Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 8, 2018 4:10 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have pretty mixed feelings on this cour's finale.

The battle felt oddly paced although I did enjoy some parts of the psychology. RIP Shirazu though. That was painful moment to watch and the made the scene somewhat impactful.

However, the overall action was really underwhelming in the season finale. It felt like they didn't put much effort into it at all. Kaneki is back now for good though so they'll probably make him more badass in the second cour.
Aug 8, 2018 5:11 AM

Feb 2013
Kaneki is back!
Wtf man, Shirazu is dead, I'm crying here.
Lol, Eto is in love or what, I never understood the way her brain works.
He was way too cruel to Urie there.
Aug 8, 2018 6:09 AM

Jun 2014
Another lackluster season in the books. Let's see how underwhelming the second cour is.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 8, 2018 6:11 AM

May 2015
Shirazu is dead. Zzzzzzzzz....

Totally random season. Still missing a lot of story. 3/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 8, 2018 9:01 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Everything that made Season 1 and 2 good has been poor this Season, honestly.

5/10.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 8, 2018 9:25 AM

Aug 2017
Rushed adaptation. It makes the average first arc from the manga a very cheap anime. Forgettable OST and bad animation in many episodes. At least Kaneki's return was cool. 3/5 for the episode. 4/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 9, 2018 4:03 AM

Sep 2011
You know what, I was really engage on Tokyo Ghoul's starting point. Then on Kaneki's change of heart because of his experienced when he's getting tortured is really understandable.

But to be frank... this Tokyo Ghoul: Re? Shit went downhill. New casts that I couldn't give two shits and Sasaki Haise? I feel want to stab my eyeballs when I see him. Heck, I even forgot why I gave this show a decent score. Probably because of the old casts.

Aug 9, 2018 8:41 AM

Jan 2017
What a climax to this season. Can't wait for October... It's so far away.

Kaneki has become his former self, odd that with it, he became so cold. Geez, the way he brushed off urie -a stark contrast to sasaki; the should have kept his emotive behaviour, as it wasn't dissimilar to when we first saw him in s1 Tokyo ghoul.

In any case, something strange is afoot, why were the ghouls taking that dudes body, he's probably coming back to life... I knew that blacked haired dude was dirty, I guess he's playing doubles with the ccg and ghouls.
Aug 9, 2018 10:29 AM

Dec 2010
Tennouji said:
You know what, I was really engage on Tokyo Ghoul's starting point. Then on Kaneki's change of heart because of his experienced when he's getting tortured is really understandable.

But to be frank... this Tokyo Ghoul: Re? Shit went downhill. New casts that I couldn't give two shits and Sasaki Haise? I feel want to stab my eyeballs when I see him. Heck, I even forgot why I gave this show a decent score. Probably because of the old casts.

Extactly my thought. This season feels like a third rate fanfic: more traps(Suzuya, Kanae, Mutsuki), more fights, the main cast is atrocious and the plot progression is just from one fight to another.

S1 and S2 were interesting because of Kaneki and other ghouls. You could feel some sort of sympathy for those, especially Anteiku and Kaneki. But this season? The CCG were fighting some crazy-ass, ugly, stupid and edgy ghouls. I felt big nothing when they got butchered.

Heck even Tsukiyama is a shadow of his past self and his whole story was pointless in the end. Do not even start with Kanae`s story. This was simply atrocious.

It has been a long time since I gave 1/10. This one deserved it wholly.
Aug 12, 2018 2:02 AM

Jun 2013

The Owl was Sen Takatsuki, the horror novelist from Root A, if I’m not mistaken. Anyways, I don’t think she’s dead. She seems way too powerful to die that easily. Also, Kaneki is back and he’s quite heartless.

I read about Shirazu’s death before as a spoiler so I wasn’t too sad but I felt sorry for him and his sister who got left behind. It’s bittersweet to see Urie actually show some emotion and feel pain after losing him.

Glad that Tsukiyama is still alive and we got to see Touka at the end of the episode!

The HALF ending song didn’t seem to fit everything. I wish they could’ve chosen a different song.

Anyways, I guess this is the final episode for this season or cour. However, I read there will be another season soon. Although the animation wasn’t stellar and I’m still not caught up with the manga, this animated adaptation was pretty enjoyable overall.

臭い-
Aug 17, 2018 4:03 PM
Feb 2017
I don't get it why is he such a jerk!!! I remember him being a bit distent in the ending of tokyo Ghoul but he was just plain rood... on top of that i don't quite get what his goal is. Isn't it about protecting the weak? or i thoguth thats what it was in tokyo ghoul.. mabie im confused can anybody help me understand?
Aug 18, 2018 8:21 AM

Apr 2017
Every season Kaneki has a new personality, this season they gave him a new look as well for his new personality.

Still, this season was better than the previous two, 5/10, because I love the ED.
cunnysseur
Aug 18, 2018 11:16 AM
Jul 2017
so now that the butchered re season has come to a close, who's ready for RE to return in october and watch as Studio Periot attempts to fit 121 remaining chapters of the manga into 12 episodes to offcially end TG series as a whole? I just want the last episode to be same as the manga. There are way too many fights/dialogue/content that they are obviously going to leave out tons of it. Let us all now pray for a FMA Brotherhood treatment for TG series. Amen
Aug 20, 2018 2:44 PM

Apr 2018
Being an anime-viewer.. I had no idea wtf was going on.. Felt like everything was just a mess. Time to read the manga. lel.
Aug 25, 2018 5:07 PM

May 2009
6AMDiary said:
Being an anime-viewer.. I had no idea wtf was going on.. Felt like everything was just a mess. Time to read the manga. lel.

Don't waste your time manga becomes huge boring mess too.
Aug 31, 2018 10:07 AM

Mar 2013
Lol another messed up finale.
Sep 5, 2018 8:11 AM

Dec 2014
that was the end really…now this seemed to me like more and more confusing.. why didn’t kaneki switch sides.. maybe he is plotting something
Sep 28, 2018 7:03 PM
Mar 2017
I had seen the other seasons more than 3 years ago and since I have little memory, I barely knew that everything was going on, they skipped a lot of things, and my head became a mess (And I do not plan to read the manga).
Well, I guess I'll see the second season of Tokyo Ghoul: re to know how it continues, even if that means being confused ... I just hope they do not skip more things in the sequel, or there will give me the desire to drop it. xD.

(Seriously, I'm not a fortune-teller, I can not know what happened in the past, if you never showed it to me ¬ ¬) (I had to convince myself that I'm watching a new anime, not a sequel, because if not, I would not have felt like finishing it)

I always fell ill Urie, but with the death Shirazu, I knew that Urie is not someone without feelings.

I guess Kaneki recovered his memories, no idea why he did not change sides instantly, I hope they explain it in the next season

RIP SHIRAZU
FireCrauterSep 28, 2018 7:13 PM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Sep 29, 2018 6:01 PM
Dec 2014
Wow that was really bad. It makes the first two seasons look amazing in comparison and they weren't even that good imo. S3 was just a total downgrade of animation, music, characters, plot.

I spent most the anime just waiting for the moment Haise loses control to Kaneki in the hope that it would shift the plot into a better state but it didn't really do anything.

Also a whole new cast? It's like the anime was made just for the fans. And I mean how many new characters did they introduce this season? It was more of a display of how many characters they could think up rather than a progression of a plot. Not to mention the uninteresting nature of all of them.

So so boring, and disappointing too. 3/10
Oct 9, 2018 10:11 PM
Mar 2017
Guys which adaptation part of the manga in this 1st cour tokyo ghoul:re i kinda lost after i watch the 2nd cour its kinda fast please do help me
Oct 22, 2018 1:16 PM

May 2013
This season was quite a disappointment.

Nov 10, 2018 2:42 PM

Oct 2018
東京喰種トーキョーグール:re Tokyo Kushu:re Tokyo Ghoul:re

Oct 2018

Oct 2018
Nov 10, 2018 2:43 PM

Oct 2018
Nov 10, 2018 2:43 PM

Oct 2018
Nov 10, 2018 2:44 PM

Oct 2018
Nov 10, 2018 2:45 PM

Oct 2018
Nov 10, 2018 3:35 PM

Oct 2018
Nov 10, 2018 3:37 PM

Oct 2018
Nov 10, 2018 3:38 PM

Oct 2018

Oct 2018

Oct 2018
Nov 10, 2018 3:39 PM

Oct 2018
Nov 10, 2018 3:40 PM

Oct 2018

Oct 2018

Oct 2018
Nov 10, 2018 3:41 PM

Oct 2018
Nov 10, 2018 3:42 PM

Oct 2018

Oct 2018

Oct 2018
Nov 10, 2018 3:43 PM

Oct 2018
Nov 10, 2018 3:44 PM

Oct 2018
Screenshots
Nov 10, 2018 3:45 PM

Oct 2018
Screenshots
Nov 10, 2018 10:31 PM

Jan 2016
RIP Shirazu.
RIP TG;re Adaptation.

PS. Eto is Sexy Hot as always.
Nov 19, 2018 3:34 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was a good finale for a cour's finale. It had action, emotions, nice scenes, decent art and animation. I liked how was the pace of this episode. I would say it can be divided into 3 parts: slower beginning (in general), dedicated to internal thoughts and other things important for the plot (1st part); then jumping straight into action (2nd part); and finally ending the episode with a mix of slower (more emotional) and faster (filled with action) scenes.

About Shirazu... ehh, I was so sad when he got killed. In the beginning of the show I thought his character would be generic "chaotic good supportive hero", while he appeared to be really cool inspector, friend and brother to his sick sister which he wanted to save.

Can't wait to start watching the second cour.
Nov 25, 2018 12:25 PM
Aug 2018
Maybe my English is a bit rusty, but I could not stop coming to comment on this episode.
The hatred I'm feeling for the CCG at the moment has no comparison and I'm eternally annoyed by Noro and Eto.
Still in doubt if I watch the next season or not. We agree that Kaneki needs a good spanking ♡

Xoxo
Dec 26, 2018 1:27 PM

May 2010
It's pretty amazing that I managed to complete this season and still have no idea what's going on and who's who xD I'm just glad it's all over... oh wait, one more season left ;_; Sigh

So I guess Kaneki's back, but he's more of an asshole now? Meh, couldn't keep up. And Tsukiyama's somehow still alive, man. This guy just cannot get killed, it seems.

Pretty terrible season, easily the worst one - previous ones weren't that good or anything, but they weren't filled with that many unnecessary, boring characters, in TG:re there's like a houndred of them xD Makes it impossible to care for anyone, especially when not a single one was developed in any way.
Artstyle wasn't the worst, but the animation sucked, ed didn't fit at all, so in the end the only one really good thing about this series was its opening xD Sweet! 5/10
Dec 31, 2018 9:37 AM

Nov 2014
As usual great OP & ED

RIP shirazu, it was quite saddened despite his good chara development,and Hola welcome back Kaneki, good to see Touka and Renji saving tsukishima and eto too(althought the battle seems to quick for me) can't wait the heat on the 2nd cour.

Tokyo ghoul is my one of my fav franchise, so i really excited on this adaptation. I already predicted it'll be similiar in case of how they adapted it seeing from it's 2 predecessor adaptation. I realized it'll be hard to solidify the whole story into tight 2 x 12 anime episodes,As we know how solid and heavy the plot is. It quite confusing for few plotholes, sudden character appearance, sudden plot without clear background.

I usually watching the anime and reread the manga after, so i can cover up some plothole or confusing thing that i got in the anime.I personally think that i am really enjoyed and excited of this adaptation.

I am not really thinking too much about the adaptation flaws, since i enjoyed it very much. It might be too personal since i really liked and loved the series itself
it'll be 10/10 for me
Jan 1, 2019 5:59 AM

Mar 2018
Somewhat enjoyed it despite obvious flaws.It's such a shame this could be a great show if adapted better.Hope second season is atleast on this level or better.Ottno...
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2018

194 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

416 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

172 by CaravanRiot »»
Mar 16, 9:41 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul: re 1st season is underrated

Ryuu_Mayo - Feb 3

12 by KayKimii »»
Feb 3, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 9 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

23 by Loockl »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.