Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 18, 2018 3:11 PM
Apr 2018
LMFAO

Cthulhu = Power

We have Cthulhu worshipers doing school shootings now. Truly the End of Days is at hand.

According to students he wore a shirt that said "BORN TO KILL" under this trenchcoat every day he went to school. Even though it's like 90 degrees all the time in Texas and he would smell awful.

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/997561041235013633
Ag526May 18, 2018 3:21 PM
May 18, 2018 3:30 PM

Jan 2009
Houston lawmaker: 'Y'all been sending thoughts and prayers for two freaking decades'

https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/bayarea/article/Santa-Fe-mass-shooting-Texas-Houston-thoughts-and-12925436.php

thoughts and prayers will work this time

May 18, 2018 3:37 PM

Dec 2016
Ag526 said:
LMFAO

Cthulhu = Power

We have Cthulhu worshipers doing school shootings now. Truly the End of Days is at hand.

According to students he wore a shirt that said "BORN TO KILL" under this trenchcoat every day he went to school. Even though it's like 90 degrees all the time in Texas and he would smell awful.

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/997561041235013633

Acts of extreme violence and aggression from children are generally cries for love and attention.

"The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth" - African Proverb

The young men you cast from society will one day return to burn your world down.
May 18, 2018 4:50 PM

Dec 2017
And probably no significant gun laws will get passed.

Whoop-de-doo.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

May 18, 2018 5:13 PM

Mar 2008
Shit...where is this school in Houston exactly? I need to check someone I know wasn't there.

PoeticJustice said:
Gun Control wouldnt have stopped this shooting. You can always get a gun if you know the right people.

This is a cultural problem where young men feel rejected and isolated by society so they make every shooting into an art piece. Pure self expression and rejecting all elements of society.

But if you don't know the right people you can't and most people don't knoe the right people and they will more likely be caught while asking around trying to get in contact with the right people.

It's a combination of a lot of factors and yes, there is a social factor but if it were just isolation you would see more shootings in the UK and Scandinavia and Japan which have more isolated social norms. Also calling it an art makes it sound like a glorification. It's more of a way to try to get noticed and remembered or just unleashing a wrath on others for a twisted sense of justice. Other factors include but not limited to not enough healthcare access, social stigma of mental illness, anti-depressants increasing homicidal and suicidal ideation, and the media's excessive coverage of shootings.

Ramzee said:
Wow a revolver and a shot gun. Not those assault rifles people scream about. Also these guns were obtained by the shooter illegally. They were taken from his father he did not purchase them legally. So someone tell me how gun control would have fixed that? What we need is more secure schools but liberals refuse to have that.

Gun safety regulations requiring a gun locker for gun owners especially ones with kids for example. It can't be enforced well that it's used but they can better taught to and it it's something that can help some. Other than that there is smart guns where only the owners can use them which could eventually phase out other guns.
traedMay 18, 2018 5:16 PM
May 18, 2018 5:34 PM

Mar 2014
Uuuuuuh but I still need muh rifle when I go shopping at Walmart
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 18, 2018 6:25 PM

Dec 2015
glad I don't live in that country
May 18, 2018 7:32 PM

Mar 2015
my country just had massive terrorism outbreaks, but only very few of them has gun, and self product at that... mostly using homemade bombs which taken mouths to prepare....i don't know what US people high on, but the logic is very simple
> gun strict limitation
> less gun circulated
> harder for people to get gun

we must be glad that US terrorism is not rampaging, mainly gang violance which has no political motive... most mass shooting manly done by lone/a small pack of wolf that alienized from society... if you didn't want to fic your gun problem, at least fix your society problem... but i don't think US people has will for it either...

so in the end, it's gonna be tough and prayers, and let's move to next mass shooting to next tough and prayers....
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 18, 2018 7:59 PM

Dec 2016
WyNdZ said:

Ramzee said:
Wow a revolver and a shot gun. Not those assault rifles people scream about. Also these guns were obtained by the shooter illegally. They were taken from his father he did not purchase them legally. So someone tell me how gun control would have fixed that? What we need is more secure schools but liberals refuse to have that.

If they were taken from his father then that means he was an irresponsible idiot who shouldn't have gotten a gun in the first place. Gun owners should be responsible for their own guns, father should be locked up in jail for negligence.

I agree with this 100%. His Father and Mother should be tried alongside him, not just for criminal negligence with their firearms.
Now watch the Parents deflect by saying muh violent vidya gaems. Now, absent abusive parents. Violent video games and just watching regula rold MSM news only sharpens your abilities to cause efficient violence to others.
Watch this shit dry up over motherfucking night. In fact, i would give them all the death penalty.
May 18, 2018 8:12 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Kids are not professional assassins, obviously the behavior of a person who's about to do such thing will change. There should be far better monitoring. Like for example all these "born to kill", gun photos or swastika on facebook is a sign that something may not be right.

Is he bullied in school, is everything alright at his house? He was planning and preparing all this for quite some time. How do you even make pipe bombs and molotovs at the age of 17 completely unnoticed.

Ramzee said:

There's no way for a 17 year old to obtain them legally but not having guns in the house might help or at least delay you a little bit or even fuck up your plans since you won't have the tools necessary.

PoeticJustice said:
Gun Control wouldnt have stopped this shooting. You can always get a gun if you know the right people.

This is a cultural problem where young men feel rejected and isolated by society so they make every shooting into an art piece. Pure self expression and rejecting all elements of society.

A 17-year-old most likely doesn't know the "right people".

I have no opinion on the second paragraph, since derailing it into "incel"/feminism debate is unavoidable. There should be payed more attention about people's problems regardless of their sex, that's unquestionable.
149597871May 18, 2018 8:16 PM
May 18, 2018 9:28 PM
May 2016
nicethings said:
Ah, yes, Texas. Where some people do legit believe that they need their AR-15s to go shopping at Walmart.

With so many shootings in America, it might be the only way to defend yourself, which is terribly sad and disturbing to think about at this point to be honest
May 18, 2018 9:57 PM

Feb 2015
Well there's nothing you can do as long as you're just watching, reading and looking at the screen in CE; for what I have seen thus far. I think I am, or not really but without even the hint of sarcasm, think that regardless of what happens, once something has been engraved within society, it is very hard to remove it.

Still RIP to those that had become the victim of this shooting.
May 18, 2018 9:58 PM

May 2012
traed said:
Shit...where is this school in Houston exactly? I need to check someone I know wasn't there.

PoeticJustice said:

But if you don't know the right people you can't and most people don't knoe the right people and they will more likely be caught while asking around trying to get in contact with the right people.

It's a combination of a lot of factors and yes, there is a social factor but if it were just isolation you would see more shootings in the UK and Scandinavia and Japan which have more isolated social norms. Also calling it an art makes it sound like a glorification. It's more of a way to try to get noticed and remembered or just unleashing a wrath on others for a twisted sense of justice. Other factors include but not limited to not enough healthcare access, social stigma of mental illness, anti-depressants increasing homicidal and suicidal ideation, and the media's excessive coverage of shootings.

You have never grew up in a poor neighborhood so of course you are saying privileged shit. I went to a high school where kids brought guns and knives to school. Children, you don't know how easy it is to get a gun, especially if you live in the hood. You always screaming about the poor yet you don't know the first thing about being in a poor neighborhood.

It is a different type of isolation where men are demonized specifically in America. You probably don't understand what young kids face today, especially young men who have been rejected. And both Britain and Japan have different cultural norms aside from isolation. So you just saying isolation is a strawman, Japan is an honor based society. That is why they commit suicide as opposed to shooting up a place. Because they do not want to dishonor their family with doing something selfish like shooting up a school. I don't know about Britain, i think you need a license to shoot up a school or something over there.

Social stigma of mental illness? This is not the 50s anymore. Not enough healthcare access? Laughable. Healthcare is not nearly as expensive as nobody in this country pays the full burden of their healthcare cost because of insurance companies. Also, the fast majority of americans have some sort of health insurance. Only 27 million are reported to not have health insurance. And you don't know if the killer or killers did not have health insurance. Or were on antidepressants. List all the killers who are involved in all the things you describe.
May 18, 2018 10:50 PM

Mar 2008
PoeticJustice said:
traed said:

You have never grew up in a poor neighborhood so of course you are saying privileged shit. I went to a high school where kids brought guns and knives to school. Children, you don't know how easy it is to get a gun, especially if you live in the hood. You always screaming about the poor yet you don't know the first thing about being in a poor neighborhood.

It is a different type of isolation where men are demonized specifically in America. You probably don't understand what young kids face today, especially young men who have been rejected. And both Britain and Japan have different cultural norms aside from isolation. So you just saying isolation is a strawman, Japan is an honor based society. That is why they commit suicide as opposed to shooting up a place. Because they do not want to dishonor their family with doing something selfish like shooting up a school. I don't know about Britain, i think you need a license to shoot up a school or something over there.

Social stigma of mental illness? This is not the 50s anymore. Not enough healthcare access? Laughable. Healthcare is not nearly as expensive as nobody in this country pays the full burden of their healthcare cost because of insurance companies. Also, the fast majority of americans have some sort of health insurance. Only 27 million are reported to not have health insurance. And you don't know if the killer or killers did not have health insurance. Or were on antidepressants. List all the killers who are involved in all the things you describe.

So your argument is "check your privilege" Lol You don't know anything about me. You don't know where I live or have lived and nothing about my life which is irrelevant to the topic anyway. Then you go off into a strawman argument. I was implying it's easy for some because of how it currently is and that it can be made more difficult.

Yes of course it exists even though it's not same as it was. When I say stigma I mean they don't feel comfortable talking about it with others that could help. Why do you think calling someone am anorexic autistic bipolar schizo is an insult? It's pretty clear there is negative connotations to many mental illnesses. It costs money to be on insurance in the first place and not all insurance is equal in coverage. I'm on Medicaid and it doesn't cover everything and isn't accepted everywhere. Also psychology itself has a lot of flaws in it that make it not help people enough. I'm not talking about a solution for everything just the best ways to actually help. If you look at statistics poorer people commit more violent crimes. This is pretty obvious. I don't feel like writing an essay right now.

About the anti-depressants I will just link this for now.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/07/25/antidepressants-linked-murders-murderous-thoughts/
May 18, 2018 11:25 PM
Jun 2015
Probably another bullied or socially isolated kid in high school. It seems a common factor of these shootings is men facing extreme social ostracization. I don't think better mental health will solve this issue because the mental illness is just a symptom of the problem. Pumping the person with drugs doesn't solve the issue which is a man that lacks social acceptance from peers and is at the bottom of social hierarchy. Men that feel that they have no social mobility will find other ways to increase their status and often these ways will lead to criminal acts like joining a gang, mass shooting, drug dealing, etc. If you want to fix this problem, you basically need to police social behavior to allow these socially isolated males a chance of success or at least at a level where they don't resort to these acts. Its not going to be talked about though because it shifts the blame on the students which hurts the narrative on gun control.
May 18, 2018 11:28 PM

Apr 2011
--ALEX-- said:
Various reports saying between 8 - 10 students dead.

>Just another day in America!

Seriously....why the fuck would anyone go to an American school at this point?

Hopefully no one. With the crap I've been hearing they teach the kids, it's better if they stay at home and learn from youtube.
May 18, 2018 11:30 PM

Apr 2011
-Placeholder- said:
1337Taste said:
Ah another day in gun controlled Europe.....oh wait it's USA.

Lol Texans and their guns. This is why complete disarmament should be done. Leave the policing to actual police.

There's no good guy to stop the bad guy this time.

I wonder why there was no one with a gun to stop him... oh wait, it's because guns are banned in schools. I wonder why it didn't stop the shooting then?

Assuming you're not a troll account like the guy you're quoting : you are quoting a troll who wants to remove borders and military, but somehow wants the police to have all the power. I'll let you come to the conclusions.
May 19, 2018 2:07 AM

Jul 2016
Bobby2Hands said:
PoeticJustice said:

nah if nobody had guns except the police who brutalize the citizenry the world would be safer. anti-gun control people are anti reality, rootless cosmopolitan hacks. Ignore them.

You know it's weird, in countries like Britain or Japan where citizens don't have guns but police do they tend to have a lot less police brutality.
But you can go on believing that if police have guns and you don't that they will oppress you for...no reason.

Does Britain and Japan have 150 million people from the Third World in their nations, like America does, no they don't. American police brutality started after 1965.
RuneRemMay 19, 2018 3:48 AM
May 19, 2018 2:55 AM
Sep 2017
The Truth About The Texas School Shooting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMk_803Yfwg
May 19, 2018 3:18 AM

Jun 2014
149597871 said:
Kids are not professional assassins, obviously the behavior of a person who's about to do such thing will change. There should be far better monitoring. Like for example all these "born to kill", gun photos or swastika on facebook is a sign that something may not be right.

Is he bullied in school, is everything alright at his house? He was planning and preparing all this for quite some time. How do you even make pipe bombs and molotovs at the age of 17 completely unnoticed.

Ramzee said:

There's no way for a 17 year old to obtain them legally but not having guns in the house might help or at least delay you a little bit or even fuck up your plans since you won't have the tools necessary.

PoeticJustice said:

I have no opinion on the second paragraph, since derailing it into "incel"/feminism debate is unavoidable. There should be payed more attention about people's problems regardless of their sex, that's unquestionable.

So your solution is to take everyone's right to a gun and leave them completely vulnerable house invasion and armed burglary. Try telling that to someone who has had their house broken into or lives in a shady sppt. Ridiculous. The criminals would still have access to guns.
Previously: BlueXRam
May 19, 2018 3:21 AM
Jul 2018
Nyu said:
Bobby2Hands said:

You know it's weird, in countries like Britain or Japan where citizens don't have guns but police do they tend to have a lot less police brutality.
But you can go on believing that if police have guns and you don't that they will oppress you for...no reason.

Does Britain and Japan have 150 million people from the Third World in their nations, like America does, no they don't. American police brutality started after segregation ended and Mass Immigration started.

this thread isn't about goddamn race.
stop dragging race into every thread to push your agenda, for gods sake.

like really, you gotta disrespect ten deaths and multiple injuries with your blistering racism? you have to smear the loss of lives and drag nonwhite people down, and use this tragedy to push your nazi LARPing? that's so lowly. stop it. its obsessive, it's repetitive, and everyone is tired of you using the same old buzzwords.

nobody asked you about race, nobody asked you about the "third world", stop making mountains of dirt out of crumbs of sand. this issue is not, was not, will not, and will never be about your obsession with race, so I suggest you concede early before you disrupt this thread further.
removed-userMay 19, 2018 3:29 AM
May 19, 2018 3:57 AM

Oct 2009
That's the mental health system for ya.
May 19, 2018 4:02 AM

Mar 2015
Nyu said:
Bobby2Hands said:

Does Britain and Japan have 150 million people from the Third World in their nations, like America does, no they don't. American police brutality started after 1965.

most 3rd world as long it not plunged into civil war or dictator, or organized crime, it still has less fatal violance than US....

TONYBoii said:
That's the mental health system for ya.

that's socialism propaganda to take our money taxes... reeeeeeeeeee /s
KumaMay 19, 2018 4:06 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 19, 2018 4:16 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Ramzee said:
149597871 said:

So your solution is to take everyone's right to a gun and leave them completely vulnerable house invasion and armed burglary. Try telling that to someone who has had their house broken into or lives in a shady sppt. Ridiculous. The criminals would still have access to guns.

Maybe there are better and more "acceptable" solutions. As far as I understand your concern is that criminals will still be able to obtain guns illegally with the little difference that this time citizens wouldn't be able to "fight back".

When it comes to gun fights what I think is that they are usually a bit "one-sided" even if both sides are armed simply because of the 1 shot 1 kill thing. Like what, someone comes to you with a loaded gun pointed at you and tells you to give him all your money, would it really matter if you have a gun, by the time you draw it you'll be dead at least several times. Or what, you are going to shoot him in the back the moment he gets your wallet and starts running. None of these scenarios ends well.

But the good thing is, there are plenty of things that can be done do improve the current situation.

Make illegal gun purchase harder and don't bring "if you know the right guy you can always get one" excuses.
Better background/mental checks on people who purchase guns legally.
If there's a kid/teenager or anyone under 18 in your house guns should be kept in a special place where cannot be reached by them. (I know that sounds pretty obvious but it's impressive how many people fail to do it).
Better monitoring at what's happening at schools and the mental health of the students and make teachers and the staff actually useful when it comes to bullying, etc.

Ultimately, less crimes will reduce the need of guns among the "law-abiding" citizens and make the actions of the police less extreme. Because in a perfect society nobody would need guns, but if your excuse to have one is "I need it because there are a lot of bad guys who also have it" then it tells quite a lot about the society you live in. I doubt many Japanese people go through all that trouble of purchasing a gun with "house invasion" or "armed burglary" excuses.
149597871May 19, 2018 4:25 AM
May 19, 2018 4:46 AM

Jun 2014
149597871 said:
Ramzee said:

Maybe there are better and more "acceptable" solutions. As far as I understand your concern is that criminals will still be able to obtain guns illegally with the little difference that this time citizens wouldn't be able to "fight back".

When it comes to gun fights what I think is that they are usually a bit "one-sided" even if both sides are armed simply because of the 1 shot 1 kill thing. Like what, someone comes to you with a loaded gun pointed at you and tells you to give him all your money, would it really matter if you have a gun, by the time you draw it you'll be dead at least several times. Or what, you are going to shoot him in the back the moment he gets your wallet and starts running. None of these scenarios ends well.

But the good thing is, there are plenty of things that can be done do improve the current situation.

Make illegal gun purchase harder and don't bring "if you know the right guy you can always get one" excuses.
If there's a kid/teenager or anyone under 18 in your house guns should be kept in a special place where cannot be reached by them. (I know that sounds pretty obvious but it's impressive how many people fail to do it).
Better monitoring at what's happening at schools and the mental health of the students and make teachers and the staff actually useful when it comes to bullying, etc.

Ultimately, less crimes will reduce the need of guns among the "law-abiding" citizens and make the actions of the police less extreme. Because in a perfect society nobody would need guns, but if your excuse to have one is "I need it because there are a lot of bad guys who also have it" then it tells quite a lot about the society you live in. I doubt many Japanese people go through all that trouble of purchasing a gun with "house invasion" or "armed burglary" excuses.

It is a constitutional right. Our country was founded on the constitution sorry you don't respect it. Every human being in America is entitled to self preservation. Saying you only want cops and government to be armed is ridiculous. And once again, say what you want but tell that to people who have been burglarized. i don't think you realize how often a gun is used for self defense in America per year. Now tell all those people they didn't have the right to defend themselves. You're ridiculous and clueless of the actual reality. Everyone just drop your guns and hold hands and there will be no need for guns XD!!! Jesus christ you are delusional. Stop trying to enact other country policies here. America is a different country. And at least we have freedom of speech which Japan doesn't have. But please keep using another country with little freedom to remove more freedoms in America.
Previously: BlueXRam
May 19, 2018 4:49 AM

Jan 2016
THIS IS AMERICA, don't catch you slippin' up
May 19, 2018 5:12 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Ramzee said:
149597871 said:

It is a constitutional right. Our country was founded on the constitution sorry you don't respect it. Every human being in America is entitled to self preservation. Saying you only want cops and government to be armed is ridiculous. And once again, say what you want but tell that to people who have been burglarized. i don't think you realize how often a gun is used for self defense in America per year. Now tell all those people they didn't have the right to defend themselves. You're ridiculous and clueless of the actual reality. Everyone just drop your guns and hold hands and there will be no need for guns XD!!! Jesus christ you are delusional. Stop trying to enact other country policies here. America is a different country. And at least we have freedom of speech which Japan doesn't have. But please keep using another country with little freedom to remove more freedoms in America.

Restricting the freedoms of the citizens is often necessary to prevent certain crimes from happening that's the core principle of society, you can't expect to act selfish and do whatever you want and everything comes with consequences. That's the actual definition of the word "freedom" when in this context. Maybe Japan has its own flaws but when it comes to gun violence it can be used as an example since it's basically non-existent here if you check the stats. You should work on ways to improve the situation in your own country rather than trying to argue that what's happening there is perfectly normal and you are just different and "free". I'm just giving you suggestions, whether the USA will listen or not - it's up to them to decide.
149597871May 19, 2018 5:17 AM
May 19, 2018 5:24 AM
Feb 2018
Ramzee said:
149597871 said:

So your solution is to take everyone's right to a gun and leave them completely vulnerable house invasion and armed burglary.

You can still have a gun under gun control.
May 19, 2018 5:39 AM

Nov 2013
These incidents always bring out the biggest dumbasses ffs

I can see you

May 19, 2018 7:40 AM

Jul 2016
149597871 said:
Ramzee said:

Restricting the freedoms of the citizens is often necessary to prevent certain crimes from happening that's the core principle of society, you can't expect to act selfish and do whatever you want and everything comes with consequences. That's the actual definition of the word "freedom" when in this context. Maybe Japan has its own flaws but when it comes to gun violence it can be used as an example since it's basically non-existent here if you check the stats. You should work on ways to improve the situation in your own country rather than trying to argue that what's happening there is perfectly normal and you are just different and "free". I'm just giving you suggestions, whether the USA will listen or not - it's up to them to decide.

Comparing America to Japan isn't comparable due to the different demographics.
May 19, 2018 9:12 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Nyu said:
149597871 said:

Comparing America to Japan isn't comparable due to the different demographics.

Doesn't make any of what I said above less true. Besides foreigners in Japan tend to do a lot less crimes than foreigners in other countries. Like there's even 100 000 Muslim people here and yet you don't hear news about gang rapes or Islamic terrorism. I believe the problem in the USA is far more deep rooted than just gun rights or immigration.
May 19, 2018 9:23 AM

Mar 2012
15poundfish said:
Probably another bullied or socially isolated kid in high school. It seems a common factor of these shootings is men facing extreme social ostracization. I don't think better mental health will solve this issue because the mental illness is just a symptom of the problem. Pumping the person with drugs doesn't solve the issue which is a man that lacks social acceptance from peers and is at the bottom of social hierarchy. Men that feel that they have no social mobility will find other ways to increase their status and often these ways will lead to criminal acts like joining a gang, mass shooting, drug dealing, etc. If you want to fix this problem, you basically need to police social behavior to allow these socially isolated males a chance of success or at least at a level where they don't resort to these acts. Its not going to be talked about though because it shifts the blame on the students which hurts the narrative on gun control.
Mental illness, social ostracization, bad personality, and dangerous attitudes have a number of sources and can be mutually reinforcing. You're only talking about one possibility, where some men are socially isolated due to no fault of their own (maybe they are awkward or have eccentric interests) and then that isolation manifests as mental illness, bad personality, and dangerous attitudes. That does happen, but it's certainly not the only way and focussing on it risks playing into the victim narrative favoured by, for example, incels. Often mental illness, bad personality, and dangerous attitudes are causes of social ostracization and improvements in those areas will reduce or eliminate the ostracization. "We should treat other people better" is a good message, but it can only take us so far.
JoshMay 19, 2018 9:26 AM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
May 19, 2018 10:10 AM
Feb 2018
If bullying and depression were a reason enough to carry a mass shooting, in the '90 (and even today) you would hear about LGBT mass shooters every day, since they are one of the groups that has the worst in high school.

But instead for some reason it's always white straight dudes.
May 19, 2018 10:56 AM
Jun 2015
Josh said:
Mental illness, social ostracization, bad personality, and dangerous attitudes have a number of sources and can be mutually reinforcing. You're only talking about one possibility, where some men are socially isolated due to no fault of their own (maybe they are awkward or have eccentric interests) and then that isolation manifests as mental illness, bad personality, and dangerous attitudes. That does happen, but it's certainly not the only way and focussing on it risks playing into the victim narrative favoured by, for example, incels. Often mental illness, bad personality, and dangerous attitudes are causes of social ostracization and improvements in those areas will reduce or eliminate the ostracization. "We should treat other people better" is a good message, but it can only take us so far.
I am not saying the victim is blameless, but it doesn't change the fact that society and his peers played a role into leading to his actions. The monster that exists in is often created by their own life experiences and genetics and ignoring both is foolish. I think these type of people will always exist in society because life is a zero sum game with winners and losers. We can reduce the number of losers, but the fact that their will be losers will remain.A small minority of these losers will lash out violently against society out of revenge.
May 19, 2018 11:04 AM
Jun 2015
AdolChri said:
If bullying and depression were a reason enough to carry a mass shooting, in the '90 (and even today) you would hear about LGBT mass shooters every day, since they are one of the groups that has the worst in high school.

Its probably because the minorities often join gangs instead. There are minority school shooters as well like the Virgina Tech and Isla Vista. I don't think most Gay people are completely alone like these people often are. They are persecuted, but as long as they keep their mouth shut they are often accepted by everyone else.
May 19, 2018 11:05 AM

Jul 2017
'Murica for the win

May 19, 2018 11:26 AM

Jul 2015
I heard of this place, and know people who lived in this town, it's south of Houston.This sick bastard went to a Greek Orthodox Church, although I wouldn't say worshipping Ares was quite tolerated.
I'm sure that all Trump & Governor Abbot will do is talk out of their mouth while paying the usual lip service to the 2nd amendment.
I'm getting tired of people whining about their 2nd amendment rights, these people don't care about anything or anybody else beside their freaking guns.
May 19, 2018 12:02 PM
Feb 2018
15poundfish said:
AdolChri said:

Its probably because the minorities often join gangs instead. There are minority school shooters as well like the Virgina Tech and Isla Vista. I don't think most Gay people are completely alone like these people often are. They are persecuted, but as long as they keep their mouth shut they are often accepted by everyone else.

You gotta be kidding me. You think the 2% of the population isn't more alone in High school than the average straight white dude. Being gay in the 90 was hell. It still is hell in conservative small, towns. Being trans nowadays means you can't even use a bathroom without getting insulted.

May 19, 2018 12:22 PM
Jun 2015
AdolChri said:

You gotta be kidding me. You think the 2% of the population isn't more alone in High school than the average straight white dude. Being gay in the 90 was hell. It still is hell in conservative small, towns. Being trans nowadays means you can't even use a bathroom without getting insulted.

You are implying these school shooters are average. They aren't average at all, a complete loner that is bullied is not an average individual. Being part of a certain identity politics group doesn't mean you are more oppressed than someone else outside of that group. Stop the ridiculous SJW nonsense.
May 19, 2018 1:46 PM

Oct 2009
Fix the mental health system!
May 19, 2018 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
you know facebook and google should get paid to look at the stuff posted about the net/on their site that way they could send the "red flags" over to the actual law enforcement folks. the material he was posting alone including the things he owned, would have sent a red flag if the police were monitoring. poor folks prayers to the victims.
May 19, 2018 7:43 PM
Sep 2011
Dude was upset that a girl dared to dump his creepy ass: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/388486-santa-fe-shooter-killed-girl-who-turned-down-his-advances

Wonder if he was a Darling in the FranXX fan.

Nyu said:
Bobby2Hands said:

That's a fair point. The alt-right is increasingly acting like citizenry of any under-educated and impoverished banana republic you could name off-hand. For those without the advantage of living in relative prosperity, this really has become a shit country -- and it's likely to get far worse.
May 19, 2018 9:15 PM

Jun 2015
It's surprising how unsurprising any of this is to me.

May 19, 2018 9:21 PM

Jun 2015
15poundfish said:
I am not saying the victim is blameless, but it doesn't change the fact that society and his peers played a role into leading to his actions. The monster that exists in is often created by their own life experiences and genetics and ignoring both is foolish. I think these type of people will always exist in society because life is a zero sum game with winners and losers. We can reduce the number of losers, but the fact that their will be losers will remain.A small minority of these losers will lash out violently against society out of revenge.
People use 'zero sum game' inappropriately.
Also, the cliche revenge route is just a way to attempt to explain something we can't. In reality, it's just the number of doors.

May 19, 2018 9:25 PM

Mar 2016
So how is that NOT having gun control working out for the United States?
Feels like every few weeks there is school shooting there.

May 19, 2018 9:44 PM

Feb 2018
I don't agree with shooting up a school because of it, but who ruthlessly bullies a kid like that? Why were the motherfucking teachers bullying him?
May 19, 2018 10:45 PM
Apr 2018
damn, america just needs to ban guns from the public.
May 19, 2018 10:53 PM
Jun 2015
code said:
People use 'zero sum game' inappropriately.
Also, the cliche revenge route is just a way to attempt to explain something we can't. In reality, it's just the number of doors.
It absolutely is a zero sum game in terms of winning the game of a social life and reproductive success. A ostracized loner decreases his change of reproductive success but the bullies and other complaint classmates are increased because they are closer to the top. The entire purpose of monogamy is to decrease the number of male losers in society in exchange for surplus labor and stability. polygamous society leads to a lot of males that are unproductive, violent, aggressive,etc. because they don't fit the quality standard of women that can choose the top men or the richest men every time.

The shooter probably would never have killed anyone if he was accepted by his peers and was not bullied. He targeted people according to his statement to the police that he disliked. That is a revenge plot, even if its a cliche. Nobody is saying all loners will go shoot a school, but its not a big surprise it happened. Getting rid of guns means the next generation of killers will find more creative ways to kill people.
May 19, 2018 10:58 PM

Jun 2017
It's pretty sad that school shootings aren't even a huge surprise anymore.
Though we are parted,
If on Mount Inaba's peak
I should hear the sound
Of the pine trees growing there,
I'll come back again to you.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.