Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 3, 2018 10:05 PM

Mar 2015
All the girls from the original training group are leaving one by one, shame. Anyone else feel like Mikasa's losing her feelings for Eren?

Now, all those ships that went to Paradise Island, do people thing they also betrayed Marley? Since Zeke's right man (woman) managed to not get killed.
May 3, 2018 10:24 PM

Apr 2017
violadude said:
Hey I was hoping someone could clarify something for me,

In this chapter Zeke said the mission was a success because now we have the Founding Titan and someone with royal blood. But didn't they already have that? Eren and Historia ya? Did I miss something?
i think its because they cant bring historia in battles firstly cus shes already the queen and shes not that strong and capable of protecting her self i guess

still life: pink roses
May 3, 2018 10:32 PM

Sep 2014
Gabi's Eldian guilt is off the chain! She's trying so hard to prove that she's one of the "good" ones, trying to make up for all the atrocities her ancestors committed in the past, hoping that the people treating her like shit will someday like her... This feels so much like modern-day America.
May 3, 2018 10:38 PM
May 2018
sunako199 said:
violadude said:

In this chapter Zeke said the mission was a success because now we have the Founding Titan and someone with royal blood. But didn't they already have that? Eren and Historia ya? Did I miss something?
i think its because they cant bring historia in battles firstly cus shes already the queen and shes not that strong and capable of protecting her self i guess

Hm maybe. I always got the impression that they wouldn't actually need to go to battle though. If the "Eldian lines" that they're all connected through can pass across time and space it seems like Eren could command titans even from the throne room.
May 3, 2018 10:41 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Definitely, one of the most controversial arcs SnK has ever had and one of the most influential Chapter, this too. Everything just happened so fast, my head is still not getting around to all the vivid details thrown here and there.

Sasha’s death, in my opinion, was inevitable but depressing nonetheless. I expected the bulletproof armour to just about save her from her merciless fate, but it seems as though there’s nothing like a true perfect victory, especially not in the messed up world of SnK. Zeke working with Paradis Island is no big surprise, since we’ve been provided with enough foreshadows throughout the arc. Surprising, however, is that Levi followed Zeke’s masterful plan and that Eren acted on his own accord here. I was expecting a devious plan from all of Paradis Island’s intellectuals to come up with this, but perhaps I was shooting for the stars there. Not many can do what Eren just did, and I see the significance of it all or so I think I do.

Despite all this, the two miscalculations part got me a little bewildered. Did Zeke expect Gabi to cause some havoc? If so, bloody hell is he right. Gabi has been the most annoying character this whole arc and I imagine all of you to think so too. Immature, Rage and Brain-washed, this girl just pulled off a miracle. Not only did she get up to the plane(or whatever it is) using those 3D manoeuvres that take years of practice to perfect, she even managed to kill one of the most important side characters of the show. Bloody hell, this is really hard to digest. First of all, one might argue that the manoeuvre was actually connected and et cetera, but how can a little runt carry herself and another along with her all the way some 50m above the ground? I find it so mind boggling. Sure, she’s done her fair bit of harsh training and also had her fair bit of war-experience and et cetera, but I doubt she’d any experience with this sort of thing. Really shocking stuff!

But really, that was it for the downs of this Chapter! Everything else was just pure brilliance! I love this manga because of how unpredictable it can be, and bloody hell was this just the perfect unpredictable plot development. “If you’re willing to make the kill, be prepared to suffer the same fate” is what this show expertise in and it did just that. Absolutely top-notch stuff!

I think we have two options:
- Balance of terror (nations of the world will reconsider and reach a peace agreement with the eldians)
- Great war that will lead to the climax of Attack on Titan, hence we will witness the walls fall and the wall titans invade the world!

I prefer the second one.

Note: I think we will see our Queen soon :)[/quote]

Same, I think we only have these two options at our hands right now. I expect Isayama to surprise us, however, with a different perspective awaiting. Can’t wait to find out how the next arc will fare!

Lol, I wonder how Paradis Island is doing now under the new Queens rule. Definitely a lot more advanced, by the looks of it.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 3, 2018 11:12 PM
May 2018
I'm sad for sasha, but there are things that be me sadder idk why..
Hange and Levi's disappointment in Eren, esp Hange and her words "you trusted us but we lost trust in you" it made me very very sad for some reason.. And the liking I developed for Eren in the last few chapters suddenly turned into sadness and disappointment.
The strategy was good and everything, but couldn't they make it together, rather than acting alone like that and forcing them into the situation?? It feels as he deems them unreliable, yet he depends on them. I don't understand.. Or did he think they won't let him use himself as a bait? Even though, it wasn't what I expected from this new clever and calm Eren.. It made feel as if the development of his character was an illusion, and he is just as he was before.
This war shouldn't be a one man's show.
May 3, 2018 11:15 PM

Mar 2018
As I suspected, Isayama Hajime is 2nd Urobutcher after all. I kinda want to punch my past self 3 months ago for hyping Eren's rampage.

May 3, 2018 11:16 PM

Nov 2015
Sad that Sasha died, though a little ridiculous that her last words were meat. Nice to see confirmation on Zeke's alliance with the Survey Corps, though they should keep an eye on him. I wonder what they're going to do with Gabi and Falco once they get back to Paradis. I hope Eren and the Survey Corps won't have a continuous bad relation.
May 3, 2018 11:36 PM

Feb 2018
Now I want Zackey to get his hands on Gabi ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But seriously, this chapter was insane and we got to know about Zeke and Eren. Eren has become insane.

The saddest thing that happened was Sasha's Death. RIP. Although it wasn't dramatic as Erwins and Berts death.

Also, this is hinting at something:

Eren representing Dark and Armin Light.
May 4, 2018 12:12 AM
May 2017
Ha ha.. that came out of nowhere.. ha ha.. sasha.. TT___TT

This really hurts, on minute she was alive and well, and we were all celebrating... and then she died... WHAT THE HELL TT__TT...
I just remembered that this is indeed Shingeki no Kyojin... damn...
May 4, 2018 12:13 AM
Dec 2016
Not Potato Girl. Noooo. Who will ex-commander Kieth shout at now.
May 4, 2018 12:50 AM
Aug 2015
Jared93 said:
Kirie-san said:

I know that she was supposed to die earlier, and I expected that someone from the Survey Corps would die, this is war after all. But I'm disappointed because Gabi's action are predictable (while the author usually manage to surprise us), and I think there are inconsistencies since she manages to kill a guy, use the 3DGM and get in the zepplin easily, then kill another person. Even for a soldier, it's too much.
Side character? It's almost like she's become the main character of the manga. I've followed the main characters for many chapters, and one my favorite ones dies by the hand of the character I hate the most... I didn't ask you to agree with me, this is a forum, I can share my point of view about the chapter right? =)

Of course you can say your opinion. I just think its not fair to dislike a great chapter because your fave character died. And in my opinion its not bad if something is predictable. He established Gabis character and her feelings in the last few chapters. I can understand how she feels. I still dont like her. But i would have not liked it if she would have acted more calm because that wouldnt make sense for her.

That’s not all, if Sasha has died in an other way, or if the author hadn’t focused on Gabi so much, I wouldn’t disliked it. Because since her first appearance, I couldn’t bare her. For me she’s the least interesting character of the series, and one of the most annoying I’ve ever seen. I can understand her point of view, her being brainwashed (like Reiner and co were), but what’s good about her? I didn’t really enjoyed being from the Marelyan perspective during this arc, but at least, there were interesting character (Willy, Magath, Pieck, Galliard – even if I don’t like them), especially Falco and Reiner, but Gabi was ruining my enjoyment since I don’t like her and I can’t find anything interesting about her. Moreover, she’s happy to have been able to kill someone. So I’m really pissed by her attitude. I don’t know if Isayama intended to wrote her character so that she has to be hated (if so he succeded), but from my point of view it seems that she’s become his favorite character and like he wants Marley to win. At this point I won’t even be surprised if this really happens.

Ethicalll said:
It doesn't require 3 years to press on the trigger, the anchors were still connected to the airship, that's how she managed to get up there.

OhSnapItsRoy said:
You act as though Gabi was actually maneuvering around with the 3D gear, which is what takes practicing. Pulling the trigger and holding onto it while it pulls you upwards since it was pre attached does not take any training, just a strong grip.

Yeah, but still, using it requires training. The anchors were connected to the airship but the corpse was dead. If the airship wasn’t moving and if Gabi pressed the trigger just above ok, but the airship was moving, the soldier was dead, and that the 3DGM requires body movements (remember when Ymir moved while she was carried by Bertolt, he was losing his balance), so it makes no sense that Gabi managed to go up that easily. They even avoid the buildings.

This part of MushiRock11’s post sums up my thoughts very well :

_MushiRock11_ said:
Gabi has been the most annoying character this whole arc and I imagine all of you to think so too. Immature, Rage and Brain-washed, this girl just pulled off a miracle. Not only did she get up to the plane(or whatever it is) using those 3D manoeuvres that take years of practice to perfect, she even managed to kill one of the most important side characters of the show. Bloody hell, this is really hard to digest. First of all, one might argue that the manoeuvre was actually connected and et cetera, but how can a little runt carry herself and another along with her all the way some 50m above the ground? I find it so mind boggling. Sure, she’s done her fair bit of harsh training and also had her fair bit of war-experience and et cetera, but I doubt she’d any experience with this sort of thing. Really shocking stuff!

GodofWar2015 said:
You sound extremely childish. This is war kid. Suck it up. Sasha was amazing, but she got killed, which in the end is what happens in war.

As if I didn’t know that this is war… It seems you haven’t cleary read my post. It’s not like I disliked the chapter just because Sasha died, I disliked it because of how it happened and because it’s been several chapters that I’m not fond of what’s going on. Of course it’s really interesting but I don’t like this focus on Marley characters, especially Gabi.

I hope I was able to answer everyone, sorry if I missed a post. For now I won’t be answering if someone is quoting me since I just want to get away from what happened for the time being (until the next chapter comes out since I’m curious about what will happen).
Kirie-sanMay 4, 2018 12:54 AM
May 4, 2018 1:20 AM

Dec 2011
It happened.
They KILLED THE COMIC RELIEF.
May 4, 2018 1:38 AM

Aug 2012
Rip Potatoe Girl ;___;

Gabi will never be able to make up for what she did.
May 4, 2018 1:44 AM

Oct 2015
Isayama: ok I need to make a character for everyone to hate. (looks at draft of genderbend Eren)

(a couple of chapters later)

Isayama: good, I have got half the fandom hating her but I need everyone to hate her (looks at sasha) hmmm I was going to kill them off earlier but here they can serve my purpose.

(after this chapter)

Isayama: GOOD, GOOD I am on the track to making the most satisfying death in manga.
May 4, 2018 2:04 AM

Jan 2017
Sasha dead didn't sink in until Eren's face was zoomed. The guilt hurts. RIP. Just when he grows hotter than Mikasa, damn.

So Zeke betrayal is confirmed and them losing trust in Eren. What's next?

May 4, 2018 2:29 AM
Jul 2017
This was a hard chapter to read for me especially since Sasha was one of my favourite characters in anime so watching her die and seeing the reaction of her friend's was truly heartbreaking, I ended up crying myself to sleep since I read it at midnight. I understand why Gabie did what she did so I don't hate her though not to say I'm not mad at her. One of the reasons I love the anime and manga is that even though people do terrible and sometimes selfish things like Eren's recent acts, their reasons are always understandable and realistic to the character. All I can say is that its gonna be hard to watch Sasha in season 3 and re-watching previous seasons with knowing what's eventually going to happen to her and maybe even harder to read on. :(

May 4, 2018 3:11 AM
Mar 2018
So the most uninteresting character of the surviving "main cast recruits" with little to nothing development since ages ago died. I can live with that. With Gabi we got a much more interesting new character instead, practically Erens counterpart on the other side with a clouded mind of all the indoctrination and discrimination she experienced in her life. I'm looking forward to their relationship and if she will bury the hatchet or just wait for the perfect time to kill Eren. Oh the suspense!

vong10 said:
Anyone else feel like Mikasa's losing her feelings for Eren?

When Levi kicked Eren in the face she was quick to defend him, only restrained by Armin. I can't see any changes in her feelings to him.

Kirie-san said:
Yeah, but still, using it requires training. The anchors were connected to the airship but the corpse was dead. If the airship wasn’t moving and if Gabi pressed the trigger just above ok, but the airship was moving, the soldier was dead, and that the 3DGM requires body movements (remember when Ymir moved while she was carried by Bertolt, he was losing his balance), so it makes no sense that Gabi managed to go up that easily. They even avoid the buildings.

Gabi didn't manouver through woods or buildings. She pulled a trigger of the grappling hook part of the 3D gear which was already connected to the airship right above their heads and which dragged her above automatically. Pulling triggers is all she was trained for beeing a soldier shooting guns. So why is it so hard for you to understand that she simply pulled a trigger?
May 4, 2018 3:19 AM
Mar 2018
In Gabi what I saw was the young Eren filled with rage, determination and on a quest of revenge!!! Revenge is a never-ending cycle!!! And on its way causes chaos and destruction, pain and suffering!!! Was surprised to see Zeke involved in it!!!Sasha's death was very unfortunate!!! Felt sad for her her death!! But in the end, life goes on!!! We keep on gaining and keep on losing to maintain the balance
May 4, 2018 3:40 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Kirie-san said:
Jared93 said:

Of course you can say your opinion. I just think its not fair to dislike a great chapter because your fave character died. And in my opinion its not bad if something is predictable. He established Gabis character and her feelings in the last few chapters. I can understand how she feels. I still dont like her. But i would have not liked it if she would have acted more calm because that wouldnt make sense for her.

That’s not all, if Sasha has died in an other way, or if the author hadn’t focused on Gabi so much, I wouldn’t disliked it. Because since her first appearance, I couldn’t bare her. For me she’s the least interesting character of the series, and one of the most annoying I’ve ever seen. I can understand her point of view, her being brainwashed (like Reiner and co were), but what’s good about her? I didn’t really enjoyed being from the Marelyan perspective during this arc, but at least, there were interesting character (Willy, Magath, Pieck, Galliard – even if I don’t like them), especially Falco and Reiner, but Gabi was ruining my enjoyment since I don’t like her and I can’t find anything interesting about her. Moreover, she’s happy to have been able to kill someone. So I’m really pissed by her attitude. I don’t know if Isayama intended to wrote her character so that she has to be hated (if so he succeded), but from my point of view it seems that she’s become his favorite character and like he wants Marley to win. At this point I won’t even be surprised if this really happens.

Ethicalll said:
It doesn't require 3 years to press on the trigger, the anchors were still connected to the airship, that's how she managed to get up there.

OhSnapItsRoy said:
You act as though Gabi was actually maneuvering around with the 3D gear, which is what takes practicing. Pulling the trigger and holding onto it while it pulls you upwards since it was pre attached does not take any training, just a strong grip.

This part of MushiRock11’s post sums up my thoughts very well :

_MushiRock11_ said:
Gabi has been the most annoying character this whole arc and I imagine all of you to think so too. Immature, Rage and Brain-washed, this girl just pulled off a miracle. Not only did she get up to the plane(or whatever it is) using those 3D manoeuvres that take years of practice to perfect, she even managed to kill one of the most important side characters of the show. Bloody hell, this is really hard to digest. First of all, one might argue that the manoeuvre was actually connected and et cetera, but how can a little runt carry herself and another along with her all the way some 50m above the ground? I find it so mind boggling. Sure, she’s done her fair bit of harsh training and also had her fair bit of war-experience and et cetera, but I doubt she’d any experience with this sort of thing. Really shocking stuff!

GodofWar2015 said:
You sound extremely childish. This is war kid. Suck it up. Sasha was amazing, but she got killed, which in the end is what happens in war.

As if I didn’t know that this is war… It seems you haven’t cleary read my post. It’s not like I disliked the chapter just because Sasha died, I disliked it because of how it happened and because it’s been several chapters that I’m not fond of what’s going on. Of course it’s really interesting but I don’t like this focus on Marley characters, especially Gabi.

I hope I was able to answer everyone, sorry if I missed a post. For now I won’t be answering if someone is quoting me since I just want to get away from what happened for the time being (until the next chapter comes out since I’m curious about what will happen).

I think I can understand your feelings in this matter, Kirei-san. Gabi has been a character designed by Isayama Hajime to hate, and that’s exactly what you’re doing and there’s nothing wrong with it really. What’s wrong, however like the others pointed out, is that you used this to backlash on the manga.
See, the very reason she exists is to demonstrate the point of view of Eren from the Marleyan side. It’s adding more depth and just goes on to show just how far the World is messed up. Eren Yeager was, at one point, just like her but we didn’t mind it since we’ve been accustomed to his way of mentality. All those brutal deaths set it up, really. Now, imagine a girl suffering every single day, just like Eren but in a different and more complex manner, because of her ancestors. Coupled with this, all the lies that were fed to her, she was convinced and set out her path to kill all Eldians(of Paradis Island), just like how Eren decided to kill all titans. They couldn’t have been more alike, and this is what Isayama is trying to prove. What I’m saying is that this Chapter couldn’t possibly ruin your experience of the manga since such a thing was coming ever since we were introduced to Gabi and co, I know the buildup was super cheesy and predictable, but do understand that the death of Sasha was all but to portray just how much she hates the Eldians. Isayama knew that getting one of the main characters down would make us understand and this is why it happened. We were forced to analyse her and come to terms with it, because that’s just how it is. Let’s be honest here, you wouldn’t have been so furious if only that one commander was killed, now would you?

I’m not criticising you here, just trying to make you understand. I understand that it’s your choice to like or dislike the Chapter, and that’s just how it is, but please don’t backlash on this manga just because of one character that you hated, who coincidentally managed to kill your favourite character in the turn of events. The fact that you’ve kept up with the manga this long must have meant you enjoyed it for the most bit, so now just try to empathise with the Characters. It’s especially hard since it’s Gabi but once you begin to empathise with her, you may come to terms with it.

That’s all I had to say. I know I’m just being annoying here, since this is not really my place to say all this but as a huge fan of this manga, it’s just natural that I along with many others would feel offended if one would start back lashing on this manga for this one Chapter, which sadly wasn’t your cup of tea.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 4, 2018 4:03 AM

Mar 2016
God dammit, Gabi... I hope she will not die fast, but instead be suffering like Reiner.

Isayama definitely enjoys killing sweet girls which were already very few of. Why not Connie? He's also a comic character.
May 4, 2018 4:12 AM
Mar 2017
Cerisine said:
It happened.
They KILLED THE COMIC RELIEF.

Damn, now I can't expect any humor relief in this story.
I know Sasha suppose to be die a long time ago, but to see Ishiyama finally did that is quite hurt. I grow attached to our potato girl.
It's nice to see Jean grows so much tho. I can see why he gets tired of war.
May 4, 2018 4:15 AM
Mar 2017
Chokko said:
Busujima_Saeko said:
this is BS.. isayama just kill one of the most funny and popular character in SNK.. seriously WTF are you doing isayama? why dont you just kill other fodder like jane or connie?

He had planned on killing her earlier, but he didn't do so because of angry fans. So even though she was one of my favorite characters, I'm glad he did what he wanted to.

What a chapter.

Actually, he didn't kill her because the editor ask him not to, not angry mob.
I guess he changes editor :')
May 4, 2018 4:33 AM

Mar 2015
MicMonster said:

vong10 said:
Anyone else feel like Mikasa's losing her feelings for Eren?

When Levi kicked Eren in the face she was quick to defend him, only restrained by Armin. I can't see any changes in her feelings to him.

It just feels that she's started to grow tired of him, seems like Armin has. As Hanji said, they've all lost trust in him especially whoever's left of the 104th group now that Sasha has died.
May 4, 2018 4:54 AM
Feb 2013
What a satisfying chapter. Zeke, as predicted, is a traitor.
Well, since they were able to accept him, I guess they should have zero problems with making Annie an ally as well. To me, Gabi is a much more likable version of Eren.
DesirelessMay 4, 2018 5:08 AM
May 4, 2018 5:36 AM
Mar 2018
How do they work together with the one who killed Erwin fk'n Smith?
May 4, 2018 5:50 AM

Jul 2012
NOT SASHA! WHY!????

Welp, I'm very intrigued by the whole conspiration going on, and some of us already expected it to happen. Hopefully another infodumping chapter coming next.
May 4, 2018 6:28 AM

Jun 2016
violadude said:

Can't turn the queen to a titan bro.
May 4, 2018 6:30 AM

Jun 2016
Eren is dead inside.

Eren is my new favorite character.
May 4, 2018 6:30 AM

Mar 2014
I don't like gabi just as I never liked younger eren but what did you guys expect her to do? She just saw her two close friends die right in front of her and those guards she was close with because of "paradis devils". Just switch gabi with younger eren, udo/zofia with armin/mikasa and those guards with two hannes. Now tell me what would you have expected from younger eren? Calm and rational? From gabi's pov, her actions make complete sense. I saw some people in other sites comparing her to falco which is unfair. Not only their personalities are different but also falco didn't see his friends' being killed by paradis force AND he got to witness reiner and eren's conversation which made him understand the whole picture. Based on what information gabi has, her actions are totally understandable. She's doing what she thinks is right and doesn't mind if she dies while trying. I can't believe I'm defending a character I don't really care about.

And no, sasha is not comparable to connie and jean. Jean is very popular in japan. He always placed within top 10 in the official polls and in the recent one he placed 5th right behind eren. Sasha was not even in the top 10. In relevance, he is right behind ema. He and armin are complimentary characters (according to isayama they were supposed to be one character but he decided to split them). He is the commander of SC right now which is a very important position. There'll be a big war soon again and jean is needed for that. And not to forget his relationship with eren and armin is also very important.

While connie has been used as comic relief alongside sasha, he had way more serious moments and plot relevance than her. Connie represents an everyday guy like us thrown in the snk world. He defended and comforted armin and helped armin/mikasa to reach supply tower in trost arc. He got way more focus during the clash arc than sasha (who got only one chapter). He is the only side character who left a mark in all the early antagonist characters like reiner (risked his life for him), bertolt (cried when connie confronted him),annie (risked her life to save him) and ymir (the only person she cared for after historia). And the most important: Zeke is still alive and is now on paradis side. Do you know who else other than levi has a beef with him? CONNIE. Zeke turned his family and the whole village into mindless titans and connie swore vengeance. So, we still need resolution to that plot point before isayama offs him. If you want a good analysis on connie's relevance,check out ladymoe's post on reddit. You'll see how wrong it is to put him in the comic relief category.
May 4, 2018 6:31 AM

Jun 2016
Prog_upworks13 said:
:(

great chapter overall

Hahahah that caption really suits the picture, good job.
May 4, 2018 6:40 AM

Mar 2014
Desireless said:
What a satisfying chapter. Zeke, as predicted, is a traitor.
Well, since they were able to accept him, I guess they should have zero problems with making Annie an ally as well. To me, Gabi is a much more likable version of Eren.

Oh good point about annie! Everyone was like "they wouldn't work with annie because she killed SC members! They can't trust her!" but they are now working with someone who is super shady and did far worse to SC than annie. I think isayama was building up her return through the flashbacks (which interestingly showed annie wasn't loyal to marley) and her father's recent appearance in the festival saying "annie isn't dead and that she'll come back" Either isayama wants to bring her back in the story OR is trolling and will give her "ymir treatment" which would be disappointing.
May 4, 2018 6:55 AM

Jul 2017
I already expected Sasha to be the next victim of Isayama but it was still sad. :(
I knew it! Zeke is an ally!

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

May 4, 2018 7:10 AM

Dec 2009
Ok, so I saw a news thread that a major character dies in 105, and I knew that it's either Jean, Connie or Sasha. It can't be eren or armin because you know why (titan). Can't be Mikasa because she's the deuteragonist. Can't be Levi 'cause it'll lose half of Aot fan base. Hanji is inside the blimp and never left it. So kinda expected it.

First of all, I would have been disappointed if no major character are killed in this war. Survey corps invading another country with no big casualties, like everything goes smooth would have been ridiculous. As everyone has said, Zeke joining the Walldians is really predictable. Everyone saw it coming like in the last five (ten??) chapters. So a major character death has to happen. It needs to happen. Somebody has to die for plot and shocking the readers reason since Zeke's betrayal has been easily predicted.

The tension between Eren and Armin though.

I laughed when Levi kicked Eren.
May 4, 2018 7:15 AM

Jan 2018
The first thing Levi do after seeing Eren is to kick him and Sasha died too and everyone is blaming Eren...
May 4, 2018 7:19 AM

Aug 2012
Chokko said:
Busujima_Saeko said:
this is BS.. isayama just kill one of the most funny and popular character in SNK.. seriously WTF are you doing isayama? why dont you just kill other fodder like jane or connie?

He had planned on killing her earlier, but he didn't do so because of angry fans. So even though she was one of my favorite characters, I'm glad he did what he wanted to.

What a chapter.
It wasn't the fanbase. It was his editor crying over it.
May 4, 2018 7:22 AM

Jan 2014
_Spectacled_ said:
Exactly.
Don't know how to feel about her death, tbh. Many readers predicted it and saw it coming from miles away, but it still felt kind of anticlimactic. Oh well, RIP potato girl.

yep her death was anticlimatic. Isayama probably never care about her.

sunako199 said:
mikasa was made to be eren's yandere sidekick i thought people already realized that long ago

doesnt change the fact that Mikasa is useless like Sasha was

sunako199 said:
+ sashas last word made sense (at least for me) it simply just defined who she was

I agree that these words defined her, but even that I still think that were disrespectful. In moment of death she should say something more serious. Isayama just truly doesnt care about her (unlike fans) but even that he could do something more for her in her last moments.

Taito10May 4, 2018 7:29 AM
May 4, 2018 7:22 AM

Aug 2015
Didn't see that coming... I expect some of them.. no, most of them will probably die.. but not this soon.. Gabi just pop up and kill Sasha like that?? That's it?? Though she is a bit annoying at first, I actually like her recently.. and Isayama-sensei killed her just like that.. T^T

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
May 4, 2018 7:30 AM

Jul 2016
I love how SnK feels more Seinen than Tokyo Ghoul righ now.

Great chapter, I couldn't believe Sasha was really dying, until Connie started crying T_T.
May 4, 2018 7:36 AM
Feb 2015
sasha is dead !

it is normal character

in fact i wish if she dead in the Ch36
May 4, 2018 8:04 AM

Apr 2017
Taito10 said:
_Spectacled_ said:
Exactly.
Don't know how to feel about her death, tbh. Many readers predicted it and saw it coming from miles away, but it still felt kind of anticlimactic. Oh well, RIP potato girl.

sunako199 said:
mikasa was made to be eren's yandere sidekick i thought people already realized that long ago

sunako199 said:
+ sashas last word made sense (at least for me) it simply just defined who she was

I agree that these words defined her, but even that I still think that were disrespectful. In moment of death she should say something more serious. Isayama just truly doesnt care about her (unlike fans) but even that he could do something more for her in her last moments.

i was just joking about mikasa.... she already fully fleshed out the first chapters and right now what theyre doing is nothing that you can directly compensate on her. example is the uprising arc, the arc doesnt even have to do with her, what do you want to see? her having the spotlight? its all about timing and not to talk about in each arc surely mikasa saves someone, shes not someone u call useless, seriously. and the story just got back to paradis after how many chapters in marley, we dont know what happened the past 4 years

regarding how isayama doesnt care on sasha, i truthfully agree. its obvious that hes itchy to kill her from the start. sadly its like he only created her to meme in the series

May 4, 2018 8:28 AM

Apr 2017
Jeager_ said:
Taito10 said:

Hey guys , you didn't get what Sasha meant by "Meat" here
She didn't say that because she was hungry on anything , she saw that every one was sad around her so she was joking by saying that to try to make them smile like she always did

Actually using the word "meat" is brilliant for a character like Sasha , because she was always funny and even when she was facing death before she was making funny comments so even when she is dying she still trying to make fun which made her death more sad
yep thats what im pointing on my previous quote! but not gonna change my decision with isayama not betting her

May 4, 2018 8:51 AM

Jan 2014
sunako199 said:
Taito10 said:

i was just joking about mikasa.... she already fully fleshed out the first chapters and right now what theyre doing is nothing that you can directly compensate on her. example is the uprising arc, the arc doesnt even have to do with her, what do you want to see? her having the spotlight? its all about timing and not to talk about in each arc surely mikasa saves someone, shes not someone u call useless, seriously. and the story just got back to paradis after how many chapters in marley, we dont know what happened the past 4 years

regarding how isayama doesnt care on sasha, i truthfully agree. its obvious that hes itchy to kill her from the start. sadly its like he only created her to meme in the series

Mikasa since Trost arc didnt do anything important for plot. Everyting what she is doing is just fighting titans, so she can be replace by Levi. If you cut Mikasa from manga since Trost arc then nothing will change in main plot.
May 4, 2018 8:51 AM

Jun 2016
Anyone have guess now who die next after Sasha death? Who is next to die after her? Will be Eren,Armin,Levi,Jean,Mikasa or Hanji? Even without being kill Eren and Armin are destined to die early though. I guess only Levi,Mikasa, and Hanji are consider the most safe due to their abilities and skills. Not sure about Jean and connie considering what happen to Sasha.

Its Ironic how SNK is shounen yet it way more darker than TG and way more seinen. Its quite weird how Eren and Survey corps accept alliance with Zeke so easily after Zeke basically make Grisha suffer(For Eren part),Kill tons of survey corps members,Killing Erwin and plus attempt to kill all of them. The big question is when did survey corps form alliance with Zeke and why?
PrideRoyalIvyMay 4, 2018 8:58 AM

May 4, 2018 10:10 AM

Apr 2016
I hope we get some sort of flashback in the next chapter.
May 4, 2018 10:34 AM

Nov 2016
Sashas death was a bit anticlimatic,but this is Shingeki no Kyojin,not everybody get's a glorious death.

That said,this chapter still hit me right in the kokoro ;_;..

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 4, 2018 11:05 AM

Jun 2016
Marney_ros said:
I'm sad for sasha, but there are things that be me sadder idk why..
Hange and Levi's disappointment in Eren, esp Hange and her words "you trusted us but we lost trust in you" it made me very very sad for some reason.. And the liking I developed for Eren in the last few chapters suddenly turned into sadness and disappointment.
The strategy was good and everything, but couldn't they make it together, rather than acting alone like that and forcing them into the situation?? It feels as he deems them unreliable, yet he depends on them. I don't understand.. Or did he think they won't let him use himself as a bait? Even though, it wasn't what I expected from this new clever and calm Eren.. It made feel as if the development of his character was an illusion, and he is just as he was before.
This war shouldn't be a one man's show.
Same man, i felt sad when Levi kicked Eren, Eren is my new favorite character, didn't want to see him being treated like that, but still, he deserved it.
May 4, 2018 11:51 AM

Jun 2016
Jeager_ said:

she was the one who defeated Reiner

She will have a big role in the upcoming events , the reason she's having a little role now because the focus was on other characters and nothing happened to change her.. but now after what Eren has done , I 'm sure she will have a development soon
Don't really bother yourself by talking to people like that, he is the kind of person that doesn't really pay attention to details, and then comes and says stupid things, like cutting Mikasa from the manga after Trost arc wouldn't change the plot, he is just implying that he is hating on her. You can hate on any character, but please stop saying stupid/unreasonable things to justify it.
May 4, 2018 11:51 AM

Jun 2011
Goddamn... Gabi is freaking insane, using maneuver gear to literally storm into the blimp, just to kill off Sasha, geez man.
May 4, 2018 12:21 PM

Dec 2012
WHAT!?

One of my favorite character has died!?
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Should the new "volume 35" art book with an extra chapter about Levi's backstory be considered part of this series or should it get its own entry on here?

ryan77999 - 5 hours ago

1 by nexuro01 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.