Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 13, 2018 3:01 PM
Jul 2016
Actar said:
This is what I've been waiting a decade for. Screw Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Cardcaptor Sakura and all the other nostalgia-bait franchises. This is it.

Dude, you don't just go compare Digimon Yu gi oh or CCS with FMP! like that. what the hell rly. Yu gi oh is pretty bad, digimon is ok, but worse than fmp!, they both are very childish, like CCs, but CCS, both old prequel and now the sequel are better than fmp, im pretty sure im not the only one on this. nevertheless, both digimon YGO and CCS are way more nostalgic than FMP, as i watched than when i was a child, like 8, and they have that shounen very childish vibe, which grants them way more nostalgia than fmp. they are pretty much one of the few most nostalgic anime ever. Know that i partially agree with you
Apr 13, 2018 3:29 PM

Jan 2015
It's been soooo long since I've watched anything FMP, and damned if I don't recall almost any of it... Between this and Steins;Gate coming back, I think SG was much more easy to get back into, with just a brief refresher. I only have vague memories of our two mains kinda/sorta flirting with the barest hint of an inkling of an idea of actually flirting with one another. And like, a submarine was in there somewhere, right? Man, I gotta go read a wiki.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Apr 13, 2018 3:33 PM

Sep 2013
Strange to start watching an anime that last aired in 2005 but continues as if nothing had ever happened... obviously that's the way to do it, but still, haha!

Enjoyed the first episode, this seems like a fun ride.
Apr 13, 2018 3:39 PM
Jul 2018
First of all it was really nice to see it definitely managed captured the feel of the FMP! show even coming decades ago. I was bit worried here. It was really nice to see main characters back and surprised to see here they didn't take time to introduce them abit for newcomers. I really loved the last conversation scene between Sagara and Chidori. But oddly the voices feel bit old and not like before :,(

and just wow, was hoping to see some lighthearted into episodes like s3 did but this started with just toooo dark episode :( I think it was pretty good episode especially the execution. The animation quality was very solid but somehow even though prefer the KyoAni version. Anyway, this is going to be another one heck of amazing season! that long waiting finally paid offffff!
Apr 13, 2018 4:00 PM

Oct 2007
I thought it was a good first episode. Full use of the time (no OP/ED visuals). Jumps right into it.

I disagree with the need for a recap. Hero Academia had the longest recap and I thought it was unnecessary. Food Wars went with the recap of the cliffhanger and went straight into story mode. Steins;Gate had flash backs through out its first Ep (which was decent).

Overall, Hero Academia felt the most out of place. Not watching any of the other big squeals, so can't commit on them.

Anywho, it was a good episode. Spring 2018 off to a great start!
Apr 13, 2018 4:02 PM

Mar 2013
Why is it that whenever an older series gets a new season after a long time, it comes with a revelation that it's just not as good when it's not dubbed? Either that or the actors are all way older now and just can't do a good job anymore. I had no idea all the girls in this show sounded so... grating in Japanese. Kyoko alone makes me wish I was born without ears. She sounds like one of those whiny imouto types. Teletha sounds absolutely terrible too.
straggyApr 13, 2018 4:14 PM
Apr 13, 2018 4:46 PM

Nov 2012
So excited to see this series come back after such a long time, I'm happy that they've continued the story and kept the art style of the old one.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Apr 13, 2018 4:51 PM
Jun 2015
Ocura said:

- This is only a SMALL minus, but I'm going in with lots of details:
Don't get me wrong, graphics and art look really good, especially the close-ups are similar to KyoAni's, but still, even after 13 years and with the current budget, as a whole it doesn't quite reach.
CGI on Armslaves looked good, backgrounds were really pretty, even more awesome than before, but there is much less movement when it comes to characters. They don't look that polished either (not that much shadows, details and colors compared to TSR, reminds me of Fumoffu and the 1st season).

Actually, watching a few TSR episodes again and seeing the first episode of third time after that, I change my opinion a bit: Even though TSR looks fantastic, it wasn't that much compared to IV. FMP! IV looks GREAT! Really excited to see other episodes.
Apr 13, 2018 5:06 PM

Jun 2017
Daaamn, time sure flies, I remember when the first season aired as a kid!

Pretty insane what they pulled off after so long, everything is just the way I remember it. Music? Nailed. Voices? Nailed. Animation and Art? Nailed. They also went into straight the serious stuff this time.
Apr 13, 2018 5:15 PM
Sep 2009
Wait, did they just drop the entire cruise ship hijack arc like it never happened? It was like, the last relatively lighthearted part of FMP, really now?

Also, no way in hell will they be able to stuff everything in 12 eps. Even 24 is unlikely, there's a lot of text there. And I'd hate to see them disappear for another 13 years on a let's say, Burning One Man Force cliffhanger.
Apr 13, 2018 5:17 PM
Jul 2014
@Xenobius

I hear that they're also dropping the arena/lemon arc where Souske spends his time fighting in the arena after

Apr 13, 2018 5:22 PM
Sep 2009
firemagnet said:
@Xenobius

I hear that they're also dropping the arena/lemon arc where Souske spends his time fighting in the arena after

Well, no arena is both good and bad, tbh. Bad, cause dropping such huge chunks of plot is never good. Good, because, well, I always thought that they went a bit overboard with
Apr 13, 2018 5:26 PM

Sep 2016
Xenobius said:
Wait, did they just drop the entire cruise ship hijack arc like it never happened? It was like, the last relatively lighthearted part of FMP, really now?

Also, no way in hell will they be able to stuff everything in 12 eps. Even 24 is unlikely, there's a lot of text there. And I'd hate to see them disappear for another 13 years on a let's say, Burning One Man Force cliffhanger.
Yeah i heard they skipped volume 6 because that was adapted in to a CD audio drama in 2016, they are going straight in to action starting with volume 7
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Apr 13, 2018 5:32 PM

Sep 2016
This is was an amazing start, maybe best first episode of spring 2018.
Xebec is bringing their A game for this, looking at the staff list on reddit its jampacked with talented animators and episode directors. Here it is

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/87crsg/spoilersrewatch_full_metal_panic_series_discussion/dwbv6du/

The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Apr 13, 2018 5:42 PM

Jan 2008
It's been too long....glad this show is finally back!

I've forgotten how much I've missed seeing Sagara x student council president moments where he treats him like a prime minister. I honestly hope he does go into politics and becomes a big shot, so Sagara can once again call him "his excellency"

Looks like this is going to overlap a bit with the previous season, seeing as how they're showing the Arbalest again.
Apr 13, 2018 6:04 PM

Jan 2011
Well fucking done xebec. I went into this a little nervous bc of the studio change. While, on the whole, I trust xebec with mecha they didn't drop a beat. Kept the exact same flavor of FMP as I remember even down to the KyoAni's art and animation. I was not dissapointed. The bigger question is watch it weekly or wait and binge this.

I'm glad I decided to rewatch all three seasons a few months ago in preparation for this because I feel a very easy transition. So very happy.
IZEROIIApr 13, 2018 6:07 PM
Apr 13, 2018 6:20 PM

Feb 2008
According to my MAL stats, I finished The Second Raid on September 7 2008.

Been a while.

I'm surprised I was still able to feel any sort of connection to the main characters without rewatching anything. I'm also not sure why I gave the original FMP such a mediocre score when it has a lot of things (military, mecha, mature protagonist) I find appealing. Either way, this episode was a good return to the series, so I shall be looking forward to more.
Apr 13, 2018 6:32 PM

Jan 2012
I wish there was an ova recap. Don't remember FMP's story at all
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Apr 13, 2018 8:14 PM
Feb 2018
So damn long, l was expecting a movie but this is bettwr. I misswd these two so much!

Now I got to see them holding hands is so cute!
Apr 13, 2018 8:17 PM

Aug 2014
It's finally here. And they fucking held hands. It's no haircut though. A lot of abrupt cuts, otherwise fine start. Xebec did good.

But,
straggy said:
Why is it that whenever an older series gets a new season after a long time, it comes with a revelation that it's just not as good when it's not dubbed? Either that or the actors are all way older now and just can't do a good job anymore. I had no idea all the girls in this show sounded so... grating in Japanese. Kyoko alone makes me wish I was born without ears. She sounds like one of those whiny imouto types. Teletha sounds absolutely terrible too.

Yeah, I need the dub.
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 13, 2018 8:39 PM

Jan 2018
What can I say about this episode just brilliant.It's really good to see Souske again in action.Well, this episode has a lot of seriousness.

I'll just miss one thing in this anime and it's comedy.
Apr 13, 2018 8:41 PM

Apr 2016
Whew! First episode and it already dig into the serious stuff. I like it!

I have to say that Xebec did a great job with the animation, considering that I watched Clockwork Planet and that anime's animation was UGH. It was neat though the CG was slightly noticeable but not bad that it was unpleasant to see. Character designs almost looked the same as KyoAni's version. I hope they continue to be consistent with this kind of animation.

Looking forward to the next episode!
Apr 13, 2018 9:15 PM
Aug 2010
nekkoMaster said:

In the end of episode , was sagara about to ask chidori for marriage ??

I would honestly go more along the lines of "let's run away, the two of us...".

He did just state about not really being able to rely on Mithril due to the war (and I'm going to hazard a guess that he doesn't particularly want to involve her in such escalated atrocities), I think marriage is a bit far too forward of a proposal (and totally unnecessary), especially for Sousuke.
Saying that, I was sure taken by him asking to hold her hand!

My single only qualm was the enemy AS was it was walking to load up, it looked a little goofy with the CGI movements, otherwise everything looked fantastic, it's like others have said, doesn't seem like it's been as long as it has. So hyped for this!

Just bashed FMP, TSR and Fumoffu again recently, always a good idea. :D
Dem feels!
Apr 13, 2018 9:24 PM

Mar 2010
Imaishi said:
LF2005 said:
great great great, that's how you do it not like the DxD Hero disaster

DxD Hero so far seems million times better than the clusterfuck that was BorN. It had a great '0th' episode. I really don't see how one can dislike it if they love the series. And it's exactly in the style of previous seasons, unlike this which is jumping from lighthearted, lovable show to a completely different darker mood, and boring serious war plot instead of it's unique take on the genre. So far I'm worried, thought it might get good. It definitely does look really nice though, despite keeping the quite aged artstyle.

are you serious ? with the cartonization of the characters & the ridiculous plot change it sure doesn't feel like the same anime.
here it is basically the same characters with a little tone down colors, this show has always bean lighthearted for instances & rough & dark for others, not change there. the only exception was fumoffu that is located in the time of pease they had between the almost destruction of their base to its repair.
Apr 13, 2018 9:28 PM

Nov 2012
XEBEC knocked this shit out of the park. Hot damn. Often times whenever a show kicks off a new season it will repeat unnecessary story beats from past seasons. What's refreshing about this is that it just jumps right into it with no bullshit and goes boldly in its own direction. Chidori and Sousuke's walk home was charming and demonstrates finally how much their relationship has grown. Leonard's introduction was on-point and establishes him as an intimidating antagonist. The tension buildup is well-executed.

But most importantly, thank fucking god that they didn't do that low framerate hot garbage that every other anime gets wrong about CG. I'm a hand-drawn die-hard myself, and I wish they kept with the same aesthetic from previous seasons, but look people, if we're going to go with forced CG, this so far handles it about the best we could hope for. I have no idea what anyone is talking about regarding how supposedly bad it looks. I can only conclude that you haven't seen as many atrocious Berserk-level abominations as I have to fully appreciate what this show does for CG. I am usually the last person to be a CG apologist, and it's still no substitute for hand-drawn, but I can at least look at it without cringing until my jaw snaps, and it blends in well enough.

Bravo XEBEC.

Also, regarding tone - did people forget what the first episode of TSR was like? That was pretty much 98% serious business just like this one. We've got the whole season ahead of us folks. I wouldn't be too worried about a lack of comedy.
OmegaSietsApr 13, 2018 9:35 PM
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Apr 13, 2018 9:40 PM
Jun 2011
For everyone who's surprised by the lack of recap, it's because in Japan they re-aired Fumoffu and TSR, and also released those recap movies of the first season.

Xenobius said:

Yeah, they're skipping DVMC, probably because it's more light-hearted, and the story from here on out is going to be a lot more serious. They didn't want to give people the wrong impression by starting with comedy hijinks and then jumping into the more serious stuff. I personally still hope we'll get it as a movie, but for now the audio drama is all.

firemagnet said:

I hear that they're also dropping the arena/lemon arc...

They've announced that this season is covering books 7-9, and that episode 5 should be starting on BOMF (or the arena arc, as you put it).
Apr 13, 2018 9:51 PM

Sep 2015
They really tried their damndest to replicate Kyoto Animation's detail and art style. Fortunately, much of it is absolutely beautiful, especially the character animation cuts, though I'm a little divided by the CGI. I guess not everything can be perfect, but at least it's integrated in some neat ways.

Damn the plot went quickly this episode, and so was a lot of the editing. Not sure if this is going to be a running thing with this new adaptation (just to clarify, I don't have a problem with the quick editing, it's just that I prefer Kyoto's more detailed and meticulous/ slow animation style).

Also, they really lowered the intensity of Chidori's Tsun. I really appreciate the mature take the animators are taking with her character by not lashing out every 5 minutes, especially when you consider all the epic character development she went through in Second Raid. That said, I actually kind of hope we can see Chidori go full Tsun again, just because it doesn't really feel right without at least some of it.

Sagara is getting a lot of development following Second Raid, this time focusing on how he expresses emotions and how he's living his life. Nothing too spectacular, but it does work in service of the narrative, it seems. It doesn't surprise me that Sagara killed a lot of people before FMP started, but I am kind of surprised they brought it up now, though it doesn't seem to be heading in the typical direction anime usually takes, so that is good. I expect Chidori to also have figured out this beforehand, and she's already too close with Sagara to really use that as a reason to break up.

We also get some clarification on the Whispered power (a much-needed refresher because I don't remember ever knowing what that was an out really). Seems like Chidori is a math and science nerd, and I'm right with her.

All in all, FULL METAL PANIC IS BACK OH MY GOD!!!

Can't believe it's been 13 fucking years, I haven't been around in the community for nearly that long, but this really shows how much the anime industry has been changing recently.

Maybe Kadokawa can also give us sequels to stuff that haven't been on Hiatus for over a decade too... Like Haruhi. WE NEED OUR LORD AND SAVIOR HARUHI. You hear me, Kadokawa? This better be the only time! Go over to Kyoto Animation, fuck her and birth us a Season 3 of Haruhi ASAP, please.

4.5/5 will hold hands again.
Draconix814Apr 13, 2018 9:56 PM
Apr 13, 2018 10:03 PM
Jul 2014
To an extent, I agree with @moozooh, but only to the extent to which the episode was average. Given that it's been 14 years, some of the voicework did feel off. No doubt they used some different VAs, though frankly I'm used to hearing the US dub, whose voicework was absolutely fantastic and remains for me the gold standard of english dubbing alongside Full Metal Alchemist, Evangelion, and Trigun.

I think that the problem overall was that they were trying to stuff too much into one episode; there are so many plotlines to cover and it's been so long that we aren't really given time to be reintroduced to the characters once again; and there's quite a bit to cover, too; with respect to the manga version, Full Metal Panic Sigma, this first episode ends right at chapter 19; including the arena arcs, at least one flashback episode, and a full set of upgrades for arbalest before the final confrontations. All in all, it's a full 65 chapters worth of material, at 25 pages per chapter. There's no way in hell they'll be able to fit it all in, meaning that we're likely looking at a second season if this one does well.

That being said, with respect to the plot, things get messy fast; civilians get killed and swept up in the violence in first world countries, and absolutely everyone has to make sacrifices or get their hands dirty.
things go very badly for almost everyone involved.
Apr 13, 2018 10:14 PM

Oct 2008
Regarding the voices, the actors are over a decade older and their voices are obviously not going to be exactly the same. Sagara's voice, in particular, is a little deeper and more mellow than what it was, but I'm perfectly fine with that. Chidori and Tessa are still amazing, though.

Of course, if you're going to watch the entire show dubbed and then suddenly watch the Japanese version, there is going to be some dissonance. It's an unfair comparison to make and if you can't handle it, wait for the dub. Personally, having grown up with the original Japanese voice cast, I can't imagine these characters being voiced by anyone else.

moozooh said:
Actar said:
Perfect pacing. Perfect tone. Perfect voices. Perfect animation.

Either we have really accepted mediocrity as the new gold standard, or you and I haven't been watching the same episode.

Your entire comment is so fallacious and reeks so much of condescension and self-importance, I don't even want to bother to respond to it in earnest. Your way isn't the only way. Get your head out of your ass and stop your narrow-minded navel-gazing and proselytizing, thank you very much. I decide for myself what's good and what's not.
ActarApr 13, 2018 10:23 PM
Apr 13, 2018 10:20 PM
Nov 2012
Very definite tone. I wish there was enough time to do the ship hijacking arc and get a little lightness back into the series. That all said I am excited to see a roller coaster of plot- maybe a pinch too abridged. Never heard of this studio but they've done an admirable job so far. Man more I remember the more I'm sad (though I understand) what they're cutting. God Ok the speed of plot is a little ridiculous but acceptable given how much they need to cover.

Man already holding hands. We're just up and continuing from where we left off right.

I don't know what to think about the animation. It is good. It's tight and modern. But it's just disturbingly CG at times too. Something about hte eyes is just cold. All things considered though worth it to have more FMP and it is not like they did a poor job.
TienzApr 13, 2018 10:29 PM
Apr 13, 2018 11:03 PM
Jan 2016
Very good start. Hope they keep it up.
Apr 13, 2018 11:36 PM

Jul 2016
PolarCyrus97 said:
This is was an amazing start, maybe best first episode of spring 2018.
Xebec is bringing their A game for this, looking at the staff list on reddit its jampacked with talented animators and episode directors. Here it is

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/87crsg/spoilersrewatch_full_metal_panic_series_discussion/dwbv6du/

I agree so much, that episode was really exciting.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Apr 14, 2018 12:19 AM

Oct 2008
Actar said:

moozooh said:

Either we have really accepted mediocrity as the new gold standard, or you and I haven't been watching the same episode.

Your entire comment is so fallacious and reeks so much of condescension and self-importance, I don't even want to bother to respond to it in earnest. Your way isn't the only way. Get your head out of your ass and stop your narrow-minded navel-gazing and proselytizing, thank you very much. I decide for myself what's good and what's not.

quite an over-the-top response.

i wouldn't go so far as to call this ep mediocre but it's certainly not perfect. it's perfectly serviceable but from a technical standpoint it doesn't do much to get excited about. props to xebec and the staff working on this for not fucking it up though and providing a decent enough vehicle to (hopefully) complete the FMP story.
Apr 14, 2018 12:30 AM

May 2015
Hehe, nice to see these characters again in "HD". I'm pretty impressed with the animation, but I did find the voice acting a little janky, but I guess that comes with age. Also, that quick spin around in Chidori's apartment after Leonard left was surprisingly smooth. Good job Xebec.

Teletha still twirling her hair. How cute.

Looks like we're skipping the silly stuff and going full speed ahead with the story. With this new animation, I'm eager to see how the next episode plays out.
Apr 14, 2018 1:14 AM

Oct 2008
Damn it! I knew this would be good! and Damn I regret not watching the Full Metal Panic! series! (just like the regret not also watching Steins;Gate series when the 0 comes out this spring season as well)
5/5.
matias067Apr 14, 2018 1:18 AM

Apr 14, 2018 3:03 AM

Nov 2007
OmegaSiets said:
XEBEC knocked this shit out of the park. Hot damn. Often times whenever a show kicks off a new season it will repeat unnecessary story beats from past seasons. What's refreshing about this is that it just jumps right into it with no bullshit and goes boldly in its own direction. Chidori and Sousuke's walk home was charming and demonstrates finally how much their relationship has grown. Leonard's introduction was on-point and establishes him as an intimidating antagonist. The tension buildup is well-executed.

But most importantly, thank fucking god that they didn't do that low framerate hot garbage that every other anime gets wrong about CG. I'm a hand-drawn die-hard myself, and I wish they kept with the same aesthetic from previous seasons, but look people, if we're going to go with forced CG, this so far handles it about the best we could hope for. I have no idea what anyone is talking about regarding how supposedly bad it looks. I can only conclude that you haven't seen as many atrocious Berserk-level abominations as I have to fully appreciate what this show does for CG. I am usually the last person to be a CG apologist, and it's still no substitute for hand-drawn, but I can at least look at it without cringing until my jaw snaps, and it blends in well enough.

Bravo XEBEC.

Also, regarding tone - did people forget what the first episode of TSR was like? That was pretty much 98% serious business just like this one. We've got the whole season ahead of us folks. I wouldn't be too worried about a lack of comedy.

Exactly what I feel. It's so damn great that they went straight to continuing TSR's story!!! Its so awesome!!!

At first, I was doubtful since the studio went from KyoAni to Xebec but there wasn't much of a change given the first episode. Demmmm! It's really so nice to see this anime again. Im literally crying tears of joy. No joke! I can't contain my happiness. >.<

Looking forward to the next 11 weeks! I really wish though that they will make another season right after. hahaha!
Apr 14, 2018 4:03 AM

Apr 2015
Considering this does have an 8:30PM timeslot on a Friday night, which would be probably the most expensive timeslot you could ever get, it would be safe to say it has a pretty big budget. Also considering the talented staff working on it. To get that many is insane!

The CG is solid. The mech look fantastic. If they keep up with how fluid their animation is, then there's no problem with the shift from 2D mecha. In fact, CG will bring an advantage here for more camera-shot intensive action scenes, especially car chases.

The music as well is outstanding. It's something I'd expect from a Hollywood production with such a large voicing. Like seriously, such a large group of bassoons, and strings in that song from about 6:10. How big is this whole orchestra?

Apr 14, 2018 4:11 AM

Dec 2007
It's funny that people say the voicework is off, as I've finished rewatching all three series two days before this was released, and noticed nothing of the sort.

To me, it was the animation that was kind of weird at places, Chidori's face for example was more round than in previous series, but whatever. As long as they don't screw up the characters or the script, it's not enough of a difference to screw up the experience.

Chidori and Sousuke are back. That is all that matters right now.

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Apr 14, 2018 4:20 AM

Sep 2015
Well i don't remember it was this intense on last season's last ep.

Is there no OP and ED for this? WTF?
Into the Internet!
Apr 14, 2018 4:48 AM

May 2016
Sousuke is back..Full Metal Panic is back !!! I'm so happy T^T

Seki Tomokazu's voice, the voice actor of Sousuke has slightly changed ..become more deeper.. but it was fine since Seki is My n.1 favorite voice actor in anime world ^3^

Loved the animation and characters designs.. it has been 13 years so it's worth the waiting ^^

5/5

Can't wait for ep 2 already XD
hana_sanApr 14, 2018 4:51 AM
Apr 14, 2018 5:48 AM

Nov 2011
Wow! Finally it started! I am so happy that I feel like crying, if I think that to see a sequel to FMP TSR it took us thirteen years, what a happiness! I thought that after so many years they would have made a summary, for those who do not remember the past events, instead they left very quickly to expose the story immediately, what a surprise! Narration very interesting and serious tone, I can not wait to watch the next episode. The graphic quality is excellent, as well as the CG, I am very happy.
Apr 14, 2018 7:04 AM

Apr 2011
Great first episode, fantastic even.
Leonard is a slimy worm, such repulsive creepy ass behaviour. Ew.

Sousuke is brilliant, Kaname is bright and fiesty, this is shaping up to be so so close to the vibe I felt when I was reading the manga. I know they're gonna cut out a lot to make it into 12 episodes, but I'm hopeful.

Kaname telling Leonard to gtfo was great, and she didn't act startled because of what she heard about Sousuke killing people, it was because she feels guilty (she shouldn't tho) about Leonard forcing himself on her on TSR.

Also, major props to Sousuke for noticing something is bothering her, and for suggesting that they hold hands, twice!
The poor boy is trying to work up the nerve to ask her to run away with him too. :')
Wahhh, I missed this series.
AngelicTotoroApr 14, 2018 7:08 AM
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Apr 14, 2018 7:39 AM
Jun 2011
ZBlastHistory said:
Well i don't remember it was this intense on last season's last ep.

Is there no OP and ED for this? WTF?

They just skipped the OP and ED this episode because they had a lot of ground to cover. Full version of the opening song here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dodd2HP6Gs
Don't think we've gotten to hear the ED just yet, but it's been announced that it's by Yamada Tamaru (and apparently there will be a 2nd one by Minori Chihara).
Apr 14, 2018 8:05 AM

Feb 2016
Full Metal Panicko! Now it is how to make a sequel starter, (damn, they waited this long?)
I am glad the same seiyuus are back. Our characters are modest as usual until hell is broken up.
Apr 14, 2018 8:42 AM

Jan 2011
its been only 9 months since Sousuke transfer, but i have gotten old haha

feels like a fast paced and intense episode, worth the wait
Apr 14, 2018 9:05 AM

Sep 2007
Its been more than 10 years and yet everything comes back so clearly. Dreams do come true after all... after all those years of joke anime lists with FMP on it and here i am watching a new episode. Good things are worth waiting for.
Apr 14, 2018 10:50 AM

Aug 2013
never mind, decide to watch everything in the end :9
RemnantMemoryApr 14, 2018 10:56 AM
Apr 14, 2018 12:56 PM

Oct 2013
Honestly I found the episode quite boring and the characters not as endearing as back in the day, when I first watched the series. The presentation feels a bit soulless to me too. The designs were spot on though, the CG robots not so much.
BrobotApr 15, 2018 3:16 AM
Apr 14, 2018 2:02 PM
Jul 2011
@moozooh, I think you are pretty right about the episode, but:
If you want to see a well designed and animated (especially with regard to subtle details), actually perfectly paced first episode of an anime airing this season, try Megalo Box.

Nope, I don't like sports anime (Aren't those governed by some ridiculous cliches, tropes and melodramatic twists?)...prefer half backed mecha like FMP 4.

It almost feels like if it isn't Bones, Madhouse, Wit, Shaft, or KyoAni doing the adaptation, you might as well consider it a failure

Almost believed you but you mentioned Wit...they make pretty famous animes but I think their work is garbage with exception from those projects backed up by Production IG.
Also lately Shaft messes up pretty frequently.
Apr 14, 2018 4:30 PM
Jan 2015
Oh my God! After 16 years he finally holded her hand! Man, I'm growing old...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pick the best girl!

bisikerim - May 27, 2018

8 by EvilGrin »»
Mar 11, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

allenjke - Aug 8, 2018

72 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Feb 17, 7:54 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory Episode 8 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

35 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Feb 16, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory Episode 11 Discussion

10 by Comander-07 »»
Jan 8, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory Episode 10 Discussion

12 by Comander-07 »»
Jan 8, 7:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.