Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Real Girl
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 8, 2018 11:58 AM
Aug 2016
kaaamos said:
afaptoremember said:
this was kinda boring but damn, a lot of you are hilarious. a girl may potentially sleep around and she immediately gets the slut shame.

obv if she is two timing ppl then that is horrible but dang, i need more anime with sexually proud girls in my life.

Whats the difference between "sexually proud" (lol) and slut?

None, that's what, just someone trying to make some sort of Slut acceptance case, in any case she doesn't have sex anyways so she isn't a slut.
Apr 8, 2018 11:59 AM
Aug 2016
@wew23
You need to either remove your comment, or put that under a Spoiler tag because you just spoiled the biggest thing there is to spoil you fucking nincompoop.
Byran47Apr 8, 2018 3:08 PM
Apr 8, 2018 2:46 PM

Dec 2016
Byran47 said:

You need to either remove your comment, or put that under a Spoiler tag because you just spoiled the biggest thing there is to spoil you fucking nincompoop.

Alas, his comment is so badly written it's hard to make anything out of it anyway xD

And you should remove the quote from your post, since you're doing as much casualty as he is atm.
Apr 8, 2018 5:33 PM
Apr 2018
readher said:
Byran47 said:

Alas, his comment is so badly written it's hard to make anything out of it anyway xD

And you should remove the quote from your post, since you're doing as much casualty as he is atm.

yes you're right miss grammar nazi :)
Apr 8, 2018 5:34 PM
Apr 2018
Byran47 said:
@wew23

okay mr genious :)
Apr 8, 2018 7:21 PM
Jul 2015
Pleasantly surprised to be honest. They get into a relationship in the first episode. That's very rare in anime (unless it's not in shoujo, I'm not familiar with shoujo anime)
Apr 9, 2018 2:25 PM
Aug 2016
wew23 said:
Byran47 said:
@wew23

okay mr genious :)

....its genius. And you are welcome.
Apr 9, 2018 4:06 PM
Jul 2018
White knighting the animation.

Jokes aside while they could have separate this into two episodes to better flesh out the internal character struggles without feeling like it was much of the same thing, this wasnt bad at all. Pretty good so far actually and a nice start with that bombshell at the end lol
Apr 9, 2018 4:58 PM

Jun 2013
that was okay i guess
Apr 9, 2018 9:18 PM

Dec 2015
What an absolute cringe-fest. The girl is a total thot and the MC is a top tier beta male. The cliches and tropes being thrown left and right made this even worse. Zero enjoyment; 1000% cringe. The decent art is the only thing keeping it from being 1/10. Still dropped though.
Apr 11, 2018 2:41 PM

Mar 2012
kaaamos said:
afaptoremember said:
this was kinda boring but damn, a lot of you are hilarious. a girl may potentially sleep around and she immediately gets the slut shame.

obv if she is two timing ppl then that is horrible but dang, i need more anime with sexually proud girls in my life.

Whats the difference between "sexually proud" (lol) and slut?

slut is the word you use for bold girls who are not ashamed of their sexuality and who probably intimidate you with their behaviour. for all I've read here she doesn't even sleep with the guys she's gone out and how can a person say she's been leading guys on if everyone's saying she just drops them after she finds out they are only after sex and her looks?
i don't particularly agree with that line of thought, though, i don't think one should be going out with another person just because "this person might care about me". that's a bit narcissistic in my opinion but that's a whole other problem.

i actually like iroha. her i don't give a fuck for others' opinions is a refreshing thing for anime. specially this being shoujo and her not being an antagonist. i actually went into this without reading anything about it and thought this was going to be some ecchi shit where the self-insert-MC would get a hot girlfriend out of nowhere despite not having anything likeable about him, and at least for now, that doesn't seem to be the case.
i've got my problems with hikari's personality, but out of all the shoujo i've read and watched over the years, he seems okay, if not only a bit meh.

i'm gonna give this a try. the pacing is too fast but it's refreshing to see a romance anime that gets into it right from the start instead of going through a lot of drama before we get an only kiss at the last episode. and if we think about it, it's a high school relationship and things do move fast when we are that age. the only thing that left me feeling a bit awkward about it was how we don't really understand why they started caring for each other so suddenly, but they still have time to rectify it anyway.
i just hope she doesn't turn out to become the perfect submissive girl with no will or personality we are used to see in anime. that would really be a shame.
fukumenkeiOct 31, 2023 1:59 AM
Apr 12, 2018 7:45 PM

Mar 2015
They are kinda acting like actual people, imagine that. Looks good so far.
The sword that takes life gives life
Apr 13, 2018 2:19 AM

Oct 2011
decent first episode, but the pacing was WAY too fast, like 3 volumes of the manga were packed in to 20 minutes (felt like their were missing chunks of video in strange places). still, i like the art and it was a fun watch - it has a wonderful laid back, lite humor vibe - hopefully the rest won't be as rushed.
Apr 15, 2018 6:11 PM
Nov 2012
I'm biased because I can't get over how many similarities this guy had to my own life. My first real relationship was with a really hot girl that my friends assumed was a slut and my friend tried really hard to hit on her the night I met her but it looked like she wasn't interested , and somehow we ended up going out. We even shared a bed the next day JUST LIKE THE MC. We didn't sleep together because I didn't want to push my luck.(It would have been my first time)
Anyway a week later I found out she'd be moving several states away. My heart dropped so far but in the end it was worth it.

I like the the anime, can't wait for more.
Apr 15, 2018 10:05 PM

Mar 2017
the part he said "we're are used to being called "cross" killed me LMAO!
Apr 16, 2018 4:11 AM
Nov 2015
she'll die right? FeelsBadMan
Apr 16, 2018 5:40 AM

Jul 2014
Felt like things moved on really quickly. The characters are really one-dimensional and I don't see myself anticipating anything from this at all.
Apr 16, 2018 1:53 PM

Feb 2017
All those kisses and new relationships happened pretty fast. But I like it way more than all of those '"Does he love me or not? How should I confess?" episode 209876, season 996' (which I also like, to be honest. But this one is better). It's kinda sad that Iroha's going to move. They don't have much time, but they already make a cute couple.
Apr 18, 2018 3:36 AM

Mar 2017
I read the few chapters of 3D Kanojo (manga) before. The art style was really cute that's why seeing the first episode of the anime adaptation made me confused because it seemed really different.
I'm not complaining though, I still think that this will be really fun to watch.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Apr 18, 2018 2:26 PM
Mar 2018
Es muy gracioso,es el primer cap y ya me enamore de Iroha. Me agrada el prota, jajaja, sale con unas cosas. Tengo el presentimiento de que ambos cambiaran sus vidas. Le veo potencial a esta serie. Seguire viendo para ver como se desarrolla la historia de esos dos (Tsutsui e Iroha).
Apr 18, 2018 10:29 PM

Jan 2018
Talk about getting fast-paced and wasting no time. Now I'm expecting to see more kissing scenes to this show. This first episode is quite fun to watch. Not bad, tho.
Apr 19, 2018 10:47 PM

Apr 2015
Hmmm, rather interesting, but I'll probably better enjoy this in manga form. I'll try that instead
May 12, 2018 2:23 PM

Jul 2009
Nice OP.
It's rare to see a kiss so soon...usually it takes longer.
May 14, 2018 12:33 AM

Apr 2014
i loved the manga but really cant say the same about the anime and the main thing i hate about the anime is the way it looks and feels ..

the art style the manga had was one of the reason why i loved the series

so cant even bring myself to watch the anime as it looks terrible and feels completely different from what the manga gave (which was amazing)

but will say that seeing this series get an anime was a huge surprise as when the manga ended i really though that would be it but then this happened but if only it was handled better

but this series is a nice one imo, though the ending could have been better... as for the anime will be skipping it
DazeFireMay 14, 2018 12:38 AM
"one step at a time"
May 18, 2018 7:52 AM

Apr 2013
I really don't remember the manga being this "shoujo-y". The direction it's being taken in feels very cut and paste
What are you looking here for
May 20, 2018 2:51 PM

Aug 2012
The animation is a little weird, but i guess it's just because i'm used to the manga style. This story is pretty meh, i mean, it's not the best, not the worst... Let's see how it goes.
Aug 8, 2018 7:28 PM

May 2012
Well that certainly was quite the first episode, not really sure what will actually be going down here with a limited time frame but well to have a setting of otaku love is always interesting in a school related setting. Well let's see what this series has to offer.
Aug 16, 2018 2:00 AM

Nov 2014
since there are a lot of romance or romcom series in this spring, and i am big fan of the genre this one is one of my watchlist too, i already read few chapters from manga before and so far i really loved it, so i am really glad when the adaptation comes off,

for the 1st episode itself personally i think i am satisfied with it althought it seems to be rushed a little bit, i hope they will keep the good pace within next few episodes, and i believe 12 episode's will not cover all of the manga, so i hope it ended in good moments from manga.
Nov 1, 2018 4:27 AM

Jul 2011
Okay. 3D Kanojo Girl's English Dub Episode 1 is up on Hidive. It was good, I like it. I just feel bad about the ending of that episode. Haha. Why does she have to drop the bomb too early? I wonder.
Nov 11, 2018 9:58 AM

Aug 2017
The first episode sucks lmao.

Iroha is very annoying.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 21, 2018 1:05 AM
Nov 2018
begija said:
It was an ok episode I guess. It's rare that we get a couple right in the first episode. Lets see where this will go. And hope it's full adaptation, despite how is the manga itself.
you should watch wotakoi. It's pretty amazing! It deals with an actual adult otaku couple.. and it is genuinely funny!
Nov 21, 2018 1:19 AM

Jan 2015
Jo4jovin said:
begija said:
It was an ok episode I guess. It's rare that we get a couple right in the first episode. Lets see where this will go. And hope it's full adaptation, despite how is the manga itself.
you should watch wotakoi. It's pretty amazing! It deals with an actual adult otaku couple.. and it is genuinely funny!
Jo4jovin said:
begija said:

I watched it when it aired
Feb 19, 2019 12:23 AM
Jul 2017
I saw it and it's about an awkward teen who somehow manages to fall in love with Iroha Igarashi, the most beautiful girl in school. And I like Iroha. She has a soul. But Tsutsui is just insecure with himself.
Mar 26, 2019 6:53 PM

Jan 2011
Well the romance between the two MC certainly started off with a bang and I really like Iroha and her assertiveness. Having taken a long break from anime, I can marathon both seasons of this over the next couple of days and I fully intend to after episode one.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 4, 2019 10:16 PM

Aug 2017
Unrealistic but the girl is a beautiful babe. He should just impregnate her already while he has a chance. What a dweeby guy, let's see if he redeems himself at all. Typical anime otaku. I don't know how this can end well.

At least the guy manned up and asked her out at the end, props for that.

Decent ED too.
Apr 24, 2020 8:09 AM

Sep 2019
That kiss in the locker was cringey. And now that i think about it, it was even more cringier. With the whole coronavirus thing right now... can't say that's a good thing to do.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Aug 8, 2020 8:22 PM
Apr 2020
The scene where she was in the hallways bugged tf outta me. Why'd she just casually let him kiss her there was no explanation why it happened, then right after a dude comes out and claims she's his girlfriend and slaps her in anger gotta be a reason why he thought she was his girl. I thought she wasn't like how the rumors described her as, a girl that's easy to get. so was she a slut of some sort before our mc?
Aug 14, 2020 3:53 AM

Aug 2018
second time trying to watch it i like the first episode i wonder why i stop
Feb 25, 2021 9:16 AM

Mar 2013
This has been on my to watch list for some time now, idk why but whenever I thought of it I kept confusing it with another Series I have a bad Image of.
Glad I picked it up, it's very cute - reminds me of wotakoi a little bit. I like how blunt Igarashi is.

I wonder if it will get cleared up with the 2 guys who were fighting over her - it didn't look like she was actually okay with what they were doing/kisser her but more went along with it for whatever reason?

Her leaving after 6 Months is already quite a bummer from now on. I wonder how it will continue.

sirenixFeb 25, 2021 9:19 AM
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Mar 29, 2021 6:30 PM

Oct 2018
I really liked it, it wasn’t afraid to swing for the fences the way they come together felt organic enough and wasn’t excessively drawn out. The fact that they moved into being physical at a few narrative junctions was refreshing. Some Shoujo tends to shy away from any contact, this show was willing to show that hormonal teenagers will be inclined to be physical if the have chemistry/potential.
Apr 25, 2021 11:13 PM

Feb 2019
Hikari was a bit cringe not gonna lie, but I like Iroha. She's cute.

Looks like it'll be decent.
May 1, 2021 1:33 PM

May 2015
Started re-watching this anime for the 2nd time since 2018... sometimes I forget that you have to be like... 13 y/o in order to blindly enjoy this type of genre without cringing
The beginning certainly is a weak point, but there's one
which definitely takes the weakest point spot. It's probably one of the worst miscommunication and forced drama I've stumbled upon (but then again, I don't read much shoujo). Despite that it was still worth reading for me, it's the first manga of such length that I've read in one go. And to think I was ready to drop the show after first episode.
HlebkaMay 1, 2021 1:39 PM
Feb 22, 2022 3:31 PM

Jul 2019
Hmmmmm

This is actually pretty good so far. I won't play cynical self insert card as much as the premise is silly realistically, but main girl holds this up as well as otaku dude. The former being broken, the latter actually having some self respect.

I suppose some of it is cringe but that doesn't usually get to me. Great stuff overall.
May 4, 2022 7:27 AM

Jul 2012
Episode one, yet so many kiss scene.. for "normal" romance anime, this kinda weird..
Reminds me of the b*tch from Golden Time 😅

Oct 17, 2022 4:27 PM
Sep 2011
Starts cringy at first, but the ending is enjoyable.
Jan 10, 2023 8:18 AM
Jan 2023
Not that it would be bad. But I didn't really like the main characters.
<
Nov 27, 2023 12:48 AM
Oct 2023
It's really cringy and I kind of hate both the MC and the love interest, but honestly, that may be the point. To make the otaku kinda gross and awkward makes it kinda hard to watch and adds to the cringe elements, but at least we feel what other ppl think of him. The girl is really annoying and I was just thinking, this is too much prog in the 1st ep. I thought she was kind of a pick-me girl. But once again, this may be intentional so that we can see growth as a person to likable characters.
Jan 20, 9:05 AM
Jan 2024
🍓🍓🍓🍓
Apr 29, 7:10 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I picked up the Blurays for this one since Sentai had it on sale, seemed like it might be a cute show and I absolutely won’t shy away from a good romance anime, and I quite liked how this one started. I’m ngl I did find some moments a bit goofy, the main one that comes to mind being when Tsutsui saves Igarashi from that asshole, and this is just because it was hard to imagine him going that far giving his character, but even then I liked how the two of them saved each other in different situations and ended up leading to the romance. Tsutsui even saved her a 2nd time which kinda surprised me, I guess stalking has its pros lol.

But what really threw me for a loop was how the two of them kissed already on episode 1, and not only that but are now a couple, that’s really fast and not what I was expecting for this show, but hey I’ll take it, I’m down to see the two of them getting closer while already being together as opposed to doing the whole “will they, won’t they” for most of the show. We also have a very nice OP and ED for the show, the OP was good but I especially like the ED. And lastly it’s very nice being back in Spring 2018, a season I’m always tempted to revisit as it was the season I returned to anime and started watching things weekly for the first time, I only watched a handful of shows from that season tho so I love seeing what I missed out on.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

14 by TheColonel76 »»
May 8, 7:25 PM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2018

50 by TheColonel76 »»
May 6, 6:04 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2018

56 by TheColonel76 »»
May 1, 8:32 PM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

31 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 21, 6:11 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

19 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 21, 5:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.