Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2018 11:33 AM

Oct 2013
F* this episode
F* this script!!!

to hell with Kokoro and Mitsuru!!! hope one of those giant mechasaurs mauls them to death!!!

-10 / 10 episode, I'm angry and sad at the same time!!!
Of all the characters they could hurt, they do this to my bro Futoshi, and worst of it, a damn NTR, the thing I hate the most in the universe!!!

I haven't feel so bad after watching a single episode in...ages.

the only good things about this episode was the short scenes with Hiro and Zero Two, everything else was made just to anger me even more.
Mar 24, 2018 11:44 AM

Aug 2014
Ok the drama is getting boring. I wish we had a few episodes about the world itself, the klaxosaurs, their origin and so on. I cant say that I am impressed with the way they are trying to build the characters or make them likeable ... if one of them had to die the next episode I still wouldnt give a damn since none of them are likeable, it all feels forced and unrealistic
Mar 24, 2018 11:46 AM

Jul 2013
Just when I thought Cucking in the FranXX ended, Mitsuru strikes agian, stealing Futoshi's woman, no less! Is there anyone safe from him?! Who will be the next victim?!

This is a joke, btw.
Mar 24, 2018 11:47 AM
Jan 2010
I just want the story to focus back onto Hiro and Zero Two. Futoshi started to become really cringe halfway through the show and that on the spot confession was just ugh.
Mar 24, 2018 11:48 AM

Jan 2012
As someone said Kokoro seems to be the most human of the group and in my opinion the conflicts around the partner switching really benefited her making her the most interesting female character at the moment.

While the episode has some nice story elements it didn't catch my interest most of the time. First of all, the same structure used in the last episodes gets boring and makes it too predictable, second no one besides the until now "underused" characters plays a role so it doesn't affect the viewer as much.
Mar 24, 2018 11:51 AM
Dec 2014
I stopped watching this show so I feel this isn't my place to say this but judging by the comments it seems so many people here are hating on the overweight character because his fat it makes me wonder how many people here are actually bullies in real life then again I never saw comments like this in Iron-blooded Orphans since People really loved biscuit but then again Biscuit was way better written then then this guy and he was an actual character who never had food on the mind just goes to show A1 and Studio trigger are just group of losers who don't know how to make a good anime like sunrise dose.

lord23Mar 24, 2018 12:00 PM
Mar 24, 2018 11:53 AM

Aug 2013
So it looks like they decreased the amount of fanservice over the past few episodes and increased the focus on character development and actual plot points which is a plus. I mean even with the casual yuri moment they attempted to have in there, they still kept it subtle. Looks like the staff is learning something right? Mitsuru, Futoshi, Kokoro, and Ikuno got their respective highlights with most of the emphasis on Mitsuru this time around. Glad to see they are getting their chances to shine. Also, I see they are hinting something going on with Zero Two as well. I mean she actually kinda pushed away from Hiro in this episode and tried to do a lot of things on her own in the fight. It kinda plays on the part in the last episode where they showed her fangs. Maybe she’s becoming more of a beast than human? Who knows? Either way, I’m glad to see things are moving along now.

Inb4 someone may complain that they fat shamed (with what Zorome said to Futoshi) and yuri bashed (scene with Ichigo talking to Ikuno).
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 24, 2018 11:53 AM

Jul 2017
SparkleDuck said:
Honestly, it feels like the people hating on this are hipsters. It's easily getting better and better each episode.

You should probably learn what "hipster" means. Someone having an opinion that you disagree with doesn't make someone a hipster.
Mar 24, 2018 11:54 AM

Apr 2012
Lol, I myself begin to doubt the sexuality of Ikuno, especially seeing her resentment after the failure of synchronization with Ichigo. And this her courageous look in the mecha... Wow.

As for Mitsuru and Kokoro.... Well, I have long been shipping them, but I did not think it would be so painful. Nevertheless, it seems that I'm starting to see how the creators see them. Now I was wondering what would happen next with Futoshi and Ikuno.

P.S Looking at the flashback, I begin to suspect that the synchronization of Mitsuru and Ikuno was solely based on the power of gayness. I did not misinterpret, he really also wanted to fly one mecha along with Hiro?
Mar 24, 2018 11:56 AM
Feb 2018
uninstallthegame said:
oh, and i REALLY hope they won't do anything to ikuno's character, 'cause after this pistil-to-pistil scene tumblr and twitter fandom fags are gonna claim she's lesbian or bisexual

and that's gonna turn out really shitty

You are not very smart, are you?
Mar 24, 2018 11:57 AM

Apr 2012
@DedPanda You have forgotten Miku + Kokoro scenes in the beach episode. If it were moe cute girls show, then they would have been considered lesbians for a long time already on the tumbler.
Mar 24, 2018 11:59 AM
Jun 2014
Kokoro is a megaslut. She wasn't obligated to feel the same fatoshi feels, but she wasn't obligated to make a promise to be her partner forever neither, that was just cruel. And to make it worst like 2 scenes after. Worst girl
Mar 24, 2018 11:59 AM

Apr 2013
Someone needs to die soon.
Mar 24, 2018 12:00 PM

Dec 2017
AdolChri said:

u planning on pointing out what is that u didn't like in my quote?
Mar 24, 2018 12:00 PM

May 2015
GreenEmu said:
SparkleDuck said:
Honestly, it feels like the people hating on this are hipsters. It's easily getting better and better each episode.

You should probably learn what "hipster" means. Someone having an opinion that you disagree with doesn't make someone a hipster.

Continuing to watch a show you hate for no other reason than to shit on it = hipster.

Mar 24, 2018 12:05 PM

Apr 2012
Kirigaro92 said:
Kokoro is a megaslut. She wasn't obligated to feel the same fatoshi feels, but she wasn't obligated to make a promise to be her partner forever neither, that was just cruel. And to make it worst like 2 scenes after. Worst girl

I suspect a little that the creators intentionally "lowered" her to his level, so that it does not look like "fan's hated jerkass gets a nice good girl".
Mar 24, 2018 12:06 PM

Sep 2013
Futoshi our fatboy didn't deserve this :'(
Kokoro going after another man but he takes it pretty well and makes sure mitsuru protects her :'(
Mar 24, 2018 12:08 PM

Sep 2016
HAHAHAHA
niceguy^tm fatguy completely obliterated by milkman
the best episode so far. I'm upping this anime in this season ranking because of this
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 24, 2018 12:09 PM

Jul 2012
He is all pissy over a fever induced hallucination of a promise that didn't happen in real life
Mar 24, 2018 12:13 PM
Jun 2014
GangsterCat said:
HAHAHAHA
niceguy^tm fatguy completely obliterated by milkman
the best episode so far. I'm upping this anime in this season ranking because of this

milkman is homo, he even had a procedure to let Hiro ride him.
Mar 24, 2018 12:15 PM

Feb 2016
So, Hiro was like a hero or leader for other kids when all of them were little children. And, I am looking at current Hiro who is usually on beta mode or mood. What happened to him while growing up?

Kirigaro92 said:

She is reading the book about how to make babies, she is also looking for perfect partner. Give her some slack.
Mar 24, 2018 12:19 PM

Nov 2011
I think most of our questions were confirmed at least when it came to relationships in this episode. Yeah Futoshi was being super creepy with Kokoro but that was him basically being over affectionate. Kokoro is a fucking bitch for wanting to switch partners especially wanting to be partners with Mitsuru. I mean I get she has an interest in Mitsure and it's not fair to judge her based on that. but don't make a promise you know you're not going to fucking keep!

It just sucks how the fat guys fucking loses again. I fucking hate that. Kokoro is a KokoHO (lulz?)

Now his new partner Ikuno is basically confirmed to wanting to be in a relationship with Ichigo. So where does that leave Futoshi? Back to being a single man in the end. Fucking sucks man.

Meanwhile Zero Two is acting super strange. But that hug from behind at the end of the episode...<3 i'd take that any damn day.
SoraSenpaiMar 24, 2018 12:23 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 24, 2018 12:28 PM

Sep 2016
Hahahahaha, Kokoro sex drive with futoshi vs mitsuru

3 times more satisfied
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 24, 2018 12:29 PM

Aug 2016
BEGONE THOT

still waiting for them to shift the focus back to 02

バカ
I'm not smart, I just wear glasses
"Anime is just Japanese Cartoons, Cartoons are just Western Anime"
☁ н є ѕ ι т α т ι σ и ☁
Mar 24, 2018 12:30 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting how the squad is putting the cities previous methods of education to shame though. To think that Mitsuru took part in a procedure that boosted his own skills to compensate for his frail body. Looks like Zero is starting to put up walls again and going back to her old self. Ikuno and Kokoro's requests though sure were unexpected. Interesting to see Mitsuru's true self and the reason why his personality turned into this. Looks like Mitsuru's heart was unlocked by Kokoro's determination. A great episode that focused on Kokoro and Mitsuru's development as characters. Learning to forgive others is also what makes us human. Wonder will Kokoro and Mitsuru end up as couple.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2018 12:36 PM
Feb 2018
uninstallthegame said:
AdolChri said:

It isn't about like or disliking, I was laughing at your inability to understand basic human behaviors and signals.
Mar 24, 2018 12:42 PM

Sep 2015
'Overweight child has 2 day long autistic shitfit, love interest is creeped out'
Mar 24, 2018 12:45 PM
Jan 2018
As someone already said:

"I felt betrayed as much as Futoshi does."

I expected they to try a girl x girl connection at some point, but I expected it to work somehow.
Mar 24, 2018 12:46 PM

Dec 2017
AdolChri said:
uninstallthegame said:

It isn't about like or disliking, I was laughing at your inability to understand basic human behaviors and signals.

well, good for you
Mar 24, 2018 12:47 PM

Oct 2015
Both 02 and 016 is still clearly the best characters in this show.
Mar 24, 2018 12:53 PM

Dec 2017
This episode definitely hinted at Kokoro getting with Mitsuru which kinda pains me as she is my favourite and he is a pretty big asshole, but hey. It is pretty hard to feel bad for Futoshi as he just whines so much but I hope that both he and Mitsuru try to be better for Kokoro.
Mar 24, 2018 1:03 PM

May 2016
Ryuseishun said:
Ryunske said:
I think this “narrative” is not based on a straightforward plot, but a plot made up of multiple anecdotes or stories with various story aspects dropped in certain moments. Questions appear like: Why did Hiro change from cheerful to depressed? What possible scheme could the adults be up to that could result in such change? What is this serum they were talking about and this disease that flares up in Mitsuru? etc, etc...

Darling in the Franxx’s strongest point is the ability to narrate a story without having to shoehorn in obvious plot points and to make the viewer think about what might be happening. It certainly works for the world-building aspect of the series, but does it work for the plot and characters? It’s really up to the viewer’s opinion.

Anyways, this episode actually made me appreciate Mitsuru mich more than I had initially thought while making me have mixed feelings for Futoshi. Kokoro seems to be the most human of the cast so far and Ikuno still has a ways to go.

Regardless of the character drama, I still enjoyed it.

"Shoehorn"? A term I never heard before, but I somehow already can guess what it means...LOL
But yea, I agree for the most part with what you said

Make sense.

I believe we gonna get more filler episodes focus not just on Zert two and 016
Mar 24, 2018 1:03 PM

Mar 2012
GreenEmu said:
SparkleDuck said:

You score the show a 1, bash it on every discussion forum without providing any reason for it being so 'bad', and you're gonna tell me you're not just complaining about it because it's popular?
I can understand some people disliking how the past few episodes have been formulaic, but you haven't even explained how it got worse. And I used hipsters correctly, I'm talking about people who may dislike it just for being popular. As I said, I don't have a problem with people elaborating on what they find wrong with it.
SparkleDuckMar 24, 2018 1:07 PM
Mar 24, 2018 1:06 PM

Dec 2012

His name is Mitsuru
Is a gay
Efortlessly NTR another man and have the girl want to be impregnated by him.

How could he so badass?
Mar 24, 2018 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
sayonaraaa said:
I feel like it's flying over everyone's heads in favor of "Kokoro is a whore" and "poor Futoshi got cucked" though.

Barely anyone is even talking about Mitsuru's development. Am I the only one who thought it was cool of him to let Futoshi punch him at the end? The kid knows he messed up, and he knows that Futoshi is hurting. That's a great improvement.

Lowkey rooting for Mitsuru after this ep, still wondering if the partner swappings are permanent?
Mar 24, 2018 1:12 PM

Sep 2014
Have a feeling this hasn't moved anywhere for like 5 weeks now..
Mar 24, 2018 1:13 PM
Mar 2016
Oh, so something gay is happening here Mitsuru seems to have hots for Hiro when they're little , Ikuno wants to try a Pestle to Pestle thing with Ichigo...and some cheating as well when Kokoro ditches Futoshi for Mitsuru

Could somebody tell me as to what's happening to the Genista when it went into some kind of Stampede mode kind of thing??????

So, when will someone die?
WhoahohoMar 24, 2018 1:18 PM
Mar 24, 2018 1:13 PM

Feb 2018
i feel like for the next few eps their gonna focus more on the character relationships and after they all truly understand eachother, the reql action will start. I canf wait to see whats next!!!!
Mar 24, 2018 1:15 PM

Feb 2018
Whoahoho said:
Oh, so something gay is happening here Mitsuru seems to have hots for Hiro when they're little , Ikuno wants to try a Pestle to Pestle thing with Ichigo...and some cheating as well when Kokoro ditches Futoshi for Mitsuru

Could somebody tell me as to what's happening to the Genista when it went into some kind of Stampede mode kind of thing??????

That happens when a parasite tries to operate a FranXX by herself. They turn into an animal like mech as seen in the first episode where Zero Two tried to operate the Franxx by herself and the FranXX turned into a tiger like mech
Mar 24, 2018 1:17 PM

Aug 2014
I feel like the anime will take a heavy fucked-up turn, I'm ready for it ;D
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 24, 2018 1:19 PM

Jan 2009
Mitsuru X Kokoro confirmed

and Mtisuru and Ikuno maybe bisexuals (Ikuno for Ichigo while Mitsuru for Hiro)
Mar 24, 2018 1:20 PM

Dec 2012

Milkman is angry because Hiro forgot their promise then come Kokoro she become mama milkman ease the Milkman to sleep.
SO MUCH FORESHADOWING.

isekai said:
Mitsuru X Kokoro confirmed

Mama Milk x Milkman
Mar 24, 2018 1:30 PM
Mar 2017
I defended this anime so much towards my friends, they said it would turn out no good in the end and that it’s just any other anime, gues it was true. I didn’t sign up for some puny love triangles or romance, I came for the action and how all of them as a whole can become better. Fuck this anime, it better change in the 2nd cour. 3/10 episode rating
Mar 24, 2018 1:35 PM

Feb 2018
Mitsuru is a PLAYER, he be getting those pistils left and right.
Mar 24, 2018 1:38 PM
Jun 2014
Extremesensei50 said:
Mitsuru is a PLAYER, he be getting those pistils left and right.

Well it's not that zero-two gives a shit about him when they piloted together, they even changed that part in the manga.
Mar 24, 2018 1:39 PM

Dec 2016
loved this episode :) !
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Mar 24, 2018 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
Probably my least favorite episode, but not for the same reasons everyone keeps stating. I just wished they'd FINALLY start moving on with some sort of story or even exploring their mysterious world, like what they did with the previous episode. The repetitive bullshit between fighting and drama is getting annoying. Also, we need more Zero Two time.

Kokoro did nothing wrong. Futoshi is an annoying, fat, loser and she did the right thing by trying things out with Mitsuru. I honestly hope he gets killed off or something.

Mar 24, 2018 1:44 PM

Sep 2016
L85A1Eruuu said:
Probably my least favorite episode, but not for the same reasons everyone keeps stating. I just wished they'd FINALLY start moving on with some sort of story or even exploring their mysterious world, like what they did with the previous episode. The repetitive bullshit between fighting and drama is getting annoying. Also, we need more Zero Two time.

Kokoro did nothing wrong. Futoshi is an annoying, fat, loser and she did the right thing by trying things out with Mitsuru. I honestly hope he gets killed off or something.

exactly, fatoshi is jsut unappealing, creepy and obsessive while milkman play it edgy and cool. if you are a girl, which one would you choose?
CrossAnge

Mar 24, 2018 1:49 PM
Jun 2014
GangsterCat said:
L85A1Eruuu said:

exactly, fatoshi is jsut unappealing, creepy and obsessive while milkman play it edgy and cool. if you are a girl, which one would you choose?

The issue isn't who she likes. What makes her a shitty person is making a promise, make the guy delude himself even further, just to break his heart the next hour. That my friend, is a bitch.
Mar 24, 2018 1:50 PM

Sep 2013
Really nice episode. After the lull of 3 straight Slice of Life -esque stories we finally got some action and drama again. It shed some light on Mitsuru and actually made him seem less of a douche and more just a childish child. Quite curious on how the first half will end now.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

566 by paulocosmico »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

65 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 24, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

364 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2018

707 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

640 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 22, 2:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.