Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Laid-Back Camp
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 25, 2018 2:26 AM
Mar 2016
Mar 25, 2018 6:21 AM
Feb 2018
please update picture of toba-sensei
Mar 25, 2018 11:07 AM

Jan 2013
It always comes to an end :(
Anime never stops to surprise me, who thought that an anime with such a simple and weird plot would be this interesting and entertaining? How do you even do this Japan? xD
I totally fell in love with it, one of the biggest surprises i could had!

Back to the episode. Bun's secret society?hahah

I will miss this so much!!!! Please announce a 2S!!!
Would never think that an anime with such simple idea would be this good.

Definitely a 9-10/10.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 25, 2018 12:06 PM

Feb 2011
So it's what they call perfection...

I will miss new episodes, but now it's part of a select group of animes that I randomly watch to relax.

10/10
Music is freedom
Mar 25, 2018 2:24 PM

Jul 2013
I'm gonna miss this one a lot. It was so cute, relaxing and nice overall with such a lovable cast. Welp, time to buy and read the manga!
Also I swear, I'll camp someday and it will be all thanks to Yuru Camp.

9/10 for sure. Heck, maybe even 10/10.
Mar 25, 2018 4:31 PM

Oct 2012
Good calm and heartwarming ending even though it wasn't as emotional finale as it could have been.

And last four episodes could have been better I guess. For me the episodes 2, 5, 7 and 8 were the best. Still liked the series for its atmosphere though. They portrayed the camping pretty well and manage to capture the magic of nature. Would even gladly watch another season although I'm not sure if it can be done without repeating itself, already felt bit like this towards the end.

I loved the characters though, both Nadeshiko and Rin were great and Aoi's kansai-ben was so relaxing to listen. It was good ride.

7/10
Mar 25, 2018 5:17 PM
Jan 2017
LittleStar said:
"Back to the Future"?

Yeah I totally noticed that too, I wonder what movie they were referencing when they showed the Ipad just after. It was two guys on mopeds it looked like. They were wearing sort of Hawaiian shirts.
Mar 26, 2018 8:13 AM

Jun 2015
Rin's short hair in the "timeskip" was a feast to my eyes.
I already miss this show :(
Mar 26, 2018 10:45 AM

Mar 2016
Thought about it a little bit: my expectations were so unrealistically high for this when it was announced that I can't help but feel a little (very little) disappointed. Phenomenal OST, the comedic timing was carried over well from the manga and the atmosphere was perfect. As far as it being an anime (and ignoring the manga for a second) I think I would have liked to see them explore a little bit more in nature. Comfy camping is comfy camping, but sometimes the camping setting felt like an excuse to do what they could have done anywhere else. I liked the way they showed them setting up, buying and discussing equipment. Relationships and interactions were subtle, but the characters lacked something. All in all, they played it too safe, but it was still a wonderful experience.

I think it almost lives up to the hype, however it makes me sad that the superior Yama no Susume isn't as well received in the west. After the success of Kemono Friends, and now the sales of this one, perhaps we will see more outdoor adventures.
Mar 26, 2018 1:01 PM

Aug 2015
That was so good.. I loved Yuru Camp from start to finish, it has been super comfortable and cozy to watch, I'm sad it has already ended.

At least I can comfort myself with the fact that Yama no Susume is getting a third season! :D https://myanimelist.net/anime/35672/Yama_no_Susume__Third_Season
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Mar 27, 2018 12:47 AM

Aug 2013
When everyone takes their bath and you notice that high schooler Aoi has a bigger chest than adult Toba-sensei....

Satisfying end to a great and enjoyable show this season. Just really had a nice blend of slice of life and "healing" stuff you could just turn your brain off to and enjoy, and bits of comedy and one-liners out of the blue that brought on a good laugh.

I think this show was it's own kind of underdog this season too. In the sense that probably nobody expected this show to be as popular as it was. At first glance it probably looked like it was going to be some low budget generic moe show that would get a small fanbase and fall by the wayside by the end of the season.

And then it turns out that didnt happen at all. Just a few episodes in and it fucking exploded in popularity.

I actually wouldnt be surprised if this got a second season. I bet with the production committee got together for this they expected it to be a one and done series to promote the manga and Japanese camping and just kind of be done with it. They almost definitely weren't expecting to be dealing with a smash hit that became one of the top 5 most popular series this season.

And when I say popular, I mean it helped everything. The anime itself was popular in Japan and worldwide. The manga got a boost in popularity so I've heard. Camping in Japan saw a massive fucking boom after only like 3 episodes, got knows how much more attention campsites got. A show about winter camping boosted real life winter camping. And that's just in Japan, it also inspired people internationally to go camping. Communities like Nicovid and Pixiv and twitter have fuckloads of fanart now.

Even if the show was meant to be a one-off, with the amount of attention and success in garnered in so many different categories, It'd be crazy for the committee not to take notice and cash in on the opportunity.
Mar 27, 2018 5:45 AM
Dec 2012
Jokuc said:
That was so good.. I loved Yuru Camp from start to finish, it has been super comfortable and cozy to watch, I'm sad it has already ended.

At least I can comfort myself with the fact that Yama no Susume is getting a third season! :D https://myanimelist.net/anime/35672/Yama_no_Susume__Third_Season

I felt the same way about it... it was very cozy and happy to watch. I finished it all in one sitting (last night). My life needed that dose of cuteness I think.

Thank you for mentioning Yama no Susume, I was not aware of this series so I'll check it out and I appreciate the suggestion. ^_^
^_^
Mar 27, 2018 6:08 AM
Nov 2010
t4ng3 said:

I felt the same way about it... it was very cozy and happy to watch. I finished it all in one sitting (last night). My life needed that dose of cuteness I think.

Thank you for mentioning Yama no Susume, I was not aware of this series so I'll check it out and I appreciate the suggestion. ^_^

you should also check out Tamayura
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9055/Tamayura?q=tamayura

Tamayura is amazing, has multiple seasons and movies.

It's definitely a Healing anime

MrJcMar 27, 2018 6:15 AM
Mar 27, 2018 6:17 AM
Dec 2012
MrJc said:

you should also check out Tamayura
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9055/Tamayura?q=tamayura

Tamayura is amazing, has multiple seasons and movies.

It's definitely a Healing anime

That one I do have on my list, buried in my "to watch" backlog. I'll bump up the priority.

I'm going to have a little gathering of friends in a few days here and I think I'll be forcing them to watch some Yuru Camp. ^_^ It'll do them good.
^_^
Mar 27, 2018 12:29 PM

Dec 2016
This show was so comfy and cute, it's gonna leave a cold spot in my heart for a while lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 27, 2018 4:17 PM

Nov 2015
I had so many feeling watching this show. Nostalgia, warmth and joy. An anime as simple as this, done right can capture the hearts of many. As it did with mine. Seeing all the characters interact with each other was probably IMO the best part of the show. Or the comfy feel you get when watching it. Comedy only got better and better as the show went on. What also really interested me was the narrator telling the audience the basics of camping, the tips and the dos and don'ts.

Overall an amazing slice of life, i think i'm a sucker for a good SoL. Haven't camped in years, but i kinda want to do it again.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Mar 27, 2018 4:51 PM

Apr 2012
I dont know what to said since a lot of people already expressed their opinions toward this amazing anime, which I agree. So I'll just say thanks for being an healing anime which actually heals my soul and I'm so going to buy the bd. 8/10

p.s I want to camp again
Mar 28, 2018 4:19 AM
Mar 2018
Best anime of winter 17-18.

I usually don't care about gay shipping, but for this I'll make an exception. Nadeshiko x Rin
Mar 28, 2018 10:13 AM

Dec 2016
Gonna miss relaxing late at night with this show. It isn't often you want a show to help you fall asleep (normally that means it is boring), but in the case of this show it meant it was perfect!

I felt it got better with every episode. At first I didn't really like it and the comedy wasn't that funny but as it went on I started laughing more and more every episode and enjoyed it very much. OST was amazing as was the graphics and animation.

My only complaint (and nothing against the other girls, they are all great) was that I would have liked to see a lot more of Nadeshiko and Rin camping together. I think they are really cute together and would to see more of just those two. We got the specials yet, so maybe I will get lucky. I guess I just ship them too much.

Great show overall. Very cute, very funny, beautiful to look at, and beautiful to listen to.

8/10
Mar 29, 2018 12:38 AM

Jun 2016
Oh nooo. I can't believe it's already finished. Nooo. I need a 2nd season immediately. I'm going to miss my girls especially my best gril, Nadeshiko. Definitely my AOTS. <3

9/10. <3

P.S. Crying because this show until its last episode made me so fucking happy. Arigatou gozaimashita!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Mar 29, 2018 1:16 AM

Jun 2016
just gonna drop this here

the seiyuus very endearing to watch ~(-w-~)
Kansai-ben-otakuMar 31, 2018 7:26 AM
Mar 29, 2018 4:53 AM
May 2017
Definition of perfect anime :)
I give this anime a 7/10 when the first episode aired but slowly increase the score to 9/10 :D
My final score : 10/10 no doubt <3
Mar 29, 2018 5:44 AM

Jan 2014
It's strange, normally i would just love a show like this and a did for the first 3-4 episodes, but then it somehow just got boring and watered out into 'bland', 'not very interesting', and last 4 eps 'don't care' anymore for me personally.
Overall i think i just wanted to see more Nadeshiko & Rin together, than seeing the whole Nadeshiko with the 'camp club and girls in it' (while Rin most of the time where on her own).
6/10 and i feel like i'm being generous, also surprised by all the positive high scores as i thought this would just end up as another 'cute girls show' most people would hate on for being to boring and generic.
Mar 29, 2018 7:43 AM
Sep 2016
just finished watching it
first part when they show the girls as an adult is pretty funny
rin and nadeshiko stargaze is nice
the ending when rin and nadeshiko solo camp at same spot is perfect
definitely the most relaxing anime of the season, will miss it for sure
Mar 29, 2018 5:57 PM

Apr 2015
Those last few seconds seemed to really think I'd be going camping and wanted to give me some advice. Lol I don't go outside

7/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Mar 29, 2018 6:45 PM

May 2017
CatSoul said:
Those last few seconds seemed to really think I'd be going camping and wanted to give me some advice. Lol I don't go outside

7/10

If it weren't for insects i totally would. Mainly because i put a wifi hotspot in my car so camping should be bearable as long as a cell tower is near.

Mar 29, 2018 8:20 PM

Oct 2010
MrFalkers said:
6/10 and i feel like i'm being generous, also surprised by all the positive high scores as i thought this would just end up as another 'cute girls show' most people would hate on for being to boring and generic.

Well, if there's something certain is that the show is pretty straightforward about its purposes and aims, and there wasn't a room for surprise since it pretty much remains essentially the same throughout. So people who invest 12 episodes will probably do it under the basis that they like what they are watching. This show is kind of niche, but in a way a safe bet. I bet the discussions for the first episodes have a little more negativity than this thread as a result.
Mar 29, 2018 11:28 PM
Jan 2018
ituhata said:
CatSoul said:

7/10

If it weren't for insects i totally would. Mainly because i put a wifi hotspot in my car so camping should be bearable as long as a cell tower is near.

u can try winter camping like rin if u hate insects

*well in my country there's only 2 season, rain , and more rain RIP camping*
Mar 30, 2018 5:47 AM

May 2017
Chiaki > Aoi > Nadeshiko > Ena > Rin

6/10
Mar 30, 2018 6:55 PM

Apr 2016
The show was so comfy, I didn't realized I reached the end of the show. tfw you're watching Yuru Camp and fell asleep with the player on.

Now I kinda want to go camp with my friends.

Solid 10/10 What a great ride.
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Mar 30, 2018 11:21 PM

Jul 2017
This anime never failed to put a smile on my face. And in this last episode was no different, it warmed my heart. Certainly a 10/10 in my opinion.
Mar 31, 2018 1:50 AM
Oct 2015
This was such a cute and heartwarming show, hopefully, a season 2 gets introduced for this show just because it was so relaxing and I regret not watching it while it was airing just because it probably would have helped me with stress.
The food throughout the series and the tutorials that went along with them were so cute and well done, also I hope future animes/ manga learn from this and incorporate it into their work.
Overall all I'll give this a solid 8/10
Heckle was here...
Mar 31, 2018 7:14 AM
Sep 2009
Yeah, I'd like winter camping if there was ice cream and a frickin' WARM BATH on site! :D
Apr 1, 2018 7:02 AM

Apr 2014
love this series so much. the studio too damn good for animated it. art, soundtrack, characters, story deserved my AOTS. IMO this one we must called "TRULLY SLICE OF LIFE".
10/10
Apr 4, 2018 2:55 AM

Mar 2009
I like how it ended with Nadeshiko camping all on her own. Nice way to close it all.

Cute show.
Apr 4, 2018 5:26 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Terrific ending. Incredibly comfy and pleasant.

This was a wonderful show. It was so pretty to look at, the music was so peaceful, almost like a lullaby, and the characters were incredibly endearing. From the first episode I was hooked, it was so enjoyable to sit back and watch these characters enjoy nature. Not to mention the comedy was right on every time. I also enjoyed listening about fun facts and how-to's when it came to camping. I genuinely loved every second.

I'll truly miss this show, this was a master class in the slice of life genre. Never once did it stray or fail to entertaining. It was focused, well paced, and of course, laid back.

Really hoping for a second season, I'd love to Rin, Nadeshiko, and everyone else camping again. 9/10
Apr 6, 2018 4:40 AM

Jan 2015
Well, excluding the flying tent and that future may be "75% good" Future for them. The question is, where's Toba-sensei?
I'd like to see more, especially about the Club. What will happen next? New place? New Member? I wonder if Aoki's little sister will go to the same school and join the club. Or maybe meet again with Toba's little sister?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 6, 2018 9:27 PM

Jan 2012
What a great anime. It's become a favorite of mine. Definitely one of the top slice of life anime. Yes, yes.
Now I want to go camping.
Apr 8, 2018 7:42 AM

May 2013
Good finale. 6/10
Apr 8, 2018 10:01 PM
Jan 2018
Mascera said:
Well, excluding the flying tent and that future may be "75% good" Future for them. The question is, where's Toba-sensei?

she ded because too much alcohol
Apr 10, 2018 12:36 PM
Jun 2014
I can't believe how much I loved every bit of this Anime, it made me feel so warm and comfy, also I really really really wanna go camping now!!!
Apr 11, 2018 11:10 AM

Apr 2015
How can anyone do that complex a breakfast after a day camping with friends...
It's always some hard drinking, waking up around 11, and sleepily cooking instant ramen while writhing in hangover headaches for me

Saved the last EP for two weeks while I finished the lesser winter series. Clear AOTS, almost perfect CGDCT, all the praise expected. The characteristic solo/duo/group structure with the Line messaging was refreshing, maybe the show's greatest strength outside of Nadeshiko; it enables such a great atmosphere. 7-8/10
LanzApr 11, 2018 11:15 AM
Apr 13, 2018 6:16 AM
Oct 2012
Probably the best winter anime that I've seen up until now, though I haven't watch all of it (at least my planned ones). 9/10

If this show makes you, the viewer, want to experience camping outside whether its for the first time or not, then this show already did its job by conveying how nice it is to camp outside, and its very relatable to rl camp. A very great show.
Apr 15, 2018 1:40 AM

Jun 2008
It was nice...

I feel like something is missing from this anime to make it really great tho...

Still, quite enjoyable.
Apr 15, 2018 4:15 PM

Jul 2009
The imagination of Nadeshiko being a successful camping store manager and the girls camping older was so nice! Great episode, gonna miss it! 8/10
Apr 18, 2018 11:54 PM

Mar 2014
I never expected that Nadeshiko, a character from a SoL anime would end being one of my favorite characters ever, I literally can't remember the last time a character made me laugh and kept me smiling everytime it was on screen like Nadeshiko did and to top that she is way too cute for my health.

Now on to the show itself, I loved it, I enjoyed every single second of it and I hope it eventually gets a second season when there's more material to adapt because I could watch over 1000 episodes of Yuru Camp and not get bored.

And a little comment about the last scene with Nadeshiko and Rin ending in the same campsite, it was fucking perfect, seeing Nadeshiko camping on her own like that on the campsite where she met Rin made me so fucking happy and proud. I was gonna give Yuru Camp a 9/10 but that scene just pushed it up to a 10/10.
Apr 25, 2018 3:48 AM
Dec 2012
What the hell. I would have never expected to enjoy watching an anime about camping this much. So damn comfy.

9/10

Also Rin best girl.
May 2, 2018 11:54 PM
May 2018
Such a great and happy episode.

Even the very last few scenes where they go back to where it all started. (Leaving us at the top of a mountain, but also leaving us with a cliff that we may go down soon...?) :D
May 10, 2018 10:38 AM

Feb 2013
Please let there be a second season of this beautiful show!!! I loved this show so much. I loved all the characters, the art was great, the voice acting was great, it was funny, it was adorable as shit, this was maybe my most enjoyed anime of the season. I'm not saying it was the best anime of the season, but I probably looked forward to watching this one the most.

10/10
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2018

133 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 11, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

116 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 11, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

107 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 10, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2018

106 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 9, 8:21 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2018

140 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 9, 4:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.