Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 7, 2018 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dang, that's a lot of emotions shown by Violet this episode.

Really felt like an episode that explores Violet's personal self and how she feels. Wonder how far she understands love by this point but her experience with the major is definitely something unforgettable for her.
Mar 7, 2018 7:27 AM

Oct 2011
Ending?????
But it says 14 episodes....
Mar 7, 2018 7:30 AM

Mar 2013
Nice resolution to Violet's grief and introducing her to her next development as a "real" human being. Really glad they expanded on this since they basically skipped over this aspect in the novel with a time skip.
Now which story is left to adapt before the
But honestly wouldn't mind original stories as well.
SalmonSandwichMar 7, 2018 7:41 AM
Mar 7, 2018 7:33 AM
Jul 2016
Very good but also sad episode, full of emotion and development of Violet. It fells like a final episode, showing all the character Violet met during previous episodes. Very cute insert song. Looking forward to next week.
Mar 7, 2018 7:34 AM

Jul 2017
Yeah this does feel like a final episode. I wonder if
Mar 7, 2018 7:38 AM

Mar 2013
GreenEmu said:

God I REALLY hope they do since it would really be undercutting everything they did last episode and this episode. The novel made it blatant from the beginning of the flashback but in the anime they were really careful to remove any elements of it.
Mar 7, 2018 7:53 AM

Jul 2017
SalmonSandwich said:
GreenEmu said:

God I REALLY hope they do since it would really be undercutting everything they did last episode and this episode. The novel made it blatant from the beginning of the flashback but in the anime they were really careful to remove any elements of it.

Given that we have five more episodes, I doubt it.
Mar 7, 2018 8:44 AM

Apr 2010
I am impressed at this episode it brought me so much feelings i really liked it.
Violet going trough the shock of her life and over coming it.
Especially the part was she realised the letters including the ones she made had a meaning they made a difference.

Speaking of some of the events the one where Violet lost her first arm reminds me of a Mine ball which is a type of munition which caused devastating wounds including loss of limbs.
It was most famously used in the US civil war which is known for it's high number of amputees.
Tho thinking of munition i think the bullets that where used in the Henri-Martinni riffle amongst others was capable of that as well.
I am not sure about modern bullets tho.
Mar 7, 2018 8:59 AM

Apr 2016
Last 5 or so minutes in this episode was the highlight tbh. Really glad to see all of Violet's customers doing well in their lives.

The rest was alright, Violet's recovery was good to see. I still can't make myself like those post office workers though. I kind of get why Iris and Erica have been added to the anime now, I'm guessing it was all for them to help Violet for helping them earlier in the story.

As others said, this felt like an ending episode.
Major_GilbertMar 7, 2018 9:08 AM

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Mar 7, 2018 9:06 AM

Jun 2013
Wow, what an amazingly emotional episode!

I really had goosebumps most of the episode with the exploration of Violet emotional personality and the amazing soundtracks behind it, I really enjoyed this.

The ending of the episode felt a lot like a summary to end the series...

5/5 I am enjoying these last few episodes more than what I thought I will.
Mar 7, 2018 9:43 AM
Feb 2017
SalmonSandwich said:
Nice resolution to Violet's grief and introducing her to her next development as a "real" human being. Really glad they expanded on this since they basically skipped over this aspect in the novel with a time skip.

Utopia, Sibyl? can that adaptation to anime?
Mar 7, 2018 9:48 AM

Apr 2016
Rismaya said:
SalmonSandwich said:

Major_GilbertMar 7, 2018 1:23 PM

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Mar 7, 2018 10:27 AM

Nov 2007
Best episode of the entire anime and probably the best single episode of all the anime that is ongoing right now. This could easily be considered as the final episode and I would rate the anime with a 9/10 at the very least in a heartbeat!

My heart broke when Gilbert repeated the same things his brother said to her. I could really see how much pain she was in to have experienced such a nightmare. And then came to her rescue the most unusual of people I couldn't even think of. Who would have thought that Iris, Erica and Luculia's brother would give Violet a reason to live. T_T

The entire episode was an accumulation of what we have seen through the anime so far. Amazingly, all the episodes got connected with the single point when Violet took the step to move forward.

I had goosebumps at that scene. I could really feel it. It was that powerful.

I don't care about what is changed or what is added in the anime adaptation anymore. This was absolutely an emotional roller-coaster ride for me. T_T

Sorry, Yuru Camp and Sora yori. I have probably found my Anime of the Season for me.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 7, 2018 1:21 PM
Jan 2015
I really liked this episode, probably one of my favourites, although, like the others, this episode feels like is the last one, but there are 5 more episodes to be aired yet. Is a little bit confusing :S

I specially liked the ending, like remembering everything, and also remarking what Violet did as a Doll.

I have to admit I was kind of dissapointed with this anime, specially with the first episodes. Then, after the sixth episode, I felt like a huge improvement. I loved the seventh episode (for me, my favourite episode at the moment), and I also liked the eighth episode, with the past of Violet Evergarden.

I hope next episode will be good too. Meanwhile, I will be reading the Light Novel
Mar 7, 2018 3:11 PM

Apr 2016
I don't know why but through the whole episode i was thinking about Benedict's high heels, and why he wears them. And he actually sprained his ankle because of them ... lol xD

I wonder what would happens next, with the story i mean.
Mar 7, 2018 3:13 PM

Jan 2014
Can someone spoil me and tell me if the major is really dead or not? My feelings are killing me and i keep expecting him to be alive, if i keep my expectations too high i would get disappointed and dislike the anime even though it's really great.
SOMEONE STOP ME
Mar 7, 2018 3:18 PM

Sep 2014
A very fantastic episode dem feels.
And its really wonderful to know that all of the previous story connect to this episode but yeah it really feels this episode is the last episode.
Mar 7, 2018 3:24 PM

Feb 2016
Would be really stupid from this point (after that flashback) to have Gilbert alive after being almost dead from several wounds and that explosion (I wonder how the heck did Violet survive all that) And after all that, did she really expect him to be alive? lol.

Well this episode felt like a finale to me. I wouldn't mind if they closed it there, but seems like there are 5 episodes left... like wtf, are the rest of it more boring fillers? hmmm well KyoAni must be really cautious if they don't want to trash what they have done so far ... Although everything besides the last 3 episodes has been quite disappointing they might do worse by doing so
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 7, 2018 3:37 PM

Jun 2015
Pretty decent episode. This felt a lot like a finale. So much feels. The major better stay dead or what Violet has gone through will be a waste. It's good to see she wants to keep moving forward. It was nice to see Violet's customers are doing well. With five episodes left, I'm curious how it's going to end.
Mar 7, 2018 3:41 PM

Jul 2014
Am I the only one who expected the major to show up? xD. I mean, it's still possible, the anime has clearly treated him more like disappeared than dead.

And as many say, with 2 or 3 more stories this episode could have been the end of the series.
Mar 7, 2018 3:59 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The first 16 minutes or so were SO overdone with the music, the crying and the melodrama. If the major comes back from THIS, then it's an asspull for me, he got shot twice and then getting steamrolled by the building itself.

But the remainder of the episode was breathtaking, had all the right touches with the letters, the characters Violet helped out having a role, her colleagues worrying for her and her coming to terms with it all. That was probably the best i've seen out of this season.
Mar 7, 2018 4:08 PM

Dec 2015
I mean, you could end it here and I'd be satisfied. That seemed like a good finale to me. Wonder what the rest of the episodes are going to be about.
Mar 7, 2018 4:45 PM

Nov 2016
This episode gave us closure regarding Violets inner conflict and was really powerful,if also a bit overdone at some points.

But still a very good and memorable episode imo. Damn onion cutting ninjas got me at the end, when all the characters were shown on whose life the encounter with Violet left a positive impact.
FMmatronMar 7, 2018 4:50 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 7, 2018 5:01 PM

Dec 2016
Wow that was brutal, first arm was lost from a single gun shot, then the 2nd just fell after after the explosion, very graphic stuff right there.

Violet almost had a complete mental breakdown, it was only a matter of time I suppose, learning the truth about the major would crush her heart.

That's Luculia's brother, I thought he looked familiar, look like he's in a better frame of mind.

That was pretty cool seeing those close to violet help her out and even write her letters.

That was awesome seeing everyone the Violet helped out at the end there, she changed all their lives for the better.

The level of feels in this episode definitely over 9000, great episode again.
Mar 7, 2018 5:08 PM

Aug 2014
it felt like a final episode to me for some reason. i actually had to go back and see what episode i was at to make sure i didn't just finish the series without knowing it
Mar 7, 2018 5:09 PM

Aug 2013
A really powerful episode with high amount of crying and tears.

This pretty much wraps up everything since the beginning of the series. Interested to see what will the remaining 5 episodes offer. Hope the major won't come back.
Mar 7, 2018 5:14 PM

Mar 2015
Really, really good episode.

And for all those whiners who have posted "Why so many other characters?" and "I don't understand what's with all these side stories" well buddy-boy all of that groundwork just paid off in a major way in this episode. Oh man did it make the impact so much more massive and deep. Well done production team!!
The sword that takes life gives life
Mar 7, 2018 5:24 PM
Mar 2018
The new ending some give me HYPE, BEST ANIMR THIS YEAR.

20/10
Mar 7, 2018 5:27 PM

Oct 2014
Wow, beautiful episode. This felt like a moment that long awaited and it turned out more impactful than I expected. It was a huge turning point for Violet. It was tragic seeing her so distressed by learning the truth. Hopefully she'll only get better from now. This episode felt like an ending, I wonder what the final 5 episodes will be like...
Mar 7, 2018 5:42 PM

Nov 2011
Wow this really felt like a last episode.
Nice to see Violet finding the strenght to move on, I'm eager to see how she will live with her new resolutions.
Baby, daijobanai...
Mar 7, 2018 5:42 PM

Mar 2008
You know Gilbert is still alive when Hodgins tells Catteleya Violet hasn't lost anything.
Mar 7, 2018 5:58 PM
✿。

Apr 2012
This episode did feel like the final episode.
I’m glad Violet is moving forward and how they showed the people she impacted through her career as a doll and that despite what she did during the war, she certainly can make others happy as well.

5 more episodes left, I wonder what will happen from now on.
Looking forward to it ~

:: Sʏᴍᴘʜᴏɴɪᴀ

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

☆ ★ ☆ ★
Mar 7, 2018 6:08 PM
Oct 2014
i like how violet footstep marked a new begining, it was a lot a lot of character building up to that point seeing her go through being emotionless to getting happy about a letter, i wonder where the serie's going to now
Mar 7, 2018 6:13 PM
Jan 2018
Cried so hard while watching this episode. What is the ending going to be like? This feels like the end already. But there are still more episodes.
Mar 7, 2018 6:46 PM
Jan 2018
I just wanna hug Violet and say "it'll be alright". My tears were flowing from the beginning till the end
Mar 7, 2018 6:54 PM

Mar 2013
Major_Gilbert said:
Rismaya said:

Agreed definitely don't see Sibyl's story being adapted as it wouldn't really fit in when Iris and Erica exists. If they do a potential season 2 then maybe? (I doubt since I really don't see this being renewed for a second season, but in hindsight freaking Kyoukai no Kanata got 2 movies so ehh...) They can really go all out with episodic stories after they finish most of the novels adaptation since Violet at that point would "finish" most of her development.
SalmonSandwichMar 7, 2018 8:29 PM
Mar 7, 2018 7:00 PM

Dec 2014
That was a tough episode to watch but a really good one nonetheless.

The first half was brutal and really sad. :(
The second half was quite touching and I'm glad Violet was able to recover from her grief because of all the friends she's made along the way. I also love how this episode made her realize how happy it makes people to receive a letter. :)

Sound direction was great.
Mar 7, 2018 7:00 PM

Jun 2017
this is so sad, both my mind and heart were hurt so bad. Hellish emotional roller coaster for this episode. Live on Violet.
cessciliaMar 7, 2018 7:13 PM
Mar 7, 2018 7:14 PM

Jan 2016
I didn’t read the light novel and I am very empathetic, so this emotional episode just made me cry most of the time. Good and sad tears. I may be easy to please when it comes to these kind of episodes, but I have never cried through most of an episode like I did with this one.
Mar 7, 2018 8:26 PM

Oct 2017
Now Kyoni made me wondering whether the truth of Gill's "death" will be revealed or not...by far I'm quite not appreciate Anime!Benedict. In LN, he would be concerned about Violet like a Big bro. However, the anime is kinda off somehow...the art of this ep is great and with the ost, its even better. Waiting to see what will happen in the following ep.
Mar 7, 2018 8:32 PM

Dec 2010
Ok Director-san, don't mess up the next 5 episodes. Hopefully we haven't peaked too hard, otherwise everything is going to be downhill.
Mar 7, 2018 8:48 PM

Mar 2016
I didn't cry, BUT....I had a worse feeling....my heart felt so clenched, my chest so heavy, and I barely even breathed. It was hard for me to really say anything while watching the episode without making an effort to force out words.

The only thing I had an issue with is that the episode felt like the final one, even though there's still more to come.
Mar 7, 2018 8:51 PM

Jan 2017
I loved this episode. They showed how Violet suffered from knowing that Major is 'dead' and also showed how she stood up again, face her burn marks and come to accept it. She doesn't refer herself as a 'tool' anymore. She became 'human'.

So I guess we're going back to her adventures then. And it's foreshadowed that the Hijacking Arc will be adapted. I guess it'll be the last one or two episodes.

SalmonSandwich said:
GreenEmu said:

They already hinted that Gilbert could be

For novel readers

SalmonSandwich said:
Major_Gilbert said:

Agreed definitely don't see Sibyl's story being adapted as it wouldn't really fit in when Iris and Erica exists. If they do a potential season 2 then maybe? (I doubt since I really don't see this being renewed for a second season, but in hindsight freaking Kyoukai no Kanata got 2 movies so ehh...) They can really go all out with episodic stories after they finish most of the novels adaptation since Violet at that point would "finish" most of her development.

I definitely don't want to see a second season and I also agree that it'll Sibyl's story won't fit. After this episode, I think the best story to be adapted next is the soldier story (Chapter 3?). Iirc, this where she said 'No letter deserves to go undelivered'. I just feel like this is the best next cause it'll reaffirm Violet that her letters can make a big impact and even with her bloodstained hands, she can make others happy.
Shineee_Mar 7, 2018 9:03 PM
Mar 7, 2018 8:54 PM

Aug 2014
So anyone knows the name of the ost at the end?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 7, 2018 8:55 PM

Jan 2017
Craze-Chan said:
Can someone spoil me and tell me if the major is really dead or not? My feelings are killing me and i keep expecting him to be alive, if i keep my expectations too high i would get disappointed and dislike the anime even though it's really great.
SOMEONE STOP ME

Here goes
Mar 7, 2018 9:02 PM

Dec 2010
This is a heavy episode. KyoAni did a good job at capturing the emotions of the novel very well even if they went a bit off script from Ep.8 to Ep.9

Also for those reviewers who said that Violet was incapable of showing emotions? Please...
Mar 7, 2018 9:04 PM

Jan 2017
Trades46 said:
This is a heavy episode. KyoAni did a good job at capturing the emotions of the novel very well even if they went a bit off script from Ep.8 to Ep.9

Also for those reviewers who said that Violet was incapable of showing emotions? Please...

Well, it's not that Violet is incapable of emotions. It's just she doesn't have knowledge of what 'emotion' is. That doesn't mean she can't feel them. I hope they do understand that.
Mar 7, 2018 9:17 PM

Aug 2017
I’m pretty sure the 5 last episodes will be about Violet becoming more and more human and going through the 5
Stages of Grief: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance.
Can’t wait for next week’s episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2018 9:19 PM

Aug 2014
how many chapters did the anime cover so far?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 7, 2018 9:27 PM

Jun 2017
My god this episode is quite possible my favorite so far. So much emotion and development for Violet.

This episode kind of felt like an ending considering that there are 5 episodes left.

Loved this episode overall.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2018

617 by AMazingWay »»
Apr 22, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2018

244 by _Anime-Lover-44_ »»
Apr 15, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2018

422 by TabbyPog »»
Apr 5, 2:36 PM

» Do you love Violet Evergarden? ( 1 2 )

Stacias - Jul 19, 2022

90 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 5, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2018

239 by AdrianRawr »»
Mar 30, 6:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.