Forum Settings
Forums

Would you devote most of your future life to anime?

New
Mar 4, 2018 9:32 AM
Apr 2016
My answer would be yes.
I would work really hard and get a good job...but only to spend a squid ton on anime stuff.
I even think of making an anime streaming website soon...in the future.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 4, 2018 9:43 AM
Sep 2016
I'm already devoting most of my life to being a nerd, not limited to anime but also manga, light novels, videogames, rpg, action figures.
Mar 4, 2018 9:54 AM

Sep 2015
I've already made that decision. Yes.
At some point I just noticed that anime is the thing I think about day and night and that it is my all time favorite entertainment that I've come across. I just love stories and beautiful visuals and anime happens to have them both.

Before I found anime, I was really hooked on watching movies and games for their stories etc.

I don't just think that in 50 years I will be watching seasonal anime, I know I will be.

Sure, I might find something other more important than anime and prioritize that but I will never stop loving this medium and will be a fan of it for the rest of my life.
Topkek.

Also, like the OP said, my job would also be there just to sustain my life so I could keep on watching anime. I think the MC in Gate said it pretty well
"I work to support my hobby. So if you asked me which I'd choose, my job or my hobby, my hobby takes priority." - Itami Youji
Mar 4, 2018 10:12 AM
Jul 2018

As much as I would like to, no.

Why?

Because anime can't simply be my sole purpose in life. I need to think of my future, of a career, of getting a house of my own, of marriage and potentially having kids, et cetera.

Sure. There's always going to be a period of time that I'll set aside just to watch anime and/or read manga (if non-manga books don't get in the way, that is) after a loooong days' work and/or of looking after the kids and what-have-you; of spending my money on any and all hobbies that I may have, et cetera, et cetera.

All in all, my job and my life in general takes priority over any hobbies that I may have.
Mar 4, 2018 10:13 AM

Apr 2016
I've already decided to spend most of the money I get from working on either anime or video games. Who cares about making a company lots of profit? I'm just gonna work to take their money.

As Itami from GATE said,
Mar 4, 2018 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
Yes.
My geeky interest are what make me, me. ><
People have a messed up perception of 'growing up'

I won't give up things I like because it's not "grown up"
Mar 4, 2018 10:33 AM

Jan 2013
Devote most of my free time yeah.
I'm not about to be a shut in with no social skills whatsoever
Mar 4, 2018 10:43 AM

Feb 2016
Not in the same way as you. Like, spending money on anime merchandise and stuff.... i don't plan to buy any BD and i don't really like action figures. I'll probably keep watching online

I like to own books and manga though, but it costs a lot (i mean seriously Wandering Son is expensive as fuck). I bought what is available in english from Okazaki Kyoko and plan to buy others with time, but that's it

Mar 4, 2018 10:52 AM

Oct 2015
I've decided ever since I became a weeb 5 years ago, after making Yui mein waifu.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Mar 4, 2018 10:56 AM

Nov 2016
what.... no
why in the ....
if you plan to make it into something profitable like being an anime youtuber, light novel author or something then it makes sense but if its just to be weird then... errrr
lots of very interesting things in this world

if i was to spend money on something it would be travel and food. id go to Japan and eat their food.
Mar 4, 2018 11:17 AM

Feb 2017

velvetPhos said:
I will buy few manga every month after I get job, but manga isn’t something very expensive.
I hope my future salary won’t be so pathetic to the point that buying few manga would drain my salary to bottom and need to consider that I’m devoting majority of money to anime/manga…

Same, I'd really like to be one of those people who have like a whole room dedicated to manga lol. But I won't be that insane and spend 20.000 dollars on manga like some people do...

Better hide yo wife,
Hello Kitty got a knife

made by
olanzapinebby

Mar 4, 2018 11:20 AM

Mar 2016
Nope, food is more important for me.
Mar 4, 2018 11:34 AM

Jun 2017
Financially? No. All my free time? Still no, I'll try to balance it out with my social life. Sorry, my friends, I'm not gonna join that side yet...
Mar 4, 2018 7:01 PM

Sep 2017
I'm already an anime. Please help me!
Edward Elric > your waifu

Mar 5, 2018 1:32 AM

Nov 2016
EcchiKnightDarek said:
Yeah sure, already lowkey did that. I honestly don't have a big plan in life, I just want a cozy place of my own, a stable job and a collection of all sorts of geek stuff, from anime figurines and DVDs, through manga, comics and books to video games and such. I already have the job, now time to tick the other two things off of my to do list... In time.

kisb said:
but if its just to be weird then... errrr
lots of very interesting things in this world
What is more interesting is that you consider spending money on actually buying the media that you consime is weird. And by interestingI mean pathetic.

lol no if its buying like a dvd to watch, paying crunchyroll subscription then its something we should already be doing and it doesnt take alot of time or money.
its entertainment
sort of like going to the cinema to watch a movie or buying dvds. thats normal paying for entertainment

buying figurines, plushies and stuff like that. basically ALOT of money. maybe if you rich. otherwise if its should i buy new shoes for work or a new gundamn.... then thats being weird
Mar 5, 2018 2:24 AM

Aug 2015
I dont' really think so. I'm already getting tired of anime, I think I'll quit it in a year or two
Mar 5, 2018 2:51 AM
Aug 2016
No. I don't even know if that future life of mine will even exist, but I'm more than sure that I wouldn't devote myself to something like that.
Mar 5, 2018 3:00 AM
Jan 2018
RedKitten13 said:

As much as I would like to, no.

Why?

Because anime can't simply be my sole purpose in life. I need to think of my future, of a career, of getting a house of my own, of marriage and potentially having kids, et cetera.

Sure. There's always going to be a period of time that I'll set aside just to watch anime and/or read manga (if non-manga books don't get in the way, that is) after a loooong days' work and/or of looking after the kids and what-have-you; of spending my money on any and all hobbies that I may have, et cetera, et cetera.

All in all, my job and my life in general takes priority over any hobbies that I may have.
well i agree with this gentleman here
Mar 5, 2018 3:11 AM

Feb 2016
Yes, my main goal in life is to travel to Japan and marry my trap husbando. That way anime will always be connected to my life and I will achieve ascendance beyond what normies can ever experience. My life will, simply put, completely eclipse their existence and forever put my foot on hold of their miserable lives out of joy beyond pity. I will laugh at them from the top of the top while I watch anime and my bank account will roll into the halls of Japanese anime museums (where my golden plaque will reside). With the power of 2D love I will conquer all anime studios and purge them out of toxic advancement of the west, and for all eternity Japan will be saved from the scourge of shit taste and low quality as I become truly The God of Anime.
Mar 5, 2018 3:16 AM

Nov 2013
If I was rich yeah, but unfortunately life is not so easy... One day I will probably have to give up anime because of work, good thing that hasn’t happened yet. For now, I’m just watching as much as I can when I have the free time and sacrificing sleep every now and then if I have something I really want to catch up on.
Mar 5, 2018 3:49 AM

Oct 2014
That may just be the saddest thing I have ever heard someone ask.
Mar 5, 2018 4:08 AM

Jan 2017
Oni-Baku said:
Devote most of my free time yeah.
I'm not about to be a shut in with no social skills whatsoever
Probably this
Being socially active is also important
Mar 5, 2018 4:09 AM
Oct 2017
Hell no I have other stuff to plan for my future instead of watching anime.
Mar 5, 2018 4:16 AM

Jan 2018
I don’t care about being socially active but I need money to live. Although, I’d like to devote myself to anime or computer, life just makes it no possible.

"Nothing can stay unchanged."
Mar 5, 2018 4:49 AM

Oct 2014
wtf... some of the responses above are fucking sad. Why do you want to base your entire life in pure escapism?

There are moments for everything in life... maybe you'll be aware of that after some time.
Mar 5, 2018 4:55 AM

Aug 2017
Um... of course not?

I can't see how anyone would like to devote the rest of their life to anime. This makes no sense. I guess MAL never fails to disappoint me.
Mar 5, 2018 5:19 AM

May 2016
Maybe if I eventually become a half-robot then sure I will watching anime non-stop. I won't stop watching anime for the time being, unless I start to get bored, but I probably will be taking some breaks.

But at the same time, you never know what's going to happen in the future. I could also probably get shot in the head and die. You never know.
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Mar 5, 2018 5:30 AM

Jan 2018
I've decided that ever since I started watching anime 3 years ago, I am not going to stop watching anime till my death.
Mar 5, 2018 5:32 AM

Nov 2014
I wouldn't devote my future life or anything, but I definitely can see that it will take up a significant amount of my free time for the foreseeable future.

Nas said:
Maybe if I eventually become a half-robot then sure I will watching anime non-stop.
You wouldn't need to watch anything then, just download the anime into your brain XD
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Mar 5, 2018 5:35 AM

May 2016
BurningSpirit said:
I wouldn't devote my future life or anything, but I definitely can see that it will take up a significant amount of my free time for the foreseeable future.

Nas said:
Maybe if I eventually become a half-robot then sure I will watching anime non-stop.
You wouldn't need to watch anything then, just download the anime into your brain XD

shit, that's actually a pretty decent idea. XD
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Mar 5, 2018 5:51 AM

Aug 2017
I already do, this is not a question.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2018 6:12 AM
Dec 2017
No.

Because to me anime is just a pastime.

(watched almost a 100 days worth of anime btw.)

Mar 7, 2018 11:02 AM

Dec 2017
I've made it a yearend goal of mine to collect 100 NIB figs for my future glass shelves. So far I'm 26/100 with 4/5 of them being some nice quality figures. Hopefully by the end of next year I can make it 200.
Mar 7, 2018 11:10 AM

Aug 2012
Absolutely not. I do own merchandises & manga, but it's just hobby. That might change as life goes. Even though I've surrounded myself in the medium for the good latter part of my life, I've lost much interest in it and will probably continue to do so.
Mar 7, 2018 11:18 AM
Jun 2016
I'm already kinda there :> Especially with this 800+ episode marathon to try to finish by end of may, about 200-300 episodes into it heh. All so that I can watch the new series in april.

havn't calculated my current goal, but a few weeks ago it was around 7 episodes a day to reach it.

I also try to watch about 15-20 episodes a day if I can.
Mar 7, 2018 11:20 AM

Apr 2013
No, I would give it some of my time but I have already decided to give my time to other forms of entertainment that I care more about.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Mar 7, 2018 11:29 AM

Jan 2018
That's a good goal if you can enjoy anime for the longest time as possible and still have a stable life. I think you can continue watching anime till you or me got old, and still be happy and have no regret.
Mar 7, 2018 11:41 AM

Aug 2016
By "devotion" you mean spend your time watching anime in the future as much as you possibly can? Sure. Most of my life to it? Unlikely since commuting to and from work and including working hours, I already use up at least 10 hours of my weekday. Considering I usually sleep around 4-6 hours at least, that means, mathematically, I won't ever spend most of my life to the medium with the assumption I still keep my job. If you mean continually buying anime products, then it's a hell no. I'm cheap as fuck.
Mar 7, 2018 11:41 AM
Jun 2013
I'm not willing to devote my life to anime, simply because I don't have to in order to enjoy it. I'll still keep watching it for probably my entire life, but I'd rather use anime as a source of enjoyment while at the same time devoting myself to something else I'm truly passionate about.
Mar 7, 2018 11:51 AM
May 2015
Some of my life is devoted to anime, but not all of it.
Mar 7, 2018 6:00 PM

Nov 2015
Salokannel2 said:
At some point I just noticed that anime is the thing I think about day and night and that it is my all time favorite entertainment that I've come across. I just love stories and beautiful visuals and anime happens to have them both.

More or less this. I don't know about devoting my life to anime? What does that even mean? I'm not about to be sacrificing more important things like school or work or friends for it, but anime is my favorite hobby and I will most certainly be setting aside a lot of time for it.
Mar 7, 2018 6:48 PM
Jul 2015
In general, I worry more about keeping my ideals in harmony until the future.

So in this would enter to continue enjoying the anime without any fault.

And the objection to the question, no, I'm not going to let it consume my life either.
Mar 7, 2018 9:43 PM

May 2009
No.

As emotionally gratifying as some of these stories can be, they are still, in one way or another, a lotus-eating dream. They can be the best of inspirations, but I have my own world to play in, to work in, and to save.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Mar 7, 2018 10:00 PM

Feb 2016
I already have my 2030 calendar set. On September 16th, 2030, I’m gonna call out of my 7 figure salary job and watch One Piece episode 2067 with my body pillow.
Mar 8, 2018 12:30 AM

Mar 2016
Um, no. Life to me is way more than just anime. Anime is only entertainment, there are so many other things to experience.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Mar 8, 2018 12:57 AM
Sep 2017
No!! When i become 30 i would quit watching anime and start living my life as an adult. i will leave anime for the next generation to watch it. As for now i enjoy it while im still young.
NotTrying2BLazyMar 8, 2018 1:02 AM

Mar 8, 2018 1:11 AM

Nov 2017
ZeroZero0 said:
My answer would be yes.
I would work really hard and get a good job...but only to spend a squid ton on anime stuff.
yep definitely I will but not in a manner u said. Btw I think u have a good idea of making that website hope you will succeed and also if u need any help I can as I am also a programmer.
THERE EXIST IN THIS WORLD SOMETHING NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN
IT'S GENTLE SO VERY SWEET
THE GLIMPSES IS ALL IT TAKES TO MAKE A PERSON CRAVE IT
THAT'S WHY IT'S NEVER BEEN SEEN
THAT'S WHY THE WORLD HAS KEPT HIDDEN
MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN
BUT ONE DAY, IT WILL BE FOUND

BY THE PERSON WHO IS MEANT TO FIND IT. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW IT WORKS.
"

Mar 8, 2018 1:27 AM

Mar 2017
I couldn't ever. Atleast I hope I dont. Now i 100% do not judge anyone who chooses to do so because,,,, like its your money and you can do what you want with it!! Do watcha love!! BUt like I personally have /alot/ of things that are important to me. I have alot of friends I like to spend time with, I enjoy going places (when Im actually able to lol) , and there are also alot of other things I enjoy other than anime. BUT that is not to say that in 20, 30 years, I wont have some free time in my life and be like hmmm I could watch some anime!
Like,,,, I always make sure to have free, personal time for the things I love to do on my own, the main thing being watching anime.Anime is honestly real important to me and like seriously is one of my favorite things, but I also have alot of things I love a ton and also soooo many things in life I wanna do and see.
For me its more of a way of escapism, relaxation, entertainment. I highly doubt I'll ever get tired of it, but it will probably stay at its current level of priority in my life.
Mar 10, 2018 4:31 AM

Apr 2010
Watching it from time to time is fun, nothing more.

Mar 12, 2018 1:57 PM
Apr 2016
Tomoya1 said:
ZeroZero0 said:
My answer would be yes.
yep definitely I will but not in a manner u said. Btw I think u have a good idea of making that website hope you will succeed and also if u need any help I can as I am also a programmer.
thanks so much for that. And yeah if I need one I will tell you.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» How far are you willing to forgive anime for its obvious (to you) disadvantages?

RobertBobert - May 2

29 by LeonhartAugust »»
2 minutes ago

» Opinions on the state of the BL genre? ( 1 2 )

decco6226 - May 2

74 by spiritgun01 »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy talking about anime you dislike?

Catalano - May 3

41 by LeonhartAugust »»
6 minutes ago

» How would you describe modern mainstream anime? ( 1 2 )

RobertBobert - 11 hours ago

52 by FanofAction »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you watch anime on Funimation???

DesuMaiden - 3 hours ago

12 by MogKnight »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.