Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 20, 2008 1:36 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The start of this episode was really funny.
I think Mayama should just quit on Rika and just move on to Yamada.
Also, Leader is win =P
KinetaNov 25, 2012 9:40 AM
May 13, 2008 3:22 AM

Mar 2008
Kayro said:
I think Mayama should just quit on Rika and just move on to Yamada.

i agree. but i have a feeling that this wont happen....:(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2008 1:08 PM

May 2008
I think Mayama is so stupid for not trying to be with yamada... It is obvious that he cares fot her, he shows interest and caring but why is he so afraid of her... :( Yamaha is geting more inlove by every episode... the only barable thing that mayama tries something with Rika even if it was unsuccsesful atempt coz he was a bit rejected. In my opinion he should go ahead and "breake of the broken sprout" so that the new one could grow...
--------------------------------------------------------
------------/¯/)
-----------/¯¯/
----------/-../
-----/´¯//'.'//´¯`·
-/´¯/-- /---// ---/¨¯\
('-(---(´--(´ -¯~/'--)

Aug 28, 2008 5:58 AM

Jan 2008
Come on Mayama, you know Yamada is the only one for you :/
Poor Yamada...
Sep 13, 2008 4:41 AM

May 2008
"It was the first time I heard someone's heart broke.."

Magnificeeeeent xD
May 9, 2009 1:50 PM

Aug 2008
I hate Mayama, why is he playing with Yamada like this...? Leave her or take her, but don't do this anymore... Why is he clinging on Rika like this?

I feel really bad for poor Ayu-chan ):

May 12, 2009 4:37 AM

Jun 2008
whaaa? rika and mayami did it? after rika called mayami harada????? tsk tsk.. taking advantage of a girl who just lost her husband... now i'm sure that i don't like mayami with yamada anymore... i feel so sorry for her going after that guy who' still so hung up over rika... UGH! NOMIYA! GO FOR YAMADA! :D :p
Jun 11, 2009 2:28 AM

Mar 2009
I think deep down Mayama loves Yamada but I think he has to get over Rika before he will fully realise this if he didn't care about Yamada he would encourage her to date and get over him.

Aug 23, 2009 7:36 PM

May 2009
WOW !

That scene in the bedroom was amazing.

It at the same time broke my heart when she thought it was her husband with her and at the same time broke my jaw from gaping when Mayama went at her.
Sep 7, 2009 1:01 PM

Jun 2008
Jesus I love the feelings and mood this show creates. Poor Yamada <3

At this point though I don't know who I want Mayama do be with, I think Rika needs him and Mayama will be at his happiest with her even though it kills me to say.
Dec 12, 2009 12:22 PM

Apr 2009
Oh my God, the scene in the bedroom was pure gold. Left me speechless. And then when he asked her to just 'let him run for a while', I almost teared up.
Also, finally: the song that made me watch the anime (talking about Yoru wo Kakeru of course).
Best episode for me so far.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Dec 27, 2009 12:21 AM

Oct 2008
This show is indescribably good. Loved the ending scene, and the scene where the newbies tried to give presents to Hagumi. Her uncle is such a hyprocrite lol. I also love the way how this mood of this show switches between a light hearted mood, and the serious more emotional one. One minute everything is all emotional, the next it is light hearted and comedic and the way the directors of this show did it is just amazing..

The dog's apparent words are pretty funny as well. As for Mayama going after Rika, people always want what they cant have aye? I have a feeling Yamada is just going to move on from Mayama eventually, and when Mayama actually wants to be with her it will be way too late.
Jan 29, 2010 8:35 AM

Nov 2008
I like how this episode ended, the soundtrack was really beautiful and fitted perfectly with the mood. Rika and her relation with Takumi were the only things that interested me, I think I'll finish this anime just for the excellent OST and Takumi.
Feb 23, 2010 8:55 AM
Jul 2018
The last part with the insert song was incredibly good. I like the story revolving around Mayama much more than the Takemoto-Hagu-Morita one. Even when I miss Morita's random craziness :3
Jun 16, 2010 7:07 AM

Apr 2010
I miss Morita so much ;_;
Feb 5, 2011 1:55 PM

Jun 2009
Okay so this always leave me like with a weird feeling when each ep finish. I never understanded why Mayama was like that until now. Ayu is like one of my fav characters here and I always feel sorry for her, and I still do but now I see something new. Like I already knew Mayama was in love wih Rika but I never saw what he feel until now. I feel sorry for him too. Because the truth is that he likes ayu but he is inlove with Rika and that is something that he can't help at all. Like I want ayu and Mayama to be together but now I understand more Mayama.
Apr 7, 2011 8:48 AM

Feb 2010
Alicia3000 said:
I think deep down Mayama loves Yamada but I think he has to get over Rika before he will fully realise this if he didn't care about Yamada he would encourage her to date and get over him.

Seconded.
Only not get over but rather think over this mess and decide something constructive.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Apr 12, 2011 10:14 PM

Sep 2009
Why is Hachimitsu to Kurooba sooo good!
I understand Mayama's situation with Rika
but everything there is so heavy..
I really think he's too young to be given her burden.
Wake up, Mayama! And soon, else when you do, Yamada will be gone.
Apr 29, 2011 11:34 AM

Aug 2010
Damn if I was in his shoes I would go for Yamada in a heartbeat.
May 11, 2011 3:54 PM

Dec 2008
I'm sick and tired of this Rika character and her emoness. What does Mayama see in her? She's boring as fuck!
Jan 4, 2012 9:02 AM

May 2010
Man. The bedscene is simply strong parred with Mayama's monologue. That really left me in silence.
StormViruzJan 4, 2012 9:11 AM
Apr 5, 2012 6:06 AM

Oct 2011
"Just then, I heard the sound of a heart... breaking."
That said, just after they kissed on the bed... that was beautiful.

That scene was absolutely amazing.
|ω・)
May 10, 2012 10:15 AM

Apr 2009
There's nothing more pathetic than people who don't know what they want, and who can't even understand their own feelings. Thanks to Mayama i almost want to drop this otherwise good show.
May 16, 2012 10:21 PM

Nov 2011
Oh wow, Rika's history...
Jun 17, 2012 4:18 AM

Oct 2008
Wha!? So something like that happened between Mayama and Rika already?? But I'm kinda confused about Mayama now. Does he like Ayu or not? Maybe he doesn't realize it yet. And his mind keeps telling him that he still likes Rika. Oh well, maybe a serious rival would do the job.
Jul 12, 2012 4:22 PM

Jan 2012
i didn't understand mayama's attraction to rika and i kind of hated him for not wanting ayu but not sharing her either. but man, that bedroom scene was the most intense scene romantically in this series so far. i can understand now why he can't let her go.
Sep 22, 2012 11:56 AM

Jul 2011
i guess mayama is into frail sad girls and ayu is the opposite
Sep 24, 2012 6:38 PM

Nov 2011
I hope Yamada starts dating before Mayama realizes that he should give up on her. =D. That would be awesome.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Nov 17, 2012 1:59 PM

May 2012
Damn nice episode, was really focused around Mayama this episode, but well I wonder what he'll finally decide! Lets find out in the next episode!
May 23, 2013 3:23 PM

Jan 2013
It's hard to move on from someone you're head over heels for. While I feel bad for all 3 of them, someone needs to make a move so that they can move on (kind of like sensei was saying).
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jun 24, 2013 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
I realize after reading comments that I'm in the minority. Ha, I want Mayama to end up with Rika. But I want Yamada to be happy too, and I think this new guy just might be what can fill the void Mayama put in her heart. After the episode with the broken plant and the yukata that pretty much solidified the end to Mayama and Yamada's possible romance. You can't make someone fall in love with you, and Yamada seemed to realize that.
Aug 11, 2013 9:27 PM

Mar 2013
Best episode by far. The bedroom scene when she called him her late husband was so powerful. I feel that he will eventually realize his true feelings for yamada but it will be too late as she will have moved on. Such an emotional series
May 26, 2014 3:03 PM

May 2012
Poor Yamada. So it seems like Mayama will never get over Rika. I WANT AYU TO BE HAPPY!!!! So Ayu is really just a very precious friend. Ah, my heart.
Dec 2, 2014 3:52 PM
Jul 2014
Kugutsue said:
I miss Morita so much ;_;
Dec 10, 2014 7:34 PM

Nov 2011
While I can understand Mayama's conflicted feelings, what he's doing is wrong. He needs to commit to pursuing either Rika or Yamada and leave the other alone. Otherwise he's just going to hurt both of them and himself in the process. If he pursues Rika now and it doesn't work out, he shouldn't be interfering with Yamada's personal life or stringing her along anymore (let alone pursuing her). Nobody ought to be treated as a "second choice" (or "bench choice", as his friend put it).

I hope Yamada doesn't let him treat her as a fallback. She deserves better.
Dec 16, 2014 6:20 AM

Jun 2009
Hilarious episode, for the most part. Again following the formula where it gets serious towards the end. I'm glad we're getting some development for Mayama but there's still Mr. Engima...Wonder if we'll see Morita any time soon?
Dec 27, 2014 5:57 PM

Feb 2013
Nice kick, lmao.

Jan 18, 2015 7:19 AM

May 2009
I think the most interesting thing about this show is the relation between Yamada and Mayama. At first I thought they both were kind of idiots, but now that I've seen their feelings and such I think they're amazing. However Mayama seems stupid as f*ck for not trying to be with Yamada. He's going to regret this, I guarantee you..
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Apr 21, 2015 5:06 AM

Aug 2014
what's with Mayama? It would be better if he was with Ayu, and Sensei with Rica.
Jun 22, 2015 12:19 PM

Jul 2013
I miss Shinobu's hilarious antics too.

I kinda which Takumi would get with Ayumi, I kinda like Rika but still. I like Ayumi more. Plus she likes him so much.
Sep 5, 2015 7:04 PM

Jul 2014
oh mann Yamada is too adorable. I kind of understand what Mayama is doing, I think I've done something similar and feel dumb about it, but wth..

Hamamoto-sensei being hypocritical was hilarious LMAO "damn kids"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2015 1:44 AM

May 2014
"Y-Y-You fell asleep?!
In a car driven by a guy that you don't really know?
In that dangerous man's car?!
Why are you always so naive?
You shouldn't show an opening so easily in front of people you don't know very well!"
The concern... TuT GET TOGETHER ALREADY!!!
Nov 16, 2015 3:56 PM

Dec 2012
LOL @ Hanamoto getting defensive over Hagu after lecturing Mayama.

I'm really liking this shift of focus onto Mayama. He's definitely proving to be my favorite character along with Ayumi and it was a huge eye opener to see what kind of past relationship he's had with Rika. I never imagined there was that kind of wall between them. The way he described it "I felt what it was like to crush someone's heart for the first time."
Aug 1, 2016 9:44 PM

Dec 2015
I see all those people hating on Mayama for leaving Yamada on standby because his situation is conflicted with his first choice... I've been there once and trust me it's not that easy to cut off all attachments when it comes to love, no matter how many people are involved. It's completely human to wish for a safe exit in case things go south and hold onto it selfishly. It is wrong but it's not out of bad intention. Anyway, looking forward to what's in store for him. I expect his co-worker to set him straight.

God I love this show.
Aug 1, 2016 9:47 PM

Apr 2014
KingRequiem said:
I see all those people hating on Mayama for leaving Yamada on standby because his situation is conflicted with his first choice... I've been there once and trust me it's not that easy to cut off all attachments when it comes to love, no matter how many people are involved. It's completely human to wish for a safe exit in case things go south and hold onto it selfishly. It is wrong but it's not out of bad intention. Anyway, looking forward to what's in store for him. I expect his co-worker to set him straight.

God I love this show.
Agree, it seems like the hate usually comes from younger anime audience who arent that experienced with love and try to project their ideals on to a show. Sadly this situation happens as common place in the real world lol. Glad to see someone who understands.
Jan 2, 2017 2:04 AM

Jul 2015
This episode was really strong for Mayama. I feel like he realises he kinda likes Yamada but denies it which in return hurts her. That bedroom scene though.. wowee. He clings to the past to much and woah I don't even know...
Jan 5, 2017 2:18 PM

Feb 2008
Mayama... How can one be so incredibly lucky as well as equally unlucky at the same time...?
Jan 15, 2017 9:01 PM

Jan 2013
Some important conversations and confrontations this episode.
Rika is an interesting character, I wanted to see more of her
Apr 10, 2017 5:53 AM

Feb 2013
Mayama is too selfish, even though he loves Rika he can't stand the fact of seeing Yamada with someone else.
Mar 17, 2018 1:30 PM

May 2015
Mayama just go for MILF.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Opening

I_0_dont_0_know - Apr 10

3 by mikorinismyson »»
Apr 11, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Mar 17, 2008

126 by whereswisteria »»
Mar 29, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Fentastic - Oct 5, 2008

124 by anti0taku »»
Sep 14, 2023 4:50 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 21, 2008

61 by anti0taku »»
Aug 3, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 10 Discussion

Kayro - Mar 19, 2008

49 by anti0taku »»
Jul 22, 2023 12:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.