Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2018 2:43 AM

Sep 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting. Also, I think the silhouette of the guy with all those soldiers was Gilbert. His face shape matches pretty well. As soon as I heard the other kids names, I knew they were collaborating with them. It's pretty understandable as to why he locked his memories. As a kid, that'd be devastating.

A lot of other loose ends tied up this episode like "Canopus", who was Keith's father, and now Keith has a label of Canopus. What I found even more interesting was that all the parts or abilities he has now is from the kids he was growing up with.

And more collaboration with the higher-ups and the bad guys...
TyrelMar 2, 2018 2:46 AM
Mar 2, 2018 8:49 AM

Jan 2016
Wow, what an episode. I can't believe it ended up so tragically... The ED, man, the ED... So much learned, and so many more questions...

The major question though, who is Regulus?

Mar 2, 2018 8:05 PM

Jan 2009
we got some backstory of the god kids past, now who is that guy Minatsuki is talking to and slices his arm in the end
degMar 3, 2018 1:48 PM
Mar 3, 2018 10:21 AM

Aug 2009
I was really hyped for a flashback episode and this one did not disappoint. This and episode 6 were pretty fucking great.

The first few episodes were pretty eh but entertaining. The show's gotten a lot better now that the police procedural scenes are out of the way.
I'm afraid they're going to come back though...
Mar 3, 2018 10:53 AM
Aug 2017
did anyone notice the girl/guy that looked like five from zankyou no terror?????
Mar 3, 2018 4:26 PM

Nov 2016
Nice flashback.

Regulus has to be Gilbert,only thing which is bothering me, is that we didn't see the bangs when we got a close up of his face.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 4, 2018 11:35 AM

Feb 2011
heather1234 said:
did anyone notice the girl/guy that looked like five from zankyou no terror?????

Plot twist. It really is her.
Jokes aside I can definitely see the similarities with Zankyou no Terror's story, since they're made by the same guy. Man I loved that anime. It's almost as if Psycho Pass and ZnT had a child and this is it.
Mar 6, 2018 7:53 PM

Dec 2016
Really nice episode that really helps tie the backstory of Koku, as well as the overall story, together pretty nicely. Annnnnd great, the ending just opened up a whole nother can of worms and started up a lot of new questions... FUCK!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 10, 2018 7:11 PM

Dec 2014
That was a great episode that connected a lot of the dots as well as giving us more insight into the backstory and current state of things.

Wonder who Regulus is and it looks like the police department is corrupted at the higher level.
Mar 17, 2018 9:17 PM

May 2012
Another fantastic episode I must say and boy that ending really got me again! Very impressive things are being shown to us. Looking forwards to see what's next.
Mar 25, 2018 1:14 AM

Nov 2012
What I find problematic with this series is, it's mashing up 2 to 3 different stories into one. If they focused on just Koku's childhood and traumas and totally ditch the police storyline, it would've been highly enjoyable. This flashback episode seems to be the best episode so far, and it still was just an okay episode (with superb music to make it far more "emotional" than it actually looks like).

Mar 31, 2018 9:50 PM

Jul 2013
I don't know that the fuck is going on. The plot is unnecessary complex, this show is taking itself too seriously. But I think this is one of those shows that would have been infinitely better if it was simple and if they just stuck with the more common theme. Honestly I started watching this expecting it to be about a serial killer and a group of cops trying to capture him but no they had to make it about about clowns that call themselves market maker like is that name supposed to be intimidating or what and of course our flying friend with the weird eye and swordhand and an annoying obsession with a chick. This better start making some sense cause I'm getting really disappointed here Netflix looks like it's always hit or miss with you guys.
Apr 3, 2018 10:05 AM

Dec 2017
The episode has been very sad past Koku and Yuna and Keith's father almost makes me cry of sadness
Apr 4, 2018 4:12 PM

Feb 2013
Ok, so I thought the battle was a bit silly. I was actually laughing while watching it.

Yea dude, you should feel bad for abandoning Yuna. No way she's dead. She's on the cover image!
Apr 18, 2018 4:29 PM

Jan 2017
i love how the plot is getting more and more complex. finally we got some good focus on koku's character

though i have to admit yuna and koku's past was kinda... cliche......but hey cliches are ok as long as they are done decently
きみに逢えてよかった
May 7, 2018 6:38 PM

Aug 2017
This episode is better than the last one. So, Koku's past.

I tried to like him but i can't. If this episode was made early, i could understand him more. Now it's too late. I've become accustomed to the RIS unit. 3/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 9, 2018 2:14 AM

Jan 2010
Wait... some questions:

1) did Kamui (the crazy bald guy) really die like this?! Why? What was his purpose/role in this series?! Lol, why his mates killed him?

2) how did Koku absorb friends powers? Looks almost as if he operated himself, but that's ridiculous, also because he clearly said he had no superpower except his eye. How did a kid move a dead arm and wings on his body?
Sep 25, 2018 9:46 PM

Aug 2013
Is it just me or is this ep and ep 6 when this show finally started to take off and get relatively better? I mean it took 7eps to explain what's going on y'all feel me?
Sep 26, 2018 2:00 AM

Jan 2010
Tarrmu said:
Is it just me or is this ep and ep 6 when this show finally started to take off and get relatively better? I mean it took 7eps to explain what's going on y'all feel me?

I liked first part (ep 1-4, I d say) much more.
May 20, 2019 11:35 AM

Dec 2018
Unmasked89 said:
Wait... some questions:

1) did Kamui (the crazy bald guy) really die like this?! Why? What was his purpose/role in this series?! Lol, why his mates killed him?

2) how did Koku absorb friends powers? Looks almost as if he operated himself, but that's ridiculous, also because he clearly said he had no superpower except his eye. How did a kid move a dead arm and wings on his body?

I think asking questions like how Kokuu manages to assimilate limbs and abilities will be answered by more seemingly far fetched reasons like the existence of deities and prehistoric races with special abilities. Which isn't very satisfying, I wish this could have been done better.

There is another black winged race resurrect right? In episode 6 Keith said that his father managed to bio-genetically create two. So is Yuna the other resurrect or not? if so, she seems really under powered.
Jun 26, 2019 11:09 PM
May 2019
Dope backstory episode. 5/5!!!!
Mar 22, 2021 9:40 PM
Oct 2019
this kid is a dumbass. flying straight at those twins even though they have guns and just shot him to shit after he was already stabbed with a sword clean through his torso. i hate it when characters do absolutely stupid shit

what do they want him for? what's their endgame once they capture him?

backstory: some of the kids were manipulated by market maker (and some hidden figure) to turn on keith's dad (canopus) and koku (black wing king). bunch of kids died. yuna was taken. the rest went with market maker. and koku wound up alone, acquiring the parts of his dead "family"(i don't know what to call the kids). i can't tell if they were literally meant to be his "parts" or if that was just part of the lie market maker told that one kid in order to incite the rebellion

pretty awesome seeing dude's arm turn to black dust at the end. that was a great scene. but the long haired guy at the police station/office, he couldn't have been the guy who had his arm cut off, so who is he?
HagePotPotatoMar 22, 2021 9:50 PM
May 26, 2021 7:27 AM

Apr 2018
Regelus aka the mastermind behind this.
Good backstory on the kids, ED was nice.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 10, 2021 4:22 PM

Jul 2015
Young Yuna and Koku look so cute and precious together, too bad that tragic event occured due to Market maker's attack. Good to know Koku didn't actually murder his brothers and sisters for which Yuna accused him for last ep. As others have deducted on who the guy that cut off Minatsuki's injured arm is, I also believe its most likely Gilber the doctor.

Jul 9, 2021 12:06 AM
Dec 2020
Amazing episode. Kirisame man what a good kid and tragic all their deaths were. But wow man Keiths dad was such a good guy. Keith flick man he got a sister or his mom name is erika. Kokuu with a hard life to live with that’s crazy. I think Gilbert dad is the bustard dude.
Jul 18, 2021 3:54 PM
May 2020
my curiosity is peaking
Aug 16, 2021 7:55 PM

May 2019
I'm just going to assume that Boris brought Keith the shotgun.

Aight so now Keith is Koku's mentor/guide.

Oh this backstory is EPIC! Whoa.

Who's Regulus anyway? I gotta keep watching.

(Also just realized young Koku's voice actor plays Gon in HxH).

May 9, 2023 9:26 AM
Jan 2017
muito foda a mina chegando do nada

More topics from this board

Poll: » B: The Beginning Episode 11 Discussion

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2018

24 by AnimeXlover78 »»
Mar 7, 8:04 AM

Poll: » B: The Beginning Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2018

81 by remunine »»
Jan 6, 1:53 AM

Poll: » B: The Beginning Episode 10 Discussion

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2018

25 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 13, 2023 12:37 PM

Poll: » B: The Beginning Episode 9 Discussion

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2018

29 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 13, 2023 12:03 PM

Poll: » B: The Beginning Episode 8 Discussion

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2018

28 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 13, 2023 11:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.