Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 2, 2018 4:45 PM

Feb 2015
It's so frustrating seeing him struggle when he obviously should have no problem taking him down. I know he doesn't want the others to know about his powers but surely saving his friend would be more important than that.
Mar 2, 2018 6:25 PM
Aug 2014
I really hate satou more and more. Well how to describe him? Severely generic, harem lolicon, a gay that dont get attracted by girl's body,boring speech and talks. His harem keep expanding and expanding and makes me want to vomit.
Pochi and tama cuteness will NOT be enough to save the show for me.
And why this show have such a high rating at 7? Bring it down please. It dont even deserve a 5
1/10 from me
Mar 2, 2018 11:16 PM

Aug 2012
he's lvl 300++! he should be one-shotting that lvl 40 bone thing... or speed clearing that dungeon thingy or whatever. its not like putting a cliff hanger this ep will matter when he fights this homunculus chicks. they could have been done with it this ep.

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Mar 3, 2018 4:58 AM

Jan 2010
Can someone enlighten me as to why a level 310 has problems dealing with foes hundreds of levels below him?

Did I miss an explanation or something about that? Kiri... err... Satou should be pulverizing everything/everyone with his bare hands.

Also, no kemono friends makes this a pretty bland episode.
Archie74Mar 3, 2018 2:07 PM
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Mar 3, 2018 2:17 PM

Jul 2015
...I feel empty without the lolis around... and I know this is a question everyone here has, but why the heck is it taking him so long to do anything when he out levels everything by hundreds?
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 3, 2018 5:02 PM

Dec 2016
I like how Satou remembers and uses the fact that he is basically in a game to make his way through these labyrinth-like settings
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 3, 2018 9:10 PM
May 2017
The first episode I enjoyed and it also seems to be the first one most people hate. I know Satuu's character has no personality and there is nothing interesting about it, but that's how it's been the whole time. An episode that focuses on him was a breath of fresh air to me, so I didn't have to keep watching him sit around with his harem. It's also the first time I've seen him be challenged to a small degree.
Mar 3, 2018 9:12 PM
May 2017
Archie74 said:
Can someone enlighten me as to why a level 310 has problems dealing with foes hundreds of levels below him?

Did I miss an explanation or something about that? Kiri... err... Satou should be pulverizing everything/everyone with his bare hands.

Also, no kemono friends makes this a pretty bland episode.
I want to see him challenged even more. I don't even get your complaint. Do you want all the fight scenes to be boring with no tension?
Mar 4, 2018 9:09 AM
Dec 2017
Why his assessment is very low?, but the story is quite interesting
Mar 4, 2018 12:48 PM

Nov 2011
"I can't leave this beautiful babe behind. I definitely can't leave this beautiful babe behind. Yeah I won't leave this beautiful babe behind." LOL Typical guy logic and I love it. Also NO.7 is a babe! lol

A decent episode. The grass elf was pretty funny. I thought the pace was very well done. Glad it didn't drag on and on.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 5, 2018 3:56 AM

Sep 2008
This felt so rushed. I hope the details they left out will be explained in the next episode at least.
Mar 5, 2018 4:59 AM

May 2013
Nain said:
Bawse said:
Whoever thought this anime out really lacks imagination.. Let alone the mmorpg idea. If a noob would design an anime, it would look something like this one - a level 300 wasting time on lowbies, great concept.

My sentiments exactly. Why cant he just pull out his divine blade or hero sword and clean this shithead up? lmao. The studio must be adapting the manga carefully--which is distasteful tbh. This arc should've passed much more quickly; it shouldn't have ended with a cliffhanger of MC vs a-buncha-scrubs

Cause you can't beat a Cutscene Boss with such a tactic. It doesn't matter if you're level 1000 and the Boss is lvl 1. If the requirements to fight the Cutscene Boss is not fulfilled, you can't defeat him till then hence why he couldn't finish off the Demon Lord without equipping that GodSlayer Title a few episodes back and this is why that Undead King blasted him off the top floor. This is Classic RPG 101. Also, he's trying to hide his identity cause he doesn't want to end up like Arisa who was supernerfed by the World.
Mar 5, 2018 6:39 PM

Dec 2012
DarkwindJR said:
Nain said:

My sentiments exactly. Why cant he just pull out his divine blade or hero sword and clean this shithead up? lmao. The studio must be adapting the manga carefully--which is distasteful tbh. This arc should've passed much more quickly; it shouldn't have ended with a cliffhanger of MC vs a-buncha-scrubs

Cause you can't beat a Cutscene Boss with such a tactic. It doesn't matter if you're level 1000 and the Boss is lvl 1. If the requirements to fight the Cutscene Boss is not fulfilled, you can't defeat him till then hence why he couldn't finish off the Demon Lord without equipping that GodSlayer Title a few episodes back and this is why that Undead King blasted him off the top floor. This is Classic RPG 101. Also, he's trying to hide his identity cause he doesn't want to end up like Arisa who was supernerfed by the World.

Arisa was born reincarnated. He doesn't have a reason to hide his identity. Sure, it is RPG 101, and it is RPG-like, but it's also not.
Mar 6, 2018 3:55 AM

May 2013
Nain said:
DarkwindJR said:

Arisa was born reincarnated. He doesn't have a reason to hide his identity. Sure, it is RPG 101, and it is RPG-like, but it's also not.

As far as I can tell is that because he is an experienced dev, and he doesn't want to proceed to the main quest cause he could no longer travel the world without being exclusively targeted and he isn't too sure what a Hero truly means since he messed up several of the main quests when he used his Unique Skill which slaughtered Gods, Demons and Dragons alike. Arisa was actually nerfed cause of the events in her kingdom. The Undead King even hints that "Gods" nerf anyone who show too much power that's why it's best he doesn't identify himself as a hero and let the people do the math. Also my point still stands cause there are cutscenes that you can actually fight the boss but you can't defeat them cause they always retain a small amount of HP despite your effort to overdamage them. Also, what if that Cutscene Boss could disarm you like when you were equipped with your best weapon cause this did happen one time to me that I lost an Epic Weapon once cause I tried to kill a Cutscene Boss early. Newer RPGs rarely have this scenarios. Satou even says this is just like the old RPGs for Consoles and even more like a game than that previous dungeon and he even was mad when he was trapped in an endless Shadow Prison when he didn't follow the Undead King's Quest Path. Undead King insisting on rules like clearing the Cradle before reaching the top, dismissing Satou's negotiations, able to kidnap a character despite facing a super high level player, hints of a rare drop when defeating him, teleporting players regardless of level if they didn't meet the quest requirements, buffs both sides of the field, doesn't die when hit with a unique skill are all telltale signs that he cannot be bested till you finish his event. That's what a Cutscene Boss is.
DarkwindJRMar 6, 2018 4:01 AM
Mar 6, 2018 8:14 AM

Oct 2010
This episode felt like a bland SAO fan-fiction. Dropped.
Mar 11, 2018 11:18 AM
Oct 2007
Gaiking said:
I liked Death March at first ..

I like the base idea that a game developer who is being hard at work got "teleported" into the game that he was working on, yet at the same time that world is not quite similar. Up until now, there's no more link anymore and that was disappointing. I like the game element stuffs like the resistance or titles pop-up.

Anything other that, it's either you like or don't like and I can understand why this is perfectly catered to the Japanese market though. I wished they could have either pushed the show more by adding ecchi (which will result in viewers like me to not even pick up in the first place) or remove some of the harem aspects.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2018 10:30 AM

Jun 2013
I was waiting these episodes...Lich and the Labyrinth....Here....We...Go....
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Mar 14, 2018 11:00 PM

May 2015
Emeth hace golems sabor durazno ahora?
Mar 23, 2018 5:53 PM
Jun 2017
Satou personality So boring cause he won't use his full power and It's all because the power of plot Lv 300+ struggle against Lv 41
Mar 31, 2018 6:44 AM

Dec 2014
because MC wants to not show his full strength a little girl got kidnapped.....

-_-

Mar 31, 2018 8:48 AM

Oct 2013
I enjoyed the manga, though it wasn't anything special so I was hoping for at least a mediocre show I could enjoy... Unfortunately, this series was bad. Execution was poor, maybe limited by a low budget but that doesn't excuse the terribly written script. The episodes were crafted more to make sure it included certain events rather than be a coherent story with pace or even rising action. The animation was choppy at times, and the art wasn't great so you couldn't even enjoy the fanservice. What a mess...
Aug 18, 2018 11:56 AM

Dec 2012
He's come for Mia.
Nadi booty on that couch.
He took Mia.
We .hack now.
We SAO now.
Dat kiss.
Hello there. 3 waifu's have appeared. Triplets?
Dat oppai bounce and jiggle.
They are homunculus.
Dat punch. She not having kids.
Satou called her a beauty.
Dat oppai.
More waifu's have appeared.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 3, 2018 5:12 AM
Jun 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesnt he already have the Hero title? Didnt he get it when he faced the Demon Lord in the last dungeon? If so this next fight is very redundant and could have been skipped if Satou had just let Zen know about his Hero title.
Jan 19, 2019 7:09 PM

Jun 2015
wait what in the hell just happened
Jul 31, 2019 8:05 AM

Sep 2012
Ryan_Valentino said:
Satou personality So boring cause he won't use his full power and It's all because the power of plot Lv 300+ struggle against Lv 41

testamentKAISER said:

-_-

he has bearly any spells and no spells suited for indoor fights, hes few low lvl spells that he has could kill them all indoors, did u not see the explusion hes fireshot did if he use it in doors they would all be dead expect not the skeleton dude

Jul 31, 2019 8:26 AM

Dec 2014
Sugram22 said:
Ryan_Valentino said:

testamentKAISER said:

-_-

he has bearly any spells and no spells suited for indoor fights, hes few low lvl spells that he has could kill them all indoors, did u not see the explusion hes fireshot did if he use it in doors they would all be dead expect not the skeleton dude

Yeah.... But his skills are not limited to spellcasting. Iirc. (I actually forgot this anime, hmm more than a year ago.)
Jul 31, 2019 8:32 AM

Sep 2012
testamentKAISER said:
Sugram22 said:

Yeah.... But his skills are not limited to spellcasting. Iirc. (I actually forgot this anime, hmm more than a year ago.)

but only thing that seem to work vs him was magic and special magical wep
Sugram22Jul 31, 2019 11:32 PM
Mar 2, 2020 5:04 AM

Jan 2011
What the fuck even is this episode?
Apr 23, 2020 9:21 PM

Feb 2018
Another dungeon? It's a dungeon? Idk, lol.
Mar 21, 2021 11:18 AM

Sep 2012
dryads victim lol
Jun 5, 2022 12:45 PM

Aug 2018
Em.. Ok.. So this is training place for Elfs?.. Made by someone.. Hm.. Is needing princess related to this place?.. Like she's needed for it somehow?..
Sep 8, 2022 8:35 AM

Apr 2013
Sato should really invest in more combat skills, for level 310 he seems quite weak.
Jul 23, 2023 7:00 PM

Oct 2022
I mean I get it... You're trying to hide your power for some wierd reason but it's kinda pathetic trying to look weak in front of a level 41 undead when your level is fricking 310.
UndefeatedBahamut
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2018

146 by RamonDehon »»
Mar 16, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2018

122 by lostinursheets »»
Mar 13, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2018

144 by Forum »»
Feb 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2018

269 by KinjiKido »»
Jan 28, 3:09 AM

» Isekai Animes are going to start needing Bechdel Tests

Talamare - Nov 8, 2023

14 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jan 26, 12:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.