Forum Settings
Forums

Characters that everyone loves, but you don't

New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 27, 2018 4:14 AM

Jan 2013
Nerfpitou said:
Rem. Her complete personality change and falling in love with Subaru for no reason was pure bullshit.

What is it with all these HxH fangirls with Killua on their favorites list hating on Rem? Did you have a fucking meeting or something?
Ok, so you don't think her personality change was ideal. And that makes her your most hated character in all of anime? What in the fuck?
You also made your account 2 weeks ago and decided this was the thing you wanted to use your second forum post on. I mean come on.
Feb 27, 2018 4:22 AM
Jul 2018
It has to be Saitama. He is overpowered to the point when the character is just simply boring and will always win no matter what cuz that's just how he is designed. Also the source of his powers is irrelevant. The show does its job as a comedy/parody but i just find his stupidity unfunny.
Feb 27, 2018 4:26 AM
Feb 2018
Tsundere who in fate stay night unlimited blade works lazy to mention her name she 1000% sucks.
#edited
newuser_nameMar 1, 2018 11:46 AM
sorry my profile photo is not me and Almeera is not my real name and my real name is meri. I'm sorry for lying, I'm sorry
Feb 27, 2018 4:28 AM
Jul 2018
SithSteel said:
I do not like Midoriya Izuku. Like, at all. I don't hate him or anything, but I find it impossible to really care about him as a character. For me, My Hero Academia's secondary characters are more interesting than Midoriya. Although, I don't really care for Todoroki either and I hate Bakugo.
Yeah its like "we created a lot of interesting characters with unique quirks, but we are going to make the crybaby boy with the most plain, unoriginal, cliche power, the main guy"
Feb 27, 2018 5:55 AM

Nov 2016
L
tony tony chopper
Luffy
Yuno
Chitoge
Tsunayoshi Sawada (hitman reborn)
Feb 27, 2018 7:53 AM

Jun 2015
kisb said:
L
tony tony chopper
Luffy
Yuno
Chitoge
Tsunayoshi Sawada (hitman reborn)

I love how you just ignored the discourse happening above your posts and posted this lmao

Feb 27, 2018 8:45 AM

Nov 2008
Levi_Ackerman_10 said:
Mikaela hyakuya from Owari no seraph

I SWEAR to God, I am like the only fan on MAL who prefers YUU. XD

Mika is.....meh.

Feb 27, 2018 8:47 AM

Jul 2014
kajquo said:
SithSteel said:
I do not like Midoriya Izuku. Like, at all. I don't hate him or anything, but I find it impossible to really care about him as a character. For me, My Hero Academia's secondary characters are more interesting than Midoriya. Although, I don't really care for Todoroki either and I hate Bakugo.
Yeah its like "we created a lot of interesting characters with unique quirks, but we are going to make the crybaby boy with the most plain, unoriginal, cliche power, the main guy"

Amen to that. The fact that he analyzes and talks during fights as if we're in a sports anime also annoys me.
Feb 27, 2018 8:51 AM
Jul 2018
I think Izaya Orihara is one of the worst characters in anime. He’s truly the definition of a “sucky, uninteresting edgelord” who has no semblance of a “backstory”. Despite how much screentime he gets I want to punch him in the face and I think the setting would be better without him. Shizuo is also massively overrated and I find him to be bland in every aspect, only when he’s supported by Varona do I foster any respect for him. Izaya, however, is just bad. The two most “popular” characters in that series also happen to be the worst, and they’re not attractive looking to boot. Too bad because I like most of the series itself sans the elements that I dislike and the setting is awesome. Mikado also sucks.

Lelouch is also pretty bad and edgy. God, the fact that these two are so highly ranked in MALs popularity makes me want to puke.
I have had yet to find anyone who dislikes Izaya for the exact same reasons I do, but if you exist, please speak up. People do dislike him, just not as much as I hate his sheer existence and want him to die as a character.
removed-userFeb 28, 2018 6:52 AM
Feb 27, 2018 9:23 AM

Oct 2017
-Bakugou Katsuki (I get pissed off by him more than I probably should haha).
-Hanekawa Tsubasa (I just really dislike her sometimes, except when she’s Tsubasa Cat).
-Shintani Hinata (I don’t know if others necessarily liked him, but I absolutely hate this guy in Maid-Sama).
-Esdeath (I’m not a big fan of her, and I also liked the whole Mine and Tatsumi thing so it didn’t help her case. But hey she’s a cool villain I guess).
Feb 27, 2018 10:16 AM

Jul 2013
Sakky2213 said:
-Esdeath (I’m not a big fan of her, and I also liked the whole Mine and Tatsumi thing so it didn’t help her case. But hey she’s a cool villain I guess).
Well, she's definetely a cool villain for sure, she uses ice after all....
Feb 27, 2018 12:11 PM

Oct 2015
Nagito Komaeda - I can't see his appeal honestly. His philosophy (if you can even call it that) relies on the abstract concept of hope and despair (which is repeated for the entirety of the show and it annoys the hell out of me) that isn't even well defined. He isn't well written, they just gave him this one quirk (being obsessed with hope) and act as if he's a complex character when he's really not. I'm down for the show establishing a simple character with well defined characteristics, what I don't like is when they pretend to be more than what they are. The guy is also very irritating and comes off as arrogant.

@vegeta8639 For your own sake, try not to get offended at every different opinion you might come across. Being offended at every little thing will tire you out in no time. Not to mention you sound like an asshole

Feb 27, 2018 12:27 PM

Oct 2015
Hifumi Takimoto from New Game!

I just find all other girls from the series to be superior in both personality and cuteness. And she barely gets any screentime in season 2!!

Stepped out from the darkness I contained in me.
Released myself form the shackles I helped create.

I've got the power of life in my hands,
and I intend to keep it.

My life has meaning after all.

Feb 27, 2018 12:28 PM

Jan 2017
I still like this character but Yuki Nagato is one of the weaker Haruhi Suzumiya characters same with Sakura Kyoko from Modaka Magica

Anyway of characters I dislike: Yuno Gasai [Mirai Nikki], Makoto Naegi [Danganronpa], Kanna, Elma, Kobayashi [Kobayashi's Dragon Maid], Kyou and Tomoya [Clannad]

If you're wondering why Yuno is on this list, that's because I've seen a lot of summary videoes on Mirai Nikki but I don't think I should add it to my mal
Feb 27, 2018 12:45 PM
Aug 2015
Bakugou from "My Hero Academia"
Juuzou and Tsukiyama from "Tokyo Ghoul"
Yuno Gasai from "Mirai Nikki"
Emiya Kiritsugu and Kotomine Kirei from "Fate/Zero/Stay Night"
Light Yagami from "Death Note"
Akane Tsunemori from "Psycho Pass"
Feb 27, 2018 1:15 PM
Feb 2009
THEALMIGHTYGUY said:
"The only one who can sniff subaru-kun is me"- rem

Agreed. I hate both Subaru and Rem the ultimate waifu
Feb 27, 2018 1:23 PM
Apr 2017
kirito
asuna
taiga
kaneki
senjougahara
holo
araragi
kanade
inori
nagato
hinata
sakura
Feb 27, 2018 1:23 PM

Jan 2017
FMmatron said:
I don't hate these characters,but I think they don't deserve their popularity.

Kirito
Zero Two
Saitama
Natsu
Toosaka Rin(no I haven't played the VN)
Yuzuriha Inori

I agreed with you, about Zero Tow I think she is a normal character and don't deserve this attention about hers,but Kirito and saitama do
Feb 27, 2018 1:37 PM

Sep 2017
Not to be offensive, but what's so appealing about Rem?
Why is she loved by the anime community?
Feb 27, 2018 1:41 PM

Nov 2016
Zain-san said:
FMmatron said:
I don't hate these characters,but I think they don't deserve their popularity.

Kirito
Zero Two
Saitama
Natsu
Toosaka Rin(no I haven't played the VN)
Yuzuriha Inori

I agreed with you, about Zero Tow I think she is a normal character and don't deserve this attention about hers,but Kirito and saitama do

Well,they're MC's in extremely popular shows,guess it can't be helped.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 27, 2018 1:45 PM

Jun 2010
Probably Taiga from Toradora, I see everyone idolizing her, but to me she's just a violent little girl.
Feb 27, 2018 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
light yagami and L lawliet from death note for me
Feb 27, 2018 2:06 PM
May 2017
Reina_Orikasa said:
Taiga
22k favorites right behind Rem.

Shitty personality + midget + flat + tsundere = Taiga. Jesus fuck it made me so mad that she won tbh worst girl by far... but you know clichés too strong
Feb 27, 2018 2:12 PM

Nov 2011
Not that everyone loves them- but I rarely see anyone else who dislikes them. I can't stand Yukio from blue exorcist or Kou Mabuchi from blue spring ride.

Feb 27, 2018 2:13 PM
Jun 2017
Asuna. She's so plain.

Oh and Asuka (NGE). She's overbearing
Feb 27, 2018 2:36 PM
Jul 2018
zieek said:
1.L from "Death Note"
2.Edward Eric from "Fullmetal Alchemist"
3.Okabe Rintarou from "Steins;Gate"
4.Uzumaki Naruto form "naruto"

What did Edward ever do to you? *sadface*
Feb 27, 2018 3:02 PM

Aug 2017
ken kaneki. i can't stand that fucker
Feb 27, 2018 3:08 PM

Jan 2016
He's 125-ish on the most favourited characters list so I guess he counts... but Subaru from Re:Zero. He's just a self-insert, sometimes cringey sometimes uncharacteristically mature inconsistent character, and he makes terrible choices many times.
Feb 27, 2018 5:01 PM

Jul 2016
Mihawke: Has a crappy fight with Zoro and beat Don Krieg. Who cares?
Zoro: The most boring One Piece protagonist by a long shot.
Shanks: Never has done anything.
Rob Lucci: Most boring and generic One Piece villain, should've been Spandam.
Portgas D. Ace: Has done very little, and he is an asshole to Luffy in the flashback anyway.

Trunks: Mary sue from the future who's strong because plot says so.
Android 18: Shouldn't have got redemption for what she did.
Android 17: Same as 18 come DB Super. Why does Goku even remember him?
Jiren: The character is outright supposed to be boring.
Broly: A terrible motivation and no personality. Bio Broly also exists and is an abomination.
Kale: Female Broly? Just make Broly canon at this point, I don't even care.

Killua: Takes over 50 episodes for him to lose a fight. He is an insanely edgy asshole who gets away with way too much than he should be able to. Really terrible generic design made to appeal to young girls.
Gon: Advertised as the main character but is just an irrelevant sidekick to Killua. He is the embodiment of Shonen cliches. He is obsessed with his father who hates him for no good reason.
Leorio: Unfunny comic relief who adds nothing and is somehow credited as a main character despite vanishing after 25 episodes.
Chrollo Lucifer: He did finally get some screen time in the manga where he comes back, but the anime version of this character is such an anti climax, as most villains are in Hunter X Hunter.
Illumi: He casually vanishes at the end of the Hunter Exam arc for one of the biggest anti climaxes I have seen in anime, never to appear in anything beyond cameos again and never giving closure to his character.

Light: Too evil to ever sympathize with as a protagonist, but not enjoying anything he does as a villain so I can't enjoy him as a villain either.
Misa: I hate yanderes.

Lelouch: Largely the same as Light.

Maes Hughes: No idea why people are so obsessed with this random one note gag character. He's extremely irrelevant and doesn't have personality traits other than his gag.

Naruto: Intentionally made to be annoying.

Alucard: More overpowered than Goku, Goku is a lot more capable of losing. As a character he is okay but he has no reason to obey his boss.

Gilgamesh: So overpowered he brings the ending of Fate/Zero to a close with no tension because word of god says so. After that in Fate/Stay Night, he is kind of a bitch to Kirei and dresses like a tween. There are any positive elements of the character but it needs serious work, and he is the most marketed character after Saber.
Rin: I hate tsunderes.

Ash: Not sure how popular he is, but he's an incompetent moron who refuses to develop over the course of a literal thousand episodes.

Mako Mankanshoku: Annoying hyperactive comic relief that doesn't know when to stop bombarding my face.
Feb 27, 2018 6:07 PM

Jul 2017
Asuka from Neon genesis evengalien. I hate her so nuch
Feb 27, 2018 6:11 PM
May 2016
I hate Rem from Re:Zero. I personally like every girl over her, Ram, Emilia, Beatrice... they're all better than Rem will ever be. :p
Feb 27, 2018 6:34 PM
TMNT Lover

Oct 2017
There aren't truly any characters I hate...except for ones everyone does, like Shimoneta. But I guess the closest negative feelings I have for a main character is one for Tohru, in Ms. Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. Her personality wasn't awful and she had several sweet moments, but the fact that she constantly acted dumb in human situations which do not take much comprehension to understand, and even carelessly used her powers in the open despite all the terror that's been caused in the past for doing this, just doesn't seem believable and makes me become annoyed with her. Especially when she tries to get Ms. Kobayashi to eat her tail....*shudders*
Feb 27, 2018 6:48 PM

Mar 2016
Nas said:
Why do people love Pingu so much

(yes I resurrected that fucking dead meme, now shoot me dead)
but pingu was living on in our hearts
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Feb 27, 2018 6:49 PM

May 2016
Every character from Madoka Magica.
Feb 27, 2018 6:57 PM

Sep 2010
Mine would easily would have to be Robo-kun from Shit.Zero...I mean Kaizuka Inaho from Aldnoah.Zero. Even more bland and uninteresting than those ecchi/harem protagonists.

Also Shiki from Togainu no Chi just looking at him makes me want to punch my monitor.

All the guys from DiaLovers

Other than that all the other characters I really hate pretty much either half the fandom hates them or we all do. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Feb 27, 2018 8:31 PM

Aug 2017
Roloko said:
Mine would easily would have to be Robo-kun from Shit.Zero...I mean Kaizuka Inaho from Aldnoah.Zero. Even more bland and uninteresting than those ecchi/harem protagonists.

Also Shiki from Togainu no Chi just looking at him makes me want to punch my monitor.

All the guys from DiaLovers

Other than that all the other characters I really hate pretty much either half the fandom hates them or we all do. xD

The only thing I liked about Inaho was his love for eggs, other then that he didn't have anything for me to like him, he didn't have any personality what am I supposed to like about him? (=_=)
Feb 27, 2018 8:33 PM

Feb 2010
Light from death note.
god complex assholes are usually awful there are i think two exceptions i like which are Blank form no game no life and Accelerator (only because he becomes less god complex after getting served humble pie.)
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 27, 2018 10:28 PM
Jul 2018
I really really hate Nagisa from Clannad, i felt really happy when she

Feb 27, 2018 10:35 PM

Jul 2017
Senjougahara, I don't get why people like her so much, she personality isn't that great and (as far as I've seen) doesn't contribute much to the story except for being Araragi's girlfriend and being ultra defensive of him
Feb 27, 2018 10:40 PM

Oct 2017
1. Lelouch Lamperouge
2. Gon Freecs
3. Killua Zoldyck
4. L Lawliet
5. Near
6. Meliodas
7. Elizabeth Liones
8. Diane
9. Alluka
10. Every Character from No Game No Life
DrumbottleFeb 27, 2018 10:53 PM
Feb 27, 2018 10:46 PM
Super Saiyan

May 2017
I can't stand Mikasa (Attack on Titan) and think she is really cringe and annoying and she ruins pretty much every scene she is in, not to mention that she is completely overpowered. But yet everyone seems to love her.
Feb 27, 2018 10:49 PM

Nov 2017
Rei from Evangelion I don't get why people like her so much she is a good character but not that good.
Feb 27, 2018 10:57 PM

Aug 2015
Saber. She's so dump - a perfect couple for dumb Shirou.
Feb 27, 2018 10:58 PM

Dec 2014
Rem. I don't really hate her, she's just a trash ass character tbh.
Feb 27, 2018 11:47 PM

Jun 2017
top 50
1. Erza Scarlet - Fairy Trash
2. Taiga - Toradora
3. Kirito - Sword art Online

More:
Banri from Golden Time
Suzaku from Code Geass
Yuikina from Strike The Blood

Feb 28, 2018 12:48 AM

Jan 2018
zieek said:
1.L from "Death Note"
2.Edward Eric from "Fullmetal Alchemist"
3.Okabe Rintarou from "Steins;Gate"
4.Uzumaki Naruto form "naruto"

Removing number 3 cause I haven't watch it yet, this is pretty accurate for my experience.
Feb 28, 2018 12:53 AM

Jan 2013
Let's talk about Sasuke... He's a bratty son of a bitch who doesn't give a damn about others but people are still like "OMG SASKE IS THA BEST CHARAVER EVAAA"

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Feb 28, 2018 3:27 AM

Aug 2017
HighYoshi said:
I can't stand Mikasa (Attack on Titan) and think she is really cringe and annoying and she ruins pretty much every scene she is in, not to mention that she is completely overpowered. But yet everyone seems to love her.

I don't particularly like Mikasa either but maybe because it's hard to get by a kuudere female character who is so damn overpowered.
Feb 28, 2018 3:35 AM

Apr 2016
Yang Wenli in LoGH. I don't hate him, just find him normal while fans love him a lot.

Nanachi in Made in Abyss. Same reason as above, I don't hate her but I just can't seem to find anything interesting in her.
Feb 28, 2018 4:21 AM

Dec 2013
CzeroC said:
Yang Wenli in LoGH. I don't hate him, just find him normal while fans love him a lot.

It is truly saddening to see a fellow duct tape enthusiast dissing the best LOGH character ;_;

For me, I hate Shizuo Heiwajima from Durarara. His temper shtick got old real fast for me.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 2 hours ago

11 by Zettaiken »»
2 minutes ago

» Have you ever divorced your waifu? (ex-waifu) ( 1 2 )

EndlessMaria - Aug 12, 2022

50 by mizukasa »»
2 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

23 by mizukasa »»
6 minutes ago

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Apr 21

42 by KitsuFrost »»
10 minutes ago

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - 4 hours ago

17 by AMBITZZ »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.