Forum Settings
Forums

What anime adaptation would you want, if you could have any?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 21, 2018 3:31 AM

Nov 2017
Real Account would make for a good adaptation
Feb 21, 2018 3:31 AM

Aug 2014
Trails in the sky FC and SC. Give it to me!
Feb 21, 2018 3:37 AM

Feb 2017
I want Homunculus to be animated by Madhouse and directed by the same guy who direct Monster. That would be perfect

Also Yotsubato by Kinema Citrus
ReeeiFeb 21, 2018 7:10 AM
Feb 21, 2018 4:48 AM

Oct 2017
Pluto by Naoki Urasawa and it must be directed by Kojima Masayuki I'm not sure on studio maybe Madhouse or Bones
Feb 21, 2018 4:54 AM

Jan 2016
It was definitely Mushoku Tensei.

Re: Zero Arc 4.

Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria

D-Frag! S2

Horimiya
Feb 21, 2018 5:34 AM

Jan 2017
Definitely Oyasumi Punpun.
Or any of Asano Inio's works actually, most of them are top-notch. I think that Shaft could really give life to Asano's masterpieces.
a short OVA of Omoide Emanon ould be nice too
Feb 21, 2018 5:37 AM

Jan 2017
Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku - the rest of the VNs
Mahou Shoujo of the end
Dead tube
Cage of Eden with an original ending

Maybe get Netflix air time for them as some contain elements that can't really be sown on Japanese TV.
Feb 21, 2018 5:41 AM
Jul 2017

Madhouse? Eh... I'll let KyoAni handle it anytime now. But, I see your point in choosing Madhouse but I need to convey the cuteness of character with KyoAni style
"To rule the time is to control the world" - Amane Suzuha
Feb 21, 2018 5:42 AM

Aug 2015
Takemitsuzamurai adapted by the same animation team behind Ping Pong would be brilliant.
Feb 21, 2018 5:48 AM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
Full uncensored adaptation of Nozoki Ana and
Johnnyd3rp said:
The Voynich Hotel

Feb 21, 2018 5:49 AM
Jul 2017
Let see... an adaptation of Grand Blue (I've heard it's announced) hopefully by Trigger and A-1 Picture or Madhouse with a little help of Studio Deen

An adaptation of Criminale by Trigger or Bones or both

An adaptation of Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Sunozen by Kyoto Animation, A-1 Pictures, or Madhouse

Oyasumi Punpun by Shaft and Kinema Citrus (Absurdity and griminess are both of these two have in common)

A full adaptation of Henshin (or Metamorphose)... I know it's hentai but hey, I've never cried and thought of my life decision that hard for a hentai manga. I would like to see an adaptation of it. Well, at least the final chapter will do. Done by any studio who's willing to stay faithful to the manga to the very end

An actual adaptation of Horimiya! For fuck sake, I don't want the OVA, I want a real adaptation. Adaptation to at least chapter 50 to 60 will do. Full adaptation is appreciated. A-1 or KyoAni. No other studio should handle it. Oh, wait, P. A Works could do.

Adaptation of Komi-san wa Komyushou desu. Make the VA of Shinimiya Shouko do the heroine voiceover. Handled by Kyoto Animation or A-1

Bonnouji by Studio Deen (The manga doesn't have a great art so throwing Kyoto Animation or A-1 Picture here is kinda a wasteful effort) Deen makes the perfect simplistic comedical art

Naru-NaruFeb 21, 2018 5:57 AM
"To rule the time is to control the world" - Amane Suzuha
Feb 21, 2018 6:02 AM

Apr 2017
Yotsubato
Solanin
Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction
Vinland Saga
Dorohedoro (DOPE Sick OST)
Ran to Haiiro no Sekai
Golden Kamuy
Pluto (Wait till 2020)
Takemitsuzamurai

Novel

DESPERA

Original

Sex and Violence with Machspeed by Imaishi
Penguinbear

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Feb 21, 2018 6:15 AM
Jul 2018
Why is there no G-senjou no Maou adaptation yet?
Feb 21, 2018 6:20 AM

Apr 2016
A Vagabond adaptation would be great, the story isn't too complicated, it's just that they need to handle the pacing while keeping the protagonist's inner thoughts, quite a challenge.
Feb 21, 2018 6:30 AM

Dec 2015
Hirunaka no Ryuusei
Hyouryuu Kyoushitsu
Omoide Emanon
Shurayuki-hime
Nobunaga no Chef
Chang Ge Xing

xx0:44 β”€πŸ”˜β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€ 04:44x
β—€ xxxxxxxxx ❚❚ xxxxxxxxx β–Ίxxxx
Feb 21, 2018 6:45 AM

Nov 2016
https://myanimelist.net/manga/12586/Eden_no_Ori
needs a much better ending.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Feb 21, 2018 6:50 AM

Apr 2017
I would say dungeon seeker with goblin seeker getting an anime adaptation i can wait for SK to get one as well
Also drops of god

"Life and death have been in love,
For longer than we have words to describe,
Life sends countless gifts to death,
And death keeps them forever."

Feb 21, 2018 7:04 AM
Feb 2018
1. Sono Mukou to Mukougawa (There, Beyond and Beyond)
2. Aka no Sekai
3. Tasogare Monogatari (Dusk Story)
Honestly, those three mangas are severely underrated.
Feb 21, 2018 7:08 AM
Mar 2017
Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu

Definitely gonna be a hit
Feb 21, 2018 7:12 AM

May 2017
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Vento Aureo
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7: Steel Ball Run
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion

and Gunnm, i need more than two terribles ovas, like 24 chapters in two seasons or a movie, a good anime movie no that shit with Rosa Salazar.
skull90Feb 21, 2018 7:25 AM
    CARP 9/12/18 Eterno
Feb 21, 2018 7:14 AM

Dec 2013
Definitely vento aureo, it's one of my favorite jojo parts and I think it would be fun to see it animated
For studio I wouldn't care too much but it'd likely be DP
Feb 21, 2018 7:56 AM

Aug 2015
A two-hour movie for https://myanimelist.net/manga/44167/Gekkou would be ultra-awesome. Shaft is the way to go here, because of the lots and lots of witty word-fights.

Oregairu's conclusion when the novel is finished
Feb 21, 2018 8:17 AM

Jul 2015
Warhammer 40k Gaunts ghosts or Ciaphas Cain by Ufo table.
Feb 21, 2018 8:27 AM

Jun 2014
Anime adaption of https://myanimelist.net/manga/70363/Isekai_Mahou_wa_Okureteru would be great if done right.
Feb 21, 2018 8:27 AM
Dec 2015
Definitely mostly manga that I have ever read :

Kimetsu no Yaiba - WIT Studio/Shaft/MAPPA/Madhouse
Enen no Shouboutai - Bones
Fumetsu no Anata e - WIT Studio/Artland
Dr Stone - Bones/Madhouse
Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai (We Never Learn) - JC Staff/Dogakobo
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai - Shaft/JC Staff
Maoujou de Oyasumi - JC Staff/Shaft
Tongari Boushi no Atelier - Trigger
Kishuku Gakkou no Juliet - JC Staff
Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. - JC Staff/Silverlink
Dungeon Meshi - Any studio with big budget
Shinazu no Ryouken - Bones
Otoyomegatari - WIT Studio/Production I.G./JC Staff
Smokin' Parade - Studio 3Hz
Yakusoku no Neverland - WIT Studio/MAPPA/Madhouse
Übel Blatt - Madhouse/Geno/MAPPA
Helck - Any studio with big budget
Vinland Saga - Production I.G./WIT Studio/Bones
Innocent - Madhouse/Production I.G
Kasane - Shaft/Madhouse/Science Saru
Jagaaaaaan - MAPPA/Madhouse
Dorohedoro - Science Saru
Historie - Any studio with big budget
Stravaganza: Isai no Hime - MAPPA
To The Abandoned Sacred Beast - WIT Studio
Tomodachi Game - MAPPA
Happiness - Any studio with big budget
Yuusha ga Shinda! - JC Staff
Kuzumi-kun, Kuuki Yometemasu ka? - Silverlink/Lerche
Mattaku Saikin no Tantei to Kitara - Any studio with big budget

For Light Novel :
Infinite Dendrogram - A1 Pictures
86 - Sunrise
The Faraway Paladin - Production I.G./WIT Studio
Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign - JC STaff/Madhouse
Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - JC STaff
Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken - White Fox
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Feb 21, 2018 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
CzeroC said:
A Vagabond adaptation would be great, the story isn't too complicated, it's just that they need to handle the pacing while keeping the protagonist's inner thoughts, quite a challenge.

Can't see an anime where it would do justice to the incredible art but who knows.

_demonpox said:
Definitely Oyasumi Punpun.
Or any of Asano Inio's works actually, most of them are top-notch. I think that Shaft could really give life to Asano's masterpieces.
a short OVA of Omoide Emanon ould be nice too

Think Solanin is the most suitable out of all those, Punpun relies a lot on visual storytelling with panel transitions which would be incredibly hard to pull off..

Mirai said:
Fate/extra CCC. I just really like Melt's, Lip's & BB's designs too much.

Tennouji said:

Subarashiki Hibi just because for my waifu.

Also this ^

You got the budget subahibi for that kek https://myanimelist.net/anime/5569/Tsui_no_Sora?q=tsui%20n
Feb 21, 2018 8:46 AM

Nov 2012
Lord_Sithis said:

Because there is no satisfying way to adapt that (shitty) plot twist from Haru route in animation.
Feb 21, 2018 8:48 AM

Aug 2016
Studio Ghibli (or Ponoc now I guess, but Miyazaki is of course preferred) adapting a Discworld novel. Preferably one that's lighter on the satire and the really flashy magic, like The Amazing Maurice
coenraedFeb 21, 2018 8:52 AM

Dec 2017
Doki Doki Literature Club

Legend of Zelda

Nier Automata

and...Kingdom Hearts(impossible but stil want one).
Jul 2018
SuperRed said:
Lord_Sithis said:

Because there is no satisfying way to adapt that (shitty) plot twist from Haru route in animation.

lol finally someone said it, still think they can pull it off though

HiImAdi said:
Doki Doki Literature Club

Legend of Zelda

Nier Automata

and...Kingdom Hearts(impossible but stil want one).

If an anime adaptation isn't possible, it's ddlc since it wokrs because of the medium precisely.
Feb 21, 2018 9:07 AM

Apr 2016
Frostbytes said:
Can't see an anime where it would do justice to the incredible art but who knows.

Art isn't the only great thing about Vagabond. They can change the style but as long as the plot and character remain intact then I'm good to go. I think I can come up with a few studios that might get the job done but forget it they all gone now.
Feb 21, 2018 9:07 AM
Dec 2017
Oyasumi Punpun, I'm reading it at the moment and it's interesting. Unfortunately it's very unlikely this will get an anime adaptation ever, because of the themes and the art style.

The other would be Katawa Shoujo, my first visual novel. Altough it might not be special, the characters grew to my heart and I would love to see it animated. But because it's fanmade and not japanese, it won't get adapted either.
Feb 21, 2018 9:10 AM
Jul 2018
CzeroC said:
Frostbytes said:

Art isn't the only great thing about Vagabond. They can change the style but as long as the plot and character remain intact then I'm good to go. I think I can come up with a few studios that might get the job done but forget it they all gone now.

Yeah but I am saying about one particular aspect of it, if one of it's strong points is ruined, it can lead to much less enjoyment like Kingdom(which followed the story more or less, but the CGI kinda ruined it).
Feb 21, 2018 10:03 AM

Mar 2013
I'd watch the hell out of all of these if they had good anime adaptations.

Manga:
Cyboy
Mars
Kyou, Koi wo hajimemasu
Koizora
Bitter Virgin
Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan
Zankoku na Kami ga Shihai suru
Strobe Edge

Books:
Sherlock Holmes
Game of Thrones
The Infernal Devices

Games:
Tekken
Mystic Messenger

Webtoons:
Save Me
An Uncomfortable Truth
Feb 21, 2018 4:02 PM

Feb 2017
coenraed said:
Studio Ghibli (or Ponoc now I guess, but Miyazaki is of course preferred) adapting a Discworld novel. Preferably one that's lighter on the satire and the really flashy magic, like The Amazing Maurice

I'm very new to the discworld novels (only read the first two) but a work with that setting done in a ghibli-esque style is an excellent idea.
Feb 21, 2018 4:04 PM
Oct 2015
RnDNEET021 said:
Yotsubato
Solanin
Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction
Vinland Saga
Dorohedoro (DOPE Sick OST)
Ran to Haiiro no Sekai
Golden Kamuy
Pluto (Wait till 2020)
Takemitsuzamurai

Novel

DESPERA

Original

Sex and Violence with Machspeed by Imaishi
Penguinbear

Golden Kamuy is getting an anime in April. https://myanimelist.net/anime/36028/Golden_Kamuy
Feb 21, 2018 4:19 PM
Feb 2012
As much as I would like an adaption of Holyland, I don't think it would work very well.
So instead I'll choose Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan. Since it's a fairly short and contained story I think it would do well as a 1.5 to 2 hour movie.
I have no idea which studio or director I'd give it to since I haven't seen anything like it adapted to anime. That might of course just be because the range of anime I've watched is limited. If anyone do know of a show or movie like it, do tell.
Feb 21, 2018 9:43 PM

Apr 2016
Give me my damn Namaikizakari anime. Easily JC staff or Bones for that one.
2D > 3D
Feb 21, 2018 11:26 PM

May 2016
Danganronpa 2. The worst part is that it was going to be animated but they changed the idea with the shitty Danganronpa 3 anime.
Feb 22, 2018 2:06 AM

Dec 2015
Gungrave Overdose for sure.

Or a REAL quality Berserk anime.
"Who wouldn't want to be like me? Handsome and free like a bird in a tree! Badaboom!"
Feb 22, 2018 10:10 AM
Dec 2017
Chrthiel said:
As much as I would like an adaption of Holyland, I don't think it would work very well.
So instead I'll choose Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan. Since it's a fairly short and contained story I think it would do well as a 1.5 to 2 hour movie.
I have no idea which studio or director I'd give it to since I haven't seen anything like it adapted to anime. That might of course just be because the range of anime I've watched is limited. If anyone do know of a show or movie like it, do tell.

Personally I don't think Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan needs to be adapteted. I've read the manga and it was excellent, yet short enough to read quickly. Also there's a korean live action movie, which I watched after reading, it's great too.
Feb 22, 2018 1:06 PM

Feb 2016
I definitely want an Anime for Yakusoku no Neverland. Maybe by Madhouse? I can imagine that. Besides that...
I actually wish adaptations especially for so many Shoujo Mangas.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Feb 23, 2018 5:26 AM

Jul 2017
I want an anime adaptation of Vagabond but the art should be done correctly.
Apr 28, 2020 9:22 AM

Oct 2018
I've never seen a newly and unceremoniously appointed dictator (who also happens to be adorable), as a premise for an anime... This would the opening scene to that anime.

10/10 would watch this.
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–€β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–‘β–ˆβ–€β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–„β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–€β–€β–€
β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–„β–„β–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–„β–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„
β–„β–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„β–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–€β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–€β–€β–ˆβ–„β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–€β–€β–‘β–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–„β–ˆβ–ˆ
Apr 28, 2020 1:30 PM

Mar 2019
Vagabond and berserk (I know berserk already has multiple anime adaptations but I mean a genuinely good one that it deserve)
Apr 28, 2020 2:31 PM

Jan 2019
I want one for Lady Baby. The manhwa art is soo pretty and the story is super fun to follow. Never going to happen but it'd be amazing.

animeanimeanime

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Don't you find the obsession with fictional characters in the anime community alarming? ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - May 10

106 by tchitchouan »»
10 minutes ago

» Brothers From Another Mother

Jackof-allspades - Dec 6, 2023

37 by LeonhartAugust »»
10 minutes ago

» Can your waifu handle the pressure of being best girl in her show?

Catalano - May 9

15 by LeonhartAugust »»
12 minutes ago

» Do you think your favorite characters can be friends?

Yonahim_Zz - May 9

40 by LeonhartAugust »»
14 minutes ago

» anime character you like but wouldn't invite to your birthday party / wedding?

lifesaver64 - 12 hours ago

17 by LeonhartAugust »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.