Forum Settings
Forums
Kiss Him, Not Me
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2018 9:27 PM

May 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Aww, what a great ending.

I'm really glad that Mutsumi ended up going to college in Kyoto, with Kae joining him after a year. It wouldn't have been fair if he stayed behind just for her.

I was half-expecting a wedding scene, not really expecting the sex scene but it was really sweet. Not sure if the hints about Nana + Shino meant anything or if it was just standard BL fanservice??? They don't really make sense as a couple anyway, it was always Nana + Iga that was teased. Shima is gorgeous as ever, after seven years. I liked that both she and Kae are working in the animanga industry now, great that they can have jobs they're really passionate about.

And OMG they named their kid Shion. I want to see more of Kae and Mutsumi's family, so cute...

Overall I give the manga a 7/10. Lots of fun and a satisfying romance arc, even if it did lose its way a bit in the middle. I wonder if the author will write more shoujo, or if she'll go back to doing BL stuff now?
Feb 14, 2018 5:52 AM

Feb 2014
It was lovely
Makes this Valentine day even more insufferable knowing I'll never get that happy end
“Villainy?” he interrupted. “My dear child, all that’s mere verbiage, prattle.
Nothing’s villainous if it causes an erection, and the single crime that exists in this world is to refuse anything that might produce a discharge.”
Feb 14, 2018 8:05 AM

Jan 2016
haha called it, Mutsumi is the only one that makes sense.
Feb 14, 2018 8:31 AM

Jul 2013
I've been waiting for this manga to end for a while now, but I'm still a bit sad about seeing it go.

I really liked the ending, and this was probably the most fitting ending for a crazy fujoshi saga like this.
Feb 14, 2018 1:55 PM

Feb 2013
Hahhahaha that ending, naming their child Shion, I'm crying- I was expecting a bit more of backstory on the others but oh well, it was satisfying enough as an ending
I need a NanaShino spin-off now
Feb 15, 2018 10:50 AM

Feb 2017
I really, really love Watashi ga Motete Dousunda, but honestly? This chapter was too forced.
It feels like mangaka lost interest in her own work but had no idea how to end it so she packed last chapter with things that would be cool if they didn't happen at the same time - engagement, first time, marriage and pregnancy.
Seeing all this stuff in one, rather short chapter makes me feel like I was cheated on. It's unfair that such a good manga ended in that awful way. I'm disappointed.
Mar 2, 2018 1:06 PM

Feb 2015
She would name her kid after an anime character. Whelp, predictable albeit sweet ending. Good nuff for me. Prefer this to shit that lasts waaaaaaaay to long.

7/10 : Way better than most shoujo, let alone shoujo harem.
Mar 3, 2018 11:54 AM
Mar 2015
One of the best endings to a manga that I have ever read In one chapter we get a proposal, first sex, graduation, a wedding , and a child
Mar 4, 2018 5:33 AM

Dec 2014
I really liked the ending truly was satisfying
May 2, 2018 8:24 PM

Jul 2012
Great ending!

Overall, I'm scoring this manga with a 7/10. It was an incredible ride, got some great laughs, we had not one but TWO great male romantic interests - usually shoujo manga only has one best boy, but this had Igarashi and Mutsumi! I was definitely rooting for Igarashi from the start to the middle but had to switch over to Mutsumi-senpai. He is just so caring and he loves her for who she is.

The last chapter was still full of laughs, ESPECIALLY that wedding! lol Glad this manga stuck true to what it was. I wanted to see Kae at the end with her family but oh well T_T

Some parts of this series really frustrated me, honestly. Like the plot after they got together... Where she got addicted to the new Mirage Saga or she wanted to hold him back from going to Kyoto. It's annoying to have Kae still being immature. But it's fine. I still enjoyed it overall and the comedic moments were A+

Looking forward to Junko's future works, now that we know she can do justice to both BL and Shoujo! ♥
May 11, 2018 3:55 AM

Jun 2011
A happy ending I guess, even though I wasn't that much of a fan of the senpai and Kae relationship, lol but thats just me being salty. Oh well, all's well that ends well.
May 14, 2018 5:30 PM
Dec 2013
annelora said:
I really, really love Watashi ga Motete Dousunda, but honestly? This chapter was too forced.
It feels like mangaka lost interest in her own work but had no idea how to end it so she packed last chapter with things that would be cool if they didn't happen at the same time - engagement, first time, marriage and pregnancy.
Seeing all this stuff in one, rather short chapter makes me feel like I was cheated on. It's unfair that such a good manga ended in that awful way. I'm disappointed.

I agree it was somewhat rushed and I didn't see that coming. I was hoping for another 10 or so chapters :/ really sad to see it go but I'm glad they got a happy ending!
May 27, 2018 10:17 AM

Aug 2014
good ending but crap everything else..
Oct 27, 2018 2:19 AM

Nov 2011
That... just felt incredibly rushed.
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Dec 21, 2018 8:18 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Solid ending to end the show!

Eventful finale chapter, to say the least, but it didn’t feel too rushed at any stage and that’s credits to the creator! Lots of hilarious and heartwarming episodes, it really did feel like the ideal finale Chapter to be frank!

Mutsumi-senpai ignoring, or maybe just goofing off, Kae during the train ride there got me a little worried but it was nice to see Kae take the initiative and support him to go for it! Lol at the moment she took out the marriage litter though, but it really goes to show she’s serious about all this. Mutsumi-senpai replying with the matching rings was so sweet to see, and the following unexpected sex scene likewise. Kae, then, deciding to go for the same University and just the whole scene was so very touching to see! Loved those shots featuring her during that one year and of the others too, one notable one that comes to mind is the return of Shinomiya’s parents! And then finally, the two reuniting again was very pleasing!

As for the whole marriage scene, great stuff! Kae reverting back to that form was hilarious to see but whatever the doctor says, right? Before all this though, lots of juicy details of the other characters: Nanashima and Shinomiya being roommates was no surprise, pleasing to see a bit of hints towards Igarashi x Nishina(who would’ve thought their roles would be reversed though?) and lol Shinomiya has become a cross dress model, but what really caught my attention was the subtle moment when An-Chan mentioned about having a daughter! Great moments! Guess the big family really is still intact and that imo was the highlight moment of this Chapter. Kae’s child named after Shion though, I honestly didn’t think they’d go this far but it’s nice to see if this nevertheless. Yes little Shion, your mother can indeed transform lol! Another hilarious moment that comes to mind is when Mutsumi-senpai mentions the part where Kae and Mutsumi-senpai we’re forced to take a picture once Kae’s weight loss came into effect xD, the crew really is the same as ever!

All in all, a really nice satisfying read!
Last arc before this Chapter sure was hard to keep up with but necessary nevertheless. I just feel as though it might have been a little dragged on and hence had an adverse effect.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 27, 2018 4:56 PM

Nov 2007
hhhhhh i would be damned if a whole BL mangaka wouldn't make at least one guy x guy couple canon and surely, based Junko-sensei delivered. I was shipping Nana and Shino since probably the time when they got stuck on that cursed island (if not even sooner). If someone on here *cough* thinks they didn't "make a sense" as a couple, they've probably never paid an attention then.....
Jan 12, 2019 4:26 AM

Apr 2011
I really love the ending!

8/10

Jan 30, 2019 11:26 PM

Jun 2015
Great ending but it seemed to come out of nowhere.
:)
Feb 23, 2019 6:33 AM

Feb 2012
From the get-go, I really wanted her to end up with Mutsumi-senpai. It just seems right from chapter one. He was the only one who didn't care for her looks after the transformation. Got worried mid-way through the manga because the author seemed to focusing a lot on Igarashi. I'm just glad the guy I was rooting for got the girl.

Though the last chapter seems so sudden, I think they made the right decision to end it, as compared to milking the series until it got dull. Really enjoyed this series!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Mar 18, 2019 6:29 PM

Mar 2014
Well-made ending, it felt so complete, we got them lewds, be together in collegue, wedding in her fatty form, Igarashi x Nishina teasing and little Shion!

The harem of this manga was very forced at the beginning (she just lost weight and boom! she got 3 new hotties under her knees + senpai) but the middle road was good & funny. With a better beginning would be a masterpiece in my opinion.
Jul 8, 2019 6:48 PM

Jul 2013
This was definitely a rushed ending, but I'm sentimental over this manga and happy to see that everything was wrapped up nicely with a sugary sweet happy ending. It's the kind of ending this series deserves. Mutsumi and Serinuma were really endearing to watch together.
Dec 7, 2019 7:46 AM
Apr 2018
When I ever I read shoujo and the first male lead appears its always "ah, he'll be the one" but damn did I feel fooled that it wasn't Igarashi, so this was all well played.
I'm quite happy with how this ended, especially Shion, I'd probably do the same if I had a child heh.
Dec 28, 2019 10:10 AM
Aug 2016
Just finished reading.
Ok, the manga itself isn't that great but i didn't dislike the part non-animated especially when she find out who she loved.

Typical shojo ending, nothing much to add. Cool thing they called their child Shion.
Apr 12, 2020 3:26 PM
Mar 2011
I'm cleaning my list & I just realized I didn't mark this completed because it says 60 chapters and I read 55, why is it listed like that?
May 7, 2020 5:53 PM
Feb 2019
Kaien_Desu said:
When I ever I read shoujo and the first male lead appears its always "ah, he'll be the one" but damn did I feel fooled that it wasn't Igarashi, so this was all well played.

Just finished reading, and I totally agree, I got played (not in a bad way)! Thought it was Igarashi for so long, until I came to terms that Mutsumi made the most sense.

Still feels a bit uncomfortable that Igarashi and the others gave up so easily on her, and the ending did feel a bit rushed, but I'm satisfied with the ending we got anyway.

8/10
May 22, 2020 8:12 AM

Jul 2012
1234back said:
I'm cleaning my list & I just realized I didn't mark this completed because it says 60 chapters and I read 55, why is it listed like that?
MAL adds all extra chapters to the total count lol
May 24, 2020 4:11 PM
Mar 2011
Mayuka said:

MAL adds all extra chapters to the total count lol

That's what I'm saying, never read any extra!

Anyways I will make a comment about how I was team Mutsumi since the beginning, and it was a great manga considering I Just started reading because I know Junko's BL work🤭
Aug 4, 2020 9:41 PM
Mar 2016
This has got to be the MOST satisfying ending I've seen from a shoujo manga. I honestly was trying hard not to cry because it was perfect in every single way once Senpai was chosen. Naming her kid after her beloved anime character and even being overweight (gotta eat for two!) on her wedding day really shows how far Kae has come! Yes, she did do dumb things after confessing to to Mutsumi but this chapter made all the heartache worth it :")
Jan 14, 2022 11:19 AM

May 2013
Meh. My main ship (Igarashi x Kae) didn't sail so I lost interest after that lol. Second ship did sail, but it was unexpected that they got overly lovey-dovey at school. I hate PDA and inconsiderate couples, so that left a bad taste in my mouth and was a huge turn off. I even kinda regretted shipping them bc of it.

I feel like most ppl would be happy with this ending esp if they liked Mutsumi best. For me, I give it a 5/10 -- it was just an okay read for me. So many other better shoujo manga out there. And I felt like the proposal was too early; I was hoping for promise rings, but whatever. At least I get Igarashi all to myself >:) Hated how they made him suffer in the background helping the happy couple tho. Igarashi deserved better. Speaking of...

Man, they did Serinuma's older bro dirty lmfao. I totally thought that was Yashiro, wtf? Smh. I wouldn't recommend this manga to anyone else, if I'm being completely honest lol. I've read better series.

TLDR:
My score went steady at 7/10... docked off a point bc my main ship didn't sail... docked off a point for the ending
Mar 22, 2022 10:50 AM

Jul 2021
DUDE I LOVE THIS ROUTE, AUTHOR YOU HAVE MY PRAISE HERE. 10/10 CHAPTER. 8/10 overall, was a bit loose at times but still was able to get back together.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 8, 2023 1:39 PM
Apr 2020
shit ending iga should've won

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi ga Motete Dousunda Chapter 2 Discussion

ImNotLulexiaa - Jul 24, 2013

11 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jul 11, 2023 6:59 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motete Dousunda Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2013

20 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jul 11, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motete Dousunda Chapter 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

7 by icecreamcake1 »»
Jul 8, 2021 6:28 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motete Dousunda Chapter 47 Discussion

Lixaxy - May 12, 2017

19 by Nhu02 »»
Aug 30, 2020 10:23 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motete Dousunda Chapter 52 Discussion

shanimebib - Dec 7, 2017

7 by __amaterasu__ »»
Aug 16, 2019 1:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.