Forum Settings
Forums

MAL should change the amount of favorite characters users can pick to....ONE.

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 13, 2018 11:59 AM

Jul 2016
I actually deleted this post to post it again on the current page because I really want people to know the reasons behind my favorite characters.

Charlotte because:

She's American, and so am I.
Her seiyuu has the same constellation as me in a few planets on her birth chart.
I like this doujin with her boxing: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=15357966

Minna because:

I have her kindhearted nature.
I like this comic with her boxing: (Not Safe For Work)

Musubi because:

I like her attitude.
She's a martial artist.
Tits.

Elsa because:

I've long had an affinity for vampires, which she is.
She's also the same age as me.
She has the same seiyuu as Tomoe from Queen's Blade.
Tits as well.

Shizuka because:

Her seiyuu is orgasmic.
Attitude.
Nice ass.
Tits.
(The topless figure on my dresser in a thong with her ass to the camera in my profile is her.)

Nanael because:

I'm a Kamidere like her.
She wants a harem of men from Earth. (She's an Angel.)

Erza because:

One of my friends used to have her as her forum set.
I like popular characters that are regarded as sluts.

Minato because:

Incest. (In the visual novel. It's left ambiguous in the anime, but still probably incest.)
Nice body in general.

Tsukasa because:

Nice ass in a thong in the OVA.
Same seiyuu as Natsuru in Kämpfer, a character I identify with.

Roko because:

Attitude.
Looks sexy in the first costume she wears.
Same seiyuu as Ram in Re:Zero.
Feb 13, 2018 12:05 PM

Oct 2013
@Zeando you should stop saying whoever is on top of the list is the users favourite among favourite
if they say all their favourites are equal the order is irrelevant and holds no value
Feb 13, 2018 12:06 PM

Dec 2017
Zeando said:
HiImAdi said:
If you like a character,you have the right to do so,if you like 2 or more characters,you also have right to do so,if you like 20 characters,your in the same boat.

Right, but only one character can be the first of the list. Yours is Selesia Upitiria.

It isn't about liking only one character, it's about chosing the first and best one among all the liked characters. That is what a favorite character is.

Ok but isn't right to have 2 or more favorite characters? I understand that you need to choose your character but I say that there are people who have 2 or more favorite characters because there are moment when people are to indecisive and stick with 2 characters.
Feb 13, 2018 12:11 PM

Aug 2009
I support the notion of a top three, because if filling out a top ten list takes you more than five minutes, then you're just adding filler.

Feb 13, 2018 12:13 PM

Jan 2018
Feb 13, 2018 12:13 PM

Feb 2011
Deknijff said:
@Zeando you should stop saying whoever is on top of the list is the users favourite among favourite
if they say all their favourites are equal the order is irrelevant and holds no value

It's more a matter of communication, the "favorite" some use doesn't have the same meaning as the "favorite" others use.

For some favorite is = liked, bookmarked.
For others favorite is = the most liked character of all.

If some have all equal, it just means they have no favorite by the second definition.

Highlighting the first of everyones lists is just applying the second definition, which is the same definition OP seems to be used. Meaning who's replying by using the first definition is missing the point.
Basically it's a provocation or poke, to remind that there is an other definition of favorite, which isn't just "liked".

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Feb 13, 2018 12:23 PM

Apr 2015
I would have to choose my waifu, of course (Holo).
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Feb 13, 2018 1:49 PM
Jan 2017
Dlwuik said:
but if edward elric still isn't #1 instead of lelouch then the feature is useless.

Even though I love Lelouch I have to agree. Ed is definitely the best.
Feb 13, 2018 2:10 PM

Jun 2015
--ALEX-- said:
Before I begin, this is not really a waifu thread....I swear!

BUT...yeah, it should be changed to one.

I don't really want to hear "Oh but there are sooo many anime and thus we need 10 or 20 fucking favorite characters!"

NO...one is enough.

MOST of us have that ONE character we absolutely like....whatever the reason, that ONE character will ALWAYS be on your list.

Therefore, logically....we don't need 10 or 20...just one.
NOT TRUE/

IT SHOULD BE TWO.

SEPARATED BY GENDER.

THAT WAY YOU GET TO HAVE OUR OWN AVATAR AND YOUR WAIFU.
Feb 13, 2018 2:56 PM

Sep 2011
Site related questions should be put into their respective boards. You're making a suggestion.

Thread Moved
Feb 13, 2018 4:17 PM

Feb 2015
Never.
Every character I have in my extended favs + favs on profile are equally important to me.
It would be impossible for me to pick one.

When I was new to anime and I've seen madoka, Homura was my first favorite character but then I've seen more anime and some of these turned out to be really great.
Some of these had in them characters that were relatable to me, characters that left some impact or impression on me and of course waifus.
HakaminahFeb 13, 2018 5:10 PM
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Feb 13, 2018 5:05 PM
Jul 2016
PsychoticDave said:
How about you only use one and mind your own damn business about how other users make their profiles / lists.

This. Very much this.

Personally, I use my "favorites" lists as top-ten lists. It's a ranking system. Even if I didn't and chose to have ten characters tied for my "favorite" position, it'd be nobody else's dang business (unless the MAL tech team found that having 10 favorite characters caused the system to melt down somehow.)

Take your hypocritical "everyone else needs to conform to my views" mentality elsewhere, OP.
Important Note: I no longer - in any way, shape, or form - consider myself a moral nihilist (even in my old, convoluted definition of the term). I very much do believe there is such a thing as objective good and evil. In addition, I apologize for any of the posts I've made that are rude, aggressive, or otherwise unbecoming.

I've always striven to walk a path befitting a follower of Christ, and now recognize some of my old comments here as misguided if not outright wrong. If you happen upon them, pray do not let them darken your view of the God I serve. He is kind, even if I, at times, have not been.
Feb 13, 2018 7:08 PM

Sep 2010
I don't really see the point in that actually cause some people might have more than one who always will stay on their list while the others switch out over time based on preferences.

I do think 20 is a bit too much for anime characters that what I would use my about me for.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Feb 13, 2018 7:20 PM

Sep 2017
But then that means that I can't show who my favourite lolis are. :(
Feb 13, 2018 7:24 PM

Oct 2017
@Zeando The logic you are using to point out the most fav character of the users is pretty absurd.... Want to prove it? Point out mine most fav anime character
Feb 13, 2018 11:05 PM

Nov 2011
I'm cool with just one. My extended favorites blog post will just get longer :p

Feb 14, 2018 12:59 AM

Aug 2017
Just one would be fine but you can't 'judge' those who truly have more than one over all the years they've seen and read a lot of series. Less than 10 totally. But not only one for those who turly could have a few more over their otaku years. 3 would be fine thing to pick in my opinion.
Feb 14, 2018 2:18 AM

Nov 2016
just no. its really hard picking a favourite character from ONE show, let alone all that I have seen
if this was actually a feature my one slot would probably be empty
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2018 4:30 AM

Jan 2018
Oh no, you can't be serious. Just one isn't enough and I don't organize my favorite characters by best to least, I organize them alphabetically, cause there's no #1 or #10, they're all equal for me.
Feb 14, 2018 5:01 AM

Jun 2008
Nas said:
Why 1? People can have multiple favorite characters.
I mean should we then also restrict anime, manga and people also to 1?
i think its fine

@swagernator: HAHAHAHA, goddammit Swaggert, that was funny. MAL is gonna turn into a company like EA Games XD XD. You say some crazy shit sometimes lmfao

Characters you can put in favorites will come randomly in $5 lootboxes you buy and you have to buy many lootboxes until you find the characters you actually want to put.
Each character slot will be $15 for a total number of 100. You have to buy a slot and then open lootboxes to get characters to put in that slot.
Then you can buy different pics as cosmetic for depicting you favorite character in your list for $3.
MonadFeb 14, 2018 5:06 AM
Feb 14, 2018 5:22 AM

May 2016
Monad said:
Nas said:
Why 1? People can have multiple favorite characters.
I mean should we then also restrict anime, manga and people also to 1?
i think its fine

@swagernator: HAHAHAHA, goddammit Swaggert, that was funny. MAL is gonna turn into a company like EA Games XD XD. You say some crazy shit sometimes lmfao

Characters you can put in favorites will come randomly in $5 lootboxes you buy and you have to buy many lootboxes until you find the characters you actually want to put.
Each character slot will be $15 for a total number of 100. You have to buy a slot and then open lootboxes to get characters to put in that slot.
Then you can buy different pics as cosmetic for depicting you favorite character in your list for $3.

Dammit, don't give people ideas!
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Feb 14, 2018 5:58 AM

Jan 2017
That's just your own opinion.
People can have more than 1 fav characters.

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Feb 14, 2018 6:48 AM

Feb 2011
ZSTGL_IMA said:
The logic you are using to point out the most fav character of the users is pretty absurd.... Want to prove it? Point out mine most fav anime character

Picking the first one is arbitrary (yours is Alucard btw), as already said before, it's more of a logical example.
In a list there can only be one first place.

But if some say they don't have a most favorite above all, that's just it. They don't have one.
So into a ranking of most favorites they won't be counted, or their vote will be random (whoever for random reasons is into the first place) (sorting by alphabetical order, or rainbow palette, anything which isn't by preference = random reasons)
(the ranking of most favorites is hypothetical, it doesn't exist currently on mal)

It's the same as political elections, you can vote for only one party or person, if you say all the parties or candidates are the same, either you vote for someone random or you don't vote. But your vote will still be only one.
That's how having a most favorite works. Which is different from using favorites as likes or bookmarks, it's just a different concept.

(I'm actually doing the devil's advocate here, but it's funny to think about how a different characters ranking could be designed)

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Feb 14, 2018 6:58 AM

May 2010
That's a terrible idea lol.
Feb 14, 2018 7:27 AM

Oct 2015
Your suggestion is ridiculous. You give no justification as to why this limit should be implemented and there's literally no reason to do so especially since what you want (having one favorite character) can be done without this change, it's not like having 10 favorites is mandatory.
Feb 14, 2018 7:27 AM

Sep 2011
To be honest this suggestion is stupid but at the same time Alex is making sense(Although most of what he said is kinda BS).

If I'm going to cooperate on this suggestion, like someone said, why not make it 2? One for male character and the other for female character?

Feb 14, 2018 7:28 AM

Oct 2017
Zeando said:
ZSTGL_IMA said:
The logic you are using to point out the most fav character of the users is pretty absurd.... Want to prove it? Point out mine most fav anime character

Picking the first one is arbitrary (yours is Alucard btw), as already said before, it's more of a logical example.
In a list there can only be one first place.

That is where you are damn wrong boii... I tried to arrange my fav list in alphabetical order.... This pretty much shows that your logic of choosing someone's fav character is absurd.. BTW i like Gid Deviluke more than Alucard :P

Zeando said:

But if some say they don't have a most favorite above all, that's just it. They don't have one.
So into a ranking of most favorites they won't be counted, or their vote will be random (whoever for random reasons is into the first place) (sorting by alphabetical order, or rainbow palette, anything which isn't by preference = random reasons)
(the ranking of most favorites is hypothetical, it doesn't exist currently on mal)

Well everyone's not as selective as you to have a specific fav character... Why?? because after watching alot of animes you come to like different characters for their different personalities.... Not everyone cares who's first in the Fav Characters... so reducing the list just to 1 to see who's first is stupid because even if it is reduced most people would still not agree with those rankings so forget about it... Whether you reduce the list to 1 or 10 or 15 the result would hardly change (in simple words your fav characters don't have a chance :P)
Feb 14, 2018 12:31 PM

Apr 2015
--ALEX-- said:

I don't really want to hear "Oh but there are sooo many anime and thus we need 10 or 20 fucking favorite characters!"

NO...one is enough.

MOST of us have that ONE character we absolutely like....whatever the reason, that ONE character will ALWAYS be on your list.

I had sex with ur waifu, so don't tell us how to ;)
Logically limit doesn't matter, if someone wants to show his 1 fav he can add 1, if someone wants show 15 of them, go ahead.
Is it GreanPeace? I don't think so - whine to your parents or tell'em to buy sth for ur buttpain. Those ppl won't help you.
.. ..

Feb 14, 2018 2:28 PM

Jul 2015
No, I have so many favorite characters that I would need at least 25 to list them all!
I just cannot pick only one favorite character, it would be an INJUSTICE to the other characters!
Oh, by the way ALEX, how could you pick Momo as your favorite and just ignore her sweet sister Lala Deviluke, and that cute little green haired plant girl, and those tasty marshmallows of Mikan's cute little ass? Also < don't see anybody listing Steins;gate as a favorite series and ingnoring Miyuri as a fave character...TOTOOROO!
You should expand your favorites list...an otaku can't live by just Momo Deviluke alone!
PeppermintHeartsFeb 14, 2018 2:38 PM
Feb 14, 2018 7:01 PM

Sep 2009
I agree. There should only be one of any type of favorite, and the rest can be "top" instead.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Feb 15, 2018 6:55 AM

Aug 2015
This is a really dumb and irrelevant suggestion.
Feb 15, 2018 7:23 AM

Mar 2011
PsychoticDave said:
How about you only use one and mind your own damn business about how other users make their profiles / lists.

XDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
You made my day.
Feb 15, 2018 7:46 AM

Jan 2018
i wholeheartedly disagree with you
Feb 15, 2018 9:08 AM
May 2017
Bad idea.

Having one, ten or more favorite characters does not make more or less challenging processing 'most favorite character' or 'top n characters' statistics.

Having ten favorite characters respects people's choices, considering someone can like more than one character enough to consider them favorites.

About people who change favorite characters every season, is the resulting processing load a performance issue for the MyAnimeList Web site?
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Feb 15, 2018 9:57 AM

Jun 2015
Zeando said:
HiImAdi said:
If you like a character,you have the right to do so,if you like 2 or more characters,you also have right to do so,if you like 20 characters,your in the same boat.

Right, but only one character can be the first of the list. Yours is Selesia Upitiria.

It isn't about liking only one character, it's about chosing the first and best one among all the liked characters. That is what a favorite character is.

No I think himadi just needs to watch more anime..

OT: I agree so I can make Kotori my favorite character so everyone knows that shes my waifu ;)

@mods can we make this dream of him and my come trye?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Feb 15, 2018 10:33 AM

Aug 2015
BUT I HAVE MORE THAN ONE HUSBANDO HELLO

❝ falling sick on a journey
my dream wanders around
fields of dry grass. ❞
()
Feb 15, 2018 1:42 PM

Oct 2015
--ALEX-- said:

NO...one is enough.

You make no sense. If you want to highlight that so-loved character of yours then only put that one character in your favorites. If you don't want to use the rest 9 slots it's up to you.
Feb 15, 2018 1:44 PM

Dec 2007
I agree with reducing the numbers down but having only one might be too limited. I'd personally go with 3 or 5.

Having 10 looks silly when you have to expand it out on your profile...
Jan 19, 2021 3:54 PM
Feb 2019
Why one ?
can't choose
Jan 19, 2021 9:01 PM

Jan 2019
People where questioning why he has 10 characters, so I opened his profile... and Alex only has 1 character as favorite now. He is fully committed with this, no chances of being trolling. Epic suggestion thread.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Yesterday, 9:57 PM

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Apr 23, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.