Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 10, 2018 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mei's dad showing up...well this got awkward.

However, this episode felt important as it gave more characterization to Mei. Her personality showed more this epsiode especially with Yuzu since she claims to need Yuzu now. However, it's nice to see Yuzu helping her out when she needed the most.
Feb 10, 2018 7:17 AM
Jul 2018
Hehe, now we have Matsuri, I like that arc a lot tbh ;)
Feb 10, 2018 8:34 AM

Dec 2014
This was my favorite episode from this series so far.

Mei's Dad seems like a nice person, I liked him.

Yuzu is such a sweetheart worrying about and trying her best to look out for Mei.
Pretty bold of her to make that announcement but it worked out well enough.

Loved the soundtrack for the bicycle riding scene.
Glad Mei and her Dad were finally able to make up and that Mei was finally able to move forward with her own decisions.

We got some good yuri scenes this week. XD

New character appearance next episode. Wonder what he relation to Yuzu is.

Also, Harumin was the true MVP of the episode. Nothing would've worked if she wasn't there to help Yuzu out. :3
Feb 10, 2018 8:37 AM

Oct 2011
potentional romantic rival appears eager to see how she is gonna stir the pot

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Feb 10, 2018 8:39 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So this is Mei and Yuzu's father. The father is the type that will keep looking forward without being burdened by the past huh. Having a childhood image of someone conflict with reality and then trying to defend his place at the school must have been tough. Seizing the broadcast room to make that announcement was certainly bold but just like Yuzu. It's nice that they were able to see their father off and it looks like Mei was able to make peace with her burden. The new girl though looks to be a complex character.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2018 9:08 AM

Apr 2013
Harumin is a true waifu tier girl.
Feb 10, 2018 9:09 AM
Oct 2017
For the amount of stink this show was receiving from some people I am glad to say that it actually has some compelling stories so far! I really enjoyed this episode and what it presented us with!

The growth of characters is clearly visible and everyone has their flaws and some expectations are subverted, such as Mei's father not being a bad person at all as I initially expected him to be.
Feb 10, 2018 9:12 AM

Sep 2015
I'm really happy with how this episode turned out, it adaptated the manga well and the pacing was better than last ep.

Mei's finally begun to let her feelings show, that kiss scene was really cute. I wish everything will go smoothly after this... but we all know that more drama is coming.

Matsuri was finally introduced, I'm really looking forward to next week !
Feb 10, 2018 9:28 AM

Jun 2015
The papa was such a nice guy. It's a shame he left so soon. It was nice of Yuzu take Mei to him to say goodbye. Harumin was quite helpful.
Feb 10, 2018 9:33 AM

May 2017
The true best girl arrives

Imho, its perfect, her voice is cute and fits her slightly small figure and the way she delivers her line is mature so I don't get why people hate it
LairucremFeb 10, 2018 9:02 PM
Feb 10, 2018 9:34 AM

Apr 2013
Yo... Matsuri's my favorite, but I had forgotten about that drama CD preview thing they did for the manga. Her voice is way too high pitched to me, but hopefully I'll get used to it.

Poor wording. More specifically, her voice is too high pitched in relation to the one I have in my brain when reading the manga. If I was just watching this on its own and hadn't read beforehand, I most likely wouldn't care.
SJ7izmFeb 10, 2018 9:39 AM
Feb 10, 2018 9:40 AM

Jul 2011
Hmm, more problems coming :/

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Feb 10, 2018 9:51 AM

Dec 2015
Hey...that episode was actually pretty good! Probably the best episode thus far imo, even though I felt like the events like happened was a little too jam-packed... maybe spreading it through 2 eps would've been a better idea. This episode was also better for its overall variety of visual presentation and fitting background music to match the more emotional scenes. Most importantly, it had nice consistent tone, with nothing too jarring interrupting the overall investment in what was going on.

This episode also reinforced my opinion that Harumin is best girl, and that Yuzu should just ditch Mei for her. The show also used fan-service was less excessive and had a purpose outside of simply pandering by giving us more insight to the characters and their struggles.

Overall, this episode was definitely a step up because of the development and depth we see our characters. The show is by no means perfect, and I still felt like some of the drama was a little misplaced/shallow at times, but this one episode gives me more hope that future episodes will be just as good.

Also, the new pink-haired girl looks interesting, but her voice is a little high/squeaky in spite of the initial impression she gave off. I wonder how she will play a role in the future.
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Feb 10, 2018 9:51 AM

Feb 2007
Ah, Matsuri arrives... She really was horrible at this point of the story. Can't say the voice fits her at all, though.
Feb 10, 2018 9:53 AM
Nov 2014
I think this was the best episode thus far. The animation for the second kiss scene was kind of weird though, but I'm enjoying Mei's character development and that the anime is staying true to the manga. And oh gawd Matsuri's voice is completely off from what I've always thought she'd sound like when I read the manga. I don't think I'll ever get used to her voice, i'll just stick to my own for the manga. Her anime voice is -this- close to ruining her as my best girl. I gave a 4/5
Feb 10, 2018 9:56 AM

Dec 2017
if Harumin isn't the MVP and best gril then who the fuck is?

Gaichi said:

lol, i can already see how the future threads are boiling with hatred >;)
Feb 10, 2018 10:00 AM

Dec 2017
CompletelySFW said:
I think this was the best episode thus far. The animation for the second kiss scene was kind of weird though, but I'm enjoying Mei's character development and that the anime is staying true to the manga. And oh gawd Matsuri's voice is completely off from what I've always thought she'd sound like when I read the manga. I don't think I'll ever get used to her voice, i'll just stick to my own for the manga. Her anime voice is -this- close to ruining her as my best girl. I gave a 4/5

i liked how the departure scene was a bit different from the manga. she actually approached him instead of shouting. indeed her voice is not the best, even though she's 15 it sounds too young for her
Feb 10, 2018 10:00 AM

Jan 2008
Not liking Matsuri's voice, expected a more tomboyish voice, not a squeaky one. Oh well, not like I can do anything but complain on these forums.

Feb 10, 2018 10:02 AM
May 2013
Love how they adapted the manga, nice pace and well executed..

But I have one problem.. Matsuri's voice is way off (imo).... Its nothing like I had imagined when reading the manga.. it was too high pitched (?).. I know very well that I'm not going to get used to it..

Looking at their pacing, I think i know where season 1 will end..
Feb 10, 2018 10:09 AM

Sep 2017
Mei's dad doesn't really come off as a bad guy even though he left his family behind to see the world. And Mei was totally fine seeing him off again even though he had just arrived, but she was satisfied with some closure/understanding of her fathers perspective and such. Still begs the question of why/how the hell did Ume get married to someone who is never home.

Anyway, not sure what's up with the pink haired girl. Seems she'll be antagonistic. Also, Harumi best girl.
Feb 10, 2018 10:15 AM
Nov 2014
uninstallthegame said:
CompletelySFW said:

i liked how the departure scene was a bit different from the manga. she actually approached him instead of shouting. indeed her voice is not the best, even though she's 15 it sounds too young for her

Yeah it's great that they try to change a few minor things in the anime (e.g. yuzu returns mei's bag instead of stalking her) I honestly wouldn't mind if they suddenly change Matsuri's voice actress for the upcoming episode XD Not to disrespect Shiori Izawa, just want a more suitable voice for her character.
Feb 10, 2018 10:16 AM

Oct 2009
I totally agree with you guys, Matsuri's voice is way too high. I imagined it to be in the same category as Yuzu's.
Feb 10, 2018 10:21 AM
Dec 2013
uninstallthegame said:
if Harumin isn't the MVP and best gril then who the fuck is?

Gaichi said:

lol, i can already see how the future threads are boiling with hatred >;)
if people didnt like mei because of what she was doing, boi, theyre going for a ride with matsuri

also this
Hardgore_Lasagna said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Harumin was the true MVP of the episode. Nothing would've worked if she wasn't there to help Yuzu out. :3
Feb 10, 2018 10:23 AM
Dec 2013
CompletelySFW said:
uninstallthegame said:

Yeah it's great that they try to change a few minor things in the anime (e.g. yuzu returns mei's bag instead of stalking her) I honestly wouldn't mind if they suddenly change Matsuri's voice actress for the upcoming episode XD Not to disrespect Shiori Izawa, just want a more suitable voice for her character.
hardly, her voice is like that ever since the drama cd released around a year ago. i totally wouldnt mind it though
Feb 10, 2018 10:31 AM

Dec 2017
MHEEC said:

if people didnt like mei because of what she was doing, boi, theyre going for a ride with matsuri

it's gonna be one helluva ride, i'll tell you that. looking forward seeing all the butthurt

MHEEC said:

also this
Hardgore_Lasagna said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Harumin was the true MVP of the episode. Nothing would've worked if she wasn't there to help Yuzu out. :3

yeah, i'm just sharing the same thoughts with my fellow users :з
Feb 10, 2018 10:47 AM

Mar 2010
well, I like this so far, but can see it hardly entering my collection, especially because I expect this to dont have an ending.

finally they had their 1st consensual kiss, hope that that marks the chainge in their dinamics but I wouldn't care to much if it continued with the same dinamics.
Feb 10, 2018 10:48 AM

Aug 2015
Wondering how many of the folks that saw this episode switched after it to some “more visually stimulating” stuff.. Probably a lot.

Usually I hate short hair, but Matsuri is just God tier next to Rikka from Chuunibyou. Hope she’s kinky 3.3
Feb 10, 2018 10:56 AM
Feb 2017
LF2005 said:
well, I like this so far, but can see it hardly entering my collection, especially because I expect this to dont have an ending.

finally they had their 1st consensual kiss, hope that that marks the chainge in their dinamics but I wouldn't care to much if it continued with the same dinamics.

Well. The manga has yet to end, and it has 35+ chapters. So no, you will not see an ending, as the main "problem" Yuzu and Mei have to overcome has yet to be solved even in the manga. But you can bet that it will have a second season soon enough, as both the manga and anime are doing great. I think Citrus is the most popular yuri manga out there
Feb 10, 2018 11:06 AM

Apr 2016
Adaptation was great. Kisses were fine as well. If there's any complaint I have, It's Matsuri's voice. Definitely not what I imagined xd
2D > 3D
Feb 10, 2018 11:07 AM

Jun 2013
Well, Citrus is becoming my favorite anime of this season!
Feb 10, 2018 11:35 AM

Mar 2010
HelpMeFindAnime said:
LF2005 said:

Well. The manga has yet to end, and it has 35+ chapters. So no, you will not see an ending, as the main "problem" Yuzu and Mei have to overcome has yet to be solved even in the manga. But you can bet that it will have a second season soon enough, as both the manga and anime are doing great. I think Citrus is the most popular yuri manga out there

think the source is a LN and not a manga ? eitheir way LN/manga/ect. rates mean nothing to the anime, it is true they wanna ride that popularity but they will continue only if they feel they did it and that they can make more.
I see really low chances of an s2
Feb 10, 2018 11:46 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Just drop the Mei crush already and fall in love with the best girl already!

I'm referring to Harumin of course. Who else could it be?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 10, 2018 12:01 PM
Mar 2015
Nice for the sisters to be able to see Papa off together.
Feb 10, 2018 12:14 PM

Jul 2014
I really liked the episode, maybe my favorite so far.

I was worried about what Mei's dad would be like but he turned out to be a good guy and I'm glad he went off on good terms with her.

Harumin's too good, she deserves more.

And of course we need a new drama, I like the look of the new girl but I will have to get used to her voice.
SkyLETVFeb 10, 2018 12:27 PM
Feb 10, 2018 12:20 PM

Nov 2016
Meis dad is really a nice guy.

And wow,first real kiss in this show which wasn't full of rapeyness.

Here comes another childhood friend.

Liked that episode overall.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 10, 2018 12:48 PM

Jun 2014
Matsuri...what have they done to you!

Why ditch the drama CD va if they were going to direct a squeaky voice anyway?! Did Saburouta really have this in mind? *gloom
Feb 10, 2018 12:58 PM

Jul 2017
Good development of Mei's character. We got to see some yuri scenes in this ep although I expected more at this point of the story. Overall it was a really nice episode. I'm curious to see what happens with Matsuri.
Feb 10, 2018 1:19 PM

Feb 2014
Best episode so far.
I'm also very amused by certain comments of anime-only watchers.
Feb 10, 2018 1:20 PM

Jan 2018
That last kiss was the first real one that both sides gave. Mei starting to love yuzu more and looks like the issue with her father got solved.

New girl looks like she will be a pain in the butt, cant wait for next week!
Feb 10, 2018 1:35 PM
Oct 2015
This series is such a trainwreck I can't wait to see what happens next.
Feb 10, 2018 1:37 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Good episode. Mei rekindles her relationship with her dad, seemingly parting on a good note as he leaves again. Also the yuri scene were very nice as well. Was hoping for Mei to actually finger Yuzu but i guess that was too much to ask.

Am looking forward to the next episode.
Feb 10, 2018 1:43 PM
Dec 2013
landofthekwt said:
Nice for the sisters to be able to see Papa get off together.
lemme just ruin that sentence for you
Feb 10, 2018 2:21 PM

Feb 2007
LF2005 said:
think the source is a LN and not a manga ?

There is no LN, only Zuul manga.
Feb 10, 2018 2:24 PM

Jan 2016
Ugh, I did not enjoy this episode. Mei's dad is a cool guy and all but Mei's development felt forced for some reason. Yuzu is just straight up annoying and tries way too hard for someone who doesn't even remotely care for her, that was shown in the scene in which Yuzu slapped Mei in.

I just think that this is a bad series, not because of them being lesbians but because of its characters and their development. I don't see the same Yuzu that we saw in ep 1 anywhere and she was kinda interesting.
Feb 10, 2018 2:46 PM

Feb 2007
FireFistYK said:
Yuzu is just straight up annoying and tries way too hard for someone who doesn't even remotely care for her, that was shown in the scene in which Yuzu slapped Mei in.

Caring for someone does not mean that you have to be okay with being forced.
Feb 10, 2018 2:58 PM

May 2015
FireFistYK said:
Ugh, I did not enjoy this episode. Mei's dad is a cool guy and all but Mei's development felt forced for some reason. Yuzu is just straight up annoying and tries way too hard for someone who doesn't even remotely care for her, that was shown in the scene in which Yuzu slapped Mei in.

I just think that this is a bad series, not because of them being lesbians but because of its characters and their development. I don't see the same Yuzu that we saw in ep 1 anywhere and she was kinda interesting.

You know you could just drop it right?

Feb 10, 2018 3:03 PM

Jan 2016
Kittens-kun said:

You know you could just drop it right?

Obviously, but I rarely drop a series. I stick around to the end so that I can form a complete opinion on something
Feb 10, 2018 3:37 PM

Jul 2013
that scene when mei is running to her "papa" at the station must be the cringiest thing i've seen recently
Feb 10, 2018 3:51 PM
May 2016
Mei is clearly starting to fall in love with Yuzu. She should just admit it!

Well, maybe she'll never admit it. But at least they keep kissing hehe 😁
Feb 10, 2018 4:09 PM

Apr 2015
Some good development on Mei's character this episode, that kiss at the end is a sign she really does have feelings for Yuzu. I wonder what will happen next.

Harumin always there to help Yuzu, if she wasn't around, Mei and Yuzu wouldn't have been able to see their dad off. Overall, great episode!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Any hope for season 2?

DwaipayanH - Mar 3

15 by Sammango »»
Mar 8, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

108 by JeremiahOrange »»
Jan 31, 4:13 AM

» prediction: your first reaction will be "I'm disappointed" ( 1 2 )

GangsterCat - Nov 28, 2016

60 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:15 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

200 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

126 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 22, 2023 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.