Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 1, 2018 6:10 PM

Jul 2013
Yeah, this is where I draw the line on this one. Everything is so generic from the story (with what little there is) to the animation. I'm done.

2/10

Feb 1, 2018 6:11 PM
Dec 2011
bitchassdarius said:
did i miss something? why is he able to acquire every resistance randomly? also, why did he have to disguise himself? also what's the difference between a maxed out low-skill magic spell and a high-skill magic spell? does this game just have bad balancing? is the scaling so bad that something at lvl 40 or 60 can honestly challenge someone thats over level 300?

man, this show is so restricted by it's incoherent, inconsistent game logic. at least in smartphone, the MC was obviously OP so he didn't have to tiptoe around arbitrary rules that exist solely to maybe present an obstacle

You should read the WN. Anime is rushed and left some things unexplained or mentioned in so fast way it was easily forgoten by viewer.
WN is fully translated in english. Search sousetsuka. Find and download the pdf into your phone and read everytime you have few minutes of time.

KamenRiderMagna said:
Yeah, this is where I draw the line on this one. Everything is so generic from the story (with what little there is) to the animation. I'm done.

2/10

Try WN.
Feb 1, 2018 6:15 PM

Jan 2013
Crocospect22 said:
ugh another mediocre episode, i seriously never can like the MC, he is so blant and uninteresting, but still i will give it another chance, looks like next episode there will be some new characters coming, i hope and really hope there will be a good something happen...

Nah he's just competent and mature.
Feb 1, 2018 6:18 PM

Jul 2013
TitanAnteus said:
Crocospect22 said:
ugh another mediocre episode, i seriously never can like the MC, he is so blant and uninteresting, but still i will give it another chance, looks like next episode there will be some new characters coming, i hope and really hope there will be a good something happen...

Yeah, but we need more than just competence and maturity. We need development... we don't get that considering he's getting everything on the fly. He suddenly gets a slave harem bc reasons..

Feb 1, 2018 6:19 PM

Jun 2014
Pretty much just an episode dedicated to labyrinth exploration. We got some action as well, but the animation left a lot to be desired.

The end of the episode was interesting though with these 2 new slave girls, and I agree with @Grey-Zone, why is no one mentioning the fact that Arisa pronounced his name SatOU instead of SatOO? I caught that immediately and realized something is up with that girl...
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 1, 2018 6:24 PM
Jan 2017
tetragramat said:
Grey-Zone said:

They didn't cut anything important this episode, other than the whole "the one who finds ownerless slaves becomes the new master" and "being a demi-human slave is safer than being a free demi-human in the Seryuu city region".

I guess a bit character/world building for Satou (bribing guards for better treatment of other detainees), the slave merchant (he is ironically one of the nicest guys around) and the noble guy (was straying true to his word about the reward by giving Satou preferential treatment during the skipped detention period, showing that the nobles are not neccessarily the universally sterotypical super bad class of society that only knows how to exploit others). Also the fast forwards regarding the dugeon traps and that house where Satou found the magic scroll.
It is a shame that those weren't shown properly, but I don't think it's THAT important.

The director of this anime seems to often focus on the quality of later episodes. It might be similar to Rakudai Kishi no cavalry, which had the same director. There the first episode were also really quite bad, but got really good near the end.

Also something many people seemed to have failed to notice:
Arisa said Satou, not Satoo.

As for the whole skill points issue: It was actually shown in EP1 that he has 3100 skill points and it costs him 10 skill points to max a skill, so he has the flexibility to max upto 310 skills right now, including the skills he already maxed.

All what you named means that rushed/cut was everything. World building and action are important. Those little details are importatnt too. Just look at it. Everyone has questions what the fuck just happened. Even I would have questions. It is so fast, that I cannot possibly enjoy that. The anime adaptation should have 24 episodes or end in the half. The action scenes should be more detailed and longer. Environment details should be not missing, this is sight seeing, so why it looks so plain? When they are talking, they skip so much of world building and personality of MC.

For me this is garbage. It is too fast to enjoy. Too plain art to enjoy. Too wrong voices to enjoy. (why the hell Arisa sounds like some aldut sexbomb? She is fucking 11? years old)

That's my line. I read 10 Volumes of the WN in the last week, means, i really enjoy it. If they would take their time, and put a bit more effort in adapting it in way, to get the flair of the WN, it could be really great. But instead its the typical 0815 Isekai, wich no one will care about.
Feb 1, 2018 6:31 PM

Nov 2013
Arisa is pretty as fuck! Man, its hard to convince myself that im not a lolicon.
Feb 1, 2018 6:39 PM

Oct 2014
tetragramat said:
bitchassdarius said:
did i miss something? why is he able to acquire every resistance randomly? also, why did he have to disguise himself? also what's the difference between a maxed out low-skill magic spell and a high-skill magic spell? does this game just have bad balancing? is the scaling so bad that something at lvl 40 or 60 can honestly challenge someone thats over level 300?

man, this show is so restricted by it's incoherent, inconsistent game logic. at least in smartphone, the MC was obviously OP so he didn't have to tiptoe around arbitrary rules that exist solely to maybe present an obstacle

You should read the WN. Anime is rushed and left some things unexplained or mentioned in so fast way it was easily forgoten by viewer.
WN is fully translated in english. Search sousetsuka. Find and download the pdf into your phone and read everytime you have few minutes of time.

KamenRiderMagna said:

2/10

Try WN.

While it's true that some things were left out in the anime (or unfortunately ignored by the subbers - thereby creating a raft between Japanese and English version, like the entire EP1 and the status hiding screen in EP2), many things people are complaining about here were actually explained, like "omg isn't he afraid of others seeing his God-Slayer title". Yea, let's just ignore the existence of the Yamato stone introduced in EP2 where the guy was clearly indicating that he didn't know about Satou's personal information until after the scan by the Yamato stone. But ehh, the next episode will make it very clear, just like EP3 explained why Satou suddenly became lvl 310 - which obviously wasn't by killing only lvl 50 lizardmen, but mainly by killing the Dragon God (the other dead dragons which weren't explicitly mentioned probably only amounted to a difference of less than 10 lvls at best).

But the real problem here is that people go into the series with a "It's a generic isekai harem where I just have to turn my brain off" attitude and then complain that they missed things because their brains were turned off.

The whole "why is he hiding himself" is an idiotic question. It made sense for Touya in isekai smartphone because he had no problem with being a celebrity and public figure. Now here is the question: How do the words "celebrity" and "going on a leisure trip for sight-seeing"? Exactly, they don't mix at all. Every time you enter a city everyone screams "look! it's hero-sama! Hero-sama came to our city!" and instantly a crowd forms. It's really not that hard to deduce why Satou wants to avoid that. But that would require dropping the "I have to turn my brain off to watch this" premise, and that seems to be too much for some people here.
Feb 1, 2018 7:14 PM

Dec 2014
I don't really say this often but this episode was honestly very underwhelming and really mediocre. Couldn't really find myself invested in anything that happened. The execution was just bland and there's really no other way to describe it.

I'll stick around for more episodes hoping this gets better.
The ending was pretty interesting with Arisa calling Satoo Satou so let's see.
Feb 1, 2018 7:30 PM
Mar 2009
I generally like the series but the anime unfortunately cuts a few too many corners. They really are trying to stuff a lot of story into those 24 minutes.

They showed the power-leveling of the girls which is fine, but then short changed the alchemist house and the discovery of him being able to bypass standard training to learn magic by using scrolls. The end fight explanation of the God Killer + Divine Sword combo felt weak in comparison to the manga version. Or maybe they tried by showing a menu option that wasn't translated. Don't know.

Don't know why that scene where he says the girls are his slaves was there. I always felt the character was smart enough to realize that's pretty much the same someone else to come up and lay claim to them.

Still overall I'm happy to watch, just liking the manga better.
Feb 1, 2018 8:20 PM

Nov 2016
So really, the only reason this story is set in a video game is because a) it provides an excuse for the protagonist and other characters becoming powerful at an unnatural rate and b) video games are a popular medium. Maybe there'll be a reason later on, but judging from the quality of the writing so far, I'm guessing it'll be a weak explanation.

Everything in this show is underwhelming: the writing, the characters, the world, and the execution. The cycle of bland isekai continues. All that matters is the premise sells, and in the end, making money is all studios really care about.
Feb 1, 2018 8:59 PM

Jul 2017
This episode was so exciting...

...somewhere in the alternate universe.

Too much time spent on trivial matters. Pretty underwhelming.

I give it:

Snooze/10.

Cured my sleeping problem.
Suddenly, someone slaps you with a brick wall.

Feb 1, 2018 9:41 PM

Mar 2010
bitchassdarius said:

Since the very beginning, each and every time he runs into something/anything new, he learns a new skill. I would be absolutely unsurprised if at some point he learns a skill to scratch his butt. XD It seems more like just unlocking them than being usable to me. There's a reason why he has to dump points into the ones he wants to work properly.

Yes, the game balancing is broken. From what I understand, the world systems are a smashup of the two games he was working on in the Real World, both had bugs and balancing issues that needed to be worked on, and getting crammed together made some of them worse. Personally, I'd say the biggest bug of all is the lack of a level cap. :P

I thought the point of the magic spell thing was that there really wasn't a perceivable difference for the gallery between Satou's lv10 starter spell and their idea of a high level spell.

The game logic has been extremely and surprisingly consistent so far. The primary problem being that it seems that all other things (like skill points, stats, HP, MP, etc.) are tied directly to player level, and as I said already, he's basically bugged and has no level cap. I did think it rather simplistic tho that as a lv310 player, he has 3100HP and 3100 skill pts.. I did enjoy the the end result of the foreshadowing with the multiple superweapons he got in ep1. ^^ Wondered what the difference was between a "holy sword" and a "divine sword", and now I know. lol

Jacob_Chimera said:
So really, the only reason this story is set in a video game is because a) it provides an excuse for the protagonist and other characters becoming powerful at an unnatural rate and b) video games are a popular medium. Maybe there'll be a reason later on, but judging from the quality of the writing so far, I'm guessing it'll be a weak explanation.

Everything in this show is underwhelming: the writing, the characters, the world, and the execution. The cycle of bland isekai continues. All that matters is the premise sells, and in the end, making money is all studios really care about.

Video game / MMORPG / RPG frameworks are attractive for escapism storytelling for the same reason they are attractive concepts for games themselves and to players. You get strict numerical/quantitative values for things that normally can't even be measured. When you're the player, it is normally clear and obvious that you are "better than you were" when you level up or equip some new piece of OP gear, or etc. In other words, you have visible/concrete proof that you have improved in some way and have control of your own existence to a rather high degree.

Real Life unfortunately does not come with a stat screen, there's no pause button, there are no save points that we can reload at when we make mistakes, we don't get stronger or smarter by changing clothes, and even if we learn a skill it will eventually get rusty, and even forgotten, if we don't use it. ^^;;
deadman80Feb 1, 2018 10:04 PM
Feb 1, 2018 10:44 PM

Oct 2017
Shirasho said:

I heavily criticize series like this because I am Satou. I am a developer nearing my thirties. It is difficult for me to look past things that don't actually happen or are unrealistic in video games. Talk to anybody in quality assurance and they will tell you the same thing - they can't enjoy video games as much as when they started because they start noticing all of the flaws. It is also difficult for me to look past unrealistic behaviors of game programmers near my age.

The problem is not that I'm not paying attention. The problem is that I am paying too much attention and know how video games tick internally.

Also, there is no need for you to be a dick.

BDO has a costume that hides your name and title and I bet there are other mmo's that has a feature like this.
I just turn my brain off while watching this, there are lot wrong with the game mechanics but is it worth analyzing? If this get any worse maybe I'll drop, I have seen worse animes.
Feb 1, 2018 11:51 PM
Oct 2009
as a fan of the WN i think i cried inside on how cringey it was and how fast this ep is with awkward pacing during battle scene. it just make me want to reread it back to cleanse my soul, i'll watch it next week and see how arisa fair.
Feb 1, 2018 11:55 PM

May 2009
I would've just kept the "God-Killer" title if I was him, it sounds so much better than just being a "Hero".

I'm curious about the two new characters and why one of them already knew his name.
Feb 1, 2018 11:59 PM
Nov 2016
And here we go with the harem again....
Feb 2, 2018 12:17 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
That fight so he won using God-killer title and God-killer sword than a Hero title and Hero sword, that was pretty cool, but I think it was done kinda awkwardly.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Feb 2, 2018 12:30 AM

Nov 2013
@Shirasho

You missed the point. There isn't a flaw to begin with regarding the inability of the "NPCs" to see his title etc.

That was established in the second episode.
TheBigGuyFeb 2, 2018 12:41 AM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 2, 2018 12:41 AM

Jul 2014
TitanAnteus said:
Crocospect22 said:

nope, that's not how maturity works done actually, he is just so blant and boring, and makes me care less to him...
Feb 2, 2018 1:28 AM
Feb 2018
He is level 310, why don't he one tap every monsters ???????
Feb 2, 2018 2:09 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice that Satoo is also trying to make his allies stronger as well. His strategy of slowly clearing each area sure is effective. The labyrinth though sure has plenty of interesting items that they can use or learn from though. Ironic that the bully ended up being saved by the demihumans that he hated though. Zena must have been worried sick for Satoo though. But her reaction to Satoo mentioning another girls name was hillarious. The battle against the demon though sure was full of unexpected surprises though. To think that titles will also allow you to wield weapons differently. Hmm it looks like more girls will be joining the party then.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2018 3:02 AM

Dec 2013
Fight scenes always feel like there are tons of frames missing.
What an ugly mess.

Doesn't even make for decent shitposts considering how bland everything is.
That this even has a fanbase really gets across how desperate people are for escapism
Feb 2, 2018 3:04 AM

Dec 2013
This is such a meh series. Nothing of importance ever happens.
Feb 2, 2018 3:53 AM
Mar 2012
slightly better, animation still lacking.
Random lvl40 wolves keep running into brittle walls, then lvl36 eyeball pwns the crowd. 2nd random wolf was real convenient.
Mc a loli tamer & his slave harem is growing...
Why does he acquire skills just from getting attacked? In games I've seen that never happens, as you'd need to beat certain monsters or reach some level etc to gain skills. Does the shitty game mechanics try to define 'free lunch'?
At least music is nice.
Feb 2, 2018 4:01 AM
Feb 2018
I decided to make an account today for the main purpose of voicing my main problem with the MC. He sees that there are slaves in the world and that they're mistreated in previous episodes. He makes no inquiry about how to free a slave at all and instead ends up buying some now. He is overpowered and could probably take on the city if he wanted to. He could easily make a change in the city or country to abolish slavery. Instead he just goes about his day, apparently looking good to the establishment and not causing waves is what he chooses instead.
Feb 2, 2018 4:06 AM

Jan 2013
Crocospect22 said:
TitanAnteus said:

nope, that's not how maturity works done actually, he is just so blant and boring, and makes me care less to him...

Lol this is more true to maturity than the crazy drama shit I've seen with "adults" in anime.

He handles his social environment with experience and grace. He knows when to listen, and how other people feel about him.

He's basically just a fully developed adult character. What people like so much about Death March is that, because you don't have to worry about the protagonist going through mental drama and shit, you can just focus on the awesome world-building and fun side characters.
Feb 2, 2018 6:44 AM

Aug 2015
Top reviews giving it a 1 out of 10... That’s a bit generous.
Feb 2, 2018 7:04 AM

Aug 2011
I thought this was a pretty good episode. I major improvement to the first 3 episodes. It went how it went in the LN and they skip out the not so important scenes and the fighting scenes were not like the previous cringing CG scenes. They change up the soldiers.
This to me is the best episode to date.
Feb 2, 2018 7:18 AM

Aug 2011
Grey-Zone said:

While it's true that some things were left out in the anime (or unfortunately ignored by the subbers - thereby creating a raft between Japanese and English version, like the entire EP1 and the status hiding screen in EP2), many things people are complaining about here were actually explained, like "omg isn't he afraid of others seeing his God-Slayer title". Yea, let's just ignore the existence of the Yamato stone introduced in EP2 where the guy was clearly indicating that he didn't know about Satou's personal information until after the scan by the Yamato stone. But ehh, the next episode will make it very clear, just like EP3 explained why Satou suddenly became lvl 310 - which obviously wasn't by killing only lvl 50 lizardmen, but mainly by killing the Dragon God (the other dead dragons which weren't explicitly mentioned probably only amounted to a difference of less than 10 lvls at best).

But the real problem here is that people go into the series with a "It's a generic isekai harem where I just have to turn my brain off" attitude and then complain that they missed things because their brains were turned off.

The whole "why is he hiding himself" is an idiotic question. It made sense for Touya in isekai smartphone because he had no problem with being a celebrity and public figure. Now here is the question: How do the words "celebrity" and "going on a leisure trip for sight-seeing"? Exactly, they don't mix at all. Every time you enter a city everyone screams "look! it's hero-sama! Hero-sama came to our city!" and instantly a crowd forms. It's really not that hard to deduce why Satou wants to avoid that. But that would require dropping the "I have to turn my brain off to watch this" premise, and that seems to be too much for some people here.

I totally agree with you. In fact. I go even further to say that one you start to watch an anime and it's not original but base on a manga or light novel/web novel, you should do a little more research. For most times animes don't don't do their source material the justice they truly deserve. Well not unless they follow the source very closely like Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Trinity Seven for example.
Feb 2, 2018 7:25 AM
Oct 2017
deadman80 said:

The game logic has been extremely and surprisingly consistent so far. The primary problem being that it seems that all other things (like skill points, stats, HP, MP, etc.) are tied directly to player level, and as I said already, he's basically bugged and has no level cap.

not really. for instance, why does he feel at all challenged by any monster? if his low-level magic is enough to kill a lvl 60 demon, shouldn't his defense be high enough to defend from any attack from the same demon? if he's bugged so that there's no level cap, then shouldn't all his stats be extremely high? even if he's not good at combat, he should still be near impervious to any attacks from <lvl 100 monsters since there's no CQC weak spots in MMOs, or if there are in this one, they didn't explain it. this is actually what i'm assuming is the reason why he was able to resist literally every magic spell cast at him. his magic def or whatever the cognate in this game is must be so high that magic doesn't really affect him, but by the same logic, he shouldn't be able to take any attacks from that wolf creature.
also, if you have to unlock a skill, like "commanding," by doing it, then did you really unlock it?
Feb 2, 2018 7:31 AM
Oct 2017
Grey-Zone said:

> It's really not that hard to deduce why Satou wants to avoid that.
You literally just made up that explanation out of nothing. There's nothing in the story so far that has shown that Satou doesn't want to be a public figure. The only reason he took down the insurgents in the other episode surreptitiously was because he didn't want to alert their allies. He even states that he wanted the title of Hero at the end, so that goes against your explanation. How are you gonna make shit up and not even keep it consistent with the show you're defending?
Feb 2, 2018 7:33 AM

Jan 2018
Grani-smith said:
3 épisodes and a half is where i drop this, MC's voice is unbearable.

I'm out.

Well, the story is also pretty empty
Feb 2, 2018 7:52 AM

Aug 2011
bitchassdarius said:
Grey-Zone said:

You literally just made up that explanation out of nothing. There's nothing in the story so far that has shown that Satou doesn't want to be a public figure. The only reason he took down the insurgents in the other episode surreptitiously was because he didn't want to alert their allies. He even states that he wanted the title of Hero at the end, so that goes against your explanation. How are you gonna make shit up and not even keep it consistent with the show you're defending?

So you saying that he should proclaim his titles? He has so many. And if they should be known publicly, it would cause a commotion.
The average level of the people aren't high you know? If a level 20 appears it will draw a fair amount of eyes. Imagin if they (the public) found out that Satou is at least level 100? What then? A level 60 demon, no a low-level wyvern causes panic so...
It's too early to make himself publicly known. He just got to the new world and he's figuring things out on his own.

P.S Satou wants the HERO title so he can use the holy items that he possesses and make things a bit easier in his fight against demons and the like. If you do a bit of reading on the WN like the fist chapter/volume, you would understand sooo much more than you do now and won't say such things
haykaFeb 2, 2018 7:56 AM
Feb 2, 2018 7:53 AM

Feb 2017
SO BAD LUL
Overall quality was a mess, uninspired, pathetic.
Even if the production quality is epic level or high class, The story itself so edgy lord 15yo hero save the world, he can do and have anything he want, have so strong "character" with all Legendary tier item and level 310 with 999999999 skill points.
Devil came out of nowhere, create (or whatever the creator wanted) a huge dungeon without any explanation, slave transaction right after out of frightening evil cave.
11/9 EDGY LORD APPROVED

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Feb 2, 2018 8:01 AM
Oct 2017
hayka said:
bitchassdarius said:

So you saying that he should proclaim his titles? He has so many. And if they should be known publicly, it would cause a commotion.
The average level of the people aren't high you know? If a level 20 appears it will draw a fair amount of eyes. Imagin if they (the public) found out that Satou is at least level 100? What then? A level 60 demon, no a low-level wyvern causes panic so...
It's too early to make himself publicly known. He just got to the new world and he's figuring things out on his own.

P.S Satou wants the HERO title so he can use the holy items that he possesses and make things a bit easier in his fight against demons and the like.

If he's able to use a holy sword, then obviously he's a hero. So it doesn't matter if he proclaims it or not, since people would realize it anyway. Once he has the title and uses it, then it will become obvious what his title is. Your argument doesn't work. So yes, he's not trying to hide his title.
Feb 2, 2018 8:10 AM

May 2017
Aversa said:

The question now is will he behave like a harem main or like a men.

Its pretty obvious he's beta af plus his harem are majority of lolis so there's no way he'd be alpha
Feb 2, 2018 8:56 AM

Nov 2013
phoenixtalon said:
I decided to make an account today for the main purpose of voicing my main problem with the MC. He sees that there are slaves in the world and that they're mistreated in previous episodes. He makes no inquiry about how to free a slave at all and instead ends up buying some now. He is overpowered and could probably take on the city if he wanted to. He could easily make a change in the city or country to abolish slavery. Instead he just goes about his day, apparently looking good to the establishment and not causing waves is what he chooses instead.

He does, but it's not shown in the anime. If he would free them, they would have two options:

1. Leaving the city and trying to fend for themselves. Bad idea.
2. Staying in the city and being enslaved again when caught. Bad, obviously.

So ultimately, being his slaves is for the best for them, since they have at least legal protection and it is provided for them. Is it wicked? Yes. But that's how it is.

Attacking the town and making this world his enemy is not a viable course of action.

It's not that simple. If he said, that slavery is wrong, they wouldn't listen to him. The best, that he can do is, treating his slaves well (he doesn't treat them as slaves to begin with) and advocate for changes when possible.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 2, 2018 9:01 AM

Nov 2014
So he gained loli tamer title, huh?
Those 2 new girls look interesting, can't wait for next episode.

gophercg said:

Why does he acquire skills just from getting attacked? In games I've seen that never happens, as you'd need to beat certain monsters or reach some level etc to gain skills. Does the shitty game mechanics try to define 'free lunch'?

It does happen. One example would be Oblivion, where you gained armor exp just for taking hits with it equipped. In Skyrim it was based on dmg received iirc.
JustAnotherShiroFeb 2, 2018 9:13 AM
Feb 2, 2018 9:41 AM

Jun 2013
I hate this Beast-man hating city more and more...exception being few....Especially when Pochi and Tama are cute and Liza is nice.

And this starts the legend of mysterious masked Hero of the labyrinth....

and here is Arisa...Oooh boy
JarjaxleFeb 2, 2018 9:50 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Feb 2, 2018 10:32 AM

Jul 2014
TitanAnteus said:
Crocospect22 said:

Lol this is more true to maturity than the crazy drama shit I've seen with "adults" in anime.

He handles his social environment with experience and grace. He knows when to listen, and how other people feel about him.

He's basically just a fully developed adult character. What people like so much about Death March is that, because you don't have to worry about the protagonist going through mental drama and shit, you can just focus on the awesome world-building and fun side characters.

okay then, but the way they execute their personality and mix it with story seems fail for me, i got it because the first episode is good enough and i thought he will be so much better when comes to mc in later episodes so that's why i keep watching it, but after episode 4 then i started to realize he is just getting worse and worse from what i expected, yes he is mature but if the anime somehow getting worse because of it i don't think it's a good idea at all to keep it in that way, and believe me that's not how every mature guy always behave, because from my point he seems confusing how to act like a teen or an adult and it's annoying and sometimes too edgy to handle, also this is what makes this anime failed to adapt great builds the LN already made from what i got from people who already read it, in the end it's just gonna be a harem again and again...
Feb 2, 2018 10:57 AM

Oct 2014
bitchassdarius said:
Grey-Zone said:

Nice strawman. Then please tell me why would he hide himself to "not alert their allies" when the number of enemies at the time was... one? Yea, I mean in the EP4 battle, not the incident from EP3. Try again, next time. He also hid his strenght from the beastkin slaves because, as he mentioned in EP3, he is afraid that they might not be able to properly keep the secret, when he said "I might have to remind them not to say anything about my magic gun" in EP3.

Also titles themselves have no effect on the public's view of himself. The only reason he wanted the "hero" title was to be able to use the holy sword, which he couldn't use during the battle due to him missing that title. Note how no one ever called him by one of his title in previous episodes. If the people around him could see them, you'd think that at least once someone would have noted the "God-Slayer" title he has. Since no one did, it's only logical to conclude that they CAN'T.

The menue and displays he has are related to a specific skill he has. People usually don't have them. That should be explained in the next episode, if I recall correctly. It should also clear up that this series is truly part of the isekai sub-genre and not the "MMORPG" sub-genre.
Feb 2, 2018 11:49 AM
Oct 2017
Grey-Zone said:
bitchassdarius said:

Nice strawman. Then please tell me why would he hide himself to "not alert their allies" when the number of enemies at the time was... one? Yea, I mean in the EP4 battle, not the incident from EP3. Try again, next time. He also hid his strenght from the beastkin slaves because, as he mentioned in EP3, he is afraid that they might not be able to properly keep the secret, when he said "I might have to remind them not to say anything about my magic gun" in EP3.

Also titles themselves have no effect on the public's view of himself. The only reason he wanted the "hero" title was to be able to use the holy sword, which he couldn't use during the battle due to him missing that title. Note how no one ever called him by one of his title in previous episodes. If the people around him could see them, you'd think that at least once someone would have noted the "God-Slayer" title he has. Since no one did, it's only logical to conclude that they CAN'T.

The menue and displays he has are related to a specific skill he has. People usually don't have them. That should be explained in the next episode, if I recall correctly. It should also clear up that this series is truly part of the isekai sub-genre and not the "MMORPG" sub-genre.

>Yea, I mean in the EP4 battle, not the incident from EP3.
Talk about strawman. I was only talking about EP3 because that was the only situation that was comparable.
>The only reason he wanted the "hero" title was to be able to use the holy sword, which he couldn't use during the battle due to him missing that title.
Addressed this earlier. If he's able to use a holy sword, then everyone would know he would be of a hero status because of the fact that he could use it. So he's not trying to hide it, or if he is, he's not doing a good job. You don't need to see his title to be able to deduce it. So your hypothesis is complete bs.
Feb 2, 2018 11:49 AM

Dec 2016
It's funny that they included grinding for levels into the show. Again this show continues to be a pretty solid and fun watch, and gahhh damn are Pochi and Tama just super adorable!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 2, 2018 12:12 PM

Oct 2014
bitchassdarius said:
Grey-Zone said:

Talk about strawman. I was only talking about EP3 because that was the only situation that was comparable.
>The only reason he wanted the "hero" title was to be able to use the holy sword, which he couldn't use during the battle due to him missing that title.
Addressed this earlier. If he's able to use a holy sword, then everyone would know he would be of a hero status because of the fact that he could use it. So he's not trying to hide it, or if he is, he's not doing a good job. You don't need to see his title to be able to deduce it. So your hypothesis is complete bs.

You forgot the fact that he was using the holy sword while in disguise... I mean, what did you think the mask, wig and different clothes were for, if not to mask his identity? There is no problem if his fake identity gets viewed as a hero. He just has to change his clothes afterwards. The only instance he used the holy sword in normal clothes was when there was no one else around, after he jumped out of the trap pitfall.

Did you actually watch the episode?
Feb 2, 2018 12:14 PM
Oct 2017
Grey-Zone said:
bitchassdarius said:

You forgot the fact that he was using the holy sword while in disguise... I mean, what did you think the mask, wig and different clothes were for, if not to mask his identity? There is no problem if his fake identity gets viewed as a hero. He just has to change his clothes afterwards. The only instance he used the holy sword in normal clothes was when there was no one else around, after he jumped out of the trap pitfall.

So every time he's in a fight where he wants to use his holy sword, he has to put on a disguise? That's fucking stupid, and you know it.
Feb 2, 2018 12:15 PM

Apr 2011
Antanaru said:
Well, the question is why so many LN authors are bothering with stupid MMO limitations instead of making actual fantasy.

The character is more relatable I guess ? I'm pretty sure a lot of people who like this genre are gamers themselves.

Also, it's an excuse to make the main character overpowered.
Feb 2, 2018 12:27 PM

Oct 2014
bitchassdarius said:
Grey-Zone said:

So every time he's in a fight where he wants to use his holy sword, he has to put on a disguise? That's fucking stupid, and you know it.

Say that in Japan and you'd get lynched. They really love their masked heroes. Heck, Power Rangers came from the Japanese Sentai series as well. And it's not like the West doesn't have its own share of masked heroes, considering the various Marvel and DC comics.

Also he has a skill for instantly changing clothes, called "quick dress", but I don't know whether the anime will mention it. I don't even remember when it was first mentioned in the WN and manga versions anyways.

Well to be fair, one thing the anime didn't properly mention is the fact that Satou can actually turn titles on and off, just like skills. So there's that.
Feb 2, 2018 12:29 PM

Nov 2011
Liza, Pochi, and Tama are so darn cute!

I wonder what was up with that slave girl at the end though! Hmm

Sure enough I am starting to dislike Zena. Not fully but she's starting to get annoying.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 2, 2018 12:40 PM

Mar 2010
bitchassdarius said:
deadman80 said:

The game logic has been extremely and surprisingly consistent so far. The primary problem being that it seems that all other things (like skill points, stats, HP, MP, etc.) are tied directly to player level, and as I said already, he's basically bugged and has no level cap.

not really. for instance, why does he feel at all challenged by any monster? if his low-level magic is enough to kill a lvl 60 demon, shouldn't his defense be high enough to defend from any attack from the same demon? if he's bugged so that there's no level cap, then shouldn't all his stats be extremely high? even if he's not good at combat, he should still be near impervious to any attacks from <lvl 100 monsters since there's no CQC weak spots in MMOs, or if there are in this one, they didn't explain it. this is actually what i'm assuming is the reason why he was able to resist literally every magic spell cast at him. his magic def or whatever the cognate in this game is must be so high that magic doesn't really affect him, but by the same logic, he shouldn't be able to take any attacks from that wolf creature.
also, if you have to unlock a skill, like "commanding," by doing it, then did you really unlock it?

The only challenges he has really faced so far is how to defeat the monsters in a way that does not expose his OPness to any bystanders, and learning how to use the skills and items that he has. His mindset is not that of a trained warrior after all. It does not matter if you get some sort of supersword if you don't know how to swing it w/o chopping off your own foot. :x

All of his stats ARE extremely high. In fact, they are maxed out as far as the system will allow. This was shown in ep1.

All of the demons attacks WERE successfully defended against. Even the petribreath wore off of his hand once the "Resist Petrification" skill was unlocked.

He consistently has full HP, since nothing has been able to do more damage to him than what his auto-regen can cover, and he probably has too much HP for incidental damage to even reflect graphically. Even the holy sword's stated DOT effect wasn't making any dent in the bar, so it took me an extra second to understand that there was one (and compelled me to slowmo thru the scene to see if the bar moved at all, which it didn't.) That doesn't mean that it doesn't cause pain to be injured, only that the actual damage is trivialized.

If by "CQC weak spots in MMOs" you meant positional/directional weak points or gimmicks, then you are utterly and absolutely wrong. Stuff like "don't stand in front of a dragon" and "aim for the front legs" has been around since MMOs have existed. There's even games built around "weak points" like Phantasy Star Online, where you actually have to aim at specific marked points.

Each and every time he is exposed to something that has a skill attached to it, (just about anything really,) we get the little popup that he learned the skill. In his skill screen, each skill is show to be upgradeable from 0-10. Even if he has 0pts in a skill, it's still active, just at a very low level. Maxing one out to 10 confers total mastery and powers it up significantly, most likely far beyond what normal residents of this world can obtain.
deadman80Feb 2, 2018 12:43 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2018

146 by RamonDehon »»
Mar 16, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2018

122 by lostinursheets »»
Mar 13, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2018

144 by Forum »»
Feb 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2018

269 by KinjiKido »»
Jan 28, 3:09 AM

» Isekai Animes are going to start needing Bechdel Tests

Talamare - Nov 8, 2023

14 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jan 26, 12:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.