Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 24, 2018 3:18 PM

Nov 2015
I absolutely love how everyone's meaning of "overrated anime" is "anime I don't like". In every list on every page in every year, ever. Guys, I think we should finally give up on this word and use something like "anime that a lot of people love but i consider it trash there are the reasons:~".
Btw, @-Lofn-, I disagree with a lot of this but respect for showing a risky list like this. I think everyone here have at least one of their favourites among your overrates (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Jan 24, 2018 3:19 PM

Oct 2015
@way2fab4u I've always taken risk on this webiste xD

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Jan 24, 2018 3:23 PM
Aug 2016
In my opinion

Fmab
Kimi no na wa
Re:Zero
No game no life
Noragami second season
Made in abys
One punch man
A silent voice
Bnha
Hajime no ippo

All of them are pretty good but dont deserve the score
Jan 24, 2018 3:24 PM

Jun 2008
zal said:
Steins; boring and predictable ;Gate

you know nothing John Snow.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Jan 24, 2018 3:26 PM

Jun 2014
Sayoki-kun said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:
Anime discussion has gotten creatively bankrupt with all these overrated threads. The golden age of discussion is nowhere to be found...

When has the anime community (especially MAL) been much about discussion? Tell me I'd like to know

You're new here so it's not like you would know anything unless you were a stalker of the site. The frequency of low effort posts has risen so much that it has made this board effectively a shitposting hub.

Just don't accuse me of viewing this through tinted glasses as I was a spectator back then like many others.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jan 24, 2018 3:42 PM

Nov 2017
Ahhh this thread again. Just mention any popular and highly regarded shows you don't like.
Jan 24, 2018 3:46 PM

Nov 2009
Most overrated is definitely Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Jan 24, 2018 3:53 PM
Jul 2018
MyHeroAcademia
It looks like trash, it feels like trash, the characters are trash, the battles are trash, the logic in it is trash, the story is nonexistent ... in short; it's just trash! I don't get the hype behind it either, it's the epitome of a generic shounen as they can get. So I guess it is the honorary successor of Bleach, but at least that one looked pretty.
Jan 24, 2018 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
Kimi No Nawa ( I don't even know how it reached top 50 ... )
Steins Gate ( unique plot , rest is shit but doesn't deserve the very high rank )
Code geass ( nice strategical boy we got there , but plot and everything else is just ... )
Shigatsu wa kimi no uso ( 14 years old hit puberty so hard so it's time to be involved in a romance issues like mature people , right ?)
Monotagari series ( Heavy dialogues are so boring , it's just high ranked cuz it has many sequels so big fanbase )
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu ( wtf is this even )
Natsume Yuujinchou ( tried to watch it but I'd rather watch yuri animes -tho I hate yuri -than it)

PS:That's my personal opinion , sorry if I triggered someone or was offensive.
Jan 24, 2018 4:09 PM

Apr 2017
SilentBlaster said:
Kimi No Nawa ( I don't even know how it reached top 50 ... )
Steins Gate ( unique plot , rest is shit but doesn't deserve the very high rank )
Code geass ( nice strategical boy we got there , but plot and everything else is just ... )
Shigatsu wa kimi no uso ( 14 years old hit puberty so hard so it's time to be involved in a romance issues like mature people , right ?)
Monotagari series ( Heavy dialogues are so boring , it's just high ranked cuz it has many sequels so big fanbase )
Natsume Yuujinchou ( tried to watch it but I'd rather watch yuri animes -tho I hate yuri -than it)

Ah, I love it when someone writes my comment before I do. Agree 100% on the first two.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2018 5:29 PM

Jul 2016
TurboAutist said:
pajamaplace said:
No Game No Life
Blue Exorcist
RokuAka

All of them I got really bored of while watching, especially with RokuAka’s

RokuAka is overrated? Most people I came across either disliked or were indifferent towards it.

I watched it until the end almost exclusively because of the MC, to be honest.

Same.

And I’ve seen waaaay too many people saying it was “amazing” and “one of the best” •~•

Jan 24, 2018 5:48 PM

Dec 2016
While I liked Kimi no Na Wa (gave it a 7) I have no idea how such a simple, Sunday morning movie like that could have reached that high.

Code Geass R2 is also a baffling case. No idea how that epic disaster ranks so high.
Jan 24, 2018 6:43 PM

Jan 2018
Hataraku Maou-sama, whats so good about it people
Jan 24, 2018 7:15 PM
Jan 2018
Eureka Seven

I heard a lot of praise first coming into this anime, but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be
Jan 24, 2018 8:04 PM

Jan 2014
Ok so currently there's Magus Bride that's airing. I think it's pretty overrated. The magic aspect isn't really explored at all. The show itself is mostly seeing new places and seeing Chise need someone to save her over and over and over again. Not to mention the art style is pretty average - maybe even on the dull side most of the time. It's already episode 15 and I don't particularly feel attached to any of the characters so far. Silky gets like a tiny fraction of an episode of backstory, and I wish that was expanded upon a little more. I'm starting to feel like Chise has "stockholm syndrome" or something. She's in a very weak/vulnerable place in her life, but when you put that into perspective, then that means she would literally be attached to anyone that calls her "family" (it just so happened to be him). She was that desperate. She knows literally nothing about her "husband" yet likes him. She's not exactly a great role model, I'd say. But hey, she's "special" because that's how the mangaka (or whatever) wrote it, and that's literally all the show has going for it.

I might get into spoiler territory (for those who haven't kept up with the airing episodes).
ZelevJan 24, 2018 8:09 PM

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 24, 2018 8:06 PM

Jun 2017
Obviously any anime that I dislike because my opinion matters.
I'm a shitposter for fun
Jan 24, 2018 8:08 PM

Aug 2013
Bobtooth said:

I heard a lot of praise first coming into this anime, but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be

To a certain point I think this is the main problem, you get your hopes high when you start an anime which is in the top 100, no matter what top 100 or an anime which is highly recommended.
I´m pretty sure you can only be disappointed in one way or another, it happens to me all the time and then I wonder what they heck is it all about this sh**.
Jan 24, 2018 8:21 PM

Jul 2017
ZionPulse said:
Obviously any anime that I dislike because my opinion matters.
Thats 95% of the answers on these threads
Jan 24, 2018 8:33 PM

Feb 2016
tragedydesu said:
Opm
It have the worst comedy I have ever seen

Toradora
You can't have a worse female main love interest than taiga
Woah there buddy. Them be fiightin words...
Jan 24, 2018 8:38 PM

Sep 2017
Anything that's popular that you don't like, *insert said anime* is overrated aye lol. I'll go with No Game No Life. Swear it's like a constant loop with these threads, I'm feeling deja vu.
Jan 24, 2018 8:38 PM

Nov 2016
-Lofn- said:
I also have things that are rated lower in there, but I still like them, so here are the ones that I didn't like and still rated low-okay

One Piece anime and manga

I think you are probably doing scores wrong
ts why mean score 4.3
Jan 24, 2018 8:41 PM

Oct 2015
kisb said:

I think you are probably doing scores wrong
ts why mean score 4.3
Possibly, possibly. Maybe it is the reason.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,

Jan 24, 2018 8:43 PM

Apr 2013
Probably one piece and dragon ball come at me lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2018 8:46 PM
Oct 2015
First, one that comes to my mind is fairy tail
Heckle was here...
Jan 24, 2018 8:46 PM

Jan 2018
No Game No Life. It's a 12 episodes series basically about incest, it wasnt bad but didnt need the hype it got.
Jan 24, 2018 8:51 PM

Jan 2018
Also, dont let what other people say abt a series change ur opinon on it before even watching. Just cause someone else thinks its shit doesnt mean you'll think its shit. Always check out a series before judging it!
Jan 24, 2018 8:57 PM
Jan 2018
one piece in my opinion, really dont get the hype surrounding it.
Jan 24, 2018 8:58 PM

Dec 2014
Hey these are always fun!

Every Durarara sequel
Code Geass
P much everything Makoto Shinkai has ever directed
Angel Beats
Akame ga Kill
Another
Assassination Classroom (decent)
Boku no Hero Academia (good but not great)
Elfen Lied
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Bladeworks (decent)
Girls Und Panzer
I'd say Guilty Crown but I think people have caught on to how bad it is by now
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Hyouka
K-on
P much all of Love Live! School Idol Project
Future Diary
Fairy Tail
Attack on Titan (s2 is okay)
Tokyo Ghoul
No Game No Life
Wolf Children
Psycho Pass (decent)
Soul Eater
Sword Art Online, although I think like 50% of people think its crap so idk if it counts???
Gurren Lagann (good but not great)
Konosuba
3-Gatsu no Lion
Jan 24, 2018 9:04 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Gintama maybe on a popularity scale. Not saying it's not good it's just Ginatama.

NeoLegendX said:

Detective Conan

An odd pick? Even DC fans are sick of DC.
Jan 24, 2018 9:04 PM

Dec 2015
Fate/Zero. It's good but nothing special.
Jan 24, 2018 9:15 PM

Feb 2012
Obviously that trash called Gintama my dude
Jan 24, 2018 9:21 PM
Jul 2018
Kimi no na wa (I liked this) and Sword Art Online (Hated this) but these animes are always talked about
Jan 24, 2018 9:29 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
pgmhecateii said:
Stripes said:

Nah, it's not the anime I'm sick of, it's the annoying characters (Sonoko, Ayumi, Genta, Mitsuhiko) I'm sick of. It's pretty much the only reason why DC is only a 9 for me. And, it's been close to 900 eps and Conan hasn't even gone back to Shinichi...(sorry if you have no clue what I'm talking about).

No I've read a ton and watched quite a bit of it. It's assumingly tedious because the characters can't grow and change or get interesting because they're basically in a time loop. And even though I think DC is highly interesting and I love murder mysteries, following that series trying to string along a plot for 900+ is shitty.

I guess I blame the Japanese for making it overrated because it wouldn't have ever gone on that long without them.
Jan 24, 2018 9:31 PM

Sep 2017
Can I say something controversial?

A Silent Voice.

I didn't enjoy that movie very much. I heard it was soo amazing but I was completely underwhelmed by that film.
Jan 24, 2018 9:38 PM

Oct 2015
SilentBlaster said:

Not that I am against you saying that or anything, but you are calling something overrated even though you haven't watched it? Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu is one of the most well-received anime by a lot of veteran anime fans (yeah, I call them that).

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,

Jan 24, 2018 9:40 PM

Aug 2017
All anime is overrated. The Land of the Rising Wood needs to settle down.
Jan 24, 2018 9:47 PM
Mar 2016
Fate/Zero is probably the most overrated anime. I don't understand at all how it's as popular as it is.
Jan 24, 2018 10:30 PM

May 2017
But obviously the one taking the top spot ,come bitches who wanna fight ?
Jan 24, 2018 10:31 PM
Sep 2009
I only add the ones that my score was worse than the mean score by -2 or more
RemuresuJan 24, 2018 10:37 PM
Jan 24, 2018 10:32 PM
Dec 2017
Aot
Bnha
FairyTail
Gintama
Kimi no nawa
detective conan
Sao 1
Maid dragon
Jan 24, 2018 10:32 PM
Jul 2012
Logh of course

Also clannad, though you can't take that fanbase seriously in the first place
Jan 25, 2018 1:18 AM
Apr 2017
Stripes said:
Gintama maybe on a popularity scale. Not saying it's not good it's just Ginatama.

NeoLegendX said:

Detective Conan

IF they are, how come its going strong.
Jan 25, 2018 3:47 AM

Nov 2009
That's really easy for me.

Akira and the Dragonball series. I can appreciate Akira's animation, especially for the time it was made, but I found the story to be boring (and I'm usually pretty easy to please). Dragonball...well, I don't think it's bad (although the early art is; I'm talking zero regard for proportion in specific scenes), but I don't understand why people treat it like it's the greatest ever. I guess it's mostly casual fans that feel this way, though.

I don't have a problem with anyone that loves these, though. I'm just saying I don't get it.
Jan 25, 2018 5:14 AM

Aug 2017
IntoOpenWaters said:
That's really easy for me.

Akira and the Dragonball series. I can appreciate Akira's animation, especially for the time it was made, but I found the story to be boring (and I'm usually pretty easy to please). Dragonball...well, I don't think it's bad (although the early art is; I'm talking zero regard for proportion in specific scenes), but I don't understand why people treat it like it's the greatest ever. I guess it's mostly casual fans that feel this way, though.

I don't have a problem with anyone that loves these, though. I'm just saying I don't get it.
That is fine,i feel same about the dragonball series soooo
Jan 25, 2018 5:38 AM

Oct 2017
Naruto and One piece are the most overrated in my book.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 25, 2018 6:00 AM

Dec 2012
Overrated = Popular /= trash

Trash is... that one that just ended a while ago but don't want to admin it and ended up making another same sh*t but with a different name boruto, or add another letter at the end of the name Dragonsh*t Z.

Just think that they're wasting their money to make a hundred episodes of the same thing over and over again, while there's so many people are hoping a sequel of [insert a title here].
Your opinion doesn't matter, f*ck off.
Thank you.
Jan 25, 2018 6:19 AM
Jul 2018
-Lofn- said:
SilentBlaster said:

Not that I am against you saying that or anything, but you are calling something overrated even though you haven't watched it? Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu is one of the most well-received anime by a lot of veteran anime fans (yeah, I call them that).

Actually If I watched it I'd be more critical against it. Like Very Very Old Anime and I'm an addicted to the nice graphics and visuals. Even I'm facing a problem with finishing cowboy bebop.. Maybe as u said for "veterans" whom started watching anime since Gundam , Berserk ,Dragon ball and these animes. Ofc in this state I can understand the high rank for it & why people love it. But it's 2018 now so I think some of the recent anime are supposed to be under the spotlight. But for me nah, Also, It's a "Mecha" Anime which one of the most I hate So as I said , even if i watch it or don't it won't matter. My opinion won't change xD
Jan 25, 2018 6:22 AM

Oct 2015
SilentBlaster said:
But for me nah, Also, It's a "Mecha" Anime which one of the most I hate So as I said , even if i watch it or don't it won't matter. My opinion won't change xD
But it ain't even mecha though. It has spaceships, but no Gundam-like robot Giants.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,

Jan 25, 2018 6:24 AM
May 2017
What is the most overrated anime?

Fullmetal and Konosua.
Jan 25, 2018 6:28 AM
Jul 2018
-Lofn- said:
SilentBlaster said:
But for me nah, Also, It's a "Mecha" Anime which one of the most I hate So as I said , even if i watch it or don't it won't matter. My opinion won't change xD
But it ain't even mecha though. It has spaceships, but no Gundam-like robot Giants.

Ohh I see then, that's nice ! Well, Maybe it has a nice plot and characters but the old graphics is just too hard for my eyes to keep looking at. If they'll make a remake of it I'd probably give it a try.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

89 by EcchiGodMamster »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you pick new anime to watch thinking you probably will like it? Or just picking whatever is popular?

Rinrinka - Yesterday

38 by zulala558 »»
6 minutes ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 )

NoelleIsSleepy - Yesterday

73 by perseii »»
20 minutes ago

» Anime you would watch if it never ended

ST63LTH - 2 hours ago

5 by tchitchouan »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » Japanese Anime and its Relationship to the Source Material vs Western Media

LSSJ_Gaming - 6 hours ago

14 by TheDoodle »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.