Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 9, 2018 9:19 PM

May 2012
Pretty damn solid start I must say, interesting characters and really solid pacing!

Looking forwards to see what this anime has to offer but it already has me hooked with Shogi and some really interesting characters.

Let's see what's next.
Oct 31, 2018 2:24 AM

Jul 2016
Amazing first episode. I wasn't bored for a second.
Jul 1, 2019 8:24 PM

Aug 2009
i can see why there's mixed reviews about this series now...

personally was quit enjoyable for me minus the cliches and lewding lolis

sticking to it for now
Aug 15, 2020 7:06 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Certainly wasn't a bad first episode, this.

Comedy was so-so and the Characters so far just about fine so hopefully they'll grow on me with time.

"Lewd the lolis", I see this show is taking this route, huh?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 18, 2020 8:38 AM
Dec 2016
Kayano Ai voicing Keika with soothing onee-san voice is really refreshing.
Nov 23, 2020 6:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So this is like 3-gatsu but with loli and weird characters... why not xD
Apr 5, 2021 11:26 PM

Jan 2021
I legit downloaded 6 episodes already of this anime.But they literally showed a naked loli in the first episode. ;(

-Dropped
May 14, 2021 9:40 AM

Aug 2018
lol.. If he's the weakest in history it means that everyone else also sucked?.. ;D Also, I don't buy this public reaction, really.. There always will be someone, who'll shit.. And there always will be someone who will support.. And if he's new and unexpected - he'd be called dark horse by some people for sure.. A sensation in a way, if it was unexpected.. Unless whole tournament sucked, lol..
Hm, so Hinatsuru Ai's daddy is cash daddy.. Owning a hotel.. Ok..
Hinatsuru is a fast learner, it seems.. And I see other character among mains, whose name is Ai.. Why do that, now I don't know, how to call them not officially, to actually distinguish them..
Or MC even sees her as shougi genius, hm..
lol.. It seems both loli and visitor are quite jealous.. And Hinatsuru is even to yandere levels.. Well, I guess, it makes sense.. I mean, I'd expect that being yandere is related to obsession, and Hinatsuru already is obsessed with shougi, so it's kind of makes sense about her personality.. So that's how Ai might be in love.. Interesting..
Well.. I'd rather have Ginko and Ai not conflicting.. But I understand that first impression between them was.. tense...
lol, S service by creators in the end with Ginko.. ;D
Jul 9, 2021 7:53 PM

Jun 2020
So an upcoming Professional Shogi player who became a Ryuuou the title of the "strongest" player of them all receives a backlash as they see Yaichi unfit for this title which was somewhat agreeable in a sense meets a young girl who has a talent that's yet to be awoken

Oh god I see the random misunderstanding from the first scene which was amusing and a bossy girl who looks like your older sister comes into place yikes

As to this point on they're fighting their battles to progress in the Shogi world to show what skill Ai has in herself and also Yaichi to prove that he deserves the title of being the Ryuuou.
Aug 13, 2021 9:38 PM

Feb 2014
9 years old is a shogi genius, ok.

Are people really hating on it based on one scene with a naked loli?
Now, I (obviously) haven't seen any more episodes yet, so maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think something like that scene will be repeated again.

Tho the scene itself was pretty funny, open the door and you find your "brother" on top of a naked little girl lmao.
Dec 10, 2021 4:06 AM
Oct 2021
This anime make me learn how to play shogi now im good at it. thanks for make me learn new thing .
Jun 14, 2022 2:25 PM

Jan 2020
I'm a big fan of anime that include board games. But, I dropped this almost immediately when it was first airing because of the clear loli bait. That being said, I'm trying to cull my dropped/stalled list, so I'm just going to bite the bullet and binge this. I'm not expecting much though.

Yeah, they really aren't trying to hide it, even 4 minutes in. "If I become Ryuo I'll do anything you ask!" This is about to be Eromanga Sensei all over again. There was already a shower scene too, and the sister walked in on him "accidentally" overtop of her. Lawdy loo.

Well, at least there is some shogi in this. Hopefully that will make this worth while. And hopefully I won't be added to some government list because of all the loli bait.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 7, 2022 12:30 AM

Jul 2019
I didn't think much of the shower scene until Ai stepped out and told Yaichi to look at her. Is she attracted to him or just a bit possessive and clingy? Time will tell. I like her attitude though. "Who are you calling 'auntie'?!" "What is it, Auntie?" Hehe, good stuff.

Keika is best girl. (っ♡ω♡)っ

Jun 10, 2023 7:39 PM

Feb 2019
i was ready to not like this series; i picked it on a whim for lack of anything else to watch, but it looks wholesome enough that i will enjoy watching it to the end :D
Nov 2, 2023 7:17 AM

Dec 2022
Really good start. I don't know anything about shogi, but the master-disciple dynamic seems interesting. Ai is also very cute, and I'm hoping for even more precocious lolis soon.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 16, 2023 6:55 PM

Nov 2023
Well erm what was this anime
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2018

94 by basspig »»
Feb 27, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2018

112 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2018

68 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2018

104 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2018

65 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.