Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 2, 2018 2:55 PM
Jul 2018
FireCrauter said:
oh wow the anime quality is top notch, i don't know why im so hype for lizard arc but the graphic just soo damn good.

this is far beyond my imagination & espectation from the light novel or the manga, its so good.

I do not remember any of those lizards in the first season, as they are called or in what episode they left in the first season?
it's not included in the first season but it's shown as an extra scene at the end of the second recap movie. basically an NPC tells ainz there is a low lvl lizardmen village so he decides to enslave them
Jan 2, 2018 3:04 PM

Jun 2008
Nordhammer said:
Monad said:
Rushed as fuck. This is not good. It seems like they want to squeeze a ton of contend into few episodes.

Are you familiar with the light novel or the other media released?

Began with the intermission chapters from the 4th&7th volumes respectively,the 4th vol's prologue,threw in a bit from the 2nd drama CD.Then went into recap mode...and at the very end began the story.

So in other words just a standard first episode info dump,and a close adaption of the source material.
One thing though...the first four characters introduced,you'll not see two of them again and the other two...not so much either.

Probably going to have three-four episodes covering the Lizardmen Arc,with the remaining episodes covering Sebas and Demiurge.

No reason to show characters we never saw at the start of a show(is very confusing when at the start you see unfamiliar things), especially when they won't revisit them in this season.
It basically makes it impossible to even remember much from those scenes.
Not only that but they threw those characters so absurdly without even a small setup to guide you in to the scene.
To me that is bad directing. And too much jumping into unknown things.

Then we skip at super speed on any exposition on the Kingdom and what he was talking about referring to the nobles and how Gazef told him about Ainz and even worse after that we see the lizardmen being threaten before we even get any familiarity with them or caring about them at all.
Jan 2, 2018 3:35 PM

Sep 2013
Monad said:

No reason to show characters we never saw at the start of a show(is very confusing when at the start you see unfamiliar things), especially when they won't revisit them in this season.
Not only that but they threw those characters so absurdly without even a small setup to guide you in to the scene.

Then we skip at super speed on any exposition on the Kingdom and what he was talking about referring to the nobles and how Gazef told him about Ainz and even worse after that we see the lizardmen being threaten before we even get any familiarity with them or caring about them at all.

You'll remember those characters precisely because it's done in the 1st ep.
If it was done halfway through you would forget easier and they also want to build up hype so this was a good move by director, the kingdom talk in particular will be the highlight of season 3 when it happens.

Most lizard men don't matter and there isn't much culture to focus on since they're lizards, the ones who do matter are the 2 talking at the fish farm and will be further fleshed out next ep.
Jan 2, 2018 4:21 PM
Jan 2018
FireCrauter said:
oh wow the anime quality is top notch, i don't know why im so hype for lizard arc but the graphic just soo damn good.

this is far beyond my imagination & espectation from the light novel or the manga, its so good.

I do not remember any of those lizards in the first season, as they are called or in what episode they left in the first season?
ther
FireCrauter said:

the lizard men are new and have just been introduced in the fist episode of season 2
Jan 2, 2018 5:00 PM

Mar 2011
Monad said:
Nordhammer said:

Are you familiar with the light novel or the other media released?

Began with the intermission chapters from the 4th&7th volumes respectively,the 4th vol's prologue,threw in a bit from the 2nd drama CD.Then went into recap mode...and at the very end began the story.

So in other words just a standard first episode info dump,and a close adaption of the source material.
One thing though...the first four characters introduced,you'll not see two of them again and the other two...not so much either.

Probably going to have three-four episodes covering the Lizardmen Arc,with the remaining episodes covering Sebas and Demiurge.

Lol, those characters foreshadowed so many great things about the future plot and basically confirmed the existence of actual players that came into that world in the past (Rubik Cube and the six gods talk) and the existence of beings able to put up a fight against the Nazarick guardians. Plus it showed the ripple effects of Shaltear and Ainz's actions within the different factions in the world. How was that confusing or hard to understand? It's also a clue that maybe a season 3 might be a possibility with this early introductions of said characters. It was pure hype.
Jan 2, 2018 11:38 PM

May 2015
Well a lot of things happened in this episode and I felt lost, but at least they started a conflict early, so I'll just let the anime play from there...
Jan 3, 2018 12:41 AM

Jan 2013
Served as a good reintroduction to the word. So many characters though, I don't remember much from the first season.
Jan 3, 2018 2:19 AM

Jul 2015
Aaaaahhhh how nice it is to see my favorite, extremely over-powered skeleton overlord Ainz-sama again. An excellent way to kick off the new year.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 3, 2018 6:16 AM

Dec 2009
Maybe i'm too much of a bloodborne fanatic, but that dog maid reminds me of Vicar Amelia, and the barman reminds me of a hunter with the Milkweed rune and Kos parasite equiped...
Anyways, the animation was good... the episode itself was kind of weak, but i get that it's building world and setting things up for future events, old woman Rigrit looks like a badass too.
Jan 3, 2018 7:23 AM

Dec 2015
Damn it, how the hell did I forget about Overlord...

Hohoho, I already like the chick at the start, she like she's just as crazy as Albedo and Shalltear.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 3, 2018 1:19 PM

Sep 2014
Good to see Overlord's back and quite a few new characters introduced in the beginning! Heterochromia girl and the dragon seem pretty interesting.
Feels good to see Albedo's back and just as obsessive as ever haha :D
Those lizards are in for some fun time, looking forward to see Cocytus in action!
Really good ending song, singer seems familiar hmm..
nerfxJan 3, 2018 1:25 PM
Jan 3, 2018 2:35 PM
Jan 2016
Nezperdian said:
Sacerdotisa said:
After 3 years.
it's worth it to see it again <3

Wow. Already 3 years? It feels like yesterday. Time flies while wating for the next Vol of the LN.

I know man ... I know. Those Feelings for Neia just let the time go like a stream.
Jan 3, 2018 2:38 PM
Jan 2016
nerfx said:
Good to see Overlord's back and quite a few new characters introduced in the beginning! Heterochromia girl and the dragon seem pretty interesting.
Feels good to see Albedo's back and just as obsessive as ever haha :D
Those lizards are in for some fun time, looking forward to see Cocytus in action!
Really good ending song, singer seems familiar hmm..

Thing is, Dragon and woman seem to be players from the last centerur... and at least the dragon thinks that Ainz is a threat.
Jan 3, 2018 4:02 PM

May 2015
Really glad to see this back, as I really enjoyed the first season! Not much happened in this first episode, but it was enjoyable nonetheless to see some of the cast back and their interactions!

I can see myself enjoying this season as well. Also, nice ED.

Jan 4, 2018 9:13 AM
Jan 2010
the only quality Anime after Steins;Gate
Jan 4, 2018 9:17 AM
Jun 2017
ConstantDenial said:
FireCrauter said:

it's not included in the first season but it's shown as an extra scene at the end of the second recap movie. basically an NPC tells ainz there is a low lvl lizardmen village so he decides to enslave them

I'll be that guy..Actually the first season's opening shows Cocytus facing the Lizardmen.The first season's opening has a few other previews/spoilers for the 2nd season.
Jan 4, 2018 9:20 AM
Jul 2018
Nordhammer said:
ConstantDenial said:

I'll be that guy..Actually the first season's opening shows Cocytus facing the Lizardmen.The first season's opening has a few other previews/spoilers for the 2nd season.
madhouse often does that. they did it for OPM too but the dude asked whether it was in an episode.
Jan 4, 2018 11:43 AM
May 2015
XXXXXXXXXIII said:
Looks good, and doesn't seem like the lizardman arc will last too long.
I give it 2 to 2 and a half episodes ! :P :D
Jan 4, 2018 1:22 PM

Mar 2012
Nordhammer said:

(PDL just coming right with saying he knows about YGGDRASIL,the anime just wants to hammer the point home lol)

Was this hinted at in the LN? I don't remember anything like that happening.
Jan 4, 2018 2:41 PM

Sep 2017
A fairly typical pre arc(s) set up episode, so no action or plot points to speak of, but some necessary exposition and a few of the main characters that are easy to reconnect with. Fairly solid start
Jan 5, 2018 4:50 AM

Sep 2011
"Heed us! We bear the words of the supreme one, This is a warning!...

You've all been sentenced to death!!"

I LOVED IT I LOVED IT I FKIN LOVED IT!!!! watched the episode 3 times already!.
Jan 5, 2018 6:32 AM
Jun 2017
milk_teapot said:

Was this hinted at in the LN? I don't remember anything like that happening.

PDL does not come right out with naming YGGDRASIL in the light novel,rather they mention the home of the 8 greed kings having powerful items,and that one or more of the 13 heros were'players".
Jan 5, 2018 8:32 AM

Oct 2017
They begin the first ep quite well, new characters and interesting up-coming battles. I read some spoilers and hope that this will also be a good anime for watching this season.
Jan 6, 2018 2:16 PM
Jan 2016
Nordhammer said:
There are times when I think an adaption tries to follow it's source too closely....

Zesshi Zetsumei & Captain of the Black Scripture are one-shot charters at this point.Their scene does serve to confirm the existence of other players but this should be the last we see of them.....Her future storyline has not been written into the LN.

That one of the things I love about Overlord ^^.
I assume that there aren’t anymore infos to the strange woman fellow who wants Ainz to impregnate her (Lizardman insider)... right?
Jan 6, 2018 7:50 PM

Oct 2013
Great first episode, has gotten me pumped for the season. My only complaint would be the animation of the black cloud. It seemed a little too stiff, but otherwise the animation for the first episode was fine. Pumped to see crap go down.
Jan 6, 2018 10:48 PM

Aug 2017
wow!! great first episode...the last scene with the black clouds gave me the chills.

i don't know whether its opening or ending song but i liked it.

So will the same episode be aired on 9th jan or the 2nd episode (if not i'll have to wait for 9 days for 2nd and i don't think i'll be able to live till then XD )
Jan 7, 2018 12:12 AM

Mar 2016
I don't know what is happening in the beginning, but when I saw the lizard, damn goosebumps, they are the biggest reason why I want to watch Overlord, the Lizard Arc(I don't know the official name).

And the Comedy is Gold
Jan 7, 2018 3:16 AM
Dec 2017
Good start, the animation is better, and I hope the Op will be good as the series
Jan 7, 2018 10:27 PM

Aug 2013
Enjoyed it, not bad, hope they go with 24 episodes considering how much stuff they are putting in only this one season compared to what they did on the first one.

I got what I expected, lots and lots of races, because thats what a fantasy world should be instead of having the boring human/elven/dwarf plague that has been around for decades.

There was imps, armored golems, lizardmen, other smart skeletons, a dog maid that isnt the cliché female girl with barely any fur/with only dog ears, dragons, a mushrom butler and even a penguin.

The only thing I am disliking is the quality in some scenes, while ains and the lizards seemed to have exelent artwork, the rest was either average and some character scenes were realy terrible. (On the scene where that dude and a girl with the cube, the dude artwork terrible compared to even anime that were made 3 decades ago)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2018 2:37 AM

Jun 2015
Dave_murphy said:
FireCrauter said:

ther
FireCrauter said:

the lizard men are new and have just been introduced in the fist episode of season 2

its in season 1 episode 13 last minutes
you will see/hear albedo said about lizard race being experiment for making undeads, because human dead body only get undead lv 40 or below
Jan 8, 2018 4:31 AM

Dec 2015
Argh, I was literally at Aqua city on the 30thhhhhhh

Interesting how they're starting off the series by introducing a crap-tonne of new characters again, hope they'll improve over the last season. The ending was really nice.
~
Jan 9, 2018 10:00 AM

Dec 2010
Fantastic first episode as always, also the author give to us fans a big "thank you" to support the saga:

Jan 9, 2018 10:02 AM

Jul 2014
What a pointless pile of garbage. If you haven't seen the previous season this was a terrible introduction and if you have then this gives you nothing.
Jan 9, 2018 12:22 PM

Mar 2010
well, that was one boring episode, expected it to simply move forward from where it left of, but it was more like a recapitulation
Jan 9, 2018 1:45 PM

Sep 2016
I dont know why CR cut the chibi skit after the credits.. the RAW video is 25 minutes.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Jan 9, 2018 2:22 PM
Jun 2016
did the lizardmen make anyone else think of resteraunt to another world? :> Especially the talk of food.
Jan 9, 2018 3:24 PM

Oct 2008
Alright Season 2!!!
feels like the environment didn't change at all!
Shalltear is full of guilt and doing noting but always being sober!
Albedo as usual, very obsessed with Ainz-sama!
Very Nice OP by OxT (by Tom-H@ck) but as for the ED by MYTH & ROID why is it the vocalist different? felt like different singer...
5/5.

Jan 9, 2018 4:10 PM
Varangian Guard

Mar 2015
I sadly bet that this season will also have only 12-13 eps... Looking at the quite revealing opening (for those who read novel) and pace of action Lizardmen'll take about 4 eps
That's a shame because in books there is plenty of material to make it into series and it was not included in 1st season because of episode limit. And also this is soooo damn good I'd love to last it longer
Jan 9, 2018 7:00 PM
Mar 2009
Decent catch up episode... no recycled scenes and provides some information about what they're doing and what going on in the world.

Looks like we get the Lizard Man Arc and Men in the Kingdom Arc this time around as shown by the opening. Yay!

Looking forward to this.
Jan 9, 2018 8:47 PM
Aug 2010
The episode wouldve been good if it was still season 1 but I feel that after 2 years of abscense it wasnt a good way to start a new season. Frankly I was a bit confused and lost at the begining of the episode. I think this wouldve been better if it was episode 2. Episode 1 should have been a bit more action packed and less political in order to get back the viewers attention and put ourselve back into it. just my opinion.
Jan 9, 2018 9:34 PM

Dec 2016
A rubik's cube, that was unexpected, either way she it better than me at it, seen videos of people solving them in a matter of seconds.

If she is after an opponent than Ainz is perfect for her, though Albedo might have something to say about that considering all that talk about a child, freaky.

So even that dragon is interested in the existence of Yggdrasil items.

The opening music didn't blow me away like the 1st season but the video for it was great, definitely looking forward to seeing what transpires throughout.

I want what Aura is having, as long at the patty is reduced fat the the cola is sugar free.

Wow look at Shalltear drowning in booze like that, so she will feel better if Ainz scolds her, it's strange but that does sound about right.

Rather interesting that they have turned their attention to a lizard tribe, might find out more about it next episode.
Jan 9, 2018 10:11 PM

Aug 2013
I dont read the LN so I have no idea what's going on, but holy shit it looks like they're setting up plot devices for A LOT of shit this season.

Weird into conversation with some blue haired guy and some scythe girl, who's just popping flags all over the place to get fucking roflstomped by Ainz and will want to have his babies.

I never rewatched the first season, so i dont remember everything perfectly, did they show Shalltear fighting that guy in the blue armor who turned into a dragon?

Looks like we'll get to see a lot of different fights going on, Sebas is going to beat ass, Cocytus is taking an army to war, which shouldnt really matter because he is a one man army, Demiurge turns into the next Shalltear betrayal.

I wonder if any of these upcoming battles will give the Six Stars some screen time. More Narneral is always a good thing, would also like to see what that big tittied glutton Epsilon can do and little insect loli Zeta.

This is just my opinion, but I feel like Myth & Roid has really gone downhill since they debuted. When they had their first song LLL for Overlord's first season, that song was the shit. I got fucking hyped for the band after that. Immediately after though NONE of their songs have had that same kind of tone, hell hardly even the same genre. Lots of synth and moody tones now. At least this song has a little bit of rock in it now, its legit the first time since they debuted. I'm still disappointed since I was expecting another LLL tier song for this season.
Jan 10, 2018 12:33 AM

Jan 2018
The beginning of this episode made me feel a bit lost. It felt like I had skipped some of the episode, but later cleared itself up.
Jan 10, 2018 12:59 AM

Jan 2014
who is the girl and the guy in the beginning?
I just don't like them since they talk like they are superior than Nazaricks.
Jan 10, 2018 1:53 AM

Jul 2014
This was quite the dense episode in terms of all the exposition and stuff, but it was also very interesting because of that. May take a while for everything to fully make sense, but it's looking like this season is going to take an interesting, and ultimately different, path to the first season. Can't wait to see what happens.
Jan 10, 2018 2:39 AM

Sep 2017
Pretty good start to s2. It's good to have some overlord back
Jan 10, 2018 5:21 AM

May 2016
Ooookay.

So we have the worst looking show of the season determined already, we have boring lizardmen, designed so badly they should be background characters at best, we have dull war politics of countries I'll never even remember by name and overall nothing interesting happened.

It is still Overlord. I'll keep watching for now, so I can shit on it in an informed way.
Jan 10, 2018 7:59 AM

Dec 2015
Really interesting credits at the end of this episode saying basically saying "thank you international and domestic fans for support Overlord"
Very cool, finally international community got some recognition!
Jan 10, 2018 10:22 AM

Aug 2014
Didn't remember the part in the LN where the Dragon spoke to Rigrit about items that could rival guild items that originated from Yggdrasil.
Seems like Ainz would have to be prepared for the worst in the future after a certain arc now..
Nevertheless, appreciates the message given by the author at the end of the credit.

Specimen021 said:
Ooookay.

So we have the worst looking show of the season determined already, we have boring lizardmen, designed so badly they should be background characters at best, we have dull war politics of countries I'll never even remember by name and overall nothing interesting happened.

It is still Overlord. I'll keep watching for now, so I can shit on it in an informed way.

I see you are quite a masochistic person, wished I had as much free time as you to watch and shit on shows that I obviously didn't like.
Your taste in Anime is shit.

Because you can't differentiate between what's good and bad.

How sad.
Jan 10, 2018 10:24 AM

Dec 2010
I'm wondering, what's happen to the body of the MC in the real world? The parents try to wake him up or they send him to the hospital to keep alive like in SAO?
Is explained in the novel this part or is just omitted?
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2018

197 by RayousSR »»
Apr 24, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

254 by WienGirl »»
Apr 21, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2018

174 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 25, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

354 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2018

206 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 2:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.