Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 1, 2018 8:10 AM
Dec 2017
Crashmatt said:
Loved it! I've been waiting for season 2 to get cracking. I can't wait for more episodes. It's nice they jumped straight into the story and cut out some of the exposition.

Agreed, sometimes simplicity is the wisest decision.
Jan 1, 2018 8:11 AM
Dec 2017
SkyHora said:
What a way to start of 2018, man. This day will not be forgotten. I hope the Lizardman arc goes by quickly though. Ugh, not really entertaining. Get to my baby Lakyus!!

Interesting choice, Although I have no information on her backstory from the first episode I will agree with you on this. From just the few seconds of screen time she got i felt that she was going to be an important character in the story perhaps as well as the side character climb.
Jan 1, 2018 8:16 AM

Dec 2015
James_Grandez said:

Interesting choice, Although I have no information on her backstory from the first episode I will agree with you on this. From just the few seconds of screen time she got i felt that she was going to be an important character in the story perhaps as well as the side character climb.

Just from those small pages of her, I felt like I synced with her character. I love her personality and ability to look in between the grey line of things.
I ship @Cewkie and @DarkZeroCalibur
Jan 1, 2018 8:17 AM
Dec 2017
SkyHora said:
James_Grandez said:

Just from those small pages of her, I felt like I synced with her character. I love her personality and ability to look in between the grey line of things.

Are you a fan of other upcoming animes
Jan 1, 2018 8:24 AM

Dec 2015
James_Grandez said:

Are you a fan of other upcoming animes

Nothing else matters except Overlord.
Jan 1, 2018 8:24 AM

Jun 2015
It's good to see this show is back. Albedo's return was really good. Got some introduction to the lizardmen. The ending is quite sinister.
Jan 1, 2018 8:58 AM

Sep 2013
kek feels like click bait to put in zz and pdl at the start since they will won't appear again even if it gets more seasons.
Some info on the map and albedo still horny.
Poor lizards about to get rekt.
Jan 1, 2018 9:22 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
...and the lizards will be eaten!!! kekeke
Jan 1, 2018 9:41 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty exposition heavy first episode.

The dragon and the woman's conversation was pretty interesting, I don't recall seeing them in the first season.

Albedo as entertaining as ever. xD

Wonder if Ainz is actually gonna punish Shaltear and if he does I wonder what he'll do. :3

The ending was intriguing. Looking forward to more.
Jan 1, 2018 9:55 AM

Jan 2012
And we're back! Boy it had been awhile huh? So long in fact that I found myself grateful a lot of this episode was a recap of sorts with Ainz and Albedo just going over the map. Those first few minutes before Ainz showed up I was feeling a bit lost but then I saw that adorable Hamsuke and things started coming back to me. XD Well it looks like some trouble is building with this lizard tribe judging by the end. Not sure if that monstrous entity was a representative of Ainz but I'm assuming no for right now. Wonder how he'll get involved then if so. Guess we'll see.
Jan 1, 2018 11:06 AM

Jul 2015
Fuck yes S2 starts off great
Jan 1, 2018 11:17 AM
Apr 2016
Howcomes episode 1 and today? Want it meant to air on the 9th of January? And could someone please tell me when episode 2 is airing!?
Jan 1, 2018 11:35 AM
Jun 2017
James_Grandez said:
and introduced charters of the opposing sides, confirmed the existence of intelligent dragons as well as create the a new enemy. Most likely the church, which has the two character in the beginning of the first episode.

With that being said, we are also given conformation that there either was a similar incident to the one that ainz is in or that there was another person like ainz who died after the, what i believe they said, 300 years, meaning the period of time that Ainz has been in this show is the same. Although that may be a bit of a stretch. However the first episode is indeed a great beginning for both the protagonist, ainz and the new antagonist, most likely the church, Slaine Theocracy.

If anyone else has any theories on thformation we have the easier it will be to consider how this is to play out without, like most spoilers.
Also the next few character may look like this:

Overlord II will be adapting the Lizardmen Arc and the Men of the Kingdom Arc,volumes 4,5 & 6.

Basically Overlord II will showcase Cocytus with the Lizardmen arc.
Sebas,Demiurge and the Pleiades Maids will be featured in the Men of the Kingdom arc.

Zesshi Zetsumei (the silver&black colored girl) should not be seen nor heard from again.
Captain of the Black Scripture (guy talking to Zesshi) should not be seen again.

The Platinum Dragon Lord & Rigrit Bers Caurau scene is from the 7th volume..So getting a bit of foreshadowing on a future plot point.along with some background on a character,who will be introduced for the Men of the Kingdom arc.

And you'll not be seeing the Platinum Dragon again anytime soon,or at least you should not be.

Jan 1, 2018 12:02 PM

Jan 2012
4m4r03 said:
Howcomes episode 1 and today? Want it meant to air on the 9th of January? And could someone please tell me when episode 2 is airing!?

From what I understand Episode 1 aired early in a couple places. January 9th is when it will officially broadcast with a new episode once a week from then on. So that would mean episode 2 should air sometime around January 16th.
Jan 1, 2018 12:25 PM

Jun 2017
Six minutes of exposition from characters we don't know or care about, then sixteen minutes of further meandering.

Come on, you're better than this Madhouse.

With such a terrible first episode, there is no reason for it to be so high up on the list. Hopefully, it'll get better but I have my doubts.
Jan 1, 2018 12:53 PM

Aug 2015
Now we know who controlled Shalltear, there are dragons and various dangerous creatures. There were some events and characters that I didn't recognize... A beautiful OST!! It's amazing!! This was a wonderful adaptation!! Looking forward to the next episodes!!
Jan 1, 2018 1:24 PM
Oct 2017
All I can say it looks pretty dope for real and animation is better from season 1
Looking forward for it pretty dumb about the future no idea what's going to happen
Albedo is really cute and
All Hail MADHOUSE *_*
Jan 1, 2018 2:47 PM

Jun 2013
and we start the new year with a good series
Jan 1, 2018 2:51 PM
Apr 2016
Well I am completely lost at what is going on, must have missed some crap between the seasons, but otherwise am interested in another deep fantasy. Honestly if everyone stopped pretending "real-world-became-mmo" setting to be a smooth transition, the genre would have been somewhat more sophisticate.
Re:formed
Jan 1, 2018 2:55 PM

Apr 2012
The penguin had a weird hairdo.
Jan 1, 2018 2:56 PM

Mar 2016
myth & roid on that ED.... yes please
Jan 1, 2018 3:39 PM

Jun 2015
I feel like I'm missing something... They just introduced us to a ton of new characters without any explanation of who they are or what's their connection to the plot. Was any of that covered in a previous movie or OVA?
Jan 1, 2018 4:33 PM
Jun 2017
AnotherGuy said:
I feel like I'm missing something... They just introduced us to a ton of new characters without any explanation of who they are or what's their connection to the plot. Was any of that covered in a previous movie or OVA?

Short answer: Those new characters were there to drop exposition,the first two you'll not see again,the other two....you may see or hear about one of them again this season (not the dragon).

Captain of the Black Scripture was one of the ones fighting Shalltear in season one.The girl he was talking to Zesshi Zetsumei,makes her first appearance in vol 4. Even in the light novel,she plays no part in the story,aside from some heavy foreshadowing.

Overlord II is adapting volumes 4,5 and 6 but the Platinum Dragon Lord & Rigrit Bers Caurau scene is adapted from the 7th vol's intermission.Reason this scene was included could be all the information dropped,which includes a bit on a new character who does play a part later on in the season(Men of the Kingdom Arc).

NordhammerJan 1, 2018 4:45 PM
Jan 1, 2018 4:37 PM
Jul 2018
was a good adaption from the LN
Im ready for the Lizard Arc
Jan 1, 2018 5:02 PM
Oct 2015
So we're introduced to some enemies one being a Vampire who wants to 'have fun' with Ainz and the other is a dragon, who has knowledge of the Yggdrasil... This is gonna interesting to watch since I haven't touched the original material.
Heckle was here...
Jan 1, 2018 5:43 PM

Jul 2009
YES! That's the best way to start the new year, something which you waited for a long time airing at the first day of the year.

The ending music was great as well.
Jan 1, 2018 6:10 PM

Jul 2017
The first episode of season 02 already kept me at my toes~

Especially the ending, when the Dragon village was invaded by some dark material. I cannot wait to see what happens next xD

As always, I love Albedo-Chan and Ains-Sama relationship [Can't give a SHIP name cos both start with an "A" TT ^ TT]

GO GO ALBEDO!

(⁄ ⁄>⁄ ▽ ⁄<⁄ ⁄)
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε ❤/(˃ᆺ˂)\❤

Jan 1, 2018 6:57 PM

Jan 2008
God dam I hate Hamsuke. I forgot about him only to be reminded of his existence this episode.

And as always, this show has too much random characters. Nothing else notable for me this episode. Pretty weak start imo.
Jan 1, 2018 7:05 PM
Jul 2017
will we reach 'Gehenna' though?
Jan 1, 2018 7:21 PM

Feb 2017
Hype for the ending and opening songs of the anime! I loved the animation so far.

『時間は限られています。時間は貴重です。今それを住んでいます。』

Jan 1, 2018 8:43 PM

Dec 2016
Very happy that this is back again.

Loved the 1st season and already excited by what's happening here.
Jan 1, 2018 8:46 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man I've missed Albedo

The setup is real though, I can already tell that some serious shit is gonna go down this season
Jan 1, 2018 11:00 PM

Apr 2015
2018 hype is fucking strong with this one!

This episode was good as fuck he finally went back to the castle and seeing albedo after all this time!!!! Really really good first episode for a 2nd season 5/5 easy!
Jan 1, 2018 11:36 PM
Jan 2016
Finally some tension. Good to see the people in this world aren't all total scrubs.
Jan 2, 2018 12:20 AM

Apr 2010
LeMasta said:
I haven't read the LN for almost a year now but it seems like they fast-forwarded straight to the war declaration by Nazarick. Guess they're not going to waste too much time world-building around the Lizardmen lifestyle.

So many character introductions in a short span of time where in the LN it was much more scattered.

Also just noticed Rigrit has the same voice actor as Goku? That's a badass grandma voice.

Noticed the voice too, old woman goku haha.
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Jan 2, 2018 1:18 AM
Jan 2018
We all know it was Hamsuke talking in the last scene..
Jan 2, 2018 1:19 AM

Jan 2017
How many episode it will be? It seems like this anime will have slow pacing. Again.
Jan 2, 2018 1:30 AM

Oct 2017
The Albedo scene was amazing o-o

Also Madhouse season 2 press 'f' to pay respects
"Question: The world will not change, but you can change yourself. So then, how will you change?
Answer: You become the god of a new world."

--Hachiman Hikigaya (Yahari Ore No Seishun Love Come Wa Machigatteiru)
Jan 2, 2018 3:16 AM

Dec 2012
Start off your New Year right by praising Papa Bones. Sasuga Ainz-sama!
[/URL]
Jan 2, 2018 3:22 AM

Dec 2016
A good episode I hope the next will be great also the ending is amazing
I can't to see the op !!
Good job Madhouse
Jan 2, 2018 4:24 AM
Nov 2016
We were thrown right in the thick of it.
We saw a dragon and a few slane theocracy members along with the king of resteze and gazeff stronoff
Jan 2, 2018 5:13 AM

Jan 2016
IT'S FINALLY HEREEEE

minor, but useless spoiler,

Jan 2, 2018 5:32 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
He used a teleportation ring!!! ;)
Jan 2, 2018 5:37 AM

Dec 2015
This is clearly a foreshadow of a season 3 installment.
Jan 2, 2018 6:31 AM

Jun 2008
Rushed as fuck. This is not good. It seems like they want to squeeze a ton of contend into few episodes.
Jan 2, 2018 7:42 AM
Jun 2017
Monad said:
Rushed as fuck. This is not good. It seems like they want to squeeze a ton of contend into few episodes.

Are you familiar with the light novel or the other media released?

Began with the intermission chapters from the 4th&7th volumes respectively,the 4th vol's prologue,threw in a bit from the 2nd drama CD.Then went into recap mode...and at the very end began the story.

So in other words just a standard first episode info dump,and a close adaption of the source material.
One thing though...the first four characters introduced,you'll not see two of them again and the other two...not so much either.

Probably going to have three-four episodes covering the Lizardmen Arc,with the remaining episodes covering Sebas and Demiurge.

NordhammerJan 2, 2018 7:48 AM
Jan 2, 2018 10:29 AM

Apr 2015
Finally ! Animation is a few better than the first season, thanks Madhouse <3 I'm not a fan about non-human creatures but the lizardman's arc hyped me so much. I expect of this season more answers about the universe

And the new ending seems great despite the departure of Mayu <3 <3
Starck_EoleJan 2, 2018 10:37 AM
Jan 2, 2018 12:35 PM

Aug 2017
I believe it was a good episode it introduced to us the characters that will PROBABLY make a huge part of this season it also didn't fail on continuing the season 1. It feels like its just another episode not other season so thats a "+"
I liked the first episode but cant say if the anime will continue on going to the good or bad side
Jan 2, 2018 12:50 PM
Oct 2016
I was happy with it, Albedo is as awesome as ever.. cant remember the dragon and Shalltear battling though unless that was when she was captured, or maybe something news been added..
Jan 2, 2018 2:43 PM
Mar 2016
Imo the picture quality was quite low, so I think they saved money to make 24+ episodes. If they not, it'll be huge dissapointment for me, cause this is not the quality you expect from a quite popular show sequel.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2018

288 by Matheus050 »»
Yesterday, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2018

197 by RayousSR »»
Apr 24, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

254 by WienGirl »»
Apr 21, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2018

174 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 25, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

354 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 5:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.