Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2017 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, Inaba still can't catch a break even in the finale with youkai. Not to mention, a noisy group of them.

I like the festival fun mood of the finale though. It's like a celebration of the story with the partying and drinking. Thought this was a decent series overall, nothing groundbreaking but had its moments.

Inaba sure had a hell of a life experience from this show. This was a fun Christmas theme episode.
Stark700Dec 25, 2017 8:40 AM
Dec 25, 2017 9:11 AM
Sep 2015
The ending is such a shounen! Though what save them is not the power of nakama. Anyway, in hot spring OTP confirmed???
Oooh, I forget to mention that I really want a sequel. This is such a healing anime, though there are some cruelty in a few episodes, but it is not excessive
phantomfandomDec 25, 2017 9:14 AM
Dec 25, 2017 9:18 AM

Jun 2015
This was a fun Christmas-themed episode. Everyone had a fun time. Got to see some characters from previous episodes. It was cool to see Inaba and Hase enter a snow hut and see their possible future. The show overall was decent. There were some good moments. The magic elements were pretty cool.
Dec 25, 2017 9:30 AM

Jul 2007
Ah, another naked Mariko.

Why is that darn dog always in the way!?
Dec 25, 2017 10:00 AM

Sep 2013
Christmas time, Inaba working for that money and lots of snowhuts with time shenanigans at the end.
The point of the series is you make your own choices, others can influence you and you can influence other but in the end it's up to each person and not everyone can be saved or helped.
7.5/10
Dec 25, 2017 10:05 AM
Jul 2012
That was a good series. I wouldn't mind a sequel.
Dec 25, 2017 10:10 AM

Nov 2009
The best moment of the episode is Oda Nobunaga being fed up with all those visitors from the future lol

6/10 This series had its fair share of moments, but also of big glaring faults. If there's ever a sequel, which I highly doubt, I'll watch it, I guess.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 25, 2017 6:03 PM

Jan 2016
This is so... great. Funny, and this anime ponders about life. What "human" is from non-human perception. I really enjoy this. A lot big name of seiyu make this perfect.

9/10
Detective1412Dec 25, 2017 6:08 PM
Dec 25, 2017 7:34 PM

Jan 2015
RIP RIP RIP youkai aparto is over :( first half is 7, second half is 5 but my final score is 7, logic? well i liked the frist part better thats enough logic for you :D but honestly you shouldnt forget personal feeelings, i spent 26 24 weeks with this masterpiece thing, it grew on me, 6 months of my life, now i just cant give it anything lower, damn i'll miss it xD
Dec 25, 2017 8:04 PM

Nov 2011
Damn I really liked this ending. I liked how the feeling he had in episode one was actually HIM!!! That was a twist. Honestly this show was severely underrated. I felt like it deserves better then the score given.

8/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 25, 2017 9:32 PM

Jan 2015
Now that's new thing I just knew about New Year. The Snow Hut. Something that works like a time machine but has it's own "expire" time.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 26, 2017 1:09 AM

Apr 2016
9/10
I really like Nobunaga scene from this episode.
Overall sweet anime.I had great fun watching it.
salman7May 18, 2020 9:36 AM
BRAWLERS
Dec 26, 2017 3:10 AM

Jun 2016
Bruh, they brought back the old ED and they played the old OP. The nostalgia is eating me. Lmao.

That was a decent ending. I was smiling so wide, my mouth touched my ears. Lmfao. Dafuq did I just say. I hope Hase and Inaba will get the future they wanted. And I hope they'll end up together. Huehuehue. :3

So nice seeing the people Inaba met throughout the season again especially Yumi.

So, Ouni is the new Santa in their world? Hahaha.

Them three having fun in the snow and looking into their past and their future, though. That was a very funny scene.

It was a very heartwarming finale and I couldn't ask for a much better finale for this anime. That was a great journey with these characters. I'll surely miss them all. :')

8/10. ^_^v

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 26, 2017 4:59 AM

Jan 2012
I liked it. 8/10 i wanted more mage action but meh. Hope for seaason 2
Dec 26, 2017 6:31 AM

Apr 2013
This is a good Yokai anime. I think it's better than Fukigen na Mononokean. Natsume Yuujinchou is still the king though. I like the camaraderie between the characters. My only complain is the lack of screen time and development for other characters especially Akine. The manga is still ongoing so maybe we will see more there. Definitely will read it next.

Dec 26, 2017 6:34 AM

Dec 2014
k I really liked the ending it pieced up the first episodes and every character nicely...

really hoping for a season 2
Dec 26, 2017 2:45 PM

Oct 2008
Nice Season ender episode!
Eri-chan the cousin of Inaba is pretty! and her VA is also a newbie but also pretty as well!
Snow huts of time are quite interesting, it show both past and future but you automatically get out once you have interfered with the past & future...
getting lost on a dimensional rift! pretty cool to me!
Hase said: "I can't imagine a future without you." OMG! This is the start of a BL!!!
4/5.
7/10.

Dec 26, 2017 11:07 PM

May 2017
Gay even in the final episode

6/10
Dec 27, 2017 12:29 AM

Dec 2016
It was a nice ending, we could see different characters that appeared during the anime and see how much they have changed. Besides, if this anime gets another season I'll watch it for sure, because of some interesting episodes it offered us.

Considering that I highly prefer the first half of the show, it'll be a 7/10 for me.
Dec 27, 2017 2:41 AM

Mar 2009
Kind of a lame final episode, to be honest. We never got any closure with the weird school characters, much less with some of the yokai. Remember Kuri and his mother? Can't blame people if they forgot honestly. That was way back in the first half when this series was actually about yokai. And that was a brilliant episode. A shame it devolved into all those school life shenanigans and patronizing lessons. I wasn't much of a fan of that, but the first half was strong.
Dec 27, 2017 7:03 AM

Oct 2012
I like it and it's even better than some of this season's anime
I'm going to miss the outgoing & chill story
I want Youkai Apato in my life
"Signature removed"
Dec 27, 2017 7:37 AM

Feb 2013
Good show overall, it was enjoyable, and the story was a bit different than I had expected (in a good way).

7/10
Dec 27, 2017 7:57 AM
Jul 2017
Wah I will miss this series. It was really a low-key food anime about people who give you advice when you need it. 7/10 but a 'you really should watch it if it's what you need' 7/10.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Dec 29, 2017 9:15 AM

Jul 2015
Not a bad episode.We got to see all those who were important characters.But the ending was lacklustre and possible hints for Second Season.

Jan 1, 2018 5:25 AM

Jun 2011
No clue how it was below 7.00 score at one point.. it's not even that bad, MAL is weird sometimes.

I don't like the yaoi tease and the undertone sexual innuendo, the bad voice acting, the subpar art and animation and the lack of development for most of the supporting characters (Hase mostly), but there are many good parts that are enjoyable. Enjoyed the author bringing back side characters and continue to develop them like the guy that got caught by the cops a while back who's now working diligently to earn a living for himself. Not too fond of how Aoki and Yamamoto's arc concluded as well, it's passable but not preferable, that arc and their characters left a bad taste in my mouth.

The show was enjoyable to watch, but similar to Kyoukai no Rinne, it doesn't have one thing that stands out above all others and makes the series truly a must-watch experience like Natsume Yuujincho or Uchouten Kazoku does. Youkai Apartment ended up being just another time-passer anime.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 5, 2018 11:36 AM

Jun 2009
boring and quite cringy anime.
and the MC is gay af, even Hideri is more manlier than him.

5/10..
Jan 8, 2018 6:23 AM
Jul 2008
Did anyone here watch Kaleido Star? At first when I heard Fool's voice, I thought his voice seems familiar.. Turned out Fool's voice actor in Kaleido also voiced this anime's Fool!

Too bad the author can't see the anime adaptation of her work..
If anyone wondering why the story and characters seem childish, because it's made for children. The original work won award for children category in 2004.
LeonLanfordJan 8, 2018 6:29 AM
Jan 8, 2018 1:32 PM

Apr 2017
Lovely series especially the first half the second part the anime started to decline and the school plot is boring as hell.
Hase and Kuri saved the series.
I don't know if the manga's ended the same way as the anime or there will be second season.
Jan 31, 2018 10:57 AM

Aug 2013
A nice finale.

Nice to see some characters in previous episodes like his cousin Eriko and Yumi in this episode.

Overall, it was a good series. 7/10.

Feb 2, 2018 3:37 AM

Apr 2010
KitoraList said:
This is a good Yokai anime. I think it's better than Fukigen na Mononokean. Natsume Yuujinchou is still the king though. I like the camaraderie between the characters. My only complain is the lack of screen time and development for other characters especially Akine. The manga is still ongoing so maybe we will see more there. Definitely will read it next.

As much as I know, the novel is finished

Feb 3, 2018 2:33 AM

Mar 2012
Bromance is strong until the end. It's good yes, but could've done better I think. Even though it will be sad, it would've been better had the latter episodes focused on development of Kuri finding Solace or even anyone from apartment rather than that annoying Yamomoto.
Feb 8, 2018 4:01 AM
Feb 2018
Just finished binge watchibg this series. It was three out of five for me. The plot is all over the place, plus are the birds and the comments on Ruriko-san's food fillers to complete a ~22-minute episode? There is also a slow build up for the resolution of Yamamoto's and Aoki-sensei's issues. They were getting on my nerves as the series progresses.

But what I really like about this show is the 'realistic' take on unresolved issues, like Yushi not saving all those who needed help. Irl, you can't really save all the people you encounter who needed help. And I also stayed for Yushi and Hase's moments.

I would like a season 2. Ryu-san is still a mystery for me. And I wouldn't mind Chiaki-chan dating the student council president once she graduates.
Feb 18, 2018 9:00 AM

Dec 2014
is there going to be a season 2?
Mar 27, 2018 5:59 PM

Jul 2013
I'm sad it's over but that was a nice way to end it. Guess I'll check out the manga in a million years when it's finished and fully translated.
Sep 11, 2018 7:44 PM

May 2012
Pretty fun and solid ending of this series! While I really loved the start, towards the middle things sure slowed down for me. Still was enjoyable to watch but it could have been better!

All in all a good watch.
May 24, 2020 12:06 PM
Apr 2020
Hase proposed to Inaba, "I can't imagine a future without you." I was waiting for that and beyond. And the hot sensei's romance with student president. Scandalous romance is always the best.
Jan 5, 2022 1:26 AM

Feb 2020
A wholesome and beautiful finale. Inaba and his possible futures were pretty hilarious.

Overall, Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou was a hit and miss. While I enjoyed all the supernatural elements, I got bored with all the school drama. The whole Yamamoto's arc was especially unnecessary because it was handled so badly.

So, somewhat a wasted potential after all.

That yokai hospital episode (16) was my favorite episode.

"Also, I can't imagine a future without you." Nice Inaba x Hase moment, haha.

SerafosFeb 26, 12:21 AM
Apr 4, 2022 9:32 AM
Jul 2018
Okay final episode and impressions,youkai apartment is a anime that i really liked but i also had some gripes with it,i loved the many lessons that the show passes to the viewer ,like for example: you can't save or help someone that doesn't want to Change,being Kind isn't the same as not imposing yourself or being strict with others,how the so called help can prevent someone from truly learning and being independent,and many more,the character chemistry was also good to the point that it made me smile many Times,the youkai theme was also quite good in the beginning introducing certain questions and problema that we have in real life(like the fact that humans hate or don't treat well what's different)but some issues hurt the experience,like the SIDE characters barely got any development (hase, Akira,akane,issiki,kuro and shiro)and many others didn't get enough screentime to Shine,in a way they are only there to fuffill certain roles,the lack of Direction of the series also became a problem in the second cour since to the point that i sometimes asked myself why i was watching it,certain characters plots had bad or not satisfying resolutions,for example yamamoto bad complex with her family and the way it was treated by the author.
overall youkai apartment is good i give it a 7/10.
removed-userApr 4, 2022 9:36 AM
Jan 2, 2023 1:18 PM

Jan 2012
A lighthearted last episode with the first opening being brought back, I like it!
Also liked hase's subtle confession and their moments being shown at the end credits
Would be nice if some characters had gotten more development, I definitely wouldn't mind a second season
8/10

Aug 25, 2023 11:18 AM

Jun 2019
My 236th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.
Oct 4, 2023 2:18 AM
Aug 2022
OMG second part is extremely boring and has nothing to do with the yokai.
And very gay.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2017

31 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 3, 2023 3:18 PM

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2017

30 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 3, 2023 2:50 PM

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2017

27 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 3, 2023 2:35 PM

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2017

33 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 3, 2023 4:52 AM

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2017

22 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 3, 2023 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.