Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Hinamatsuri' Reveals Main Cast Members

New
Dec 25, 2017 3:19 AM

Nov 2007
The official website for the upcoming Hinamatsuri TV anime has revamped and announced main cast members. Kadokawa has also released its first promotional video. The anime, produced by studio feel., is slated for Spring 2018 release.

Cast
Hina: Takako Tanaka (Ballroom e Youkoso)
Yoshifumi Nitta: Yoshiki Nakajima (The iDOLM@STER SideM)
Anzu: Rie Murakawa (One Room)
Hitomi Mishima: Kaede Hondo (Animegataris)

PV

Source: Moca News
Sakana-sanMar 31, 2018 7:56 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 25, 2017 3:28 AM

Nov 2011
The PV looks so good! I love the style of it so far.

Spring 2018 should be really fun next year with this show.
Dec 25, 2017 3:32 AM

Jan 2017
Woah, now I'm even more excited. And I can't wait to see Hitomi!
Dec 25, 2017 3:40 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
I'm already smiling by just watching the PV. Can't wait!
AntagonizedDec 25, 2017 3:56 AM
Dec 25, 2017 3:41 AM

Jun 2014
Well the PV looks great so I'm more optimistic about the adaptation now.

Edit: actually I'm worried now, this PV showcases stuff from some of the latest volumes, is this shit going to skip a bunch of stuff or does it have 2 cours.
alpha_shadowDec 25, 2017 3:50 AM
:3
Dec 25, 2017 3:48 AM

Apr 2017
Seems good. The animation looks truly the same like Tsuki ga Kirei.
Dec 25, 2017 3:48 AM

Aug 2014
alpha_shadow said:
Directed by studio "feel", then they somehow make a comedy anime adaptation.
Dec 25, 2017 3:52 AM

Jun 2014
Xaelath said:
alpha_shadow said:
Directed by studio "feel", then they somehow make a comedy anime adaptation.

I'm not optimistic any longer, it seems like they'll fuck it up since they seem to be going quite far into the manga, which means they'll skip a bunch of shit.
:3
Dec 25, 2017 3:59 AM
Jan 2016
That looked surprisingly good. And the animation was really fluid, especially for the action scenes. Wow.

JerryKen10 said:
The animation looks truly the same like Tsuki ga Kirei.

The animation or the visual style?
Dec 25, 2017 4:11 AM
Dec 2016
The animation looks good and really matches the genre it trying to portray.

Also is there an episode count, cause it looks like the anime adapts a fair it of the manga.
Dec 25, 2017 4:12 AM

Mar 2015
So excited for this!

I'm actually surprised that we get to see that Mao scenes from chapter 47. Though I could actually see them adapting till chapter 48 but that felt like they'd skip a few chapters for that unless it's a 24 episodes anime. Considering that this is a monthly manga, I'm surprised they're adapting that much since a good monthly manga adaptation usually adapts 20-30 chapters per 12 episodes.

And the casts are rather meh... Hina's VA is apparently a first timer and Hitomi's VA doesn't really catch my attention eventhough she voiced Minoa from Animegataris. Anzu's VA looks fine though. I just hope it's a decent adaptation.

Edit: I mean seriously, Hina's VA, according to ANN, had only voiced characters like "Girl A", "Girl 1", "Child" etc. Please just let her be good and surprise me, despite Hina being my least favorite girl in this manga (Hitomi and Anzu ftw).
DarklordVorDec 25, 2017 4:37 AM

Dec 25, 2017 5:30 AM

Apr 2017
TheServant said:
That looked surprisingly good. And the animation was really fluid, especially for the action scenes. Wow.

JerryKen10 said:
The animation looks truly the same like Tsuki ga Kirei.

The animation or the visual style?

I do not know what is the correct term for that. Maybe.
Dec 25, 2017 5:32 AM
Jul 2016
In the question of animation, it seems that something will be on average, like Youjo Senki, Izetta, Juuni Taisen etc. Of course, that's a good thing.
Dec 25, 2017 6:27 AM
Jul 2018
Huh, this looks actually really good and funny as well. So I think this will be a fun watch.

Also this series is a comedy series so I guess skipping stuff isn't a mayor issue since they can be able to execute them in terms of timing and the way that is done. They can just do something on its own (standalone is what I meant).
Dec 25, 2017 6:36 AM
Jul 2018
They showed Mao chapters eh, looks like they will skip quite a bit then. Hope they adapt all Hitomi chapters at least.
Dec 25, 2017 8:31 AM

Feb 2014
ronie91 said:
In the question of animation, it seems that something will be on average, like Youjo Senki, Izetta, Juuni Taisen etc. Of course, that's a good thing.

with Tetsuya Takeuchi and Ryo Araki as main animator ? I think "average" is not the word you're looking for there.
Dec 25, 2017 8:48 AM
Jul 2016
ronie91 said:

with Tetsuya Takeuchi and Ryo Araki as main animator ? I think "average" is not the word you're looking for there.

Why did I say in the mean? Because these animators have already worked on other series having major roles. Example, Izetta the Last Witch: this series had these guys working on animation. The studio was ajiado, but the staff was basically the same. When I say on the average, it does not mean that it will be bad, but that will not be something out of the ordinary, however, it will be something decently well produced by a strong team. Usually above-average or average series do not advertise major animators, they advertise a director, and this director if he is good and has good contacts, does not have to say who the main animators will be, the ones he will choose to do the main scenes from the series.

In that case, they have already announced the main animators which is quite uncommon and which means that this will be a personal effort of these guys. Of course, this does not necessarily mean something bad. But it is unusual. And it also has the studio issue: Studio Feel [at least for me] has done a good job lately, managing to deliver decent stuff. So I believe it will be something on average.
Dec 25, 2017 9:12 AM

Feb 2014
ronie91 said:

Why did I say in the mean? Because these animators have already worked on other series having major roles. Example, Izetta the Last Witch: this series had these guys working on animation. The studio was ajiado, but the staff was basically the same. When I say on the average, it does not mean that it will be bad, but that will not be something out of the ordinary, however, it will be something decently well produced by a strong team. Usually above-average or average series do not advertise major animators, they advertise a director, and this director if he is good and has good contacts, does not have to say who the main animators will be, the ones he will choose to do the main scenes from the series.

In that case, they have already announced the main animators which is quite uncommon and which means that this will be a personal effort of these guys. Of course, this does not necessarily mean something bad. But it is unusual. And it also has the studio issue: Studio Feel [at least for me] has done a good job lately, managing to deliver decent stuff. So I believe it will be something on average.

I do remember that Takeuchi credited in Izetta as action sakkan, and Araki was also busy working in Oregairu zoku ova as well as Kono bijutsubu at feel.
So its kind of understandable that Izetta didn't quite live up to expectation, though in the end Takeuchi still contributed most of good cuts, on top of contributing to SAO movie with lot of KA as well.

Though I do understand about the two man efforts part here.

But I believe Oikawa can bring the best potential of Takeuchi and Araki like what he did in OregaIru Zoku. And if it does, I think Takeuchi and Araki alone is more than enough to produce above average animation for tv series standard.
Dec 25, 2017 9:14 AM
Aug 2017
PV looks good so far. Hopefully Feel can create a proper and faithful adaptation so that their reputation as a studio can be higher.
Dec 25, 2017 10:43 AM
Aug 2016
Eh.....looks pretty lame tbh
Dec 25, 2017 1:38 PM

Aug 2013
The PV looks mediocre imo, but I like the staff and I'm excited for the show. I'm confess to being a sucker for premises like this.
Dec 25, 2017 5:05 PM

Jul 2013
Looks quite bad really. The characters don't blend with the backgrounds. The directing seemed really poor too. The comedy looks horrible, and honestly, it just felt super generic. The fact I didn't get any supernatural elements from this trailer really speaks volumes to me considering the synopsis talks about this. Sadly I feel this won't be very good. I do however hope it proves me wrong.
Dec 25, 2017 6:19 PM
Jul 2016
ronie91 said:

I do remember that Takeuchi credited in Izetta as action sakkan, and Araki was also busy working in Oregairu zoku ova as well as Kono bijutsubu at feel.
So its kind of understandable that Izetta didn't quite live up to expectation, though in the end Takeuchi still contributed most of good cuts, on top of contributing to SAO movie with lot of KA as well.

Though I do understand about the two man efforts part here.

But I believe Oikawa can bring the best potential of Takeuchi and Araki like what he did in OregaIru Zoku. And if it does, I think Takeuchi and Araki alone is more than enough to produce above average animation for tv series standard.

I was going to write some more things, but it gave some trouble on the page. But I'm sure with episode directors, and episode animation directors this series will be well crafted.
Dec 25, 2017 6:37 PM

Mar 2015
alpha_shadow said:
Edit: actually I'm worried now, this PV showcases stuff from some of the latest volumes, is this shit going to skip a bunch of stuff or does it have 2 cours.

i think they will simply coming as insert story, you know, for pumping up merchendise sales... i don't think they will go as far as time skip in overall story...

and for visual, it's already exceed my expectation... feel never dissapoint in visual wise...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 30, 2017 5:00 PM

Mar 2014
Hmm, animation looks kinda low budget, but at least they didn't go CGI with it.

The concept still sounds great, though. and I like the contrast in the character designs. That blonde girl wearing the bosozoku coat also looked hilarious. xD
::End of Transmission::

Dec 31, 2017 4:55 AM

Nov 2014
I.......I remember this. I think I read the manga a long time ago but eventually forgot about it. How nostalgic.
So now it's getting an anime adaptation, huh? I'll watch.
Dec 31, 2017 5:13 AM

Sep 2009
WHAAAAAAT!!??? YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 31, 2017 10:17 AM

Jan 2011
vigorousjammer said:
how so? the fight scene showed looked pretty well done not to mention this is feel were talking about granted it had a bit slower key frames ,but it's a little to early to go based off one pv for all we know it could actually have the same case of Juuni Taisen here where the first episode looks good then progressively gets worse.

regardless it looks funny and has interesting premise
Dec 31, 2017 5:51 PM

Mar 2014
katsu044 said:
vigorousjammer said:
how so? the fight scene showed looked pretty well done not to mention this is feel were talking about granted it had a bit slower key frames ,but it's a little to early to go based off one pv for all we know it could actually have the same case of Juuni Taisen here where the first episode looks good then progressively gets worse.

regardless it looks funny and has interesting premise

Yeah, it's mostly the slow keyframes like you mentioned, but also the linework. I suppose they could have shown an early version, though... maybe there'll be more in-betweens in the final product.

Anyway, I still think it looks better than quite a few anime nowadays... so maybe "medium budget" would have been more accurate. In any case, I'm with you, the show still looks neat. Definitely gonna check it out! :D
::End of Transmission::

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 20 minutes ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
20 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
5 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.