Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Gets TV Anime

New
Dec 2, 2017 5:08 AM

Nov 2007

A net live broadcast for light novel Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou was streamed via Niconico Live, Flesh!, and Twitter account on Saturday and announced that the series will get TV anime adaptation to broadcast via Tokyo MX, AT-X and more in Spring 2018.

Synopsis
Seventeen-year-old Hajime Nagumo is your average, everyday otaku. However, his simple life of pulling all-nighters and sleeping in school is suddenly turned upside down when he, along with the rest of his class, is summoned to a fantasy world! They're treated like heroes and tasked with the duty of saving the human race from utter extinction. But what should have been any otaku's wet dream quickly turns into Hajime's nightmare. While the rest of his class are blessed with godlike powers, Hajime's job, Synergist, only has a single transmutation skill. Ridiculed and bullied by his classmates for being weak, he soon finds himself in despair. Will he be able to survive in this dangerous world of monsters and demons with only a glorified blacksmith's level of strength? (Source: J-Novel Club)

Drama CD Cast
Hajime Nagumo: Toshinari Fukamachi (All Out!!)
Yue: Yuuki Kuwahara (Centaur no Nayami)
Shea Haulia: Minami Takahashi (the Shokugeki no Souma series)

Staff
Director: Jun Kamiya (Kingdom)
Series Composition: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou)
Character Design: Atsuo Tobe (Osomatsu-san 2nd Season storyboard)
Studio: White Fox

Written by Ryou Shirakome and illustrated by TakayaKi, Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou was initially published on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in November 2013. Overlap Bunko began releasing physical volumes since June 2015, with six volumes currently available. The seventh and eighth volumes are scheduled to ship on December 25 and in March 2018, respectively, each with a drama CD included. A manga adaptation drawn by RoGa is currently being serialized in Comic Gardo and has one compiled volume, which shipped in December 2016. A manga adaptation of the light novel's spin-off series Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Zero will also begin to serialize in Comic Gardo in 2018.

J-Novel Club has digitally published the series as Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest since February, 2017. Seven Seas Entertainment also licensed the title for physical release.

Official site: https://arifureta.com/
Official Twitter: @ARIFURETA_info

Source: Comic Natalie

Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou on MAL
Sakana-sanMar 31, 2018 8:07 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 2, 2017 5:12 AM

Apr 2016
Jesus the synopsis is all i can handle.

Isekai - check
MC useless - check
Dec 2, 2017 5:13 AM

Apr 2017
Looks kinda meh.. from it's original source material

I'll rather read this (Maybe not)

>Into PTR you go and never bother it
-HippySnob-Dec 2, 2017 5:26 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Dec 2, 2017 5:13 AM

Nov 2014
Doesn't look too promising, but I'm going to give it a try anyway.
Dec 2, 2017 5:15 AM

Mar 2012
Be careful not to be cut by the edge. It's really sharp.

Seriously though as far as I read it's enjoyable aside for the treatment that Shia get. I cannot careless of Tio though.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 2, 2017 5:15 AM

May 2015
These announcement threads are always the same:

People shit on it based on a one paragraph synopsis and a picture.

Dec 2, 2017 5:16 AM
Jul 2018
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!, spring season is saved.

Hoping for 24-25 episodes since it is White Fox and the LN is very popular.

Nov 2011
Saw this coming from miles away. They've been teasing this ever since the site went live.

They need to make this 2 cour at least or it will be super rushed.

Dec 2015
Oh Whitefox, I have so many conflicting feelings for you, at least don't fuck it up as much as Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho.

EDIT: Scratch that, I just checked the reviews for the Novel and they're not good.....*sigh*
joe_g7Dec 2, 2017 5:20 AM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
*hug noises*

May 2013
So uhh ..isekai except the whole cast is transported over instead of just the MC?
Dec 2, 2017 5:19 AM

Mar 2012
Swagernator said:

Isekai - check
MC useless - check
No it's isekai with Tatsuya level MC but with more edge.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 2, 2017 5:19 AM
Apr 2013
Reminds me of Black Bullet.
Dec 2, 2017 5:21 AM

Apr 2016
NeoAnkara said:

Oh so its that kind of MC, damn.

Also with more edge you say ? can't imagine that.
Dec 2, 2017 5:22 AM

Jun 2015
>White Fox

Well here we fucking go.
Dec 2, 2017 5:22 AM

Oct 2014
Swagernator said:

Isekai - check
MC useless - check

As @NeoAnkara said, it's the complete opposite from what you say. It's a super edgy OP MC.

But the director worries me. It's the director of the first season of Kingdom! You know, the guy who let the series that adapts one of the greatest masterpiece among manga be turned into almost entirely CGI and it even skipped an entire arc...
Dec 2, 2017 5:25 AM
Jun 2017
HOLY SHITTTT!!!!!!!

The savior of anime is finally here!!!!!! (Warning) Get ready for some next level edginess and some harem.
Dec 2, 2017 5:26 AM
Apr 2013
Swagernator said:
NeoAnkara said:

Similar to shield hero?
Dec 2, 2017 5:26 AM

Mar 2012
Swagernator said:
NeoAnkara said:

Dec 2, 2017 5:27 AM

Apr 2016
NeoAnkara said:
Swagernator said:

Now you got me, Jesus.

Never was able understand what people can see in those Mr. bombastic MCs, guess it's Nippon thing.
Dec 2, 2017 5:28 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Hope he has "Slip" skill though.
Dec 2, 2017 5:32 AM

Jul 2013
great, the worst novel i've read gets an anime D:
Dec 2, 2017 5:36 AM
Jul 2017
Well
Dec 2, 2017 5:36 AM
Dec 2013
Knew this would get an anime sooner or later.
Dec 2, 2017 5:37 AM

Mar 2016
Yeah this is like Guilty Crown and Re:Zero Combined, gonna fucking watch it for the reaction of viewers, it's shit but fucking lit.

There it is, White Fox doing it again, hahahahaha, There should be a good scene for the sex scene

Edgy MC's are hit, damn I want Sawano to compose the OST, it's gonna be epic even if the story is Shit, Damn I want to read it Again, this shit is truly enjoyable for reading while listening to Sawano's Music

Fuck this shit, this got an anime while Sevens still doesn't have manga adaptation.
youseikiDec 2, 2017 5:45 AM
Dec 2, 2017 5:39 AM

Oct 2014
Just a little look at the edginess from the manga version. It's before he gets his edgy white hair though.

Dec 2, 2017 5:40 AM
Dec 2017
Yezzz finally they will make a anime adaption
Dec 2, 2017 5:43 AM

Mar 2016
worldeditor11 said:
Swagernator said:

Similar to shield hero?

Kinda, but more mature and edgy, doesn't hold back in many ways
Dec 2, 2017 5:44 AM

Dec 2015
Grey-Zone said:
Just a little look at the edginess from the manga version. It's before he gets his edgy white hair though.

I might be interested after all, for the edge of course.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 2, 2017 5:45 AM
Apr 2013
Grey-Zone said:

Wow killing a puppy. As edgy as my disappointment.
Dec 2, 2017 5:46 AM

Mar 2016
joe_g7 said:
I might be interested after all, for the edge of course.

Dec 2, 2017 5:47 AM

Mar 2016
worldeditor11 said:

It is disappointing if you're looking for full blown edgy Character
Dec 2, 2017 5:48 AM

Jan 2017
is the novel good? is it well written? i can handle all these isekai cliches if the writing is good.
Dec 2, 2017 5:49 AM

Jul 2013
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:
is the novel good? is it well written? i can handle all these isekai cliches if the writing is good.
it's horrible. the MC is not mature or well written. this is just a power and harem fantasy of the author
Dec 2, 2017 5:50 AM
Apr 2013
youseiki said:
worldeditor11 said:

It is disappointing if you're looking for full blown edgy Character

Kek, my expectations plummets to the negatives.
Dec 2, 2017 5:51 AM

Mar 2016
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:

Fuck no, it's an example of badly written story full of disappointment, it's inconsistent and filled with problematic story telling, It's a good novel to past time while listening to some edgy music, but not recommended to be read for critical purposes.
Dec 2, 2017 5:52 AM

Oct 2014
Well, yea, the "edginess" early on turns into simple indifference later on.

I still think it's thousand times better than "Smartphone" though.
Dec 2, 2017 5:54 AM

Mar 2016
worldeditor11 said:

If sawano makes the music, it's gonna be lit, I bet Edgy Character doing edgy slaughter with edgy background would make it perfect, I've read it on Sawano's Music and I felt comfortable reading it even with problematic plot
Dec 2, 2017 5:56 AM

Jan 2017
Simar said:
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:
it's horrible. the MC is not mature or well written. this is just a power and harem fantasy of the author

youseiki said:
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:

Fuck no, it's an example of badly written story full of disappointment, it's inconsistent and filled with problematic story telling, It's a good novel to past time while listening to some edgy music, but not recommended to be read for critical purposes.

oh damn i'm definitely passing on this. i'm not going to waste my time on another power fantasy series. these shows aren't my cup of tea tbh.
Dec 2, 2017 5:56 AM

Oct 2014
youseiki said:
worldeditor11 said:

If sawano makes the music, it's gonna be lit, I bet Edgy Character doing edgy slaughter with edgy background would make it perfect, I've read it on Sawano's Music and I felt comfortable reading it even with problematic plot

Kaijura might work as well... but probably only for the first arc.
Dec 2, 2017 5:59 AM

Mar 2012
Grey-Zone said:

Smartphone is more like Kenja no Mago (also got anime) but with more simplistic story.
Dec 2, 2017 6:01 AM

Mar 2016
Grey-Zone said:

Kaijura might work as well... but probably only for the first arc.

Yuki Kajiura
Oh yeah, she's definitely gonna be good
Dec 2, 2017 6:05 AM

Oct 2014
NeoAnkara said:
Grey-Zone said:

Smartphone is more like Kenja no Mago (also got anime) but with more simplistic story.

Not at all. Smartphone focuses a lot on the harem aspect, unfortunately by relying almost entirely on cliché (some characters that weren't so bad early on suddenly became personificated archtypes later). Magi's Grandson however doesn't even have a harem as far as I have been reading and character interactions feel much better written there as well. The characters actually seem like individual people with their own lives.

In that regard Arifureta isn't even that bad. No matter what kind of archtypes the girls may follow, it still feels fresh because the MC is different - i.e. NOT a "doutei" protagonist.
Dec 2, 2017 6:07 AM
Aug 2016
joe_g7 said:
Oh Whitefox, I have so many conflicting feelings for you, at least don't fuck it up as much as Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho.

EDIT: Scratch that, I just checked the reviews for the Novel and they're not good.....*sigh*
I liked Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho tho. What was the wrong with it?
Dec 2, 2017 6:09 AM

Mar 2012
Grey-Zone said:
NeoAnkara said:

Not at all. Smartphone focuses a lot on the harem aspect, unfortunately by relying almost entirely on cliché (some characters that weren't so bad early on suddenly became personificated archtypes later). Magi's Grandson however doesn't even have a harem as far as I have been reading and character interactions feel much better written.

In that regard Arifureta isn't even that bad. No matter what kind of archtypes the girls may follow, it still feels fresh because the MC is different - i.e. NOT a "doutei" protagonist.
I'm talking about the no commonsense part that both MC shared. It just that the side character in Kenja no Mago is quick to give tsukomi around to slightly upset what MC is doing instead of just simply shrug it off like in Smartphone.
Dec 2, 2017 6:12 AM

Mar 2016
I second to Grey-Zone
The MC is not a Virgin!!!!
That's thousand times better than most harem you'll ever encounter.... LOL

Honestly these adaptation is getting worst, the Good Web Novel like Even a Cicada Becomes a Dragon if Reborn doesn't even have a Light Novel Adaption, that story is far better than most adapted Modern Light Novel, it has good poetry and character development
youseikiDec 2, 2017 6:16 AM
Dec 2, 2017 6:19 AM

Dec 2015

Kittens-kun said:
These announcement threads are always the same:

People shit on it based on a one paragraph synopsis and a picture.

Holy shit that is so accurate and self aware, I love it.

That aside, I cannot believe it actually got an adaption! But at the same time I saw this coming. Its one of those that just screams got an anime adaption.
RobiiiiDec 2, 2017 6:23 AM
Dec 2, 2017 6:19 AM

Oct 2014
youseiki said:
I second to Grey-Zone

Honestly these adaptation is getting worst, the Good Web Novel like Even a Cicada Becomes a Dragon if Reborn doesn't even have a Light Novel Adaption, that story is far better than most adapted Modern Light Novel for its poetry and character development

Well, the standard isn't set very high with doutei protagonists, so...

Anyway, not every novel is good for adaption though. Just like Sevens which I am reading right now (currently at vol. 9 / chapter 141). Unless it becomes a long-running series (i.e. much more than just 30 episodes) I just can't see it working well as an anime. And recently most anime even only get the 1-cour treatment, i.e. 13 episodes max. That's also why I think Mushoku Tensei wouldn't work well either.

A Kuro no Maou anime though... that might work... if it's adapted as a tragedy of sorts with a "hope lives on" feel with only few survivors after that battle at the river.
Grey-ZoneDec 2, 2017 6:22 AM
Dec 2, 2017 6:21 AM

Mar 2012
youseiki said:
I second to Grey-Zone

Honestly these adaptation is getting worst, the Good Web Novel like Even a Cicada Becomes a Dragon if Reborn doesn't even have a Light Novel Adaption, that story is far better than most adapted Modern Light Novel, it has good poetry and character development
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/hokuou-kizoku-to-moukinzuma-no-yukiguni-karigurashi/

The one that I want to see the most.
Dec 2, 2017 6:23 AM

Oct 2015
VanishingKira said:
Ehh definitely passing on this.

Would be a shame if something like slime or Kumo were given to some no name studio because white fox was busy with this shit intead.

We still have a lot awesome studios beside white fox.
Dec 2, 2017 6:25 AM

Oct 2014
As I already mentioned, I absolutely don't like the fact that the director is the one who did Kingdom S1...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Q2 2024 Anime & Manga Licenses

Snow - Apr 5

2 by alpha_shadow »»
45 minutes ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

6 by rikazkhan »»
3 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
12 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
12 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.