Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 21, 2017 3:13 PM
Jun 2016
I'm so excited, the episode I've been waiting for since I read the manga should be next :>
Nov 21, 2017 3:19 PM

Oct 2012
Eizan faces were great, surely he actually underestimated Souma, not working his 100%.

Still, they could at least use Foodgasm theme there cause somehow it felt like it was no big deal for Yukihira, no real challenge. Even the reaction to the food weren't so great. But with challenges yet to come I guess they are keeping it for more important moments.
Nov 21, 2017 3:51 PM

Jan 2014
Yikes, too predictable. How convenient that he manages to talk his way into letting them try it. That aside, does this mean he is #9 of the Elite Ten now?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 21, 2017 4:10 PM
Mar 2016
GangsterCat said:
Judge A: "so delicious and full of U M A M I!!!!"
Judge B: "why is it so delicious!!???"
sOthers: "because U M A M I!!!""

they never get tired of spamming that fictional taste huh?

do you ever cooking? look like you didnt understand about Umami
that is real deal
Nov 21, 2017 5:00 PM

Apr 2016
Eizen's expressions throughout the second half of this episode were golden LOL
Nov 21, 2017 5:08 PM
Mar 2015
In your face Eizan
Nov 21, 2017 5:36 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
This episode made me erect. Soma is such a damn badass. It's so incredibly refreshing.

I wish this win would've allowed Soma into the Elite 10. But it was so awesome how he called them out like that at the end.

The sweetest part about this victory is that this dish is the culmination of everyone at the dorm. Now I'm intrigued to see if Erina is going to be a permanent resident there too.

Phenomenal episode.

P.S. Dear lord is Rindou fine as all hell.
Nov 21, 2017 5:37 PM
Jul 2015
ZBlastHistory said:
Eizan evolution face is the best

Oh and Rindou you still the best
I AM SO HAPPY FOR THESE. THANK YOU as I screenshot everyone of these.

What a great episode. Yukihira being a badass like always ! Everytime I see a shokugeki I want to try to make the dishes ahhh
Nov 21, 2017 5:59 PM
Mar 2017
That was a great episode i love how soma still confident doing his cooking and that part when he is insisted the old man judge to try his cooking was the best and defeated facial animation are the best i even shed a tears XD tooo happy.Cant wait for next episode
Nov 21, 2017 6:12 PM

Mar 2016
He was awesome. His warning was so cool. What is the big reveal that everybody's talking about? Did I miss something in the episode or is that from the manga...I haven't read up to this part yet.
Nov 21, 2017 6:38 PM

May 2017
That was badass, Souma is badass, he turned that situation around, I'd say that Shoukugeki is top 5 all time coz there's probably only 4 other characters who has a mental game and cooking to reverse an impossible situation like that
Nov 21, 2017 6:53 PM

Jan 2015
Phew, Eizan then two of the juries already taste it. Make the juries to "pending" their vote. The sign of victory is already revealed. I guess.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 21, 2017 7:06 PM
Jul 2018
I gotta love that Soma confidence in him, this episode was actually really satisfying to watch, and holy fuck thrilling as well. I WANT MORE!
Nov 21, 2017 7:25 PM

Jan 2013
OMG THIS EPISODE WAS SO GOOD!
Eizan got totally REKT! He deserved it so much...so happy that Souma won!
Loved Yukihira's provocations, he couldn't refuse him xD
Can't believe how good this episode was! 10/10 <3
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 21, 2017 7:41 PM

Dec 2014
Glorious episode.

That moment when Souma provoked Eizan was absolutely epic, Soma FTW!

Loved how Polar Star was fighting back and I love how they showed Erina's opinion on the people of Polar Star dorm and the chaotic but pleasant nature of the dorm itself.

Them Eizan faces, he got wrecked so bad. XD

Rindou foodgasm. <3

That final declaration by Soma was amazing.
Nov 21, 2017 8:20 PM

Dec 2013
I was cheering when Souma won.

Dat Rindou foodgasm tho!

Eizan faces in this episode were some of the best in the series for me.
Nov 21, 2017 8:58 PM

Jun 2014
Souma defeated a member of the elite 10.... using ketchup and kraft parmesan....
Nov 21, 2017 9:17 PM

Jul 2013
Eizan's face > orgasmic face
Nov 21, 2017 9:39 PM

Dec 2015
Third season in and I'm getting tired of all the ingredient and food explanations, it takes up too much time from every episode there's cooking...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 21, 2017 9:51 PM
Oct 2007
This episode got my blood rushing in. The Shokugeki feels from the previous seasons are more or less back. Can't wait to watch more. If this was a direct challenge to the top 10 seat means Yukihira is now on the 9th seat.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2017 10:06 PM

Jan 2009
Curian said:
Also love how Rindou doesn't seem like an enemy at all. Just like some cute girl who wants to eat yummy food and get some entertainment. :D

Rindou is no "enemy". An enemy harbors hostile intentions towards you, and Rindou does no such thing towards the rebels. She's an opponent, yes, but no enemy.

And besides, she's fair. In addition to hot and fun. What's not to love?
Nov 21, 2017 10:29 PM
Oct 2016
Was I the only one hopping soma would lose? Hear me out: as much as being expelled is painted to be the end of the world (or show) from the character’s perspective, there’s nothing to say they couldn’t have just had soma play the roll of a outsider of sorts as everyone tries to get the school back to normal. He could even be let back in when erina’s Dad is dealt with. Oh well, just something I thought might have been interesting
Nov 21, 2017 10:36 PM
Jan 2015
Ah that was glorious, its always a joy to see Eizen get owned. I always loved Souma's unconventional style and this shokugeki made use of it perfectly. Also that Rindou foodgasm>>>, the art was definitely better in the manga, but her VA amplified it with her performance in the anime. I just can't wait till the reveal.
My Queens

Nov 21, 2017 10:53 PM

Sep 2014
Stupid conclusion to the match. This is just blatant shounen plot armour. Judges get paid thousands of dollars to simply choose a winner, yet the MC is dumb enough to still go ahead with the match and somehow still ends up winning. How Sway, How!? They couldve made this a lot better by making something happen so that maybe 2 of Eizan's judges not show up and have 2 neutral judges have to fill in. This was just dumb. "The food tastes so good I couldn't press the button I was paid to press." Bruh -______-
Nov 21, 2017 11:04 PM
Mar 2017
DAIO said:
Stupid conclusion to the match. This is just blatant shounen plot armour. Judges get paid thousands of dollars to simply choose a winner, yet the MC is dumb enough to still go ahead with the match and somehow still ends up winning. How Sway, How!? They couldve made this a lot better by making something happen so that maybe 2 of Eizan's judges not show up and have 2 neutral judges have to fill in. This was just dumb. "The food tastes so good I couldn't press the button I was paid to press." Bruh -______-

so stupid ? what a shitty jokes.
then soma must fear with the judge and be an asspull MC?
Nov 22, 2017 12:18 AM
Jan 2012
The trash talks are real in this episode.

XD
Nov 22, 2017 12:30 AM

Mar 2013
Finally... I've been waiting for this chapters getting Animated, especially the animated version of Eizan's faces lol...

Seeing the dish Yukihira made by using Ketchup actually makes my mouth watery (although It's forbidden for me to eat pork by my Religious-belief, but It still looks delicious anyway)

4/5 Episode
Rio-Nov 22, 2017 12:33 AM
Nov 22, 2017 12:45 AM

Jul 2012
Souma is such troll, and Eizan took the bait hahaha.

I feel like Rindou voted for the change just so she can see all this chaos happen :P

This scene was great. Poor Yuuki 😂

It'd be pretty great if Erina would stay at Polar Star, but it probably won't happen. They're all becoming good friends though :)
Nov 22, 2017 1:40 AM
Oct 2015
Loved the Eizan faces in this episode, especially the provoking part also Rindou-senpai is the girl of the year and maybe next year as well.
Heckle was here...
Nov 22, 2017 1:59 AM

May 2015
DAIO said:

Someone doesn't pay attention.

Nov 22, 2017 2:00 AM

Jan 2014
Eizan face says it all, hilarious. lol
Nov 22, 2017 2:17 AM

Dec 2015
Suck it Eizan! Hope he is gone for good.
~
Nov 22, 2017 2:48 AM

Apr 2012
SidVicious said:
Now the wait begins for the big reveal.

haha dam straight, love the chapters coming up that they about to cover!
Nov 22, 2017 4:56 AM

Aug 2013
Eizan got wrecked. His faces lol.

Souma did it and the message he sent in the post-credit scene was great. Awesome episode.

Nov 22, 2017 5:05 AM
Dec 2016
Eizan's facial expressions when animated look even better, my god that was hilarious.

Hope the anime isn't 12 episodes or something, that would be sad. It should be animated at least till chapter 180 or something.
Nov 22, 2017 6:12 AM

Oct 2017
Eizan looked more like the grimace master, but still his expressions were golden.
I thought he had an allergic reaction when he tasted Soumas food. Loved it! :D
Nov 22, 2017 6:49 AM

Feb 2016
ive been waiting for ending part to become animation, freaking awesome!!
Nov 22, 2017 7:13 AM

Feb 2008
Haha, Eizan's expressions were glorious. Of course, that was expected, considering his opponent's nature. Yukihira still utterly annihilated him.

The judges were unexpectedly hilarious as well.
Nov 22, 2017 7:51 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Soma destroyed the judges and Eizan with his gyoza. I actually want to try Soma's dish, it looked very delicious, plus I like wings with Parmesan cheese on top.

Pretty cool to see the dormitory all geared up for battle lol.

Nov 22, 2017 8:34 AM
Mar 2016
Another Elite 10 just got owned.
Nov 22, 2017 8:58 AM

Jun 2014
Another fine episode, Souma what a baller.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2017 9:15 AM

Sep 2016
Sigh... so his cooking was so godly that even paid judges had to change their minds. Oh wow.

Dog-Person said:
Was I the only one hopping soma would lose? Hear me out: as much as being expelled is painted to be the end of the world (or show) from the character’s perspective, there’s nothing to say they couldn’t have just had soma play the roll of a outsider of sorts as everyone tries to get the school back to normal. He could even be let back in when erina’s Dad is dealt with. Oh well, just something I thought might have been interesting

I had a similar thought of him getting kicked out but readmitted by Erina's granddad intervention or some Elites like Rindo and the nudist guy. That would make me like this series again. I've already started to hate his god mode from the previous arc.

When he said to Eizan that it's lame to walk away after all that talk without eating his dish, Eizan could have just brushed him off easily by, "Well, it's lame for YOU after all that talk. Lol." The judges could have just walked away too without even looking at his dish. But noooooo~ his dish was so heavenly that even Chuck Norris had to burst out of his clothes upon the first bite.

Oh and btw, as an Asian who eats chicken rice regularly, I lmao and facepalmed when Eizan's special dish was revealed to be the Hainanese chicken rice. XDDD
TheSmilingShoujoNov 22, 2017 10:00 AM
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Nov 22, 2017 9:20 AM

Jun 2017
Pacing was too fast this episode. Too many frame skips that don't call enough attention to the dishes, considering how amazing both were. I was especially irked by :

1) how they just skimmed through the Hainan chicken rice dips, considering how crucial they are in making good Hainan chicken rice.
2) Soma's secret ingredient reveal. In the manga, Soma did a little baiting before he dropped the curtains, which delivered much better.

I miss Season 1 when they gave enough details of the recipes that I could recreate them at home. Nowadays it's more like, "please refer to standard recipe for dish X first, then here is our twist".

DAIO said:
How could this be made believable? I don't really know of any great way of doing such thing. But here is how I'd try to approach this. Instead of portraying the judges as arrogant, corrupt people that are there just for the money, I'd portray them as people that strongly and blindly believe in the reforms and the creation of Central. They would be following Eizan's plan of voting without even trying the challenger's food because they agree that's a more efficient way of crushing everyone's hopes, and because they blindly believe there is no way they could beat Eizan anyway. But then, after trying Souma's cooking vs Eizan's cooking, they could have their own beliefs crushed and vote for Souma. Not as much fan service, because they wouldn't be seen as despicable people, but a bit - just a bit - easier to swallow.

That is actually what happened in this episode, though? The judges expressed profound belief that Central was the way to produce truly delicious food, hence their mocking of Soma's cooking. They weren't planning on tasting it at first, but then they saw Eizan's reaction and 2 of them became interested. The middle judge vehemently refused to taste it until everyone else succumbed to it. Ultimately, they voted for the cooking that opened their eyes to new possibilities.

The mistake was actually to have everyone constantly scream that the judges have been bought in the previous episode. They should have been portrayed as judges blindly devout to Azami's vision from the very start, then they wouldn't have this gaping hole in the plot. I think the mangaka just made an error when they wrote it, but had no way to correct it, so they just went ahead with plot armour and removed the biased judges gimmick thereafter.
Nov 22, 2017 9:27 AM

Feb 2012
Eizan JoJo-esque faces.
Dammit. That was awesome xD
Nov 22, 2017 9:58 AM

Apr 2012
On the first page all I see are comments of the confrontation in the Shokugeki which is fine as this was what everyone was waiting for. What I have not seen mentioned though is how the Polar Star dorm took matters into their own hands to save the dorm. Yes Yukihira has a lot on his shoulders but everyone took up arms and defended their way of living.

another thing I would like to point out is the cute confrontation between Erina-chii and Yuuki. I loved how Erina is humbled as she realises that there is not only her way of cooking items. She seems to be realizing that there is more to polar star then meets the eye.

Also where is Ishikii Senpai?? As the 7th seat is he staying away so this does not complicate things for him ?

Nov 22, 2017 10:23 AM

Jul 2009
UrbanJahts said:
Okay so there's a whole delinquent population at Toutsuki ???? Are they even there for cooking?
Idk???

Awesome episode as always!!!!!!

Omggggg I so want Soumas DISH PLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEEE ... well except I don't eat pork but still it looked so good omg

SAAAAAAME, my bf's mom made something similar and it was amazing! I totally wanna recreate this dish (minus the pork)
Nov 22, 2017 12:24 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Evicting the tenants even when the match is still ongoing man Eizan really doesn't play fair does he. Its nice to see that Yuki and the others aren't giving up without a fight. Despite his manipulative nature it's indeed surprising that he can actually cook. Rindou's reaction to this was hillarious. A mobster with brains is a pretty apt term for him. So Eizan's nickname is the alchemist then. Its funny how despite using his own men Eizan's judges still fell to Yukihira's dish. An impressive victory that Yukihira managed to secure against Eizan. Eizan's final expression was just priceless.
Nov 22, 2017 1:09 PM

Sep 2014
Rindou's foodgasm TOO DAMN FINE!! Love her playful personality <3
Souma taunting everyone and wrecking Eizan felt good. Eizan's reactions were lol.
Erina getting some more development nice!
Nov 22, 2017 2:32 PM

Oct 2010
Best episode yet.

Yukihira is one hell of a badass main character.
'Ask her to wait a moment— I am almost done.' - Carl Friedrich Gauss ( When told, while working, that his wife was dying).
Nov 22, 2017 2:48 PM

Mar 2012
This is why Megumi is the true waifu

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2017

147 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 24, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

223 by ZombieZibi »»
Dec 3, 2023 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2017

128 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2017

118 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2017

108 by dspr »»
Jul 15, 2023 10:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.