Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Inuyashiki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Nov 4, 2017 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
pcf2 said:
Rehls said:

2. The show never told he was the standard, in the first place. How could you not have gotten this already? He's a real possibility, for sure, but not every one of them is like him; I've been mentioning this using different words, while apparently you've been insisting in what was never told.
It's like you completely ignored the reunion scene with all those bosses that obviously didn't look like him. Now would you really be considering the show telling that they all had his personality? This'd be hella stupid.
3. But I didn't only say that it was justified, but mentioned what's proof of it. Are you playing dumb here? Don't you know what it means to be someone's "underling"? What it means to be "defenseless"? ... The couple shown wasn't wealthy. (You should know what this entails; I shouldn't have to explain this.)
4. He deciding to take more risks doesn't makes him stupid. He taking risks while not being prepared to handle them, would.
We shouldn't have what to argue about this, what. How do you think he advanced in that criminal syndicate? Because he was extraordinarily competent.
- She handles them too well, as a 15 YO small, thin girl. That show took liberties, the same way this one took with the character we've been discussing, having lifted the other by the neck. The guns weigh 1.2-1.5kg http://www.gunbroker.com/item/713051160 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_1851_Navy_Revolver
7. It's fair for you to consider them lazy and such. But what isn't is for you to argue saying that their intent was to tell he's entirely "black". You can believe so, but you can't prove it; while both the protagonists serve as indication of otherwise.

No. Not everyone, nor he's a criminal boss because he can only do that. (You're behaving immaturely.) If you want to learn more about them, just do as I said. We've shown that he's resourceful as he has henchmen working for him, allies, and is apparently wealthy, etc.

It was done in a part of the town more enclosed, when there was no one around.

1. In case he was shown unrealistically tall (2.40cm+), that's a production fault, i.e, technical flaw. This is a minor flaw, as it's has little impact and can easily be fixed.
- Same thing for Kino. The flaw with the guns is minor; they could be just easily be replaced.
5. That, what you responded, is example of what I consider "weak attack" against my "defense", thus not worth replying further. You should know to measure your words better than to say that it's not comparable in any way when it's clearly comparable. And same as with 1., this is a minor flaw, for the same reasons.
8. You mentioned the bodies being left there and I hadn't paid attention. Apparently it was due to the old man they recognized is some super-man; they didn't want to stick around there for too long, then, as it'd be dangerous for them to. They obviously noticed that he wasn't wounded, after that many shots. Although the girl the boss didn't let go, the man apparently they hadn't planned in killing... so they ended up not taking his body. This must've been a screw up on their part, as he'd be full of fingerprints. But in such an unbelievable situation, these can be forgiven. In the end, what he'd have to worry the most is the invincible old man. (Besides, they could've just sent another crew to pick the bodies, if they wanted. And as the crew hadn't acted, it must've been because they found out the fiance was alive. And with them monitoring his conversations, they could easily threaten, using the girl.)

2. we are aruing the characters accuracy with real life yakuza (im not saying the show is portraying him as the norm however the comment i origianlly replied to indicated that he was a realistic portrayal of criminals in todays society) [Yakuza bosses typically dont look, or act like the one portrayed in the anime]

3. Its not justified at all you gave a prison example only problem is they are not in prison and the rape to show dominance thing would be looked down upon in todays society even in prison let alone outside of prison. simply being a uderling or being defencless isnt justification for his actions. I dont know why its so hard to admit his actions are purely to show the audience how edgy he is.

[ your logic: A student steals from a candy store because he's fast enough to get away with it ( this isnt justifciation, justification would be he stole because he was hungry)]

4. letting a kidnapped person run away and potentially go to the police is not just a small risk that would be a huge risk that most would want to avoid unless again they're stupid, and asking for more trouble than its worth. The fact is if he didnt have to let her go because of his injuries then he wouldnt. Its that simple, you cant say hes "extraordinarily competent" then say he let his victim runaway for no real reason.

-kino isnt a action anime focusing on its technical aspects in this regard is a waste of time and she uses them well but, then again she practices with them EVERYDAY.

7. Its objectively lazy writing maybe it wasnt intented to be a entirely black charater, but at the end of the day thats exactly what they created. ( him not raping and killing all the other yakuza doesnt mean he is now grey character all we saw him do was make smug faces until grandpa showed up. if they wanted to show a more rounded side they could have but didnt)
i know you are going to say that IRL people arent completely one thing and thus that means that the yakuza had more diverse sides to him that we just didnt get to see (only problem is nothing of the sort was ever hinted at to be the case i think his goal as a character is to be the typical dark edgy stereotype)

I am just following your line of justifcation if thats immature, then not much can be done its your own line of reasoning. Im not stupid enough to try and learn about real life crime organisations from a anime because i know it would very innacurate.

"It was done in a part of the town more enclosed, when there was no one around."
not sure how this justifies his hastly put together plan he still kidnapped someone that has family that would realise shes missing in broad day light and not far from where they work

1. why are we going back to this its not a production flaw im pretty sure he was supposed to be unrealistically tall to go with his over the top evil anime villain cliche
- not really a flaw she uses the gun and got used to them through training everyday

5. no idea what you are talking about ...

8. You're just throwing things at a wall and hoping they stick. (complete and utter nonsense)

so they are so scared they run and leave the body, but they take the girl? the same girl super-grandpa made clear he wanted to protect. if they are so scared why take the gril why not call it quits?

wait, so they were going to send another crew to get the bodies is that before or after they have the yakuza celebration because the longer they wait the longer the evidence (body) is waiting to be found. how could they have found out the fiance was alive did they come back to check did they wait for super grandpa to leave? when they found out he was still alive what did they do? nothing

threaten super- grandpa and the fiance .. that wouldnt have went well.

This explanation has so many holes.. at the yakuza meet up the yakuza boss didnt even seem concerned let alone scared even when he saw the grandpa he seemed worry free.

(these explanations you keep giving arent backed up by the show or real life events its just incoherent rambling and assumptions)

2/3 Oh my but how many "Yakuza bosses" do you know? The fact is that one can behave the way he does. He can. What makes him appear more unbelievable is simply his height. He could do what he did to that guy in the sauna and the justification would be that the guy didn't respect him, as they've an hierarchy. (Ah, apparently you forgot an important part about the scene.)
"today's society"--they're criminals, and weren't even in an office. But we've seen in movies how bosses use violence to punish underlings that misbehave.
4. You can only assume that even though they let her go, they didn't have her under some vigilance. (One of his underlings could've simply followed her--which'd be done by a simple phone call of him.) You can't disprove it, that's more likely than not. See how this is pointless? Just say that the author was too lazy to show every single detail to you.
- Oh it isn't action anime, yeah? Yet it's action scenes (the arena). And you're just excusing them not being done well, as you like that show more.
Training with it wouldn't necessarily increase muscle, but skill (which'd be hindered by the lack of enough muscle).
7. Yeah, it'd be easy for the author to add a short scene hinting at what motivated him to behave the way he does (even though it's pretty obvious).

In case you're feeling unsure and/or it'd be of actual consequence to you that what you might learn in anime could be wrong, you can, yeah, always do a research. But again, the show isn't telling it the way you put it.

Same case as my response to 4.

5. The video of the guy being lifted.
8. None of it was nonsense. Guess you were too dense to even understand it or really have bad reading comprehension.
In the scene, the boss said he didn't like the fiance's face--which might've been what made him strangle the guy in the first place. (The else should've been understandable enough.)

And would it guarantee that the old guy wouldn't go after them even so? (We're already assuming that they believed that they could be tracked down.) When by having her, they'd have what to bargain with. ... See how pointless it's to question? We can both find truths, but we can't be sure, as it wasn't told explicitly. But what was, was that they succeeded.

That's a simple logical explanation, that easily fills the gap. They didn't have to do anything, as in my presumption, they didn't want him killed in the first place. Once the boss was done with the girl, they'd let her go and threaten the couple's lives, so they don't tell.

But that's his character--he's tough. Being tough doesn't have to do with being prudent.

They're backed up by logic, yes--as we've been both using. But like I mentioned above, "See how pointless..."
removed-userNov 4, 2017 11:16 AM
Nov 4, 2017 11:42 AM

Jun 2017
I just want to add
What does art mean?Art expresses emotion to us, in an emotional way, physical way and psychological way, but the very essence of art itself is not what it is, but how that works, Art is how you can comunicate your emotions with it, and i want to analyze and know everything about it, i, as a rational being, want to know how it works, how it is divided and how it is structured.
And i respect all opinions, my Profile Motto is to respect all opinions, because all of them are valid and make us humans deserving of that title, so please don't insinuate that i don't respect other opinions. Last thing, the best part about opinions is to debate and argue, so we disagree and argue so we can all communicate with each other, and this is exactly what i did, trying to create bonds with other people and trying to make an observation, and i never insulted anyone, because that goes against everything i believe in
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Nov 4, 2017 12:11 PM

Dec 2015
Rehls said:
pcf2 said:

2. we are aruing the characters accuracy with real life yakuza (im not saying the show is portraying him as the norm however the comment i origianlly replied to indicated that he was a realistic portrayal of criminals in todays society) [Yakuza bosses typically dont look, or act like the one portrayed in the anime]

3. Its not justified at all you gave a prison example only problem is they are not in prison and the rape to show dominance thing would be looked down upon in todays society even in prison let alone outside of prison. simply being a uderling or being defencless isnt justification for his actions. I dont know why its so hard to admit his actions are purely to show the audience how edgy he is.

[ your logic: A student steals from a candy store because he's fast enough to get away with it ( this isnt justifciation, justification would be he stole because he was hungry)]

4. letting a kidnapped person run away and potentially go to the police is not just a small risk that would be a huge risk that most would want to avoid unless again they're stupid, and asking for more trouble than its worth. The fact is if he didnt have to let her go because of his injuries then he wouldnt. Its that simple, you cant say hes "extraordinarily competent" then say he let his victim runaway for no real reason.

-kino isnt a action anime focusing on its technical aspects in this regard is a waste of time and she uses them well but, then again she practices with them EVERYDAY.

7. Its objectively lazy writing maybe it wasnt intented to be a entirely black charater, but at the end of the day thats exactly what they created. ( him not raping and killing all the other yakuza doesnt mean he is now grey character all we saw him do was make smug faces until grandpa showed up. if they wanted to show a more rounded side they could have but didnt)
i know you are going to say that IRL people arent completely one thing and thus that means that the yakuza had more diverse sides to him that we just didnt get to see (only problem is nothing of the sort was ever hinted at to be the case i think his goal as a character is to be the typical dark edgy stereotype)

I am just following your line of justifcation if thats immature, then not much can be done its your own line of reasoning. Im not stupid enough to try and learn about real life crime organisations from a anime because i know it would very innacurate.

"It was done in a part of the town more enclosed, when there was no one around."
not sure how this justifies his hastly put together plan he still kidnapped someone that has family that would realise shes missing in broad day light and not far from where they work

1. why are we going back to this its not a production flaw im pretty sure he was supposed to be unrealistically tall to go with his over the top evil anime villain cliche
- not really a flaw she uses the gun and got used to them through training everyday

5. no idea what you are talking about ...

8. You're just throwing things at a wall and hoping they stick. (complete and utter nonsense)

so they are so scared they run and leave the body, but they take the girl? the same girl super-grandpa made clear he wanted to protect. if they are so scared why take the gril why not call it quits?

wait, so they were going to send another crew to get the bodies is that before or after they have the yakuza celebration because the longer they wait the longer the evidence (body) is waiting to be found. how could they have found out the fiance was alive did they come back to check did they wait for super grandpa to leave? when they found out he was still alive what did they do? nothing

threaten super- grandpa and the fiance .. that wouldnt have went well.

This explanation has so many holes.. at the yakuza meet up the yakuza boss didnt even seem concerned let alone scared even when he saw the grandpa he seemed worry free.

(these explanations you keep giving arent backed up by the show or real life events its just incoherent rambling and assumptions)

2/3 Oh my but how many "Yakuza bosses" do you know? The fact is that one can behave the way he does. He can. What makes him appear more unbelievable is simply his height. He could do what he did to that guy in the sauna and the justification would be that the guy didn't respect him, as they've an hierarchy. (Ah, apparently you forgot an important part about the scene.)
"today's society"--they're criminals, and weren't even in an office. But we've seen in movies how bosses use violence to punish underlings that misbehave.
4. You can only assume that even though they let her go, they didn't have her under some vigilance. (One of his underlings could've simply followed her--which'd be done by a simple phone call of him.) You can't disprove it, that's more likely than not. See how this is pointless? Just say that the author was too lazy to show every single detail to you.
- Oh it isn't action anime, yeah? Yet it's action scenes (the arena). And you're just excusing them not being done well, as you like that show more.
Training with it wouldn't necessarily increase muscle, but skill (which'd be hindered by the lack of enough muscle).
7. Yeah, it'd be easy for the author to add a short scene hinting at what motivated him to behave the way he does (even though it's pretty obvious).

In case you're feeling unsure and/or it'd be of actual consequence to you that what you might learn in anime could be wrong, you can, yeah, always do a research. But again, the show isn't telling it the way you put it.

8. None of it was nonsense. Guess you were too dense to even understand it or really have bad reading comprehension.
In the scene, the boss said he didn't like the fiance's face--which might've been what made him strangle the guy in the first place. (The else should've been understandable enough.)

And would it guarantee that the old guy wouldn't go after them even so? (We're already assuming that they believed that they could be tracked down.) When by having her, they'd have what to bargain with. ... See how pointless it's to question? We can both find truths, but we can't be sure, as it wasn't told explicitly. But what was, was that they succeeded.

That's a simple logical explanation, that easily fills the gap. They didn't have to do anything, as in my presumption, they didn't want him killed in the first place. Once the boss was done with the girl, they'd let her go and threaten the couple's lives, so they don't tell.

But that's his character--he's tough. Being tough doesn't have to do with being prudent.

They're backed up by logic, yes--as we've been both using. But like I mentioned above, "See how pointless..."

2/3 the assumption that most yakuza bosses dont look/ act like that isnt based on how many yakuza bosses ive met lmao its common sense to assume that a person fitting the description of the anime yakuza would be a rare sight ... the argument is how realistic it is to normal society if you are conceeding he doesnt fit the normal look of a typical yakuza boss, then why are you still arguing as if its an accurate portrayal just move on and conceed.
- he didnt move over in a sauna where there is plenty of space doesnt seem like disrespect if anything the yakuza boss is clearly disrespecting here and looking for a reason. furthermore, if he was a underling wouldnt he be aware what his boss looks like and his bosses reputation? ( i dont see how this disproves that the yakuza boss simply looking for people to sexually assult)

4. she escaped in a taxi she could have asked the driver to call police or heck did it herself, or even in that time told a bunch of people. prevention is always better than a cure.. if they could prevent her from leaving that would be a much better option than letting her run around and bring attention to them even if she was being followed its just added pointless risk on their part.

- so you didnt kno it was not a action anime ? having a action scene does not make it a action oriented show. Thats like having a character eating in one scene and suddenly claiming its a cooking/food show. The 2017 kino is mediocre compared to the original and its not excused at all i just expect more from a show that is. firstly, action orientated and secondly is supposedly "a accurate depiction of crime in todays society"

training doesnt increase muscle where did you learn that ? im pretty sure training would build muscle and skill.

I am pretty sure anime are very poor sources of factual information especially if you are trying to get information about underground crime organistaions through a sci fi seinen anime.

if its the same case im glad you did not type that nonsense out.

5. The video of the man lifting the kid by his clothes ? what about it? i think i made it clear the video does you know favours

8. it was almost completely nonsense conjecture
I watched the anime i saw him saying edgy stuff to the guy what does that prove ? we already know he strangled the guy because he wanted to get the girl.

what and who would they bargin with the boy friend they believe to be dead ? or magically realise hes okay and bargin for money, but they made it clear they didnt want any money. the old man was able to crash into the room in the first place and try and stop the girl from being taken he didnt know where they were before, so its safe to assume that on top of his superman like powers he is able to find them. if the yakuza think the old man is still alive then what would be stopping him from just reporting them to the police (if he couldnt find them he had a dead body as evidence too)

he choked him to death safe to say you dont do that by accident he wanted him killed and should take the body to avoid being caught . most people call the police if their kidnappers are stupid enough to free them the first time, but the second time after being raped you think threatening them would do the trick. In the couples eyes surely they would feel that the worst has already been done to them and want some kind of justice. it also doesnt seem likely that the yakuza boss would just let them live their lives like normal.

your explanation did not fill the gaps its just conjecture based on nothing.

"But that's his character--he's tough. Being tough doesn't have to do with being prudent."

lol can you stop flip-flopping i thought you said he was "extremely intelligent" as he is a yakuza boss now you are conviniently abandoning this and saying he isnt prudent and hes wild.

{challeneg so we can end the discussion} If you feel that the yakuza boss is infact an accurate depiction and is also not one dimentional, then describe the yakuza boss without mentioning his appearance or his edginess.

you have not been using logic you have been using conjecture ( you are saying maybe he did this and that, but none of it is shown or even hinted at in the show)

what's the question when they're calling you the answer?
Nov 4, 2017 12:56 PM

Nov 2011
It's so cool episode. I'm impressed! But it's very hard to watch, because really violent.

I really like the main charachter, he's strong and kind. And he is old man, not teen! Hope he'll defeat that boy. This show is absolutely unusual.
Nov 4, 2017 1:45 PM

Nov 2017
Hi

Seemed unnecessarily OTT this week, with no real character or plot development. Yes it was cool when he kicked ass - however if the show is just going to be vignettes of evil man torture porn versus (sexual) violence avenged by the good old robot man, then I am out.

Was hoping for a bit more from this series, will probably drop it if it continues like this. Shame.
Although I can see how it would appeal to teens as it does seem designed to appeal to edgelords, extreme for the sake of it with no necessary context. Prefer Berserk.
Nov 4, 2017 2:18 PM
Jul 2018
pcf2 said:
Rehls said:

2/3 the assumption that most yakuza bosses dont look/ act like that isnt based on how many yakuza bosses ive met lmao its common sense to assume that a person fitting the description of the anime yakuza would be a rare sight ... the argument is how realistic it is to normal society if you are conceeding he doesnt fit the normal look of a typical yakuza boss, then why are you still arguing as if its an accurate portrayal just move on and conceed.
- he didnt move over in a sauna where there is plenty of space doesnt seem like disrespect if anything the yakuza boss is clearly disrespecting here and looking for a reason. furthermore, if he was a underling wouldnt he be aware what his boss looks like and his bosses reputation? ( i dont see how this disproves that the yakuza boss simply looking for people to sexually assult)

4. she escaped in a taxi she could have asked the driver to call police or heck did it herself, or even in that time told a bunch of people. prevention is always better than a cure.. if they could prevent her from leaving that would be a much better option than letting her run around and bring attention to them even if she was being followed its just added pointless risk on their part.

- so you didnt kno it was not a action anime ? having a action scene does not make it a action oriented show. Thats like having a character eating in one scene and suddenly claiming its a cooking/food show. The 2017 kino is mediocre compared to the original and its not excused at all i just expect more from a show that is. firstly, action orientated and secondly is supposedly "a accurate depiction of crime in todays society"

training doesnt increase muscle where did you learn that ? im pretty sure training would build muscle and skill.

I am pretty sure anime are very poor sources of factual information especially if you are trying to get information about underground crime organistaions through a sci fi seinen anime.

5. The video of the man lifting the kid by his clothes ? what about it? i think i made it clear the video does you know favours

I watched the anime i saw him saying edgy stuff to the guy what does that prove ? we already know he strangled the guy because he wanted to get the girl.

what and who would they bargin with the boy friend they believe to be dead ? or magically realise hes okay and bargin for money, but they made it clear they didnt want any money. the old man was able to crash into the room in the first place and try and stop the girl from being taken he didnt know where they were before, so its safe to assume that on top of his superman like powers he is able to find them. if the yakuza think the old man is still alive then what would be stopping him from just reporting them to the police (if he couldnt find them he had a dead body as evidence too)

he choked him to death safe to say you dont do that by accident he wanted him killed and should take the body to avoid being caught . most people call the police if their kidnappers are stupid enough to free them the first time, but the second time after being raped you think threatening them would do the trick. In the couples eyes surely they would feel that the worst has already been done to them and want some kind of justice. it also doesnt seem likely that the yakuza boss would just let them live their lives like normal.

"But that's his character--he's tough. Being tough doesn't have to do with being prudent."

lol can you stop flip-flopping i thought you said he was "extremely intelligent" as he is a yakuza boss now you are conviniently abandoning this and saying he isnt prudent and hes wild.

{challeneg so we can end the discussion} If you feel that the yakuza boss is infact an accurate depiction and is also not one dimentional, then describe the yakuza boss without mentioning his appearance or his edginess.

you have not been using logic you have been using conjecture ( you are saying maybe he did this and that, but none of it is shown or even hinted at in the show)

2/3 Welp, I was referring to "realistic"--how could you've thought that I meant it being probable that he was like most? When previously I said otherwise.
So he's still mostly realistic, even if not standard.
---
You're pointlessly arguing over this, like I pointed out. (Continue like this, and the blame'll be on you for making us waste time, hah.) So the obvious answer is: he wasn't his underling. Now why didn't you consider what "underling" implies? When it's so obvious- It's that the sauna guy was of lower position in their hierarchy.
4. But it turned out she didn't do it. We can't expect everyone to follow what we believe is prudent; but in her case, it'd not necessarily be. Reality isn't always predictable...
Just imagine that if he screwed up significantly, the other bosses' gaze on him would force him to behave (for some time). He just didn't yet.

I was being humorous about it, like in 2/3. But does in the original version there's a super-human Japanese guy wielding a katana? If so, it's just as flawed. I just hope that perhaps once I watch it, I don't recognize Kino being as pretentious.
Training your entire body would, but we were referring to training with the guns only; like fast-draws and shot accuracy.

5. What did you mean? What's significantly different in that video is that the arms weren't stretched like in the anime, which could've made it impossible for the lifting to be done. The rest is fine.

8. Again, no. As you appear to believe otherwise, point out exactly what, so we can prolong this pointless discussion further.
It means that he's disgust for someone that looks like the complete opposite of him, which angered him--and as he's some hot-blooded guy, he went too far. (This was all very obvious.)

They'd have gone to the house and observed that he was alive, obviously; there's nothing magical about it. ... Man, you've issues... It was obvious that I was referring to them not telling about the kidnapping and r*pe, which was the main event.

You're assuming "they'd want some kind of justice". You can't know that. The worst will be death of either them or their family members. It appears you didn't even consider their own death, let alone their family members' (which was what they threatened them with, so it should've been obvious).

You misunderstood me again. (Seriously...) The time they took the girl and left was the time he was prudent. The time he didn't show worry in the reunion was the time he was tough (which was to be expected, anyway).

Why wouldn't I mention his appearance or bad personality? And I told you about "one-dimensional".

Nope. It's not been hinted but shown that he's henchmen working for him, that even got the phone number of the fiance. So one of the things I said was that by a simple phone call, he could've made someone follow her, find out whether the guy was alive, etc.
Nov 4, 2017 2:25 PM
Apr 2014
Irish_Chick said:
Hi

Seemed unnecessarily OTT this week, with no real character or plot development. Yes it was cool when he kicked ass - however if the show is just going to be vignettes of evil man torture porn versus (sexual) violence avenged by the good old robot man, then I am out.

Was hoping for a bit more from this series, will probably drop it if it continues like this. Shame.
Although I can see how it would appeal to teens as it does seem designed to appeal to edgelords, extreme for the sake of it with no necessary context. Prefer Berserk.
These are just the introductory episodes, the bigger plots coming later should assuage your worries a bit. From what I know of the manga, it becomes a lot more character-driven later on, which includes some pretty decent character development.
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Nov 4, 2017 2:27 PM

Sep 2014
Talcon said:
caio_ken said:
And the mature part that he's talking about is blowjob, nude people and violence. This is what defines if a work is going to be mature or not in rating.

I don't agree that explicit sex, violence, and sexual violence makes a show mature.

I'm afraid to announce you that these are exactly what mature stands for.
Nov 4, 2017 2:44 PM
Jul 2017
The old man, who was recently looking at a terminal illness, has a pretty good idea about what it means to be incapacitated for the rest of your life.

This episode was about jiji learning more about his capabilities.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Nov 4, 2017 3:00 PM

Sep 2015
The boring morality was the biggest issue of the show, so it’s great to see Inuyashiki do some truly questionable things toward the end. I’m hoping he starts telling himself that it’s okay to bring retribution to these criminals, even though he’s in the wrong too.
Nov 4, 2017 3:45 PM

Feb 2013
Wow great episode.
I thought they were gonna go all tragic with that young couple (both dying) but our hero actually saved the day.
Nov 4, 2017 6:07 PM

Aug 2015
Was totally waiting for this episode to happen. It's the most Justice Porn we've experienced so far from this show.
Nov 4, 2017 6:37 PM

Jul 2016
Not much progress with the main plot, but it was nice seeing the yakuza dudes get rekt.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2017 7:46 PM

Oct 2016
Hrybami said:
Talcon said:

I don't agree that explicit sex, violence, and sexual violence makes a show mature.

I'm afraid to announce you that these are exactly what mature stands for.

I regret to inform you that the categories that constitute the Mature rating, when used excessively, indicate a lack of maturity.
Nov 5, 2017 12:16 AM

Dec 2015
Rehls said:
pcf2 said:

2/3 Welp, I was referring to "realistic"--how could you've thought that I meant it being probable that he was like most? When previously I said otherwise.
---
You're pointlessly arguing over this, like I pointed out. (Continue like this, and the blame'll be on you for making us waste time, hah.) So the obvious answer is: he wasn't his underling. Now why didn't you consider what "underling" implies? When it's so obvious- It's that the sauna guy was of lower position in their hierarchy.
4. But it turned out she didn't do it. We can't expect everyone to follow what we believe is prudent; but in her case, it'd not necessarily be. Reality isn't always predictable...
Just imagine that if he screwed up significantly, the other bosses' gaze on him would force him to behave (for some time). He just didn't yet.

I was being humorous about it, like in 2/3. But does in the original version there's a super-human Japanese guy wielding a katana? If so, it's just as flawed. I just hope that perhaps once I watch it, I don't recognize Kino being as pretentious.
Training your entire body would, but we were referring to training with the guns only; like fast-draws and shot accuracy.

5. What did you mean? What's significantly different in that video is that the arms weren't stretched like in the anime, which could've made it impossible for the lifting to be done. The rest is fine.

8. Again, no. As you appear to believe otherwise, point out exactly what, so we can prolong this pointless discussion further.
It means that he's disgust for someone that looks like the complete opposite of him, which angered him--and as he's some hot-blooded guy, he went too far. (This was all very obvious.)

They'd have gone to the house and observed that he was alive, obviously; there's nothing magical about it. ... Man, you've issues... It was obvious that I was referring to them not telling about the kidnapping and r*pe, which was the main event.

You're assuming "they'd want some kind of justice". You can't know that. The worst will be death of either them or their family members. It appears you didn't even consider their own death, let alone their family members' (which was what they threatened them with, so it should've been obvious).

You misunderstood me again. (Seriously...) The time they took the girl and left was the time he was prudent. The time he didn't show worry in the reunion was the time he was tough (which was to be expected, anyway).

Why wouldn't I mention his appearance or bad personality? And I told you about "one-dimensional".

Nope. It's not been hinted but shown that he's henchmen working for him, that even got the phone number of the fiance. So one of the things I said was that by a simple phone call, he could've made someone follow her, find out whether the guy was alive, etc.

2/3 realistic "representing things in a way that is accurate and true to life." if you are agreeing it isnt at all probable then its not true to real life the vast majority of japanese people dont look like that hence its not a realistic or true to life portrayal .( sure anyone in theory could look like a certain way, but that isnt the same as realism - if you portrayed black people suffering in the jim crow era as being pale skinned that wouldnt be realistic portrayal even though a black person can have paler skin.

- your initial argument is that he doesnt rape everyone just people he feels are defenceless and people in his crew that disrespect him now you are concluding that the person was not in his crew or disrespecting him, so you are agreeing he essentially rapes everyone at a drop of the hat. since, now you lost your reasoning as to why he acts the way he does you will just go back to he rapes because hes a yakuza boss, and hes a yakuza boss because he rapes.
(im pretty sure most if not all people would fall under his heirach - saying he didnt rape everyone at the meet up doesnt disprove this lol )

4. Its called lazy writing and plot convinience there is no intelligent way to explain why she didnt call the police, or get help its not "predictable" its common sense at that point no threats were made against calling the police, so doing so would be advisable and would have considerably helped her situation in everyway possible.

why should i imagine random situations that didnt happen and was never even remotely hinted at that literally all random conjecture.
heck, we didnt see any other boss give him any look, and none of them even remotely looked to be able to physically intimidate him as hes twice their size and is clearly been written as being the edgy over the top one.
(conjecture isnt helping make a point that is actually remotely backed up by the show not just random waffling)

there is also a talking motorbike you need to watch kino and understand that its not a action anime and isnt at all based on realism same with the yakuza boss he isnt realistic and isnt supposed to be. nobody is arguing that kino is a realistic show it is you that is arguing that the yakuza boss is a realistic portrayal which he clearly isnt.

Its again not a action anime focusing on the action would be missing the point if the show and training to do a action again and again is training most of her battles are won with fast draws, so training in that everyday seems reasonable enough reason as to why shes good at it.

5. the significant differnces are pretty much everything.
-hes lifting a kid not a grown adult
-lifting up by his clothes not by the neck
- hes not lifting and squeezing using hand strenth on someone neck which requires a lot of hand strength and coordination
- intially struggles to get him off the ground
- you said it yourself arms are not stretched out
- the guy in the video brings the kid close and lifts him vertically ( putting his centre of gravity underneath the kid allowing him to use his upper body more for the lift which is vastly easier to the anime.
- the anime yakuza lifts the man up his arms and the boy are hanging away from him his arms are horizontal that would require muscle strength in the arms and shoulder he wouldnt have the support of having his whole body.
-the kid in the video is clearly helping the guy looks like a routine they do as the kid is almost wrapping his legs around the guy ( the anime the guy is kicking his legs trying to escape)
- there is a huge differnece between carrying dead weight and carrying regular weight.

8.If its conjecture then im not going to bother with it.

i think you are just trying to add depth to a character that just doesnt have any he didnt go too far as going too far is clearly the norm for him. it seemed like he was going to kill the guy either way as one hes a witness and two hes getting in the way of the yakuza guys rape. if he looked handsome do you think the yakuza guy would have let him go ?
( not obvious its just conjecture you are masquerading as fact)

so they go to his house and find hes not dead even though they would have been convinced he is dead since he did get choked to death, and when they find this out they do nothing? wouldnt they want to kill him as hes a witness and when did this happen ? while the granpa was passed out lol or after he left.
( clearly you are just making this up as you go along none of this is shown or even hinted at again stop with the random conjecture to support your narrative stick to actual facts)

so you think he goes around raping people and just threatens them not to tell that doesnt sound like the actions of a " extremely intelligent " person sounds like more trouble than its worth would be better off to just kill them.

LOL im assuming your whole argument is based on nothing. if you got raped you wouldnt want justice ? or at the very least to be safe ? how can you be safe if you're being constantly threatened by a yakuza boss (not making any sense) going after family members seem like more trouble than its worth it would be easier to just kill the couple as you would have to track the family kill them hide the evidence and account for all the people that would realise they're missing etc etc

so hes a yakuza boss so hes incredibly smart but when he does something nonsensical hes "wild" when he runs away as hes scared of teh super grandpa hes " prudent leaving evidence" seeing the grandpa again and hes "tough" make up your mind.

your logic is that he isnt one dimentional if that the case then it should be easy for you to describe the persons character while avoiding his basic archetype "edginess" a well rounded character, surely you can agree is more than thier appearnce and edginess.

edginess isnt a personality.

{feel free to do my challenge keep th conjecture to a minimum}

he got the phone number from the girl its not that hard to do so and why would he bother to get someone to check if he is alive he left the guy foaming from the mouth after he chocked him to death he had no pulse im pretty surehe would be convince the guy is dead.

Nov 5, 2017 12:25 AM

Apr 2014
Hahah this ep was great, didn't hold anything back and legitimately bad ass one-episoder villain. Almost wanted him to win tbh.
Old dude is learning to use his powers, and I love how they don't make him omnipotent; he can't save everyone even with his powers, hence why that family perished in episode 2.
Also loved how they showed he can also save people without his powers, like how he revived the boyfriend through simple chest compression.
Everyone can be a hero if they really try, powers or no powers, Boku no Hero Academia be damned.
Nov 5, 2017 1:13 AM
Jul 2018
pcf2 said:
Rehls said:

---

2/3 realistic "representing things in a way that is accurate and true to life." if you are agreeing it isnt at all probable then its not true to real life the vast majority of japanese people dont look like that hence its not a realistic or true to life portrayal .( sure anyone in theory could look like a certain way, but that isnt the same as realism - if you portrayed black people suffering in the jim crow era as being pale skinned that wouldnt be realistic portrayal even though a black person can have paler skin.

- your initial argument is that he doesnt rape everyone just people he feels are defenceless and people in his crew that disrespect him now you are concluding that the person was not in his crew or disrespecting him, so you are agreeing he essentially rapes everyone at a drop of the hat. since, now you lost your reasoning as to why he acts the way he does you will just go back to he rapes because hes a yakuza boss, and hes a yakuza boss because he rapes.
(im pretty sure most if not all people would fall under his heirach - saying he didnt rape everyone at the meet up doesnt disprove this lol )

4. Its called lazy writing and plot convinience there is no intelligent way to explain why she didnt call the police, or get help its not "predictable" its common sense at that point no threats were made against calling the police, so doing so would be advisable and would have considerably helped her situation in everyway possible.

why should i imagine random situations that didnt happen and was never even remotely hinted at that literally all random conjecture.
heck, we didnt see any other boss give him any look, and none of them even remotely looked to be able to physically intimidate him as hes twice their size and is clearly been written as being the edgy over the top one.
(conjecture isnt helping make a point that is actually remotely backed up by the show not just random waffling)

there is also a talking motorbike you need to watch kino and understand that its not a action anime and isnt at all based on realism same with the yakuza boss he isnt realistic and isnt supposed to be. nobody is arguing that kino is a realistic show it is you that is arguing that the yakuza boss is a realistic portrayal which he clearly isnt.

Its again not a action anime focusing on the action would be missing the point if the show and training to do a action again and again is training most of her battles are won with fast draws, so training in that everyday seems reasonable enough reason as to why shes good at it.

- hes not lifting and squeezing using hand strenth on someone neck which requires a lot of hand strength and coordination
- the guy in the video brings the kid close and lifts him vertically ( putting his centre of gravity underneath the kid allowing him to use his upper body more for the lift which is vastly easier to the anime.
- the anime yakuza lifts the man up his arms and the boy are hanging away from him his arms are horizontal that would require muscle strength in the arms and shoulder he wouldnt have the support of having his whole body.
-the kid in the video is clearly helping the guy looks like a routine they do as the kid is almost wrapping his legs around the guy ( the anime the guy is kicking his legs trying to escape)
- there is a huge differnece between carrying dead weight and carrying regular weight.

i think you are just trying to add depth to a character that just doesnt have any he didnt go too far as going too far is clearly the norm for him. it seemed like he was going to kill the guy either way as one hes a witness and two hes getting in the way of the yakuza guys rape. if he looked handsome do you think the yakuza guy would have let him go ?

so they go to his house and find hes not dead even though they would have been convinced he is dead since he did get choked to death, and when they find this out they do nothing? wouldnt they want to kill him as hes a witness and when did this happen ? while the granpa was passed out lol or after he left.
( clearly you are just making this up as you go along none of this is shown or even hinted at again stop with the random conjecture to support your narrative stick to actual facts)

so you think he goes around raping people and just threatens them not to tell that doesnt sound like the actions of a " extremely intelligent " person sounds like more trouble than its worth would be better off to just kill them.

LOL im assuming your whole argument is based on nothing. if you got raped you wouldnt want justice ? or at the very least to be safe ? how can you be safe if you're being constantly threatened by a yakuza boss (not making any sense) going after family members seem like more trouble than its worth it would be easier to just kill the couple as you would have to track the family kill them hide the evidence and account for all the people that would realise they're missing etc etc

so hes a yakuza boss so hes incredibly smart but when he does something nonsensical hes "wild" when he runs away as hes scared of teh super grandpa hes " prudent leaving evidence" seeing the grandpa again and hes "tough" make up your mind.

your logic is that he isnt one dimentional if that the case then it should be easy for you to describe the persons character while avoiding his basic archetype "edginess" a well rounded character, surely you can agree is more than thier appearnce and edginess.

he got the phone number from the girl its not that hard to do so and why would he bother to get someone to check if he is alive he left the guy foaming from the mouth after he chocked him to death he had no pulse im pretty surehe would be convince the guy is dead.

2/3 No, he's still mostly realistic, probable, except for his height (which is of least significance). Bad personality isn't uncommon and he was behaving more wildly in his "leisure time". When people are comfortable they loosen themselves more.
Nope. And I didn't lose reasoning. It's been always about people under him, be those working for him or not. And for the sake of your argument you're exaggerating, saying that he actively rapes everyone, when the time he did with the guy, it was due the guy's mistake.
4. Lazy writing could be. Common sense isn't always reliable. Due to her personality, she was more concerned about finding whether the fiance was alive, as due to his importance to her, practically life wouldn't be worth living anyway, to her, without him. (Her concern for him demonstrated when she woke up in the bed.) And again, no, it'd not necessarily have helped her, but actually screwed her life more, if she had caused trouble to the Yakuza. Police wouldn't save her or anyone close to her from being shot in a street corner, which'd serve as example.
Someone was hungry. They had phone and money at home. Later, they appear well-fed. Oh they couldn't have ordered a pizza, huh? But it's not like I'm saying that it's not pointless to argue over this sh*t.
I suppose I shouldn't call you for the word I was gonna, but so: your intelligence was lacking (what a surprise). Because he's not bullet-proof.

I didn't say it's entirely an action anime, simply that it doesn't excuses it being poorly done. It's not about realism, but consistency. Human characters being presented having human limitations, but that are then forgotten when it's convenient (even as if it should be something to be expected--which is kinda offensive), without a logical explanation being provided (which doesn't have to be 100% logical--just the more, the better).

I already told you about "training".

5.The Japanese man was of small stature. They could've weighed the same or mostly, with a 10kg difference at most.
His big hands helped, obviously. The clothes facilitate grabbing, which what I just mentioned would also.
He barely struggled.
Yes, the arms are the most objective part.
If the arms weren't stretched for obviously the reason of being too difficult, then what could expect is as shown in the video. No reason not to, as it'd not prevent the strangling. So you're bringing unnecessary steps (for the sake of your argument).

8. You can think whatever.
It's obvious, and was made the most obvious by the fact that the boss said it so himself (you might've forgotten). He having shown a face of disgust, while the contrast between them being clear would be enough to tell a story.

So you're trying to make something simple appear complicated or is it really complicated for you to understand? They go to get the body, like an hour after, observe the house and find out he's alive and yes, let him be, and threat him later.
You're comparing the kidnap which'd be easily made not possible to prove, in the first place, and the rape that could've been made so it was also not possible to prove, vs. killing two persons. *Sigh* It should've been obvious which would potentially be most troublesome for the boss. Even though (when it was convenient for your argument), you mentioned that it'd be troublesome, as the family members would miss them. But this time it'd be forever, not like a day, which they'd barely notice.

"goes around raping people". Yeah... Obvious why you're making it sound like this. *yawns* *chuckles* The way you put it implies that he goes to bathrooms and rapes anyone he finds, lol. If he's been doing it for some time, think that it must've been because he was being successful with it. (How am I sounding now, oh my.) Imagine that he hadn't been having been denounced.
Well, you realize you're criticizing me by accusing me of making conjectures, when you're being forced to do what you'd consider the same, right?

You assumed that they'd constantly threaten him, what. This is just...

Context, you stupid person. Do you really think you can get away with putting it the way you do? Do you really think you're dealing with...someone like you? *Ahem*
Risks. Prioritizing own life. Expecting and keeping appearance.

It's your problem whether you'd have wanted more of him to be shown. Again, I mentioned the reunion and how he behaved well, there. Now imagine if he had been arrogant towards the other bosses, the two times they were shown together. Pretty flawed, wouldn't we logically think he is? Unless he was at the top of them all, somehow.

"edginess" is a buzzword. (Although I used "wilder" just like it.) He's egocentric. And if someone like that is in a position of power like this, and that is much less restrictive than normally, you know.

Although I could continue arguing with you, I believe I should do the mature thing and stop. I've been telling this has been being pointless, while just continuing. So yeah, reply with...practically everything you've already replied with.

So the minor flaws were:
*Possibly the boss' height.
*Stretched-arms strangling.
*"laziness" in not writing more.

Anyway.
removed-userNov 5, 2017 1:27 AM
Nov 5, 2017 1:37 AM
Dec 2015
l2azor said:
love it. fan service done right . I miss hiro already

Don't worry, starting next episode, it's Hiro time until the end.

I didn't particularly like this episode because of the fast pacing but I appreciate it since it's just filler to me. And I like Hiro more so I'm glad we are focusing on him now, he has the most interesting development in the whole series that I wanna see animated already.
Nov 5, 2017 1:47 AM

Nov 2010
I really satisfied watching the badass old man destroyed the yakuza although it's pretty brutal this time.

Manjuudesu said:
Imfenion said:
Am I the only one who expected a "Bang" at the last scene? :D

I was bracing myself for that too. Thank goodness it didn't happen.

Same here. Really glad it ended well for the couple.
Nov 5, 2017 3:03 AM

Nov 2017
UnleashTheGoat said:
Irish_Chick said:
Hi

These are just the introductory episodes, the bigger plots coming later should assuage your worries a bit. From what I know of the manga, it becomes a lot more character-driven later on, which includes some pretty decent character development.

I hope so, I mean idm violence, even sexual violence if it serves the greater story or is justified and required by context, I love Berserk for example. However empty titillation is not my thing.

I hope it does go deeper than shock value, I will watch this space although I am in two minds about returning for the next ep.

TBH I think what berserk did better was establish the characters BEFORE the violence, that way we really cared from them and when violence happened it had a deeper more profound effect. Atm with lack of characterisation it just seems like torture porn to randoms - titillation without emotional investment. I think this is why ppl are arguing that though the show may be rated Mature, it is coming across quite immature.
Nov 5, 2017 3:17 AM

Dec 2015
Rehls said:
pcf2 said:

2/3 No, he's still mostly realistic, probable, except for his height (which is of least significance). Bad personality isn't uncommon and he was behaving more wildly in his "leisure time". When people are comfortable they loosen themselves more.
Nope. And I didn't lose reasoning. It's been always about people under him, be those working for him or not. And for the sake of your argument you're exaggerating, saying that he actively rapes everyone, when the time he did with the guy, it was due the guy's mistake.
4. Lazy writing could be. Common sense isn't always reliable. Due to her personality, she was more concerned about finding whether the fiance was alive, as due to his importance to her, practically life wouldn't be worth living anyway, to her, without him. (Her concern for him demonstrated when she woke up in the bed.) And again, no, it'd not necessarily have helped her, but actually screwed her life more, if she had caused trouble to the Yakuza. Police wouldn't save her or anyone close to her from being shot in a street corner, which'd serve as example.
Someone was hungry. They had phone and money at home. Later, they appear well-fed. Oh they couldn't have ordered a pizza, huh? But it's not like I'm saying that it's not pointless to argue over this sh*t.
I suppose I shouldn't call you for the word I was gonna, but so: your intelligence was lacking (what a surprise). Because he's not bullet-proof.

I didn't say it's entirely an action anime, simply that it doesn't excuses it being poorly done. It's not about realism, but consistency. Human characters being presented having human limitations, but that are then forgotten when it's convenient (even as if it should be something to be expected--which is kinda offensive), without a logical explanation being provided (which doesn't have to be 100% logical--just the more, the better).

I already told you about "training".

5.The Japanese man was of small stature. They could've weighed the same or mostly, with a 10kg difference at most.
His big hands helped, obviously. The clothes facilitate grabbing, which what I just mentioned would also.
He barely struggled.
Yes, the arms are the most objective part.
If the arms weren't stretched for obviously the reason of being too difficult, then what could expect is as shown in the video. No reason not to, as it'd not prevent the strangling. So you're bringing unnecessary steps (for the sake of your argument).

8. You can think whatever.
It's obvious, and was made the most obvious by the fact that the boss said it so himself (you might've forgotten). He having shown a face of disgust, while the contrast between them being clear would be enough to tell a story.

So you're trying to make something simple appear complicated or is it really complicated for you to understand? They go to get the body, like an hour after, observe the house and find out he's alive and yes, let him be, and threat him later.
You're comparing the kidnap which'd be easily made not possible to prove, in the first place, and the rape that could've been made so it was also not possible to prove, vs. killing two persons. *Sigh* It should've been obvious which would potentially be most troublesome for the boss. Even though (when it was convenient for your argument), you mentioned that it'd be troublesome, as the family members would miss them. But this time it'd be forever, not like a day, which they'd barely notice.

"goes around raping people". Yeah... Obvious why you're making it sound like this. *yawns* *chuckles* The way you put it implies that he goes to bathrooms and rapes anyone he finds, lol. If he's been doing it for some time, think that it must've been because he was being successful with it. (How am I sounding now, oh my.) Imagine that he hadn't been having been denounced.
Well, you realize you're criticizing me by accusing me of making conjectures, when you're being forced to do what you'd consider the same, right?

You assumed that they'd constantly threaten him, what. This is just...

Context, you stupid person. Do you really think you can get away with putting it the way you do? Do you really think you're dealing with...someone like you? *Ahem*
Risks. Prioritizing own life. Expecting and keeping appearance.

It's your problem whether you'd have wanted more of him to be shown. Again, I mentioned the reunion and how he behaved well, there. Now imagine if he had been arrogant towards the other bosses, the two times they were shown together. Pretty flawed, wouldn't we logically think he is? Unless he was at the top of them all, somehow.

"edginess" is a buzzword. (Although I used "wilder" just like it.) He's egocentric. And if someone like that is in a position of power like this, and that is much less restrictive than normally, you know.

Although I could continue arguing with you, I believe I should do the mature thing and stop. I've been telling this has been being pointless, while just continuing. So yeah, reply with...practically everything you've already replied with.

So the minor flaws were:
*Possibly the boss' height.
*Stretched-arms strangling.
*"laziness" in not writing more.

Anyway.

im going to move on because you do not seem to understand im beating a dead horse maybe you need to watch more anime, or just better shows in general. if you think the yakuza boss isnt one dimentional, then clearly i can't help you.
(i did notice you didnt take me up on my challenge lol but thats okay)
good luck
Nov 5, 2017 4:59 AM
Jul 2018
great episode. *O* Inuyashiki is fantastic. :D
Nov 5, 2017 5:23 AM
Aug 2017
I did not expect him to be so brutal in his punishment... He paralyzed the yakuza and blinded them for the rest of their lives? That was absolutely not what I expected.

Old man Inuyashiki is now my favourite, most badass superhero ever.
Nov 5, 2017 9:28 AM
May 2016
What I don't understand is why the sociopathic kid has already mastered his powers (and doesn't have to take off his shirt to use them) but Inuyashiki hasn't. Is there something about the fact that he only wants to do good that is preventing him from mastering deadly abilities?
Nov 5, 2017 10:04 AM

Nov 2015
LMA said:
What I don't understand is why the sociopathic kid has already mastered his powers (and doesn't have to take off his shirt to use them) but Inuyashiki hasn't. Is there something about the fact that he only wants to do good that is preventing him from mastering deadly abilities?

Because hiro is a teenage and Inuyashiki is an old man.

Give a teenager a new cell phone without instructions and give an old man the same phone. Guess who will figure out the technology better? The younger generation.

My grandpa still ask me all the time to teach him how to use a computer when I learned how to use it by myself at a young age.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Nov 5, 2017 11:09 AM

Jun 2015
Man, this episode sucked.
Get it?
Hehe...yeah, I'll just shut up now...
Nov 5, 2017 12:44 PM
Jul 2013
im still watching but the scene in the beginning where the girl sees who the other girl's boyfriend is has me dying laughing. cus like, honestly same

"can't i bring ppl back from the dead" lmaooo he wants to be jesus so bad

omg he actually brings him back to life.... ok logic werk i guess

ok inuyashiki is rly starting to annoy me, he's too goody goody, there's no balance. it's just not realistic, especially for someone who lived the life he did before he was all android. he said something rly interesting, that he wanted to eradicate all evil ppl in the world, so i was hoping he'd kill the yakuza. he didn't so i'm disappointed even though blinding + crippling them was pretty good. idk i just want him to gain some fuckin character lol, like we get it, he's a bleeding heart but what else? there's gotta be more to him. also the fact all his personal life problems that we saw in the beginning have all seemed to literally disappear since the robo incident is so lazy.... w/e.... i actually missed hiro not being in this epi. he's just as extreme as inuyashiki but at least he brings the one piece references
gigolettesNov 5, 2017 1:28 PM
Nov 5, 2017 1:17 PM
Restless One

Apr 2016
Grandpa justice hell yeah!

But yeah can you imagine if there was a Bang! at the end? I am glad they were ok but imagine if Hiro was following them all along and just waited for the end to completely crush our souls. Now that would bring the episode on another level :D
I was kinda afraid they might pull something like that. There was all the slowmo and I was like "Oh don´t you dare you motherf..."
HydallanNov 5, 2017 1:28 PM
I witnessed a loli spill from a cartridge and somehow retained my sanity.
Nov 5, 2017 4:38 PM

Mar 2017
Whilst I felt it was predictable and often over the top, just for the sake of it, I still really enjoyed the episode. So much happened in 20mins and it was indeed satisfying.

Although Inuyashiki crippling and blinding all of the Yakuza did not seem like the actions of a 'good guy'. He knew nothing about them other than their involvement in the syndicate.
Nov 5, 2017 5:24 PM

Oct 2015
Hmm, didn't Gantz also have that dick sucking punishment? or did I read it from the manga and forgot lol. Author seems to like that huh. Lol nevermind, I read this part before. my memories of the manga are really vague
EGOISTNov 5, 2017 5:36 PM
Nov 5, 2017 6:24 PM

Apr 2015
Irish_Chick said:
Hi

Don't worry, this is the only time you will see any sexual content in this anime. The anime doesn't focus on that kind of stuffs. Unless they go original I assure you that there won't be any episode like this anymore.

I think the mangaka just wanted to express what he thinks of people who do that kind of acts and what kind of punishment they deserve without the need of killing them. At least that's my conclusion.
Nov 5, 2017 6:33 PM

Apr 2015
bingstar85 said:
Whilst I felt it was predictable and often over the top, just for the sake of it, I still really enjoyed the episode. So much happened in 20mins and it was indeed satisfying.

Although Inuyashiki crippling and blinding all of the Yakuza did not seem like the actions of a 'good guy'. He knew nothing about them other than their involvement in the syndicate.

Oh trust me. He might not know much about them. But is not really hard to conclude that people who accept a Yakuza who rapes and kill girls are no good people. The scale go way lower to bad than good part. And yes, you might be right but the wrong part of it was not actually exploring what kind of acts they did just like Inuyashiki did before with the kids, he could just hack some system when he got there just by seeing his faces and investigate any corrupt situation, that's what the anime and manga lacked here. Then the crippling and blinding would have been 100% justified. But without it, is just halft justified just because they help a bastard guy do that kind of acts to stay unpunished.
Nov 5, 2017 8:10 PM

Mar 2017
Veromaye said:
bingstar85 said:

Oh trust me. He might not know much about them. But is not really hard to conclude that people who accept a Yakuza who rapes and kill girls are no good people. The scale go way lower to bad than good part. And yes, you might be right but the wrong part of it was not actually exploring what kind of acts they did just like Inuyashiki did before with the kids, he could just hack some system when he got there just by seeing his faces and investigate any corrupt situation, that's what the anime and manga lacked here. Then the crippling and blinding would have been 100% justified. But without it, is just halft justified just because they help a bastard guy do that kind of acts to stay unpunished.

Good points dude, no doubt the Yakuza are scum. But like you said, if we knew a little bit more about their specific history, then giving them ALL such a savage fate would have been a lot more justified.
Nov 5, 2017 8:57 PM

Oct 2010
It's satisfying for a couple of seconds until you realize that in the end it's just standard thug-beating. Moreover, it's a completely one-sided beatdown with undestructable machine lifeform vs kids with guns. And thug beating isn't really my thing.

But moving on to a more important topic - Inuyashiki has a smokin' hot daughter.
Nov 5, 2017 10:24 PM

Jan 2014
Always satisfying when the underdog is the strong motherfucker. The dude was talking all tough but like, if you got an old man who won't die to all your bullets, why would you threaten him as oppose to being afraid of him? Anyhow, goddamn he went absolute HAM on those fuckers.
Nov 6, 2017 9:13 AM
Oct 2017
È um bom anime, recomendo!!
Nov 6, 2017 12:43 PM

Apr 2015
@AnAnimeMushroom

What are you even saying? I only tried to explain the other guy that he believes that the kind of punishment he did was too much because Ichiro DIDN'T knew anything about the other guys in the meeting to be punished like that. And that's what my comment was aiming for, trying to explain and make a point about what lacked there. Because even in the manga, there was no real reason of punishment to those guys beside the Yakuza and the others who help him and try to kill Ichiro.

By the way, even in the manga he says that he didn't do that conscious or he actually wanted to cripple them forever, but it was more a mechanism that his machine counterpart found to punish them without killing them.

You went too down the subject.
Nov 6, 2017 2:04 PM

Sep 2016
Dude flinging his junk around is ok but no nipples?

The yakuza sounded like Kiryu Kazuma. I wonder if it's the same seiyuu.
TheSmilingShoujoNov 6, 2017 2:08 PM
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Nov 6, 2017 2:12 PM

Apr 2015
@AnAnimeMushroom

Sorry, I won't be replying too much of what you're telling me just because I never tried to make a discussion or anything. I just made a small analysis of what I thought. I loved the manga and I was trying to explain or at least guide the other person about what he was questioning.

So here's my point:

That's it. In the anime is portrayed VERY different. Like he DID intended to do this, and that's wrong. He just said what he said because that's what he can conclude from it. It never passed through Inuyashiki "human" head to punish them like that.
And that's why my other comment, the manga and the anime lacked of a reason to actually make the suit guys crippled and blind. We don't know what they did to deserve that besides be working with a Yakuza and Inuyashiki vague words.
VeromayeNov 6, 2017 2:17 PM
Nov 6, 2017 3:17 PM

Apr 2015
@AnAnimeMushroom

Ahhh ok, I get it now. But actually I was not criticizing this, I was exposing my point of view based on his actions, for me at least in the manga it doesn't look like he DID wanted to punish them like that, he believes he had no right to do it but regardless it's a way they will learn from their actions.
I was just giving a brief explanation to the guy who said 'crippling them was too much'. And as I said, we DON'T know what they did, but as I can conclude they probably knew that Yakuza actions and they did nothing and probably helped him achieve a lot of stuffs, so it can be 100% justified.

Thanks for taking your time to explain aspects that I lacked to see!
Nov 6, 2017 3:43 PM

Jul 2017
I'm glad to see so much heated discussion about this anime. Every episode so far has struck me hard and left me actively thinking about and analyzing it, so the wealth of emotion and opinion, positive or negative, presented here is validating. I started watching Inuyashiki as part of a weekly anime club I attend, so I don't have much choice as to whether I watch it or not and I think that skews my opinion a bit. (Yes, I could leave the room while it plays or ask them not to show it, but this anime is good enough that despite my discomfort at times, it's been worthwhile.) If I were watching on my own, I probably would have dropped it after the second episode. I have experienced enough real-world suffering, pain, horror, and terror that I don't enjoy spending my free time adding fake scenarios to the real memories that already plague me. But because I am watching as part of a group and because the anime has such an interesting premise and dynamic, I have actually, after lengthy pondering of each episode so far, found all the violence to be justified in that it has provided an adequately deep foil for the superpowers of both our main protagonist and main antagonist.

About this episode in particular, I read the entire thread here and found most people's opinions, even when they are opposite, have great justification and I actually agree with most of them. I think this episode could have been dropped from the show without losing any major contribution to the overall story or character development, but I also believe it was a really satisfying episode to watch from the viewpoint of someone who simply wants justice to be served. Some things I've been thinking a lot about the episode that no one has touched much upon so far:

1) Despite the fact that the entire episode was centered around a man who kidnaps, drugs, and rapes women to death, the show was quite mature in its depiction of these heinous acts. So many anime resort to near-hentai depictions of female victims, cutting to a close-up of jiggling boobs or perfect asses as the women scream or run, showing them to be utterly helpless and pathetic, lingering on their wails of despair and cries for mercy, etc., etc. They so easily could have done that here, they could have gone down the typical anime path and served this violence with a hearty helping of rape-fetish fanservice. But they didn't! Although rape is one of the most tough topics for me to sit through in any form of entertainment media, I felt wave after wave of relief as I saw the more realistic depiction of these events. It wasn't glorified, it wasn't sexy, the first girl they showed was simply dead (they could have had her in some sexual position, or covered in some obvious substance, but the animation team gave this nameless character more respect than that) and the second girl fought like a fucking beast once she realized what her situation was--despite the fact that she was completely naked, lost, and clearly overpowered--just as I or (I hope) any other person in that situation would do.

2) In the same vein as above, I really appreciate the breath of fresh air presented by this episode when it came to depicting sexual violence. Showing women being attacked is so common that most viewers don't even think about it, they just accept it as the way rape and other sexual violence is depicted. But this episode never actually showed any sexual acts involving the women, not even a forced kiss, face lick, butt grab, nothing. The only instance was the sauna blowjob between two men, which clearly disturbed, shocked, or at least surprised most viewers (there was definitely a big wave of WTF?! and nervous laughter through our club room when people realized what they were seeing). This is so refreshing to me. If such extreme violence as Inuyashiki is presenting must be included, at least let it be like this. At least construct it in such a way as to give the audience pause, maybe even cause them to stop and think. About what they think is up to the viewer, I just like that such a little, otherwise insignificant scene can cause such a huge uproar.

3) I haven't read any of the source material for Inuyashiki so I've been forming my opinions on the characters and the overall point of the story based on the anime alone. With only 4 episodes out, I've still got a great deal of ideas and really feel this could turn out to be an anime one could write a thesis on. The deep, deep themes of existence, life and death, rebirth, what it means to be human, what it means to care about others, the frustration of not being able to save a life, the heady power to extinguish others without restraint, we're only this far in and these things are what I find myself thinking about as I fall asleep on nights after club meetings (and sometimes for several nights more). What this episode added to those swirling, endless thoughts was an expansion to something I started thinking about with episode 2. Inuyashiki versus Shishigami. Both were killed and then rebuilt with incredible alien technology and yet their reactions couldn't be more different. Inuyashiki is old, was facing death, felt emotionally starved, didn't have any real place in the world, he was just passing through, whether he liked it or not. Shishigami, on the other hand, is very young, in the midst of that teenage I-am-indestructible-and-infallible phase (and now he truly is!), has friends, confidence, enjoys his life, he seems to know what he wants and isn't afraid to get it (or do it). These stark contrasts are the reason that although both characters are searching for validation of their humanity, they go about it in the most opposite ways possible. One by saving lives, the other by taking them. So, what episode 4 added to that for me was really personal. It made me realize I'm right in the middle of these two characters, when it comes to gut reaction and philosophy. I suppose it makes sense, since my real age at the time of writing this is pretty much smack dab in the middle of these opposing characters'. While I'm not as heartless and selfish as Shishigami, I'm also not nearly as clever and generous as Inuyashiki. You see, if I were in Inuyashiki's position at the end of this episode, I would have used my powers to simply kill every yakuza present and also to research, find, and kill any remaining evil-doers related to the main bunch. That is my gut reaction. I was absolutely moved by Inuyashiki's approach. He doesn't kill anyone, he doesn't take life. But he is not afraid to punish, he was able to think of a far better punishment than I was. After all, killing these people is not punishment, it's simply the eradication of a source of suffering for society. Inuyashiki is like the kind of god I wish really existed. One who is benevolent, generous, and humble, but completely unforgiving in the face of evil. I'm not young, but I'm not old enough to be so wise...or exacting...
.。。・:*:・゚☆~★*{The Active Otaku Mika}*★~☆・゚:*:・。。.
Nov 6, 2017 5:43 PM

Mar 2014
This episode was good, the pacing felt right... but damn... those CGI shots just looked terrible!
Especially when you compare them to the manga's incredible sequential two-page spreads, it's really a shame they chose those scenes as the place to cut corners...

Here's hoping the Blu-Ray will have some nice hand-drawn sakuga to replace it, but I guess I won't hold my breath.
::End of Transmission::

Nov 6, 2017 9:32 PM

Oct 2007
To all the people who think the end worked out well...HOW!? Let's go back to the part where yakuza said he'd rape Yumino over and over, shoot her up with drugs, and show her heaven. Now go back to the beginning, girl A dead on overdose. So working it out, she must have been raped over and over already. I assume then that Yumino's been through that and was in the midst of despair as grandpa walked in to save her. My gawd, this episode boils my blood. Hits really close to home because I'm newlywed. This is going to make me push some ridiculous amount of steel at the gym as I replay the ugly bastard scenes in my head. Nothing like hatred and anger for a pre-workout.
Nov 6, 2017 10:07 PM

Jan 2013
Well...i don't even know where to start after this.
This episode was very dark (like the previous ones), but i'm glad that it ended well!
Old grandpa saving the day!
Can't believe that guy used to kidnap girls like that and do what he wanted, glad that someone stopped him.
I had so much pleasure watching him "killing" all of them! The way that they introduce/develop the story of the character and present it to us is great but it's very sad and dark, like...the stories are so real and very emotional.
That ending was so happy!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 6, 2017 11:28 PM
Aug 2016
This episode would have been much more effective if it came at the start of the show. It does a great job at presenting the crushingly dour setting along with some of the misanthropic themes that will later be explored in greater depth, all while presenting a decent story, but the problem is this show has already moved on from establishing its ideas and moved into exploring them. The main conflict now is between the different ways Ichirou and Hiro react to and utilize their near-unstoppable powers, and this fourth episode does little to expand on either of these characters' beliefs and worldviews. If anything, we learn that Ichirou has become more competent at using his powers, but any episode after this will do a fine job at establishing that.

I admit I am a fan of beginning a story in medias res (I'm probably one of the like 10 people who actually really liked Gungrave's first episode) so my opinion is admittedly biased, but I definitely think that any rewatch of this show would be augmented by watching episode 4 first. Of course, that infers that the show is worth rewatching, and I am certainly not decided on that yet.
Nov 7, 2017 2:47 AM

Sep 2016
It turns out that Samejima was indeed voiced by Kuroda Takaya, the guy who voice Kiryu Kazuma in Yakuza series! I knew it was him! :D

Excited, I watched the episode again. Man, it feels good at the end. That's real justice delivered!

Feel so glad to see the couple safe.
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Nov 7, 2017 10:09 AM

Jul 2012
Wow... I got chills. I really respect the MC, he's a true hero. He's using his power for good.
Nov 8, 2017 8:18 AM

Mar 2014
fucking hell this episode was a trip
Nov 8, 2017 12:18 PM

Jan 2013
Wasn't a fan of that CGI used in the fighting scenes...
Nov 8, 2017 12:34 PM

Mar 2015
TheSmilingShoujo said:
It turns out that Samejima was indeed voiced by Kuroda Takaya, the guy who voice Kiryu Kazuma in Yakuza series! I knew it was him! :D

Kinda dark irony in that character, similar to him, majority of which are beaten by Dragon of Dojima, are have a same voice as him.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2017

183 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 1, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2017

215 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 1, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2017

382 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 1, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

393 by reveluvie0 »»
Apr 21, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

159 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 17, 9:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.