Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 31, 2017 6:55 AM

Apr 2015
Shoujo-Ai, because it features such risqué and lewd features like...holding hands.

I don't mind straight stuff, and I don't mind shounen-ai. I just don't actively seek those two out, compared to Shoujo-Ai.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Oct 31, 2017 7:30 AM

Dec 2016
My favourite is shounen ai but I also like straight and shoujo ai.
Oct 31, 2017 12:18 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
harshtruth said:
Anything other than straight is an abomination

True that. I will prefer straight romance because fuck shojo ai and shounen ai (they were both terrible mistakes).
Oct 31, 2017 12:21 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
-Melancholy- said:
Shoujo Ai and Shounen AI equally.

Straight stuff (with exceptions) is cringy.

How is straight stuff cringy? Its way better than the other two.
Oct 31, 2017 12:22 PM

Jun 2014
StrangerMist said:
-Melancholy- said:

That's only your opinion.

Not everyone are into straight romance.

Oct 31, 2017 12:24 PM
Oct 2016
Shoujo-ai is love , 'cause nothing is purer than love between girls
Oct 31, 2017 5:49 PM

Mar 2017
StrangerMist said:
-Melancholy- said:

Don't bother me. I don't care about your opinion, because like everyone else, everyone has one. I have mine, you have yours. Thanks.
-Melancholy-Oct 31, 2017 5:53 PM

CURRENT OTPS - Kaito Kid x Shinichi Kudou
CURRENT OBSESSION - Detective Conan
CURRENTLY PLAYING - Spyro | Crash Bandicoot
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO - WRLD: By Design
CURRENT HUSBAND - Kaitou Kid
Oct 31, 2017 10:51 PM
Jul 2018
As long as the relationship is good. If the relationship in the series sucks butt I’m not gonna want to watch it.
Oct 31, 2017 10:55 PM

Mar 2017
I’m open to all of them, but I prefer straight (if the MC isn’t miserable) and shoujo-ai (I like girls lol). I can watch shounen-ain if the characters aren’t downright depressing or horny.
Nov 1, 2017 6:34 PM
Jul 2018
I like all. I like shoujo ai the most though.

StrangerMist said:

True that. I will prefer straight romance because fuck shojo ai and shounen ai (they were both terrible mistakes).

Why do you say this? I checked your list and couldn't find any shoujo-ai or shounen-ai that were bad. I understand not liking the genre bc of bad misrepresentation. Are you just not a fan of the gayz?
Nov 1, 2017 6:50 PM

Jul 2016
I actually like all three of those things.
Nov 1, 2017 6:53 PM
Oct 2016
Shoujo-Ai. The othe rtwo I'm alright with, but enjoy reading Shoujo-Ai alot.
Cerco un centro di gravita permanente. Che non mi faccia mai cambiare idea sulle cose sulla gente. Avrei bisogno di...
Nov 1, 2017 6:57 PM

Dec 2016
I really enjoy shoujo-ai the most out of the three.
I don't mind straight romance either, but shounen-ai never looks all that appealing to me personally...

I'm also gay so maybe that has something to do with it? dunno
Nov 1, 2017 7:13 PM

Nov 2008
vinroy11 said:
Straight, because most gay or lesbo anime tend to be EXTREMELY bad

This.

I am able to like shounen-ai but it's normally subtext at most. It's very hard to find a shounen-ai with a CANON ship that's actually well-written. >_>

Nov 1, 2017 7:15 PM

Jun 2017
I like all 3 of them to be honest, I don't discriminate. (;

but If I had to narrow it to one then I'll go with Shounen AI.
Nov 2, 2017 8:56 AM

Aug 2015
Straight. Shounen-ai is okay, shoujo-ai makes me uncomfortable.

❝ falling sick on a journey
my dream wanders around
fields of dry grass. ❞
()
Nov 2, 2017 9:16 AM
Feb 2017
I've only watched straight romances because they're way more prevalent, not because I'm actively avoiding other types. I'll watch anything that's good, regardless of kind of gender pairing is going on. All I care about is a good story, and I'm secure with my sexuality no to be "offended" by other representations.
Nov 2, 2017 9:53 AM

Sep 2017
i prefer shoujo ai or yuri though i don't mind other kinds of romance if it is well written
Nov 2, 2017 12:01 PM

Oct 2017
I enjoy them all!
Of course being a fudanshi, I have a slight bias and enjoy shounen-ai/yaoi above the others but that definitely doesn't mean I'll turn my nose up at the them.
"Never underestimate bread rolls!"
Nov 2, 2017 12:05 PM

Feb 2016
Everything tbh.
I love to read or watch a good Shoujo Ai - but Shounen Ai as well. Well unfortunately there are not that many 'good' Shounen Ai anime. Yet there are quite some enjoyable manga/novels - so both is fine I guess?
Nov 2, 2017 12:29 PM

Jul 2015
I don't really like romance at all, but if it's well written or a friendship/bromance thing then I have no problems with it. As for non-canon such as doujins/fanfics etc, I only look for male-male stuff.
Nov 3, 2018 12:19 PM
Aug 2018
In my opinion I am not a huge fun of any of the romance genre, whether if it’s Straight, Gay, Lesbian, I don’t like them because the most I’ve analyzed are forced romances and have no natural development what so ever. Consider the fact that I don’t like them doesn’t mean that there isn’t any that I didnt enjoy, because there are three that I really love: Rin Daughters of Mnemosyne (Yuri), Mo Dao Zu Shi (Shounen-Ai), and Chobits (Manga). Now two of the anime I listed aren’t typical Shoujo Ai and Shounen Ai shows, but it is very prevalent in their respective shows, and ties together with the plot. Another reason why I like those shows a lot is because It doesn’t throw the homosexuality in your face like Citrus and Super Lovers do (best examples of why I despise the genre). If you enjoy those kind of shows I’m not gonna judge you, I’m just giving my opinion on the matter.
GrandassassinNov 3, 2018 7:12 PM
Nov 3, 2018 12:22 PM

Mar 2017
shoujo-ai with an overdose of hentai please
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 3, 2018 12:23 PM

Oct 2017
Sounds like you're lesbian not gay.

Also usually straight guys like lesbians too.
Straight girls like gays.

Nov 3, 2018 12:24 PM

Jul 2015
Whatever as long as there's romance.

It's better this way.
A little lonelier,
but better.

delivery x last.fm
Nov 3, 2018 12:26 PM

Apr 2017
harshtruth said:

Hmm, would modern day harshie say this?
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Nov 3, 2018 12:26 PM

Oct 2017
ehhhh shoujo ai and straight, not really into romance right now tho
Nov 3, 2018 12:39 PM

Oct 2016
I would say shounen-ai since I love gay romance and other boys but most anime about the topic are really shitty. There are some decent yuris and awesome straight romances- I feel like there's a serious lack on good yaoi in this medium.
Nov 3, 2018 1:34 PM
Feb 2012
Japan for the most part doesn't get any of these right
Nov 3, 2018 1:36 PM

Oct 2018
One cannot exist without the others, the only way to be peaceful is to reunite all three into one good romance anime.

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Nov 3, 2018 1:43 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Aster- said:
harshtruth said:

He’a actually right though

Straight >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shoujo-ai/shounen-ai
Nov 3, 2018 1:50 PM
Jul 2018
All of them. Either I love their chemistry or not.
I'm open to almost everything non-loli/shotacon/furry.
Even to a handful of polyships. Still, it's just a weird and kinda repulsive (for me and my life personally!) concept to me, but something like Shinsekai Yori was it worth it.
I also had a hard time at first to get into love-triangles and ... circles, but I must accept them, if I want to watch it. Now I like some anime with really "tiring" love-drama, but still, I would always prefer a cute non-triangle-monogamous ship everywhere else, or at least, I don't wish for it, because still... don't like really.
Nov 3, 2018 1:53 PM

Feb 2018
As long as the characters aren't mainly in a school setting, I'm fine with all of them. I don't mind school-aged kids falling in love, but I just find school to be a boring place to do romance in.
Nov 3, 2018 1:54 PM

Oct 2008
Shounen-ai (because I find them cute and I am a girl that likes guy characters the most) or Straight (if I like the girl. If she is annoying then nah.)

I don't care for Shoujo-ai.
Nov 3, 2018 1:55 PM

Jun 2014
DepravedMagi said:
Aster- said:

He’a actually right though

Straight >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shoujo-ai/shounen-ai

What?

How could you say that, while having such a hot guy in your avatar? Wouldn't you like to see him in a relationship with another guy?

Nov 3, 2018 1:59 PM

Jan 2016
Generally straight since I find I usually have problems with how shounen-ai and shoujo-ai romances are portrayed. But a well done romance of any sexuality can be very engaging
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Nov 3, 2018 2:09 PM

Nov 2017
_Ako_ said:
Basically you're asking which one is preferable: Yuri, Yaoi or straight?

It all depends in the user fam, without going too deep we can always assume that female = yaoi/straight

male = yuri/straight

I have to disagree.
I am a female and I like all of this genres. And I'm straight.
If you are reading this I hope something good happens to you today! :3
Nov 3, 2018 3:50 PM
Jul 2018
I like them all, but prefer shoujo-ai the most.
Nov 3, 2018 4:02 PM
Apr 2018
Genette400 said:
This topic has probably been done to death, but I still am curious about your preference. I personally prefer shoujo-ai because I'm gay. I really dislike most shounen-ai's. What about you?

Yuri and ecchi harem

Because I’m a darling of taste
Nov 3, 2018 7:47 PM

Jul 2017
Mostly shoujo-ai is what I prefer..
Nov 3, 2018 8:37 PM
Feb 2017
Anything but straight trash...Well I really only read doujins for my shounen-ai and shoujo-ai content so I guess i'm a bad source. But jesus I can't stand most straight romance...The annoying, stupid, and clumsy female MCs who oh soooo badly needs their dream guy. Ugh makes me sick.
Nov 3, 2018 8:47 PM
Jan 2012
Mostly straight. Shounen-ai and Shoujo-ai are such niche genres that most series involving it just stick to the basics, and most of them just portray gay relationships as some kind of kink instead of a lifestyle.

Were it not for that, I wouldn't actually care, as long as the story is written well then I could care less what the genders are. Straight romances are just less likely to be pandered to a specific demographic.
Nov 3, 2018 11:22 PM

Mar 2012
HomuraSayaka777 said:
Anything but straight trash...Well I really only read doujins for my shounen-ai and shoujo-ai content so I guess i'm a bad source. But jesus I can't stand most straight romance...The annoying, stupid, and clumsy female MCs who oh soooo badly needs their dream guy. Ugh makes me sick.
So basically a uke who seems weaker and gets molested, raped and abused and doesn't even try to put up any resistance is better than those girls?
Nov 3, 2018 11:33 PM

Dec 2015
Yuri is the only one that matters. Every other romance is irrelevant.

Jk straight and yaoi are okay

Nov 3, 2018 11:33 PM
Aug 2018
I prefer Shounen-ai. I don't have any experience watching shoujo-ai and straight bored me
Nov 4, 2018 4:34 AM
Feb 2017
Maou_heika said:
HomuraSayaka777 said:
So basically a uke who seems weaker and gets molested, raped and abused and doesn't even try to put up any resistance is better than those girls?

Not all shounen-ai is abusive. I no where near support that content. But I’m not about to argue with you. Obviously you have a set opinion so there’s no point.
Nov 4, 2018 5:23 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Can watch everything.

But I avoid usually shounen-ai and yaoi. As that's not my preference. (but seen some and some are in the list to watch)

I do enjoy seeing some lesbian action, so yeah. Shoujo-Ai and Yuri is cute often.

And straight I enjoy the most. Love blissful vannilla romance that is faithful and ever lasting.
Nov 4, 2018 6:11 AM

Mar 2012
HomuraSayaka777 said:
Maou_heika said:

Not all shounen-ai is abusive. I no where near support that content. But I’m not about to argue with you. Obviously you have a set opinion so there’s no point.
Well, not all female characters in romance anime are like what you describe either.
Nov 4, 2018 6:34 AM
Feb 2017
Maou_heika said:
HomuraSayaka777 said:

Well, not all female characters in romance anime are like what you describe either.

That’s accurate. I have enjoyed a few straight romance anime; Millenium actress, Nisekoi (manga was decent), My Little Monster was pretty good too. I was generalizing and that’s my mistake. 👍🏻
Nov 4, 2018 8:31 AM

Jul 2017
I obviously prefer straight no matter what but I have nothing against Shoujo-Ai/Yuri (only in fiction though, not in real life) and would like to watch a few that aren't steamy or boring.

Shounen-ai/Yaoi is a big no-no for me. No matter what, I just can't bring myself to like it. I have a huge disliking towards it. I find guy x guy making out disgusting.

(But I still won't approve same gender couples in real life. I won't bash you guys if you do it but I still won't approve it.)
Mikura39Nov 4, 2018 8:47 AM

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

216 by Coaghim »»
8 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

33 by FanofAction »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 2 hours ago

7 by BitChilly »»
19 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - 7 hours ago

24 by Coaghim »»
19 minutes ago

» Favorite characters you think are Sadist, Masochist, or Switch

IpreferEcchi - 9 hours ago

5 by Otakupervert890 »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.