Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 28, 2017 5:23 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Goku vs Caulifla...
About time they had a proper fight and this time, she seems evently matched.

The fight itself is much better than their first one imo. Welp, Kale decided to join teh fight this episode too. However, this time she is actually able to control herself. For Goku, I think he's actually enjoying the fight. Goku in SSJ3 form though...been awhile since I've seen that.
Oct 28, 2017 5:27 PM

Apr 2017
What a nice episode! The animation was really on point this time.
Also, is it me or has Whis talked about Ultra Instinct Goku???

Also the preview is REALLY interesting.
But I hate what is gonna happen with Caulifla/Kale. lol
Oct 28, 2017 6:53 PM

Jul 2015
Fight was fine. Most people should understand that Goku struggling to fight them was only due to being out of stamina and power. I'm actually kinda mad at the preview. They are fusing with potaras as shown in the preview so wtf. Weren't the rules supposed to not allow items... well that gives possibility for Vegeto to show up once again and beat Jiren or something. I'd rather see Gogeta make a canon appearance (Love both fusions equal btw) or that Gokhan people keep speculating. Don't think Vegeta would want to fuse if he wasn't even cool with giving energy to the spirit bomb
ReguIusOct 28, 2017 6:59 PM
Oct 28, 2017 7:13 PM

Sep 2015
Did she really just gone to Broly Mode again just like that and gone berserk? thats just lame.

And Goku know Legendary Super Saiyan its fcking canon now Broly is CANON!
Into the Internet!
Oct 28, 2017 7:39 PM

Jan 2009
so i guess Caulifla will not go SSJ3 on her own but the fusion between her and Kale will be the one that will go SSJ3

but lol potara earings are allowed?
Oct 28, 2017 7:58 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Loved the episode, action from start to finish. Goku held his own in base vs a SSJ 2 and showed a few of his techniques. I laughed when Caulifla told Goku not to use them funny attacks lol.

The background OST that played around the part where Goku was SSJ 3 was simply beautiful, really fit the moment imo.

That preview, well looks like we're in for a treat. Question is will it be like last time with Vegito, time limit.

Oct 28, 2017 8:04 PM
Oct 2017
That moment when goku transformed to super saiyan 3 😲
Oct 28, 2017 8:04 PM
Dec 2011
This was an awesome episode!! It's been a while since we last saw Goku enter his SSJ3 form. I was under the impression the form consumed vasts amount of ki, not stamina. I could be wrong.

And that preview... it'll be the 1st time we'll see two female Saiyans fuse or just females in general. Or will Caulifa and Kale really fuse? If they do, it'll probably last roughly 5-20min, that's my guess.
Oct 28, 2017 8:18 PM

Feb 2017
Episode wasn't that bad. But the preview got me. Kale and Caulifa Potara Fusion? Kalifa? Caule? Wonder what name they'll call it. This actually creates a chance for Vegito to appear possibly.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Oct 28, 2017 8:40 PM

Jan 2016
Not bad, Goku is quite admirable. Even with all the fatigue, he still can keep up with two SSJs using the weaker forms. In fact, it was time for the SSJ3 to show up in this tournament :P

But the preview... I don't think we'll see that in detail for the next episode but we'll get another Potara Fusion, for the third time actually. That's going to be REALLY troublesome for Goku :O
THANKS SENPIEX
Oct 28, 2017 8:49 PM

Apr 2014
feels so good to see Caulifla and kale back in action such a great ep and then next ep we get fusion of the 2 am sooo hyped for next ep!
"one step at a time"
Oct 28, 2017 8:54 PM

Mar 2017
since the back tingly super saiyan and then going 2 the same way, I cant stand caulifla and the other annoying girl the name I cant remember.I cant get invested since nothing about them feels earned. caulifla spares with goku for 2 minutes and is already is ready for ss3 is just annoying. the fact that her growth always comes from nowhere robs every scene shes in of all tension
Oct 28, 2017 9:05 PM
Dec 2016
The next episode will answer the age old question, can Brolly be beaten by ss3, most likely, but find out next time on the next episode of Super.

One thing that is kind of annoying is that, Kale and Caulifa, some how get powered up form like 5 minutes of fighting, after all the training that the guys did and all the times they got the shit beaten out of them by Freiza, Cell and Buu. The two Universe 6 saiyans just get it in 5 minutes, I know it is to keep them relevant in the show, and for them to not get overwhelmed. But thats the point to show how strong goku and the guys actually are.

Because of those universe 6 saiyans, Kibito Kai stars to get scared, goku might be beaten, oh noo. Please, goku will never be beaten some random characters.
Oct 28, 2017 9:47 PM
Dec 2016
I loved the episode when Goku showed no weakness even when he was weak. And the annoying part was like [quote=nukerxero123]
When they went and mastered SSJ2 in like 5 mins bro, I mean , c'mon ik it looks so easy nowadays but SSJ2 showed us in DBZ how hard it is to master and go beyond an these annoying sidekicks be like they already mastered SSJ2 and going further beyond in next episode (feels like as if I'm seeing Gotenks episode in 114)
Oct 28, 2017 10:54 PM

Feb 2013
[quote=hartz_aboy message=52839022]I loved the episode when Goku showed no weakness even when he was weak. And the annoying part was like
nukerxero123 said:

When they went and mastered SSJ2 in like 5 mins bro, I mean , c'mon ik it looks so easy nowadays but SSJ2 showed us in DBZ how hard it is to master and go beyond an these annoying sidekicks be like they already mastered SSJ2 and going further beyond in next episode (feels like as if I'm seeing Gotenks episode in 114)

They didn't master SSJ2, Goku even said that Caulifla didn't master it (and Kale don't have it)
Oct 28, 2017 11:05 PM
Dec 2016
[quote=caio_ken message=52839418]
hartz_aboy said:
I loved the episode when Goku showed no weakness even when he was weak. And the annoying part was like
nukerxero123 said:

They didn't master SSJ2, Goku even said that Caulifla didn't master it (and Kale don't have it)

Wait what, I didn't say that look , at my message. That glitch, hahaha.
Oct 28, 2017 11:54 PM
Jan 2010
"so this is the fight between two super saiyan 2s" krillin on the surprise role never fails to deliver

also it was really funny how they suddenly decided to put value on goku's supposed "technique" when this show has been about nothing but power since ever
StardustReverieOct 28, 2017 11:57 PM
Oct 29, 2017 12:06 AM

Dec 2008
They expanding this to much, hope the tournament ends as fast as possible.
Oct 29, 2017 12:35 AM
Aug 2016
DAMN! I HAVEN'T SEEN OR HEARD ABOUT THE SSJ3 FORM SINCE THE MAJIN BUU SAGA. CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH IT IN ACTION AGAIN.
Oct 29, 2017 12:36 AM

Sep 2016
So Kale and Caulifla gonna fuse in the next episode. More boring episodes😑
Oct 29, 2017 12:39 AM

Nov 2008
well the preview proves a nice fusion between the two where were they hiding the portara ear rings ;p.. though i honestly prefer watching calufia fight ; was an enjoyable ep. If the chance is there can easily see her being what Cabba is to Vegeta (though differing methods with different personalities lol)
Oct 29, 2017 1:41 AM

Sep 2016
lol that was funny goku fighting califla in high speed with the background terrain just moving in infinite loop.
it seems potara is allowed. I guess that's the only way to beat Jiren with SSB ultra instinct vegito.
and kale+califla going to SS3 like gotenks for sure.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 29, 2017 2:00 AM

Jun 2015
Did kale and caulifla just fused together in the preview?
Oct 29, 2017 2:32 AM

Oct 2015
So they use potara earrings. Maybe the grand priest will say something about it being forbidden, and Goku or the Zenos will say that it's fine. It was weird to see that everyone is surprised by the fight of "mere" SSJ2's.

I wonder how long will Kafla last, and if Goku's regeneration will be able to keep up with their fusion.

---
edit: Just remembered that the "mafuba jar" was also allowed. So no "recovery" or "weapon" items are allowed, but they might use certain other items. Perhaps that's why potaras are allowed. Obviously I'm just guessing, but if it's true, then we might see a Vegito in this tournament as well. Or Goku+Gohan fusion. What annoys me about this potara thing in the tournament, is that every universe could use potara earrings at least once in the tournament then. It kind of annoys me how certain things don't make sense. At this point we might as well see a Toppo+Jiren fusion, or Ribrianne+ some other random annoying fairy bitch fusion as well. I hope we'll get a proper explanation for the rules, and if only uni6 will try to exploit it, or there's going to be more fusions in this arc, and if not, then explain why noone else thinks about it.
Slim_LamieOct 29, 2017 3:51 AM
Oct 29, 2017 2:33 AM
Dec 2016
[quote=nukerxero123]
caio_ken said:
hartz_aboy said:
I loved the episode when Goku showed no weakness even when he was weak. And the annoying part was like

Wait what, I didn't say that look , at my message. That glitch, hahaha.
lol sorry bro , I didn't know this code works like this, it's my first time doing this discussion LMAO
Oct 29, 2017 3:01 AM

Dec 2015
Super has made super saiyan forms such a joke...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 29, 2017 3:05 AM

Nov 2008
Though not to 'dis' on Kales character or what not... I would really much rather see more of caulifla and her progress; she seems much more a 'goku' type though different in certain areas. Just feels more 'interesting' to me so I guess ill just continue to hope for that 'training' relationship to develop more between the two of them; once she masters SSJ2 .. she easily has the Raw power to push onto 3 though.. Staminia has always been that forms weakness. (I guess im just hoping for a ton more interaction in future arcs with Goku/caulifla and Vegeta/cabba and I dont mind if kale is along for the ride *shrug*
Oct 29, 2017 4:17 AM

Feb 2013
Really cool fight.
Oct 29, 2017 4:24 AM

Oct 2017
Got4n said:
What a nice episode! The animation was really on point this time.
Also, is it me or has Whis talked about Ultra Instinct Goku???

Also the preview is REALLY interesting.
But I hate what is gonna happen with Caulifla/Kale. lol

Animation was definitely not on point, the style changed like three times throughout the episode.
Oct 29, 2017 4:28 AM

Aug 2014
Remember Afterimage Technique?
Remember Super Saiyan 2?
Remember Super Saiyan 3?

Next week: Remember Potara?

Is there really only so much to DBS? Also, Kale and Caulifla aren't the Goku and Broly of their universe, they're the Trunks and Goten.
Oct 29, 2017 4:59 AM

Jan 2016
I'll say this as many times as it takes but Super has made Goku a joke. It's like DBZ and DB were unneeded to attain such power. Not cool. It's a joke how they can even go super saiyan, but now they want 3?

I guess all of this started at the end of DBZ (Buu saga with Trunks and Goten) but it still pisses me off.
Oct 29, 2017 5:06 AM
Jul 2014
Yep, still seems bullshit to me about those two girls ...

And her freaking physic ... no ... I mean ... no
TigreDemonOct 29, 2017 5:10 AM
Oct 29, 2017 5:36 AM

Jan 2014
Would been good if there was no godmode , and they had used this old dbz style fights it was really nostalgic and good episode.
Oct 29, 2017 7:50 AM

Dec 2014
so a saiyan fight to the end nice... I expected nonetheless
Oct 29, 2017 8:01 AM

Nov 2008
robiu013 said:
Remember Super Saiyan 2?
Remember Super Saiyan 3?

Is there really only so much to DBS? Also, Kale and Caulifla aren't the Goku and Broly of their universe, they're the Trunks and Goten.

Not sure.. the Trunks and Goten of uni 7 are kinda dim candles compared to them in solo combat.. SSJ1 and stuck there at present .. Caulifla is on the verge of pushing 3 when she masters 2 and Kale is .. well using Berserker Brolly mode *shrug* Trunks Goten Fused sure but they likely lose toa fused CaulKale youll have to bring Future blue rage trunks for it to be real fight haha
Oct 29, 2017 8:04 AM

Apr 2015
Dat preview damn. Kale is really obsessed with her sis XD.
Oct 29, 2017 8:30 AM

Aug 2014
sirwence said:
robiu013 said:
Remember Super Saiyan 2?
Remember Super Saiyan 3?

Not sure.. the Trunks and Goten of uni 7 are kinda dim candles compared to them in solo combat.. SSJ1 and stuck there at present .. Caulifla is on the verge of pushing 3 when she masters 2 and Kale is .. well using Berserker Brolly mode *shrug* Trunks Goten Fused sure but they likely lose toa fused CaulKale youll have to bring Future blue rage trunks for it to be real fight haha

Sure, didn't mean to get too technical with my Trunks/Goten comment. But my point of it was how the Universe 6 Saiyans are quite obviously the DBS equivalent of the next gen/passing the torch shtick; first Vegeta mentors Cabba into turning Super Saiyan and now Goku is more or less directly teaching Kale and Kaulifla how to surpass that. It seems very typical of secondary installments of series' to come up with characters like that, because old school fans, as history has proven, dig that stuff and potential newcomers to the series can find a point of relation in it (not even DBZ was innocent of this; first Gohan, who is arguably more of a main character than Goku, then Goten and Trunks in the majin saga and ultimately Uub and Pan in the final episode). Giving them fusion now, just seemed like the final nail to me to make the Goten/Trunks joke.
Oct 29, 2017 8:42 AM

Feb 2015
I don't like this fight, I don't like that characters. It's known that they are getting that strong for plot convenience. They are ignoring all the way that Goku went through to get that transformations.
Oct 29, 2017 9:06 AM
Sep 2014
This was one of the weaker episodes of the tournament progression wise but it had decent action regardless. We already saw Goku vs Caulifla & Kale before and it being the only fight we saw this episode wasn't the most appealing thing imo.

It was nice seeing so much SSJ2 action and for the outdated forms to be treated like they were important but I can't help but feel all of this would have had more weight if the girls hadn't just unlocked these forms so easily under a day ago. After a bunch of episodes of being portrayed like a guard dropping sandbagging buffoon it was a nice change of pace for Goku to be treated like a skilled martial artist. Caulifla's dialogue started to feel pretty repetitive about halfway through the episode.

I'm not sure how to feel about Beerus knowing and calling fighters from other universes by their names but not doing it for most of the fighters on his own team...

I didn't mind Goku outmaneuvering SSJ2 Caulifla for a good chunk of the start of the episode, the problem more was how inconsistent they are about how much value skill actually has in fights. The action really picked up when Kale got involved, her regular SSJ form continues to be the best looking of the universe 6 SSJ forms. It was nice to see SSJ3 return after so long, it was only around for a bit but at least they didn't overlook the forms stamina issues.

I'm really not sure why everyone was so concerned when Kale went berserk at the end of the episode, she went into it willingly and I recall her mastering it back during 101. Anyways the next episode should be nice, I'm hoping they show the Gohan/Piccolo and Vegeta fights again but it won't surprise me if they're ignored again.

It looks like Kafla will be a Potara fusion, I'm almost certain she'll gain SSJ3 since they wouldn't have stressed the girls getting SSJ3 together if they weren't planning on them getting it in some form. But it's kinda funny, back then everyone thought Caulifla was Kale before they were revealed as two separate people but now they really are the same character. Was Kale a SSJ2 in the preview? I know lightning doesn't automatically equate to SSJ2 but they've seemed a lot more consistent with the lightning than before so maybe she'll be gaining SSJ2 after she gets out of her Berserk form.

If Kafla goes SSJ3 I'm expecting something along the lines of the LSSJ3 form from the games, maybe something like in SSJ she's normal, then she bulks up like SSJ Kale in SSJ2 then in SSJ3 she gets the Berserk Kale look.

If Potaras are playing a role in the tournament than I'm hoping to get a new fusion out of Universe 7, maybe Goku/Gohan, Gohan/Vegeta, Gohan/Piccolo or 17/18.
GolenKenOct 29, 2017 9:28 AM
Oct 29, 2017 9:08 AM

Dec 2014
The episode had some nice action and it was cool and stuff but

FireFistYamaan said:
I'll say this as many times as it takes but Super has made Goku a joke. It's like DBZ and DB were unneeded to attain such power. Not cool. It's a joke how they can even go super saiyan, but now they want 3?

I guess all of this started at the end of DBZ (Buu saga with Trunks and Goten) but it still pisses me off.

I'm gonna second this, It's a shame how they're destroying the meaning behind attaining these forms by making it seem so simple. It's pretty much just plot convenience.

It's also ironic that they make SSJ seem so simple and yet they tried to hype Goku in base form this episode. xD

I liked seeing After image technique again though.
Oct 29, 2017 9:10 AM

May 2015
Looks like Kale and C gonna fuse. So her name will be Caule or what? :D

Man, seeing Goku struggling to go ssj2 had some namek saga vibe in it. :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 29, 2017 12:00 PM

Jul 2013
I know power scaling in Super is a lost case, but this episode is... something else.

Base Goku was having advantage against SS2 Caulifla, but THEN SS2 Caulifla could keep up with SS2 Goku? And the only explanation is that she simply adapted to the fight? What?

If she had trouble against base Goku, shouldn't SS2 Goku completely destroy her? Gohan vs Cell anyone? How could she even keep up? Goku holding back again? Then why did he went long hair? Did she just get 100 times stronger in less than 1 minute (in-universe time)? Move over Hit, Caulifla is the real hack.

And don't even let me started on how Goku recovers his stamina DURING the fight...

Like, I had no problem with how you buffed the supporting casts to high heaven before the tournament, but at least try to keep your BS consistent, Toei.
JustMonakaOct 29, 2017 12:04 PM
Oct 29, 2017 12:04 PM

Nov 2016
Solid episode,barely anything happened,but the fight was quite nice.

Hyped for the fusion and the true ace of U6.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 29, 2017 1:54 PM

Jan 2016
MyKamiList said:
I know power scaling in Super is a lost case, but this episode is... something else.

Base Goku was having advantage against SS2 Caulifla, but THEN SS2 Caulifla could keep up with SS2 Goku? And the only explanation is that she simply adapted to the fight? What?

If she had trouble against base Goku, shouldn't SS2 Goku completely destroy her? Gohan vs Cell anyone? How could she even keep up? Goku holding back again? Then why did he went long hair? Did she just get 100 times stronger in less than 1 minute (in-universe time)? Move over Hit, Caulifla is the real hack.

And don't even let me started on how Goku recovers his stamina DURING the fight...

Like, I had no problem with how you buffed the supporting casts to high heaven before the tournament, but at least try to keep your BS consistent, Toei.

You said it, it's Toei BS "consistency" xD It all started with things like MERGED Zamasu losing a beam struggle with Goku and it still happens up to now. Those are aspects the manga fixes later luckily. The anime has got too random with power ups lately, just for plot convenience.
THANKS SENPIEX
Oct 29, 2017 2:00 PM

Oct 2017
the episode had too many sayians for me.
i try to work for God+
Oct 29, 2017 2:56 PM

Sep 2016
SSJ3 is still the best transformation ever. Looks primal and badass IMO
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Oct 29, 2017 3:19 PM

Oct 2016
MyKamiList said:

Only explanation is that Goku isnt going all out even when transforming, he seems to be traning them and the other thing is that Goku is not interested in eliminating them off the tourney.

Oct 29, 2017 4:51 PM
Dec 2014
When do you think the arc will end?
Oct 29, 2017 7:22 PM

Jul 2013
I also think Goku doesn't go all out. We all know him, he's testing his opponents and in the case of Caulifla and Kale he's like Maitoz said training them. Furthermore Goku had a super hard fight against Jiren so his stamina isn't even close to normal.

I liked this episode. Compared to the first fight this one was way more enjoyable. I also think everyone knew how much potential Caulifla and Kale had. At some points it's definitely sad to see how easy they reached SS2 but it's a different generation of Saiyans.

Next week it seems we will see a potara transformation? At least from what I saw in the preview. Should be interesting. Hopefully Goku will recover for a maybe new fight against Jiren. That would be nice.

Oct 29, 2017 7:47 PM
Dec 2011
Turtles_Hunter said:
TheImmortalOne50 said:
This was an awesome episode!! It's been a while since we last saw Goku enter his SSJ3 form. I was under the impression the form consumed vasts amount of ki, not stamina. I could be wrong.
Stamina and Ki are basically the same thing in dbz. Ki is some kind of inner power of every living being, it's his physical force. So yeah, in DB, run out of stamina also mean run out of ki.

Understandable. In multiplier, how much more stamina does SSB consume than SSJ3?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 95 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

86 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 94 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

79 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

109 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:51 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 92 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

110 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 91 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

59 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.