Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 24, 2017 7:40 PM

Aug 2010
As usual, really great episode!

It got such a nice atmosphere with all those chinese lights...

Also, I wonder how that new character will be introduced!

Oct 24, 2017 7:46 PM

Dec 2014
ok they finally caught up..... I still believe they will lose though
Oct 24, 2017 8:06 PM

Jul 2015
They really like that animation of those chefs cooking in unison don't they, this is like the 3rd episode they appeared in. Anyway, I was quite pleased with this episode, it was extremely predictable for the most part, though the night bit was a nice surprise.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 24, 2017 8:48 PM

Jan 2013
pretty cool to see Yukihira lucking himself into an all-star team for his lil booth
Oct 24, 2017 9:11 PM

Jun 2017
I hope Kuga-Kun learned that if you underestimate Yukihira, you'll only get burned!
It was so nice to see Aldini, Mimasaka, and Nikumi help him and Todokoro along the way, it was beautiful.

I loved this episode. <3
Oct 24, 2017 9:39 PM

Nov 2014
That was awesome! Glad to see everyone together on this!
Hi there
Oct 24, 2017 10:09 PM

Nov 2011
That was suchhhh a good episode. The friendship between the cast of characters and all of them helping out Yukihira really puts a smile on my face~ Yukihira's mapo tofu dish looks...sdsamoxmosa really goooddd, I'm craving some mapo tofu now! Also Nakiri's dish is looking yummy!
Oct 24, 2017 10:12 PM
Sep 2016

I love how they changed Aladine in this season, I really expect great things from him!
Oct 24, 2017 10:51 PM

May 2010
Them winning was kinda unrealistic. But oh well, good job Souma.
EDIT - Ah, if it was just that particular day then I guess that's... more digestible.
Oct 24, 2017 10:55 PM

Mar 2016
I was thinking that this episode is kind of sped up... but still good episode, and also Souma still not gonna lose. (unless if it's his dad) lel.

5/5 Good, Great, what??? I don't know anymore.
My Profile
Anime
Manga
osu! Profile
No Picture Available for me... lol.
Oct 24, 2017 11:31 PM

Apr 2009
minimiau said:
4 episodes just to see the obvious: Yukihira winning his rival with the rival speciality (and making it better). As most of times, so its not sorprise.

he didnt win by making it better he made it by making it his own and it was more so the tables and customer service than the food.
Oct 24, 2017 11:33 PM

Apr 2009
Otaku4ever10 said:
NOW the shit is gonna be REAL

THE REAL anime's story will start from the next episode and we will see events and wars in another level

too exciting to see how the studio will adapt the manga

real anime story? ;o

Oira_yukihira said:
ughhh.... I really appreciate but feels so unusual with this episode's pace.
well, still funny and manga is better for me. for ANIME-ONLY watcher, there's Hayami Sho's debut in next episodes and the amazing "dark" show will begin, so stay tune !

rate : 9/10

dark show ;o
Oct 24, 2017 11:36 PM

Oct 2008
The drama distracted from the shitty direction this ep. I feel like visually this season is such a step down. The storyboarding is so lifeless
Would be reading the manga if I didn't think sacrificing the colours of the anime + the great OST would be a problem
Oct 25, 2017 12:07 AM

Jun 2016
damn yukihira... good job !!!

i wanna said this **** you senpai !!!
Oct 25, 2017 12:13 AM

Nov 2016
10/10 episode.

shiomi jun <3

erina <3

hype for next episode
Oct 25, 2017 12:37 AM

Jul 2013
This episode is one of the very few ones that make spending 9 hours a day in the office worth it. I wouldn't mind waiting every week if the episode is a masterpiece like this.
Oct 25, 2017 1:14 AM
Oct 2013
Oira_yukihira said:
well, still funny and manga is better for me. for ANIME-ONLY watcher, there's Hayami Sho's debut in next episodes and the amazing "dark" show will begin, so stay tune !

Holy shit...Thanks for the information. Really appreciate it. Getting real excited too xD.
Oct 25, 2017 1:22 AM
Mar 2016
Ok so could someone explain to me how Souma beat Kuga when Kuga has twice the number of cooks twice the number of seats and twice the number of line to the point that the restaurant is pack while souma has 3 people with 3 more added at the last hour or 2 so Kuga should still be number 1 at ranking and Souma 2nd or 3rd

Also im starting to notice is that Soumas main weapon against anyone is his 10 years experience at his fathers restaurant and every other student he faces have little to no experience at restaurants i mean this kids are from family's that owns huge well known restaurant and it just happens that annoying cocky ass Souma is the only one with experience
Oct 25, 2017 1:43 AM

Apr 2012
even though I'm reading the manga, it was still so awesome to see it all come together haha. absolutely loved it
Oct 25, 2017 3:10 AM

Dec 2015
Hahahahaa Subaru's imitation was flawless, everyone did such a great job - what an incredible episode from start to finish :D:D

Character development just went off the charts + the pacing was perfect!! (that said, the thought of roux-based curry in Chinese cuisine really put me off lol)
~
Oct 25, 2017 4:39 AM

Apr 2015
This is so ******* awesome omg
Oct 25, 2017 4:51 AM

Jul 2013
Oh my freakin' god I got goosebumps watching this episode. Yukihira, you brilliant cooking nerd! And hell, Kuga's voice still drives me weak in the knees. And not just his voice! Uggghh mama has it bad.
Oct 25, 2017 5:40 AM
Sep 2017
Otaku4ever10 said:

THE REAL anime's story will start from the next episode and we will see events and wars in another level

can't wait to see how another level are those events are gonna be in the future. I'm so jealous of you having read the manga. Btw, does the manga end?
Oct 25, 2017 7:37 AM

Dec 2012
jomarggg said:

Also im starting to notice is that Soumas main weapon against anyone is his 10 years experience at his fathers restaurant and every other student he faces have little to no experience at restaurants i mean this kids are from family's that owns huge well known restaurant and it just happens that annoying cocky ass Souma is the only one with experience

That exactly the source of his fruit.
Real life experience always shaped someone better than book and pen.
Also despite has read this manga this episode remind me again how terrific Megumi skill in term to "serve customers".
Oct 25, 2017 8:44 AM

Jan 2015
Damn that gigantic "Yukihira" Subaru person really makes me and my little brother laugh so hard when watching him do the profiling. Yukihira really doing good on spotting enemy's weakness and counter it.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 25, 2017 9:14 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Ayy Nikumi :)
I'm glad she got to be part of Yukihira's team :)

The stand Yukihira made looked so amazing, especially with them lights they put. Very observant from Yukihira as well. Plus Megumi's great customer service was also a plus.

Oct 25, 2017 9:17 AM
Nov 2016
I think it was after watching the previous episode that I said this show was becoming a little formulaic in the sense of how Souma tackled all the challenges he faced and that the stakes weren't high enough in this particular arc but it still makes me smile when I see the bonds that Souma has made with a lot of different people come into play. Takumi, Isami, Mimasaka and Nikumi all help him out without having anything to do with his stall.

It's nice to see Akira, Ryo and Alice doing well too.
Oct 25, 2017 10:04 AM

Oct 2016
Really nice episode, Souma won the 4th day I think so thats something at least, I find it really hard to win the whole thing with only 1 day left tho.
But its his first festival so maybe next year he can beat him.
Oct 25, 2017 10:35 AM

Sep 2016
When you are italian and you got triggered by Aldini's TURIPPA ARRA FIOURENTINA.

Good episode tho.
JUST MONIKA

Oct 25, 2017 10:47 AM

Oct 2017
Haha, Mimasaka traumatising those poor, hungry schoolgirls. xD + Seeing his friends helping out was pretty awesome.

Let's see what Kuga has to offer!
Oct 25, 2017 12:48 PM
Jan 2017
AForgottenSoul said:
Otaku4ever10 said:

real anime story? ;o

yes sir .. do you see any story until now except souma who want to beat the 1st seat and be number one xD

the next episode will turn the anime 180 degree
Oct 25, 2017 12:51 PM
Jan 2017
hello_6912 said:
Otaku4ever10 said:

can't wait to see how another level are those events are gonna be in the future. I'm so jealous of you having read the manga. Btw, does the manga end?

i have read the manga in 2016 coz i didn't know there will be another season .. after i knew there will be S3 i stopped reading it xD

No the manga is still airing weekly
Oct 25, 2017 12:57 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Kuga sure is confident in himself though. Nice to see that all the stalls are trying their hardest to get more customers as the end approaches. Mapo Tofu with noddles interesting. Souma's skill at fast thinking always amazes me. Curry in such a dish sure is creative. Never expected Souma to ask Subaru for help though. The lanterns were an interesting idea and really helped in set the mood though. Just another weapon to make more customers come. Its nice seeing Souma's friends come and offer their help though. This is exactly what friends are for. Its nice that thanks to everyone that Souma managed top top the charts at last. Such an enjoyable episode though. Friendship can triumph over the most powerful of foes thats for sure. Alice's idea sure was interesting this time around.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2017 1:26 PM
Mar 2016

Oh Mimasaka is back, man I can't believe that there is that Geopolitical theme here, cu'z it's kinda express Japan's pitting China with Taiwan.
Oct 25, 2017 3:34 PM
Jul 2018
Souma's new dish
Based Mimasaka Subaru
Megumi customr service
Nikumi and Aldini brothers show up
Thanks to Nakama power, Souma finally dominated
Serves Kuga right

Post credits scene are awesome as well.
Shiomi stalking on Hayama
Nakiri moment
Eizan moment

Next arc's gonna be the shit
Oct 25, 2017 3:35 PM

May 2015
Some great teamwork in this episode, and Souma finally took first place. Not anything surprising, but it was pretty great nonetheless.
ReverberateOct 25, 2017 3:40 PM

Oct 25, 2017 4:04 PM

Sep 2016
I knew the MC was gonna win anyway, but it annoys tf out of me on how it happened. Oh the power of friendship and plot armor.

Yugi-Oh guy gets owned in the end oh wow plot twist. It's so full of shit.
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Oct 25, 2017 7:04 PM

Jan 2013
Finally, i've waited so long for this.
Good job Souma! So 1 day left?
It was so nice to see all of his friends helping him.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 25, 2017 7:28 PM

Jun 2017
This episode did it's classic food wars thing, which is all good and well but the animation and direction has been so bad it's distracting. Still kiinda enjoyed it but this will probably be my lowest rated season.
Oct 25, 2017 9:44 PM

Mar 2016
This episode was we just waited all for.
Wow, just wow :D
Oct 25, 2017 9:51 PM

Apr 2014
TheSmilingShoujo said:
I knew the MC was gonna win anyway, but it annoys tf out of me on how it happened. Oh the power of friendship and plot armor.

Yugi-Oh guy gets owned in the end oh wow plot twist. It's so full of shit.

TragicRomance said:
Them winning was kinda unrealistic. But oh well, good job Souma.
EDIT - Ah, if it was just that particular day then I guess that's... more digestible.

I agree with you guys. If that was a day sell results then it is MAYBE or "could be possible". In other way there is no possible that Yukihira could won that. Soo far I didn't have feeling in this series like: "damn this feel a bit like a "shitty plot twist". But this time I had it...
SunnY89Oct 25, 2017 10:02 PM
Oct 25, 2017 10:25 PM
Aug 2012
Souma took first place in on the 4th Day Sales not overall........how about paying more attention kids (instead of dumb complains). The rankings are for each individual day.

Also he used legit strategy instead of plot armor, he found his opponents weak points, attracted customers with free samples and new dishes, made more new dishes based on customer feedback and slowly build up his stall with more attractions. He also made plans for extra hands by talking to Subaru who was free.

The only problem in his plan was that he didn't expect that many customers.......which was solved by his friends helping out. Everyone of them owes him something beforehand so that's not surprising that they would want to help whenever possible even if Souma doesn't ask for it. Well even without their help Souma would have been atleast in the top 5 for the day with that kind of boost.

Oct 26, 2017 2:27 AM

Nov 2015
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Souma took first place in on the 4th Day Sales not overall........how about paying more attention kids (instead of dumb complains). The rankings are for each individual day.

Also he used legit strategy instead of plot armor, he found his opponents weak points, attracted customers with free samples and new dishes, made more new dishes based on customer feedback and slowly build up his stall with more attractions. He also made plans for extra hands by talking to Subaru who was free.

The only problem in his plan was that he didn't expect that many customers.......which was solved by his friends helping out. Everyone of them owes him something beforehand so that's not surprising that they would want to help whenever possible even if Souma doesn't ask for it. Well even without their help Souma would have been atleast in the top 5 for the day with that kind of boost.

he did steal some of hes costumers, Kuga still had way bigger reputation, appearence appeal for most of day and should've still bigger venue given how large that building looks like visually at least, and not least workers who work more effectively than yukihira ever had even after hes friends joined him.
Idk how you imagine him losing in that particular day.
unless that all was just visualization and ... reality looks different. Remember Yukihira started having big sales at the very end of day, while Kuga seemed to keep consistency.
Oct 26, 2017 2:33 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Souma won thanks to Nakama power, but unlike a certain stupid anime, this anime did it much better, made more sense.

That Mapo-Curry Noodles looks so delicious.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Oct 26, 2017 2:34 AM
Jan 2017
I felt that this arc was a little shallow compared to previous ones. Because we are talking about a guy from the top 10 and souma beats him with just 4 days of preparation.

But reading the comments of Manga readers has made me get super hyped about this Azami and how the show is gonna be completely change after that.

So, This is one of those times where I would like to just sleep non-stop for a week, so I can see the next episode immediately.

Also, the tension I felt when the top guy was just getting ready to cook, is totally out of this world
Oct 26, 2017 5:00 AM
Aug 2012
JotunheimrLoki said:

he did steal some of hes costumers, Kuga still had way bigger reputation, appearence appeal for most of day and should've still bigger venue given how large that building looks like visually at least, and not least workers who work more effectively than yukihira ever had even after hes friends joined him.
unless that all was just visualization and ... reality looks different. Remember Yukihira started having big sales at the very end of day, while Kuga seemed to keep consistency.

Not not some, many of his customers. Before people thought that Kuga's place was the only one they could get high-level of food so even with the long wait time and not-so-nice service, they still went there. He had a big line, but not enough accommodations hence the sub-par customer service i.e. telling people to leave just after finishing their food.

Yukihira gave the almost the same quality of food for all classes of people who can sit down and enjoy it at a much cheaper price. The free samples and customer feedback helped with this as well. So he got a lot of customers and was barely able to keep up until reinforcement arrives.

Oct 26, 2017 6:15 AM
Mar 2017
[quote=kiza1379 message=52787094]
Oira_yukihira said:

you're welcome ;)
Oira_yukihiraOct 26, 2017 7:34 AM
Oct 26, 2017 10:35 AM

Jun 2014
yup pretty much shonen trope cliche nakama power, but hey...at least the author doing well the execution
Oct 26, 2017 11:22 AM

Jan 2016
Nice ep, friendship around Souma couisine is great to view.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2017 2:30 PM

Nov 2015
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
JotunheimrLoki said:

Not not some, many of his customers. Before people thought that Kuga's place was the only one they could get high-level of food so even with the long wait time and not-so-nice service, they still went there. He had a big line, but not enough accommodations hence the sub-par customer service i.e. telling people to leave just after finishing their food.

Yukihira gave the almost the same quality of food for all classes of people who can sit down and enjoy it at a much cheaper price. The free samples and customer feedback helped with this as well. So he got a lot of customers and was barely able to keep up until reinforcement arrives.

Well bald men against cute girls service, Neither I or Kuga saw that coming.

Well let's see,
From what I have seen Kuga still had 2nd place, i'm not sure how badly other places does so not sure how well he still did to Yukihira.
The day began Kuga keep getting job done for quite morning:) seems like he is full with customers to begin with.
That's when Yukihira gets hes place first done for customers to sit down.
I didn't pay much attention to stuff at what time they were happening, but for most of day they worked with 3/4ppl, while at the evening? rest of nakamas come help, this one actually can't say i don't remember so if they worked all whole day then...
How many bald men work for Kuga? I didn't count seemed a lot of them.
I don't see why ppl would choose Yukihira place over Kuga, once they can pick even if they did it would be few, Kuga definitely had still more appear to customers. Most likely ppl went to both restaurents frequently, however to yukihira as result of Kuga's place being full. Even so ppl who were coming to that area most likely had as their objective Kuga restaurant.

That Kuga didn't have enough service for all customers, doesn't mean ppl would stop coming later on to him, simply he was doing the limit he was prepared for -> kicking out customers after 20mins was good idea not bad imo, as it allowed him to make more sales, just ppl who won't wait or aren't willing to will go to the other one, question would be if Yukihira can take more customers than he does, even if he would.

So in the end it feels like its about who could manage more customers in given time, and i don't see how Yukihira could manage more even after all hes friends joined him. The only advantage he had was take-out food, but still Kuga seemed to have more ppl and being disciplined to work effectively, and while we didn't see how many spots he got inside he prepared for this day fro a lot of costumers and that place looks big, so... i imagine there's a lot of customers inside.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2017

151 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 25, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

223 by ZombieZibi »»
Dec 3, 2023 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2017

128 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2017

118 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2017

108 by dspr »»
Jul 15, 2023 10:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.