Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 9, 2017 7:40 AM

Jul 2017
Curious on how many people will watch an entire anime series in one sitting or just watch that series till they finish it.
Oct 9, 2017 7:52 AM

Mar 2015
If I start watching a series earlier in the day, and it ends up being really good then I'll binge watch it until I and too tired to continue, so it highly depends on the length, I binge watched Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood over the course of 2 weeks, mainly because it was too long to watch in a day so I took it a little slower, I watched Blood Lad in a day because it was really good, only to realise it didn't get a second season (rip my heart).

So yeah I will if it's really good, if not then I'll take my time.
Oct 9, 2017 7:54 AM
Aug 2016
That would be impossible for me. I lose my interest really quickly.
Oct 9, 2017 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
I can get 14-15 episodes a day on average depending on how good it is the max I've done is 20 in one sitting.
CreativeNam3Oct 11, 2017 6:18 PM
Once you realize that what others think about what you enjoy doesn't matter, you will finally be free

Oct 9, 2017 8:04 AM

Jan 2013
I usually feel overloaded after 6 episodes of the same series (if I still feel like watching anime I need to switch to some other show). It does ocassionally happen to me to binge watch a 1-cour show in one sitting but it's pretty rare, not to even mention longer series.
Oct 9, 2017 8:04 AM

Jun 2015
>Watch an anime until you finish it

Oh you sweet unblemished soul.
Oct 9, 2017 8:08 AM

Sep 2017
I can do it once or twice every week. Shitposting is my priority right now. Watching anime in public is kinda ehhh due to my schedule.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 9, 2017 8:08 AM
May 2017
Unless I have work or I have some other business to take care of or my phone battery dies, I usually binge.

My favorite binge is a tie between either Baccano! or Cromartie High School. Those were good series to binge on.
Oct 9, 2017 8:09 AM

Nov 2014
I watch as much anime as I have in my allocated free time.

I finish in 1 sitting? Cool. I don't? Cool, I'll just continue later.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 9, 2017 8:11 AM

Feb 2010
Sometimes I do watch 1-cour shows in one sitting but not all that often, I prefer spreading it out and enjoying the experience a bit more. And I'm also not forcing myself to only watch one show at a time, if I'm not in the modo for it it would just end up being less enjoyable so I'd rather watch something else that I am in the mood for.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 9, 2017 8:23 AM

Dec 2014
I can watch a whole 12-13 episode anime in one sitting I often do it. Otherwise other than seasonal anime I just watch one completed anime 12 episodes at a time and within 1-2 days I have watched and start the next completed anime
Oct 9, 2017 8:31 AM

Feb 2015
I've done it like 3 times in my life and I was sick all those times... SO regularly I prefer not to binge... Kinda ruins my experience
Oct 9, 2017 8:31 AM

May 2015
I do, especially when said anime gets me (9-10).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2017 8:39 AM
Apr 2017
I don't like having more than 2 series on the go at once, because I get confused between the characters and plots (impressive how many are similar and how similar they are sometimes) but it inevitably ends up happening as either nothing new comes out or I get bored of binge watching one. I do make absolutely sure to finish certain series eventually though.
Oct 11, 2017 2:58 PM

Oct 2017
The only anime I could binge watch were Naruto, One Piece, Hunter x Hunter.

I have a rule that I can not watch more than 2 episodes, sometimes 3 for anime with 24 episode, in a day. This was rule I made so that I can at least have some cliffhangers within an anime. Binge watch just ruins that.

My friend saw Boku dake ga inai machi in one sitting and I saw it 1 episode in a day. As you could guess, I rated the show higher.

We can only have good tea
while we're alive.

Oct 11, 2017 3:02 PM

Sep 2016
I only binge watch short anime, like 12-13 episodes, only if I'm really into it. Mostly at night so it only interfer with my sleep. It depends if it has been a good day or not
Oct 11, 2017 3:03 PM

Apr 2016
I can usually get 12 to 13 episodes done during my weekend; I barely have the time to binge on anime during the week days because of school.
Oct 11, 2017 3:09 PM

May 2016
Generally watch anything between 15-20 series at a time (mostly airing) but regularly binge watch 12 and 13 episode anime if I find the plot interesting. Most I ever watched was about 75 episodes of Fairy Tail when I first started it over maybe 5 days.
Oct 11, 2017 3:11 PM
Jun 2016
i dont really watch more than one series at once, and i mainly dedicate myself to finishing it before touching anything else. it's not really a self imposed rule but more because... i dont really have a reason. i guess i just dont like watching more than one thing at once.

i binge watch sometimes, when i have free time and when i feel like it. the most i ever binge watched was evangelion+end of eva with a friend over a 24 hour period. i have to be pretty into it to binge it though so it's usually reserved for anime i really like.
'ate gundam
Oct 11, 2017 6:17 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I do it sometimes, a lot recently I feel like with a lot of my binge watched titles coming in the past couple of months, but I'm beginning to kind of relax on it. I've only binge-watched-a-full-series-in-one-day a few series, I think. Anohana, Zero no Tsukaima F, Erased, Bake & Nisemonogatari, NGNL, Tokyo Ghoul. I got close with SAOII and Parasyte and Tokyo Ghoul Root A, but didn't quite make it, with 20 of SAOII and 19 of Parasyte in one day, and all but one episode of Root A in one day (with Root A, I started it when it was dark out and it had passed midnight by the time I reached the finale, and I opt not to count it because MAL didn't count it one day because of as much.) Maybe I could've done them both in one day if I didn't have a bad habit of stopping to do other things from time to time, with the only "single sitting" binge watch I have under my belt being Anohana.

For some reason all of the stuff I binge-watched is really popular stuff, now that I think about it ._.

Either way, if I binge watch something I never plan it - again, sans Anohana which was a rather unique binge-watch to me since I both planned it out to complete it in one sitting and went through in one fell swoop without getting up a single time, unlike any other binge-watch I had done before - and I don't mind (if not prefer) a slower pace in terms of how I watch things. Slow burns tend to feel better in the long run, at least when it's a series I really find myself liking.
ManabanOct 11, 2017 6:25 PM

Oct 11, 2017 6:47 PM

Apr 2017
I love binge watching, but it doesn't happen very often, not because I don't want to binge something, but because I can't find anything fun enough to watch in one sitting. Last thing I binged was 16 episodes of Assassination Classroom S1, it wasn't an outstaind show, but it was incredibly fun, at least at the beginning.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2017 8:48 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
It depends on the series and it's pacing. I prefer to finish in one sitting because if I stop and continue later it's just trouble.
Oct 11, 2017 9:50 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Only for already finished airing show and whenever those anime keep making me curious as I watch them like FMAB, but still I can't watch more than 20 episodes a day.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Oct 11, 2017 9:53 PM

Jan 2012
I use to do it a lot... and then job happens
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 11, 2017 9:55 PM
Oct 2015
I only have time to binge watch animes during the holidays and whenever I binge watch I usually stick to an anime that has only one season.
Heckle was here...
Jun 18, 2019 8:34 AM
Feb 2018
The longest i can realistically binge for is 6-10 episodes before I start to get tired or just bored.
I do sometimes binge entire series but that's very rare.
Jun 18, 2019 8:45 AM

Oct 2014
There are a number of 12 episode anime I've seen in single days, but I don't do that very often.
Jun 18, 2019 8:48 AM

Apr 2017
Don't want to watch something in one sitting even if it's extremely good, I actually take longer the better the show. I want to grasp everything, I guess rewatches work faster.

Also I'm watching 79 anime at once

『 The truth has power because it’s the truth.
And because it is the truth, that makes it just.
It’s persuasive, isn’t it? Don’t you want truth like that? 』

Jun 18, 2019 8:50 AM

Jul 2017
Kuraya said:
Don't want to watch something in one sitting even if it's extremely good, I actually take longer the better the show. I want to grasp everything, I guess rewatches work faster.

Also I'm watching 79 anime at once

damn, i feel that though, I usually bing watch something i love and re watch it later.
Jun 18, 2019 8:50 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
I watch as much time allows or how much in a mood I am..

so have binged plenty of times 10-30 episode a day.
Jun 18, 2019 8:51 AM

Jun 2010
For completed series like those with 12-24 episodes, I can finish in a day or two. For ongoing series, I will wait till it runs for say 8-10 episodes before I watch them. I have quite a few series that I watch concurrently and I will go from series to series to watch all episodes.
Jun 18, 2019 8:53 AM

Feb 2019
Def Binge watching, I like to consume a story all at once.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Jun 18, 2019 9:04 AM
Jul 2018

I do about 20 eps a day on practically every day off work I get - but it's not always episodes of just one series so it doesn't count as binge watching, right ?
But of course there are some shows I just couldn't stop watching in the past. They hooked me and I didn't even think of watching anything else; I guess everybody has had one or two of those.
Right now I watch a lot that's still airing and several older ones I want to finish, so it's series hopping until the next addictive one hits.
Jun 18, 2019 4:39 PM

Oct 2008
When this spring season ends (it has apparently) and the anime's last episodes finish airing (which they haven't yet), I will watch and finish a different anime every day for two weeks+. I binge all my anime, after all of their episodes have come out. I plan to start with "Isekai Quartet", I will dedicate the first whole day to this anime, and the next day to whatever anime I am in the mood for.
Jun 18, 2019 4:43 PM

Jun 2019
I only watch few anime that I am interested seasonaly and other I binge watch.
Jun 18, 2019 4:48 PM

Mar 2018
I used to binge anime a lot but I eventually realised that I don't tend to remember much except major story beats from those series, I'll probably go through some again.

More topics from this board

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 60 minutes ago

3 by Spunkert »»
22 seconds ago

» Anime adaptation wish list

kuroneko99 - Apr 5

31 by Reecey91 »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 4 hours ago

22 by perseii »»
5 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 11 hours ago

18 by MasterTasuke »»
7 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 2 hours ago

16 by Lucifrost »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.