Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 15, 2017 10:33 PM

Aug 2017
Apo MC...
isn't a generic average high school student.
doesn't have a girl as your servant (Astolfo is a man).
doesn't have a harem.
doesn't have multiple girls wanting his dick.
doesn't suffer from gynophobia.
doesn't blush in front of girls.
In other words, he's quite the opposite of those self-insert high school protagonists that are found in practically every ecchi battle harem series or any Type-Moon mobage/VN with male protagonist.

These factors make Fate/Apocrypha a more pleasant to watch.

Also the bathroom scene is one of the most cliche scenes, if not the most cliche that exists in anime and manga. Top Kek!

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post and insult.
NoLiferSoulOct 21, 2017 11:58 AM

Oct 20, 2017 12:46 AM

Jul 2012
I probably should've realized before I started watching, but even with 25 episodes, it's not enough to flesh out 24+ characters before they die.

But there's still almost a whole cour left to focus on whoever's left, and now that the two sides have shifted a bit, I'm curious as to how it will all play out.
Nov 1, 2017 2:44 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
work team to defeat this Golem!!!
Nov 3, 2017 10:00 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode, but yeah the animation was a little jaded. Also wtf, isn't Archer supposed to use his Noble Phantasm to aim for the heart once they opened him up?

Should have given him that screen time.

I lol'd at Mordred asking for two command spells while Jeanne struggles XD

What's up with Jeanne being too clingy to Homunculi Sieg :P

Can't wait for the next episode!
Nov 13, 2017 3:12 PM

Dec 2015
Sooooo, no one noticed the giant walking golem until it was right next to the castle...?? Also, I thought Juuni Taisen had some of the most anticlimactic, Caster though took in on a whole new level.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 9, 2017 3:24 PM

Oct 2012
It's getting more and more ridiculous, they just use whatever rules fits them right and everyone is doing whatever. Surely trainwreck at its finest...

Also, why to even introduce big golem boss when you're gonna defeat him in just one episode? Their (forced) cooporation was also nice example of how stupid this story is - sure, plot device her, plot device there, gotta bend your personalities a little, surely you don't care? (well, not that anything make sense here anyway).
Dec 24, 2017 2:40 AM
Jul 2018
Once again, my ears hurt. It baffles me that they chose sounds that belong in some youtube meme rather than a Fate anime.
Jan 1, 2018 9:19 AM

Sep 2010
As expected of heroes... time and time again they gang up against a single guy and defeat him with numbers...

that damn bullies, destroying someone's life work.
Jan 5, 2018 5:19 AM

Sep 2015
Astolfo's attacks name being

is one of the best things ever
Feb 6, 2018 3:53 PM

Aug 2017
The fight was cool again. The others things, emmm, bad? More screen to Mordred please. 2/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 28, 2018 12:17 AM
Mar 2012
I like the Hippogriff part & Mordred.
Sieg hasn't been annoying for me, he's just an ok mc with powerup.
Yes ruler has rules, but now feels like excuses just to pick sides when she should be neutral. There's quite a lot of troublesome NPs anyhow, & a few growing flowers don't do much.
Astolfo & Fiore...
Feels like team Red's been very disorganized & random, Spartacus, Caster & Saber each going on their own.
Mar 20, 2018 12:53 PM

Jul 2012
I need a gif of Astolfo's Hippogriff trying to nope out of attacking the giant regenerating golem.
May 15, 2018 10:36 AM
Dec 2010
So that giant has a Reality Marble-type ability, similar to ORT's Crystal Valley?
Dec 8, 2018 9:14 PM

Mar 2017
Where tf is Archer's Noble Phantasm?
partiallyiod said:
Pretty good episode.

they're the true OTP.
how you get that w/o the BS11 logo?
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Jun 23, 2019 7:56 AM

Dec 2018
Roche could've just stop Caster using his CS.

Lol, so Sieg need CS to transform into Siegfried. That means he can't do it again when the HGW is over.

Lol Chiron got an infrared vision.

Gordes unconsciously became a commentator for the fight.

Jeanne starting to deviate from her role as a Ruler.

Jack is missing.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 3, 2019 9:17 PM
Mar 2016
What a great team up!
Jul 9, 2019 5:25 AM

Apr 2013
Good episode, even though I still can't stop to compare A-1 animation to ufotable animation when it comes to the Fate franchise. Wonder how many command spells Ruler has if she can just give them away like that.
Jul 9, 2019 6:11 AM

Oct 2014
Gator said:
Wonder how many command spells Ruler has if she can just give them away like that.

she has 2 command spells for each servant, so 28 command spells
Jul 9, 2019 6:30 AM

Apr 2013
Shayon said:
Gator said:
Wonder how many command spells Ruler has if she can just give them away like that.

she has 2 command spells for each servant, so 28 command spells

Oh okay, that's a lot. Since she hasn't used that many so far, guess losing two or three doesn't hurt her much.
Aug 29, 2019 5:38 AM

Mar 2018
forcestriker said:
Apo MC...
isn't a generic average high school student.
doesn't have a girl as your servant (Astolfo is a man).
doesn't have a harem.
doesn't have multiple girls wanting his dick.
doesn't suffer from gynophobia.
doesn't blush in front of girls.
In other words, he's quite the opposite of those self-insert high school protagonists that are found in practically every ecchi battle harem series or any Type-Moon mobage/VN with male protagonist.

These factors make Fate/Apocrypha a more pleasant to watch.

This is actually a very good point. I'm not crazy about Sieg, but I don't think he is as bad as many people say. He is kind of bland, but so far I like him better than (anime) Emiya Shirou, Kokutou Mikiya (from Kara no Kyoukai) or Kishinami Hakuno (Fate/Extra: Last Encore).

On a related note, one thing I love about this show compared to FSN is that it is free of those civilian slice-of-life scenes at Emiya Shirou's home and at school. I always felt that those scenes clashed with the tone, made Emiya feel more stupid and less likable, and all around detracted from the show.

On a 3rd, unrelated note: I am surprised that Gordes (Hitler moustache guy) is still alive. :D
Oct 31, 2019 10:02 PM
Feb 2018
I agree that Sieg isn't too bad. I don't mind Sieg as much as some MCs because of his origin as a homunculus. Rather than being just an ordinary teen boy, he was truly nothing, a being destined to be used as a power source. This made it a lot easier to root for him and when I realized he was slipping into the main character role it wasn't as annoying. However, he has never seen the world or had any experiences or education? Is all that supplied by Siegfried? Is he not truly himself anymore?

I'm not comfortable with this future Jeanne romance everyone is talking about. First off nothing has happened yet. Second she should be busy negotiating this war, but romancing a young boy. Finally she is just too far beyond him in experience (yes I know she is inhabiting someone else's body, but I haven't read the LN so I am going off the show). I love his chemistry with Astolfo, but I see Astolfo more as flirtatious mentor and protector than a love interest.

Anyway, I'm loving Mordred at this point. She's really an anti-Arturia, which is refreshing. Astolfo is really lovable without being irritating.

Really interested to see how the Romanian family (forgot the name) is going to deal with all that is going on.
Nov 23, 2019 12:44 PM

Feb 2015
Man, this episode was freaking awesome, easily the best one so far. This is the kind of thing I watch anime for.
Mar 27, 2020 7:46 AM
Sep 2019
I cannot see why everyone is fighting Caster... heaven on earth, what's wrong with that?
But it was nice seeing everyone working together, and Mordred asking for payment xD
What are people in the flying fortress doing in the meanwhile?
Apr 12, 2020 3:54 PM

Dec 2014
Caster gone.... 11 servants to go...

damn the red fraction still has 6 servants
Apr 28, 2020 9:19 PM

Feb 2018
Nice battle, saber vs saber
May 8, 2020 10:14 PM

Aug 2019
god damn, this grail war must have broken the record for "most anything going wrong/ servants creating world ending scenarios cus they could" holy shit Jeanne honestly needs a vacation from the Throne Of Heroes after this, the amount of work she has to do to keep some weird golem enthusiast and edgy vampire fanboy from destroying the world is wild. oh lets not forgot she has to also stop a priest and his poison loving servant as well.
Lmao Mo coming in clutch once again, i literally don't understand why she gets hate in this anime. Like where the anime is now, i've seen some problems that i hope don't get worse, but out of all the problems you choose Mordred because of some personality and (not even hard to comprehend) ideals issues she has? pffft aight.
Dec 13, 2022 6:54 AM
May 2020
I know this episode is supposedly epic and all with the fight scene and action but... I can't help but think about how I'm slowly getting bored with the series. I can't explain it well, but it feels like the plot is a bit all over the place and there are some stuff that are unnecessary or doesn't make sense. Honestly, the only reason why I'm going on with this show is so I can cross it off my list as another Fate series finished and to see more of my favorite characters (who are also kinda ruined... this adaptation sucks imho)
Apr 2, 2023 5:36 PM
Apr 2020
Epic fight Scenes (kinda) so thats cool

Nov 27, 2023 11:52 PM
Jul 2023
Caster down!
- was that Shirou’s backstory?
- Ruler called Sieg a pig head lmao
- Black Caster is using his master as the reactor core? I forgot he was red team now lol
- Looks like Adam is ready
- “I always aim for the top spot at being terrible” XD I love Astolfo
- It seems Black Caster is the new threat.
- Fuckin never mind he’s dead XD just Adam now
- Ruler hit Adam with some aot type shiz, great animation there
- Adam is a reality marble which turns its surroundings into eden, that pretty cooool
- He’s immortal because beings cannot shed blood in paradise? That’s sick
- Ruler can teleport people to her, that’s great
- Siegfried and Mordred summoned!
- Siegfried and Mordred’s attacks combined? Anime stuff lol. They looked cool not looking at the explosion though haha
- Adam is down!
- Even though 4 people have now died, it’s still a 5v5 due to people swapping their teams.
Dec 1, 2023 6:59 PM

Nov 2023
SIeg is slowly building his harem
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.