Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 6, 2017 10:36 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not much to see if you've seen the movie already.

This is pretty much revisiting the anime again with Washio and her friends fighting in that other world. There's decent amount of action in this so they kept a decent momentum for the episode.

Definitely important to watch the previous Yuuki Yuuna series as it jumps right into the story.
Stark700Oct 6, 2017 11:25 AM
Oct 6, 2017 10:58 AM

Nov 2014
Stark700 said:

Definitely important to watch the previous Yuuki Yuuna series as it jumps right into the story.

Came here to find out if i should watch the previous first or not before starting this one despite it being a 'sequel' so it seems i will put this on hold for a bit until i watch the other stuff first as i hate watching things out of order so thanks for letting people know.
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Oct 6, 2017 11:02 AM

Nov 2011
heinrich6745 said:
Stark700 said:

Came here to find out if i should watch the previous first or not before starting this one despite it being a 'sequel' so it seems i will put this on hold for a bit until i watch the other stuff first as i hate watching things out of order so thanks for letting people know.

You can watch this without watching Yuuki Yuuna as it takes place before the main series. I just personally think it's better to get familiar with the franchise first.

Different characters, similar setting.
Alternatively, you can just watch the trilogy movies. It's pretty much same thing.
Oct 6, 2017 11:13 AM

Nov 2014
Stark700 said:
heinrich6745 said:

You can watch this without watching Yuuki Yuuna as it takes place before the main series. I just personally think it's better to get familiar with the franchise first.

Different characters, similar setting.
Alternatively, you can just watch the trilogy movies. It's pretty much same thing.

Understandable, i feel the same way on a lot of things myself personally and so far i have already grabbed the 2014 series and the first movie, didn't see the 2nd or 3rd with subbed yet from a quick search so i will hold off on those for now.

If i change my mind i will watch those first or from what you said i might just start this current one anyways and go on with it so i don't get spoiled later on from social media lol
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Oct 6, 2017 11:23 AM

Dec 2010
So they pratically split the 3 movies into 6 episodes right? In this case i skip this part and wait for the last 6 episodes.
Oct 6, 2017 11:25 AM

May 2012
Welp, time to feel again.

No changes from the movie, but it was nice seeing and hearing the new OP at least. Sadly, it uses a lotta scenes from the episode, but that small montage of all of them hanging out was pretty cute.

heinrich6745 said:

Understandable, i feel the same way on a lot of things myself personally and so far i have already grabbed the 2014 series and the first movie, didn't see the 2nd or 3rd with subbed yet from a quick search so i will hold off on those for now.

If i change my mind i will watch those first or from what you said i might just start this current one anyways and go on with it so i don't get spoiled later on from social media lol

You can find those on nya, they've all been subbed already.

I feel that's a good choice actually, though starting in airing order is fine also. Watching Washio Sumi then Yuuki Yuuna may make a scene in YuYuYu ep8 have a bit more impact as well.

Oct 6, 2017 11:28 AM

Aug 2013
Read the LN and was thinking of watching the movies. Might as well watch this first. Feels incoming.

They went right into the action and Gin went and drank the water. That's one way to avoid being drowned.

Oct 6, 2017 11:40 AM

Nov 2014
Olem said:
Welp, time to feel again.

No changes from the movie, but it was nice seeing and hearing the new OP at least. Sadly, it uses a lotta scenes from the episode, but that small montage of all of them hanging out was pretty cute.

heinrich6745 said:

You can find those on nya, they've all been subbed already.

I feel that's a good choice actually, though starting in airing order is fine also. Watching Washio Sumi then Yuuki Yuuna may make a scene in YuYuYu ep8 have a bit more impact as well.

Well damn i was there and only saw raws, must have overlooked it as i was skimming, ty for the heads up and will check again
Oct 6, 2017 12:20 PM

May 2012
So, no point watching this because it same as movie
Oct 6, 2017 12:21 PM

Mar 2012
I still prefer Sakiwafuhana but hopefully this OP grow on me latter.

Anyway there are no change between this and the movie ver. Or is it just that I'm not sensitive enough to pick the change.

Anyway I have my tissue ready for the future episode.

For this episode it is great as always.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 6, 2017 12:36 PM

Nov 2010
And it kinda is shorter than movies (if i'm not mistaken)

But still, i'm gonna watch it. i loved the movies.
Oct 6, 2017 12:50 PM
Jul 2015
Fnights said:
So they pratically split the 3 movies into 6 episodes right? In this case i skip this part and wait for the last 6 episodes.

That's what I'm gonna do too because it's like exactly the same it seems
Oct 6, 2017 1:34 PM

Mar 2016
I haven't even watched the series that was made before this, but I couldn't be bothered to watch that just for this show. It's what you call very mediocre. Think of Madoka Magica, then take out all of the twists, characters dying, dark parts... you get this. Not very great if you ask me.
Oct 6, 2017 2:06 PM
Jul 2018
Hodor98 said:
I haven't even watched the series that was made before this, but I couldn't be bothered to watch that just for this show. It's what you call very mediocre. Think of Madoka Magica, then take out all of the twists, characters dying, dark parts... you get this. Not very great if you ask me.

God, you are so wrong, it starts to become funny.
Oct 6, 2017 2:12 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty good first ep. It jumped straight into the action which was fine but a little bit confusing (it's been a while since I've seen the first season). Ost is as great as I remember. Will definitely keep watching.

Hodor98 said:

If you had bothered to watch the first series, you would've known just how wrong you are.
LyricalFantasyOct 6, 2017 2:15 PM
Oct 6, 2017 2:19 PM
Sep 2015
Hodor98 said:

No no no please don't say that. This is not Madoka at all, it's so fresh and more different than other magical girl anime. Tbh there are deaths on this anime as well, but I guess I can't show you any chatacters cause that is considered a spoiler. Please give Yuki Yuna a chance, it's a really good anime!
Oct 6, 2017 2:20 PM
Sep 2015
I watched this even though I had seen the 3 movies.

I forgot the part where Gin swallowed all the water, it was so funny!

And Nogi is still the best character for me, her cuteness kills me~

So girls celebrated their first victory by eating gelato. Togou was so formal, lol
Oct 6, 2017 2:29 PM
Jul 2016
Didn't watch the movies, i thought i'd watch the TV retelling straight away. Now i won't have to wait 6 episodes to get new content. The 3 movies are apparently 45 minutes long, so there should be pretty much no content removed, they can cover the source material in 6 episodes. Hopefully i won't be missing out on anything by watching this and not the trilogy.

The cast doesn't look very promising, i doubt i'm gonna like the two new girls as much as i do Yuuna and the gang.

Even though YuYuYu is not something you watch for it's action sequences, it still is pretty disappointing that this is the best fight they could offer us with a movie budget. Well, at least, as always, the soundtrack is AMAZING.

Hodor98 said:

You're wrong, this is what you call a fantastic Madoka Magica clone that became Madoka Rebellion in the last episode.
MouloxasOct 6, 2017 2:37 PM
Oct 6, 2017 2:36 PM

May 2015
Well, seems like it'll be exactly the same content as the movie trilogy from what I'm reading here. Guess I'll just wait for the Yuuki Yuuna sequel patiently for now.

Oct 6, 2017 2:40 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
ok, i was like "isn't this the movies in anime form?"

i guess i was right

still gonna watch though XD
Oct 6, 2017 5:04 PM

Mar 2012
Mouloxas said:
Didn't watch the movies, i thought i'd watch the TV retelling straight away. Now i won't have to wait 6 episodes to get new content. The 3 movies are apparently 45 minutes long, so there should be pretty much no content removed, they can cover the source material in 6 episodes. Hopefully i won't be missing out on anything by watching this and not the trilogy.

The cast doesn't look very promising, i doubt i'm gonna like the two new girls as much as i do Yuuna and the gang.

Even though YuYuYu is not something you watch for it's action sequences, it still is pretty disappointing that this is the best fight they could offer us with a movie budget. Well, at least, as always, the soundtrack is AMAZING.
Save the best for last. This is just opening fight after all. The real deal come from episode 4 onward. You could feel the raw emotion of character there.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 6, 2017 5:45 PM

Jul 2015
Time to enjoy the ride again.

The character interactions are so adorable, it's easy to get attached to these three girls.
Oct 6, 2017 7:18 PM
Oct 2009
didn't watch the movie i think i watch it after this series. :3
Was a nice episode. ^^
Finally see mimori chan again. x3
I really ask me why her name is wasshio sumi. :O
Oct 6, 2017 7:21 PM

Mar 2012
Tsukeru-kun said:
didn't watch the movie i think i watch it after this series. :3
Was a nice episode. ^^
Finally see mimori chan again. x3
I really ask me why her name is wasshio sumi. :O
Her birth name is Tougo Mimori but she is adopted by Washio family because of her aptitude as a Hero.
Oct 6, 2017 10:27 PM

Aug 2012
-i thought nogi was fuu for a second
-well rip gin, seeing as she's not in the first season
-oh so they've made the pact thing from the start of the show this time
-man it's too bad gin has the coolest weapon
-also it seems that togo used to be an archer
-huh i don't remember any cgi being used for the human characters in the first season of this show
-actually even with the cgi this combat segment seems pretty smooth (i wanna call it a forestize but i don't exactly remember what they called it)
-gin can give the S U C C C C C C C C C
-i thought i mistakenly gave the first yuki yuna season a high score but this episode so far is confirming that it wasn't a mistake
-huh i don't remember the girls from the first season sustaining injuries after forestization unless they went into mankai mode
-huh, did they always make offering status public like that
-man nogi's still really adorable, shame what happens to her
-"wasshi" FeelsBadMan

Man this is actually pretty melancholic considering the events of the original Yuki Yuna, just seeing Gin and Nogi just live out their normal lives. However, I don't think the transformation sequences in this show are quite as impactful as the ones in the first show but that might just be my memory failing me. I do think the sequences in the forestized world in Sumi's story is on par with the ones in the original show, especially with the use of CGI for the Vertexes (Vertices?). They look and feel different enough to be unsettling but not so much that it detracts from the show.

Also, in a stark contrast to some of the other first episodes of shows I've seen so far, things were actually happening in this episode and it seemed like every single line of dialogue was actually important to something - whether it be world-building or character-building. In general I think I'm gonna like this as much as I did the original one. In fact, I think the whole thing about this being a prequel sequel to the first season is just gonna make me enjoy the show more because I love prequels.

Haven't seen the movies so I might as well just watch this.
Oct 6, 2017 10:45 PM

Mar 2012
ThreePercent said:
-huh i don't remember the girls from the first season sustaining injuries after forestization unless they went into mankai mode
Because they don't have the protection from the fairies. You will see why latter.
Oct 6, 2017 11:09 PM

Mar 2016
mcpw said:

God, you are so wrong, it starts to become funny.
LyricalFantasy said:

If you had bothered to watch the first series, you would've known just how wrong you are.
JOELbedulla said:

No no no please don't say that. This is not Madoka at all, it's so fresh and more different than other magical girl anime. Tbh there are deaths on this anime as well, but I guess I can't show you any chatacters cause that is considered a spoiler. Please give Yuki Yuna a chance, it's a really good anime!

Mouloxas said:
You're wrong, this is what you call a fantastic Madoka Magica clone that became Madoka Rebellion in the last episode.

Well, it seems I was very wrong! Thanks for telling me that, it made me want to watch the first series on Netflix just after I finish this! Guess I'll continue.
Oct 6, 2017 11:45 PM

Dec 2013
Solid first episode. Togo having a different transformation and name made me start wondering if this was a different character that just looked exactly like her.
Oct 7, 2017 1:07 AM
Jul 2016
ThreePercent said:
However, I don't think the transformation sequences in this show are quite as impactful as the ones in the first show but that might just be my memory failing me.

Yeah, i didn't like them either. What really ticked me off was how they were gasping and panting and laughing the whole time, ruining the perfect soundtrack. And Nogi's transformation was just stupid...

Hodor98 said:
Well, it seems I was very wrong! Thanks for telling me that, it made me want to watch the first series on Netflix just after I finish this! Guess I'll continue.

You should watch the first series before watching this, otherwise you'll be lost.
MouloxasOct 7, 2017 1:10 AM
Oct 7, 2017 6:05 AM

Sep 2011
So far this is looking good, and it was one of the better uses of CG animation that I've seen in anime :o It's really interesting to hear the stark difference in the tone of Nogi's voice between the main part of the episode (where she's all cheery and upbeat) and the narration at the beginning and end (more subdued and dispirited, closer to how she was in the first series).

Can someone with a stronger grasp of Japanese explain the part at the end of the episode where Togo Sumi gets embarrassed about Nogi's mention of "collaborative effort" as the subs say? Unless I'm just being dumb because I haven't woken up all the way yet, it feels like something was lost in translation...
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Oct 7, 2017 7:03 AM

Apr 2015
Didn't watch the movies. Pressed play and immediately wondered hmm, did Hanazawa do a Yuyuyu character? Don't think so... Guess Nogi didn't really leave an impression on me in S1. (And her acting here doesn't seem that good, tone feels extremely limited)

Also wondered hmm, were the transformations that long and elaborate in S1? Don't think so...were they? No problem with them but does seem a bit too long. Fight was drab too, didn't really look movie theater-worthy

Thought it was okay overall.
Oct 7, 2017 10:37 AM

Nov 2013
So far there seems to be no changes from the movie version. The movies' fansubs do a better translation though imo.

Lanz said:
Didn't watch the movies. Pressed play and immediately wondered hmm, did Hanazawa do a Yuyuyu character? Don't think so... Guess Nogi didn't really leave an impression on me in S1. (And her acting here doesn't seem that good, tone feels extremely limited)

Also wondered hmm, were the transformations that long and elaborate in S1? Don't think so...were they? No problem with them but does seem a bit too long. Fight was drab too, didn't really look movie theater-worthy

of course Nogi wouldn't leave an impression. Do you remember the
in S1? That's Nogi. I watched the movie and I'd say the action won't be as epic as S1 since Heroes' power in year 298 is far inferior compared to 2 years later in S1. Also S1 blended the CG better imo. The story & characters' bonds are really good though, as good if not better than S1.
Oct 7, 2017 10:49 AM

Apr 2015
jejehartadi said:
So far there seems to be no changes from the movie version. The movies' fansubs do a better translation though imo.

Lanz said:

of course Nogi wouldn't leave an impression. Do you remember the
in S1? That's Nogi.

I did know that. Just didn't remember her seiyuu was HK.
Oct 7, 2017 1:21 PM

Nov 2013
Pretty decent episode though I'm not a fan of how much smaller Sumi's breast size is in this, compared to Yuuki Yuuna she looks a lot younger, I guess that's how it is in the novel, but... Anyway, I'm glad the CG was minimal and it looks great for being an OVA. I hope this will be good.
Oct 7, 2017 1:57 PM

Aug 2007
Its a long time that I see the first one with Yuuna as the protagonist. Basically One have to watched that season first to wath this.

I like the fighting scene, but I think a normal person cant drink to save herself.
Oct 7, 2017 3:48 PM

Oct 2013
These 6 episodes will be exactly the same as the 3 mini-movies earlier this year.
The only difference is that they will use more of the Hero's Notes, 2 for each episode instead of 1 per movie. We'll probably see every single Hero's Note from the LN like that.

MistLiigh said:

Can someone with a stronger grasp of Japanese explain the part at the end of the episode where Togo Sumi gets embarrassed about Nogi's mention of "collaborative effort" as the subs say? Unless I'm just being dumb because I haven't woken up all the way yet, it feels like something was lost in translation...

I think it was just something lost in translation. In the movies' subs as well, the translation felt lost despite being different than the TV's subs.

ThreePercent said:

-huh, did they always make offering status public like that

Many things have changed between Year 298 and Year 300, including these 2 questions of yours. You'll how exactly things tie in in episode 4 (?) I think.

ThreePercent said:

Also, in a stark contrast to some of the other first episodes of shows I've seen so far, things were actually happening in this episode and it seemed like every single line of dialogue was actually important to something - whether it be world-building or character-building.

Since Washio Sumi is quite shorter than Yuuki Yuuna, things need to advance quicker, so all the details you learn about Vertex/Shinju from YuYu don't get repeated in WaSu, and instead focus full-on on story, characterisation and bonding between the 3 girls.
Oct 7, 2017 9:48 PM

Feb 2013
Right into the action this time and it was AWESOME! 5/5

I didn't watch the movie version... no idea which will be "better".
Oct 7, 2017 10:15 PM

Jul 2015
Hmmm... Those transformations... I like them. I also like the girls themselves. Also like how they decided to go ahead and tackle some character issue right off the bat instead of dragging them out for more than half the series. Also like how they just jumped right into the action. I ALREADY LIKE THIS ANIME A LOT IS WHAT I'M SAYING.

Didn't finish watching the original version (got like half way and then just never got around to finishing it... I should do that), haven't seen ANY of the movies, and I haven't read or even heard of any of the source material, but as this is a prequel to the main series, I think I should be fine... hopefully... GUESS WE'LL FIND OUT.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 8, 2017 1:08 AM

Mar 2009
Wow. I'm sitting there during this episode thinking to myself, "this sounds eerily reminiscent of Nier Automata's music." Lo and behold, it's Keiichi Okabe himself. I'm relatively new to Yoko Taro's games and the world of Nier. Didn't even realize Okabe did the first season of Yuki Yuna as well. Either way, the guy's a legend and his music is always incredible. It's going to be a great season listening to his wonderful music.

As for the episode itself, pretty good. Sadly, I forgot so much about the original Yuki Yuna series. All I remember is that it was kind of tragic. And I genuinely liked it. Need to go back one day.
Oct 8, 2017 3:20 AM

Dec 2013
Pretty decent start to this "sequel". Having seen the original show, just watching this was like a refresher.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 8, 2017 3:57 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! This is it! I've been following this series for a long time since I've already watched the three movies.
It's like a rewind! The first 6 episodes is like rewinding the three movies and the next 6 episodes Nov to Dec 2017 will be the actual Season 2 after the events of Yuuki Yuuna on S1 that aired a long time ago (Oct 17, 2014 to Dec 26, 2014)
As usual, the OST of MONACA (Keichi Okabe) was Legendary EPIC! they are the one who also did the OST of NieR: Automata!
5/5!
get ready for a lot of emotional roller coaster feels!!!

Oct 8, 2017 6:22 AM

Jul 2016
The girls screaming still annoys the sh*t out of me. Almost forgot how painful and annoying the first season was with all the screaming.

Meh first episode. The fight seemed like a deja-vu from the first season and the SoL part of the episode was pretty boring. This was all expected, my hopes are extremely low for this one anyway.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Oct 9, 2017 10:13 PM

Aug 2011
Remember my word, after episode 6 this show score will reach more than 8.0.
Oct 10, 2017 2:28 PM

Oct 2008
CrazyFrogz said:

you bet! i'm with you!!

Oct 11, 2017 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
CrazyFrogz said:

You have more hope in the western anime watcher than I, lol. Even if the average watcher doesn't throw it under the bus, there is still the danger of a huge brigading from that fanbase of show that rhymes with bazooka, like they did to the original show after S2 of YuYuYu was announced.
Oct 13, 2017 6:52 PM

Jan 2015
So much excitement for their battle, I gotta say.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 13, 2017 7:49 PM

Nov 2013
@CrazyFrogz @matias067
Really optimistic XD. I like that. I really love this series but..
Somehow I could see people will be dropping this show even before ep 3 and rate it low. People nowadays don't have patient afterall, not to mention I think there are many of them who jump into the series without prior knowledge of the franchise. Since this only got 6 episodes and the scores of those who watched 1/5 of the series (1.2 ep, counted as 1 or 2?)will count, I won't expect much.

@mcpw
What fanbase?
? What did they do to the original when S2 is announced?
Oct 14, 2017 6:47 AM
Jul 2018
@jejehartadi outside of hilarious screeching on twitter and such, there is this mysterious review that got in a week almost the same amount of votes as reviews out since the show started (2014, as opposed to 2016) which is just unnatural. You can also find a lot of people who rated Washio movie 2 and 3 low scores despite not having watched either Season 1 or any other Washio movie.
Oct 19, 2017 1:11 PM

Apr 2014
its the same thing as the movie just split up through 2 eps per movie which imo they could have done without since there are no changes at all

wish all 12 eps just could have been the new stuff but whats done is done though am looking forward to the new stuff starting Nov

but for now i dont mind re watching it TV style like this as i love this series
"one step at a time"
Oct 21, 2017 10:07 PM

Oct 2017
It was okay

Upsides:

• New characters with new personalities.

Downsides:

• I know that we're all supposed to have seen Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru first, but what the hell anime? This is a prequel, so maybe a bit of exposition other than 20 seconds of monologue?
  • Although I appreciate the introductions of new characters, I find them generic.
  • That last part of the episode where Wasshi was 'becoming friend with the two others' - complete bullshit, really.
  • And what's up with Nogi-san transformation? Why kitties and chickens?

If I didn't know the anime serie, I'd probably be really hesitant to watch episode two. But then again, this is YYYA. I'm expecting something like the original: first few episodes are generics ass scratchers as the rest catch on once the climax rise in.
DinaehOct 21, 2017 10:17 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Washio Sumi no Shou Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2017

49 by Kyleeeeeeeeeea »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:35 AM

» Story order

kyearga - Feb 20, 2022

1 by RarityMoon04 »»
Feb 20, 2022 5:49 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Washio Sumi no Shou Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2017

38 by Punkero »»
Jan 31, 2022 6:25 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Washio Sumi no Shou Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2017

23 by KamijouToumaIB »»
Jan 26, 2022 12:02 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Washio Sumi no Shou Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2017

44 by Rob »»
Jan 6, 2022 12:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.