Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 5, 2017 12:04 AM

May 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Another good chapter. Jinbei saves Sunny.

And I think Luffy found a way to beat Katakuri.

No chapter next week

Oct 5, 2017 12:09 AM
Dec 2016
Luffy is just acting like a punching bag now, reminds me of the crocodile fight in alabasta.

And Jinbe is still badass, surfing a ship through a tsunami.
Oct 5, 2017 12:09 AM

Aug 2010
Jinbe officially helmsman of the ship. DAYUM!
And now other than probably Katakuri (as usual lol) everyone thinks the SHs are ded

Break nxt week sux but now with no other distractions hopefully we'll get a chp or 2 purely focused on the fight PLEEEEEAAASEEEEEEEEE
Oct 5, 2017 12:11 AM

Jan 2016
Wow, we got a chapter today! The crews power instantly sky rocketed thanks to Jinbie as they now have a very capable helmsman.

Anyways seems like we will finally focus on Luffy vs Katakuri now but we'll have to wait 2 weeks.....

Then 4 weeks of chapters and then a break and so on
Oct 5, 2017 12:26 AM

Dec 2013
Seems they actually managed to escape Big Mom for now.

No idea what happened with Luffy’s face near the end.
Oct 5, 2017 12:32 AM

Dec 2011
I expected the break coming next week and it's good we got 4 chapters in a row this time.
Anyway I knew Jinbe is their only chance to escape that wave and it was amazing seeing how Jinbe taking command. Luffy vs Katakuri climax coming next chapter i guess and that was a really weird face Luffy making the before the end of the chapter.
Oct 5, 2017 1:08 AM
Aug 2016
Jinbe officially the helmsman now mad hype he looked badass af. And him giving due credit to Sunny and Nami was awesome.

Seems like everyone thinks the SH’s are dead

Also I got a little confused on the last few pages with luffy holding his mouth then the face. Anyone got an explanation or any reasonable theories.
Oct 5, 2017 1:27 AM
Jan 2015
OsyOzo said:
Jinbe officially the helmsman now mad hype he looked badass af. And him giving due credit to Sunny and Nami was awesome.

Seems like everyone thinks the SH’s are dead

Also I got a little confused on the last few pages with luffy holding his mouth then the face. Anyone got an explanation or any reasonable theories.

^

this..not too sure either..may be he is try to protect that last shard of mirror to communicate ??
Oct 5, 2017 1:36 AM
May 2013
Jinbei for MVP

Luffy's derp face tho

Luffy needs a power up. I think that's the only way he can defeat Katakuri
Oct 5, 2017 1:44 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Jinbe, the Straw Hat Pirates' official helmsman! I was in awe witnessing the way how he saved the Sunny from the crashing tsunami, good heavens...!

That Luffy derp face caught me off-guard. xD Funny!

Hopefully it'll completely focus now on Luffy vs. Katakuri on next chapter, even if I'm gonna have to wait 2 weeks for it. Oda-sensei needs a break after all. He's on fire drawing these latest chapters. The man deserves a break!
Oct 5, 2017 1:58 AM

Oct 2015
frankykun13 said:
OsyOzo said:

^

this..not too sure either..may be he is try to protect that last shard of mirror to communicate ??

I was confused too at first. I think he didn't want Katakuri to see the mirror shard, or he just wanted to protect it to say some last words to his crew. Later he made that weird face so he can assure his crew that everything is okay. It's easier to say something in a calm voice if your face is "happier" too, or something, maybe. I think that's the most logical explanation.

--

So Oda found a role for Jinbei that he could fulfill in the crew; he's a helmsmen.

I hope we'll have an epic fight next chapter. So far Luffy couldn't do anything. There must be some sort of power-up coming up in 2 weeks.
Oct 5, 2017 2:00 AM

Nov 2015
G_Spark233 said:

OsyOzo said:

Nami and the others could still hear him so he tried to silent his scream when Katakuri hit him so they won't worry/change the plan ( I think )
If you are talking about the creepy smile at the end then he probably did it to seem happier when telling the crew to proceed with the plan.

And about the chapter.. makes me think more and more that Carrot will be the next crew member and this saddens me deeply. I hate her. Pudding, Pekoms, Ceaser, Anyone would be fine, but not Carrot.
xxxYaoiMasterOct 5, 2017 2:04 AM

Oct 5, 2017 2:01 AM

Oct 2015
Wow, look at that, they escaped just fine. It's as if climactic cliffhangers mean nothing in OP. /s

Anyway, Jinbei was the highlight of the chapter and proved to be a valid asset to the crew, almost enough to turn me around on him joining. That was tubular!

Meanwhile Katakuri went complete Joseph Joestar, and I loved it. Unsurprisingly, there's a break next week. Feel like we just had one about three chapters ago. I wonder how many volumes will be released this year.
Oct 5, 2017 2:03 AM

Mar 2015
jinbai is RAD AF... okay

katakuri on the roll

but what lufi plan? what grin is that?

escaped but not really.... danger but not really....
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 5, 2017 2:09 AM

Jul 2013
G_Spark233 said:

He is forcing a smile one his face, to ease the others' worries. 4 panels later you can see Jinbei being skeptical, because he knows Katakuri is a tough opponent
Oct 5, 2017 2:12 AM
Aug 2016
Slim_Lamie said:
frankykun13 said:

^

I was confused too at first. I think he didn't want Katakuri to see the mirror shard, or he just wanted to protect it to say some last words to his crew. Later he made that weird face so he can assure his crew that everything is okay. It's easier to say something in a calm voice if your face is "happier" too, or something, maybe. .

Yea i was looking back on it and this seems reasonable because Katakuri probably hadnt figured out that he was talking to his crew and only chased him down since he looked suspicious. Luffy probably trying to protect his crew while also communicating without interference. Also i think your idea of the his weird face is pretty spot on too since they were worried all this time so he probably wanted to give them some assurance
Oct 5, 2017 2:23 AM

Jul 2013
Jinbe for Straw Hat's confirmed, he was the MVP this arc.
Oct 5, 2017 3:25 AM

Nov 2012
Did Katakuri just make a JoJo reference?
Oct 5, 2017 3:41 AM
Sep 2012
Wow what a great chapter. Jimbei is awesome. He is a crazy man, glad he is on our side. So Nami following Luffy orders and believing in him and getting everyone out of harms ways.

I don't how much longer we can hold out, Sanji and the others better hurry up.
Oct 5, 2017 3:45 AM
Sep 2016
Because of the last page I'm starting to think that Katakuri is using his devil fruit like Cracker was. The Katakuri we see now is just a bunch of mochi made to look like a person and the real one is inside.
DragonFireKingOct 5, 2017 3:48 AM
Oct 5, 2017 4:22 AM
Oct 2013
SuperRed said:
Did Katakuri just make a JoJo reference?

No because Jojo predicts what his enemies say. Katakuri knows and he also did that a few times already, the wording was just identical to Jojo in this chapter because he was adressing Luffy, while his other predictions were targeted to a 3rd party.

3/5 on the chapter, nothing amazing happened, it was overall fun and we got something confirmed we all already knew.
Getting hyped about Jinbe joining the crew "officially" is premature as he only executes his duty as a member currently and I know Oda is going to milk the shit out of it.

Is it a 5/5 when the crew has a banquet for Jinbe too? When Luffy and him shake hands and announce his joining in a festive manner to Nami and the others? I hate when Shounen authors do that. Repeating a plotpoint several times to fill pages.
Oct 5, 2017 4:28 AM

Jul 2011
Luffy put the mirror in his mouth so Katakuri won't know that the crew still alive then Luffy smiled to them so they thought he was fine and no need to worry about him!
That was really beautiful, I love how Luffy in this arc act like captain
Oct 5, 2017 5:05 AM

Jun 2015
xxxYaoiMaster said:
And about the chapter.. makes me think more and more that Carrot will be the next crew member and this saddens me deeply. I hate her. Pudding, Pekoms, Ceaser, Anyone would be fine, but not Carrot.
What's wrong with Carrot?
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Oct 5, 2017 5:22 AM

Jun 2014
That was a pretty cool way to avoid the tsunami, so good job to Jinbe for his quick thinking. Looks like Luffy vs. Katakuri will finally resume (in 2 weeks, sadly), lets hope Luffy can actually hold his own this time.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 5, 2017 5:24 AM

Apr 2015
That's my boy Jinbe for ya.

How the hell will Luffy survive that?

Ouch another break...
Oct 5, 2017 5:43 AM

Jan 2014
The face of the winner is finally here!

Oct 5, 2017 5:56 AM
Oct 5, 2017 6:08 AM

Dec 2014
JInbei is awesome...I still wanna believe that pedro is alive
Oct 5, 2017 6:09 AM
Oct 2013

If anything it´s Katakuri´s awakening since it´s Mochi that´s sticking to the ground.
Furthermore if Oda has any creativity left any Paramecia devil fruit awakening should be unique.

Apparently zoan who follow a pattern in their transformations have all the same awakening a permanent Zoan state and high constitution. Awakened Logia would make sense to be all the same too as they all behave the same way as well.

However what´s interesting about Paramecia is the fact that most of them are unique.

So making all of them into changing the environment would be boring, Luffy changes the environment into rubber, Katakuri changes it into Mochi, Kalifa into Soap and what does Foxxyy´s awakening do? Or Boah´s? Does Foxy slow down a wider area and Boah turn the environment into stone?

He has room to come up with a plethora of ideas, why do people insist that it has to be environmental manipulation?
IsterioOct 5, 2017 7:42 AM
Oct 5, 2017 6:34 AM

Nov 2016
Boy, Jinbes steering skills are off the charts,the line where he complemented the Sunny and the navigator was so great.I love these moments when the Mugiwaras can show what they're capable off outside from combats. This is also where their true strength lies and almost no one can compete with them.

What Luffy did with the broken piece of the mirror was sick..can't wait to see the second round against Katakuri.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 5, 2017 7:32 AM

Apr 2017
Abyhape said:
The face of the winner is finally here!

Rape face.......

Oct 5, 2017 8:47 AM
Mar 2014

I'm glad at least somebody else caught this -___- . It looks like Katakuri used his awakening to stop Luffy in his tracks... The ground suddenly turned into Mochi ITSELF, he didn't just cover it.
Oct 5, 2017 10:45 AM
Oct 2017
It is only one thing and that is 'Gear 5th'.
Oct 5, 2017 12:51 PM

Jan 2016
Katakuri predicting what people will say reminds me of Joseph Joestar
Oct 5, 2017 12:53 PM

Mar 2014
I always wanted Jimbei to be the helmsman, but this maneuver was crazy. He's totally worth that position.

But why that funny face from Luffy?
Oct 5, 2017 1:16 PM

Sep 2014
Jinbe still being boss!
Luffy's face what the fuck lol that was random.
Oct 5, 2017 3:37 PM

Jun 2012
Slim_Lamie said:
frankykun13 said:

^

I was confused too at first. I think he didn't want Katakuri to see the mirror shard, or he just wanted to protect it to say some last words to his crew. Later he made that weird face so he can assure his crew that everything is okay. It's easier to say something in a calm voice if your face is "happier" too, or something, maybe. .
I'm pretty sure it wasn't only hiding their voices. He stuck the shard in his mouth and ground it into smaller pieces using his lips:

Probably not the most painless place to do it, but you can definitely see how the mirror breaks right as he's wringing his lips together like a rag. That's why he's grimacing in pain right after that. He was trying to grind it up to the point where they wouldn't connect... and after that smile he smashes the last sizable shard.

The smile was definitely to boost their morale, but he stuck it in his mouth hoping Katakuri hadn't seen it yet and probably also for the reason that it would muffle their voices while he did it... but while doing so he used his mouth to grind it up. That's also why his mouth was bleeding so much.

If you look at the panel right before he smiles at them (also at the end of the previous page), you can see where he spits it out as a lot of smaller shards. It was one solid shard when Katakuri confronted him.
Oct 5, 2017 6:34 PM
Oct 2013
OsyOzo said:

Because Luffy didn't want to let his crew to hear him scream of the pain.
Oct 5, 2017 9:16 PM

Feb 2017
Literally there's 3 things of my mind after reading that:

1)Did Katakuri made a JoJo reference?
2)Is Luffy learning how to lie?
3)No chapter next week. Aw :(

But I really love this chapter though.

5/5
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Oct 5, 2017 10:19 PM

Jul 2014
What's up with Luffy's face?
Oct 5, 2017 10:40 PM

Sep 2013
Jinbei with the wave riding skills saves the crew and luffy with the brave smile face to reassure them.
Oct 6, 2017 8:05 AM

Dec 2014
That was awesome.

The Chopper and Brook comedy in the beginning about how they were gonna die was funny. xD

Jinbei with the moves to save the crew, that panel underneath the wave was awesome. I really hope Toei can do that justice. Also with that, I guess Jinbei becomes the official helmsman? Awesome!

The panel with Nami saying, follow Luffy's orders was great.

Luffy really pulled out an amazing stunt this chapter with breaking the mirror inside his mouth. That must've been painful, but the lengths he was ent too to protect the status of his crew deserves praise. Once again I hope Toei don't censor this.

Luffy's Determination at the end was great.
Oct 6, 2017 1:50 PM
Mar 2015
Luffy's face at the end though. I think he really found a way to beat Katakuri. The question is how? Will he just eat him or bleed him to death and why did he cover his mouth?

Anyway, Jinbei was really cool in this chapter especially how he handled the situation.
Oct 6, 2017 2:12 PM

Jun 2015
What the hell was that face?
Oct 8, 2017 7:34 AM

Jan 2017
I'm so curious on how luffy will beat that mochi guy
Oct 9, 2017 11:24 AM
May 2015
Jinbei riding them into the wave was so cool. I'm excited to have Jinbei be apart of the crew as the helmsman.
lol The face Luffy made was pretty funny. Too bad One Piece will be on break next week, I really want to know how this fight is going to go.
Oct 10, 2017 8:05 AM

Apr 2016
Exciting, looking forward to seeing how Luffy gets out of this one (assuming he does). Expecting some kind of power boost considering hes totally outpowered. Jinbei! Strong addition to the crew.
Oct 13, 2017 6:24 AM

Jul 2011
One Piece Volume 87 Cover
Oct 15, 2017 4:01 AM

Aug 2014
I'm damn excited for Jinbei's role as the helmsman for the straw hats, and hoping that there will be a back story for him like the other straw hats.

Finally there is also a strong crew member that is on par with Zoro and Sanji, and hoping that he can have one-on-one battles that he deserves.
sup
Oct 15, 2017 9:52 PM

Jul 2010
soramizu said:
I'm so curious on how luffy will beat that mochi guy

Power up for sure.

I like this Mochi guy. He's cool.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Apr 23

55 by steeltec »»
May 1, 11:17 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

0 by AhriTheS3xyFox »»
May 1, 10:31 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1110 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Mar 12

64 by cry4heals »»
May 1, 5:18 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1081 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Apr 17, 2023

74 by anubela »»
May 1, 9:56 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 770 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Dec 11, 2014

50 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 11:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.