Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2018 10:24 PM
Aug 2017
Im just glad i finished this anime,
very much worth it 11/10

anticipating the anime continuation
Apr 10, 2018 3:03 AM

Jan 2014
This show was a very strange one, in terms of enjoyment, to me.

I came into this with a LOT of expectations, and at first, I mean the first 4 episodes, I was just there, very suprised about the art, waiting for this to take off and see where everyone was apparently sold so much, but then episodes 5-9 came about, and I was uncertain.

I really didn't know what to make of it, some more things happened and I thought if that was the shit hitting the fan that everyone was talking about, and I couldn't believe that that was the reason behind a MAL score of almost 9.00...

I became then unsatisfied.

Then episodes 10-13 came about, and man were they different from any previous ones.
Episode 10 made me cringe in pain, and episode 13...
Made me weep badly.
I just can't exactly remember the last time I cried so badly watching an anime.
Maybe the last one was AIR, but that was back in 2014... 4 years ago...

I had to give the anime an 8 just for the last episode.

All in all I got that the whole series was all just a big build-up for other things to come later, exactly like a slow 2-cour series is, just that the second cour is gonna be a little late.
Apr 13, 2018 5:10 PM

Mar 2014
Could've done without the kiddy romance and trap. Only reason to watch s2 would be for Nanachi and her story.
Apr 15, 2018 1:40 AM

Aug 2013
Great show and interesting story but there is one thing that bothers me which is Riko's personality. she seems unfazed by whatever is fed to her ear from her mother being dead or seeing her mother in her hallucination like it is yeah ok hello mom...maybe because she is resurrected or some sort of a curse happened to her.
solid 9/10.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Apr 16, 2018 1:05 AM

Jun 2013
Pretty good. Certainly not a high 8 or 9. Lots of cheap tactics used, really they went through the whole book of how to bring about emotions. One big thing being the fact that they are children. Simply just swapping the characters with adults would severely reduce the emotional impact of this show. I have a lot to say about this but it's 3 am and I can't elaborate all that well at the moment.

So in order to judge this show objectively, you must remove the fact that they are kids and cute small animals. What are we left with? It's an engaging and interesting world that keeps you intrigued. The pacing and story telling is pretty good. The emotional stuff is nothing new, lots of cliches there. The strongest point of Made in Abyss is the world building, which I would like to see developed further... without the sappy stuff.

7 /10. I really can't give it to them, too many cheap tactics used. Cheap doesn't mean bad, it just means easy. I am not interested in easy, I want something more nuanced than "cute things being hurt". But for what it's worth, I enjoyed it overall. For the world building alone I can't give it anything less than a 7.
ex_necrossApr 16, 2018 1:11 AM
Apr 16, 2018 6:24 AM

Mar 2018
Re-watching Made in Abyss and just realized that I haven't said anything yet. This is one of the few shows that I can give a resounding 10/10. Amazing. The animation, sound, story, characters. Addictive and wonderful. I am really happy that there will be a second season I just hope we won't have to wait too long for it.
Apr 18, 2018 11:06 PM
Apr 2018
When I finished watching this episode, it was quite impressive, but my own rating was for the story to go to 24 and then a story adventure to a new land full of endangered such end. In ep 13, it may not be true for more about the monster revenge the two children that it is not interesting as much as just adding pat enough time to make that ep.
Judging by the fact that this wife is too young because of the early end of the 8th grade
Apr 21, 2018 12:37 AM

Sep 2010
I'm glad I ended up finishing this series months later. Pleasantly surprised.
Apr 21, 2018 11:00 AM

May 2017
was not ready for dis

Apr 23, 2018 10:15 AM

May 2016
Bondrewd's true nature is now revealed for all to see. The best dad ever thinks that he's doing them a favor by making those kids practically immortal and still continues to conduct his experiments on them. The end can't really justify the means here, not at all. Mitty and Nanachi's bond was something that made me tear up to the end. Putting her down was tough, meng ;-;

At least her soul had finally rest in peace. And by doing so, Mitty even saved Riko who in turn gave them good food, calming reassurances, and the will to go on. That lewd fluffy rubbing and sexual tension-filled bath scene gave me quite the chuckle. I really liked seeing the preparations they did before going further down.

I'll have to say that this last episode's quality caused me to finally nudge up the score I was about to give to a 10 ♥ Since the art was beautiful throughout, the music was great, the characters were much fun to be with, and the world there is interesting, it's not so unjustified that I call this a masterpiece~

Apr 25, 2018 12:27 PM

Sep 2017
So, I liked Bondrewd. He was a cool villain and possibly the coolest character on the show, once you get past his experiments and all that.

FMA:B again(Child experiments and 2 people experimented and what not?). But I don't care much now for that. However, if you just slow down during the moment of Milly's death, you can hear her whisper "Milly" instead of her usual sound. Let that sink in.

This scene.

In an anime, always beware a Genki Girl. They are known to die in such unusual manners. Like Sayori from DDLC, Maes Hughes and Nina Tucker from FMAB and so on and so forth.

Atleast the usagi got a good meal after a long time.

The naked bath scenes of lolis did it for me. This is just a happy go series pretending to be gory for me.

Score: 5/10. Quite predictable series and didn't live up to my expectations. No reliable ending either.
And we are left with a bunch of questions. I think they will be resolved in their own time. Nothing is bothering me however except .....

HOW THE HELL DID THEY GET AWAY WITH COPYING A FMA:B ARC AND NOT GET SUED FOR IT? THAT'S GOT TO BE ILLEGAL IN 198 COUNTRIES.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 26, 2018 4:13 PM

Sep 2010
Great show! 10/10 from me.

If the manga has more chapters available I might start reading that.

Made In Abyss kind of reminds me of Ni no Kuni with the 'missing mom.'

I like adventure/drama series a lot.
Apr 27, 2018 2:29 PM

Sep 2013
10/10 Series.

I've started reading the Manga, and ooh boy, does it get....well, lets just say BonDad is best ;^)

Can't wait for the next season.
May 2, 2018 3:07 AM
Mar 2010
Recent fantasy anime from the past decade has been so mediocre and disappointing. They don't bring anything unique or well done to the table. They lack the imagination and passion which truly elevates the genre from others

But then came this show and it rejuvenated and rekindled the feelings and imagination of my younger days. I was totally lost in its world.

The best fantasy world in the past decade. What a pleasure it was to experience this. 9.5/10
May 20, 2018 9:54 AM
Jan 2016
Now i really want them to take a level in badass because it seems that meeting Bondrewd is a question of when, not if.
Aug 10, 2018 2:48 PM

Dec 2015
RIP Mitty! I honestly cried...

Well, that was quite the journey, and we're nowhere near the ending. I look forward to what season 2 will bring. Hopefully, we'll get a release date soon cause I really enjoyed this anime.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 14, 2018 12:17 AM
Jul 2015
Sadness, sorrow, misery, oh i couldnt stop my tears. This was the best isekai anime ive ever seen, 10/10. All aspect within is perfect.
Aug 21, 2018 6:14 PM
Dec 2014
The word building of this anime is the best I ever seen
Sep 6, 2018 11:54 AM

Sep 2014
dariken said:
10/10

Even with unfinished storyline, it's 10/10. Ultra rare for me to give any show that doesn't wrap story up completely this rating.

I'm in the same situation! For the stellar storytelling I had to give out a 10, it's now or never amirite?

Holy hell, I can't believe this show had so much raw power.
This show absolutely blew me away which for me is indicative of a masterpiece.

Sep 14, 2018 7:50 PM

May 2010
I was super engaged in this last arc and all, but I honestly didn't get as emotionally attached to this as I thought I would. Which is super weird, because normally I cry over waaaay lighter stuff, but whatever. It was still hard to watch!

Loved the setting, soundtrack and ESPECIALLY design of the characters. Definitely gonna read the manga in the near future, from what I've seen the artstyle is freaking mad out there, looks even more impressive than in animated form!

Btw - Nanachi might be cool and all, but still best girl title belongs to Ouzen easily, she stole my heart, I miss her so muuuuch~

Not my favourite adventure series, but I had great time watching it, and gladly will check out the sequel! 8/10
Sep 15, 2018 2:52 PM

Nov 2017
What a horrible story for Mitty and the other kids.
Sep 27, 2018 8:19 PM

Jun 2017
So I finally got around to watching this show. Glad I did. It was good but I was not blown away so I feel all the hype it got while airing was a bit misplaced.

Riko was a little to dumb and naive of an MC for my liking (your mileage may vary.)

Those last 3 episodes tho. Wow. A lot of very intense moments.

Overall a very enjoyable series and I hope we get more in the future. Plus the music score was great too.

Favorite Characters: Ozen & Nanachi
Sep 28, 2018 6:18 PM

May 2013
Finally finished. This series was a fun watch, although I still do not see why it gets such a high rating. Those last three episodes in contrast to the rest was very good. Tbh I became more interested in Nanachi's story than the actual main one. Riko is an annoying main protagonist, and Reg is pretty useless for what he can do. Then again, they are just kids. Nanachi easily my favorite character. Still deciding between 7 or 8 for this show. It would have been a 7 but those last three episodes are making me think otherwise. Great show, glad I watched!
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Oct 7, 2018 4:22 AM

Oct 2016
It clearly paints itself a second season, oh my 10/10
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Oct 21, 2018 12:56 PM
Jul 2018
Episodes with Nanachi were far more engaging than the ones prior to her introduction. I wish the whole anime was as strong as these last 3 episodes. The beginning was also strong. Riko was a poor protagonist and the middle of this anime was repetitive and dragged. Overall, I'm giving this a 7/10
Oct 21, 2018 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
yuurishibooty said:
I felt more raw emotion for the Nanachi 2 episode story arc than I've felt for our protagonists the whole anime. Honestly I'd be down if the main girl never woke up shes lowkey annoying. These past couple episodes were so strong with just Nanachi and Reg.

6/10 I took points off because of the obvious shota/lolicon shit in this (don't say it's not there it is)

Exactly what I was thinking. The show was poorly paced.
Oct 29, 2018 11:42 AM
Jul 2013
Definitely looking forward to a 2nd season, but not considering it a masterpiece.
Pacing a bit too slow, main characters not exactly original or engaging.
OP and ED were so so, but the BGM, oh am I happy to discover it's an original soundtrack. All this time I thought it's just a selection, need to check it out.
Will also surely keep an eye out for Kinema Citrus.
I'll give them an 8 for hard work and consistency, and a good emotional story.
Oct 31, 2018 6:11 AM
Jan 2018
Noodzilla said:
was not ready for dis

Worst moment ever
Nov 2, 2018 4:30 PM
Nov 2018
It was very emotional. I could feel the characters's pain and sadness. Loved this episode.
Nov 11, 2018 9:14 AM

Nov 2016
couldnt really get in to MIA. as the bestest mofoing daddy in the world, seeing kids go through that is painful. pretending they were hobbits (like naruto) wasnt enough to quell my guilt.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Nov 11, 2018 11:46 AM

Jun 2016
Not really a tearjerker for me, but story-wise this is the saddest i've ever watched.

Not even anohana, sakurasou, angel beats, fairy tail the cringy, naruto, or even clannad can rival this anime. (anything i missed?)

Hope there'll be a season 2 but i don't really know what to expect (never follows the original source, manga is it?)
Nov 11, 2018 1:19 PM

Dec 2008
I liked this show immensely although the 13th episode was pretty sad. I'm anxiously waiting for a 2nd season to materialize.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Nov 13, 2018 2:39 PM

Mar 2018
One of the best season finale I've ever seen, it was hard, emotionnal, and heartwarming. I thought the show was a bit boring for the majority of the season. Beautiful, but too contemplative for my taste. Then ep. 10 happened and suddently I cared way more about what was happening, and from there it was absolutly glorious.

9/10 will watch season 2
Nov 22, 2018 11:49 PM

Oct 2013
I haven’t been this invested in a show for awhile. This final episode managed to bring all the feels. Personally Ricko isn’t my ideal main character to follow, but now since Nananachi has joined I can’t wait for season 2.
Nov 24, 2018 8:29 PM

Jun 2014
pretty much skipped through the entire first half-hour. Didnt give two shits about furry blob girl's backstory. Just incinerate the damn thing

It was an okay show; but kinda mediocre ending; I wouldnt mind if this gets a 2nd season, as long as it does end at that point. Theyre more than halfway to the bottom, assuming there arent more layers than what has been mapped.

6/10 for me. The show's kinda overrated from what most people say. It was a good story, but not the most engaging; it was just kinda chill. And on the other hand, there are some people who say "the first 4 episodes were amazing, and the rest was boring." I disagree with this also. I felt like the series had a consistent quality the whole way through. As for the story, it flat out tell what adventure they going on, and they do it. And there was an even balance between the downward exploration and the two resting points.
Dec 16, 2018 5:54 AM

Dec 2017
papsoshea said:
That was a really good episode, even though it was 40 minutes it felt less than that. Can't wait for the next season.
I began watching this series because someone mentioned it in one of Goblin Slayer discussion pages while I was enjoying reading your (exchange of) arguments in the forum.
It turned out really great for me. This series offers everything I couldn't get from Goblin Slayer. Now it got me thinking whether I should start reading the manga... 🤔
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 30, 2018 7:34 PM
Aug 2018
Wow. Such an amazing serious. This is one of the best shows I've watched in a while. The finale really made me fall in love with this show. Especially, Nanachi got me really hooked to this series. The animation and music were perfect throughout the show. The OST, Hanezeve Caradhina (ft.Takeshi Saito), was so great that I continually listen to it on repeat.

This series is truly special. I give it a 9/10.
Jan 4, 2019 1:17 AM
Jan 2015
4/10
one of anime that is hard to rate

the setting and character of this anime was good , but I totally cannot stand Riko
she was too loud and annoying , even for a 12 years old kid

every episode with Riko : 1-3
other episode : 6-8

Jan 4, 2019 1:19 AM

May 2015
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
pretty much skipped through the entire first half-hour. Didnt give two shits about furry blob girl's backstory. Just incinerate the damn thing

It was an okay show; but kinda mediocre ending; I wouldnt mind if this gets a 2nd season, as long as it does end at that point. Theyre more than halfway to the bottom, assuming there arent more layers than what has been mapped.

6/10 for me. The show's kinda overrated from what most people say. It was a good story, but not the most engaging; it was just kinda chill. And on the other hand, there are some people who say "the first 4 episodes were amazing, and the rest was boring." I disagree with this also. I felt like the series had a consistent quality the whole way through. As for the story, it flat out tell what adventure they going on, and they do it. And there was an even balance between the downward exploration and the two resting points.

Of course the ending will be mediocre when you skip half of it. Like wtf? The reason it's emotional is BECAUSE of the backstory. You might as well have not watched the show at all if you were so willing to skip important parts.

Jan 4, 2019 7:22 PM

Aug 2018
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Of course the ending will be mediocre when you skip half of it. Like wtf? The reason it's emotional is BECAUSE of the backstory. You might as well have not watched the show at all if you were so willing to skip important parts.

Why even bother responding to such a low bait edge-lord, I mean c'mon.
Jan 4, 2019 9:28 PM

Jun 2014
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Yeah, no, sorry, it wasnt "sad" or "emotional" at all. It was just annoying to watch something that was obvious. It doesnt bother me if you introduce a new character in the last few episodes of a show and then kill her off a few episodes later. But expecting me to have feelings for that character is just tasteless to watch. If you want me to care about a new character that we havent invested any time with, dont bother doing it with a boring super-long flashback. "important parts" lmao

Again, I didnt hate the show; I enjoyed it; just didnt like the ending
Jan 4, 2019 11:54 PM

May 2015
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Yeah, no, sorry, it wasnt "sad" or "emotional" at all. It was just annoying to watch something that was obvious. It doesnt bother me if you introduce a new character in the last few episodes of a show and then kill her off a few episodes later. But expecting me to have feelings for that character is just tasteless to watch. If you want me to care about a new character that we havent invested any time with, dont bother doing it with a boring super-long flashback. "important parts" lmao

Again, I didnt hate the show; I enjoyed it; just didnt like the ending

How are you going to say it wasn't emotional when you didn't watch it?

Jan 5, 2019 12:18 PM

Jun 2014
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Its called skimming, k? You use the right arrow to jump forward 3sec
Jan 5, 2019 7:53 PM

May 2015
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Its called skimming, k? You use the right arrow to jump forward 3sec

Lol. That's still retarded, but ok bud.

Jan 9, 2019 9:28 AM

Feb 2016
What a descent that has been. Season 2 where??
Jan 10, 2019 4:10 AM
Jul 2018
I don't really know what to think about this anime. Everything in this show was just... fantastic. It was roller coaster of emotions. The first episodes was more rosier than the last episodes. But after episode 10... It was very DARK. Sometimes, it was painful to see.

The finale was amazing.

What a journey.
9.5/10

Jan 11, 2019 7:27 AM
Jul 2017
I wasn't expecting much other than amazing scenery when I started this anime but holy sht this anime was good not only in scenery but also in writing, the characters and the music is always nice too! I'm glad I started this anime
Jan 20, 2019 7:09 AM
Oct 2018
Really disappointing ending. I was really impressed with the series til now, but then they barely-introduce a barely-a-character, only to immediately kill her off, in order to cut-and-paste an emotional climax for the finale?

And they completely drop the whole trip that's been the focus of the whole series... except in the finale (til literally 5 minutes from the end), where they just drop in this stuff that might as well be from another series altogether.

Also the weird, pointless (unless its *meant* to be pedo-bait) sexual stuff with these child characters was creepy af.

Maybe I just had too high expectations, because the rest of the series seemed like it was going somewhere. I was expecting to give MiA a 9, but now I'm thinking 7 or even 6.
Feb 3, 2019 3:07 PM

May 2014
Last couple episodes were great! I think Nanachi and Midi are good characters, almost wish there was more about them. I don't like Riko and Reg that much, that's what weakens the show for me a bit. Too much wailing and cliche boring romance... hope next season will have them be a little tougher and focus more on the plot/abyss.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Feb 13, 2019 10:42 AM
Dec 2017
10/10 Masterpiece. I've been watching a lot of average and mediocre anime recently, and I've gotten really tired of it. So I decided to watch something highly rated and recommend. Which is this show, Made in abyss.

Man was I blown away! Great Original storytelling, the whimsical fantasy art style, and the superb soundtrack. Now it could be that I was watching crappy anime for so long, that I'm over exaggerating this great anime. But I don't think that's the case.

I watched all 13 episodes in ONE day. I've never done that before. So that why I'm giving Made in abyss the rare 10/10 Masterpiece score.

I'm also going to read the manga.
Pages (16) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2017

235 by ipolux »»
Apr 30, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2017

180 by eWEQRW123123 »»
Apr 19, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Are the movies cannon…?

Skylar-whoo - Apr 15

21 by Skylar-whoo »»
Apr 15, 7:43 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2017

190 by SanessyAdversary »»
Mar 24, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

EasyGo-er - Sep 8, 2017

607 by MhmoudAlAbbas »»
Mar 24, 7:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.