Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2017 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Priest Julia is such a complex man imo. Everything he says feels like it's a riddle.

The thrilling moments of the episode came in the second half and well, I guess it was tense enough. I still think this whole case feels dull though with the murder and how society reponds to them.

Sep 15, 2017 8:55 AM

Aug 2013
Julia came back and purposely threw the guys in the 'Room of Death' to see if they would use the last riddle as a clue.

So the case is solved. One more episode.

Sep 15, 2017 9:29 AM

May 2010
i swear im losing brain cells just watching this.
Sep 15, 2017 9:57 AM

Jun 2015
Another case has been solved. Julia asked Hiraga and Robert to join his organization, but they refused and were sent to the Room of Death. They made it out alive. Something happened to Ryota. He doesn't look good.
Sep 15, 2017 10:37 AM

Jun 2014
I wish the pacing of the show was better. It's pretty annoying when I finally grasp what they're talking about and then 5 more things are thrown at me in the span of a minute.

I actually thought this case was going to stretch into the final episode, but they took care of everything here. Perhaps if it did go into the finale, the resolution of the case wouldn't feel like it was going at lightning speed. Whatever though, they resolved everything, there was closure for the relatives of the deceased, and the captives were freed. Father Julia remains mysterious with his cunning schemes and managed to avoid getting caught.

Just one more episode, I wonder what's going to happen to Hiraga's brother.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 16, 2017 4:04 AM
Nov 2016
Damn, father Julius mysterious AF...
Sep 16, 2017 6:40 AM

Jun 2016
In the span of 11 episodes, all the so-called miracles they investigated were bullshit and manipulated by the religious people themselves, and it involves a deeper bullshit.

That reveal with the well, though, I really loved that part. Those poor people trapped by fucking Father Julia and his colleagues or whatever they're called for experiments. Glad they're finally saved. Jesus.

Another mystery solved. Fuck you, Father Julia.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 16, 2017 9:51 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Now then lets see whats inside the well in the forest then. The little recap of the previous episodes events though was nice. So they drugged their lead actress to allow them to get a more realistic performance then. Cruel of them. Never expected them to find a magic circle drawn around the well. Given the situation that the four of them were in it is no surprise that Antonio and Teresa will fall for each other over their shared problems. The hypothesis from Roberto though does make a lot of sense though. So the well was hiding such a wide passage beneath them. To think that the passage actually uses the same events thats in the tale though. This passage old as it is has some pretty impressive mechanisms inside it though. Its funny how a old fairy tail is the main clue that they are relying upon here though. Wow to think that they will find an entire settlement that lived underground all of their lives though. So their masters were using these people to print out fake bills. Real crafty of them to do it underground and using slaves though. Its really sad that this settlement and its people have been living underground for so long though. Wow so Father Julia was actually the mastermind behind this little operation of theirs then.

Now that was unexpected. To think that Julia would invite them to join him though. Man their intel gathering skills sure are top notch though. Its nice that even in the face of temptation that Hiraga is able to stand firm though. To think that they will be put in a room to drown to death by the enemy though. The puzzle that they had to solve to get out of their room was pretty ingenious when combined with the desperate situation. So that room led back to the church though. Well that was a rather narrow escape from that room though. Good thing Roberto was good at maths though. But at least the people living underground were freed though too bad Julia managed to get away. To think that the miracle itself was a cover to cover the departure of the bills every morning though. Really smart move. To think that the father actually froze to death because he had stowed away on a plane by hiding in the bottom. I guess it still counts as falling from a great height and getting frozen in the process. In the end im glad that everyone that was affected by that incident in the past had some sort of closure. An interesting episode and can't wait to see how this ends next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2017 12:41 PM
Sep 2017
honestly at this point im hoping for a second season so they can get more episodes, a bigger budget and their shit together.

i feel like this anime has so much potential but it's hindered by the terrible pacing.
Sep 16, 2017 12:45 PM

Jun 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
I wish the pacing of the show was better. It's pretty annoying when I finally grasp what they're talking about and then 5 more things are thrown at me in the span of a minute.

That's exactly what I think. I also fail to see how they can wrap this up with only one episode left.
Sep 16, 2017 1:46 PM

Jul 2016
pseudoalchemy said:
honestly at this point im hoping for a second season so they can get more episodes, a bigger budget and their shit together.

i feel like this anime has so much potential but it's hindered by the terrible pacing.

Not only that, but I'd also love to see what other mysteries they solve. If they don't make a second season, I'll probably check out the manga :P
Sep 16, 2017 8:13 PM

Oct 2015
Dang is cocaine really that sensational? I wonder what they'll do for the last episode considering they already solved this case.
Sep 17, 2017 3:09 AM

Oct 2008
Preist Julia is back as main antagonist! and he runs an underground facility of producing counterfeit bills!
yes it's weird that Priest Julia didn't indeed to kill them on that drowning trap may be because he really wants to test the skills of boths SHIMP-SAMAs! lolz
4/5.

Sep 17, 2017 10:16 PM

Sep 2015
I can;t figure out what Julia is thinking. I think last episode will be his end however. He got away for now but I don't think this case is solved until he is caught.
And Ryouta seems to be in serious condition next ep, I wonder if Julia did something.
Sep 18, 2017 5:38 AM
Mar 2012
Cool all the (ridiculous) pieces fit together, as far back as Amy's lost child, Julia being cryptic but always for Galdoune, messed up cocaine love quad + drug dealer friend etc. 1st arc episode on car show them passing by the company moving crates with suspicious checkered like the harlequin, I thought it's foreshadowing another organization like hitler arc, and yep both are hidden underground.
Frozen guilty priest on a plane...
Sep 21, 2017 1:01 PM

Apr 2009
TrashDax said:
thebrentinator24 said:

That's exactly what I think. I also fail to see how they can wrap this up with only one episode left.

When it comes to pacing, I think this show has been like a rollercoaster ride since the first episode. I think the major problem is that this show only has 12 episodes. I believe shows like this could really use more time to flesh out the story at a nicer pace. The makers of this show just crammed so many stuffs in each episode and throws them at our faces every 5 minutes. Ugh.

I think they aren't gonna wrap anything up with the last episode. Maybe leave things up in the air, kinda like a cliffhanger, with "And so the two priests' journey continues... blah blah" kind of ending. Maybe even the Father Julia escaping like a typical cartoon villain at the end. Again. Sigh.
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Oct 15, 2017 7:31 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, very impressed by this episode. Wasn't expecting such a big connection with everything. I'm happy that they explained it and it's not just random cases, even when you think they are random...they arent xD
The last episodes were really good.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 16, 2017 10:15 PM

Oct 2012
I loved how within just 30 seconds of making it to the campsite they found a stash of hidden cans missed by the investigators 32 years prior. And then gold miners who's families have survived underground for 800 years and a hidden counterfeit factory. This show has totally jumped the shark but I'm having fun riding the waves.
Oct 25, 2017 6:00 PM

May 2012
Quite the intense episode, really liked it and looking forwards to see what the last episode will have to offer!
May 5, 2019 9:09 AM
Jul 2017
None of this makes sense even by anime standards. No way you could keep generations of teenage kids out of a forbidden forest. Hiding people in a cave for hundreds of years (through WW2 and all that)? Falling Fathers from the sky and... developing a hallucinogenic "miracle" to cover up the sound of moving trucks?

As far as pacing goes, if this arc had been expanded (and all of the inconsistencies removed) and used as the basis for the first season then maybe this would have been a decent series.

Or they could have gone the opposite extreme and reached max campiness levels / meme-worthy moments. When this arc started with the words "we're going into the forbidden forest to find the decapitating clown!" I thought we were headed in that direction.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Mar 27, 2020 3:12 AM

Dec 2013
Oh wow, Father Julia is back and mysterious as ever, huh? It's nice to see Father Hiraga defended Father Roberto and I laughed at that investigator with Polka dot necktie lol when he called out his mom. Good thing those people living in those holes got freed.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jul 6, 2020 6:46 AM

Mar 2010
Whats up with these outfits ? That investigator really sucks. Why is he so screamish ==
I feel bad for those people that are trapped
Aug 18, 2020 5:08 PM

Jan 2010
I love how this anime runs the gambit of "EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED"

This is like a conspiracy theorist's wetdream. Also, I think it's a fatal flaw in the whole scheme to have really loud trucks driving underground, or to have so much cocaine in the church altar space that it's literally dust in the air.
ShockedAug 18, 2020 5:16 PM
Dec 26, 2023 5:16 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Well, let it be known I’m a golden dumbass lol. I wrote a post on episode 10 thinking I had just watched that episode, but it was actually episode 11, and I was criticizing how they speedran this case near the end but in actuality it was me who was speedrunning the show lol, I did go back and watch 10 after this one tho and let’s just say things make a lot more sense, and I like this arc’s conclusion and the arc in general a lot more now. So going into the stuff with this episode, some of the big reveals being Father Julia ending up reappearing as the clown after the priests and detectives explored the underground labyrinth and discovered a counterfeit money operation being conducted by an agriculture company which also connects to the House of Galdoune, which Father Julia is a part of.

This is where Julia reveals that the one who died before was his “failure of a brother”, I wish we would have got more details with that but cool, and the baby that disappeared is under the care of Galdoune. So now we have answers we didn’t have to the last arc which I appreciate, and after that came explaining the miracle of the Jesus statue and the conclusion to what happened in that video that started all this, the combination of the thermocolor paint and cocaine would certainly create a “miracle” lol. And this part was greatly helped by actually having watched episode 10, the stuff with Father Trones and Teresa was more satisfying, looking back on it I don’t know how I didn’t realize I had skipped an episode lol, the story really is upsetting tho and I’m glad the priests’ and detectives’ combined efforts shedded light on the mystery.

So to cap it all off, don’t accidentally skip episodes and things will make sense lol, so now I do really liked this final arc of the show (although it was still pretty fast near the end), and I look forward to seeing what the last episode and OVA have to offer.
TheColonel76Dec 26, 2023 5:22 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2017

70 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 20, 8:22 PM

» Light Novel - for those who want to follow the story

Willowspell - Sep 26, 2017

10 by little_raven »»
Feb 9, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2017

42 by little_raven »»
Feb 6, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2017

73 by little_raven »»
Feb 6, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2017

33 by TheColonel76 »»
Dec 21, 2023 6:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.