Forums
New
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 29, 2017 11:05 AM
Jul 2018
well i still havent heard someone not getting a boner from TLR
Aug 29, 2017 11:06 AM

Jun 2016
Noragami. I get why someone wouldn't really call it ''amazing'' or a ''masterpiece'' like I do, but I will never understand how someone can ''hate it''. The characters are so well-developed and likable, the animation and soundtrack is great and I'll never understand the people who would give it a 2 or a 1.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Aug 29, 2017 11:15 AM

Aug 2016
Hunter X Hunter (2011)

It's too much of an objective masterpiece to hate on.
Aug 29, 2017 11:21 AM

Feb 2010
Red_Ryu12345 said:
Pullman said:

That's honestly one of the worst reasons for disliking it I heard so far. If they can't differentiate between homages and references and paying your respect to what influenced you, and 'ripping off' I can't take them very seriously. Seems like a very narrow, black and white way of looking at things.

He considered them less of homages and references and more of the anime just straight up stealing.

I don't agree with him, granted I have not seen most if any of the movies he was talking about. But I get where he was coming from and maybe why he felt the way he did.

I mean they are objectively speaking homages and references, Watanabe talks about it a lot in interviews and commentary about she show and anyone with a basic grasp of what the show is trying to do knows that.
It just seems like an arbitrary excuse that you could say about any show with parody or reference elements if you want to hate on it and decide that 'it rips off' because that always sounds like a 'valid criticism'. Choosing to see it that way instead of seeing it as the references they are documented to be just seems like grasping at straws to say something negative about the show.

This is actually one of the very few kinds of criticism that I can confidently say are objectively wrong and can't just be excused with saying 'it's an opinion' or a difference in taste. It's simply a wrong opinion based on not understanding the intentions of the show...

But whatever, I don't want to make you argue in his stead.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 29, 2017 11:21 AM

Nov 2016
0. None. No anime is perfect objectively. Same as books and video games, there are always people that can pick out flaws in anything. For example I can pick out flaws in anime. One such flaw is Death Notes second half.
Aug 29, 2017 11:24 AM
Aug 2011
Pullman said:
Red_Ryu12345 said:

He considered them less of homages and references and more of the anime just straight up stealing.

I don't agree with him, granted I have not seen most if any of the movies he was talking about. But I get where he was coming from and maybe why he felt the way he did.

I mean they are objectively speaking homages and references, Watanabe talks about it a lot in interviews and commentary about she show and anyone with a basic grasp of what the show is trying to do knows that.
It just seems like an arbitrary excuse that you could say about any show with parody or reference elements if you want to hate on it and decide that 'it rips off' because that always sounds like a 'valid criticism'. Choosing to see it that way instead of seeing it as the references they are documented to be just seems like grasping at straws to say something negative about the show.

This is actually one of the very few kinds of criticism that I can confidently say are objectively wrong and can't just be excused with saying 'it's an opinion' or a difference in taste. It's simply a wrong opinion based on not understanding the intentions of the show...

But whatever, I don't want to make you argue in his stead.

I agree with you, just that it was a reason I saw he didn't like it and he didn't seem to care about that being a possibility.

But yeah won't continue this further since I would be arguing a point even I don't agree with.
Aug 29, 2017 11:29 AM

Apr 2016
A Studio Ghibli movie. Can't really hate on Hotaru no Haka or Spirited Away.
Aug 29, 2017 11:30 AM

Oct 2015
@Rei366 I might just be dense then, and I rarely check reviews and/or forums anyways.

On a side note, I personally don't UNDERSTAND how people can hate/dislike Ghibli movies at least.
Aug 29, 2017 11:34 AM

May 2016
Everyone has their own taste and because of that people tend to hate some really popular ones
Aug 29, 2017 11:36 AM

Feb 2010
Wysteria_ said:
@Rei366 I might just be dense then, and I rarely check reviews and/or forums anyways.

On a side note, I personally don't UNDERSTAND how people can hate/dislike Ghibli movies at least.

Miyazaki tends to have weak scripts. Well, not really since he doesn't have a script per se before he starts drawing, it's more like he makes the story up as he goes so it fits with the art he's drawing. So in that sense if you're super plot-focused and want the story to be intricately structured from start to finish and don't care about the visual aspect his movies might not have a whole lot to offer, or at least most of them. His unique way of working is what makes his movies feel so special, but it's also a potential weakness because it means the plot/narrative isn't very well-planned beforehand and if you know that it's pretty obvious in most of his movies too.

The other reason I've heard people mention is not liking the environmental aspect he almost always tend to shoehorn in to some degree. Probably climate change deniers

Now if we're talking Takahata, I can't think of many reasons to hate his movies. But I guess them being more about characterization and slice of life stuff might make them boring for some people.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 29, 2017 11:42 AM
Jun 2017
Darek said:
Death note is trash and that has nothing to do with its popularity, jesus fucking christ.

OT: No such anime exists.
H-how dare you! You're a monster!

I saw Death Note before I got involved in the anime community, so I never get hyped up or heard anything good about it. I went in completely blind and I loved it. Rated a 10/10 and became my most favorite show of all time.

Even now it's #2.

-Code Geass
-Death Note
-Game of Thrones

The 3 greatest shows of all time!
Aug 29, 2017 11:56 AM

Oct 2015
Pullman said:
Wysteria_ said:

Miyazaki tends to have weak scripts. Well, not really since he doesn't have a script per se before he starts drawing, it's more like he makes the story up as he goes so it fits with the art he's drawing. So in that sense if you're super plot-focused and want the story to be intricately structured from start to finish and don't care about the visual aspect his movies might not have a whole lot to offer, or at least most of them. His unique way of working is what makes his movies feel so special, but it's also a potential weakness because it means the plot/narrative isn't very well-planned beforehand and if you know that it's pretty obvious in most of his movies too.

The other reason I've heard people mention is not liking the environmental aspect he almost always tend to shoehorn in to some degree. Probably climate change deniers

Now if we're talking Takahata, I can't think of many reasons to hate his movies. But I guess them being more about characterization and slice of life stuff might make them boring for some people.

I actually didn't know about this. But again I guess it's subjective. But I have a weakness for uniquely wirtten scripts and I often don't even bother to see it from another perspective than my own (i'm selfish and heartless i know). And even though I'm not always in for the plot I can't really see any major flaws in the actual plot in Miyazaki's movies, concerning that they're "written" by the art at first.
Aug 29, 2017 11:59 AM
Aug 2017
Aslt said:
OyAlinDesu said:

My personal example : Death Note . I think it's such a good anime that one could only hate on its popularity ( you know , hipsters ) .

^one of the most retarded sentences I've seen in a while

Damn, I just took that bait :^(

Thank you for the compliment . And for respecting my opinion .
Aug 29, 2017 12:03 PM

Dec 2016
OyAlinDesu said:
Aslt said:

^one of the most retarded sentences I've seen in a while

Damn, I just took that bait :^(

Assuming people would have no reason to dislike a certain show other than because of its popularity and calling them hipsters isn't exactly respectful either. Respect isn't something you can just ask for. People will respect you only if they want to and/or have reasons for it. Cya.
AsstheteMar 23, 2018 2:39 AM
Aug 29, 2017 12:04 PM
Aug 2017
Pixel_Vapour said:
0. None. No anime is perfect objectively. Same as books and video games, there are always people that can pick out flaws in anything. For example I can pick out flaws in anime. One such flaw is Death Notes second half.

Indeed , to some people that second half is a flaw . Even so , i don't think that is a good reason to hate it from the bottom of your heart .
Aug 29, 2017 12:10 PM
Jul 2018
Ranma 1/2, Kyoukai no RIN-IE, Sailor Moon (90's), Magic Knight Rayearth, The Slayers, WataMote, Cardcaptor Sakura, some of Futari Wa Precure series, Fruits Basket, Serial Experiments Lain, and many more, these are some of the anime that I could quite possibly never ... actually, let me re-frase that, I would NEVER hate on, ever.
Aug 29, 2017 12:14 PM
Aug 2017
CatchyUsername said:
OyAlinDesu said:

Assuming that people would have no reason to dislike a certain show besides because of its popularity, therefore calling them hipsters isn't exactly respectful. Joking or not, respect isn't something you can demand. People will respect you or not only if they want to and/or have reasons for it. Cya.

Yeah , that was quite rude for me to say , should've put more thought in it. On a side note , i'm not demanding anybody's respect , i just think that a mutual respect for each other's opinions is required for a civilized discussion . No matter how you look at it , calling someone/something retarded is more rude than calling somebody a hipster .
Aug 29, 2017 12:23 PM

Feb 2016
Literally none, you're being delusional with this "you only hate it cause it's popular" mindset

@Zeruk There are people who find Mushishi freaking boring, as much as i like it...

@Williemeister Being frankly, i think that Steins;Gate sucks a whole lot
Aug 29, 2017 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
Williemeister said:
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:

Gurren Lagann is way too over the top for a lot of people. I dropped it.

And Steins;Gate starts out incredibly slow. Haven't been able to finish it yet...

Fair enough on Gurren Lagann. But for the same reason as you mentioned, i dont take opinions about the show from people who havent finnished the Steins;gate very seriously.

So you don't think Steins;Gate has serious pacing problems?

I love Ergo Proxy, but I have no problem admitting it has terrible pacing. Just because you like something, doesn't mean you should deny its flaws.
Aug 29, 2017 12:30 PM

Aug 2017
I don't know how anyone could hate Redline, shit just exudes personality in every single frame.
Aug 29, 2017 12:34 PM

May 2015
None... except Dash! Kappei

OyAlinDesu said:
CatchyUsername said:

Assuming that people would have no reason to dislike a certain show besides because of its popularity, therefore calling them hipsters isn't exactly respectful. Joking or not, respect isn't something you can demand. People will respect you or not only if they want to and/or have reasons for it. Cya.

Yeah , that was quite rude for me to say , should've put more thought in it. On a side note , i'm not demanding anybody's respect , i just think that a mutual respect for each other's opinions is required for a civilized discussion . No matter how you look at it , calling someone/something retarded is more rude than calling somebody a hipster .
Just the other day my friend (who doesn't watch anime and I would hardly call him a hipster), after hearing some of Death Note while his roommate was watching it, basically called it edgy and cringy as fuck good for fifteen-year-olds and I can't really disagree. Also on my part I will say that Death Note is not as intelligent as it presents itself even in the first half plus other bothering stuff like Kira cheating the mind games thanks to the shinigamis.

Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:
Williemeister said:

Fair enough on Gurren Lagann. But for the same reason as you mentioned, i dont take opinions about the show from people who havent finnished the Steins;gate very seriously.

So you don't think Steins;Gate has serious pacing problems?

I love Ergo Proxy, but I have no problem admitting it has terrible pacing. Just because you like something, doesn't mean you should deny its flaws.
Most people like to think that S;G gets better but I don't think it actually does, it just has more action. Personally I liked the first half more, most of the second one was pointless and cheesy.
zalAug 29, 2017 12:42 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2017 12:35 PM

Jan 2014
Objectively, it would probably be FMA:B because it's one of the most watched shows and has one of the best ratings. By proportion alone, it trumps every show.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Aug 29, 2017 12:35 PM
Apr 2017
There's no such thing as a "perfect" anime. Like others have pointed out, it doesn't matter how good an anime is, there will always be people who don't like it, whether or not the reason is good.

Me personally, I'm one of those people who honestly did not like Cowboy Bebop. It was simply too boring for me to watch. And it had nothing to do with it's episodic nature either.
Aug 29, 2017 12:39 PM

Feb 2015
Zelev said:
Objectively, it would probably be FMA:B because it's one of the most watched shows and has one of the best ratings. By proportion alone, it trumps every show.

Just tag Swagernator.

OT: There is at least one person who hates that one anime. Death Note original ending was better than the anime one. Money took over sadly.
Aug 29, 2017 12:39 PM

Jan 2014
Williemeister said:
Gurren Lagann, Steins;Gate and Hibike! Euphonium. Cant see how anyone would rate one of these under 5

The only reason i didn't rate TTGL under 5 is because i dropped it at ep 20. Read about the ending probably would have given it my first ever 3/10.
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Aug 29, 2017 12:58 PM

Nov 2014
Zeruk said:
Mushishi?

Character limit character limit

One word correct answer! Obviously it is the Anime being referred to not the live action.
Aug 29, 2017 1:00 PM
Aug 2017
For me lucky star and tsuki ga kirei are both impossible to hate lol, lucky star is just absolutely hilarious and IMO there's nothing really bad about it and tsuki ga kirei is my #1 for romance anime it's an absolute masterpiece
Aug 29, 2017 1:01 PM

Jan 2014
Felix said:
Zelev said:

Just tag Swagernator.

OT: There is at least one person who hates that one anime. Death Note original ending was better than the anime one. Money took over sadly.

Don't really understand the point you were trying to make there.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Aug 29, 2017 1:02 PM

Apr 2013
I've never seen anybody hate on Nichijou.
How can you.
Aug 29, 2017 1:03 PM

Oct 2013
Just find an anime that no one gave a 1.
Probably easier if it's less known.
Aug 29, 2017 1:05 PM

Feb 2015

That I said one person who hates that anime.
Aug 29, 2017 1:14 PM

Jun 2016
KawaiiOtakuNeko said:
I think mirai Nikki is a anime you cant hate. it has very good writing and very good female protagonist who is every otakus dream girl. I can't see anyone give this anime under 8 if you are not just a anime hater. the opening is also sugoi =D

It's all cool that you like it, but I'm going to have to disagree. The anime had horrible writing and most characters were either not worth noting, or bland (protagonist) and annoying (Yuno). Not to mention, the plot twist was really quite a pathetic piece of overdone lame, with little thought put into it and no thorough explanation. The ending also had me so dumbfoundedly annoyed at the show's stupidity. I'm really surprised so many people like this show. It hooks in you in with hollywood-style action but leaves you with nothing.
Aug 29, 2017 1:15 PM

Nov 2016
People will always find a reason to hate a show no matter how stupid, that said I don't think there are many hating Usagi Drop (I'm talking about the anime :D). And even the stats are somehow proving this, only 0.2% of all votes are 3 and below.

@Valium
I was close before, tho^^
FMmatronAug 29, 2017 1:28 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 29, 2017 1:19 PM
Feb 2016
Illyricus said:
Index III. You can't hate things that doesn't exists.
in the latest chapter in the accelerator spinoff manga the last page said "index III will be announced in october"
Aug 29, 2017 1:25 PM

Jul 2013
Rin-sama23 said:
Illyricus said:
in the latest chapter in the accelerator spinoff manga the last page said "index III will be announced in october"
If that's true, if that is really true and we have the damned anime announced this year, I will pray to all the existing and non existing gods for you to achieve eternal happiness.
Aug 29, 2017 1:29 PM
Feb 2016
Illyricus said:
Rin-sama23 said:
If that's true, if that is really true and we have the damned anime announced this year, I will pray to all the existing and non existing gods for you to achieve eternal happiness.

hahahaha if it is indeed true then i will achieve happiness because of it xD let's pray it gets announced asap
Aug 29, 2017 1:46 PM
Jan 2017
KawaiiOtakuNeko said:
I think mirai Nikki is a anime you cant hate. it has very good writing and very good female protagonist who is every otakus dream girl. I can't see anyone give this anime under 8 if you are not just a anime hater. the opening is also sugoi =D

Are you a troll? I mean the name "KawaiiOtakuNeko" says it all.
Aug 29, 2017 1:57 PM

Aug 2017
MaidenHeaven said:
KawaiiOtakuNeko said:

Are you a troll? I mean the name "KawaiiOtakuNeko" says it all.

No I am not a troll -.- Just someone who loves good anime alot, you have problem with that!? I thought this was a good name I had that represents what I am, but I just get called a troll everytime. It is not fun :'(
Aug 29, 2017 2:20 PM

Feb 2015
Ehhh... Why did SAO suddenly become a series impossible to hate when even someone who loves it can hate it just because for the sake of hating it?

There are no series that are impossible to hate, just because humans are good at whining at bitching at others.
Aug 29, 2017 2:22 PM

Nov 2011
Dunno about death note, my housemate hates it. But she also mainly watches shoujo romance and hates anything with sadness/death. So uh, not her thing.

I'd say Pokemon is one that's hard for anyone to hate.

Aug 29, 2017 2:37 PM

Nov 2008
The only things like that are very old shows that we are lucky to see survive like Mogura no Adventure in which you watch for historical reasons.

Aug 29, 2017 2:40 PM

Jun 2015

Naru said:
There's completely no such thing. Every series out there is bound to have people who won't like it, in fact every anime mentioned on this thread has people I've seen who didn't like one of them. Maybe some appear to have no haters cause they aren't popular, but of course some there are people out there who would find it unappealing. Some people didn't like Bebop cause of the jazz music and the episodic story, some hated death note cause they hated Light, and some might even hate FMAB cause the story was to complex for them, where they might enjoy a simple story more.

I DISLIKE FMAB because the story was too predictable and cliche written.

and I think it's impossible to hate Rainbow.. You can't hate something that is a masterpiece
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Aug 29, 2017 2:55 PM

Nov 2012
Takamura-sama said:

Naru said:
There's completely no such thing. Every series out there is bound to have people who won't like it, in fact every anime mentioned on this thread has people I've seen who didn't like one of them. Maybe some appear to have no haters cause they aren't popular, but of course some there are people out there who would find it unappealing. Some people didn't like Bebop cause of the jazz music and the episodic story, some hated death note cause they hated Light, and some might even hate FMAB cause the story was to complex for them, where they might enjoy a simple story more.

I DISLIKE FMAB because the story was too predictable and cliche written.

and I think it's impossible to hate Rainbow.. You can't hate something that is a masterpiece

So why do you have Fairy Tail in your favorites when it's one of the most generic mainstream shonens, hmmm?

Or do you seriously think FMAB is more generic?
Aug 29, 2017 3:01 PM

Nov 2014
I'm just gonna respond to some of the points already posed, since everyone has already rightfully pointed out that no show is 'impossible to hate'
Naru said:
some might even hate FMAB cause the story was to complex for them, where they might enjoy a simple story more.
Oh god, have you actually heard this argument before? Was the person 9, like how could FMAB be too complex for them? I'm not even trying to be a jerk about it, I'm just utterly confused as to why that would be the complaint directed towards the show.
Pullman said:
Wysteria_ said:

This is kinda the reason I'm a Miyazaki hater. I always feel like everything is just a service to the cool art, which is awesome don't get me wrong. I'd love a Miyazaki art book. But as for the movies themselves? They always feel like someone is shouting "Whimsy!" at me without actually having the direction, script, or world-building talent to back it up.
Aug 29, 2017 3:18 PM

Aug 2016
Illyricus said:

No Game No Life season 2. You can't hate things that doesn't exist...

Me at the moment:

Aug 29, 2017 3:23 PM

Oct 2012
Valaskjalf said:
Williemeister said:
Gurren Lagann, Steins;Gate and Hibike! Euphonium. Cant see how anyone would rate one of these under 5

Stein's Gate first half is terrible 2/10
Steins;Gate's first half was much better than the second half
Aug 29, 2017 3:28 PM

Aug 2015
Asterisk War, SAO and Fairy Tail

waits patiently...
superslushAug 29, 2017 3:32 PM
Aug 29, 2017 3:32 PM

Oct 2014
My vote is on Tsuki ga Kirei/ as the moon, so beautiful
Aug 29, 2017 3:33 PM

Aug 2015
but now seriously: I think Psycho-Pass is pretty hard to hate
Aug 29, 2017 3:34 PM

Jan 2017
KawaiiOtakuNeko said:

>mirai nikki
>good writing

LOL thanks for making me laugh dude
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 10 hours ago

22 by Spunkert »»
6 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

27 by Prupel1 »»
10 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 6 hours ago

9 by Catalano »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 2 hours ago

7 by Jonas-K »»
19 minutes ago

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - 4 hours ago

12 by Catalano »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.