Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2017 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode felt less creepy compared to the previous week.

The background storytelling still has a grim feel to it with the deaths. Robert's past really is unpleasant and I feel bad for him as he is the son of a murderer. Not sure how I feel about the case this episode. It felt like all the rest although I guess they're trying to make it memorable. One thing is for sure though, Robert isn't alone anymore.
Stark700Aug 25, 2017 9:44 AM
Aug 25, 2017 9:26 AM

Aug 2013
Another case solved though that Father Julia seemed to have escaped.

I felt bad for Roberto, a sad past he had. The reason he was acting weird was because he remembered that guy was his father. Must have been hard for him seeing a painting depicting his mother's murder.

Aug 25, 2017 9:38 AM

Jun 2015
Another case has been solved. Got to learn about Robert in this episode. His past is unpleasant. He was acting weird because he found out John Jordan is his father. The painting was of his mother being killed by his father. That was hard for him to see. Figured there wasn't something right about Father Julia. He was killed by Oriola, but he hung himself. Robert and Hiraga are very good friends.
Aug 25, 2017 9:52 AM
May 2012
Poor Roberto, harsh past indeed.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2017 10:10 AM

Jun 2014
They solved the case, although for some reason it seemed like this case's conclusion felt more ambiguous. Still, we learned that the murderer was Robert's father, and Father Julia got killed (though they're speculating that it wasn't his body). Let's see what crazy case comes up next.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 25, 2017 11:01 AM
Nov 2016
The ending felt a bit overdone. This was a shorter arc. The ending could've done without the fake prophet being Roberto's father and maybe they could've left out the part about that secret society and all.
Aug 25, 2017 1:22 PM

Sep 2015
Good episode, Roberto got the spot light this time.
Really liking this but the ending was a bit rushed IMO.
Well they showed us all the important stuff but they did mention several other stuff that the was going on so it would be interesting if it was delved deeper. But I guess they did their job so the rest is really up to the police and the FBI guy to investigate.
Still as a viewer, understanding more about their motives, Julia's real nature and stuff like that would be cool. Or what exactly happened to Amy other than them capturing her, taking her baby and killing her. Many minor details skipped but they aren't important just stuff that would flesh it out more.
Aug 25, 2017 2:24 PM
Dec 2016
The moment Roberto said John was his father, I started laughing. I feel like it would have been better if that wasn't a part of it, it just felt overdone.
Aug 25, 2017 3:36 PM

Apr 2012
Eh, not as crazy as the nazi cult from the first few eps, but good enough, I guess.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Aug 25, 2017 8:17 PM

Jul 2015
Definitely a faster paced episode but I was still intrigued.

I wonder if we'll discover if Julia is still alive and what became of Amy's child in future episodes?

Maybe next episode Roberto can not nearly fucking die again and not have to relive his tragic past. Poor guy.
Aug 25, 2017 11:51 PM

Oct 2015
Well.. Up to this point I'm still liking the show. Sure it presents really weird and bizarre reasonings but all the more that it doesn't cross the border of being unrealistic (tbh anything can happen!). I'm glad I watched this show, it brings newer ways to solve mysteries! Can't wait for the next arc :)
Aug 26, 2017 2:47 AM
Oct 2007
Seems like my guesses were almost entirely correct from last week episode! That didn't really feel good though since it means that the show was as mediocre (my own personal opinion) as what I expected.

Anybody else that read the manga or LN thinks that the upcoming arcs are way better than what we have seen so far?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2017 3:18 AM

Dec 2013
So the real Julius escaped and we have no idea of the whereabouts of the murdered woman's baby. For some reason this episode really brings me back to all those Kindaichi Detective stories, with all the denouncing of false facts and revelations. Roberto's past being tragic is an understatement, but at least he found solace and a purpose in the church that took him in and nurtured him.

Whilst the conclusion to this was slightly open-ended, I still enjoyed it quite a bit.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 26, 2017 11:27 AM
Mar 2016
It was fine, but the last few parts were starting to be gay........
Aug 26, 2017 7:48 PM
Mar 2012
Lots of stuff happening near arc end, and trailing questions, but still an ok conclusion.
Julia & baby missing. Fake Julia is unknown.
Nice Roberto backstory linking to the case, ignoring the coincidence.

Aug 27, 2017 2:47 AM

Jun 2016
And Roberto is a son of John who's real name is Brono Puccini. What the fuck. And I understand if Roberto really didn't remember his father at first because as a kid he was traumatized by his experience most likely with the death of his mother and she was killed in front of him. Goddamnit.

So, the Father Julia we know is not really the Father Julia? Holy shit. What a waste of beauty for the fake Father Julia, though. ;-;

Gay moments with these two is so gay. Hihihi.

"Will you hate me now?"
"What are you saying, Roberto? Hate you? I've only begun to like you more and more."

So cute. Waaah. Just go and kiss already! Haha. <3

Who the heck is Roberto's Joseph? OHMYGOD.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 27, 2017 4:11 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The presentation for John's prophecy paintings sure was grand but this helped set the stage for the debunking of this false prophet. Watching Roberto debunk glasses's interpretation of the paintings with logic sure was interesting. Watching Kid become frantic as his words were defeated one by one was certainly amusing. So Samson was killed to ensure that the prophecy remained true then. Using John's prophecy's to debunk him and prove that he was not a saint but a murderer sure was inventive. Wow to think that Jordan was actually not just a murderer but also his mothers killer too. Who would have thought that John's body was preserved because of a microbe that was from a monkeys blood.
But what was most surprising was what lay beneath Julia's room though. To think that the house in question was also connected to a secret society that was interested in black magic as well.

Geeze what did they do to Amy in this underground lab though. This case sure involved a lot of people and organisations though. A religious cult, a secret society focused on black magic and deranged murderer that they wanted to turn into a saint. Though they didn't catch the real culprits at least they managed to stop John from being turned into a saint though and in the process reveal a conspiracy within that branch. Kid was after all the mastermind behind all these events but behind him is probably someone else. But to think their true aim was to scare away people with the paintings and allow the mysterious benefactor to buy up land. The mystery sure is deepening but for the moment this case is at least solved. And man this case sure was full of twists and turns. But if anything this case did help establish how strong the friendship between Roberto and Hiraga is though.
Aug 27, 2017 7:21 AM

Jun 2016
I liked the ending here more than the last arc. Even though things were fast paced, it seemed to flow better.

I feel bad for Roberto's past. His father is a cruel man and to paint his own wife's murder is something else. I'm glad that voodoo or whatever sort of festival ritual the village people were doing didn't really play a role here.

With Julia gone, does this mean that he's going to be sort of the main antagonist for this series?

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Aug 27, 2017 8:35 AM

May 2017
The arc felt incomplete, what happened to Amy's child? What happened to the real Julia? Final boss? Lol the guy is a mystery, probably some narcissistic Aizen
Aug 27, 2017 11:28 AM

Oct 2013
I feel that this arc will connect to the next ones.
Julia may not be dead, and Amy's child may play a role in the future.

Still, unmasking the assassin on livestream, Robert you madman.

Aug 27, 2017 1:34 PM
May 2007
TheDoggoneGirl said:
And Roberto is a son of John who's real name is Brono Puccini. What the fuck. And I understand if Roberto really didn't remember his father at first because as a kid he was traumatized by his experience most likely with the death of his mother and she was killed in front of him. Goddamnit.

So, the Father Julia we know is not really the Father Julia? Holy shit. What a waste of beauty for the fake Father Julia, though. ;-;

"Will you hate me now?"
"What are you saying, Roberto? Hate you? I've only begun to like you more and more."

I'd love to think that's pure confession kill me now so much after Roberto's love for Hiraga was tested in episode 7. Roberto 1 the Devil 0.
Aug 27, 2017 6:02 PM

Nov 2007
I knew it....i suspected it was his father from the first ep.in this arc.

literally "they seem to be very good friends" meme
Aug 27, 2017 8:36 PM

Oct 2008
Not the corpse of Priest Julia feels more fishy than ever!
This has really become Science vs Religion...
4/5.

Aug 27, 2017 11:57 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Another creepy yet interesting plot twist that I did not see coming lol

Still, I was pleasantly surprised and impressed by how hard Roberto came in this episode....Props to you man
Aug 28, 2017 1:07 AM

Jun 2016
Shadow-Chan said:
TheDoggoneGirl said:

"Will you hate me now?"

I'd love to think that's pure confession kill me now so much after Roberto's love for Hiraga was tested in episode 7. Roberto 1 the Devil 0.

Waaaah. That pic's so cuuute. Ohmygodohmygod. I'm shipping them so much more now and even the scenery ships them two because of the heart shaped balcony whatchamacallit.

I'm so glad I'm not alone in shipping them two. They're just so cute together. I'm gonna die.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 28, 2017 12:02 PM

Jun 2015
I don't like how they keep pulling conclusions out of their asses. I feel cheated as a viewer.
Aug 29, 2017 7:00 PM

Apr 2015
This arc was better than the other one but I didn't like the way how they solved everything. It was so rushed that suddenly they had already arrived at Rome. I think it would be better if they had done this arc in 4 episodes.

Although the show has pace problems, I always get excited with the mysteries they introduce.
Aug 30, 2017 11:31 PM

Jan 2013
Wow this episode was awesome! Robert did such a great job by solving everything. That bald guy got rekt.
Hope they will continue like this.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 3, 2017 12:31 AM
Jan 2016
Woooooow Roberto did a really good at the broadcasting He attacked with logic and he denounced every painting
I knew it that Father John was the father of Roberto it didn't come out of the blue they were building this from the first episode of the arc from the fact that the father of Roberto is a painter just like Father John and that Roberto acted weird since when he saw the corpse of Father John and that the silhouette that appeared in Roberto'dream was the same as Father John
I was satisfied to known his past since I wanted to know it since the previous episode He had a tragic past Poor Roberto I want to protect him at any cost This made me love him more just like Hiraga said I love their friendship <3
This arc just proves how much their friendship is strong
The secret of the corpse was creepy since it's because of the monkey blood and that they injected in his body a bacteria making his body like a rubber
I knew that Father Julia was involved in this he seemed so pure to be real but what's with his room ?????? It was so creepy seeing the lab and all the hearts being kept in the bottles like what were they doing ??????? What did they do with Amy's baby ? and what was the purpose of Father Julia doing all of this ? I wanted to know more about it Hiraga said that it was for the increasing of the sales of the ground of the land but for me I feel that there is more than this
That was a pretty good arc The conclusion of it wasn't as creepy as the conclusion of the first arc
Bring the next one :)
Sep 4, 2017 1:35 AM

Sep 2013
Great conclusion to this arc,it wasn't as wtf as the first arc's ending and i like it better that way,only think that wasn't totally explained was who played in the kid room? Father Julia ?
Deep dark fantasies
Oct 25, 2017 10:10 AM

May 2012
Damn that ending! Pretty nice episode though, and what a backstory!
Mar 25, 2020 7:01 AM

Dec 2013
Wait what? So Father John is Robert's Father?? I knew it. Something is fishy about that Father Julia. And I think he might appear in next episodes. Good thing Robert was able to conquer his dark past and who is that Joseph? Is he still alive?

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jul 6, 2020 12:23 AM

Mar 2010
Wow. Another cult. Wonder if father julia is still alive... I felt like Robert's past was just sprung on us.
StardewJul 6, 2020 12:36 AM
Dec 21, 2023 6:17 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Well I certainly wasn’t expecting the stuff with John to end up tying into Roberto’s past, especially the fact that John (who’s real name is Brono) is Roberto’s father and that painting of Roberto’s death was actually of his mother who was killed by Brono, as well as the one of Naomi, this guy was pretty fucked huh lol. And the scene of Roberto debunking all of the prophecies was pretty satisfying, it was expected tho that Kid was a villain, but he wasn’t the one pulling the strings, that was apparently Father Julia who we saw get slashed but it’s apparently not him. So does that mean the Julia we’ve been seeing this whole time wasn’t him? Or were they swapped at some point? And what was with the kid’s room, as well as the stuff with room of hearts and Amy’s baby, perhaps this will all be answered at some point but I could also see it never being revealed in the anime lol.

And I’m ngl at first I didn’t realize the arc was suddenly over lol, I was thinking since Julia escaped supposedly and there are a lot of unanswered questions that there was more but no that was it for this one, and I gotta say while I did enjoy this one I think I prefer the first arc so far, this one also unfortunately suffered the pacing issue the first arc had here and there near the end with all the stuff being revealed at once, but once again I did enjoy this arc, really it was good to develop Roberto which I appreciate.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2017

70 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 20, 8:22 PM

» Light Novel - for those who want to follow the story

Willowspell - Sep 26, 2017

10 by little_raven »»
Feb 9, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2017

42 by little_raven »»
Feb 6, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2017

73 by little_raven »»
Feb 6, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2017

23 by TheColonel76 »»
Dec 26, 2023 5:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.