Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2017 11:26 AM

Aug 2013
FMmatron said:
Already had an idea that it has to be like you stated in the former one, even tho I like your second explanation better.
I'm leaning more to the second one since she gave the robot wings like her fav superhero.

DarkWish said:
Haven't seen something this bad in a while, Stan Lee even trying?
Dropped.
Stan Lee just seems to narrate this, the anime studio is the one most responsible for everything. So blame them.
Aug 6, 2017 6:57 PM

Jun 2016
This episode was better than the first too. Better pacing, more action, and we got to learn more about the characters too.

I feel bad for Lisa's dad though. I get that he's overprotective, but it must suck watching your daughter fly away like that.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Aug 6, 2017 7:12 PM

Aug 2009
The episodes have been getting better, but that robot reveal killed it for me. Will watch episode 4, but so help me if Lisa continues down the Mary Sue path.
Aug 7, 2017 12:29 AM

Aug 2014
Certainly an improvement this episode, but really the only thing this show has going for it for me right now is the world building. They have some interesting ideas about "the reflected" which reminds me a bit of Worm. I am interested to see if the show goes somewhere interesting.
Aug 7, 2017 12:50 AM

Oct 2008
So Lisa's power is not within her but it's on her wheelchair which is a mech robot lame style.
3/5.

Aug 7, 2017 6:18 PM

Jan 2010
I was planning on dropping this one after seeing three epsiodes, but I actually enjoyed this episode. The animation is still...strange but I liked the pacing this time, a real improvement over the last two episodes. And besides I think it's worth staying even if it's just for the designs. And although the art seems unpleasent at first, it actually feels quite refreshing having in mind all the style of all the moe blobs and edgy shounen animu out there.
Aug 8, 2017 6:16 AM

Jan 2015
Thats gotta be the most painful and suffering 25 minutes in my anime life. This anime has no redeeming qualities, its the worst anime i've ever seen (and i thought the title belonged to Yami shibai 4) I originally picked it up and was anticipating something good because people were hyping it up its done by Deen and even though i dont know the dude and never heard of him people were hyping up Stan Lee like he is some kind of God. And what did i get?
-Worst animation humanly possible, i just cant bare to look at it.
- Basically an american superhero cartoon and even though i hate those they were done miles better than this wasted trash.

I almost never drop the anime and decided that i wont drop anything anymore but i wont be able to hold for 9 more episodes, thats not even possible.
And this is not an anime, this is anything but the anime so pretty much dropping American cartoon. Now i have two 1s. Yami shibai 4 and this.
1/10
Aug 8, 2017 1:23 PM

Apr 2017
Kodomo_R said:
I was planning on dropping this one after seeing three epsiodes, but I actually enjoyed this episode. The animation is still...strange but I liked the pacing this time, a real improvement over the last two episodes. And besides I think it's worth staying even if it's just for the designs. And although the art seems unpleasent at first, it actually feels quite refreshing having in mind all the style of all the moe blobs and edgy shounen animu out there.

First episode was tough due to the art style. Then I grew to enjoy it's simplistic art choice.

Hirugiku said:
pretty much dropping American cartoon.

Could you explain to me how this, done by an actual Japanese anime studio is an "American cartoon" yet Castlevania on netflix which is every bit a Japanese Anime just actually made in America isn't considered anime? Just curious on your thoughts since you called this an American cartoon.
Aug 8, 2017 1:40 PM

Jan 2015

Hirugiku said:

Could you explain to me how this, done by an actual Japanese anime studio is an "American cartoon" yet Castlevania on netflix which is every bit a Japanese Anime just actually made in America isn't considered anime? Just curious on your thoughts since you called this an American cartoon.[/quote]

First time hearing of Castlevania. And surely Reflection is done by Studio Deen it does technically considers as anime since everything made in japan is anime but i cant really consider it as one. I mean everything about Reflection is American. American setting, American humor, American typical superhero story, I have no idea wth are those visuals, literally unwatchable just cuz of visuals.
Also did you see those characters? I know its New york and all but why are character design are so fucking bad... A lot of black characters. In animes usually there is one black character per 20 animes here they are everywhere just another signification that its fully American.
But i wouldnt have prolbem with the anime even if its fully American like i said i cant stand visuals but even with horrific visuals i can still get past that IF Execution and writing was at least a litttle good. I really didnt even feel like creators tried to make the anime.
Aug 8, 2017 2:00 PM

Apr 2017
Hirugiku said:

Hirugiku said:

Could you explain to me how this, done by an actual Japanese anime studio is an "American cartoon" yet Castlevania on netflix which is every bit a Japanese Anime just actually made in America isn't considered anime? Just curious on your thoughts since you called this an American cartoon.

First time hearing of Castlevania. And surely Reflection is done by Studio Deen it does technically considers as anime since everything made in japan is anime but i cant really consider it as one. I mean everything about Reflection is American. American setting, American humor, American typical superhero story, I have no idea wth are those visuals, literally unwatchable just cuz of visuals.
Also did you see those characters? I know its New york and all but why are character design are so fucking bad... A lot of black characters. In animes usually there is one black character per 20 animes here they are everywhere just another signification that its fully American.
But i wouldnt have prolbem with the anime even if its fully American like i said i cant stand visuals but even with horrific visuals i can still get past that IF Execution and writing was at least a litttle good. I really didnt even feel like creators tried to make the anime. [/quote]

So by your one argument because it's currently set in America means it's American... So it has to take place in Japan to make it true anime? What about Princess Principal which takes place in England, does that make it British?

If you haven't seen Castlevania though I suggest taking a look. Only 4 episodes which has ticked a lot of people off. It's heavily anime influenced so much so that it's in Japanese with english subtitles... Which again, confused me when it's not allowed to be added into the MAL data base...
Aug 8, 2017 2:08 PM

Jan 2015
@juggernautG1
There is Kekai sensen which is set in New york, and has no black characters, it has no american humor, it has no American plot and just the mood and the atmosphere makes it the anime while watching Reflection the atmosphere is so Americanish that it just feels like its done by Americans.
Also Baccano'setting is America again it didnt even feel like it was Americanized, again the anime feels like an anime done by Japanese and not Americans.
In Reflection tho everything feels like its fully Americanized. VIllains,heroes, abilities, humor, character designs, visuals,setting etc etc.
Aug 8, 2017 10:23 PM
Aug 2013
@Hirugiku

Some of America's best animation work in recent times have been things that have taken anime and have made it for an American public. Also currently one of the most popular anime inherits its history (nomanally the super heros themselves) from American comic books and has been confirmed as such by the author of the manga.

You can say this show sucks but you can't say it sucks because it tried to do something different or because it tried to imitate another cultures entertainment.
Aug 10, 2017 7:00 PM

Apr 2017
hereiamworld said:
@Hirugiku

Some of America's best animation work in recent times have been things that have taken anime and have made it for an American public. Also currently one of the most popular anime inherits its history (nomanally the super heros themselves) from American comic books and has been confirmed as such by the author of the manga.

You can say this show sucks but you can't say it sucks because it tried to do something different or because it tried to imitate another cultures entertainment.

Your views intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Aug 11, 2017 9:37 AM

Sep 2016
hereiamworld said:
@Hirugiku

Heck, Studio Trigger even admitted that both Panty & Stocking and Little Witch Academia were heavily influenced by Western media.
Aug 11, 2017 8:04 PM
Sep 2015
After 3 episodes, I have to say I find it quite bad ...

... but in an "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" way, in that I can't seem to stop watching it :P
Aug 12, 2017 11:42 AM

Jul 2016
Only the highest quality from Studio Deen

Okay as much as I'm loving this series, this episode was really poorly paced. The major events, like the room being on fire and Lisa being kidnapped just kind of happen out of nowhere, without any kind of buildup. But hey, at least we've got a Gundam Girl now. That's gotta count for something.
ChilliePeppersAug 12, 2017 11:46 AM
Aug 12, 2017 3:54 PM

Feb 2013
This should have been episode 2.

LOL that robot had lots of guns.
Aug 13, 2017 5:42 AM

Jan 2011
I got a chuckle out of how she kept pounding on that fatso, not letting him finish a sentence.
Aug 13, 2017 11:56 AM

Dec 2015
So, it's gonna be a "let's recruit forces for both sides while revealing the mystery" kind of thing? Very bad idea for a 12 eps series.
When will we see the japanese high-school girls in action?!

3/5 Yeah, less walking / running scenes = less slow-motion feelings.

CG said:
the voice acting for the main girl in that show that I can only describe as true ear-bleeding.

Hear the Gundam ZZ character Chara Soon (for free on gundam.Info YT channel). You never really heard an "ear-bleeding" voice before you experienced this woman.
Sep 6, 2017 10:30 AM
Mar 2012
well, seems a keeper. Detective red pair on a mystery roadtrip.
Gathering x-men factions etc.
Animation smoother now, on 2s & even 1s for those water & metal fx. lol still weird seeing water cut metal.
Now it's mecha, the transforming's quite cool & badass unlike noob detective.
Art & slow pace still awful, but great osts balance it out.
Random jk team supposedly important?
Sep 26, 2017 9:04 PM

Dec 2012
House on fire.
9nine!
Interesting power Putrid has.
Transform!
Lisa focking him up.
So they're still there. And Lisa left her dad behind. They can just kidnap him again.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 21, 2017 9:53 AM

Jan 2014
Lisa's power are similar to Green Lantern, it's just her wheelchair is the ring.

also, if X-On powers are to copy others, why didn't he copy Lisa, Eleanor, and the magneto girl? I bet he would be more powerful if he also copy their powers.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Reflection Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

10 by theferrell »»
Jan 12, 2023 11:49 AM

Poll: » The Reflection Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2017

160 by name1_1 »»
Mar 29, 2021 5:05 AM

» Any news of second season?

Keidohanna - Sep 20, 2019

2 by Daniel_Naumov »»
Dec 14, 2019 4:31 AM

Poll: » The Reflection Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2017

53 by BikeGoneRampant »»
Jul 18, 2019 9:33 AM

Poll: » The Reflection Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

33 by mar1217 »»
Sep 3, 2018 9:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.