Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 14, 2017 2:18 PM
Jul 2016
I love all the chibi comedy moments, they're hilarious. The cliffhanger at the end could have felt a little bit more natural, but other than that, another great episode.

Shina_Hoshi said:
I loved that Wooper.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who thought that. Alolan Wooper confirmed.
Oct 14, 2017 2:45 PM

Jan 2016
Fun episode. Masterpiece in the making!

Also there are dragons in this show, DRAGONS!
Oct 14, 2017 2:47 PM

Apr 2013
Amazing episode. Also, i just love Chise's expressions haha, she's so adorable. Character voice as well.

I wonder they wanted to take her to the Dragon's land at the end... Is he the guy that's in the OP or someone else... I forgot to check.

Oct 14, 2017 2:47 PM

Apr 2014
oooh i like his human face in the anime more than in the manga. i like being able to see his expressions, he seems more fun that way. but i honestly don't mind his natural face either, it's original ig
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2017 3:13 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode. The magic in this show is cool. Lovely to see more of London.

A letter that turns into a bird. Now that's helpful.
Ainsworth human face is handsome. Silky makes some nice food.

LOL Angelica hitting Ainsworth for being weird.

Woah a dragon taking Chise.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 14, 2017 3:14 PM

Aug 2013
antonn said:
Zantius said:
Angelica the MILF! <3 She fine af boi. Another good episode really fleshing out these characters. Why can't more shows be like this?

Because Japan would rather make stories about old men hooking up with underage girls.

...oh

Shots fired XD just shots fired
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 14, 2017 3:43 PM

Jul 2009
Lmao that ending escalated quickly.

I'm loving the pastoral vibe of this show despite it being set in modern times - it's strangely relaxing with a slow progress. Elias and Chise were already likable from the first episode, and I'm glad to see the new characters like Angelica and Simon are the same. Not sure what to expect from the story yet, but I'm fine with the pacing for now.
Oct 14, 2017 4:22 PM

Nov 2009
This might be the best series besides Spice and Wolf that i ever saw. I already want to put it as my favorite and give it a 10, but i really should wait till its finished.
Oct 14, 2017 4:31 PM
Mar 2017
Milf Angelica seemed beautiful to me: 3. Where is angelica's husband?
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Oct 14, 2017 4:45 PM
Aug 2017
Favorite show this season.

Only bad thing is having to wait for the next episode haha
Oct 14, 2017 5:12 PM

Dec 2015
So far i think its almost the same with the manga and probably will until the end , was expecting that cliffhanger
Looking forward for next week
Oct 14, 2017 5:13 PM
Jul 2018
I don't understand anymore why people are freaking out over this anime.
I mean yeah, the magic system is really freaking cool, but...that's kinda it.
This anime reminds me of a "safe book": a book where the story just...kinda waits, in a way so that the author doesn't really have to do much.
Oct 14, 2017 5:13 PM
Jul 2018
Saito6689 said:
This might be the best series besides Spice and Wolf that i ever saw. I already want to put it as my favorite and give it a 10, but i really should wait till its finished.

High expectations are a double-edged sword.
If something doesn't meet those expectations, you may end up hating it more than you would if you didn't have those expectations.
Oct 14, 2017 5:23 PM

Nov 2009
True, but i simply like it for what it is, cant really explain. It's nearly impossible to ruin this show for me unless you kill Chise off or something like this lol.
I was actually surprised that this is a manga, i thought a novel would fit this kind of story far better.
Oct 14, 2017 5:46 PM

Jan 2014
antonn said:
Zantius said:
Angelica the MILF! <3 She fine af boi. Another good episode really fleshing out these characters. Why can't more shows be like this?

Because Japan would rather make stories about old men hooking up with underage girls.

...oh

To be fair most Vampire shows in many countries are that way, too. Lmao.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 14, 2017 5:46 PM

Jan 2014
I liked this episode, although it was rather sudden that they were suddenly next to a dragon? I don't know lol..

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 14, 2017 5:59 PM

Dec 2013
That ending was waaaaay too sudden.
Oct 14, 2017 6:19 PM

Jul 2015
Is there a reason why Elias covered his face while talking to Simon and in the last scene?
Or is it because he's just weird?
Lies. Lies. Lies.Lies. Lies. Lies.
Oct 14, 2017 7:01 PM

Mar 2013
So, honeymoon huh. Lmao Elias smartass.

Angelica is really cool man, I love characters with her type of personality. Like an older sister. Nice. We got some explanations on magic as well.

That ending though.
Oct 14, 2017 7:19 PM

Oct 2008
mahou tsukai =/= mahoutsukai
I can't believe i watched the first episode of the tv series, and then ova 2-3.
Now i had to watch 'ova 1' then 'tv 2'. Thanks "horrible".

Anyway, great episode.
This will be easily one of my favorites this season.
Oct 14, 2017 7:55 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Yet another brilliant episode, truly a masterpiece in the making like I imagined.
Compared to the last episode, this episode had more comedy into it but I still preferred the last over this by a touch. It's sad to know about Chise's parents and I'm guessing Chise's father will inevitably be involved with the enemy so can't wait to see that. It was pleasing to see Angelica teach Chise the basics of Magic and Sorcery. Her expression towards Chise's demonstration of magic now makes me wonder who Chise really is and the scene in the trailer where the villain says a precious test subject popped into my mind. So can't wait to see more of this in detail in the upcoming episodes. Sad to see the 'honeymoon' isn't going all merry-way too and the cliffhanger there was completely unexpected. At this moment, I have no idea whether the pacing a little too fast or relatively slow but I'm loving the show nonetheless.
5/5 to this episode and a solid 9/10 to the series, just a touch away from a 10/10.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 14, 2017 8:59 PM

Aug 2008
Elias's face though lol. Never thought fairy lizard can be that cute!
The iceland scenary was so quaint at the end, dragon made it just better
Oct 14, 2017 9:27 PM

Jan 2017
So, they can animate not only their only places in a gorgeous manner, but also Britain (and especially, London in this episode). I honestly wonder which western cartoon ever paid so much attention to portraying a landscape so close to reality.

This Anime is on top of the seasonal list for reasons! It has all the right vibes, and it makes you feel sooo good while watching, even when there's not much going on.

Really looking forward to those dragons...
Oct 14, 2017 9:41 PM
Jul 2018
Loving the comedy in it too, and damn it WIT has perfected the art of cliffhangers thanks to Attack on Titan
Oct 14, 2017 10:30 PM
Feb 2017
There is a difference between sorcery and magic...

Why does that sound familiar?

Thinks of Grimmoire of Zero.

All jokes aside, this anime definitely stands out this season. And once again, i can totally agree with the hype. Might i even say that this is going to be better than Attack on Titan. ^_^
Oct 14, 2017 11:05 PM
Oct 2007
Even though we are just 2 episodes in, I must say I will never get tired of this show. Everything is top notch!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2017 11:23 PM

Jun 2016
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
This anime reminds me of a "safe book": a book where the story just...kinda waits, in a way so that the author doesn't really have to do much.

Objectively speaking, the animation is top notch. The sound treatments really fit into every single frame, and characters are presented in a nice way. What's not to like? And remember, it's a slice of life anime first and foremost. You're basically watching the life of the main characters unfold together. So, story obviously wouldn't be the #1 priority.

Oct 14, 2017 11:37 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Fappa said:
Overall the episode again showed two sides to Elias which puts his whole character in a twisted light. On the one side we see him being beneficial to local residents with medicine he makes and genuine to Chise on the other side he's been called out by other people around him for his creepy and strange actions. It seems he himself is not exactly aware of the consequences some of his actions hold which could result from a lack of common sense just how Angelica said.

Well
CratexOct 14, 2017 11:40 PM
Oct 14, 2017 11:56 PM
Aug 2014
I most definitely have not read the manga however, I swear I already saw 1&2, are like the first 4 or 5 episodes going to be chopped up versions of the OVA from last year? Why? Can't people just watch OVAs on their own? I want the continuation... this is a waste of time. They even started way later than other shows, as if they didn't have the material on hand already....
Oct 15, 2017 12:12 AM
Jul 2018
JLaxius said:
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

Objectively speaking, the animation is top notch. The sound treatments really fit into every single frame, and characters are presented in a nice way. What's not to like? And remember, it's a slice of life anime first and foremost. You're basically watching the life of the main characters unfold together. So, story obviously wouldn't be the #1 priority.

"animation"
You consider characters standing around, talking, with only a few recycled frames of blinking, head turning, mouths flapping up and down, all techniques you'll find in literally any other anime to be, "top notch animation"?
"Slice of life"
No. This is not a slice of life. The slice of life genre is centered around characters and their perfectly daily, normal activities, exactly the way an average person lives their every day life.
None of the characters are really interesting either. MC is basic, El is cool, but that's it.
It doesn't appear as though there's going to be any rising action until mid-way.
Oct 15, 2017 12:15 AM

Jun 2015
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

Agreed, I will wait an episode one or two before dropping, doesnt look like this will have any story to speak of
Oct 15, 2017 12:26 AM

Jun 2016
I'm sorry but the last episode(barring the last minute) was exactly that: We saw their perfectly daily,normal activities, only in a semi-fantasy world setting with magic elements. An anime doesn't have to feature usual jobs or high school to be considered slice of life. At least, that's the way I see it. Nowhere did it state that Elias & Chise will embark on an adventure. The show is centered around how Chise might have a new hope in life, and whatever reasons Elias has to purchase her.

Oct 15, 2017 12:45 AM
Apr 2014
The usual if I don't like it how can others like it sentiment is quite fascinating. It's like some people don't realize people can have different taste lol. Also if everyone else loves yet you don't just maybe just maybe you are the odd one out there.

Seriously this series is foremost world building and characters first than story. The author tries to build the world before she goes about the story so no it isn't trying to be safe.
AquaWateriaOct 15, 2017 12:51 AM
Oct 15, 2017 1:23 AM

Oct 2015
Great episode as usual, Elias human form looked pretty good. That cliffhanger <3 can't wait to see more of the dragons.

Also, Silky hugging Chise <3 plus that lizard around Chise aww adorable.
rizuxizuOct 15, 2017 1:30 AM
Oct 15, 2017 2:15 AM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
Well... That escalated quickly o_o
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Oct 15, 2017 2:51 AM

Jan 2015
Great episode and beautiful visuals

The cliffhanger felt out of place
Oct 15, 2017 2:52 AM
Aug 2016
i didnt even realize 20 minutes has passed, just like that...
Oct 15, 2017 5:33 AM

Feb 2017
Damn this anime is awesome. I am obsessed with the OP.

I'm so happy this show features dragons :')

Elias's chibi faces are too cute.
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Oct 15, 2017 5:38 AM

May 2015
Swim_Swim said:
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

Agreed, I will wait an episode one or two before dropping, doesnt look like this will have any story to speak of

No surprise there, you drop everything.

Oct 15, 2017 5:48 AM

Jun 2016
Ugh. I need that OP on my phone NOW!

Why is everyone so cruel to Chise? Even her parents were so cruel to her. Her mother I think killed herself because of Chise then her father abandoned his family because of Chise. Idk. :/

Aww Silky is the name of that girl who's like the maid in Elias' house. Hihi. She's such a cutie. :)

"Shall we prepare for our honeymoon?" Fucking Elias. Hahaha. He probably brought up about the honeymoon thrice throughout the episode or I already lost count. Hahaha.

Omfg. Elias' human versio, though. Hot damn! Hot damn! I guess there's a chance for Chise and Elias to kiss and make love. Ohmygoooood. I need to stop.

Elias: "Do I look good? Am I handsome?"
Chise: "You look kind of fake."
Elias: "That's harsh!"

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFT! I guess, Chise prefers Elias' bonehead than his "human-head". Hahahahaha. That doesn't sound right. Lmfao.

Finally, we met the gorgeous lady we saw in the OVA: Angelica. :)

Angelika: "He hasn't done anything weird to you, has he?"
Me: "When he took her clothes off before her bath!"
Chise: "He washed me after taking off my clothes..."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Poor Elias got punched by Angelica.

Wha't a Sleigh Beggy again? And why is Chise so special? I don't want to use Google, maaan. Actually, that magic Chise made was so gorgeous. :D

Elias made his funny boned face again. Waaaaaaaah. So cute. Hahaha.

And we met a priest this time and his name is Simon. He's a cutie, but my Elias is cuter. Huehuehue. Them two throwing shots at each other. Haha.

Awww. Silky hugging Chise. So cute. <3

This episode made me realize that Elias is not a serious guy and he has a lot of funny side since he's surrounded with people who love making fun of him from calling him a shithead to a sick bastard. Hahaha.

Oh no. DRAGONS? I'm a sucker for dragons. Kyaaaa! And now Chise's taken by HICCUP while Elias is checking on the dragons. Pfffffffft. Hahaha. I wonder who's that guy. Daaamn.

Such a great episode. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 15, 2017 6:49 AM

Jun 2015
Kittens-kun said:
Swim_Swim said:

No surprise there, you drop everything.

Sure, if you mean less than 50% equals to everything. I am a very open minded person, so no matter the genre, I always give at least one chance to all series if I dont like what I have seen after 1-4 episodes I stop watching, no reason to waste time with something that you dont enjoy, for the about 1% chance that it will turn out to be good in the end also writing how bad is after every new episode...Thats masochist, and utter waste of time,just for the sake of being completionist.
This method is lot better than listening to some critics, you have to experience yourself to decide whatever you like it or not.
Oct 15, 2017 8:37 AM
a car

Jun 2017
They did a great job on Angelica's character design (just like with everything else). But man, my memory of the manga is cringe-worthy because I did NOT think that we were going THERE next.
Oct 15, 2017 8:38 AM

Dec 2015
SO BEAUTIFUL SO BEAUTIFUL SO BEAUTIFUL
Oct 15, 2017 8:42 AM

Apr 2017
This episode was very nice. We saw how the magic works and Chise tried it for the first time. Some new characters. And I just love how Angelica punched Elias xD. But the end of the episode was shocking.
Oct 15, 2017 8:52 AM
Nov 2016
I don't think I'll ever get over how pretty this anime looks. It's just so friggin' good.

I don't know if I have said this before but the OP has that Spanish gypsy-esque vibe and I love it.

Got some pretty good humour in the episode. It was dope. After that ending with Chise being snatched up by a dragon, I expect some form of action in the next episode.
Oct 15, 2017 8:57 AM

Jan 2014
Magical so far, just a shame we can't watch it all in one hit
Oct 15, 2017 9:16 AM
Mar 2016
the animation for this show is so relaxing and just downright beautiful. id rate it a 10 right now. the ending was super sudden, but other than that i love this show
Oct 15, 2017 9:41 AM

Nov 2011
Fascinating this episode, it is only a pity that there is a small drop in the quality of the drawings and the backgrounds. Funny comedy moments.
Oct 15, 2017 10:01 AM

Jul 2015
nice episode. the end felt pretty bland though

kisami said:
btw, that cliff hanger is exactly how things are suppose to develop. If you were surprised by that, you probably haven't read the manga. not sure how the LN handles that.

there could have easily been a decision to not end the episode like that and instead lead the start of the next into that.
PecoOct 15, 2017 10:05 AM
Oct 15, 2017 10:02 AM

Feb 2014
Alias knows how to jump the gun. He's already planning a honeymoon with Chise, even know they barely know each other still! XD

His human face transformation looked nice, as they both visited Angelica in London. She's really amusing and also a bit scary as well, with her gut-punching Elias. Her daughter's cute though. =)

The scene in Iceland looked really pretty, but it also escalated quickly, with the dragons kidnapping Chise at the end. I'm sure she'll be fine, but Elias will probably be pretty pissed off about Chise being kidnapped in front of him.

Looking forward to the next episode. =)
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Jul 26, 2017

375 by yelansh »»
Mar 30, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2018

266 by NotBonBon »»
Mar 24, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

81 by hales_comet »»
Feb 22, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

UrbanJahts - Jul 26, 2017

247 by hales_comet »»
Feb 21, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

189 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jan 12, 9:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.