Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 18, 2017 4:58 AM

Nov 2008
another very enjoyable ep; though I am still curious for a bit more info on the princess
Jul 18, 2017 6:45 AM

Aug 2016
I have no idea why Iam still watching this, probably waiting if premise change somehow. But ED is really warmfull.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2017 9:10 AM

Dec 2013
Two very nice stories about succession and the passage of time.
Loving this theme of how food brings about great memories and all that.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 18, 2017 2:02 PM

Mar 2012
This series is comfy. No real plot nor does it pretend to have one. Probably not for everyone but it did make me crave spaghetti and parfait...

It would be the best plot twist if this is the chef's way of building a harem, or alternatively, an army of alternative dimension folks who'll help him take over the real world.
Jul 18, 2017 2:08 PM

Nov 2011
The way the deliver backstory in this anime is perfect. it's not complicated but it's enough to give you the feels. Like I got choked up slightly when Adelheid was crying.

Also the music is just so relaxing and fits the anime perfectly.

I love how at the end of each episode they're all in the restaurant eating together. So Cool.

I'm interested in the Elf next week mainly because...well shes an Elf, and the fact that the Lizard guy is going to eat the Tofu Steak lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 18, 2017 3:28 PM
May 2010
4kicks said:

As for the empire princess, it was sweet and cute and all, but I feel like they glossed over the "pauper's disease" bit, making it sound like it's apparently some kind of incurable deadly disease...but *poof*, all of a sudden an icecream parfait is all it took to cure her, or at least treat the symptoms. Now I wanna know "WTF was the disease then!?"

The disease wasn't deadly (at least not for everyone).
One of maids said "The disease can be overcomed".

It must have been some kind of depression (probably temporary- death of her grandfather was a trigger)
Normal medicine don't work because their civilization isn't advanced enough to invent a cure. I assume that healing magic cannot heal mind.

Princess had sad childhood, she was lonely most of the time. "Eating clouds" was one of her most previous memory she had. By eating it again she got back will to live.
Jul 18, 2017 4:15 PM
Jul 2012
I love watching this show every week! Cannot wait for a soundtrack and the Blu-ray/DVD release. This show is such a joy to my eyes.
Jul 18, 2017 5:08 PM

Aug 2013
Oh now I want to try clouds.
Jul 18, 2017 5:43 PM

Sep 2015
Dam that part about the grand daughter and grandfather reminded me of when i was like 2 or 3 (over a decade and a half ago), I went to this place on vacation that had super huge ice cream cones and everything. I was there with my neighbor and his cousins and the ice cream was so tasty too;-;
Jul 18, 2017 6:19 PM

Jan 2017
waiting for kuroneko appearance >.> wait she an elf, next pv we got an archer elf
Jul 18, 2017 7:25 PM
Jul 2016
Seguindo o panorama ja visto , estão entregando episodios solidos e belas historias que intretem as pessoas deixando o anime fluido e a belissima animação mas se continuar assim vamos ter muita gente parando de assistir kkkk(Following what I have already seen, they are delivering solid episodes and beautiful stories that intrepid people leaving the fluid animation and the beautiful animation but if it continues so we will have many people stopping to watch kkkk)
:):):):):)
Jul 18, 2017 9:10 PM

Jan 2013
Another great episode. But i still don't know what that Dragon did to help Aletta, did she somehow managed to let her stay in the restaurant for 7 days?
I was so curious to know what disease that girl had...because i have a feeling that they will heal her in the restaurant.
It seems that Zelda with Link's clothes will make an appearance in the next episode xD
I hope the characters that they introduced will appear in the next episodes.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 19, 2017 3:38 AM

Nov 2016
A great episode !! I loved the new recipes they showed in this episode <3 and the new character they showed is great and pretty too <3 <3 , I love how the Master of the restaurant treats them for free for the first time they come and he's very kind and forgiving <3 , Aletta is getting more used to the job and that's great , And she's so lucky because she's eating Master's food 3 times a day , HOW LUCKY SHE IS FFS xDD !!! , The mystery and the fantasy vibe they added to it is still great and intriguing <3 ... Anyways , I really loveee this It's really very exciting and enjoying to watch everytime especially for the good-looking and delicious foods and recipes <3 <3 and I really want more of this because it's really enjoyable and very intriguing so I'm ready for more , Looking Forward !!!!
IamanotakuuuJul 19, 2017 3:42 AM
Jul 19, 2017 4:06 AM

Mar 2013
I haven't eat anything when watching this Episode, and now I'm hungry lol, especially when the Spaghetti shows up...

Such a heartwarming and relaxing Episode. Especially the princess story.
Jul 19, 2017 8:05 AM

Jan 2017
This anime is such a nice escape, I love the relaxing vibe. Food looked great again this week and the new characters were interesting.

I love chef guy, I hope we earn more of his backstory and of the restaurant's beginnings.
Jul 19, 2017 2:04 PM
Dec 2016
man why? 3 episodes done and still nothings happening... i dont want it to be an action anime but i want a plot... even a little pülot would be great
Jul 20, 2017 11:47 AM

Dec 2016
I'm enjoying these episodes very much, especially this one, because of the little backstory of the characters and the first delicious dish they presented (and my favourite one, by the way): Spaghetti with bolognese sauce <3
Jul 20, 2017 6:35 PM

Apr 2014
i didn't really like the old man that stole the ideas....you're not fooling with your smile.....

although i don't mind watching new people eat different food each episode, it would be nice if they changed up the pace and introduced something else to the plot as well. but even if they don't, i still love watching the food
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2017 8:37 PM

Jun 2016
Food really can cure sickness. Just like how KFC chicken can cure me. Haha! I enjoyed this episode. I want a partfait now.

The ED song is really beautiful.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 20, 2017 9:53 PM

Jun 2012
The second part of the episode was adorable. Even with a new customer every episode, a decent amount of emotion is conveyed splendidly.
Jul 21, 2017 4:50 AM

Jun 2013
that was very nice
Jul 21, 2017 9:11 AM

Apr 2014
Thank God the princess showed up, I almost dropped this.
Jul 21, 2017 11:20 AM

Apr 2016
So, when will the plot-kun arrive...
Jul 21, 2017 4:20 PM
Jul 2016
I imagined Sirius a bit younger than that.

The anime probably won't get to the point where

Jul 22, 2017 2:36 AM

Oct 2008
oh! so pasta meal this time and Princess Adelheid enjoyed the Choco Parfait!
4/5.

Jul 22, 2017 8:44 PM

Jul 2010
AOTS? AOTS. 10/10.
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Jul 24, 2017 4:03 AM
Oct 2016
This is such a relaxing anime. The food always looks so yummy.... ٩(^ᴗ^)۶
I liked this weeks episode too. It made me hungry again (every episode has that effect on me).
Jul 25, 2017 2:58 AM
Oct 2016
Once again more yummy food for me to drool at. The princess looks like she has an interesting backstory that I'd like to see.
bread is yummy
Jul 25, 2017 2:54 PM

Feb 2008
The princess's desire to eat clouds was charming. Her segment of the episode was presented well, the visual style and sentimental implications complemented each other. (Not to mention the fact that the princess was cute.)

The merchant's tale was told well too. I guess that's one way to profit on one's own pleasant experiences.

The main theme is really starting to grow on me...
Jul 28, 2017 8:05 PM

Oct 2012
Awww what a heartwarming episode for me
Parfait? You're giving parfait to wrong character should have given it to Gintoki/Sugita's character.. Oh wait
"Signature removed"
Aug 6, 2017 5:11 AM

Jul 2009
I hope Adelheid won't die, it would be sad...
Aug 14, 2017 1:05 AM

Apr 2011
Man this episode is so relaxing but at the same time makes me hungry as well. Now I'm craving for sphagetti with meatballs and choco parfait.

Need to have the full version of the ED song. Its so calming.
Aug 15, 2017 7:06 AM

Apr 2012
Grandfathers had the place of honour this week, with two interesting takes on legacy. So far I'm enjoying the diversity the setting allows. There's also a certain nonchalance that reminds of Bartender. Good stuff.
Aug 16, 2017 7:59 AM
Jun 2013
As I have been watching this anime, I like this particular show, as I can watch it over and over again and not get bored with it.

As for Thomas and Sirius Alfade and Sirius tasting his first spaghetti and meat sauce and discovering grated Parmesan cheese and hot sauce making his spaghetti and meat sauce go up a level or two is funny. When Sirius finds out that his grandfather is a sham, because Thomas wanted to copy Nekoya's recipe so that he can eat it in his world, hasn't gotten to the level as Tenshu has.

Adelheid is a nice princess who tries to hold it together, because of certain things.

The one thing that they don't mention, is the pauper's disease that healing magic and herbal medicine can't cure that Adelheid has. Although they don't mention what it is, I think that it could be TB and from the looks of it is at a mild stage. At this point the only thing that Adelheid could do is rest and recuperate until her symptoms disappear.

Finally, a note about the door that leads to Nekoya, I think that when someone who wants to get away or needs some food, this door opens up and lets whoever in. Tenshu doesn't really understand how this door works, but is somewhat grateful that he has this door, because, at times, the customers can get unruly as to who dish is the best, as Altorius said, to each his own.
Aug 20, 2017 1:44 PM

May 2009
Is there any other plot then random fantasy characters begin introduced and eventually ending up in a restaurant to enjoy a meal? The only reason I am still watching is because of the chef, the curiosity of what dish they will have and the curiosity if the anime will actually have some sort of meaning/story/anything else that might be satisfying.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Sep 2, 2017 3:38 PM

Aug 2016
So relaxing, put a big smile on my face :)
Nanika ga Okashii
Sep 15, 2017 10:55 AM
Mar 2013
I just wonder, one of Adelheid's maid - the young one. Is her seiyuu Mikami Shiori? I heard her voice and guessed, there was no info about this maid.
Oct 1, 2017 11:58 PM

Jul 2016
4kicks said:
Good on the old man, thinking like a true shrewd entrepreneur, stealing ideas.

Oh good, they dive into a bit more of the financial side of the restaurant. Nope, scratch that. They took one step forward, and two steps back.

Alright, I'm stumped. I can't figure out the exact reason why he would give the businessman the restaurant's monthly proceeds for Day of Satur/Saturdays. I know he subtracts an amount from the lot for the bag of ingredients brought, but what about the remainder? Being his accountant? Is he holding it for him like a bank? Changing it to smaller coinage to use as change for customers who pay with large amounts and needs to break it up? Foreign exchange currencies between different countries? Or all/multiple of the above? And besides paying employees of another world, it's not like he needs to buy ingredients from there too, so how does the master go about changing the fantasy currencies to real world money (to keep the restaurant running as a business); sell to pawn shop that buys gold?? If he didn't care about profits, he'd take a pretty big hit in the bank book, even if it's only 1 out of 7 days, or more like especially because it's 1/7 days--those expenses add up. I can already see Gordon Ramsey giving the master a visit for his show on Kitchen Nightmares. Wish they explained a bit more as it's been bugging me.

As for the empire princess, it was sweet and cute and all, but I feel like they glossed over the "pauper's disease" bit, making it sound like it's apparently some kind of incurable deadly disease...but *poof*, all of a sudden an icecream parfait is all it took to cure her, or at least treat the symptoms. Now I wanna know "WTF was the disease then!?"

I'm sorry, but the realist side of me can't overlook all these plot holes, even if this show is meant to be a slice-of-life fantasy story of escapism.

And I bet I'm not the only one who saw them cutting corners on the animations...I hope they fix those for the BD/DVD releases, or else I'd think twice before buying them:

hey @4kicks, i just finished watching the ep and we somehow have similar thoughts. I too, can't seem to get over some facts that might be trivial for others, but I still get troubled by them.
Also, I came to the same question and googled a bit, and instead of finding the actual disease, i wandered off to crunchy roll where *smudgedragon* said (7/28/17):
"I assumed that the 'disease' the episode was talking about was actually a protein deficiency, similar to what swept the South after the Civil War. The poor, ie paupers, would be hit by it the hardest as anything meat related would be much more expensive in a non-industrialized state/nation, and something only nobility/rich would afford. Regularly eating cheese, milk, yogurt, ect. would easily and quickly reverse it. . ."

also, there were others who said it might actually be a state of mind where depression kicks in and gets cured with just a parfait (or other stress foods).
Do take note that 'healing' from their world might have been able to heal wounds, but not mental state, or chronic illnesses or just illnesses in general which may also include deficiencies/lack of nutrients. not to mention that their technology might not have been capable of producing a cure *yet*.

Anyway...

This might just be me and my twisted thinking, but shouldn't the master of the restaurant have more profits than that? (The issue of him not really caring about wealth or whatever)

considering 10,000 yen = 10 silver coins (refer to ep. 1 where he was offering a job),
let's assume 100 silver coins = 1 gold coin

wouldn't 8 Gold coins amount to 800,000 Yen which would more or less convert to 7000~8000 USD? Wouldn't that make him insanely rich even though he reaps that amount only every 7 days? not to mention that would only be 8 gold coins and does not include the rest of the contents of that box. Although the conversion of money is not possible (yet?), as there have been no evidence regarding the matter.

The old man even admitted that being a "Genius of Culinary Innovation" is all a sham, but he's still reaping profits in another world, while 'selling' ingredients to the chef. Isn't that a whole new level of plagiarism? Or would that be considered as a 'discovery' just because it came from a different world? hmm

I want your thoughts on this guys and gals and other creatures from another world ;o

"If beautiful women don’t celebrate their beauty, the entire human race loses out. Don’t you agree?”—Sonya

ƒ ♥♥
Oct 6, 2017 8:00 AM

May 2012
Another two very lovely parts in this episode, really loving it!
Oct 9, 2017 11:31 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Really sweet :) ''
張大です for 張大勇督察
Nov 26, 2017 2:25 PM

Feb 2012
She really likes clouds

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 26, 2018 8:13 PM
Jan 2011
leezodne said:
4kicks said:
Good on the old man, thinking like a true shrewd entrepreneur, stealing ideas.

Oh good, they dive into a bit more of the financial side of the restaurant. Nope, scratch that. They took one step forward, and two steps back.

Alright, I'm stumped. I can't figure out the exact reason why he would give the businessman the restaurant's monthly proceeds for Day of Satur/Saturdays. I know he subtracts an amount from the lot for the bag of ingredients brought, but what about the remainder? Being his accountant? Is he holding it for him like a bank? Changing it to smaller coinage to use as change for customers who pay with large amounts and needs to break it up? Foreign exchange currencies between different countries? Or all/multiple of the above? And besides paying employees of another world, it's not like he needs to buy ingredients from there too, so how does the master go about changing the fantasy currencies to real world money (to keep the restaurant running as a business); sell to pawn shop that buys gold?? If he didn't care about profits, he'd take a pretty big hit in the bank book, even if it's only 1 out of 7 days, or more like especially because it's 1/7 days--those expenses add up. I can already see Gordon Ramsey giving the master a visit for his show on Kitchen Nightmares. Wish they explained a bit more as it's been bugging me.

I'm sorry, but the realist side of me can't overlook all these plot holes, even if this show is meant to be a slice-of-life fantasy story of escapism.

And I bet I'm not the only one who saw them cutting corners on the animations...I hope they fix those for the BD/DVD releases, or else I'd think twice before buying them:

hey @4kicks, i just finished watching the ep and we somehow have similar thoughts. I too, can't seem to get over some facts that might be trivial for others, but I still get troubled by them.
Also, I came to the same question and googled a bit, and instead of finding the actual disease, i wandered off to crunchy roll where *smudgedragon* said (7/28/17):
"I assumed that the 'disease' the episode was talking about was actually a protein deficiency, similar to what swept the South after the Civil War. The poor, ie paupers, would be hit by it the hardest as anything meat related would be much more expensive in a non-industrialized state/nation, and something only nobility/rich would afford. Regularly eating cheese, milk, yogurt, ect. would easily and quickly reverse it. . ."

also, there were others who said it might actually be a state of mind where depression kicks in and gets cured with just a parfait (or other stress foods).
Do take note that 'healing' from their world might have been able to heal wounds, but not mental state, or chronic illnesses or just illnesses in general which may also include deficiencies/lack of nutrients. not to mention that their technology might not have been capable of producing a cure *yet*.

Anyway...

This might just be me and my twisted thinking, but shouldn't the master of the restaurant have more profits than that? (The issue of him not really caring about wealth or whatever)

considering 10,000 yen = 10 silver coins (refer to ep. 1 where he was offering a job),
let's assume 100 silver coins = 1 gold coin

wouldn't 8 Gold coins amount to 800,000 Yen which would more or less convert to 7000~8000 USD? Wouldn't that make him insanely rich even though he reaps that amount only every 7 days? not to mention that would only be 8 gold coins and does not include the rest of the contents of that box. Although the conversion of money is not possible (yet?), as there have been no evidence regarding the matter.

The old man even admitted that being a "Genius of Culinary Innovation" is all a sham, but he's still reaping profits in another world, while 'selling' ingredients to the chef. Isn't that a whole new level of plagiarism? Or would that be considered as a 'discovery' just because it came from a different world? hmm

I want your thoughts on this guys and gals and other creatures from another world ;o

My thoughts exactly. I thought I was the only one who thought that that old man was getting away with highway robbery. Every week he comes in with a sack of potatoes or whatever, gets all the profits from the restaurant, and then eats a free meal and bounces. Not only that, he's stealing ideas and making a fortune, probably investing the ideas and money he gets into his own business. There is absolutely no way I can rationalize this, especially since he could pay his staff much more money, as well as the fact that that money is literally useless to him. The only thing I can realistically think of is that he is buying some specific ingredients and just wants to improve the cooking (probably what the producers were going for) or what I'd rather think about is that Alfade or whatever his name is can grow Truffles or something like that, and the owner is dropping 7000-8000 a week in profits on getting all these truffles.

If he was buying Truffles, it would solve literally all the questions about his purchases, as well as how he keeps the restaurant afloat despite getting paid in money he can't use, letting random folks from another world eat shit tons of food and open up tabs, as well as why he throws all his profits at the pasta guy AND gives him free pasta week after week. This explanation also makes pasta man look less like a piece of shit because if he's offering something equal to what he's getting, it doesn't make it look like the owner is getting bent over backwards business-wise. Truffles could also be cheaper, common, or incredibly easy to grow in the other world, which would add yet another dimension to this trade. Just my two cents.
Feb 20, 2018 8:27 PM

Mar 2015
Another really quaint episode, it looks like we're just gonna be seeing all the different kinds of people he's catering to, and their stories.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 5, 2018 9:52 PM

Apr 2016
This episode feels heavy to me for the first half.So,all Thomas' achievement comes from this restaurant?And all his profit,business,names,staff deserves to be owned by this chef.Doing a load of work just to satisfy your customer from this anime makes me feel sad while other work for profit and take most of your effort for them to success but you still work hard for years.He even gives them foods for free.Atleast theres no customer asking for free refill breads and lemon juices.Lemon cost a lot here.
Hi,please be patient,thank you.
Apr 3, 2020 2:34 AM

Dec 2013
A relaxing episode. But I'm kind of curious why the manager gave all the proceeds to that pasta maker? And the exchange is a bag of vegetables? And the proceeds got some "gold" too that if he will sell it on Japan, it has a very high currency? If he gave all the proceeds like that, how about his income??

Anyway, Princess Adelheid is really cute especially when she ordered "clouds". I'm really curious too on how she will cope up with the disease tho.

Edit:
It seems that I'm not the only one who's questioning this lol
_kukiyomenaiApr 3, 2020 2:38 AM

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Mar 8, 2021 12:42 AM

Feb 2020
Another comfy and fluffy episode. That chocolate parfait looked so delicious nom nom. The princess was so cute. :3
Apr 25, 2021 12:23 AM
Apr 2021
Very slow episode, not much Aletta, I get they gotta intro other characters, but man this was a drag.
May 28, 2021 1:06 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The princess was so cute, she got her chocolate parfait xD
Oct 2, 2021 2:29 AM

Jan 2021
The princess is so beautiful and charming, her voice is also so soft and she is sooo cute when she eats the clouds :3

Ah, I want to eat parfait now. With her. :'3

Oct 2, 2022 2:10 PM
Dec 2015
I clicked my score by accident, let me change it.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Easter hunt help

Canfro - Apr 16, 2022

18 by Mithun1237 »»
Apr 3, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2017

163 by chocoalyaUwU »»
Apr 1, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2017

137 by Forum »»
Jan 15, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2017

69 by gyanburubii »»
Jan 8, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2017

83 by Hayley2877 »»
Sep 14, 2023 1:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.