Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 18, 2017 2:08 PM

Dec 2009
I think I just heard my queen Inoue Kikuko at the end.
Jul 18, 2017 6:51 PM

Jun 2012
Why doesn't the step sister of the MC friends doesn't appear on the opening? Just noticed...
Jul 18, 2017 7:18 PM

Mar 2009
They're really going after the shota lovers with this one, huh?
Jul 18, 2017 9:28 PM
Oct 2010
Am I the only one who found it odd that no one ever thought up the idea to use a rope-like structure for the joints in the mechs? I mean SURELY they have rope and understand its uses... I get that they haven't done any changes to the design for over 100 years but still urked me.
Jul 19, 2017 2:24 AM

Apr 2008
Snaita said:
Why doesn't the step sister of the MC friends doesn't appear on the opening? Just noticed...

Because she will never appears outside of the behemoth arc.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Jul 19, 2017 6:43 AM

Jun 2012
ZingFreelancer said:
Snaita said:

Because she will never appears outside of the behemoth arc.

lol, well that certainly explains it. they shouldn't have created her in the first place...
Jul 19, 2017 8:22 AM

Apr 2008
Snaita said:

lol, well that certainly explains it. they shouldn't have created her in the first place...

Okay, lets get a few things straight. The step sister (Stefania Serrati) you are referring to is actually a half sister. Stefani is a daughter of a noble (Joachim Serrati), she also have a brother (Baltsar Serrati).

Joachim is Archid and Adeltrud father (the twins family name is Olter). Which makes the twins the illegitimate children of Joachim Serrati. On the day twins met Ernesti, they wanted to run away in order to avoid dealing with their biological father. Who they apparently held some contempt for for sleeping with their mother and then abandoning her, I suppose. I don't remember details surrounding this part, I encourage you to check them out on your own.

At the end of the third episode, twins were told by Joachim to keep an eye on Ernesti (MC) and report directly to him if anything were to happen.

There was a tiny side story in the manga involving Baltsar challenging Archid (male twin) to a duel.

Jul 19, 2017 7:16 PM

Oct 2008
Good episode!
Ernesti status is leveling-up!
With the help of knight builders, Ernesti's idea to bring-up new type of Silhouette Knights will be like a revolution for this world...
okay of course there would be sly villains...
4/5.

Jul 20, 2017 6:26 PM

Jan 2011
Didn't really mind the exposition and testing. Ernie's backstory really does help it go down a bit. He's also pretty humble and gave credit to the knight who panicked in the last episode, props for him it even help build back his confidence. Even though it is still early as hell I still kinda feel this may have been better as a 2 cour. I mean it just feels a lot better than most LNs of similar style.
Jul 20, 2017 8:21 PM

Jun 2012
I'm loving the CG animation, but I think I'll like it more if the Silhouette robot is more distinguishable, maybe a power ranger color or something. Or maybe the weapon should be a scythe or laser, XD.

I wonder if Erni will design a flying knight someday.
Jul 21, 2017 5:16 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
To be invited to see the king now thats something that few 12 year olds will be given the chance to. But i guess after his feat i guess its to be expected. The king seems to be a wise and composed person. For a king to ask exactly what Ernie wants eh. That was unexpected. The dilemma that Ernie finds himself in is interesting. Ernie's wish really was surprising though. The expressions of everyone as Ernie said him building a mecha was a hobby though lol. So the challenge here for Ernie is to first create a entirely new knight from scratch that can effectively use the reactor eh. A very tall order indeed. I guess after such an event Stephania's father will be interested in Ernie. Seems Addy and her brother don't have a good relationship with him though. Ernie trying to explain how he managed to rewrite everything and control the mecha will be a hell of a tale. So the reason the mecha fell apart was because Ernie used all the mana in it eh.
Ernie's new inventions though are surprisingly effective. Weaving together individual weak strands into one one stronger one will indeed make it more durable and give it more flexibility while improving performance.

Adding a extra pair of arms to stabilize the weapons was an interesting approach as it will add more flexibility to the knights as well as well as giving them more firepower. Nice to see that Addy and her brother really are worried about Ernie. His intelligence does greatly outstrip them after all so its understandable that they will feel being left behind. The greatest disadvantage of building knights is the long build time due their size and the parts that they need. But that can be dealt with if you reduce their size i guess. Still its seeing Ernie and the mechanics work together to improve the knights with new tech though. Addy will love for Ernie to pay more attention to her eh. Dietrich sure has recovered from the battle pretty fast. The silhouette gears behave very much like power Armour though. The mock battle between Helvi's new prototype and Edgar sure was interesting and a great way to trial the new unit. Helvi's tactics certainly was interesting and took full advantage of her new suits gear. Still im glad that the trial was successful. The new mecha though sure was impressive and was a great first step for Ernie. The revelation that there are spies inside the town though was surprising but not completely unexpected.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2017 3:33 PM
Jul 2016
What part of being a programmer/otaku makes him qualified to build a Silhouette Knight? Did I miss something?
Jul 23, 2017 5:36 PM

Feb 2012
Ernesti man, why did you have to make it creepy?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 23, 2017 5:59 PM

Feb 2013
Monsters are never the real enemy... it's always other people. They'll probably steal the new tech designs and start a war.
Jul 23, 2017 10:12 PM

Feb 2012

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 25, 2017 7:42 AM

Apr 2008
Fortress_Maximus said:

The kingdom MC lives is considered the boondocks of human civilisation, so no.
Jul 26, 2017 6:20 AM

Aug 2012
Am I the only one that thinks it would have been better to put the firing jewels either in the palm of the hand or connected to the wrist? Also why do you need two extra arms? you can connect them directly to the shoulders.
Jul 26, 2017 6:51 AM

Aug 2012
AfroSlacker said:
What part of being a programmer/otaku makes him qualified to build a Silhouette Knight? Did I miss something?

Studying how the mechanical parts of robots for one. It was his passion after all. And the programmer part helped him with tweaking the controls. You also missed the fact that by the time the action starts he has spent 6 years (if I am not mistaking) researching Silouhette knights.
Jul 27, 2017 10:44 AM
Mar 2012
Liking Ernesti more, lol his otaku outbursts. The optimism he brings the team is quite nice, esp Dietrich turning over.
Focus on engineering & rope physics, balance etc quite nice to see develop. And scripting to automate the extra arms with aiming interface.
The cg battle is surprisingly good, can't wait for the real battles.
Aug 20, 2017 6:41 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Even during its exposition this has done a good job of keeping my interest and attention. It's kind of fascinating seeing them build and test the robots.

I don't really like how Ernesti knows everything. Yes, he was a smart guy back in the real world but it's hard to believe that he's some building genius too. Him being so perfect is kind of a turn off.

Yay, Helvi got plenty of screen time! She's a total babe.
Oct 30, 2017 10:57 PM

Dec 2012
Dat wish.
The father. They're all in the same room.
Utsukushii.
Helvi has nice oppai.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 12, 2017 1:35 PM

May 2012
Quite nice episode, loved the development! Let's see what's next.
Jan 9, 2020 7:12 PM

Apr 2009
At least the king is interested in his vision.

New and more effecient power transmission-actuator structure, back arms, etc... heck the mana-powered armor suits (Silhouette Gears) alone are great force multiplier in their own even if they're smaller than Silhouette Knights.

Dietrich has changed for the better, I think.

...and now back to plots and politics.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 3, 2020 9:59 AM

Sep 2017
The humans in this world must have smooth brains. Nobody thought of a single innovation for these giant robots in 100 years but Mr. C++ shows up and revolutionizes everything. "Do you guys not have ropes?"
Dec 30, 2020 9:18 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's nice improvements for the Knights, it's interesting, and especially with that end of episode I guess they'll have some opponents
Apr 25, 2021 7:50 AM

Sep 2012
Snaita said:

she is not mc step sister the both dark haired ones are siblings and not to mc
Aug 7, 2023 6:22 PM

Nov 2022
It really helps to have all the experience and expertise of your previous life when you introduce an invention of your own, doesn't it?
So, the Academy has a spy. While I did not see that twist coming, I cannot claim to be surprised. In a society such as this one, whenever something new and innovative is created, there are often third parties looking to benefit from it somehow.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2017

41 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:42 PM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2017

58 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 27, 2023 8:59 PM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2017

66 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 24, 2023 3:49 AM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2017

74 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 22, 2023 11:00 PM

Poll: » Knight's & Magic Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2017

64 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 21, 2023 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.