Forum Settings
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 23, 2018 8:45 AM

Nov 2010
Some streaming sites uploaded it with subs already
Feb 23, 2018 12:32 PM

Mar 2014
Well ok... I didn't thought I would have felt sad about this movie but it happened.
This movie was pretty good overall, I pretty much enjoyed it and since it managed to make me shed tears about the two main characters I guess I'll have no choice but to give it a simple 10/10.
Feb 23, 2018 12:56 PM

Mar 2016
Crying robot - RLY?
Bullshit story with great visual art.
Feb 23, 2018 2:30 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
So fucking good. Seriously, aaaahhhh

I loved this volume so much in the LN when I read it and finally watching this just made all those emotions resurge again. Content like this just perfectly encompasses everything I love about anime

Easiest 10/10 I've given out in years
Feb 23, 2018 2:41 PM

May 2017
HaXXspetten said:

I loved this volume so much in the LN when I read it and finally watching this just made all those emotions resurge again. Content like this just perfectly encompasses everything I love about anime

Could not agree more than that. My first 10/10 in 2018.
「ボクは…確かに現実に絶望している。だけど、自分には絶望していない!! 今がつまらないか…楽しいのか…平凡なのか…決めているのは現実じゃない。決めるのはボクだ!!ボクが望めば不可能はない!!」-桂木桂馬
"True, I've given up on the real world. However, I haven't given up on myself!! The world doesn't get to decide whether my life is boring, fun, or ordinary because that's my decision to make!! As long as I have the will, nothing is impossible!!" -Katsuragi Keima
Feb 23, 2018 3:07 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
copyrightRingo said:
HaXXspetten said:

Well, technically this is a Summer 2017 anime if we count the Japanese theatrical premiere time (which you normally would). But it would be my only 10 from all of 2017 if so
Feb 23, 2018 3:35 PM
Dec 2012
Nyaa "LessThan100GB" release has a watchable quality on tablet and would say pretty good subs this soon.
Feb 23, 2018 3:58 PM
Aug 2017
The first episode is finally out digitally!!
Feb 23, 2018 4:02 PM

Jan 2016
First 10/10 in 2018 goes to No Game No Life Zero. I'm lost for words!

HOW EFFING GOOD WAS THIS!? Tremendous job madhouse.

Also, the VA's were absolutely amazing this time around, so many emotions behind the words of Riku and co.
Feb 23, 2018 4:17 PM

Jun 2012

Don't worry sir, i won't :)

Fantastic adaptation, animation was spectacular, and i loved Riku and Schwi, i cried at few parts of movie, 10 out of 10 from me.
Feb 23, 2018 4:23 PM

May 2017
HaXXspetten said:
copyrightRingo said:

Well, technically this is a Summer 2017 anime if we count the Japanese theatrical premiere time (which you normally would). But it would be my only 10 from all of 2017 if so

Well yeah, I knew this move ie like a year ago but still. My first time giving 10/10 in 2018.
「ボクは…確かに現実に絶望している。だけど、自分には絶望していない!! 今がつまらないか…楽しいのか…平凡なのか…決めているのは現実じゃない。決めるのはボクだ!!ボクが望めば不可能はない!!」-桂木桂馬
"True, I've given up on the real world. However, I haven't given up on myself!! The world doesn't get to decide whether my life is boring, fun, or ordinary because that's my decision to make!! As long as I have the will, nothing is impossible!!" -Katsuragi Keima
Feb 23, 2018 4:48 PM
Mar 2014
God,what a godly anime seriously now that we learned how imanity survive...time to rewatch the series!!!!
Feb 23, 2018 5:21 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty good movie.
The show didn't really get me that invested but I guess the movie just opened things up for me.

I love the setting and the post-apocalyptic feel you get from the human perspective. Really feels like they were utterly hopeless and I want to see how Sora will build from that now that we see how Riku gave them that opportunity.
LeMastaFeb 23, 2018 6:15 PM
Feb 23, 2018 5:28 PM

Sep 2011
vicexxv said:
Prog_upworks13 said:

My country fansub subbing it from raw BD released

There's already an english sub from BD
And it's trash that's pretty much not even correct.
Feb 23, 2018 5:38 PM
Oct 2011
welp. time to rewatch no game no life!

i read one of the comments below saying it sucks that they reused the character design for sora and shiro, but I'm sure that was on purpose and that they are meant to be the reincarnation of riku and schwi. it's not just their character design that is the same, even their voice actors are. and they remain to be the only ones to both remind humanity that they can beat the gods because they are humans, and the only ones to defeat ted :)

also their last names are dola, which makes them descendents of stephanie dola from the original series, no game no life :)
Feb 23, 2018 6:30 PM
May 2016
Jibril tho. Wai u gotta kill Schwi D:
And Tet coming in @ the end still has me shook.
Feb 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Apr 2013
Now... I've watched the subbed CAM version already... and it was still amazing quality... which is pretty amazing...

But finally... the raws are out, the subs were out long ago... and some people have already put the 2 together...

Nep_Blanc release though was pretty amazing... x265 and 10-bit... omg...

It's 10pm and I've just finished downloading the movie (took 5 minutes or so) for the 5.4 gb file size... BUT FINALLY IT IS OUT AND I WILL NOT SLEEP UNTIL I FINISH IT

I REMEMBER READING THIS CHAPTER BY CHAPTER RELEASES ON BAKA-TSUKI I HAVE WAITED SO MANY YEARS. IT'S FINALLY COME IN HD!

Quick Gif... because this girl is too cute to resist :v
Hopefully i'll stop making more lol

duderusFeb 23, 2018 8:59 PM

Feb 23, 2018 7:41 PM

Jan 2013
was anyone else bored as hell ?

muh heart

war is bad

humans are sooo special

but sure, other then the gorgeous visuals and music, the plot was average
Feb 23, 2018 7:44 PM

Mar 2016
probably the most amazing movie of any source I've watched in the longest of whiles
Feb 23, 2018 8:49 PM

Mar 2017
Beautiful! Art is stunning, I really like Riku's last speech in the end.

Izuna blaming Jibril for what happened to Shuvi was priceless xD

I wonder what would Sora/Shiro say if Izuna told the story to them, also what would they say to Jibril knowing that she's the one who killed Shuvi, that would be hilarious.

10/10.

Also, can anyone tell me how did Izuna play chess with Tet?
BlueIsLoveFeb 23, 2018 9:00 PM
Feb 23, 2018 8:50 PM

Jul 2013
What the hell.

I'm not usually one for post-apocalyptic settings and I can count on one hand the number of times I've cried from a story. Teared up? quite a lot, but let loose a tear? Next to never. However this... This caught me off guard... and I love it.

First 10/10 in what feels like years.
Feb 23, 2018 9:13 PM

Jul 2009
Funny how they explicit implied that Shiro and Sora are the reincarnation of Schwi and Riku not only by the VAs but also by their own behaviors and I only noticed it at the end of the movie. /sigh

Great visuals, osts and quite a interesting history and also those goddamn ninjas everywhere...

10/10 would watch it again at 02:00 AM LuL
Feb 23, 2018 10:02 PM

Mar 2010
This is not "post-apocalyptic" it is "apocalyptic". XD As in, the apocalypse is ongoing / present tense. Does reframe NGNL S1 as the most colorful/happy post-apocalyptic story that I can think of at least.

Proposing to a different species who looks like a loli, doesn't appear to be very cuddly/soft (lots of metal bits to poke you in your sleep,) who you have a feeling was the one who destroyed your home town and killed all of those living there, and by her own declaration after expressing interest in procreating "has no holes".. That right there is undeniably 101% absolutely and utterly true love.

I feel like Sora/Shiro's relationship is nearly identical, just w/ a slightly different origin and motivation. I get that it's on purpose, just not really sure why..

The biggest question in my mind now is unfortunately: Does Jibril "have no holes" either? ~_~;; Has there ever been confirmation that flugel reproduce at all, much less sexually? We still haven't seen any male flugel, so now that I've thought this thought, it is going to bug me until I get S2 to distract me.
deadman80Feb 23, 2018 10:06 PM
Feb 24, 2018 2:11 AM

Oct 2016
Well I'll be damned, the Japanese really have a knack in writing machine to human stories. First Nier Automata then this, and I won't even mention all the in-betweens.
Feb 24, 2018 2:41 AM
Oct 2016
This just made an opening for a new season or movie that will never come
Feb 24, 2018 2:45 AM

Jul 2012
I just finished watching it. Holy shit. I was crying for such a large percentage of this movie.

Tears of joy, amazement, awe, sadness, just one after another.

No Game No Life never fails to deliver.
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Visit my Discord community: VGData.
For games, anime, & music.
Feb 24, 2018 2:59 AM

Dec 2016
Just perfect ! 10/10, too many fancy colors imo but the OST art story and sick fights are just amazing. 9.5/10
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Feb 24, 2018 3:55 AM

May 2012
ARRRGGGG so fu$$ing good.. 10/10

Feb 24, 2018 5:36 AM

Dec 2014
Ex-Machina should be machine right? Where do they get tears?

If they were built with human-like skin and why is there a need to store 'water' inside their body(machine)?

Or, Ex-machina was not pure machine but a cyborg that mix machine and living creature together?
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Feb 24, 2018 6:03 AM
Feb 2018
aLotQuestion said:

If they were built with human-like skin and why is there a need to store 'water' inside their body(machine)?

Or, Ex-machina was not pure machine but a cyborg that mix machine and living creature together?

Kids don't think about that )))
IRL Score 6/10 (for kids 8/10)
Feb 24, 2018 7:06 AM

Jan 2018
Very fun this was. I liked the Riku and Shuvi's relationship and how quick it establishes itself. Seeing the world how it was before Sora and Shiro ever existed was also very intriguing.

The action was awesome and the animation was top notch as expected by studio Madhouse. The ending of course gave me them feels. R.I.P OTP. And if course MH has to tease us with ending the film in present day, seeing Sora and Shiro continue their quest after the events of the TV anime.

Overall loved it and of course I'll be hoping for a second season.
Gave it 9/10
Not as great as series imo
Feb 24, 2018 7:14 AM

Dec 2010
Ohhh, very nice and bittersweet movie, hopefully we get season 2 soon.

5/5
Feb 24, 2018 8:32 AM
Jul 2011
aLotQuestion said:

Well, if you have eyes with the same structure as a human eye, you probably need something resembling tears for the same purpose.
As for the in-universe reason Ex-Machina are human-like, that was probably for the ease of contact with other races (more than half of all Disboard races are humanoids)
Feb 24, 2018 9:43 AM
Feb 2018
Turtle76rus said:
aLotQuestion said:

Well, if you have eyes with the same structure as a human eye, you probably need something resembling tears for the same purpose.
As for the in-universe reason Ex-Machina are human-like, that was probably for the ease of contact with other races (more than half of all Disboard races are humanoids)

Ok, then how it feel? - Just programm, or maybe your refrigerator have soul too?
Feb 24, 2018 10:36 AM
Aug 2016
Fya_EXel said:
Turtle76rus said:

Ok, then how it feel? - Just programm, or maybe your refrigerator have soul too?
eh? who said that Ex-Machina are just like IRL robots in the first place? All we know about them is that they aren't made of flesh and blood like the other races, and just because something made of anything other than flesh and blood IRL cannot feel doesn't mean the same apply for this anime.
Feb 24, 2018 10:49 AM
Nov 2015
Disappointing imo.
Feb 24, 2018 1:28 PM
Jun 2016
I love it this anime so much!!!
Feb 24, 2018 1:31 PM

Dec 2015
Oh man, I seriously didn't expect that I would enjoy this movie so much. The reason I liked the TV anime was mainly because of the games, and from the PVs it seemed like this would be mainly fighting. But yeah, I'm glad I was wrong, cause this movie made me seriously emotional. 9/10
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 24, 2018 1:39 PM
May 2013
It is soooooo f**king good!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 24, 2018 2:02 PM

Aug 2015
Loved it from the bottom of my heart.. The voice actors and all the good animation done, truly made the story into pure perfection. I’m left pretty much speechless......
Feb 24, 2018 2:13 PM

Sep 2012
Welp it was really good. Loved the power contrast between races and fight scenes. I wonder which race Tet is god of...

From what I heard there was a cut content with Artosh.

Feb 24, 2018 3:06 PM

Aug 2016
Enjoyable movie, love how it set up the building of the current world, under the god of games.
First half was a little slow, awesome end and some good emotion.
I also now hate Jibril.......a lot
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Feb 24, 2018 5:32 PM

May 2015
I was not prepared for this feels train... the story of how the world was created, humanity suffering & their incarnation/previous life was sad AF but at the end knowing that they are reunited again lift my spirit.
Feb 24, 2018 7:19 PM

Dec 2009
Someone said in a chat that they were like tearing up but UGHHHHHHHHHH

GAHHHHHH

This movie utterly wrecked me what the hell.

It anything it needed to be longer to flesh itself out more and improve pacing.. like another 30-45min.
GenesisAriaFeb 24, 2018 9:26 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 24, 2018 7:51 PM

Jul 2015
That was a very enjoyable movie! Knowing the backstory to the current world was definitely worth watching, the sacrifice made was painful, but worth it.

8.5/10 from my part, time to cross fingers and see if a second season comes soon, this series definitely deserves it.
Feb 24, 2018 8:30 PM

Apr 2013
Since I'm waiting for BD, I've seen bad score for this movie. And most of them are like "oh this isn't realistic" or something. Well, this isn't realistic earth from the first place...

Well, I guess it broke my expectation at least. (thx for the bad review)

The plot is like a Fate series, fighting for the holy grail. It's pretty good honestly. As for something that aren't explained, most of them can be explained easily if you wanna think tho. The pace is also good but can be improved. if only they explained the one year timeskip...

8/10 for me.
"As long as you're alive, something happy bound to happens"
-What a Wonderful World
Feb 24, 2018 8:39 PM
Oct 2012
In what order should i watch? Movie first, since it's a prequel? or series? and will i understand the movie if i haven't watched the series?
Feb 24, 2018 9:16 PM

Oct 2016
Meryel said:
In what order should i watch? Movie first, since it's a prequel? or series? and will i understand the movie if i haven't watched the series?

Watch it after finishing the anime at least. The movie relies upon the anime/LN's worldbuilding a lot. This part is revealed in vol. 6 of the LN, originally after the anime and a few more arcs, but those skipped arcs are not necessary for you to understand this movie.
Feb 24, 2018 9:51 PM
Jan 2018
i actually liked it lots.
personally, even though it might not be true, i really do hope that Riku and Schwi Dola were reincarnated into Sora and Shiro, respectively, and Couronne Dola reincarnated into her descendant Stephanie Dola.
and then Nonna reincarnated into her descendant Chlammy, and Shinku Nilvalen reincarnated into her descendant Fiel Nirvalen.
and so on and so forth for the important characters.
even though reincarnation isn't a thing in Disboard, with Riku and Schwi, it could work out since they could've been reincarnated into Sora and Shiro, respectively (or maybe not?...), as they came from another world.
but, anyways, the movie was awesome. yeah.
Feb 24, 2018 10:41 PM

May 2015
that was really good
feels
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» this movie is boring

Sunproof21 - Sep 28, 2021

42 by JJT1407 »»
Jan 21, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Schwi + Riku > Sora + Shiro

NotaMasterpiev - May 12, 2023

10 by Ionliosite2 »»
Sep 7, 2023 2:28 PM

Poll: » Preferred the movie to the series

Cestlavie_ - Jan 27, 2022

11 by removed-user »»
Aug 3, 2022 3:43 AM

» watch order?

Raulfin - May 26, 2022

18 by solomino »»
May 28, 2022 2:13 PM

» My problem

Immortalbeing - Apr 4, 2022

16 by Blank_BDM »»
Apr 11, 2022 5:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.