Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 12, 2017 10:16 AM

Dec 2014
Takeda is a nice guy, kinda feel bad for him.

Needed more Hotaru x Yuma this episode. xD

I don't like Fujiwara.
Jul 12, 2017 10:24 AM

Nov 2016
More Yuri this episode !!! , Just a bit tho but it's still amazing <3 <3 .. A cool episode they showed us Yuma's and Hotaru's childhood for a bit and Fujiwara showed us a different side of his persona when he's with Hotaru alone , It's kinda scary tho :0 .. And Takeda's really nice and thoughtful about others i kinda of like his character ... Anyways , A good episode and I'm REALLY ready for more Yuri xDD <3 <3 , Looking Forward !!!!
Jul 12, 2017 10:27 AM

Sep 2015
Hotaru must have developed some kind of negative past
Jul 12, 2017 10:27 AM

Jul 2007
AyumiVk said:
it's really hilarious to see people saying 'poor hotaru' or 'she just has the wrong boyfriend'.
i read the manga and she is total b*tch, and yuma is not better than her too..

Victim Blaming is such an outdated bullshit. "she deserved it" or "she brought it upon herself" is literally oldest trick in the misogynist vocabulary.
Jul 12, 2017 10:49 AM

Jun 2016
Fai said:
AyumiVk said:
it's really hilarious to see people saying 'poor hotaru' or 'she just has the wrong boyfriend'.
i read the manga and she is total b*tch, and yuma is not better than her too..

Victim Blaming is such an outdated bullshit. "she deserved it" or "she brought it upon herself" is literally oldest trick in the misogynist vocabulary.

oh, is it? she started going out with fujiwara knowing how he was and then people are saying she's only a poor girl, she also did start going out with him only for a sexual relationship, and then she thinks she can also steal her friend from her boyfriend and do the same thing she does with fujiwara with her.
takeda's the only victim here.
Jul 12, 2017 11:18 AM

Feb 2015
When I'm already sympathizing way more with Takeda than anyone else here it's obvious that this probably isn't for me. But meh, only 9 minute long episodes I'll power through it just to see how it ends.
Jul 12, 2017 11:27 AM

Mar 2017
AyumiVk said:
Fai said:

oh, is it? she started going out with fujiwara knowing how he was and then people are saying she's only a poor girl, she also did start going out with him only for a sexual relationship, and then she thinks she can also steal her friend from her boyfriend and do the same thing she does with fujiwara with her.

When a sexual relationship becomes abusive, it's the victim's fault? A sexual relationship does not make raping or molesting someone okay. The victim's actions, whether they be good or bad, does not make them responsible. It's like blaming an insect for getting trodden on.
    have a berry

good day lol
Jul 12, 2017 11:30 AM

Jun 2016
OPObsessed said:
AyumiVk said:

When a sexual relationship becomes abusive, it's the victim's fault? A sexual relationship does not make raping or molesting someone okay. The victim's actions, whether they be good or bad, does not make them responsible. It's like blaming an insect for getting trodden on.

if it's like you're saying then she must be a masochist because she's still with him, if she didn't want to be molested or something like that then she could've just stop the relationship. but no, she still wants it.
Jul 12, 2017 11:45 AM

Mar 2017
AyumiVk said:
OPObsessed said:

if it's like you're saying then she must be a masochist because she's still with him, if she didn't want to be molested or something like that then she could've just stop the relationship. but no, she still wants it.

She could be scared or confused. Or that might've been the first time it happened/she felt threatened. I haven't read the manga, so I'm basing this on the first two episodes. But you could be right. She could have https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_masochism_disorder . Doesn't mean she brought it on herself if she's mentally ill.

I agree that her actions have been less than favourable. It has nothing to do with the situation with silver-hair though. It's not 'karma' or anything.
    have a berry

good day lol
Jul 12, 2017 12:06 PM

Jan 2015
I liked this episode much more than the last one. I liked how we got to see a little backstory for our heroines seeing that Yuma was protecting Hotaru was sweet <3 I like those 2 more than before. Good girl Yuma always looking out for her friend Hotaru even though Hotaru is friendless she tried to get Hotaru to meet her friends, Yuma you are so nice <3
I wish they remained this friendship though and not just started doing all those yuri things, come on Hotaru why'd you go that far. I feel like its because she is very lonely and she has no one but Yuma to rely on and she started liking her ever since Yuma startd helping her. And Yuma doesnt push her back because she doesnt want to hurt her firend (which i can understand) again good friend Yuma.

I feel like i understand both characters and thats why the anime is not bad for me in general. I feel bad for Takeda since he is a really good guy and passionately loves Yuma, just sad that he is getting backstabbed so badly.
Jul 12, 2017 12:40 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I feel bad for both of their boyfriends lol.....These guys are in the process of getting cucked so hard
Jul 12, 2017 1:07 PM

May 2017
OPObsessed said:
AyumiVk said:

She could be scared or confused. Or that might've been the first time it happened/she felt threatened. I haven't read the manga, so I'm basing this on the first two episodes. But you could be right. She could have https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_masochism_disorder . Doesn't mean she brought it on herself if she's mentally ill.

I agree that her actions have been less than favourable. It has nothing to do with the situation with silver-hair though. It's not 'karma' or anything.

Just to put what @AyumiVk said another way - just speaking in general, here, I don't know any more about Hotaru beyond the anime either - but we have to be careful not to conflate reckless behavior with "victim blaming."

This is a subject I have talked to my daughters a lot about - one is in college and the other in high school. Just because, for example, you want to walk down that dark alleyway alone at night in skimpy clothing doesn't give people the right to assault you. But don't give me that shocked, surprised look that someone dared to take advantage of you, either. Part of being an adult is learning to minimize risks, including to your personal safety. Moral high grounds will not keep you from getting hurt in the real world. It's sorta like walking in front of a moving car when you have the right of way crossing a crosswalk. Sure, they are supposed to stop, and if they run you over then they're in the wrong, but that won't make anyone feel any better if you're dead.

Likewise, and more to the point with Hotaru here, I have seen men and women alike in abusive relationships, before. Sometimes the abuse comes out of the blue and shocks an innocent unknowing victim, but I can assure you that this is not always the case. Some people enjoy living on the edge, hanging out with dangerous people, doing dangerous things, and generally treating life like a thrill ride. When their actions come back to bite them in the ass, it's not karma, as you put it, that's just what happens in life sometimes when you make bad choices.

I don't claim to know the depth of Hotaru's backstory, but she sure seems like the type of girl who gets a rush from seducing others, the naughtier the better. It's her way of being in control. She knows what she's doing. I feel very little sympathy for her ilk, in fiction or in real life.
Forum sniper of MAL. Accuracy, efficiency. Beware the catgun.
Jul 12, 2017 1:18 PM

Sep 2013
Date rape, abuse and victim blaming? lmao people will actually defend the guy XD
Jul 12, 2017 1:32 PM
Jul 2018
Okay, am I the only one who's SLIGHTLY starting to feel cringy at the drama at the moment? It just feels weird... now, I know that in the later episodes it becomes darker, but since I feel like it's beginning that way... the way it was executed was just poor, mostly because of the timing the show has, it doesn't really give enough time to grasp things up.

If it is the case I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes the next possible trainwreck for my watching list I guess.

Overall I will say the same as my prior impressions, meh. But I feel like it's slightly becoming worse from here for me which isn't a good sign at all.
Jul 12, 2017 1:46 PM

Jul 2016
Well the insight on their childhood kinda gives a bit more meaning behind Yuma's motives... Also getting a low key Kuzu no Honkai vybe here.... Very low key tho
damn, the forums these days...
Jul 12, 2017 1:55 PM

Mar 2017
Phantasy_Starved said:
OPObsessed said:

Just to put what @AyumiVk said another way - just speaking in general, here, I don't know any more about Hotaru beyond the anime either - but we have to be careful not to conflate reckless behavior with "victim blaming."

This is a subject I have talked to my daughters a lot about - one is in college and the other in high school. Just because, for example, you want to walk down that dark alleyway alone at night in skimpy clothing doesn't give people the right to assault you. But don't give me that shocked, surprised look that someone dared to take advantage of you, either. Part of being an adult is learning to minimize risks, including to your personal safety. Moral high grounds will not keep you from getting hurt in the real world. It's sorta like walking in front of a moving car when you have the right of way crossing a crosswalk. Sure, they are supposed to stop, and if they run you over then they're in the wrong, but that won't make anyone feel any better if you're dead.

Likewise, and more to the point with Hotaru here, I have seen men and women alike in abusive relationships, before. Sometimes the abuse comes out of the blue and shocks an innocent unknowing victim, but I can assure you that this is not always the case. Some people enjoy living on the edge, hanging out with dangerous people, doing dangerous things, and generally treating life like a thrill ride. When their actions come back to bite them in the ass, it's not karma, as you put it, that's just what happens in life sometimes when you make bad choices.

I don't claim to know the depth of Hotaru's backstory, but she sure seems like the type of girl who gets a rush from seducing others, the naughtier the better. It's her way of being in control. She knows what she's doing. I feel very little sympathy for her ilk, in fiction or in real life.

Woah. Haha. This really brought out the parent in you. I think you're giving @AyumiVk too much credit. Your post did more than put it in "another way". It went above and beyond.

The 'karma' that I mentioned was a dig at those who believe in something so ridiculous. That is, the spiritual concept. Unfortunately, it has made its way into the minds of young people.

I don't want get into a flame war or a hefty debate, so I'll be clear. I agree with everything you said. I can see how it would seem like I was defending Hotaru's actions just because she may be a victim. I was defending her, but I was not defending her behaviour. I was merely saying that silver-hair's actions are not Hotaru's responsibility/fault.
OPObsessedJul 12, 2017 2:00 PM
    have a berry

good day lol
Jul 12, 2017 2:07 PM

Mar 2016
I'm not really feeling this anime as much as many people....

But what was with white hair boyfriend he's so aggresive and rapey
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2017 2:08 PM
May 2017
Oh my gosh! I think some people do not know the concept of abusive relationship around here ... ZZZ
Jul 12, 2017 2:11 PM

Mar 2014
A bit fast-paced. Hotaru keeps being annoying and invasive, Takeda is a good guy and Fujiwara seems like an abusive asshat. Yuma needs to get her shit sorted.
Jul 12, 2017 2:19 PM

May 2015
Fujiwara's true colors showing. Fucking jackass.

Jul 12, 2017 2:33 PM
Nov 2015
Sande said:
Is the manga really this fast paced or are they rushing the anime? I felt like the backstories and the amusement park scene went by a bit too fast.

nope, that's just how it is. the backstories were actually supposed to be in the previous episode but they switched it to this episode. other than that, it's actually a surprisingly good adaption of the manga.
Jul 12, 2017 2:43 PM

Jun 2015
These comment sections are going to be great. Helps me fulfill my sadistic Yuri NTR desires *bathes in the tears*

Anyway, this was an improvement from episode 1 for sure. But it's a shame these episodes are so short, it feels rushed, and honestly half the pace would be just perfect to make the drama at least as impactful as the manga. Still some weird fade to white cuts I don't understand as well, I wish they would just stop that lol.

It's alright, at the end of the day. My biggest complaints are too fast and the Yuri scenes aren't as hot as they were in the manga, and both of these things may unfortunately just be the way it is going forward.
Jul 12, 2017 2:49 PM
Jan 2017
All this show is doing is making me feel more sorry for the boyfriend I feel like in the end he'll be the most screwed over while then white/grey haired kid gets off scot free
Jul 12, 2017 5:00 PM
Nov 2014
Seems like Hotaru and Fujiwara are the type of people that stride to be the Alpha in a relationship. Fujiwara becomes a Douche because he can't get what he wants, while Hotaru toys with Yuma to hide her weakness.

I like it so far.
Jul 12, 2017 5:06 PM
Apr 2014
Whenever those girls get aproach my heart races like any Yuri has never done to me. So this is for me one of the best animes I've ever seen
Jul 12, 2017 5:07 PM
Mar 2013
Juanfeis said:
Whenever those girls get aproach my heart races like any Yuri has never done to me. So this is for me one of the best animes I've ever seen

You haven't seen Maria-sama ga Miteru, don't ya?
Jul 12, 2017 5:30 PM

Jan 2016
I'm pretty sure this wouldn't really catch my eye if it wasn't a Yuri, but oh well. Still hoping for Citrus here
Jul 12, 2017 7:28 PM

Apr 2017
My expectations haven't really gone up since the last episode... I guess I'll just continue it and see where it goes.
Jul 12, 2017 8:16 PM
Feb 2015
I'M SO PISSED, TAKEDA DOESN'T DESERVE THIS
Jul 12, 2017 9:12 PM

Aug 2014
This is cute and comfy and all, but when do they all fuck.
Sieg Zeon!
Jul 12, 2017 11:02 PM

Dec 2016
Really wish these episodes were longer and they didnt start making out every time they were on the screen together. I need some damn bonding with my yuri. Yuma is bonding better with Takeda than Hotaru. So not cool
Jul 13, 2017 5:56 AM

Jun 2013
This week end credit card made by :
https://myanimelist.net/people/16821/Hina_Shirogane
Jul 13, 2017 5:59 AM

Jun 2013
Peterzas said:
I'M SO PISSED, TAKEDA DOESN'T DESERVE THIS

wait until Fujiwara fu**ed hotaro
Jul 13, 2017 6:06 AM

May 2014
So its safe to say that the white haired dude is a complete dick
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jul 13, 2017 10:33 AM
Nov 2015
OPObsessed said:
AyumiVk said:

Honestly I think we'll just have to wait for more details on why Hotaru even agreed to being in this type of relationship and why she continues to be in it even though she got kinda abused and whatnot, also in the manga, she kept on refusing to do it with Fujiwara but then later on in ch.4 she suddenly agrees to do it with him, so essentially what I'm pointing out here is that Fujiwara must be blackmailing Hotaru or something cause when we see the 2 hanging out within the locker room I believe, Fujiwara comes up behind her and hugs her asking "should we go back to the room early? or" and the rest of that part of what he is saying is just like scribbles, and this is is after when Fujiwara spotted Yuma and Hotaru being gay with each other basically. Though this is my theory, obviously there are some other parts that can basically be used to go against this theory but then again we don't really have much info yet about Hotaru and Fujiwara's relationship hopefully sometime within the manga/anime we can get an insight of this sex-only relationship and get some insight to why Hotaru even said yes to this so-called deal.
Jul 13, 2017 2:20 PM

Apr 2014
this just keeps getting worse....wasn't planning on dropping this but if the next episode is just as cringy i will have to
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2017 3:08 PM

Mar 2017
D_Mster said:
OPObsessed said:

Honestly I think we'll just have to wait for more details on why Hotaru even agreed to being in this type of relationship and why she continues to be in it even though she got kinda abused and whatnot, also in the manga, she kept on refusing to do it with Fujiwara but then later on in ch.4 she suddenly agrees to do it with him, so essentially what I'm pointing out here is that Fujiwara must be blackmailing Hotaru or something cause when we see the 2 hanging out within the locker room I believe, Fujiwara comes up behind her and hugs her asking "should we go back to the room early? or" and the rest of that part of what he is saying is just like scribbles, and this is is after when Fujiwara spotted Yuma and Hotaru being gay with each other basically. Though this is my theory, obviously there are some other parts that can basically be used to go against this theory but then again we don't really have much info yet about Hotaru and Fujiwara's relationship hopefully sometime within the manga/anime we can get an insight of this sex-only relationship and get some insight to why Hotaru even said yes to this so-called deal.

Spoiler alert! 😝 Nah, thanks. I'm totally hyped for next week now!
    have a berry

good day lol
Jul 13, 2017 5:42 PM
Mar 2017
There is like no animation on this at all. I swear I'm just looking at cuts to colorized scenes of the manga. Seriously why even bother making an anime if its scene by scene identical to the manga.
Jul 13, 2017 7:51 PM

Jul 2015
Yeah, really not feeling this. It's GAY, but I don't quite like being dropped so deep into the drama without time to understand the characters even a little. I like the MC, but her gay friend is just annoying to me. I'm dropping out here, see yall around.

Also silver hair is a douche.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 13, 2017 8:53 PM

Oct 2008
So every-time when Hotaru is in a bad mood, she goes for Yuma and attacks her and it will fix herself in the process.
Yuma easily gives in to the pleasure Hotaru provides her...so this is just lust...and not love?
4/5.

Jul 14, 2017 1:01 AM

Jul 2007
D_Mster said:

Honestly I think we'll just have to wait for more details on why Hotaru even agreed to being in this type of relationship and why she continues to be in it even though she got kinda abused and whatnot,

None of that matters though. Those are literally non factors because the nature of being a victim means she is under duress. There's no situation in the world where saying "abuse victim brought it upon herself" would be justified.
Jul 14, 2017 12:26 PM

Nov 2009
Oh, this is getting twisted. Fujiwara is a more wicked than you'd think, and unlike that more outgoing friend of his, he's not blind. Why is Hotaru dating him in the first place is a question to be answered. Some kind of blackmail, possibly?
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 14, 2017 1:03 PM

Jun 2013
I don't know man this is boring
Jul 14, 2017 1:33 PM

Sep 2015
Takeda is too nice to get cheated on... But I think Yuma is kind of doing this because she is in an abusive relationship?
Jul 14, 2017 5:57 PM

Mar 2009
Looks like Hotaru is doing all this to Yuma because of how she's being treated by her horrible boyfriend.
Jul 14, 2017 6:02 PM
Jul 2017
This show has two big problems...

1: The episodes are only ten minutes long (less with OP and ED).

2: The usage of the term "NTR".

Too many people seem to be looking at the show as if it's about Takeda. It's not. It's about Yuma and Hotaru's relationship and how neither of them can clearly communicate or be honest even with themselves about what they really want. Yeah, it's drama, even forced drama, but that's how relationships are sometimes.
Jul 14, 2017 11:01 PM

May 2016
i thought i'd support hotaru and yuma but their relationship seems basic. it's just hotaru kinda raping yuma everytime after hearing about what she did with takeda. well sorry to say this but i ship the straight couples. also i wanna see more of fujiwara and hotarus story.
Jul 15, 2017 12:42 AM

May 2015

Yuma is inexperienced in romance and doesn't really know what to do...

So Hotaru goes to Yuma to comfort herself...

Takeda being the nice guy...typical for an NTR...

And Fujiwara lashing out like that...hmm...maybe it has something to do with Hotaru possibly being a cuck...Show me the cucks!
Jul 15, 2017 3:33 AM

Sep 2013
Rushed. But so glad to finally see Hotaru's lifeless eyes.

Also, fuck you Fujiwara
Jul 15, 2017 3:35 AM

Feb 2012
Trashy trash relationships all around (but hey, it's realistic that people don't want to directly communicate anything uncomfortable or vulnerable), and god, I can't help noticing how 1) rushed this is and 2) how much they skimp on animation by using still/panning shots with only one character's face moving when they talk so much of the time. <:'D

Gonna keep watching this, though.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Netsuzou TRap Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2017

59 by Track44 »»
Sep 17, 2023 10:05 PM

Poll: » Netsuzou TRap Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

115 by PedroKarim64 »»
Aug 5, 2023 9:40 AM

Poll: » Netsuzou TRap Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

34 by PedroKarim64 »»
Aug 5, 2023 9:02 AM

Poll: » Netsuzou TRap Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

43 by PedroKarim64 »»
Aug 5, 2023 8:13 AM

Poll: » Netsuzou TRap Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2017

37 by PedroKarim64 »»
Aug 5, 2023 8:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.