Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 5, 2017 2:34 PM

Mar 2016
Okay so this fingerblaster anime is full form but then all the shows I'm really interested in are like 10 mins ? I have no idea

Quiz bowl is sorta like Knowledge Bowl (a state competition where I'm from)
I'll give this two more episodes and see if I'll continue it
Also what does this anime have cross-dressing?
UrbanJahtsJul 5, 2017 2:45 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2017 2:38 PM

Jun 2017
first insta drop anime of the season.
that voice is awful.
Jul 5, 2017 2:57 PM

Aug 2013
Huh? Most of you here are complaining about voice acting of main girl. I really liked it tbh. To he precise, I went to this thread because I wanted to say that I liked her voice actress xD it's just different, that's all.

Btw, nice start. I'm rather not interested in quizzes etc, but they got me interested.
Unexpectedly, I'm looking forward for more.
rsc-plJul 5, 2017 3:06 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 5, 2017 3:02 PM
Jan 2017
A good star but the Mari's voice acting is so bad :s
Jul 5, 2017 3:04 PM

Nov 2014
This is the "panty shot" that people are outraged over?

Not a bad episode, but not really strong enough to justify continuing. I think I'll pass.

3/5
Jul 5, 2017 3:05 PM

Feb 2016
I liked it. It was much more fun than i thought it would be. And i heard nothing wrong with Mari's voice, it's simply not as moe as one perhaps could expect.
Jul 5, 2017 3:40 PM

Apr 2017
This anime had pretty strong start. I'm very looking forward to how it will end up!
Jul 5, 2017 3:43 PM
Jul 2018
Personally this show isn't for me in all honesty. The first half felt too slow for my taste and not only that, I kinda disliked the main male character, and the second half felt underwhelming for me as well. The only thing I liked about this is the Opening and Mari... that's kind of it.

For now I'll leave it at dropped, but I'll pick it up later on at some point. It's just not for me in the end.
Jul 5, 2017 3:52 PM

Jun 2012
Only thing I didn't like was the panty shot. The quiz concept was definitely something I liked, good to see in an anime.
Mari's VA was...weird, though. Like it didn't belong there at all, didn't match with her facial expressions.
Jul 5, 2017 5:12 PM

Sep 2011
I'll also hop onto the "weird VA voice" train, but considering she's only done 3 supporting and this is her first major role I'm willing to be patient. This isn't a romcom or anything where "traditionally sexy" voice acting is required. All I hope for is that she can grow over time and become a new voice. We seriously need some new female leads. I'm getting tired of hearing the same 6 voices, 2 of which are indistinguishable.
Jul 5, 2017 5:14 PM
Dec 2015
dated art, little movement of characters the concept is cool but the animation and art is going to turn a vast majority away. hopefully it improves. im not going to give my full opinion on the plot yet but the panties added nothing not even character development really its just there maybe to pad the runtime. whatever
Jul 5, 2017 6:22 PM

Dec 2010
It is off to a great start. Looking forward to next week.
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Jul 5, 2017 7:18 PM
Jul 2018
This was surprisingly very entertaining for me!

I am glad I picked it up, instead of ignoring it (like I planned to do initially). Looking forward to future episodes~
Jul 5, 2017 9:24 PM

Apr 2011
THE PLEAAASSSIRES OF BUTTONS AND PUSHINNNG ITTTT FWWWYAAAHH

My biggest question is will this surpass the manga translations that have come out so far?
It's been five years...
Jul 5, 2017 10:16 PM
Feb 2012
This anime was a real pleasant surprise to me. I never heard of the manga before but this show seems really great. Was won over by it instantly.

Also I really enjoyed Umika's performance. I always really loved more masculine/deep/gravely sounding seiyuu, so I loved her performance so far.
Jul 6, 2017 12:02 AM

Jun 2015
Well I found it quite entertaining.
:)
Jul 6, 2017 1:06 AM

May 2017
renrinken said:
This anime was a real pleasant surprise to me. I never heard of the manga before but this show seems really great. Was won over by it instantly.

Also I really enjoyed Umika's performance. I always really loved more masculine/deep/gravely sounding seiyuu, so I loved her performance so far.

Same here :D

Im going to check out the manga later o.O
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2017 1:57 AM

Mar 2009
Why does this remind me of Phi Brain?
Jul 6, 2017 2:17 AM

Nov 2010
Other than main girl's voice i like the show.
Jul 6, 2017 7:14 AM

Oct 2015
OP was great, yeah the main female VA isn't handling her role really well atm. There's always room for improvement. It didn't really have any ridiculous ways of becoming faster at pressing the buzzer. Overall a pretty nice start. :)
Jul 6, 2017 7:15 AM

Aug 2016
ButtSlapper said:
wow the VA who voices the main female character should take a Japanese lesson to improve her pronunciation.

Same. I'm not usually picky on VAs to be famed, but Mari's VA performance, before any voice style and emotion issues, has to deal with the basic enunnciation. This is necessaary even for an actor in dramas. I'm not sure if I'm the only one who finds one can make out what she's saying, but something seems to be clotting between the syllables.
An unclear voice is unnatural for a shounen manga style dominant female lead, at least not a well-trained genius in the setting of Fast Fingers First competitions like Mari.

Fast Finger First competition is one of my childhood memories, and for that I've followed 7O3X manga for at least a year. I believed I wouldn't drop this anime even if it's mediocore, but the slow paste of ep1 and the production's inconsiderate choice of lead VA has forced me to think twice.
一期一会
Jul 6, 2017 7:23 AM

Mar 2013
Nice start. The anime could use up some soundtrack to liven up the atmosphere during the quiz though.

Also, just like others said. The girl's VA did a terrible voice acting. She sounded so bland and stiff. I just hope it doesn't grow on my irritation level over the course.
Jul 6, 2017 10:38 AM

Jan 2013
It was an...interesting start, I love both the concept and the way it is introduced, and the MC is a proper one for this kind of anime.
However, I though that the voice acting of the woman was a little bit...weird, I dunno, it was a little distracting and I didn't find it cute :'(
Maybe her voice will become more enjoyable after some episodes (she seems new in the industry), or maybe that once used to this voice, I won't mind it who knows.

Also, I found it funny how our MC couldn't become librarian because of his shyness x)
Jul 6, 2017 11:18 AM
Jan 2017
It was a good start. I remember reading some of this some years back.

The animation was solid and the explanation to quiz bowl was easy to understand.

The voices though. The female mc's voice sounded awkward at best and while the male mc sounded like I thought he would, the combination of their two voices when they interact makes it hard to follow conversation.
Jul 6, 2017 12:39 PM
Mar 2016
Kinda looks ok.......for now. Man, I wish it was Saori Hayami who voices mari instead of Umika.
Jul 6, 2017 3:17 PM
Jul 2008
Wow. WOW. It's been a WHILE since I heard such bad voice acting, that main girl's voice is AWFUL, it doesn't fit at all. Who the hell decided to cast her when she doesn't fit with the character she's doing even a single bit?
Jul 6, 2017 7:17 PM

Feb 2016
abecyo said:
Umika Kawashima(Fukami) is a japanese idol.
her experience of VA is very poor.
ALL JAPAN HIGH SCHOOL QUIZ CHAMPIONSHIP (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyeM-ShCsbM&t=57s) is aired on NTV every summer.
They want to cast her as a guest on the show because idol is quite more famous and popular than VA.

Thanks for the background information! Always appreciated when people who know a lot of stuff share! :)

renrinken said:

I also like her plain normal realistic voice. Real people talk different in real life, so of course they should be doing this in anime as well. I don't see tha VA as bad. I see her play a character that's a bit insecure, and not used to talk among strangers. The VA now have great potential to let herself and her character evolve and improve along the road through the next eleven episodes! Ganbatte!
Jul 6, 2017 7:28 PM
Oct 2016
The questions are somewhat hard to answer because half of them are based on Japanese education and general knowledge.
Jul 7, 2017 6:34 AM

Jun 2013
well that wasn't bad
Jul 7, 2017 10:25 AM

May 2016
seriously, this is more like a sport anime than a quizzes.
Jul 7, 2017 11:53 AM
Mar 2012
I didn't like this enough to listen to a VA who sounds like she is just reading lines.
Jul 7, 2017 12:21 PM

Nov 2016
I got so damn hypedddddd while watching this episode , My heart started beating faster and faster and when the last question was asked i was like ^* CALM THE FUCK DOWN MY HEART *^ , This anime got a lot of potential i give you that for sure , It's going to get much and much better i'm so certain of it ... Anyways the concept is kind of new and it's reallyy sooo enjoyable , I felt like time was passing by faster while watching the episode it realy makes you hypedd for more 🔥🔥🔥 , Koshiyama is really smart , calm and collective he kinda gets embarrassed quickly and i think that's a good side of his personality but when he was in that Quiz Show he was like " Fuck people , Let's try this " and it was plainly amazing , what he did was pretty awesome and that's why i love his character a lot and i thought he has a big chance of becoming the Quiz King so yea he's pretty amazing , Fukami is cute and she's pretty smart too but when she gets serious well that's another story , The way she changed was so sudden i was like ^* Shit's about to go down *^ it was so cool how she changed and that's how Koshiyama got his motivation to answer , This fast buzzing thing made me so freaking hyped i was going to die ( I imagined the things that's going to happen later ) so yea i was about to die 😂😂 so i think Fukami and Koshiyama are going to be a great pair together in the Quiz shows and i just can't describe how hypedddddd 🔥🔥🔥🔥 , Anyways i can't wait for next week's episode and i hope this anime doesn't betray my expectations 🔥🔥👌 , Looking Forward !!!!
IamanotakuuuJul 7, 2017 12:25 PM
Jul 7, 2017 2:30 PM
Jul 2015
man that was not better but not worst.. its like *ahh.. mmm... mah mah desu~ (sarcastic tone), maybe i'll stick around sometime, but if that VA doesn't improve, maaaann, i think ill be dropping this and proceed to manga.... i am expecting of impression like same with baka to test but....dissapointing.... if were the director, i should make it like shounen-ish style quiz battle like the president is like seducing with pride tone(maybe in sadistic matter) hauling audience to join, then a complete touchdown with characters battling in quiz style like weekly jump style (shokugeki no soma style)...... that was my only opinion
Jul 7, 2017 3:56 PM
Sep 2013
sadly Mari's VA did it worse than what Matsui Rena did back then in denpa kyoushi (both r coming from an artist to become a seiyuu hence the comparison)

weird that she did the post-credit voice acting just fine tho

anyway i'm all in for this, i do love this kind of sports tho, kinda in line with Karuta in Chihaya.

Also i used to do this kind of thing back in my school days, even won something lol
Jul 7, 2017 11:03 PM

Oct 2013
I'm actually very surprised of the low rating. It wasn't really that bad at all. I actually liked Fukami's voice. It's nice to hear a different voice for a change. Sometimes, she sounds sounded a little boring, but I think it will be better over time
Jul 8, 2017 2:14 AM
Jul 2017
I wrote an entire essay on Kawashima's MAL page (about her seiyuu gigs) so I hope you guys check it out, heh. tl;dr I hope she does improve eventually. It's kind of harsh that people want to drop the anime just 'cause of her when I can see that it has potential :^|
Jul 8, 2017 5:25 AM

Jun 2012
I liked this, but the seiyuu voice annoys me, but only at the end of the ep don't know why. If they wanted to do a more deep voiced female character they could have give her a fitting look, instead we have the standard bishoujo look with a masculine voice...
SnaitaJul 8, 2017 5:29 AM
Jul 8, 2017 7:02 AM

May 2017
It seriously gives me chihayafuru vibes when they start do the quiz test, especiallly the girl just like chihaya with that 'hearing ability(?)', gonna stick to it, we'll see if this gonna keep me interest for more ep.
Jul 8, 2017 9:26 PM
Sep 2011
Leo_10 said:

I'm I the only one who liked Fukami's voice actor??

I like her VA! I think people are weirded out because her voice lower than usual for a female in that kind of role, but I find it refreshing!
Jul 9, 2017 10:12 AM

Mar 2012
The female MC's VA sounds like she's got a major lisp. It's rather unpleasant.

Jul 9, 2017 10:22 AM

May 2015
Enjoy this first episode, minus the underwear joke (which only happens once in the entire manga for some odd reason). The mangaka could have handled that type of encounter-situation in a different way and still keep it funny, but oh well...

The OP goes well with the series. Pretty catchy as well.

Yes, they could have chosen a better VA for Mari. I didn’t get the feeling this was the same Mari I have been reading in the manga... Personality wise, Mari is kinda like Chihaya (from Chihayafuru), sadly, she didn’t come across like that in this episode mainly because the VA.

P.S. I don’t have anything against the VA voice (she has a pretty unique voice). I think that type of voice could have worked better for some other type of character instead of this one though.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jul 9, 2017 11:25 AM

Apr 2015
I participated in a club in my senior year of high school called Hi-Q which is exactly like this Quiz Bowl competition. Enjoyable first episode and I can tell it will keep me interested. Main girl is cute and our protag is already coming out of his shell.
Jul 9, 2017 1:24 PM
Mar 2017
I'm intrigued! I like the girl for not making a big fuzz over the panties and not being crippling shy overall which is too cliché. As someone mentioned its a pretty fresh theme too, and playing along is kinda fun. I got atleast the 50 stars and vatican city answers before the characters in the show lol. Also wasn't he wrong about the biggest countries anyway? From what i know it's Russia, USA and china. Although im unsure now about canada or usa lol.
Jul 10, 2017 6:17 AM

May 2016
I don't really mind the voice actress much, but I can understand the complaints.

An okay start. Pretty basic, yet interesting. The panty shot thing though was rather repetitive.
Jul 10, 2017 9:11 PM
May 2016
This show reminded me of Chihayafuru. I liked it a lot.

Hopefully the characters will get well-developed.
Jul 11, 2017 7:12 PM

Jan 2008
To be honest here, but if the visuals weren't as good as they are, I probably wouldn't bother to keep watching despite finding this pretty enjoyable.

Opening was really nice. Uplifting feeling just watching it, what you should get from a sports/game club themed anime IMO.

Fukami's voice actor sounded really... amatuerish, not in a good way, more like the sister in Sket-dan, ugh. Then checking to see she only has 3 roles. Well at least she's cute.

The anime character designs look quite familiar but I can't really pinpoint on what.

Oh and that english title, Fastest Finger First. Well that probably isn't gonna be used out of context, definitely. Haha...

Jul 11, 2017 11:23 PM

Mar 2013
I was pretty much a bookworm myself back before Uni, introvert and I loved reading facts uncommon to most people so I can feel how the MC feel about that. I did join some Quiz Bowl back then though but It's not really my forte and I don't like competitions, also Uni changes everything and I actually lost my bookworm habit now wtf.

As of the series, this is quite interesting for me. Just like that typical shounen sport series but in Quizzes. I found Fukami is charming, her VA can do better but as of now I think It's still good enough for me.
Rio-Jul 11, 2017 11:32 PM
Jul 11, 2017 11:45 PM

Jan 2013
This was able to make the thought processes that go into answering quiz questions interesting enough.
Jul 12, 2017 2:15 PM
Jan 2017
I liked it and all but the girls voice was, meh. I mean it can improve, but for now it sound awkward, slow, and neutral when I expect it to be energetic.
Jul 13, 2017 3:04 PM

Sep 2013
Other than the wimp MC, who wants to score with your cutest schoolgirl, who self-loathes himself on being mere passive spectator to everything till now, founds his lifetime worth of thrill by pressing brutely a buzzer to answer a quiz onstage.........Maybe see where this goes.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nana Maru San Batsu Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2017

48 by Usagi-san-chan »»
Jun 6, 2022 6:44 PM

Poll: » Nana Maru San Batsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2017

52 by Usagi-san-chan »»
Jun 5, 2022 5:17 PM

Poll: » Nana Maru San Batsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2017

69 by Usagi-san-chan »»
Jun 5, 2022 4:36 PM

» At which chapter does the anime end?

YuseiFudoU - May 19, 2020

2 by Chichi123 »»
May 20, 2022 12:27 PM

Poll: » Nana Maru San Batsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2017

68 by SOP-II »»
Jul 14, 2021 4:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.