Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 1, 2017 6:24 AM

Jul 2014
yuliyana29 said:
My parents age gap is 9-10 years and I have an aunt that married at 17. Is that supposed to be a big deal?

Personally, I think that age gap becomes less important with time, at least after 20s, but Nina's a kid, she is young, naive and easily falls for appearances, and Charioce is an adult, pretty mature and very problematic. And Nina does fall for him mostly because of his looks. I do enjoy romance in Virgin Soul, especially since it probably won't lead to any long-term commitment, but realistically it is a bit icky. ...and we-ell there's also imprisonment.

As for big deal - I think that I am one of the least dramatic people on this subforum, lmao. (So I am not going into discussing any family-related personal things.)

Mormegil said:
So does this episode confirm that Charioce had no idea Nina was a dragon?

Why would he ask her about it all the time then? It looks like he also has some lie-detecting skills, and he was happy after he saw Nina's reaction during the trial as he usually is when he applies them.

My guess is that he didn't know details, like how she transforms exactly, and it probably is a new sight even for him.
deadoptimistJul 1, 2017 6:28 AM
Jul 1, 2017 6:58 AM
Apr 2016
I still dont understand how rita can be in love with the king
Jul 1, 2017 7:06 AM
Jul 2018
deadoptimist said:
yuliyana29 said:
My parents age gap is 9-10 years and I have an aunt that married at 17. Is that supposed to be a big deal?

Personally, I think that age gap becomes less important with time, at least after 20s, but Nina's a kid, she is young, naive and easily falls for appearances, and Charioce is an adult, pretty mature and very problematic. And Nina does fall for him mostly because of his looks. I do enjoy romance in Virgin Soul, especially since it probably won't lead to any long-term commitment, but realistically it is a bit icky. ...and we-ell there's also imprisonment.

As for big deal - I think that I am one of the least dramatic people on this subforum, lmao. (So I am not going into discussing any family-related personal things.)

I was just giving an example оf comparison.
Jul 1, 2017 8:04 AM

Oct 2013
next thing you know Charioce is going to become Riphal Edea if he keeps using that weapon
Jul 1, 2017 10:51 AM

Jun 2012
Whelp was nice having Favaro around in the series for maybe half an episode of air time at most in 13 episodes. Now looks like we won't be seeing him again for awhile as he flew away to somewhere no one knows as we go on a Nina arc once again starting next episode.
Jul 1, 2017 12:04 PM

Jan 2014
ritaritaritaritaritaritaritaritaritarita.

Can't say i'm not comfortable with these Angels get btfo and ritaritaritaritaritaritarita

Kaisar lol

Good ep

10/10 Cheerios the punished kings everyone deserve
Jul 1, 2017 12:41 PM
Mar 2016
Another victory for Charioce, I wonder if Mugaro would still be ok?
Jul 1, 2017 1:52 PM

Sep 2014
just went from a 7 to an 8. These animations where flawless!
Also it seems charioce is actually concerned about nina. But do you loose eyesight just by getting hit? Or was that some sort of negative side effect of the weapon? Noticed the strains on his arm where his magic wrist band is?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 1, 2017 1:59 PM

Dec 2014
One thing I don't understand, how did Charioce cancel Nina's transformation when he touched her head? Why did he take off his gloves before doing so? He has some weird hidden power? :O
Jul 1, 2017 2:10 PM

Oct 2013
What an episode. Wasn't expecting the whole giant structure/battleship battle to be any good, cause most of the times it feels like the studios have no idea how to handle CGI, but since MAPPA knows what they're doing everything looked amazing.

Also Charioce was the man of the episode

Jul 1, 2017 2:33 PM

Jan 2014
deadoptimist said:
And Nina does fall for him mostly because of his looks.
Surpuppa said:
I still dont understand how rita can be in love with the king

To be fair, he is kinda nice to her, and saved her arse multiple times now. He might be a douche to everyone else, but to her he is nice.

Also, he actually seems to favour Kaisar quite a bit, sparing the latters life on various occassions and putting up with his, from a royal perspective, quite subversive behaviour for a long time.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jul 1, 2017 3:13 PM
Apr 2016
Comander-07 said:
Also it seems charioce is actually concerned about nina. But do you loose eyesight just by getting hit? Or was that some sort of negative side effect of the weapon? Noticed the strains on his arm where his magic wrist band is?
Charioce used his eye to activate the doomsday device, and the bracelet on his wrist is imbued with the same impure energy, slowly eating at him. It will be elaborated later one.
Re:formed
Jul 1, 2017 4:21 PM

Jul 2014
Laionidas said:
To be fair, he is kinda nice to her, and saved her arse multiple times now. He might be a douche to everyone else, but to her he is nice.

Also, he actually seems to favour Kaisar quite a bit, sparing the latters life on various occassions and putting up with his, from a royal perspective, quite subversive behaviour for a long time.

He sort of causes that danger too though (slavers are his doing, the device too).
Can't really say that she loves him for his personality - Nina obviously disagrees with his view on duty. They haven't interacted all that much and Nina thought him to be another person when they did, also it's not been long since she was even able to see him as a human being, not an advert picture surrounded by pink bubbles (seriosuly, any other love interest would've hurt her too, people are not glitter). And narrative-wise Charioce is falling behind on proper characterization compared to the rest of the cast (backstory - when?!).
I see their love as based mostly on chemistry and wishful thinking - they're very attracted to each other, obviously, but it's more about what it could've been, but never will.

I agree though that he is very chivalrous and respectful towards her and he seems to care (he was sad to see her exhauseted after the transformation that had wrecked his plans), all of these things are valuable and attractive. Not everyone has it in themsleves to respect a flustered enamoured girl many years younger.

I am very interested in what's with him being so patient with Kaisar and Kaisar's own attitude - he showed to others that he would fight the king, but then he didn't - guess the vow is important to him after all.

What drives me nuts is now dots don't connect in Charioce's personality sometimes - like, he should care more about his troops, be more proactive in capturing people, get mad sometimes, if he's human, if he's an authority, if he's a successful leader.

Btw, Animesuki speculates that he may have had backing from that very ancient civilization. And it reminded me about the strange shot when he was pressing Kaisar - it was as if something else looked from behind and above his throne.
But I agree that he is extremely chivalrous and respectful towards her, which is valuable and attractive.

Daniel_Naumov said:
Charioce used his eye to activate the doomsday device, and the bracelet on his wrist is imbued with the same impure energy, slowly eating at him. It will be elaborated later one.

I wonder if he will have to give his second eye if he activates it again.
deadoptimistJul 1, 2017 4:30 PM
Jul 1, 2017 7:05 PM

Mar 2013
I love Charioce <3
Jul 1, 2017 7:48 PM

Jul 2015
BUT WHERE IS FAVARO!?!?!?! I enjoyed this episode a whole lot, BUT WHERE IS FAVARO!?!?!?!?!? Look forward to seeing how things play out from here now.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 2, 2017 1:04 AM

Jul 2014
Good episode and all with how the new apocalyptic threat was revealed, but did they really have to go and get rid of Favaro again while they were at it? It's furstrating cos I was really hoping to see him and Nina interact more, not to mention Favaro just being awesome as always.
Jul 2, 2017 2:01 AM

Jan 2014
deadoptimist said:
He sort of causes that danger too though (slavers are his doing, the device too). (...) Nina obviously disagrees with his view on duty.

Policy and personal relations are two different things. That's the reality of politics. Maybe it shouldn't be in an ideal world, but life is never that black and white.

There's this famous anecdote of Reagan cutting down on welfare, in order to lower taxes. Then this single mom writes him a letter of how she's struggling with two jobs and two kids, and he sends her a cheque from his personal account. He finds she's not cashing it, so he contacts her again to ask her why. She has actually framed it and put it on her wall, so he sends her another.

Someone who's as straightforward and harsh in his personal relations as in his policies is a shitty person, but someone who's as kind and as compromising in his policies as he is in his personal relations is a shitty politician.

Not saying Charioce's policies should be aproved off, just that a distinction between his policies and personal relations is not at all that odd.

deadoptimist said:
I wonder if he will have to give his second eye if he activates it again.

I'm guessing that's the road they'll take, and we'll end up with something of a Speed Grapher ending.

deadoptimist said:
Btw, Animesuki speculates that he may have had backing from that very ancient civilization. And it reminded me about the strange shot when he was pressing Kaisar - it was as if something else looked from behind and above his throne.

That's an interesting point. First thing that came to my mind when that Godess mentioned Dromos being as potent as Bahamut was: "Ha, that ancient civilization must have developped that weapon against Bahamut".

And yes, the throne room shots have always seemed brooding to me too.
- Mishima Hitomi
Jul 2, 2017 10:46 AM

Jul 2014

What I mean is that her experience with him isn't solely positive. As for his personality, sadly, it's not explained enough - we have seen more of him than Nina, but I don't think that it has become clear what makes him tick, no backstory either, and Nina, actually, hasn't interacted with his real self aside from a few moments in weird situations. She can't possibly love him for what she doesn't know (she may love him for what she imagines to be his personality though, ok).
Btw, what irks me the most is the complete lack of life in his normal environment, that's not even realistic. Even if he was downright psychopatic, he should've had close henchmen and should've worried more about his elite soldiers.

I agree that it doesn't seem so strange that he can separate between his personal attractions and his work, actually he even should do so to a degree to be a good king, so it must come natural to him. (Even though I am not sure that you can be a king with a big idea solely as a job, his plan for superiosity of humans seems to be his conviction.) And he is an authority so he has space for maneuver - nobody's gonna oppose him for minor things. Nina is in his power or at least in the midst of his plans, so it wouldn't be so easy to make a distinction for her, and she's very young, it's her first love - it's a bit cruel to heap all this on her.

But my take on it is that Charioce probably just allows himself to have a bit of fun in dealing with a cute and pure girl, who is also strong and special, teasing her a bit, before letting go of his life. I suppose he know that Dromos comes with a price

I haven't watched Speed Grapher. Was it tragic?

Bahamut isn't too random with its shots, and this panning shot (eh, if I use the term right) was extremely strange. It doesn't make much sense unless something was lurking in the shadows.

But maybe I overthink things regarding this moment. Making Charioce a puppet would give them a way to redeem him, but I like characters who suffer because of their own mind, so I am not sure I would be happy with this development. On the other hand, him dying spectacularly is too predictable.
deadoptimistJul 2, 2017 11:29 AM
Jul 2, 2017 1:05 PM

Sep 2009
I just caught up and realized this was a 2-cour. Inb4 the King dude is actually the scion of some ancient peoples who wants to reclaim his rightful place. Inb4 humans actually ruled the universe before gods and demons, but were the first to get rekt by Bahamut.
MAPPA animation and even CGI as good as always.
Shitty card game doesn't deserve this studio =/
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jul 2, 2017 3:24 PM
May 2017
deadoptimist said:

What I mean is that her experience with him isn't solely positive. As for his personality, sadly, it's not explained enough - we have seen more of him than Nina, but I don't think that it has become clear what makes him tick, no backstory either, and Nina, actually, hasn't interacted with his real self aside from a few moments in weird situations. She can't possibly love him for what she doesn't know (she may love him for what she imagines to be his personality though, ok).
Btw, what irks me the most is the complete lack of life in his normal environment, that's not even realistic. Even if he was downright psychopatic, he should've had close henchmen and should've worried more about his elite soldiers.

I agree that it doesn't seem so strange that he can separate between his personal attractions and his work, actually he even should do so to a degree to be a good king, so it must come natural to him. (Even though I am not sure that you can be a king with a big idea solely as a job, his plan for superiosity of humans seems to be his conviction.) And he is an authority so he has space for maneuver - nobody's gonna oppose him for minor things. Nina is in his power or at least in the midst of his plans, so it wouldn't be so easy to make a distinction for her, and she's very young, it's her first love - it's a bit cruel to heap all this on her.

But my take on it is that Charioce probably just allows himself to have a bit of fun in dealing with a cute and pure girl, who is also strong and special, teasing her a bit, before letting go of his life. I suppose he know that Dromos comes with a price

I haven't watched Speed Grapher. Was it tragic?

Bahamut isn't too random with its shots, and this panning shot (eh, if I use the term right) was extremely strange. It doesn't make much sense unless something was lurking in the shadows.

But maybe I overthink things regarding this moment. Making Charioce a puppet would give them a way to redeem him, but I like characters who suffer because of their own mind, so I am not sure I would be happy with this development. On the other hand, him dying spectacularly is too predictable.

I don't know if you have read akatsuki no yona manga .there is an antagonist in that story you may find very interesting.he killed king to save his country.he sacrifised a lot and has a very well written internal conflict(suffers because of his own mindset).he is intellegent and very kind to his people and subordinates.his interactions with his subordinates is also well written.but he is antagionist anyway because the story is about previous king's doughter.

Also you can be sure they will give charioce a proper and probably tragic backstory.plus more encounters with nina.they wrote a romantic story ,they will not allow people think:charioce has his fun with a very young pure girl.they will deepen it.(if you saw the endcard charioce hand was on his heart with smile and hopeful look on his face.they add it to emphasize on charioce true love.)otherwise female audience will not be pleased.

i agree with you.they must show more of his every day life .it is also irritating how he does'nt show any emotions when his soldiers die.he has their complete obeyance so he must be a good leader for them.it just does'nt fit that image..
Natsume_hikariJul 2, 2017 3:45 PM
Jul 2, 2017 3:38 PM

Jul 2014
Natsume_hikari said:
I don't know if you have read akatsuki no yona manga .there is an antagonist in that story you may find very interesting.he killed king to save his country.he sacrifised a lot and has a very well written internal conflict(suffers because of his own mindset).he is intellegent and very kind to his people and subordinates.his interactions with his subordinates is also well written.but he is antagionist anyway because the story is about previous king's doughter.

The fact that Akatsuki no Yona quickly switches to "collect all bishies" instead of showing more of him is the true tragedy of that manga. I do find this part of the story intriguing as hell. Sadly I find the rest is not on par, though I am not up to date with the events. Judging from what you write there were new developments on his character. And yeah, big thanks for your advice!
Jul 2, 2017 3:48 PM
May 2017
deadoptimist said:
Natsume_hikari said:

The fact that Akatsuki no Yona quickly switches to "collect all bishies" instead of showing more of him is the true tragedy of that manga. I do find this part of the story intriguing as hell. Sadly I find the rest is not on par, though I am not up to date with the events. Judging from what you write there were new developments on his character. And yeah, big thanks for your advice!

Yes.his character is most intriguing and main strong point of story in my opinion.
Jul 2, 2017 4:40 PM

May 2014
BUT WHERE IS AZAZEL???

That major concern aside, this was an awesome episode...it felt like 5 minutes.
It was great seeing Nina fighting in her dragon form- the scene where Charioce takes his glove off to touch her cheek was beautiful. Does that mean he basically has complete control over her transformations though?
Right now she's madly in love with him so only he can affect her enough to transform...and it looked like she turned back human because he touched her too.
also did anyone else see that subtle boob grab...like Charioce, please don't grope unconscious ladies lol
Seems like he's really in love with her too though; that hug said it all. Definitely not an Azazel hug lmao
Still want Azazel & Nina as end game though- I like their dynamic more, it's just more my cup of tea. I don't see Charioce x Nina actually working once they spend more time together...it feels like simple fascination & puppy love. Something just doesn't feel right with them!

Favaro got blown away, Kaisar went back and let himself get caught (probably to try to save him).
Assuming they both get thrown back in jail again, I'm guessing they'll meet Azazel there?
Then Rita will have to save them again.

Things are getting interesting now with two separate parties- Nina & Jeanne going to the Dragon Village and Rita, Kaisar & Favaro back at the castle.
Strawberrycake48Jul 2, 2017 4:44 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2017 8:11 PM

Dec 2008
Goddamn!! This episode was excellently intense!!
Jul 2, 2017 8:16 PM

Sep 2009
This show reminds me of Starcraft. Terran dominating both Zerg and Protoss, the space alien versions of demons and gods lel.

@Strawberrycake48
He's probably in the process of escaping, and might pop up l8tr.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jul 3, 2017 12:49 AM

Jan 2014
MortalMelancholy said:
This show reminds me of Starcraft. Terran dominating both Zerg and Protoss, the space alien versions of demons and gods lel..

I think it's pretty clear how everyone thinks about the Gods in this show:

deadoptimist said:

I think you just identified the one general flaw of Bahamut: the whole governmental workings in general make no sense and feel lifeless.

We see commoners, we see kings, we see knights, and a lavish palace, but there is no court at life. There's no nobles, hardly any pages, no politics, no nothing. Then there's Anatae, a huge wealthy capital at the core of the nation, quickly rebuild after the Bahamut incident, yet there is no periphery. There seem to be no other cities, only small villages, most of which decimated or economically crippled by Bahamut. There is Dromos, there is a massive army of knights in full plate or better (onyx),.. it just doesn't add up. There is no population, no economy, no trade, no nothing to support the wealth, development and maintenance of the nation. (Demon) slaves only get you so far if you're lacking raw materials, and in order to defeat Gods and Demons, Charioce would allready have had to have substantial resources at his disposal priorly.

Regarding Speed Grapher, I will PM you my answer, since it will be too spoilerish for a non-related forum.

LaionidasJul 3, 2017 12:59 AM
- Mishima Hitomi
Jul 3, 2017 12:53 AM

Oct 2008
Another awesome satisfying episode! especially the OST!
Red Dragon form of Nina is still powerful as ever!
As expected..that forbidden power is related to Bahamut!
LOL at Kaizar...he has the time to smile to all those soldiers that's gonna beat him up!
5/5.

Jul 3, 2017 6:16 AM
Jul 2017
This episode was ground breaking. I have a feeling that Azazel will play a huge role in relation to the gods and maybe Lucifer, who knows? I hope the next episodes will be as great as this one or even better
Jul 3, 2017 12:13 PM

Jul 2014
Laionidas said:
I think you just identified the one general flaw of Bahamut: the whole governmental workings in general make no sense and feel lifeless.

We see commoners, we see kings, we see knights, and a lavish palace, but there is no court at life. There's no nobles, hardly any pages, no politics, no nothing. Then there's Anatae, a huge wealthy capital at the core of the nation, quickly rebuild after the Bahamut incident, yet there is no periphery. There seem to be no other cities, only small villages, most of which decimated or economically crippled by Bahamut. There is Dromos, there is a massive army of knights in full plate or better (onyx),.. it just doesn't add up. There is no population, no economy, no trade, no nothing to support the wealth, development and maintenance of the nation. (Demon) slaves only get you so far if you're lacking raw materials, and in order to defeat Gods and Demons, Charioce would allready have had to have substantial resources at his disposal priorly.

Regarding Speed Grapher, I will PM you my answer, since it will be too spoilerish for a non-related forum.

I would go as far as saying that Virgin Souls fails at depicting politics, despite making it into one of the central parts of the show in this season.
For example, even after all said and done, it's still unclear what demons want from people (gods want prayers and demons - ?) and whether they're ontologically bad or at least fundamentally hostile to humans. And the show jumps a lot - demon slavery is quickly forgotten and the big question where they ship demon kids from is left unanswered (I mean, do they maintain a military presense in Cocytus?) Does the king give papers to legal slavers? Why the king is willing to integrate some demons into human society but wants only blood from gods? And it'd be a huge waste if the demon who won the "honor" of being the leader of the demon brigade died like that. What's with demons ransacking the capital as recently as 7 years ago? What's with the top of Orlean knights going to demon brothels? Shouldn't they have shown at least some bits of the gods' worshipping religion besides Jeanne?

Secondly, imo, Anatae still doesn't feel like a living place, and that's bad, considering that everything happens there. I totally agree that what they say about the scale of humanity's operations just doesn't add up with what we see.

But I can ignore some of these things while they show action and pretty love scenes, since Bahamut obviously isn't trying to challenge anyone's ideas about governing. But flavor could've been done better, and - yeah - the show fails especially, painfully hard at depicting court life, which hurts Charioce's character (and Kaisar with Jeanne a bit). And this is major. We see him from Nina's pov, we know a bit about how others view him, but his scenes in his normal environment are mostly a waste of time - not informative at all, aside from confirming that he doesn't have social skills (and he's a leader, wtf).
I did facepalm at the scene where he watched his army die sitting on a balcony, surrounded by ministers, not even generals or war advisors, not even a person to relate orders quickly in sight or a personal guard close by. Why doesn't anybody navigate to him when they see him on the battlefield in the last ep.? They would normally want orders and a chance for ass-licking. Why is his working room so uncomfortable? And why doesn't he replace the minister he expressedly disrespected even during his coronation? It's his court, ans he's not some sort of a conforming token heir, he's an usurper, a warrior king and a bringer of reform. He can't be sucessful without some trusted people. Like, it's impossible.

Even if they can't spare too much designs on the court, there should've been at least two named characters the king interacts with. Or they at least should've made him interact with masked soldiers. We could at least see how he called that mage and what the mage's reaction was like.
deadoptimistJul 3, 2017 1:23 PM
Jul 3, 2017 11:10 PM
Jul 2017
[quote=deadoptimist]
Laionidas said:

Even if they can't spare too much designs on the court, there should've been at least two named characters the king interacts with.

I agree with you on making more courtly Characters for him to interact with. Where are all his generals at? At the end if the 1st season you can see more generals on the last episode next to Jeanne. We know for a fact that there are Nobels hanging around the city after Azazel attacked them to save the demons. Even the last king had parties and a more alive castle to interact with. I think the show would benefit with a court of people and we still have 11 more episodes to get through. I hope we at least get a couple of episodes to develope Charoice's Character because he is literally the driving force in this show and I can't believe that they haven't shown more of his personal motivations.

However, my theory on his character since he basically took the thrown with out the gods blessings he more than likely had a lot of disapproval from the Nobels. If anything Charioce probably wanted to get rid of them as well that's why you don't see them around. My theory on the slavery thing is that he only uses it to shut the Nobels up or get their support because it looks like they are into that kind of stuff as seen in episode 2.
I think it's pretty clear that he is the top general for his army as compared to his father who just sat on the side lines, Charoice is actually seen leading the attack on the god sanctuaries and even to capture the rag demon.
But yes the main weakness of the show and what could do more with some politics and inner workings of the humans. Hopefully that will get all filled if we get a Charioce back story. But I'm still highly enjoying the show.
TigerblanketJul 3, 2017 11:27 PM
Jul 4, 2017 2:04 AM
Jul 2017
[quote=deadoptimist]
Raz1515 said:
But this show has a lot of female-oriented fanservice and ignores age differences a lot (Charioce is around 26 y.o., Nina 16-17), so my fuji-bait'o'meter rings a bit. That doesn't mean that I am remotely interested in this ship myself.

We know that Nina is for sure 17 years old in this show but I don't think Charoice is around 26. In fact he looks about 15 or 16 in episode 10 Wich would make him about 22-23 ish. He is 10 years younger than Kaisar and if you where to ask me I would say that Kaiser look about 18-21 in the first season. But it's really hard to tell with anime Characters.
Jul 4, 2017 6:01 AM

Jul 2014

(The quotes in your posts are not right, methinks.)

I agree with your statements about the court life, but I think that what you say doesn't excuse the lack of good court scenes but make the need for them only bigger. When the gods' gate appears, Charioce is surrounded by the same old ministers who were whispering during his - very in-your-face- coronation. Why hasn't he replaced them in 7 years? New faces shoud've appeared. Everyone has read during their school history about an example of strife among the older nobility and the newer nobility after a young monarch has been crowned.

And if he is a military leader and loves to fight (which is inconsistent, since he was shown to be more battle-hungry in early episodes, but they finally added a sword to his everyday garb in later episodes), then why is he sitting on an armchair instead of leading his army? It must be demotivating to his soldiers too.

Well, yeah, if I calculate it again with new info, he may be in his early 20-s. I saw somewhere that the director said that Kaisar was of his age back then, and that was 26, but it's hearsay, nothing proven.
Technically Charioce could start his political life around 14, even though going through 3 other kings in 3 years for a mere bastard seems too fast. Still it's often said that people matured faster back then, and he can very well be a prodigy (or get assistance). But during the coronation he looks younger than Kaisar in the first season, even if that was 7 years ago, and he said that he was as old as Kaisar 10 years ago. Anyways, anime age has always been bullshit, and Nina is still very immature and barely legal, but ok, I agree that maybe the age difference is smaller than I thought.
Jul 4, 2017 8:27 AM

Oct 2014
Why did charioce decide to help nina turn into a dragon and slay his own troops? The fuck is going on here?
Jul 4, 2017 10:41 AM

Jul 2014
Light- said:
Why did charioce decide to help nina turn into a dragon and slay his own troops? The fuck is going on here?

I think he didn't fully understand what her "help" meant, he looked confused - he didn't know that she turns only when aroused. But I agree that his indifference towards his troops seems strange, even if he's sociopatic he should keep appearances up or at least worry over loss of resources.
Jul 4, 2017 4:53 PM
Jul 2017
Light- said:

I really don't think he knew that hugging her will turn her into a dragon. The way she transforms is a secret that only a hand full of people know about. If you think about it it's a really werid and strange way for someone to transform into a dragon. when she asked him to hug her I think he seriously thought she was asking for a hug lol.
Also I think the who wanting to dance thing going on between them is some indication that they both have something going on. Nina first asking him to dance again in ep 6. Then ep 11 he asked her. Then back at ep 13 he asked again and lol I loved her reaction faces it totally look like she was thinking "YES I DO!!!" Idk it's my guess anyways.
Jul 4, 2017 5:55 PM
May 2017
@tigerblanket There is just too much evidence of their mutual interest in this episode.their wish for second dance is one from many..nina likes him.her blushing face(i too love her expressions.they are great!) is enough evidance ,about charioce at least end card[official art]proved it_charioce smiling with his hand on his heart.
Natsume_hikariJul 4, 2017 6:03 PM
Jul 4, 2017 5:58 PM

May 2010
Whoa, that was a really great episode :o

Putting my fangirling aside for a moment, it was quite a surprise that Nina doesn't seem to care much that Charioce sent her to prison, or for what he's done to Jeanne :D Ow man, can't even blame her, how can you resist this guy!

HNNNNG >w<

Such a shame Favaro and Kaisar are split AGAIN already, I wanted to see more of them, I don't care about some dragon village :(
Jul 4, 2017 6:57 PM

Oct 2014
@Tigerblanket
@deadoptimist

Still seems weird... I remember a few episodes back, Charioce already had a suspicion that Nina was the Dragon in city, so to help her with such a strange request just seems odd. My best guess is that Charioce just doesn't care about his men (as he already won the battle) and just wanted to see the capabilities of the Dragon/Nina, being the sociopath he is. This, or he actually had no clue and he just did it out of romance (even though it seems very forced and atypical of his character).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 4, 2017 9:15 PM
Jul 2017
Light- said:

Still seems weird... I remember a few episodes back, Charioce already had a suspicion that Nina was the Dragon in city, so to help her with such a strange request just seems odd. My best guess is that Charioce just doesn't care about his men (as he already won the battle) and just wanted to see the capabilities of the Dragon/Nina, being the sociopath he is. This, or he actually had no clue and he just did it out of romance (even though it seems very forced and atypical of his character).

Let me tell you my whole thoughts on this....
I don't remember seeing anything that would indicate before episode 8 that he would think Nina was a dragon. If that was the case he would have imprisoned her along time ago. Considering that as soon as Nina was exposed he took her in even though she didn't transform. Even after episode 8 he still had his doubts by still asking her if she was really the red dragon. On top of that Nina's condition to transform into a dragon seems to only apply to her. Also on top of that the dragon folk seem to be a forgotten people.
Even Favaro was surprised at there strength and didn't know who they where until they told him. There wasn't one person in the show who pointed Nina out as a dragon folk or even question her about it untill she told them.

There are different forms of dragons in this universe not just ones with human forms. Through out the show we are shown Charoice consulting with his advisors and knights. Not one time did they bring up the possibility that the red dragon could be part of that tribe and it was ovious that he wanted the red dragon captured.
Like I said earlier that Nina's condition is different to transform and nobody would know how she does unless she told them.

So it's not like Charioce was like "wow this super bubbly girl is really strong she must be the red dragon and I got to make her heart go doki doki to reveal her secret" doesn't that sound ridiculous? I think the writers intentionaly made him be a little clueless towards something so out there. Because I would be clueless too. Not even Kaisar who alot more suspect that there could be a dragon folk behind this( again because I think they are a forgotten people).

And with Charioce "helping Nina" I had to rewatch that episode and some clips a few times to completely wrap my head around that. But I came almost to the same conclusion from watching it once.

Like I said earlier I believe the writers are trying to show that his character has doubts about Nina still.I mean she didn't transform into a dragon to break out of prison in the over a week that she was in there so maybe that added to it (and yes she would go dragon down there just rewatch ep 11). So him not knowing Nina's transformation secret and fact that she wasn't in dragon form already shows that her strange request to hug her shouldn't signal any flags for her to turn into a dragon. Even wen she asked him to help her he was like "help you!?" In way that's sound like "what in the world are you talking about?". So I don't think that his character was worrying about giving a girl a hug would cause harm to his men lol.

Also I don't get why everyone is thinking that the onyx knights are buntch of softies( the other knights didn't show up until after Nina went back to human form). They are highly trained warriors skilled in killing gods and demons. IF ANYTHING this show told me about Charioce's Character is that he has a lot of trust and faith in those guys. For example in episode 3 and 4 when Azazel was attacking the army and he was coming straight towards Charioce, the king didn't even flinch or pull out his sword. You know what happen? The onyx knights stopped Azazel before he could do anything. They protected the king during the parade and against the god warriors.

I don't like when a leader putts himself in unessary danger when time doesn't call for it. What will happen to the body when the head gets cutt off? I like the fact that he shows faith in his men. The king doesn't need to be on the front lines but he does it anyways but in a more realistic and common since way. He allows his men to protect him but that doesn't make him weak in anyway. They are knights ready to die for their king and they prepared and ready to do that. Look at Alsander how bad he wanted to fight this episode.

So no I don't think he was trying to use his men to test her. He was literally still in Surprise when he seen the Nina's dragon form and after she transformed back. If he doubted his onyx knights power then that would betray his character.

Also if you noticed that the army attacking the God ship flying on the dragons where all golems. Alot of people missed that. The first strike was humanless.
TigerblanketJul 4, 2017 9:18 PM
Jul 5, 2017 4:38 AM

Jan 2013
It's amazing how each episode have god tier animation
Jul 5, 2017 8:07 AM
Jul 2017
I have a lot of thoughts and predictions in regards to Charioce and Nina.

First most being, I think he put her in jail just to see if she was capable of breaking out (his line about her finally escaping the prison leads me to believe this. Also, the fact that he wasn’t pissed when she nearly made it out the first time, but slightly amused). Now, this doesn’t redeem the fact that he threw her in jail, but I think he is incredibly intrigued by how strong (and fast) she is – and thinks that she may be somewhat of an equal to him. Putting her in jail was a test more so of how clever she was, as it required more than just physical strength.

I also think he’s highly amused by (and definitely into) the fact that she isn’t afraid to stand up to him.

Because he’s the King, he can’t be soft on people publicly, but similarly, I think he also has a soft spot for Kaiser, or he would have killed him by now.

His reaction when she asked for help seemed conflicted. I think he realized that he was going to have a hard time denying her, and his response (“Help you?!”) was almost a question for himself as well. He wants to help her because he likes her, but he knows that he has a loyalty to his army and needs to show consistency (he couldn’t publicly rescue people who were defying him and who had just broken out of jail – but I think if she had pressed him to, he probably would have intervened more directly).

Now I know I said that some of his behavior towards Nina (throwing her in jail) is pretty inexcusable, but, I can’t help but fangirl over the tenderness he shows her. Namely, the guy just lost an eye and he’s lying there holding her in his arms and looking at her to make sure she’s ok. Also, the fact that he closed his eyes when he was hugging her.

Also, for a guy who can be extremely violent, he’s not very angry, even in battle. Which makes me think he’s not necessarily the psychopath others think he is. The beginning of this show was obviously being told from the demon perspective – but I suppose if you really think about it, Charioce is doing his best to try and put his race on top too, no different than Azazel.

Speaking of Azazel…I really thought we were being set up for a love triangle, and I do wonder what the heck has happened to him. My prediction is that Nina and Jeanne will need him to get into heaven so will end up breaking him out (if Kaiser and Rita don’t get to him first). That will also bring Nina back to the capital (and I’m going to be majorly bummed to not get any Nina x Charioce scenes in the near future, although this episode was pretty intense and gave us a lot of moments that advanced their relationship). I’d be really happy if Charioce pursued her, but I don’t see that happening with the war happening and all.

I don’t know that we’ll see anything else in regards to Azazel x Nina either…he hasn’t really shown any interest in getting to know her outside of using her powers, and she was just physically attracted to him initially (and now needs more than that…not just to transform, but in general). Basically, her connection to Charioce has zoomed past anything she had with Azazel. I’m a little perturbed she’s ok with just running off home (not only not caring about leaving Charioce behind, but also hasn’t even wondered what’s happening to Azazel after failing to help him save Mugaro in such spectacular fashion. You’d think she’d want to find a way to repay him…although perhaps she thinks helping Jeanne get El is her redemption).
Jul 5, 2017 9:49 AM
May 2017
Gatz720 said:

First most being, I think he put her in jail just to see if she was capable of breaking out (his line about her finally escaping the prison leads me to believe this. Also, the fact that he wasn’t pissed when she nearly made it out the first time, but slightly amused). Now, this doesn’t redeem the fact that he threw her in jail, but I think he is incredibly intrigued by how strong (and fast) she is – and thinks that she may be somewhat of an equal to him. Putting her in jail was a test more so of how clever she was, as it required more than just physical strength.

I also think he’s highly amused by (and definitely into) the fact that she isn’t afraid to stand up to him.

Because he’s the King, he can’t be soft on people publicly, but similarly, I think he also has a soft spot for Kaiser, or he would have killed him by now.

His reaction when she asked for help seemed conflicted. I think he realized that he was going to have a hard time denying her, and his response (“Help you?!”) was almost a question for himself as well. He wants to help her because he likes her, but he knows that he has a loyalty to his army and needs to show consistency (he couldn’t publicly rescue people who were defying him and who had just broken out of jail – but I think if she had pressed him to, he probably would have intervened more directly).

Now I know I said that some of his behavior towards Nina (throwing her in jail) is pretty inexcusable, but, I can’t help but fangirl over the tenderness he shows her. Namely, the guy just lost an eye and he’s lying there holding her in his arms and looking at her to make sure she’s ok. Also, the fact that he closed his eyes when he was hugging her.

Also, for a guy who can be extremely violent, he’s not very angry, even in battle. Which makes me think he’s not necessarily the psychopath others think he is. The beginning of this show was obviously being told from the demon perspective – but I suppose if you really think about it, Charioce is doing his best to try and put his race on top too, no different than Azazel.

Speaking of Azazel…I really thought we were being set up for a love triangle, and I do wonder what the heck has happened to him. My prediction is that Nina and Jeanne will need him to get into heaven so will end up breaking him out (if Kaiser and Rita don’t get to him first). That will also bring Nina back to the capital (and I’m going to be majorly bummed to not get any Nina x Charioce scenes in the near future, although this episode was pretty intense and gave us a lot of moments that advanced their relationship). I’d be really happy if Charioce pursued her, but I don’t see that happening with the war happening and all.

I don’t know that we’ll see anything else in regards to Azazel x Nina either…he hasn’t really shown any interest in getting to know her outside of using her powers, and she was just physically attracted to him initially (and now needs more than that…not just to transform, but in general). Basically, her connection to Charioce has zoomed past anything she had with Azazel. I’m a little perturbed she’s ok with just running off home (not only not caring about leaving Charioce behind, but also hasn’t even wondered what’s happening to Azazel after failing to help him save Mugaro in such spectacular fashion. You’d think she’d want to find a way to repay him…although perhaps she thinks helping Jeanne get El is her redemption).

Charioce has a soft spot for humans overall.oh i don't mean nina is not special to him .i mean he could punish both jean and kaizer much more severely but simply put them in the jail,without toruring but i think he will put kaizer against azazel in arena and tell him to fight for what he believes.he is actually capable of such cruelity and rita will be there to save them_i don't think we had a love triangle cause as you said azazel feeling toward nina was't romantic at all and nina affection for him is friendly.honestly with such a good build up for nina and charioce i will be disappointed if we see sudden blossom of romanitic feeling in azazel.he is as guilty as charioce.he is thousabd years old and responsible of death of many humans.he killed both favaro and kaizer fathers for fun and has a general hate for humans.if he suddenly changes his behaviour it is very out of character.
Natsume_hikariJul 5, 2017 9:54 AM
Jul 5, 2017 1:40 PM

Sep 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
Comander-07 said:

Ah Okay I thought something like this would be going on because I saw his hand/arm but since he lost eyesight on the side where nina hit him I was wondering if this was actually the reason XD
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 5, 2017 7:03 PM
Jul 2017
Gatz720 said:

(and I’m going to be majorly bummed to not get any Nina x Charioce scenes in the near future, although this episode was pretty intense and she’s ok with just running off home (not only not caring about leaving Charioce behind, but also hasn’t even .

Wow you couldn't have said it better. I couldn't really ever put to words what I think his character was doing. I always got this hint that he was testing her out.
Yah putting her in jail is a little harsh but we all know how tuff Nina is and I think Charoice knows too.

Also if anything that the show has told us about Charioce's Character is that he has alot of faith in people's strength that he seems strong. Such as the onyx knights who Charoice always trusts to keep him safe.

He knows how strong she is and I don't think he is the type of person to think Nina is just some pitiful weakling. But yah I love how you pointed that out and suttle things that the characters do.

Also, I was a little upset that Nina left the city. I wanted to see what would happen next especially when I thought Charoice captured her again. I was really excited to see what he do. Would he put her in prison or something else? But nope Rita saved the day and now we are going to the land of the gods...yay. I mean Nina does seem to like El alot more than Azazel and she did form a close bond with him so it makes sense for her to go find him.But come on I like the interaction between the king and Nina way better. Also the biggest question still stands what does he feel towards Nina? Is it love or just curiosity or both maybe? We all know how Nina feels.
Jul 8, 2017 11:05 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a great dragon transformation adn the battle stopped...was a nice episode too!!!!
Jul 8, 2017 1:54 PM

Jul 2009
Charioce lost his eye, he could be a nice guy, and I could ship him with Nina, but really, why can't he accept to live in peace with demons and angels?!
Jul 9, 2017 1:31 AM

Jan 2013
Large scale conflict so much animation needed.
Good episode as usual.
Jul 11, 2017 1:29 AM

Jan 2014
Epic episode!

Why the hell Nina didn't kill Charioce when she was in dragon form??
Is she in love? Or did she want to keep him alive because he is the only one who is able to turn her upside down??
Sep 9, 2017 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
The clash between Nina and the stone giant was so exciting and full of anxiety, I almost thought she could not win the clash and not even get rid of black knights who wanted to immobilize her. The character of Charioce, remains a mystery to me, who knows who really is. Nina has not disfigured in this episode, but the best is Rita, the final scene was mythical, with her almost like a boss. I'm only sorry that the characters of Favaro and Kaisar, have not seen much during the episode.
Sep 9, 2017 6:25 AM

Nov 2011
-Pericles said:
Excellent is the least I can say about this episode

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

We can say that with this scene, the episode is complete in every point of view. Including the funny scene in which Kaisar smiles at his detractors. XD
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

316 by Xxbrunoguerra »»
Mar 12, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2017

99 by latght »»
Dec 12, 2023 4:06 PM

» When does this epic series return?

NexCore - Apr 7, 2022

8 by GraviticF7L »»
Oct 7, 2023 7:20 PM

» A Question..

L-Lawliet7 - Feb 9, 2023

2 by Aotfangirl »»
Feb 15, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2017

123 by GavrocheN7 »»
Aug 17, 2022 3:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.