Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 12 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Sword Oratoria (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 8, 2017 4:05 AM

Dec 2013
I liked the final fight even if it had a few cliched moments.
I just wish that the main story was as serious as this one....
Aug 8, 2017 9:55 PM

Dec 2012
Don't let her devour you.
You just gonna stand there while she's chants that long ass chant?
Finally, you do something.
WTF! Another chant? Fast ass OP chant. LMAO
Riveria!!!!
Finn being cool.
Dat Tsubaki oppai.
Dat fast OP chant.
In the mouth. LMAO
If you can't swallow...let it blow up in your mouth.
Ais survived.
Ais is a descendant of spirits.
lol at that ending.

This series was boring. The only enjoyable parts were Bell and Hestia. Please bring back the real story with our one true goddess, Hestia. Hestia is bestia.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 3, 2017 5:18 AM

Dec 2008
IT has been a while since I was lured into a whole season of fluff and filler, but by the gods, I am glad its over now. Dont even care if there is a real season yet to come, it would take a lot to make me care for this franchise again. 5/10 TT
Sep 3, 2017 11:59 PM
Mar 2013
Illyricus said:
Not gonna lie, even if the early episodes were kind of boring and Lefiya wasn't the best character, I really found interesting that thing Ouranos was conversing at the end along with his cloaked buddy about the spirits turning into corrupted beings and Enyo. Mostly because if the thing is as disastrous as Ouranos says, it will probably affect to the main story eventually.

My guess, if I had to make one, is Ais and Bell eventually teaming up in the end to defeat them for good as an ending. I have no idea what max level is but I'll make the assumption that it's 10 (100 floors, and with level 6 adventurers they reached level 59 so approximately 10 floors per level maybe?) and with Ais already at 6 and Bell at 2 (I'm kind of hoping he hits 3 at the start of the next season because of the boss fight at the end of the first season) but with his ability to improve more quickly they should both reach the higher levels and ultimately deeper floors rather quickly together.

I just have so many questions and imagine so many possibilities for this show that I'm just really looking forward to a continuation (that hopefully it will get). I really want to learn more about the lore and all of that as well, with Bell seemingly being related to Zeus then obviously about Ais' parents. Waiting sucks :(

Shirasho said:
I've got to ask, where is the source relative to the main series? This series seriously felt like either filler or a cash-in as if they wanted to continue with the main story but didn't have enough source material go on so they use the side story from the source instead. I hate Lefiya as a character and even more as a living being. We don't need her clinging all over Ais and reminding us that Ais is special and we don't need another self deprecating character whose sole purpose in life is to get some sort of self validation from others.

Seeing Ais' side of the story when interacting with Bell was by far the more entertaining part of this series.

I want to say that maybe this whole side show was necessary for the story. It may have sucked but there was a lot of important information added in that may become the main plot down the rode. There's also a chance that Lefiya might become a main character alongside Bell and Ais though that's purely speculation. But I agree, overall it was dull in comparison to the original like they kept out all of the boring explanations from that one, leaving all the good stuff, then shoved all the boring stuff into this one just to get the story 100% before continuing on.
HDGodStyleSep 4, 2017 12:03 AM
Sep 10, 2017 8:42 PM

Dec 2012
Tbh, it was better than I expected and not to toot my own horn, it's coming from someone who thinks a lot of things are trash.
Sep 23, 2017 3:20 AM

Jan 2014
wow, that's just fucked, I mean, the best fighter from Loki Familia are on par with Lv59 spirit monster, I can't imagine what wanders in Lv60+. and from this episode, I wonder when Bell Cranel surpass them all,it would be awesome, I think.
Oct 1, 2017 4:17 PM

Oct 2013
Lefiya straight up ruined this anime for me, could have been so much more enjoyable. I'm frankly glad it's over. It had some good moments though.
Dec 27, 2017 8:32 AM

Apr 2014
Well this isn't good as the main series. But not that bad either.
So I'm gonna rate this anime a 6 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
May 14, 2018 12:23 PM

May 2013
Waste of 12 episodes 4/10, could have been better if we get a season 2.

Aug 8, 2018 3:07 AM

Apr 2013
What a great show, I enjoyed this way more than I thought. Actually prefer it to the original show, probably because Ains is just more interesting than Bell. Though I missed Hestia who is still Bestia. But following the Loki famila around was a lot of fun and seeing some scenes from the original again from a different view was actually very entertaining.
9/10
Aug 17, 2018 3:18 PM

May 2016
Kinda enjoyed some parts and the last fight was not that bad.
Gonna say this why didn’t they adapted season II instead of this? They could have hinted at some points about whats happening at the deep floors and between the other Familias... 6/10 would have been 4 if not for Ais-tan
Jan 28, 2019 2:51 AM
Sep 2017
Totally a huge dissapointment to me 😒

The story was nice and it really did leave me intrigued. It could have been perfect but then they added Yuri stuffs in it, which makes it Kinda cringey to watch.

Atlest now i know who is my most hated character in the series and that is The Lesbian THOT Lefya.

4/10

Feb 4, 2019 8:02 PM
Jan 2019
It was full of surprises, although there are still many mysteries to solve. I will look forward to a new season.
May 27, 2019 10:03 AM
Nov 2018
The series is ok. I did enjoy seeing Aiz pov on some stuff and i loved the cute scenes of her, especially when she pouted. I also liked that I saw more of Aiz team members like Tione and Bete. However, the elf was very annoying.

7/10

Jul 9, 2019 2:10 AM

May 2015
Hell yeah this spin off was awesome.
I really hope season 2 gets a greenlight after after S2 of the main series ends.
8/10 Lefiya was lovable.
Jul 22, 2019 7:19 AM
Nov 2018
Honestly I like this show
I think i was boring while watching danmachi 1
I dont like it in many way
But in this spin off series i find that i am very intesrested in.
I think it was pretty good show.The show has many sights from each characther.
I hope it will have second seson
I dont like hestia.I dont enjoy bell as others many review.
In my opinion
danmachi 7 Sword oratoria 8. It is amazing spin off I love it.
John_Smith_MALJul 21, 2020 10:39 AM
Aug 16, 2019 4:53 AM

Sep 2012
Lefya just trew Loki to the ground 😂😂😂
Sep 25, 2019 12:27 AM

Apr 2009
Eh? It wasn't done, no closure and all that, so this particular antagonist is probably gonna come back in the future seasons or the main series to haunt and taunt our protagonists.

Loved the magical spell battle in this episode, it almost kept me on the odge of my seat. 8/10 for this episode 6/10 for this season of this spinoff series. Get your own adventure yo!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 16, 2019 11:12 AM

Sep 2019
It ain't good. The experience I've felt by watching this season is pure cringe. It had lots of cringe moments. There was a time I've felt quiting this season. Not joking even you like DanMachi you won't enjoy this.

Speaking honestly I can watch aiz as a supporting Character but as a main I can't. She doesn't have that characteristics to be main character. And Lefiya is out of question. She is the only reason I've experienced cringe.

3/10.
Dec 16, 2019 11:18 AM

Sep 2019
ThreadFazer said:
Totally a huge dissapointment to me 😒

The story was nice and it really did leave me intrigued. It could have been perfect but then they added Yuri stuffs in it, which makes it Kinda cringey to watch.

Atlest now i know who is my most hated character in the series and that is The Lesbian THOT Lefya.

4/10
that's what I'm talking about. It was painfully cringing to watch. Idk how did I survived those 12 episodes.
Aug 26, 2020 11:14 AM

May 2020
Not bad for just a side story. From Aiz side is kinda boring. Actioj was pretty well but Lefiya took much view on this not Aiz. Intense battle and finally Aiz can beat the fairy. It just say Aria Aria but no clue lol. 6/10
Sep 13, 2020 11:08 AM

Jan 2016
Seems I'm not the only one who found Lefiya so annoying :<
Sep 27, 2020 8:01 PM

Oct 2016
That was a good spin off and I am sure there will be a season 2 of this someday. Maybe after DanMachi S3. Bell being an inspiration to them to keep fighting is nice.

Well I personally enjoyed the main series better but, this was still pretty good especially that we got more Ais. 7/10.
Oct 1, 2020 6:48 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Epic battle against those monster spirit, its using almost all of its duration to packed up all of the battle cry they had, very well! Idk why, but i felt okay with these side one story. Even though they ended up everything on that, it was still a decent ending for me.

Well, i give this 8 simply because i just love how Aiz pov performed better more than Bell's being the real MC. Sorry, boy. XD I don't even had a problem with Lefiya so far as deuteragonist. She was simply annoying as hell, just like Bell in the first half of the season one. However, when its reached the end, everything just fine to me. Even i must say, her screen time was great and contained much satisfying moments. Its really strengthened Aiz calm and silent positions when its needed.
Story: 7
Arts dept.: 8
Sounds dept.: 8
Characterization: 7
Enjoyment: 9
Overall averaging scores: 8/10
Thats it for me.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 9, 2020 12:29 AM

Oct 2012
so much open ended shit. thats it huh. I guess won't know the rest unless you read the lns.

this could have been like rail gun to danmachis main series to index but nope. seems like a one and done season with just there for fan service of aiz and buy the lns. oh well. if I didn't wiki I wouldn't know what happens with the rest of the chars. I guess while main series is on season 3 this shit will be left in the dust
Dec 19, 2020 7:10 PM

Apr 2019
I'd say I enjoyed this a little more than the original danmachi. Loki familia and Ais are just more interesting I guess. Boss Fights are still as underwhelming as the original though. 5/10

Sep 15, 2022 1:00 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
A nice action packed final episode, the big bad plant monster is revealed to be a spirit (a little confusing lol) and the party almost gets wiped but Bell’s influence from before helps them get their mojo back, to which they push forward again and Aiz gets the final blow in with the help of Lefiya, definitely a cool sequence. I’ll say tho I was hoping Revis would show up again but the fact that she didn’t was disappointing, but I’m guessing that’s something for later in the LN, I just hope it gets adapted someday. And the rest of the episode is some plot stuff regarding what happened and the girls enjoying themselves on the bench, complete with Loki getting slammed on the ground by Lefiya lol.

And I’ll say this was definitely a fun and worthwhile watch, I’m glad me and my buddy took a turn from the main series before Season 2 to watch this one, definitely adds more to Season 1 and just getting to learn more from the Loki familia and see things from their POV was very cool, and I mean who could deny more Aiz content lol. Of course I know people are split on Lefiya but I liked her, definitely enjoyed her Aiz fantasies and how she grew to help out the rest of the party which definitely showed in this final episode, and I also liked her budding relationship with Filvis, who was my personal favorite side character of this show.

And I was also a fan of the bits of fanservice in this one, I was hoping it would deliver on that giving the Aiz focus as well as Tione and Tiona, and I’m glad it did. That OP and ED were both good as well, I think I prefer the ones from Season 1 but these were great too and were definitely fitting for this series. With that, I guess we’ll hit Season 2 sometime soon, this was a fun one for sure.
Oct 7, 2022 8:56 AM
Jun 2019
veeeeeeeeeeeeery gooooooood
Oct 17, 2022 5:54 AM
Mar 2016
The main series have 4 seasons yet Sword Princess side story have not a season 2? must be not really that popular huh? also I'm still waiting for the adaptation of Lion's side story.
Nov 18, 2022 3:58 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
The finale is far from what many here are praising it for, some scenes hit very well, like when Riveria and Gareth fallen after protecting everyone (the party had many adventures that were too weak to take the full brunt of such an attack and survive), the soundtrack was doing its think, I finally realized that I should be checking said OST for the whole series, so there is that, BUT.

BUT this is a farcry of what could have been, and people have to realize they are animating level 6 adventures, yet their movements are so fucking slow most of times, the studios never had the budget to properly make justice to the speed and power of higher level adventures, it just feels really inconsistent, and the directing for many scenes deserved so much better.

On the LN this part was really long, but I feel like an episode would have been enough, but really the directing left so much to desire, the scale of the battles on ep11 and ep12 are BIG, but the budget they have available really makes them look anything but epic and lethal.

The source material ISNT perfect but at least had a really epic conclusion for this volume adapted here fully, deserved better, the whole Danmachi franchise deserved better than the studios it sadely gotten, thought they improved a lot with S3 and hopefully will even more with S4 Part 2.
Still, seeing floors up to 59 animated was truly great, and they were some really good scenes here, so while I was considering being harsh and give it a 6, I definitly had fun and seen some rather good scenes I will not want to forget, plus great OST.

6.9/10 = 7

If you liked this, go read the LN and finish up to vol12, the identity about Enyo and a few other characters is finally revealed and in scale vol12 easily tops this volume, while also giving closure to some characters like Lefiya or Filvis, which relationship was a plus for the later volumes.
Feb 26, 2023 3:41 PM

Nov 2010
I'm still curious about the connection between Ais's mother and that monster and Revis. Or do they call anyone with sprite blood Aria? Also, what happened to Ais's parents? I guess I'll find out in the future seasons.
That was a good battle with lots of cool special attacks. It was a feast for my eyes. It also reminded me of super bosses in RPG games. With their ridiculous casting speed and they always use AOE attacks.
I wonder how powerful is the real thing since that was apparently just a clone.
I love Ais, so I enjoyed this season overall. 8/10
Aug 3, 2023 12:18 AM

Aug 2018
Much better the second time through, the amount of foreshadowing of later seasons is phenomenal. My only gripe is that we’ve stopped mid story, and as of August 2023 it doesn’t look like the many teasers after the credits will be answered in anime form.
Aug 3, 2023 7:41 AM

Feb 2022
Really enjoyed that. I enjoyed spending more time with the Loki Familia. I'm going to go back and watch this and Danmachi S1 together since there is overlap up to a certain point.
jorel262Aug 3, 2023 7:46 AM
Aug 7, 2023 1:52 PM
Nov 2022
Estuvo genial esta historia, le da mucho mas valor a todo lo que paso en la temporada original
Aug 26, 2023 3:25 AM

Nov 2013
I wish there were more episodes about Loki Familia
They are way more interesting than this shitty OP main dude.
Jan 31, 5:42 PM

Nov 2009
Nice speech Capt, like I said, dude could be an actual MC/ Protag of a series of his own.

Ais is truly one of the strongest and best girl of Danmachi.

Also, still quite interesting that they pretty much paired Lefiya as Bell's rival, LOL

___ ___ ___

Tho I wonder how strong the "Zeus familia" is... since they been to the original level 59 and deeper that no others have gone to.

But... how did no one know about the change in level 59, no one else made it to level 59 before? what happened to the Zeus familia?
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 15, 9:05 AM
Jun 2023
The twelfth and final episode of DanMachi Sword Oratoria delivers an action-packed and emotionally charged conclusion, as the characters face their ultimate challenges and the fate of Orario hangs in the balance. With its thrilling storyline, intense battles, and character resolutions, this episode leaves viewers satisfied while still yearning for more.

The animation quality continues to impress, immersing viewers in the fantastical world of Orario with its stunning visuals and attention to detail. From the labyrinthine depths to the grandiose battle arenas, each scene is brought to life with fluid animation and vibrant colors. The action sequences are dynamic and visually captivating, showcasing the characters' growth and prowess.

Character development reaches its peak in this final episode, as the members of Loki Familia confront their deepest fears and make crucial choices. The complexities of their motivations and internal struggles are laid bare, driving the emotional weight of the episode. The interactions between the characters are poignant and heartfelt, solidifying their bonds and revealing the strength they find in one another.

The plot unfolds with relentless intensity, as the characters engage in the ultimate showdown against formidable adversaries. The pacing is well-executed, balancing moments of high-stakes action, suspense, and character-driven narratives. Each revelation and twist adds depth to the overall narrative, building towards a satisfying climax.

Episode 12 presents jaw-dropping battles and moments of redemption, as the characters push themselves to their limits and prove their worth. The confrontations are not only physical but also psychological, as the characters confront their own weaknesses and find the courage to face them head-on. These moments provide both thrilling action and powerful character resolutions.

The soundtrack heightens the impact of the episode, intensifying the emotions and tension within each scene. The music perfectly complements the action sequences and adds gravitas to quieter moments, effectively immersing viewers in the world of Sword Oratoria. The opening and ending themes continue to resonate with the series, adding to its overall impact.

While Sword Oratoria can be enjoyed as a standalone series, having prior knowledge of the events and characters from the main series, DanMachi, enhances the viewing experience and deepens the understanding of the world of Orario.

In conclusion, the twelfth episode of DanMachi Sword Oratoria delivers an action-packed and emotionally charged conclusion. With its impressive animation, well-developed characters, and thrilling plot developments, it leaves viewers satisfied while still leaving room for further exploration. Fans of the original series will be pleased with the final showdown and the character resolutions that bring the series to a satisfying close.
Danmachi Best Anime WW

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2017

70 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 27, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

54 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 24, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

84 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

86 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:02 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2017

48 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.