Forum Settings
Forums

How do you watch all the anime you want to?

New
Jun 28, 2017 6:01 AM

Apr 2016
Every season I take a look at the new anime and there is always a long list of ones that I would love to watch. I always end up with not enough time or just burning out before I can finish all of them and it makes me pretty disappointed.

I just want to know if anyone else is in a similar situation where they feel like they wish they could finish an anime but just didnt have the time or effort to watch it.
Jun 28, 2017 6:18 AM

Apr 2016
There is no need to rush to watch all the anime you want to. Just watch it at a natural pace and keep track of the shows that look interesting. I have a huge backlog of shows that I want to watch, but as I watched more anime I became better at telling which shows Inwould like so my backlog grew at a slower rate and now I am finishing shows more often than I am adding shows to watch. I think the same will eventually happen to you.
Jun 28, 2017 6:22 AM
Jan 2016
I usually just watch whatever is on my list and if I end up hearing about good ones for the season then I'll stop to watch it, but only if it looks interesting enough.
elikenyonJun 28, 2017 6:35 AM
Jun 28, 2017 6:31 AM

Apr 2016
Easily, i do not watch every trash that comes from new season.
Jun 28, 2017 6:34 AM

Feb 2010
Just talking about seasonals? I don't really. That is if we're talking about anything that even remotely interests me or which I think could have the potential to be fun even if it isn't very likely. I used to be like that, picking up 30 shows per season so i would make sure not to miss out of anything. But it does get very tiring and exhausting after a while.

What helped me tho was simulwatching some of them with friends. Either have your own discussion thread in some club, or get together and watch it while you chat in skype or discord. It's pretty easy to finish even the more mediocre seasonals like that.

Also I tend to wait these days for at least a few weeks until I consider picking up shows. Sometimes you can avoid disappointments just by looking at the score developments. If it's one of the most anticipated and popular shows of the season with tens of thousands of viewers and still gets like a below 7 rating very early on, it is most likely trash and I feel like I've dodged a bullet. Example: Clockwork Planet this season. Or Mayoiga. Or Coppelion. Most seasons have one or two shows like that.
But just in general it is easier to inquire about shows once a few eps have aired so you can figure out more reliably whether you want to pick them up or not.

But mainly I've started to stop watching seasonals, especially the ones I'm hyped about, while they air. I always spend the first two or weeks of a new season watching all the shows that just finished airing that interest me. I watch them more efficiently that way (sometimes marathoning them in one day) and it's just more hype and fun in general. I definitely feel like I'm spending much less time on seasonals like that compared to keeping up with them weekly, because it's more condensed.

And just in general something I always did was watch the episodes you are hyped for the most as the last episodes each week. As long as you have other seasonals that have episodes out watch those first. You always want to go from 'meh' to 'awesome' and not the other way round. You'll always look forward to your favorites and watching some of the more meh shows before them will just inrease the anticipation. But watching your favorites and then something meh will make you lost motivation very quickly. So if you don't want to drop the shows that make you 'burn out' at least make sure you use your favorites to motivate yourself to watch those other shows as well.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 28, 2017 6:34 AM

Aug 2016
I don't. Feelsbadman. Watching/keeping up seasonals really is hard for me that's why I limit the shows I watch :/

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Jun 28, 2017 6:37 AM

Feb 2015
I usually pick only a few seasonal anime, 3-5 titles usually, so I don't have the same problem as you do.
I suggest you to not rush yourself, watch anime in your usual pace.
Jun 28, 2017 6:41 AM

Jan 2013
Maybe you just don't like watching shows weekly and prefer to watch at your own pace. I always end up dropping most seasonals, I just lose interest in them because of all this waiting. I only managed to finish 3 shows this spring.
Jun 28, 2017 6:43 AM

Oct 2014
Not many new seasonal shows interest me, so usually I have enough time to watch all that I want to.
Jun 28, 2017 6:43 AM

Jan 2017
I wait till about mid-season to pick up a show. By that point, it becomes easy to grasp how the good or bad a show is. Additionally, I have a list of hundreds of other shows from previous seasons saved on a google doc of mine (I've been using google for a while, and when I decided to also use MAL, I thought it'd be too much work transferring all those titles). Basically, I have so many shows on that list that's I already know are good that I don't stress about keeping up. Even with second seasons of shows I know I like I wait till mid-season. Also I prefer dubs, so I usually have to wait 1 month to a year anyway...

On top of all that, I tend to not binge anime during the school year, so most of my shows I watch during breaks. "How" I watch shows is through some illegal and some legal means, but I mostly use WatchCartoonOnline.
Jun 28, 2017 6:46 AM

Apr 2017
Usually Pick the recent decent ones rather than piques my current interest of some shows that will turned out to be crap.

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jun 28, 2017 7:09 AM

Apr 2017
we're actually the same, 9 or 10 hours of school then tons of paper works life is so fuckin tiring every midnight i plan to watch something but always ends up sleeping

still life: pink roses
Jun 28, 2017 7:12 AM
Sep 2015
Im Never able the anime i want to because i have a very high drop rate and after i finish a very good anime i try with 2-3 animes and then find the next best anime but all in this time im only able to watch 1 anime in 2-3 months excluding seasonal anime of course
Jun 28, 2017 7:28 AM

Feb 2016
I know how you feel. I don't watch anime as much as I did when I started. I used to watch 4-5 episodes every night, and as many as I could bear during the day if I didn't have anything to do. Now I don't even watch it every day. And if I do, it's usually 3 episodes max.

I want to watch anime more and be into it like I used to, but I just don't feel like. People have told me I'm just burnt out, but I've felt like this since last year. Burn out doesn't feel like a good term for me anymore. Especially since I'm probably on MAL more than I watch anime.

But I don't sweat it. I have my whole life to watch anime and it isn't going anywhere.
Jun 28, 2017 8:24 AM

Jun 2016
I'm a pretty busy person myself, but despite that I always find time to watch anime. And yes there are times when I can't really watch even a single episode of the anime I'm currently watching, and it's really frustrating. But heck I'm still young, and I think I can finish all the 300+ anime in my PTW. Haha!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 28, 2017 8:37 AM

Dec 2012
I don't which is my my plan to watch list has hundreds of things in it.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jun 28, 2017 9:05 AM

Feb 2013
in the words of the prophet jacob, 3.5x it
Jun 28, 2017 9:57 AM

Oct 2014
I only pick a couple seasonals from each season to watch and don't watch them until after the season is finished, but even without seasonals weighing down on my anime watching time I still don't have time to watch everything I want to. There are so many anime out there that this isn't a plausible goal for me. Just watch at your own pace and don't worry about which great anime you want to watch but know you never will.
Jun 28, 2017 10:25 AM

Nov 2013
Well you can finish a 13 episode anime in just a few hours. At least you can pick the best looking ones from the list and watch those, most of it is bad anyway.
Jun 28, 2017 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
If we talk about seasonal anime watching, I usually pick around most titles but I don't watch them on weekly basis recently (well I make few exceptions around this, example if I want to keep few titles weekly). At most I switched up a bit, I watch their first few episodes, leave them there for a while and focus around something else, and when I feel like continuing them or crave for more content, I pick them up again. This is the thing I tried to pull out.

Again this will be the exception if I want to stay still with some series weekly, for those that not I would prefer binging them.

This might sound contradicting but this is the thing I've been trying to do recently after a certain point where I was a completionist.
Jun 28, 2017 7:10 PM

Sep 2013
For Seasonal: I pick whatever interested me in the synopsis or if I like the character designs/animation. It also helps if one of my favorite studios are working on it or if my favorite voice actors/actress is dubbing. Which ends up being 10-15 series. By the end of the season I usually end up dropping 2 series or put them on hold if I don't like it as much.

Then the period between each season I just pick whatever I've been meaning to watch or heard good things about. If I don't find anything I like while I wait for a new season, I end up just trying to finish what I put on hold.

I also try to watch 2-cour series so I don't lose interest quicker or feel burned out. Anime is the same as television, I just can't watch 100+ episodes all at once without ending up hating it or feeling burned out. That's why I avoid anime series like One Piece or american television thats in their 5th or 6th season...I also avoided Gintama and Hunter x Hunter for a while but I ended up watching them though it took a long time.
TehSnawnJun 28, 2017 7:16 PM

Jun 28, 2017 7:20 PM
Dec 2015
For watching seasonally, just don't watch literally every show that comes out. Only watch the ones that interest you somewhat. I avoid any LN style magic academy shows, Jojo-esque manly-man action shows that lack other things, and generally anything with a premise and staff that doesn't interest me (I can pick it up if people start raving about it). It usually leaves me with about 10 shows at the start of the season, and I will probably not finish the amount of shows I start. Basically, be selective about what you watch and don't be afraid to drop stuff if you gave it a fair chance and don't think it will be worth your time. Try to mix in other media like games or books too.
Jun 28, 2017 7:21 PM

Aug 2016
for me, watching an ongoing series is much easier than the completed one. Because you know, theres only one episode per week so you can like watch 2 or 3 everyday. It wont take much of your time.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 28, 2017 7:29 PM

Jan 2013
I rarely watch any show while it's airing. TBH, I'll only watch the long-running shonen Anime while they are ongoing. But for your standard 1-2 cours, I usually watch after they have ended. So for the new shows I watch, a lot of the time they were airing the season prior to me watching them. And it works better that way, because I like to know if a show I'm watching is actually good before I spend my time watching it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2017 7:36 PM

Jun 2015
I watch like five-ten minutes of something and drop if it's trash.

It's usually trash.

I should actually mark on my list so I remember how trash things are.

Jun 28, 2017 7:41 PM

Oct 2015
start everything then drop half of them after 2 eps, thats what i do
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Jun 28, 2017 7:47 PM

Jan 2016
My recommendation is to take your time and enjoy what you're watching. I'm learning that really good anime is a finite resource, so there's no need to get through it all at once.
Jun 28, 2017 7:54 PM

Jun 2015
during school days i prioritize school so i do my homework first, after that is out of the way i have all the leisure time my heart desires :) I usually watching airing animes and watch them daily so around 3 eps a day or so depends on when it airs.
Jun 29, 2017 2:13 AM

Jun 2015
How do I watch all the anime I want? I dont. And I feel thats probably the same with eveyone.

It takes seconds to add a new series to your list but hours to actually check one off it. So the list keeps getting longer and longer...
Jun 29, 2017 11:24 AM

Jun 2008
If you prioritize anime over other hobbies like video games, sports or whatever you're into, then you will find that you have time to watch all those shows you want to watch.

More topics from this board

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 2 hours ago

10 by TheBerserker »»
2 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 53 minutes ago

13 by WatchTillTandava »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime adaptation wish list

kuroneko99 - Apr 5

27 by Rhaelynne »»
5 minutes ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 40 minutes ago

3 by Otakupervert890 »»
5 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

233 by Maumuu »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.