Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 31, 2017 12:18 AM

Jun 2015
It has VERY great moments like the movie, but in general it's very boring.
It's sorta like this

What do you think of this anime? tbh I don't really like it except for the 1 special moment of the whole episode where I think ''This moment is really great'' and then it goes downhill again.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jun 1, 2017 10:25 PM

Jun 2015
q66 said:
have you considered it might be just a case of shit taste

Yeah from the guys who like this.. the movie + the ova was amazing and then we get this?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jun 2, 2017 9:02 AM

Dec 2015
The movies werent even that great anyway
Besides a few unnecessary eps dedicated to the most random characters in this show, I think its fantastic, the way a magic show should be. Its real fun and very inspirational too

Oh and ur the guy that posted that one Koe no Katachi thread.
As if everyone should have the same taste as you
Jun 2, 2017 9:13 AM

Dec 2015
No, in fact I think it has a certain charm (I swear I'm not trying to do a pun) that very few other anime have that manages to keep me captivated through the full episode. When I first watched the movies I thought to myself "i love the characters, it's just a shame that we only got to have one short movie with them, it would be cool to see them get to develop more by going on a bunch of adventures and it would be cool if we got to see some more world building" and that's exactly what the TV series has delivered.

In my opinion LWA is probably the best anime of the year so far.
Jun 2, 2017 11:54 AM

Jul 2013
Your taste is just so bad I can smell its stink from the north pole.
Jun 2, 2017 4:42 PM

Aug 2014
You rated Fairy Tail, and Attack on Titan a 10. You wouldn't know good taste if it slapped you in the face.
#dicksoutforhughmungus
Jun 2, 2017 7:41 PM

May 2016
Since you're being vague about it being boring, I don't really know how to follow up. A common complaint is that the show is episodic which I don't see is a fault, it is just that most people have bad taste prefer more linear plots.
I like the TV anime and contrary to popular opinion prefer the episodic storytelling and find the more plot related episodes to be the more boring ones.
Jun 3, 2017 2:20 AM

Jun 2015
takenMalUsername said:
Since you're being vague about it being boring, I don't really know how to follow up. A common complaint is that the show is episodic which I don't see is a fault, it is just that most people have bad taste prefer more linear plots.
I like the TV anime and contrary to popular opinion prefer the episodic storytelling and find the more plot related episodes to be the more boring ones.

it's just that akko is a fucking annoying character. She makes everything so fucking terrible. She has no good characteristics
Jun 3, 2017 2:54 AM
Jul 2018
the whole anime is terrible. i mean this was supposed to be harry potter of anime, u know some casting spells, wars, thrilling adventures instead we get hermion but she is not smart and cant cast 1 spell right
Jun 3, 2017 3:04 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Ehh I mean it's had some peak episodes for sure (like the "sacrifice" performance episode was just incredible for example) but even so I wouldn't say it's ever been bad. Just that it's "normally" maybe 8/10 level but occasionally spikes up to maybe 9.5/10 briefly
Jun 3, 2017 3:51 AM

Jun 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Ehh I mean it's had some peak episodes for sure (like the "sacrifice" performance episode was just incredible for example) but even so I wouldn't say it's ever been bad. Just that it's "normally" maybe 8/10 level but occasionally spikes up to maybe 9.5/10 briefly
HaXXspetten said:

Boku no hero academy 18/25 episodes seen. Lol how😂😂😂 you don't even watch the show and rate it a 4 gg I
Jun 3, 2017 3:53 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Takamura-sama said:
HaXXspetten said:

Boku no hero academy 18/25 episodes seen. Lol how😂😂😂 you don't even watch the show and rate it a 4 gg I
Unless you somehow can't read, that's 10/25. Also what does that have to do with anything
Jun 3, 2017 4:47 PM

Mar 2009
I liked the OVAs better, personally.
Jun 3, 2017 10:22 PM
May 2015
i think its the best tv series to air in years
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2017 9:10 AM

May 2009
What an uninspired shitposting.
Jun 5, 2017 12:24 AM

May 2010
OP not even trying.
Jun 5, 2017 3:20 AM

Jun 2014
This isn't even funny shitposting.

This really just showed me how miserable you are in real life. Sure, Little Witch Academia isn't perfect and it didn't turn out how good I expected to be, but I still think this anime is very special!
Jun 5, 2017 8:32 AM

Oct 2015
Jack_100HP said:
the whole anime is terrible. i mean this was supposed to be harry potter of anime, u know some casting spells, wars, thrilling adventures instead we get hermion but she is not smart and cant cast 1 spell right
Cuz that's part of the story. Have you even watched the latest episode? Jesus.
Jun 5, 2017 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
Nostalgik said:
Jack_100HP said:
Cuz that's part of the story. Have you even watched the latest episode? Jesus.
no?
what episode is the latest? 34050? GeeZus.
Jun 5, 2017 9:31 AM

Jul 2013
The premise is nice, I'm hoping it's as good as the OVA's.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jun 5, 2017 9:58 AM

May 2016
The plot is EXTREMELY SLOW which it convinced the fans to drop it because of the fact this series has 25 episodes and they started to say "this series is boring as I wasn't expected." But each episodes that has specific issue with plot, I always felt entirely unsure if I should drop it and I still enjoy this series but even I wanna to watch this for fun.

Speaking of, what's the point of saying "This anime is bad but has great moments.. Do you think so too?" And you just can't answer it for yourself, here it is:

Q."This anime is bad but has great moments.. Do you think so too?"

Answer: This anime is NOT BAD, it is very good but specifically. It really depends how the plot will hold the fans till they reach the climax, (I would say?) even so you think this anime is BAD but has GREAT MOMENTS. Then it's not FACT, it's your OPINION.

(I don't mind what you gonna say cause I know. ;P)
DeadeyeReViValJun 5, 2017 10:10 AM
Jun 5, 2017 1:11 PM

Mar 2015
i'm so unsure what to think of this anime as a whole. i like the characters, the world, the magic, and the animation, but the plot always brings me down, whether it be most of the episodic ones (for instance, while i loved the stock-holding dragon, the way that episode just keeps pulling events out it's butt throughout annoys me heavily. another example would be how the visit to lotte's family just turns into akko having to save everyone from death out of nowhere. while the quiet moments afterward were nice, i just wish many of the episodic plots used foreshadowing or hints throughout instead of dropping plots out of nowhere. the "foreshadowing" for the calamity in the lotte's family ep literally occurs 10 seconds before the incident) or the main plot (akko having to find the words is OK, but croix annoys me for reasons i'm not entirely sure about. maybe it's because she's so obviously evil, or because she comes in out of nowhere as a villain instead of being introduced slowly throughout the run of the show).

i can't say i dislike the show, but as a whole all i can see is the wasted potential from the two movies/ovas/whatever. the current show has too much cliché in its storytelling (how many times does a character ALMOST say something important, before being interrupted/stopping themselves? quiet a few, i'm sure). i will say i was close to dropping it before akko changed from "gah i can't do anything" to "gah i can't do anything YET but i'll work hard to be a witch instead of complaining," a development that made me appreciate her character a lot more.

TLDR: i can see where OP is coming from, but i wouldn't go all out and say it's "bad."

also, it's not like either side were particularly cordial, but do we really have to start insulting people's "taste" when they make an argument you disagree with? it's a discussion board, not a place for dull insults.
nyahgustJun 5, 2017 1:18 PM
Jun 5, 2017 5:06 PM

Jun 2014
Jack_100HP said:

The Harry Potter of anime?

Did you just make this up or did the creators actually say this was the case? If the former, you're not being logical.
Jun 5, 2017 5:11 PM

Mar 2014
Please, stop falling for the Shiny Bait!

Jun 5, 2017 5:38 PM
Jun 2015
No, its the best anime of this year. Go watch your edgelord "romance".
Jun 5, 2017 5:46 PM
Dec 2016
Says the person who has School Days in their favourite anime list.
Jun 5, 2017 7:09 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Takamura-sama said:
It has VERY great moments like the movie, but in general it's very boring.
It's sorta like this

What do you think of this anime? tbh I don't really like it except for the 1 special moment of the whole episode where I think ''This moment is really great'' and then it goes downhill again.

omfg... can you "most anime is bad" mfs just stop watching?

please?
Jun 5, 2017 8:43 PM

Dec 2012
This show has a very unique atmosphere and while the pacing could use some work, it does most things right. It's about Akko fulfilling her dream, not about wars or going on fucking adventures. To the bunch of idiots that came here once again expecting something that they alone came up with, that's not how it works.

It's like saying a commonly regarded great anime like steins;gate was bad because they didn't have mahou shoujo flying around. No, that's just you being autistic.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Jun 5, 2017 8:48 PM

Apr 2017
are you suggesting trigger made a bad anime?

do you want to fucking die, kiddo?
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Jun 5, 2017 11:02 PM
Aug 2016
The real difficulty with learning to love Little Witch Academia is that, for the first few episodes, it isn't much beyond a fun light-hearted episodic romp in a magical world. This show doesn't really get going until Akko is told of her quest to find the seven Words and unlock the Grand Triskelion, and LWA's themes don't truly start showing up until Professor Croix joins the cast around the midpoint.

And because of that slow beginning, I completely understand why you don't have much good will for this show. Heck, I didn't enjoy it either for the longest time! My mind has been changing bit by bit, though, as the characters' personalities develop and the show reaches its eventual climax. I'm feeling enchanted by the beautiful artistry again, just as I was when I watched the OVAs and Episode 1, and goddamnit am I happy to be enjoying LWA because this show is freakin' beautiful!

While I empathize with your distaste for Akko, I... honestly think you could stand to be a bit more empathetic towards her. Remember that she IS a child, we can't expect complex characterization from her, and what she does have is a kind of steadfast spirit that I think anyone could probably find charming. There's this great blog post I found that basically outlines how LWA could be seen as a metaphor for the state of the anime industry, and Akko is a young aspiring animator:

https://wordpress.com/read/blogs/49691815/posts/10055
Jun 6, 2017 8:27 AM

Sep 2014
I agree. I nearly dropped this somewhere after the beginning of the second season. But I dont really like Akko anyway so this show has a hard time pleasing me already.
The movies where short enough to work well. They are short stories where you dont need/expect proper world and character building. A 25 ep anime on the other hand needs to be much better imo. Its sad that this feels a bit hollow, I want to like and support original work because I hate the "1/2 Season anime for manga boost" system.

I generally feel with the really big amount of anime which would deserve 25 episodes this right here would fit perfectly with just 12. Its a waste of time and money that could have been spent on animating something actual good.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 28, 2017 3:04 AM

Sep 2009
LOL what the fuck is with that MS paint graph?

I've just finished the whole thing and it's great. Too many times where a story presents a incapable but determined protagonist and it's a completely unreal and irritating personality trait. It's refreshing to see that archetype explored and weaved into the plot without it either hamming it up or full on bitch mode. LWA pretty much delivered what I wanted, barring a few shortcomings here and there, which was pretty much an expanded version of the OVA and movie. Not only that it has legs on which it can stand on it's own.

Most of the complaints that come to mind are either minor, niche, or just personal opinion. There's nothing glaringly bad about this show and if you think there is it's all on you.

Saw same OP trying to discredit the show on another forum, failed miserably, and continue to blabber on like a nutjob. Are you actually watching the monitor as you type or just looking in a mirror because all these "complaints" fit you better than it does the show lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2017

152 by LFC123 »»
Mar 21, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

116 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

159 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

310 by HoneyBees91 »»
Feb 28, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2017

186 by trueauracoral »»
Feb 18, 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.