Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Royal Tutor
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 16, 2017 12:31 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That ED music video though, LIT!

Hard work vs. talent, the big battle showcased here. I like they focused on Bruno (hard work) here and still have Leonhard (talent) have his first real breakthrough subtly in the background. I was very happy for him, he's just that innocent and sincere.

It all ended up on what Bruno thinks is best for him and he was always dreaming of being like his father (being the king in this case), he never stopped working for his dream. I like how he made up his ressolve even after getting the recognition through that professor and the standing ovation for his speech he always longed for.

Looks like next episode is gonna be the Kai episode, ah shit son. <3
May 16, 2017 12:44 PM

Jun 2015
Nice to see more focus on Bruno. He's a very hard worker and won't give up on his dreams. The professor he looks up to likes his reports. I'm glad he made up with his resolve. That new ED though.
May 16, 2017 12:52 PM

Sep 2015
haha I wasn't ready for the ED xD
May 16, 2017 1:05 PM

Nov 2016
Nice episode overall.

The main focus was on Bruno and his character development. His irresolution was interesting to watch, for a second I thought he would leave his dream of the throne to study abroad in Orosz, but in the end he decided to follow in the footsteps of his father.

So the suspicious guy from last week is one of Eins subordinates, thats a pity, I was hoping for something more interesting. Well, before I jump to the gun I should wait and see how his partipication in the plot will turn out.

Dat music video thoooo ! Can't remember the last time I cringed so hard...

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 16, 2017 1:54 PM

Sep 2015
Omfg that ending was a m a z i n g
May 16, 2017 2:24 PM

Mar 2016
sakamoto-kun said:
Nice episode overall.
So the suspicious guy from last week is one of Eins subordinates, thats a pity, I was hoping for something more interesting. Well, before I jump to the gun I should wait and see how his partipication in the plot will turn out.

There could be some misdirection concerning Eins. He may not be a bad guy, but instead we're shown some snippets to make us think that. Most likely he is trying to insure that he is the next king by disqualifying his brothers, but it is not definitive yet.

The music in the ED is the same as always; they just went to a live action video instead of the previous set of anime clips. I actually liked it. Since I can't read the credits, I don't know if the singers are an actual band or the voice actors. A lot of times nowadays the VAs sing the closing song, so I wonder if they got dressed up as the princes and Heine and went for it.
-- Rich
May 16, 2017 2:39 PM

Nov 2016
r0kus said:
sakamoto-kun said:
Nice episode overall.

There could be some misdirection concerning Eins. He may not be a bad guy, but instead we're shown some snippets to make us think that. Most likely he is trying to insure that he is the next king by disqualifying his brothers, but it is not definitive yet.

I also don't think that Eins has bad intentions, probably he isn't even aware about the doings of his "henchman".

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 16, 2017 3:48 PM

Aug 2013
So the eldest brother's name is Eins. Was wondering when he'll show up.

Bruno got the recognition that he deserved and Leonhard was got lots of praise. He's reaction was funny. Also little Bruno is so cute

Seems like Eins is plotting to get rid of his brothers. Though I have an extremely bad feelings about his high steward, Rozenberg. He doesn't seem trustworthy.

That live action ED. Wasn't expecting that.

sakamoto-kun said:

I also don't think that Eins has bad intentions, probably he isn't even aware about the doings of his "henchman".

Let's hope so.

May 16, 2017 4:13 PM

Nov 2016
Leo_10 said:
sakamoto-kun said:

Let's hope so.

Yeah, would definitely prefer an honorable Eins. But an underhanded and sly one could be refreshing. Aah, I dunno, let's see what comes :D

May 16, 2017 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
Lol that ending

hmm I wonder who was in the shadow for a few secs.
May 16, 2017 5:22 PM

Nov 2013
nice ending indeed lol

ofc that white haired guy would be the one to tell the teacher about bruno
surprised bruno didnt go tho, would probably be a good thing for him
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
May 16, 2017 7:10 PM

Jan 2017
Great episode, I'm glad we found out a bit more about Rozenberg. I really hope that Eins has no clue he's messing with his brothers.
I wasn't expecting but loved the Ed!
May 16, 2017 8:55 PM

Jan 2016
So they're done focusing on Leonhard, Licht, and Bruno... THAT MEANS KAI IS NEXT YAY
I'm curious about how they'll do the next episode. And I'm also curious about Heine's background oml

That ED tho. I mean, I'm okay with it but... I hope it's just a one time thing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 16, 2017 10:18 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
[quote=r0kus message=50756594]
sakamoto-kun said:
Since I can't read the credits, I don't know if the singers are an actual band or the voice actors.

Yes, the ED is sung by "P4 with T" (I assume that's "4 princes and teacher") -- which is composed of Asato Yuya (Kai), Hirose Daisuke (Leonhard), Adachi Yuto (Bruno), Aoi Shouta (Licht), and Ueda Keisuke (Heine). I'm not certain the five in the ED were the actual VA's, though. Their faces look completely different in their MAL profiles. Maybe they were lip syncing each other's lines, and it seemed like at one part "Kai" was singing Haine's lines.
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
May 16, 2017 10:25 PM

Apr 2009
[quote=kyoudai message=50761310]
r0kus said:
sakamoto-kun said:
Since I can't read the credits, I don't know if the singers are an actual band or the voice actors.

Yes, the ED is sung by "P4 with T" (I assume that's "4 princes and teacher") -- which is composed of Asato Yuya (Kai), Hirose Daisuke (Leonhard), Adachi Yuto (Bruno), Aoi Shouta (Licht), and Ueda Keisuke (Heine). I'm not certain the five in the ED were the actual VA's, though. Their faces look completely different in their MAL profiles. Maybe they were lip syncing each other's lines, and it seemed like at one part "Kai" was singing Haine's lines.

It's them, it's just the make-up and wigs that make them look different. Aoi Shouta posted a picture of him in his twitter account so I'm pretty sure it's them.
ED was funny and kinda cringe-worthy at the same time.
Overall a good episode. I don't think that Eins knows what his guy is doing.
May 16, 2017 10:55 PM
Jan 2013
The ED was so gay. My virgin eyes are bleeding.
ANIME>Disney
May 16, 2017 10:56 PM

Nov 2012
omg that ED was so awesome though??
May 17, 2017 12:26 AM

Dec 2015
kyoudai said:
sakamoto-kun said:

It's them, they just look different because of the wigs and makeup and I will recognize Shouta anywhere. The seiyuu are also reprising their roles for the upcoming stage play, so this is basically how they will look during the play.

And for anyone who wants to relive the fabulousness of the ED:

Edit: Also did Stark drop this anime lol
starlightshineMay 17, 2017 12:35 AM
May 17, 2017 1:41 AM

Nov 2016
@kyoudai

You quoted me instead of @r0kus by mistake :D

May 17, 2017 4:56 AM

Nov 2011
Bruno's role in this show is inspiring. I'd support that.

Wasn't expecting that live action ED. Quite catchy if you ask me.
May 17, 2017 5:37 AM

Feb 2017
The people in the ending are the VAs and they're all stage actors too.

They're so awesome right. The era of hot voice actors who can dance, sing and act well has come!
May 17, 2017 6:34 AM

Sep 2015
I'm really enjoying that each brother is getting their own spotlight episode. Bruno is a great character and again like last week's episode it made me understand his stance on becoming king and his reasoning.

Also getting to know a bit of who the first born Prince is was helpful to add to the eventual reveal that will inevitably happen. As I said last week I didn't know I wanted an overarching villain for this show but after this episode I'm appreciating his looming presence.

That ending music video was hilarious in the best way. I think even they knew how it was a bit cringe worthy and rolled with it. You can tell at the very least they were having fun doing it.

Credit goes to the guys at Minimalistic-Animoo Deviantart Group for the vectors.
May 17, 2017 8:26 AM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
sakamoto-kun said:
@kyoudai

You quoted me instead of @r0kus by mistake :D

悪かったな。Oops, sorry about that. 😋 I try to use only the most relevant parts when I quote someone, and sometimes wading through all the [‌quote‌]s can be laborious.
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
May 17, 2017 9:48 AM

Dec 2015
shiori09 said:
The era of hot voice actors who can dance, sing and act well has come!

It's been around for some time lol, don't forget Miyano Mamoru and even some seiyuu before him (their names escape me right now).

But for this thread I'll just talk about Aoi Shouta. He can definitely dance and sing - he started off as a singer first before becoming a seiyuu! Whether he can act well is debatable (I have friends who absolutely dislike him, unfortunately), but as someone who's been following his seiyuu journey, I can hear improvements, which is nice.

I'll post Shouta media under spoilers:

But it's indeed true that it's more demanding to be a voice actor nowadays; there are plenty of videos on Youtube of voice actor schools which have mandatory classes on dancing (and singing, I think) for the students, and some even have lessons on how to appear presentable. Seiyuu are increasingly visible today and not merely voices on screen, and more is being demanded of them to be well-rounded in various fields.

... And this is kind of off-topic oops, hope this post doesn't get removed. I also welcome conversations with me on this topic if anyone is interested haha ^^
starlightshineMay 17, 2017 9:52 AM
May 17, 2017 11:17 AM

Apr 2009
starlightshine said:
shiori09 said:
The era of hot voice actors who can dance, sing and act well has come!

It's been around for some time lol, don't forget Miyano Mamoru and even some seiyuu before him (their names escape me right now).

But for this thread I'll just talk about Aoi Shouta. He can definitely dance and sing - he started off as a singer first before becoming a seiyuu! Whether he can act well is debatable (I have friends who absolutely dislike him, unfortunately), but as someone who's been following his seiyuu journey, I can hear improvements, which is nice.

I'll post Shouta media under spoilers:

But it's indeed true that it's more demanding to be a voice actor nowadays; there are plenty of videos on Youtube of voice actor schools which have mandatory classes on dancing (and singing, I think) for the students, and some even have lessons on how to appear presentable. Seiyuu are increasingly visible today and not merely voices on screen, and more is being demanded of them to be well-rounded in various fields.

... And this is kind of off-topic oops, hope this post doesn't get removed. I also welcome conversations with me on this topic if anyone is interested haha ^^

Yeah, being a seiyuu idol was sth that was demanded of the female seiyuu, but now there are lots of male seiyuu branching out to music and become idols, more and more magazines are featuring them.
Miyano Mamoru started out as a musical stage actor, same with Irino Miyu, both graduated from the famous talent school Himawari-gekidan, so they're kind of special as earlier examples of male seiyuu who can sing, dance and act.
I have to admit that I don't really like Shouta's voice and I think he's a ok seiyuu, but he's indeed a good singer. That high singing voice is incredible.

On topic, it seems that Heine has some secret on his own that only the king knows and I'm excited but also afraid at the same time what the white-haired guy would find out and how he would use the knowledge. I totally love the relationship between Heine and the princes and I'd hate to see the princes losing trust in their teacher.
May 17, 2017 2:05 PM

Dec 2008
Why did I feel embarrassed for the performers of that ED? And why did the idol dressed as Prince Kai look like he wanted to be somewhere else?

Anyways, I think that Rozenburg dude is acting on his own and is probably the true villain. I doubt Prince Eins even knows what's going on.
May 17, 2017 4:58 PM

Oct 2011
omfg the seiyuu ending ahhhh 😍😍❤❤
May 18, 2017 2:49 AM

Jul 2009
I'm not prepared for the ED and it's awesome imo. I was wondering why they didn't use more famous seiyuu but stage actors at earlier episode, so they made the ED and I heard this going to have a stage play with the same casts.

Does it means Kai is next?
May 18, 2017 6:32 AM

Jun 2016
oh my god that ending was perfect lol
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
May 18, 2017 7:24 AM

Dec 2015
The King hasn't aged a day since Bruno was a kid, immortality confirmed, he's never going to retire and he's trolling his sons.

To be honest the whole drama thing with the succession doesn't really work in my eyes, it would be better if they focused more on the studies, experiences and daily lives of the princes.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 18, 2017 9:41 AM

Jan 2015
Great esisode like always. Glad Bruno moves forward even though his doubts remain he's at least not running to become a scholar. The conspiracies against princes and now Heine though i wonder if they'll manage to find something against Heine. I doubt the mood of the anime will change but something serious may be upon us. Also glad to see Eins, the genius prince then huh. I wonder where is he now. Probably conquering other nations with his intelligence :D

THAT ENDING THO. Gotta show it to my friend who didnt watch the anime :D
May 18, 2017 10:23 AM

Jul 2016
So this episode focused on Bruno, I think next might be Kai. That Eins seems like pulling some strings to remove the princes to their chances to be a king. Heine words here was damn deep.

Wasn't expecting that ED, I'm quite surprised, its a total jpop idol group xD
May 19, 2017 4:39 PM

Jul 2016
As I was simply thinking that this anime was beginning to progress quite nicely after a mediocre start.........

THEY COMPLETELY KILLED ME WITH THAT ED WTF MY HEART

Rozenberg kinda looks like Zen from Mystic Messenger...no?
May 19, 2017 10:48 PM

Aug 2011
Bruno is so precious, you can really tell how earnest and hardworking he is just from this one episode. Not to mention how he's polite and doesn't burst into unprincely behavior, and he's just so nice....
Well, I didn't expect what looks like a setup for a K-pop boy band, but hey! The cosplayers did pretty well!
May 20, 2017 6:34 PM

Apr 2015
It's impossible for me to say something bad about this anime. The story is so simple but is well developed. I love the characters and how they interact. I'm just sad that it looks like Eins is not a good brother.

And about Bruno I can only say good things about him. He is so smart and determined. He is really young but can write papers to show in university. That's amazing!
May 21, 2017 12:18 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! I was surprised with the ED song, the Seiyuu's were dancing and performing like idols! That was great!

anywayz, looks like Heine would be the target of the white villain/antaginist!
5/5 because of the ED! lolz

May 21, 2017 5:36 AM
Mar 2015
shiori09 said:
The people in the ending are the VAs and they're all stage actors too.

They're so awesome right. The era of hot voice actors who can dance, sing and act well has come!

you should check out kiramune, they are all seiyuu who made their singer debut, and during the kiramune live every year, they sing and dance. Especially Irino Miyu he's an amazing dancer and singer!!!
May 21, 2017 7:47 AM

Mar 2009
Will the live-action ED be used from this episode onwards? My feelings about this are 50-50.

Looks like the next episode will focus on Kai. Looking forward to that.
May 21, 2017 12:54 PM

Aug 2013
wasn't expecting the new ending, but i love it!! seeing shoutan made my evening ♥
May 23, 2017 6:37 AM
May 2017
--Tsubasa-- said:

you should check out kiramune, they are all seiyuu who made their singer debut, and during the kiramune live every year, they sing and dance. Especially Irino Miyu he's an amazing dancer and singer!!!

And there's Orepara too, which actually came before Kirafes. But Kirafes is more, let's say, idol-ish? Miyu is next to Mamo one of the best seiyuu performers (both multitalented guys). I was surprised when I saw him the first time, I didn't know that he can sing and dance that well. I hear he's the youngest male seiyuu who debuted as a singer!
ChryseeMay 23, 2017 6:56 AM
May 23, 2017 3:45 PM

Mar 2016
This episode was centered around Bruno and his struggles with his resolve to become king. We finally get the eldest brothers name Eins and at the very end we get to see him for a moment. We also find out that Rozenberg is working for the eldest brother which I suspected. It was a really good episode overall and I can't wait to see the next episode!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 27, 2017 12:35 AM
Nov 2016
wow.. the ending suprised me so much. but I love it
Jun 11, 2017 6:56 PM
Jul 2018
I guess they're doing an episode on each prince. Kai up next <3

I think the thing with Eins is a misdirection... he probably sent Count Rosenberg to watch his brothers and push them to better themselves or something... I can't really see this series having a truly bad/evil villain.

The ED was a nice surprise<3
Jun 23, 2017 8:12 AM

Sep 2013
Bruno-ouji with some jealousy and can't write but he tries hard and gets a offer to go with his favorite scholar but he refuses after some thought :)
Jul 10, 2017 4:36 AM

Aug 2016
:D, that ending made this episode even better!
Nanika ga Okashii
Jul 24, 2017 5:59 AM

May 2013
lol cosplay for the ending is pretty good! X)

Waahhh, that count wants to get rid of all the princes so he can grab the throne I bet. But who the fuck is he, even?!?! =____='

Looks like next ep focuses on my lovely Kai ouji-samaaaaa <333333333333333333333
Oct 11, 2017 8:23 AM

Oct 2012
So, Eins want to get rid all of them? Or is it just 8man Rozenberg's wish?

That ED
Thanks seiyuu-san!
Aoi shota looked cool with long blond hair xD
"Signature removed"
Dec 25, 2018 7:17 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
ANOTHER FANTASTIC EPISODE !!! ALSO THE ENDING MV WAS FUCKING GREAT !!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Apr 10, 2020 1:44 AM

Oct 2017
I voted 5 because the ED was hELLA LIT. damn got the shock of my life when i saw a live mv.
god i fucking love it sm.
Sep 23, 2023 3:33 PM

Dec 2020
The live action music video surprised me at the end lol I was like hold up
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Can i ask something....

yukiyamayui - Nov 12, 2023

5 by Senpai-no-lie »»
Nov 15, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

67 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 5, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

33 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 4, 2023 4:50 PM

Poll: » Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

33 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 4, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2017

33 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 4, 2023 12:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.